Complaint Review: RedBox

Redbox Kiosk in Giant stores
    Clifton, Virginia
    United States of America

RedBox Ripoff charges Clifton, Virginia

I have been using RedBox since 2008.  This is the first time I've encountered their rip off charges on my credit card.  I rented a movie on new years eve and returned it the next day.  They claimed that I never returned it to the Kiosk, and charged me for the full amount for the movie which was $24.95.  I told them which movie and they didn't say.  They apologized and claimed that the movie that wasn't returned was charged to my account after a period of waiting time.  I should have kept all my past email notifications from RedBox to track everything.  I usually get 2 notifications, one when renting the movie, and the other when returning the movie.  I should never have deleted them so that I can prove to them that I returned the movie.  Anyway.....last week was my last time using RedBox.  I emailed all my family/friends/co-workers notifying them about the ripoff, also provided them with links for all rip off reports by RedBox and other consumer's reports on RedBox.

For those of you who are still using RedBox, make sure you keep the notification emails (both the Rental notifications and Return notifications).  Also keep checking your statements online every time you return RedBox movie to the kiosk.  Good Luck to you all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2012 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/redbox/clifton-virginia-/redbox-ripoff-charges-clifton-virginia-840905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content