Complaint Review: RefurbDepot.com, The Refurb Depot

• Reported By: Cincinnati Ohio
  • RefurbDepot.com, The Refurb Depot
    1449 37th Street
    Brooklyn, New York

RefurbDepot.com, The Refurb Depot -fraudulent billing and deceptive sales practices Brooklyn New York

I ordered from this company because they reported an item to be "In Stock". A few days after ordering, I receive an email stating that not only have they been out-of-stock for some time, they have no idea when they will havve anymore coming in (deceptive advertising).

I immediately canceled the order and after pressing them, was told that the transaction would be voided - they would refuse the transaction slip and it would void as a transaction at my bank as if the order never existed. A call to my bank confirmed this to be true.

A couple of weeks later, I find my bank account overdrawn because they COMPLETED the transaction! All emails to refurbdepot.com went unanswered, as I suspect they were just going to ship it sometime in the future, even though I had canceled. All calls to the company went unanswered. I immediately filed a fraud report with my bank and they reversed in in just a few days as well as removing all the related charges - thank God someone still appreciates the customer!

DO NOT trust these people - they do not behave in a professional manner and do not value the customer at all. There are too many good companies out there - these people are not worth the couple of bucks you think you might save.

Greg
Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2009 11:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/refurbdepotcom-the-refurb-depot/brooklyn-new-york-11218/refurbdepotcom-the-refurb-depot-fraudulent-billing-and-deceptive-sales-practices-brookl-467689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content