AT&T Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: AT&T

There may be more reports for "AT&T"

For more results perform a general search for "AT&T"

Showing 76-100 of 189,659 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "AT&T"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Aug 02 2003
AT&T Wireless ripoff Aurora Illinois
AT&T wireless is a very big cheat. I took a wireless phone from them in May end. They sent me a Nokia Phone which stopped working after a couple of days. They sent me a relacement which again stopped working after a month. When I called AT&T wireless they tell me it is not their responsibility. I want to disconnect service, they will charge me 175 dollars. These phone companies want the consumers to enter into a contract and then they can start offering verey bad service. If you complain that is not their problem and if you want to disconnect they will charge 175 dollars. They are cheats. Ankur Fairax, VirginiaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on AT&T CLICK here to see why we deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Mar 22 2003
AT&T rip-off thieves Los Angeles California
In the month of February 2000 AT&T sent us a bill for $757.98, they said that we made 3 30 minute long calls to Chad Africa within a 2 hour period on the same afternoon, the telephone line that the calls were supposed to have been made on was a computer line with no phones on the line, just a computer, the day the calls were supposed to have been made was a day when the kids were gone and my wife and I just stayed home and did nothing, never once turned on the computer, we called AT&T and they told us that voice went over the line (how can voice go over a line that only has a computer on that was never turned on), and we told them that there was no way that we made those calls, all AT&T would do was discount the bill to $405.70 and told us we would have to pay anyway, we have tried every way that we know of to get AT&T to realize that we did not make those calls, the calls just happen to be 30 minutes exactly each, AT&T can just say that you made calls that you did not make and there is no way you can prove that you did not make the calls, AT&T can charge you for what ever they want and there is not much you can do about it, they have turned it over to a collection agency that has ruined our credit but I refuse to pay because I won't pay a bill I don't owe, if I thought that we were responsible in any way, shape, or form for the bill I would pay it, but I know that we did not make those calls, if anyone knows of any way to help us please let us know because I am sure that we are not the only people that AT&T is trying to screw or has already screwed. Charles Lawton, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: Los Angeles, California
Mar 22 2003
AT&T Rip-off Unlimited Calling Plan Fraud Internet
I ordered the unlimited calling plan, which is supposed to be a plan where a call to anyone who also has AT&T is free. My son calls two numbers regularly, they have AT&T. Each month, however, these phone numbers appear on our bill. Each month I have to call them to correct the bill. Each month I am promised that it won't happen again. This last month (the 4th month now) I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that there wasnt one! What call center operates without a supervisor?? I cancelled my service and sent a letter to AT&T legal threatening FRAUD action, and that I wanted them to correct the bill. This was late February. Today, 3/22/03, I got a collection phone call from AT&T! I advised them of the problem, they gave me a Customer Service rep who could not fix the problem! I was told I'd have to wait for a letter of credit in the mail. BEWARE!!! DON'T PATRONIZE AT&T!!! Brad Snohomish, WashingtonU.S.A.
Jul 22 2003
AT&T Wireless customer service ripoff Nationwide USA
AT&T Wireless AT&T wireless customer service told me that my service will not be disconnected as long as I return the phone within a month. My service is disconnected. Woodland Hills CA ..... I have been a customer of AT&T wireless ever since 1998 and right now I am on there most expensive plan. Early this year I switched service from TDMA to GSM and purchased a GSM compatible phone (Motorola T-720)from AT&T. This phone was defected so I called there warranty department. I told them what's going on with the phone and they said it's fine and they will send me a refurbished phone. They never said anything about returning the defected phone and when I received my refurbished phone they never sent me a return label to send back my defected phone. I even got a phone call from AT&T wireless inquiring about the phone and I told them that no one told me to send the phone back and the guy said that's fine. So I assumed that I don't need to send the defective phone and gave it to one of my friends. The refurbished phone that I received from AT&T wireless, that phone as well was defected. So I called back there warranty department again to get another phone and this time they told me that I need to send the defected phone back. When I received my third phone I received a return label and sent my phone back. Last week I saw my bill and there was an outstanding balance of $729. I called customer care dept. and they told me that there's two phones missing and $229 in service charges. I explained to them that the first phone I never sent it back because the representative from warranty department never told me to send it back and when I received my refurbished phone there wasn't a return label to send my phone back and the second refurbished phone, I already sent back to them. The customer service rep. told me that she can see it in there system that the phone that I returned has already been credited to my account. I went ahead and made my payment for service charges ($229) which braught the remaining balance to $250. Before I hung up with there rep. in Resolution dept. I asked him if my service wil be disconnected since there is an outstanding balance of $250. He told me that no it will not be disconnected and since my friend had the original phone and it will take me some time to get the phone back the rep. told me that as long as I return the phone within a month my service will not get disconnected. On July 22nd I tried using my phone and it was disconnected. I called there receivalble department and they told me that there's two phones missing. So I told them to look in there system and tell me if they see a credit for the returned phone. The representative told me that they don't see a credit for any returned phone. Luckily I saved the tracking number from UPS when I shipped the phone to them. I gave that representative the tracking number and finally they figured out that the phone has been returned. After that was resolved then they were trying to tell me that they cannot reactivate my phone until I returned that phone or if I paid $250, which is the price of the phone. I didn't wanted to pay that amount since I was getting wrong information ever since this incident started. I talked to a supervisor in receivable department named Tony. This person was being very rude and he flat out told me that I will not be able to get my service back until I pay for the phone or send my phone my back, which can take couple of weeks. I've been there customer since 1998 and I am on a $130/month plan. I just feel like I've been there customer for such a long time and they couldn't even spare another couple of days so I can return the phone back to them. Finally a lady name Michelle helped me out and got my service back. I spent about 4 hours to resolve this issue.If they weren't going to reactivate my phone why did they end reactivating it anyways? I am a Real Estate agent, every minute is very important to me. Here I had to spend such a long time on the phone when I could have been working on my business. I regret going into another 2 years contract with them. There GSM service is not all that great either. Most of the time I don't have reception but that's something AT&T wireless never takes in consideration. Karamjit Winnetka, CaliforniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on AT&T
Jul 16 2004
AT&T Wireless ripoff Nationwide
I am current AT&T customer waiting when my one year contract expires to terminate the service. I had a negative experience from the very beginning when they promised me 300 in-plan minutes, but after 30 days in my next bill I surprisingly found out that I have only 200 minutes. I spent almost 8 hours on phone trying to get my minutes back or to terminate the contract. I do not want to go in to details, since all of you, guys already know how easy is to deal with their customer reps and managers. Finally I managed to get my 300 minutes back, but later another problem occurred, which I would like to outline in details. AT&T Wireless in their standard customer agreement points out that airminutes, used by a customer could be posted to his/her account with delay up to 90 days dew to deferent technical reasons, which is not really convenient to those who wants to keep tracking of airtime in a real time mode, however not so important to talk about it. The problem occurs when those delayed minutes are finally reported and appear on user's account. Now to make things absolutely clear, I would like to give an example with some simple math. Example: AT&T GSM National plan $29.99 per month plus tax 300 anytime in-plan minutes included, unlimited nights and weekends. Each additional minute is $0.45 plus tax Billing cycle 1: Used 300 minutes, however, due to technical delays 0 minutes have been reported Customer receives a bill for $29.99 plus tax Billing cycle 2: Used 300 minutes and all them have been reported on-time plus 300 minutes from the billing cycle 1 arrived and are reported as additional minutes to billing cycle 2 and are billed as additional minutes $ 0.45 per minute which makes $135 plus tax Total amount due: $29.99 +$135 =164.99 plus tax So, in spite of the fact that customer never used additional minutes and was supposed to pay $29.99 plus tax in both billing cycles - AT$T charges $164.99 more for their internal technical problems and claims it as a fair business practice. Personally I have encountered this type of problem and was overcharged for about $40, but managed to negotiate this amount with customer service representative, however I was told that it is one time favor and next time in a similar situation I will have to pay in full. I do not want to deal with AT&T any longer and will be happy to terminate their service as soon as my one year contract expires. Yuriy Monterey, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Dec 13 2003
At&t Wireless ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing florida
when changed area code due to my relocation I was overcharged for the month and still that extra billing always is attached to my new bill every month. This is the third month that this has happened so I am not going to pay them and let them take me to court. I am totally disgusted with that company. They had also done the same things when I had them on my landline long distance service. I thought that I would give them a second chance but to no awail! They ended up paying me $100.00 just to get me back and I am tired of playing games with them. They had a promotion going at the time for 10 cents/minute where their long distance charge was 25 cents/min normally. Well that lasted a whole year then suddenly they jacked the price up on me without notifying, even though when I had spoken with their sales rap offering the new rate she had specifically assured me that the offer hed no expiration date. As I said after one year when they increased the rate on me I called them and their response was that they didn't know that I wanted to continue with the promotion so they had changed it back! I don't know if they think the public is comprised of complete fools or morons. So you see they are now on my most distrusted phone company list! Arlen st.petersburg, FloridaU.S.A.
Nov 13 2003
AT&T Wireless ripped off twice!! Tampa Florida
a few years ago.. im gonna say 98 or 99 i had a great plan with att. i had a girlfriend in the ft lauderdale area that i would talk to for hours every night while on my cell phone, simply because i had free nights and weekends and i had been doing this for a couple of months. well one day this lady calls me from at&t and tells me they are having an anniversary thing and are giving their customers 100 extra minutes just because. i found it kind of strange and thought umm ok why did she even have to call to let me know this, just give them to me, so i asked her would this change my plan at all for taking these free minutes? she says no. i must have asked her to repeat herself at least 2 more times that it wouldnt change a thing before i hung up with her. well i took the extra minutes and of course still made my calls like i did every night to my girlfriend and when my bill came that month it was 400 something dollars. my plan was only like 39 or 49 dollars normally a month. when i called to complain they credited me back some money but not all. when i asked her the rep to put my nights and weekends back on she told me they had done away with the nights and weekends. i said that didnt seem right, i had them, and then they mysteriosly went away, give them back to me. she just replied there wasnt any way in her system that she could change it. so moral of the story i think back a few years ago they had to have done this to alot of customers. make them think they are getting free minutes get the customer to say yes, and dont tell them with the free 100 day minutes they take away their free nights and weekends. 2nd time i got ripped off was just a few months ago, year 2003. i had a plan that was really good but i realized i didnt use my cell as much as i used to, so i would call and get the lower plan of 29 bucs a month. when i did this change i got my next months bill that was outrageously high and called to ask what had happen, because i knew i had not used my phone hardly at all. she replied that that because i called on the day i did, doesnt mean thats when they start the cycle all over for the calls on that day, that they went back to the start of the billing cycle and all the calls i had made, which were alot cause i was in the process of moving... was put on the plan of the 29.99 a month deal, i was very upset and said this is not right, i should have been told this would happen and she said the rep should have told you, i said she didnt or any person in their right mind would have waited to change their bill on a different day. so she apologizes and tells me she can work with the system and give me a plan that is 80 bucs and it will take off some of that money that i would have to pay but left me still with extra money that i shouldnt have had to pay. and of course with this, seems like at&t loves to say lets just change your plan to a higher amount to fix this problem and likely you will put off calling to change it back and we get more money in the end anyways. Laura brandon, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Tampa, Florida
Aug 17 2004
At&t Long Distance Carriers ripoff Internet
I have been recently diagnosed with a seizure disorder and have ben out of work since april. i get govenment assistance of 240.00 dollars a month and that is it. i am a single mom and it is really tigt right now. well the phone rang he other day and this lady asked for leslie fletcher and i said this is she. she told me she was trying to collect a debt from at&t. well i proceeded tell her i was disabled at this time. she asked what was wrong with me so i told her i have been having seizues. she said well this bill need to be taken care of. i told her i canot work right now but when i can i will resolve this matter. she said where is your husband and i told her i was not married. she then got personal. she proceded to ask me how do you pay your bills. i said well the church helps me whole lot. she then said well the church needs to pay this-it is a bill you know well that infuriated me. i told her that she was rude and she was upseting me.(seizures can be caused by stress) she then said i dont care. well at that point i told her i would pray for her and she said good. and then she starting yelling pay your bills. i then asked to speak to someone over her she said sure sarcasticaly. well this man got on the phone telling me to postdate a check. i said with what i have no money. he also said pay your bil and hung up in my face. these people had no right to treat me this way i cant help it i cant work or drive right now. beleive me if i could work i would. these people owe me more than an apology. harassing disabled people should be against the law. i hope everyone around the world reads this because i being very honest with these people and was treated like some kind of lying bitch. excuse the french but they really got to me bad. Lesie west monroe, LouisianaU.S.A.
Sep 02 2004
At&t dishonest advertising collect calls Aurora Illinois
I have been an at&t ccustomer for years didn't make alot of long distance calls but average about twenty a month. my daughter goes to college and her grandmother buys her a phone card to call her at four cents a minute and rather than use her card to call home we told her to dial down the middle becausits free for you and cheap for them. Ha then they shut my long distance off as a favor because these calls may have been unauthorized. THEY CHARGED ME 99CENTS A MINUTE. ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY EIGHT DOLLARS FOR 141 MINUTES. AND THEN SEEMED TO BE PROUD THAT IT IS NOW 1.15 A MINUTE AS OF SEPT 1. THEY OFFERED NO HELP AND STATED OVER AND OVER THAT THERE WAS NO REFUND POLICY. I ALMOST GOT HER TO ADMIT THAT SHE DOESN'T DIAL DOWN THE MIDDLE. DON'T USE THIS SERVICE THEY DO NOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH IT IS. EVEN ON THE BILL THAT ADVERTISES THIS SERVICE AGAIN AND AGAIN. THANK YOU FOR A PLACE TO LET PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT A DISHONEST IN MY OPINION SERVICE THANKS. Mitch georgetown, OhioU.S.A.
Apr 13 2004
AT&T ripoff Aurora Illinois
Worst service , worst cellular phones company on the market. I'm from Illinois , AT&T says that no roaming charges in the states around Illinois . I used my phone there and they charge me for roaming (double bill). I was AT&T customer for 4 years and I received from them absolutly nothing, only every year they were asking my for renew my contract, which I never did. When I decide to switch to another company they charge me for adjustments which they never explein what it is , double my montly bill and let me pay off in 7 days to avoid report to credit company . Maciej Chicago, IllinoisU.S.A.
Sep 29 2007
AT&T Telecommunications monopoly San Antonio Texas
Receipt of flyer from AT&T indicating a qualification for a $50 reware to remiburse for cost of hardware to use AT&T ADSL internet service, postmarked from Omaha Nebraska and received in early August, 2007. Submitted for form provided and mailed properly to: AT&T Customer Services Dept. #CPN01N1912030507 P.O. Box 1250 Milan, IL 61264-1250 1-877-258-1427 This report submitted September 30, 2007. After calling the number above the agent indicated the check had been mailed on the 17th of August. No check has been received. This is fraudulant business activity and I am willing to join a class action suit. Rich Streetsboro, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: San Antonio, Texas
Jan 10 2008
AT&T Activation Fee Scam Altwater California
What happent to me after being an ATT customer for 2 years , is that i placed an order for 2 phones on this service for christmas...I had 1 for about 4 days and decided to keep the other...The one i sent back i called the company and cancelled the phone...I made 1 local call on the phone to my home to test and sent 2 text messages...2 weeks later in the mail i get a bill for the phone for 79.91...The lady on the phone was nice enough to drop some charges but pro rated me to 47.22..This included an activation fee ! Now i have An originl phone that i have had with them forn 2 years , and decided to get another...So currently I have 2 phones not including the one i had sent back...do you think they would give me a break ? Na so i told them to bill me for the 47.00 and i said i will just make payment on the phone. Bought tho phone online , and thementioned noyhing about this... So i asked the lady if i placed an order for one , and never oprend the box would i be charged for this she said yes...I think this is a ligitamate RIPPOFF, seriously even after being a customer for 2+ years... CAVEAT EMPTOR > Let the buyer beware of this scam...they have no signatures on anything and i dont see how it can be a legal binding contract... And if you dont pay them , it goes to collections ! and we all know what happens... They have a fine phone service in my opinion , but this is legal fleecing... Peace Dr burns Sacramento, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Attwater, California
Jan 19 2005
At&t ripoff Lakewood Colorado
I too have been riped off by AT&T. I had lost my cell phone and had told AT&T that I had lost it. They said they would not bill me from now on. A month goes by and I get a bill from AT&T for 5000 dollars! I called them and told them that the person I had talked to said that would'ny bill me for any other chargers from that day on, but they called me a lier and said I had to pay or I'll have to go to court. I went to court and explained everything to the judge, but not having any phisyical proof he ordered I had to pay the full 5000 dollars. Long story short I am now car less and phone less. Nigel Wheat Ridge, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Lakewood, Colorado
Dec 27 2004
AT&T - cingular ripoff racketeering Redmond Nationwide
I had service thru AT&T, fulfilled my contract obligations and decided to switch carriers. Only to find out that although my service could be pro-rated if I were a new client, I had to wait until the end of my billing cycle. So after I was forced to pay for a service that I did not want, I switched carriers. Now over a year later I get repeated phone calls which say I Somehow owe money. I cannot talk to a person to find out why or even how much. I think the mob used to use tactics like this called racketeering, except its my credit their screwing with and not my kneecaps Chris lakewood, WashingtonU.S.A.
Mar 15 2005
AT&T ripoff fradulent billing Aurora Illinois
In the beginning of December of '03, I called AT&T and ordered their service in order to receive their internet service. After I was finished with my order, I found out thru conversation that their internet service would not meet my needs. I asked to then cancel the order I had just placed for service. The operator told me that I could not cancel it, it needed time to be in their system in order to cancel it. She advised me to wait 24 hours and then call back to cancel it. I then immediately called my current telephone provider and conveyed to them what had just occurred, and they told me they could not stop an electronic order if they received one. The following day, 24 hours later, I called AT&T and canceled the service I had ordered. I was provided with a cancellation confirmation number by the operator. I then called Talk America and relayed the information to them just to let them know it had been canceled. Under my service plan with talk America, local and local lond distance is covered under a flat rate. A week or so later I received an-mail confirming my order with AT&T> I immediately called them again, and spoke to an agent named Amy, and she confirmed it had been canceled, and it probably just couldn't be taken out of the e-mail system early enough, but not to worry...it was canceled. Well, around the 20th or so of January '04, I received a bill form AT&T for services rendered for telephone calls made. The calls they were billing me for were covered under my Talk America plan, and my bill never stopped with Talk America. I had just paid my Talk America bill. I asked for a supervisor, and repeated this inform to him, and asked him to also stop the service with them and to fix the bill to reflect a zero balance. I told him of the cancellation confirmation number provided to me by AT&T. He would not modify the bill but said he would cancel further service. I told him I wanted to speak to his boss, and he said he would put in a request for a supervisor to call me. None ever did. I then again called Talk America and relayed the latest inform to them and asked them to again resume all of my service with them. I asked then how was I receiving a bill from them and AT&T at the same time. They said was for service they provide me with. The next month I received yet another bill from AT&T, and I again began the unsuccessful quest to rectify this problem. I have spend countless hours, days, and arguments with AT&T, and even Talk America tried to help me with conference calls to AT&T to no avail. AT&T said it was up tp Talk America to not allow the order to go thru, but, Talk America says they lack the technology and the legal ability to disregard any electronic order to switch carriers of a telephone server. AT&T says they can't cancel any orders of service that are placed with them...so, I am in the middle of the flaws associated with these two companies, and I am the one who is in collections, and have had a black notch added to my credit report as a result of this. I did as directed by AT&T rep's as to how to cancel this transaction, and they did provide me with an cancellation number....NBBG1205. There are records of every conversation I have had with AT&T and Talk America concerning this matter. I did not just sit by and allow this to fester. I am just unable to find a resolution to this matter besides paying for services I did not own...I had canceled them I have unsuccessfully tried to resolve this, and AT&T is not telling the truth. I complained to the state attorney general, and they said I did not cancel until the end of January. that is not true. It was December 5th, 2003. They only finally cancelled it when I called up about the bills they were sending me. I would like AT&T to won their responsibility in this mess, and credit me for the amount they claim I owe, and also to clear up the bad rating they gave me on my credit report. And last of all, I think there should be some sort of procedure that is very clear when some one is canceling an order. AT&T wants to blame Talk America, yet Talk America told them and sent them faxes proving to AT&T that they can not refuse to switch an order of they receive one. AT&T is seriously flawed, and in the wrong here. Thank you for your time and assistance. This has been going on for 2 years now. Suzanne Wixom, MichiganU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on AT&T
Entity: Aurora,, Illinois
Apr 15 2008
InPhonic/ Wirefly/ At&t Internet
I wish I had done some research before I purchased my cellphones through Wirefly.com back in July of last year. I too am owed a rebate which I will probably never see unless I get an attorney involved, which I may do. On a side note, some employers offer what's called the EAP (employee assistance program) and part of the program is free legal advice/help. I have this benefit and plan on contacting them to see what I can do about this scam. Searching the internet and reading all the reports on Inphonics failure to pay their rebates makes you wonder how they not only stay in business but partner with Wirefly and the cell phone providers. It disgusts me that a company like AT&T, my provider only because I was able to get a rebate, would be affiliated with both Wirefly and Inphonics. What bothers me even more, is that apparently this non-payment of rebates has been an issue dating back to 2004. I bought my phones in July of 2007, three years into complaints, lawsuits, attorney general investigations, etc. That means for 3 years Wirefly and AT&T have continued to work with this corrupt company. The only company, of course, where you can speak with an actual person is At&t and naturally their response is we can not honor the rebate. They directed me to a website that informed me of the bankruptcy and of the postcard that should of been sent to me but never was. They also told me that Simplexity had purchased Inphonic and they may be offering coupons on future purchases, as if I would be interested in purchasing anything from either of these companies again. Bottom line, word of mouth is the best recourse. Please let everyone you know about this/your experience. Warn them about Wirefly (I was referred to them by a friend who of course had not reached the non-payment of rebate phase). Warn them about the cell phone carrier who allows these people to scam their customers, just so that they can bind them into a contract. I will speak with an attorney and if I do have any information which may lead to actually receiving a rebate, I will post again. PLEASE, do not purchase any items from Wirefly.com HeidiO Troutdale, OregonU.S.A.
Feb 11 2004
AT & T Rebate Falsely Promised!!! Tukwilla Washington
Back in September, I, an existing AT & T user, went to purchase a new phone. The salesman pushed me on a $400 phone, which I told him I would not be buying. He assured me however, that they phone had a $170 mail in rebate, so I would only be paying $230 for the phone! Finally, I agreed to purchase the phone, and had it billed to my existing account. The salesman gave me the rebate form, explained how to fill it out, and where to send it, and assured me I would receive my check in 90 days. 5 months later, I get a letter saying that I do not qualify for the rebate. When I call AT & T they tell me this rebate was only for NEW customers, not existing customers. So why did the sales man assure me, someone he knew already had an AT & T account, woudl get the rebate when he knew that I would not? The customer service department was, as usual, completely helpless. Why is it ok for your rep's to misrepresent to sell? LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XXX seattle, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: Tukwilla, Washington
Mar 16 2004
AT&T ripoff but I fought back Nationwide
I was ripped off also by AT&T but I fought them back and won. They conned me into switching from Pac Bell to AT&T Broadband with unlimited local service and 180 long distance minutes for $28.95/month. They messed up my phone lines and charged me long distance minutes for local calls. They overcharged me for international calls and said they did not know the rates. The customer service people were rude and unhelpful. One night I received a threatening phone call, I thought I was being stalked. It was from a collection agency put on me by AT&T LONG DISTANCE! They had slammed my line and double billed me to the tune of $213.00 for long distance calls. I fought tooth and nail and they fought back. AT&T Long Distance lied and their people were rude and arrogant. But I am a fighting woman and went to the Public Utitlities Commission in California and to the FCC on them. It took two months and all of my theatrical talents to finally get them off of my back. AT&T Broadband finally apologized and removed the charges even after they did not want to. They tried to pretend that they did not understand. I told them I was not afraid to go to court on them because I knew my rights. They are afraid of the PUC and the FCC and don't want to deal with them. They also sent me extra money but I sent the checks back with a nasty letter cursing them out. I also got them to take my name off of their mailing lists for ten years. Fight Back! Fight Back! Fight Back! You don't have to take their crap. A. los angeles, CaliforniaU.S.A.
94, Report #81938
Feb 26 2004
AT&T Wireless ripoff, poor service Watertown MA
AT&T GoPhone disconnects, even if you prepay!!! AT&T offers a wireless plan they call a GoPhone. One of its main attributes is that it requries no yearly contracts. They just bill your credit card a set amount (for example: 29.99 for up to 200 minutes at 20 cents per minute per month). If you use up your minutes, they will just rebill your credit card and start a new month from there through a process they call. I quote from the rateplan explaination on their website: If you are on the automatic rolling option, additional automatic payments will be made every 30 days or whenever your balance is reduced to $5 or less, which ever is sooner. If you are on the fixed monthly option, your automatic recurring payment will only be made once every 30 days. So, you have two stated options: 1) Fixed Monthly Option: If you use up your minutes, the phone is cut off until the 30 days passes. 2) Automatic Rolling Option: If your balance falls to $5 or less, your credit card is billed another $29.99. This certainly implies heavily that your phone would NEVER BE CUT OFF (unless your credit card was denied perhaps). However, this IS NOT THE CASE because their billing system SUCKS. Let's say you have $6 worth of time left, and you make a 45 minute phone call (at .20 per minute, or a $9.00 phone call). The billing system will cut your phone off, and you have to call AT&T wireless to have them turn it back on. Plus, their operators are snotty little wenches who can't IMAGINE how you could be so stupid as to make a 45-minute phone call without first checking to see how many minutes you've used up. Dolt! They'll then try to upsell you to a better plan, and by upsell I mean bait-and-switch or, to put it like the Mafia would ... offer you a cut-off protection plan. Don't Go hear the GoPhone. Kevin Watertown, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Aug 26 2002
American Telephone & Telegraph AT&T Ripoff Hell JHell
I signed up with BellSouth and they asked me if I wanted AT&T as long distance. I said whatever, ok. Then AT&T bill came along together with BellSouth bill...AT&T was charging me $0.35 a minute inrestate within US (!!!) and $3 a minute (!!!!!!) for all overseas calls!!!! Until now they keep lowerig it but still their charges are ripo off $1+ a minute etc.!!! BellSouth has threatened me that they will shut down my local phone line service if I do not pay AT&T dirt bags and I told them to charge me proper fees and only then I will pay the AT&T thieves. They sent me a smaller bill , but no itemization. I called said I will not pay unless they send me an ITEMIZD bill for what I am paying. They said they sent three copies so far!! I never received one of them! BelSouth lies cause now they cooperate in the AT&T fraud! I looked up my online bill, it has NONE of ITEMIZATION! They are liars, just scamming people to make money. BEWARE of AT&T!!! By the way this web site does not work properly when I press SIFT or BackSpace it sends me to another page of this site (Iuse latetst Microshit Exploder). CORPORATE USA sucks! All idiots!!! SHAME!!! Corporate SA is a FRAUD and SCAM BAGS! All Of them!!! For some strange reason when I click on See other AT&T posts the link appears dead.....Cosdporate USA is a SHITHOLE! Hillbilly Redneckville, District of Columbia
Entity: Hell, Internet
Sep 25 2002
AT&T Universal Card ripoff
HELP! ATT Universal Visa 4492 XXXX XXXX XXXXX I am I am shocked and appalled at AT&T Universal Card's lack of protection to me. I find it incredible that apparently I can be charged for services and facilities I never used. After checking into the The Hotel Amistad in Amsterdam, I found the conditions there deplorable, and nothing like what was pictured or promised. The Hotel was under construction. I checked out having used no services or facilities. I was forced to pay for five nights that I DID not stay at this hotel. I consider this a most serious breach of AT&T Universal cards supposed customer protection. I am dismayed at what I consider the total failure of AT&T's customer service apparatus to deal with the issue. As a charter AT&T Universal card holder I am sadly disappointed in what to me was my #1 card and the thoughts of it now sends shudders down my spine. Dennis L. Taylor Jacksonville, Florida
Jun 30 2004
AT&T Wireless ripoff New York Nationalwide
I used AT&T wireless from 8/2001 to 9/2002. When I signed the contract, it was $29.99 per month with 1250 minutes days and nights and weekends. I didn't cancel it on the day that my contract was up instead, I extended another month thinking it would be the same plan. Unfortunately, I was billed over $300 for that extra month. When I called them to find out why, the customer service representatives refered my calls back and forth and of course I didn't get a satisfactory answer from any of those idiots. I kept calling in the following few days, same result and finally one idiot told me that 1250 minutes was only a promotion for that year. Once the year was up, the promotion was finished and my plan would automaticaaly go back to 250 minutes per month which I was not told at any time. I was furious and argued with her, but she said that I would only not be charged for $350 (about that amount) if I signed up for another year or get somebody else to use the service for one year. I rather pay than being a customer or introducing another customer to such a dishonest company. My brother's friend had the same problem with AT&T, but he was ripped off with more than $600. AT&T sucks!!!!! If you don't want to be ripped off next by AT&T, be a smart customer: DON'T USE AT&T SERVICES! Helen NY, New YorkU.S.A.
Jun 29 2004
AT&T ripoff on message service Phoenix Arizona
I have used my AT&T for years with no problem. I have also used the AT&T message service to reach people that have no voicemail or answering machine. The message sevice is supposed to record my message and then attempt to deliver my message to the intended phone number that I designate for up to 12 hours. The way it works is as follows: I call and set up the message to be delivered. Your phone rings periodically until someone answers. The person that answers would hear a recording stating they had an AT&T message from me and then my message would play fr you to hear. You would then be given the option of repeating my message and the option to reply t my message if you wished as long as I set it up that way. I could, in turn, call AT&T and retrieve your reply. Last year, I used this service several times and AT&T claims my messages were delivered just minutes after I recorded them. Yet when I would call my clients later they would tell me that they received no such message. I questioned further and found that each time, no one else was home to receive these messages either. I called AT&T and complained that the service must be malfunctioning as each client told me they had no answer machine and got no recorded messages delivered to them. The answer from AT&T? They claimed that each time, my message was delivered. They also tried to claim that the recipient would have had to call AT&T to receive my message (which is NOT how the service works) and that each message in question, someone called them to retrieve it. I have received these messages mself and NEVER have I had to call to get the messages, they have always announced the message then played it right over the phone. AT&T has charged me $17.48 for these calls and when I did not pay becaue I was still fighting their billing dept about this, they cut off my phone card. No big deal, I only used the card for the message service and for nothing else and I have decided to pay it just to keep it off my credit report. If AT&T needs my $17 that much, they are in more trouble than I am. I was a loyal AT&T user for over 18 years but you can bet I will never use them again. I have switched my LD company and will not buy anything with AT&T's name on it. I hope it was worth a long time paying customer as someone else is getting my hard earned dollars instead. These people are rip off artists. instead of fixing the faulty system and crediting me for THEIR mistake, they threaten to turn me over to a credit reporting agency? Jeanne Cape Coral, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
May 08 2008
At&t disconnect charges when not disconnected Atlanta Georgia
Since ATT took over Bellsouth in Louisville we Have had Nothing but charges and Disconnect charges from them even when service isn't being dosconnected like my April Billing as of April 28th 2008 Previous balance of 178.92 then it says payments posted as of April 28th 2008 178.92 leaves balance of $.00 but on the bill it says other charges and credits were I removed long distance april 3, a restoral of service $35.00 charge appeared on mays bill for april 3rd this Company is a sure ripp-off callers beware Alan Jefferson, KentuckyU.S.A.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Jun 12 2008
At&t is money hungry!!! Aurora Illinois
I received a bill in Jan of 2008 for the amount of $13.17 for a long distance call that was made to Granada (I have no idea where that is even located) I call the at&t customer service 1-800-222-0300 and trust me when I say ''they are the most rudest people I have ever delt with''.I explianed to the phone rep that I had receive a bill and that I feel as if I shouldn't have to pay for it,so the rep a sured me that they will look into it. Days later I received another call from one of at&t rep calling to see If I wanted to make a payment on my account I stated that I don't and never had an account with you, and that one of your reps was supposively looking into to my so called account. So I hung up on the rep cause it was 9pm and we were in bed,next thing you know I'm receiving another bill with late charges added on,so I call customer service again they stated that there was nothing they could do they have to follow there guide lines and that they could only offer me $5.00 off a bill that is now $17.16.I then asked to speak to a Supervisor and guest what there was none available (you've gotta be kiddin me it's at&t)! At this time I pissed I have received a call from a collection agency for the amount of $28.05.So once again I called at&t I asked for a corporate number and they stated that they were unauthorized give me that info.so I asked for a supervisor yet again and explained the situation again and all the supervisor could say was as an at&t rep.I understand what you are going through but at this time would you like to make a payment to your account''. Here I am calling to dispute the charges and there repeatingly asking me for a payment. Now I know it's not a lot of money but it's the principle of it all. Fedupsally Las Vegas, NevadaU.S.A.

Showing 76-100 | Showing Page 4 of 7,587