Complaint Review: real soft gold baku az

• Submitted: Sat, December 26, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, December 27, 2009
  • Reported By: Jim — Eldersburg Maryland United States of America
  • real soft gold baku az

Baku, Arizona
    United States of America

real soft gold baku az Locked up my computer Baku, Arizona

*Author of original report: Promise of a refund

On December 13 or 14, 2009, while working on my computer the machine all of a sudden showed a screen soliciting the Real Soft Gold virus protection software. My computer locked up and I could not unlock it. No matter what I did, the machine stayed locked. I could not even turn it off. The ad kept telling me to purchase the software. I did not want it or need it but I felt I had no alternative but to purchase the software. As soon as I purchased it, at a cost of $49.95, my machine went back to normal. The only thing that I got from the purchase was an Icon on my desktop. The Icon indicated it as a short cut to the program but the program was no where to be found!

DO NOT GET SUCKED IN! I don't know how to help anyone avoid having there computer locked up with this company but do whatever you can to NOT purchase it. It is a scam all the way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2009 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/real-soft-gold-baku-az/baku-arizona-/real-soft-gold-baku-az-locked-up-my-computer-baku-arizona-545613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Promise of a refund

AUTHOR: Jim - (United States of America)

This is Sunday, December 27, 2009. I finally got a person to answer the company's 800 number! I spoke with Stephany and told her that I wanted a full refund for the product that I had to purchase in order to unlock my computer.

She asked for a confirmation number and I told her I was not given one. She then asked for certain numbers from my credit card. She then said that I should receive a credit on my credit card within the next ten (10) days. Nothing about being sorry for the inconvenience or anything. I asked her for a confirmation number of the my call and their willingness to credit my account. She gave me one and that was that. I will let you know if and when I receive the credit.

Just because of the above, I would still NOT recommend that you continue to do business with this company.