Complaint Review: RECEIVABLES MANAGEMENT GROUP

14675 MARTIN DR
    EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota
    USA

RECEIVABLES MANAGEMENT GROUP BMG Music, RMG, Fraudulent EDEN PRAIRIE Minnesota

I noticed a few months ago that a company Receiveable Management Group posted a collection on my account for $100.00.  It promptly disappeared a few days later.  This collection caused a 100 point spike in my credit report, and caused a MAJOR disruption with my credit card companies (i.e. Amex pulled my report and did a financial audit).  Now two months later the same charge reappeared, and this time I called up these frauds.

They "claim" that I orderered a BMG music subscription in 2008 (conveniently within the statute of limitations), and used an address that is on my public records.  I immediately caught them in the first lie, because I wasn't at this address during the time frame they claim.  Additionally, I haven't purchased any type of CD since probably the late 90s.  To me, it appears these guys purchased old data from BMG, and are dropping collections on peoples CRs in hopes that they panic and pay the money to clear it off. [continued below]....

..... These is beyond abuse by a CR, and this type of business should not be allowed.  Where is the burden of proof on these guys!!!!?  Basically I could start a collection agency, file something false on someone's CR that ruins their credit in hopes that the person will panic and pay me to remove it.  I filed a dispute with TR and they removed it same day, still waiting for Experian.   I am disgusted and will preparing all possible legal pursuit should this continue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2014 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/receivables-management-group/eden-prairie-minnesota/receivables-management-group-bmg-music-rmg-fraudulent-eden-prairie-minnesota-1144716. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content