Real Property Management Rincon, Inc. Excessive and Fradulant Move-Out Fees Tucson, Arizona
*Author of original report: Correction to a Fee Entry
Completed three consecutive 1 year rental agreements and a consecutive 9 months of a 1 year rental agreement through this property management company. When moving out of the property three months early we were verbally promised that the remainder of the rent would not be billed once a new tenant was under contract. We received a "bill" from them two months before the contract would have ended. Some items on the bill were fraudulent, others included excessive fees or labor rates, and some were normally not billable "normal wear" charges.
(1) Billed for two light bulbs to replace burned out bulbs in a 16' plus overhead track light bar. Two brand new bulbs in their original packaging were left on a counter near the track lights.
(2) Charged a substantial $96 re-keying fee when they freely admit that re-keying is a normal business expense. They claim that since the last 1 year contract was ended early the charge is valid. So in effect, the previous 3 years and 9 months of consecutive occupancy is somehow different than someone who completes a single 1 year contract.
(3) Charged for replacement of a set of broken blinds that were broken when we moved in and were listed on a move-in damage sheet that was hand carried to their office within one week of move-in. They conveniently claim the sheet does not exist.
(1) Charged $40+ labor for the above mentioned track light bulb replacement. Bill claims the bulbs broke when they attempted to remove them and they are asking for compensation to correct an issue they caused.
(2) Charged $350 at $75 per hour for cleaning fees. The house was thoroughly cleaned before moving out except for a few areas that were too high to reach (several 10' plus ceiling fans and ledges) and the cabinet top above the natural gas stove in the kitchen (impossible to clean and was not clean when we moved in). The 5 hours is not in dispute but the hourly rate is very excessive.
(1) Charged a substantial fee for replacing a toilet ring (including the cost of the ring) and tightening the toilet to the floor. This would be considered by a reasonable person to be normal wear in a 3 year and 9 month duration.
(2) Charged for minor touch up painting of walls and doors - again a reasonable person would consider this normal wear for the occupancy duration.
Reimbursement of partial month's rent:
Noticed property was occupied on 4/24/2013 and contacted the new tenant. New tenant's contract is dated 4/19/2013. Have yet to be contacted about reimbursement of the 11 days of rent the property was under a new contract. Entire month of April was billed and paid on 4/1/2013 by us.
Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Real Property Management Rincon, Inc.
REBUTTALS & REPLIES:
1Author 0Consumer 0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals