Complaint Review: Real Property Management (RPM)
Real Property Management (RPM) Illegal leases, slow maintenance, bad service Denver Colorado
RPM is an unethical, poorly-managed, unknowledgable, irresponsible, and fraudulent property management company. There really should be laws regulating these types of businesses.
It must be really easy to start a property management in Colorado. Rent from RPM if you want dirty units, slow repair, and constant lying.
1. We went to see a house being shown by RPM. It was FILTHY. The walls were covered in oily dust, everything was dingy, scratched, and moldy. We decided to get it anyway, after the agent promised to have it cleaned before we moved in. When we moved in it wasn't clean at all. We cleaned it and touched up the paint ourselves after countless calls to the agent who wasn't sure if the cleaners came or not. It was no big deal, we were just surprised that a simple cleaning job would be so hard to organize, especially for a management company.
2. When we went to sign the lease, the agent there wasn't helpful AT ALL. She rushed through the paperwork and didn't bother to answer any of our questions. She was eating her lunch through the lease signing.
3. Once we moved in. It was obvious that the house was not split properly or legally. There were other tenants living in the house even though our lease stated that the entire property was ours. There was another unit attached to the house with a door between units. There was no lock on that door. After repeated attempts to have a proper lock installed, RPM had a flimsy chain-lock put on.
4. The maintenance is really slow. It took us 3 months to get a light fixture looked at and changed. RPM also didn't tell us that maintenance was coming to look at the water heater in the basement, which resulted in a 300 pound man trying to open our front door and banging on the windows.
5. The other tennants in the house had access to our unit with keys RPM gave them. RPM never notified us of this. We were living in an unsecured house for +5 months before we found out.
6. The house was not split into Unit A or B, we had a "shared" mailbox. We asked the County Zoning office whether the house was legally separated into two units. It was NOT legally separated.
RPM screwed over the owner of the house, us, the other tennants and our renter's insurance by leasing out an illegal property. We raised this issue with our lawyer and he got us out of the lease after weeks of disscussion with RPM. RPM threatened to take us to court if we didnt agree to their lease termination requirements, even though THEY would be at fault. They put an ad up on Craigslist to lease out the "unit," even though they KNOW it's an illegal lease.
7. They promised to give us our security deposit back. It has been 40+ days and we have still not recieved it.
All in all, our experience with RPM was horrible. They lied to us and our trust in them is completely gone. RPM should be investigated and shut down for their illegal activites and poor management.
**The lease explicitly stated that no verbal agreements are binding. We saw that other tennants shared the property when we were shown the unit, but this was never confirmed verbally, in writing, and was NOT disscussed in the lease. The property is, in effect, a multi-unit building in a two-unit zone. It is an illegal lease.**
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2013 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/real-property-management-rpm/denver-colorado-80231/real-property-management-rpm-illegal-leases-slow-maintenance-bad-service-denver-colo-1052125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: