AAMCO Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Aamco

There may be more reports for "Aamco"

For more results perform a general search for "Aamco"

Showing 1-25 of 873 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Aamco"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Feb 22 2015
AAMCO watch out for Aamco Nationwide
Ted Hi, You probably don't know me but my name is Ted McFarland. I live in South Carolina and I just wanted to recount an event in my life that I think every consumer who owns a motor vehicle should at least be aware of. I was recently traveling from south Florida back to my home in South Carolina and traveling on I95 through the Titusville area when I experienced transmission problems. Not being familiar with the area, I called an Aamco franchisee to check my vehicle out for me. Long story short, my vehicle was down for 2 weeks and it cost me about $2,700.00 for what was billed as a complete transmission rebuild with a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty. I picked up my vehicle and was not 10 miles out of town back on I95 when all the same warnings began beeping and flashing. 'ABS' brake fail light, Check transmission warning and Transmission Overheating. Since I really wanted to get back home as I had had to drive a rental back down to Titusville to pick up the vehicle after the 2 week repair job I kept going and stopped at another Aamco franchisee in Jacksonville to have the transmission checked. Yes, the transmission had to come back out and I would probably be down at least another 3-5 days. I asked if there was any chance that it would get me back home and was told that the slower I kept the speed the overheating problem would probably not be a problem and I continued on. Since the rest of my trip was on rural roads I figured I would be able to keep it around 45mph for the rest of the trip. I did make it home and immediately contacted Aamco corporate to have them repair my vehicle under the warranty. However, since the nearest Aamco to me was some 50 miles away I asked that they tow the vehicle to their shop because otherwise I've got to have someone follow me over to drop it off and then again to pick it up. I explained that if the problem was a warranty problem that they should stand for the tow and if it wasn't that they could just bill it to me with the repair. They refused. Well, two weeks later I was back down in the Ft Lauderdale area and my wife and I rented a car and drove over to another Aamco franchise. That franchisee just flat refused to take my vehicle in. On the way back from that trip the transmission went out again and I took it to a local transmission shop in my town and had it repaired. However, I did get a report from the transmission shop that did the final repair as to what was the problem and here is what he told me. There is a sleeve type bearing that goes around the shaft just before the torgue converter. That sleeve has a hole in it by which the transmission fluid circulates from the transmission to the cooling lines in the radiator. That sleeve had been installed backwards and therefore the holes didn't line up and so my transmission had been running all of this time without any way to cool the hot fluid. Hence, all the warnings were a result of the fluid temperature in the transmission being very, very hot until it ultimately burned through all the seals again. Here are some things that I learned about the Aamco brand and I imagine this also applies to the Cottman brand as they are both owned under the same umbrella company. Despite what the sign says about them being 'expert' in car care, it just isn't so. There 'nationwide warranty' isn't worth the paper that it's printed on. Here's what happened in my case. When I stopped in Jacksonville the technician test drove the car and then went immediately to his office before talking to me and called the other franchisee who had done the work. This seems perfectly normal and I thought he was just checking to see what all had been done and if he might have any idea why there was a problem, but that isn't really the purpose of that call. If the original franchisee doesn't agree to pay the 2nd repair shop for the work they are going to have to do - they won't get paid. So, the real purpose of that call is to say, hey, I got this vehicle in here and it looks like it may need warranty repair, are you going to reimburse me for it? This was how Mike Pekula of Aamco corporate explained it to me. So, apparently the first time I took my vehicle in for a warranty claim the original franchisee was willing to pay for the repairs, but when I went to the second he refused. Same vehicle, same problem one day they'll fix it and the next day they won't. Surely anyone can see the problems with such a 'voluntary' repayment system to handle warranty claims. Then when you try to get the Aamco corporate office involved they pretty much wash their hands of any liability and say it's got to be handled by the original franchisee that did the work. Their words to me were, We can't tell our franchisee's what to do. So, here I am stuck with a worthless $2,700.00 repair job that neither the franchisee nor the corporate office will offer any help for. My recommendation is that if there is any other reasonable option for getting transmission repair work done, and remember this 'nationwide warranty' works the same on all of their repaire, get it done somewhere else. Here are some sites one might want to peruse if considering Aamco or Cottman as a repair facility. http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/specific_search/AAMCO http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/aamco.htm http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/aamco-a28402.html http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/aamco.html I'm generally a fair and responsible customer and I am 58 years old. This is not my first time having a transmission repaired but I can assure you it is the last time anyone will see these feet in an Aamco shop, unless my wife decides to bury me in one.
Entity: Nationwide
Nov 09 2010
AAMCO AAMCO # 11653 Irving, Texas Scam-RIP OFF- Unethical, Internet
Scam...very well plotted. Do not give any approval over the phone and do not sign anything unless the costs are firm.  Corporate President of AAMCO  Marc Graham @ 215-643-5885 Read the blogs and weep!  Many class action suits. It is a scam
Entity: Internet, Internet
Sep 01 2011
AAMCO Transmissions AAMCO HARRISONBURG..LIARS!!!! Harrisonburg, Virginia
I was relocating from Lynchburg, VA to Manchester, CT and my transmission overheated, so I got it towed to the Aamco in Harrisonburg. The Receptionist is Malarie. The Supersiver is Chris. The Owner is Tom C. Imerson. This was a warranty work. They had my car there for a whole month!!!! They NEVER ONCE called me about my car to give me updates! Chris told me they had done work on my car, for 30 days...but then told AAMCO HQ and George the owener of the lynchburg, AAMCO where I got it installed that they hadn't done any work. I wanted to know why I was hearing conflicting stories and why my car was there for a WHOLE MONT! Here is what Mr. Imerson told me!: I never thought I would hear the lame a** excuses I was told from Aamco on why my car has been in their shop for a whole month. Well, I never expected that they would tell flat out lies about me! WOW....got so mad tears came to my eyes. Ast...onishing!      1.Evidently they never called me back for a month because I kept hanging up on them when I was getting an update on my car. Really? Does that even make sense? Why would I be handing up on them when I'm trying to get an update on my car? I'm sorry but that is just a flat out lie and accusing the customer of doing something they didn't do as a cover up for your mistakes! And they had it a month because they got my car mixed up with a 1995 white Lincoln Continental with my 2001 Black Lincoln continental. ARE YOU SERIOUS? So every time I checked on my car this guy was getting it mixed up with a white 1995, even though every time I called he asked me Charlie, which one is yours again? And I would always say a black 2001 lincoln Continental? Sorry another lame a** excuse...oh and  they couldn't verify the warranty a month later!! I told them it was installed in lynchburg from the get go...why the h*ll are you waiting a whole freaking month to tell me that? I  contacted the Better Business Bereua and AAMCO HQ.  This was Mr. Imersons response Mr. Durie called us liars, made threats and had a breakdown on the phone with me yesterday. He will not accept that if he had simply produced his warranty paperwork or remembered that the originating center was lynchburg, non of this would have happen REALLY???  ARE YOU SERIOUS? First off, it was warranty work and there was NO PAPER WORK! Second, why did you wait a WHOLE FREAKIN MONTH to tell me you couldn't verify the warranty? Lairs and cheats! They dropped the ball, and would rather to customer paid work and put me to the side, then make up all types of lies about me to justify your own mistakes! Then on top of that tell lies about me making threats! WOW...how utterly horrible! I will NEVER EVER AGAIN GIVE AAMCO ANY OF MY BUSINESS!!!
Entity: Harrisonburg, Virginia
Sep 11 2010
AAMCO AAMCO Transmissions Honest/Excellent Customer Service Hollywood, Florida
On October 3rd,2008 my transmission locked up in neutral outside the UPS store on Hollywood Blvd. I was late to work, frustrated and stranded. I knew what this would mean to my wallet. The problem when a transmission malfunctions is that a consumer can not visually confirm what the problem may be, you have to accept what the mechanic tells you. I knew that it could be a problem as simple as a broken or twisted shift cable, no more that a few hundred dollars. But I knew a crooked shop could easily tell me I would need a new transmission or re-build the old one. That can cost from $2000 to $2800. I had a fellow employee pick me up.From the office, I checked the BBB, Fla Dept of Agriculture & Consumerism and generally any recommendations good or bad I could find for a Ford dealership or shop to fix my truck 2001 Ford Escape. Every Ford dealership in Broward had a D to F rating with the B.B.B. But I found the AAMCO in Hollywood,Fl that seemed promising, they had a B-. So I checked into them further and found a complaint on this sight. With some concern I called them and spoke to Linda who along with rest of the shop turned out to be a terrific, professional group of people. Within five minutes of conversation she had on the other line called and had my truck scheduled to be towed to their shop, for free. Thinking nothing is free I waited for the bad news, the estimate. I was called by the owner, Robert Romano on Monday morning. He told me I was lucky that I had brought the truck to his company. Having cynical thoughts, I let him continue. He immediately told me it was the cable and that he would have the part from Ford there by that Monday afternoon and the truck would be ready fro pick in a few hours. Total cost with including the free tow, $338. That including changing the transmission fluid . Thank you for the incredible service. It was pleasure running into a honest merchant. If anyone has any doubts, contact me and I will fax you my receipt. Kind regards, Jim.
Entity: Hollywood, Florida
Mar 23 2009
AAMCO Don't get hooked into an AAMCO Franchise Horsham Pennsylvania
Stay away from AAMCO. Last year my husband and I invested 20K into a franchise with AAMCO. Just last month they came up with a location, per their agreement, the store had to be open in 1 year, which would be April 2009. There is no possibility of training, building and opening a business by April 13. They took the money, waited until the agreement is to expire and sent us this stupid letter, saying that because the business was not open with in a year, the agreement is null and they will keep the initial deposit for license and damages. Not good business! Deb Tracy, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Horsham, Pennsylvania
May 14 2013
AAMCO AAMCO Dishonest and Untrustworthy Oklahoma City Oklahoma
AAMCO in Oklahoma Cit's charged us $7000 to repair our transmission on March 14, 2013.  When the car leaked out all the transmission fluid on May 11, 2013 we took it to the nearest AAMCO shop and they refuse to warranty their work.  they claim they are not responsible for the damages.  Do yourself and your bank account a favor and do not use this company.  They are dishonest and do shoddy work.
Entity: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Jul 10 2017
Aamco V&S Pasadena, Inc. AAMCO NIGHTMARE Pasadena California
I Took car in for repair, because the engine light was on and a loud noise came on while driving. FEBRUARY 20, 2017, CAR STOPPED AFTER I ORIGINALLY TOOK CAR INTO AAMCO ON JANUARY 2017 FOR THE SAME PROBLEM. THEY QUOTED ME A HIGH $700 PRICE. AAA CAME TO TOW MY CAR TO AAMCO AND ADVISED ME TO INFORM AAMCO OF THE PERSISTENT PROBLEMS. THEY TOLD ME TO TELL SADHU THE OWNER. INSTEAD, A MECHANIC AND SADHU CAME WITH OIL IN HAND AND PUT OIL IN MY CAR AND DROVE IT TO AAMCO.  SO MY CAR SAT FOR DAYS IN AAMCO'S PARKING LOT.THEY CONTACTED ME AND SAID THEY WERE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING (I.E. BATTERY, OIL LEAKS,ETC.) THEY CHARGED ME $1795.16 WHICH MAXED OUT MY CREDIT CARD. HE NEVER PROVIDED ME WITH A WRITTEN ESTIMATE, BUT QUALIFIED ME FOR AN AAMCO CREDIT CARD, OF WHICH I NEEDED A CO-SIGNER TO REPAIR OIL CHANGE, IGNITION COIL, PVC VALVE, SPARK PLUGS, COVER GASKET, REPLACE VALVE AND NEW OIL, NEW FILTER, COIL BOOTS AND LABOR. INSTEAD, MY MOTHER IN LAW, DONNA BLADES THOUGHT SHE WAS CO-SIGNING.THEY ENDED UP PUTTING THE CARD IN HER NAME ENTIRELY. AFTER THAT, I PICKED UP THE CAR AND NOTICED THAT ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON IMMEDIATELY AND THERE WAS AN OIL LEAK.I RETURNED IT TO THE SHOP AND IT STAYED THERE FOR DAYS, APPROXIMATELY 3 WEEKS. PHILIP, THEMANAGER SCOLDED THE MECHANICS. FOUND OUT THAT THEY DID NOT REPLACE THE SEAL THAT WAS CAUSING THE OIL LEAK.THINKING MY CAR WAS FIXED, I DROVE OFF THE LOT AND STARTED TO NOTICE THE OTHER LEAKS. THISTIME THE LEAKS WERE WORSE THAN BEFORE. I CALLED THE SHOP SEVERAL TIMES TO REPORT THIS PROBLEM. THEY KEPT SAYING THAT PHILIP WAS NOT THERE. THEN SADHU THE OWNER, TOLD ME TO BRING THE CAR IN. MY CAR HAS BEEN TAKEN IN 3 DIFFERENT TIMES. (1) SADHU SAID IF I BOUGHT PARTS THERE WOULD BE NO LABOR CHARGE. HE DID NOT KNOW HOW MUCH THE PARTS WOULD BE BECAUSE HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE CAR. (2) SADHU QUOTED THE PRICE OF $1200. THEN HE SHOWED ME THE DAMAGE DONE TO THE CAR AS THOUGHSOMEONE HAD BEATEN THE BOTTOM OF THE CAR WITH A HAMMER. (3) AAA CAME AND GAVE ME A JUMP AND THEY INFORMED ME THAT THE BATTERY INSTALLED IN MY CARWAS AN OVERSIZED FORD TRUCK BATTERY AND WAS EXPLODING ACID EVERYWHERE. AAMCO DENIED ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY CAR NOT WORKING. I PURCHASED A BATTERY FOR $139.00 FROM AUTOZONE WHEN THE CAR STALLED.  (4) JUNE 13, 2017, SADHU TOLD ME TO LEAVE MY CAR AT AAMCO AND HE WOULD WORK SOMETHING OUT.  (5) SADHU TOLD ME TO COME BACK THE FOLLOWING DAY TO SPEAK WITH HIS MECHANIC. THE MECHANICSAID AAMCO STILL WAS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CAR. HE ADDED THAT WHOEVER DID YOUR OIL CHANGE DAMAGED YOUR CAR. I HAVE TWO (2) WITNESSES WITH ME WHO HEARD HIM SAY THAT. (6) MY CAR IS STILL WITH AAMCO SINCE MAY 31, 2017. I WENT TO AAMCO JUNE 29TH TO HAVE THE AAA TOW TRUCK TOW MY CAR. AAMCO REFUSED TO ALLOW ME TO REMOVE MY CAR UNLESS I SIGNED A WRITTEN RELEASE OF LIABILITY CONTRACT. SADHU SAID EITHER PAY $1600 NOW TO FIX THE ENGINE, NOT INCLUDING LABOR; OR HE OFFERED THAT THEY WOULD REIMBURSE ME ONLY $500-$600. (7) TO DATE, I HAVE SPOKEN TO MIKE AND SABRINA AT AAMCO CORPORATE OFFICE (PENNSYLVANIA)THREE (3) TIMES AND THERE HAS BEEN NO RESOLVE. (8) SADHU TOLD ME THAT I COULD WRITE AND WRITE CORPORATE AND ANYBODY ELSE, BUT NOTHINGWOULD BE RESOLVED. HE STATED THAT HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT COULD REPAIR MY CAR. (9) BECAUSE OF THE ONGOING PROBLEM, I HAVE RENTED A CAR FOR $375.00 FOR SIX (6) DAYS AND NOW IAM WALKING TO AND FROM WORK 5 MILES EACH DAY, SINCE MAY 31ST.   THIS HAS BEEN A TREMENDOUS HARDSHIP FOR ME, MY CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN, SINCE WE DEPEND ON MY CAR FOR TOTAL TRANSPORTATION. UPDATE: AS OF JULY 7, 2017  I HAD MY CAR TOWED BY AAA TO SARKS AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR, 1477 N. LINCOLN BLVD., PASADENA, CA. NOBODY AT AAMCO CAME OUT TO ACKNOWLEDGE ME REMOVING MY CAR. I DID CALL IN ADVANCE ON FRIDAY, JULY 7TH AND INFORMED ADRIAN  (AAMCO) THAT AAA WOULD BE PICKING UP MY CAR FROM THEIR LOT AT 1:30 PM. MY KEYS WERE LEFT IN THE IGNITION. THE NEW BATTERY WAS DEAD. AAA HAD TO GIVE IT A JUMP.AAA STATED TO NEVER BRING MY CAR BACK TO AAMCO. THAT HE JUST TOWED ANOTHER WOMAN'S CAR  AFEW WEEKS PRIOR FROM THIS SAME AAMCO LOCATION. SHE WAS IN TEARS. PARTS TO HER CAR WERE MISSING AND THEN PARTS WERE THROWN IN HER BACKSEAT. SHE SPENT ALOT OF MONEY AND SHE NO LONGER HAS AN OPERABLE CAR.  AAA TOWED MY CAR TO SARKS AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR. AS AAA WAS RELEASING THE CAR TO THEM, THEYNOTICED (1) THE COVER IS MISSING  FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE ENGINE (2) THE SILVER CASING OF THE EXHAUST COVER SHIELD IS MISSING (3) SARKS IS PERFORMING AN INSPECTION AND WILL PROVIDE ME WITH THE DIAGNOSTICS.ALSO PER FTC'S DIRECTIVES WE SENT A DEMAND LETTER TO AAMCO DAY BEFORE PICKING UP MY CAR.
Entity: Pasadena, California
Jun 28 2017
Aamco Mechanic at Aamco is a liar! Edmond Oklahoma
Aamco on Kelly in Edmond Oklahoma auto repair shop is as crooked as they come, DO NOT take your car their to be repaired. They rebuild my transmission two months ago $3,000.00, 6/25/2017 transmission started slipping. Had to stop the car, have it towed 10:00pm, $51.00 for tow. Take the care back to Aamco since I have a 6 month warrenty. To find out they will not honor it because it was not their faulty work...I was told my radiator has a hole in it...well I'm no mechanic, but just not wrapping my head around the radiator having anything to do with a transmission???? I have since been educated. Without making this too long, bottom line is, Aamco told me I needed a new radiator, $1,000....and this would have to be fixed before they could test to see if my transmission was burnt up...two lies, radiator did not have a whole in it, and you can test the transmission if your radiator supposedly has a hole in it. The hose from the transmission to the radiator had one broken clip and one was missing altogether...I was informed these do not just fall off and appears they broke them when fixing my car....but I do not know this for sure. Also broke a sensor, I took pictures of it and will be sending them to the corporate office.
Entity: Edmond, Oklahoma
Oct 22 2002
AAMCO ripoff warranty joke Zanesville Ohio
I spent $1700.00 to have my transmission repared on a 2000 dodge pick-up truck and immediately suffered an extreme loss of power. When I complained about the problem, the manager proceeded to tell me 10 ways from Sunday why it could not possibly be his fault without even test driving the vehicle. When I told him that it was only evident when I was pulling a load. ie: a skid loader, His response was that it was too heavy for the truck even though it preformed just fine for over 1 year before the transmission problem. For all he knew, the loader may not even weigh much more than a lawn mower since they are made in all different sizes. This company is not at all interested in my problem or honoring their warrany and have thus ruined my work truck. They are only good for being a master at excuses. John Zanesville, Ohio
Entity: zanesville, Ohio
10, Report #202620
Jul 24 2006
AAMCO ripoff and incompetent Fremont California
Took my 95 Pathfinder to AAMCO and got the low end quote followed by the 'needs new transmission' phone call at double the original estimate. Let them go ahead and 200 miles before the warranty ran out the transmission went out again. They called a couple of days later and said some voltages were off and I would have to get that fixed as it was the cause of the problem. Took a look and the alternator belt had been thrown and torn up by the fan, so, expecting a good running vehicle I had ALL the belts replaced (timing included) and a new water pump installed for $800. Picked it up and it still would not drive. Took it to aamco and they spent two weeks 'fixing' it. Within a day I could tell it was not right. Took it back and picked it up two weeks later and it was still not right, plus it nearly caught on fire on the test drive. Took it back and got really upset this time. Two weeks later I pick it up it is still not right and it won't start when hot. They tell me I need to fix the starter but I saw they left the starter cable dangling. Take it back, they reconnect the starter and remove the oily rag they left sitting on the exhaust manifold and say everything is ok. Within two days I can tell it is not. At this point I am livid. I have essentially been without the car for three months and am threatening to sue them. They beg for one more chance so I give it to them. The transmission STILL doesnt seem right so I took it back and they say they can find nothing wrong. By this time I have purchased another car and so pick up the pathfinder and park it with a 'for sale' sign for $4k - low blue book. Unfortunately nobody would buy it when I tell them AAMCO worked on it. About five months later I have to drive the car to work and reverse goes out, but by now the warranty is expired and it is clear AAMCO is not competent to fix it so I lower the price to $1.5k. Some guy comes to test the car and now it won't move, the transmission is completely shot. I end up selling it for $800 and it had to be towed away. I spent over $3k on repairs and essentially gave the car away. Not only do I believe AAMCO intends their repairs to fail just after the warranty expires, I think they can't help it because they are imcompetent. Chris Fremont, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Fremont, California
11, Report #52098
Apr 08 2003
AAMCO ripoff dishonest ripoffs Olathe Kansas
After purchasing a 1991 Ford pickup I found that the transmission was having some problmes. Sometimes the tranny would slip in First Gear. Let up on the accelerator and it shifted fine. Transmission seemed strong except for sporatic first gear slip. Called a Independent Transmission person I used in the past and he quoted me $900 - $1,100. (This mechanic has rebuilt two other transmissions for me and always treated me fair) This mechanic was 50 miles from my home so to save travel I thought I would try AAMCO which was only a couple blocks from my house. Roomate of mine recommended them also. I went to Olathe KS AAMCO and the Regional Sales manager was present and told me base price for this tranny was $895.00 plus a torque converter for around $250-$400. He did say that they could not quote until they actually looked at tranny. I took the truck in on 3/30/03. Said would only take 3 days to rebuild!! Received a called on Monday and said the problem was internal and that they would need to tear it down to inspect it. Cost would be $395.00 for this. I told them to go ahead. The next day I was called and told the Transmission was in BAD Shape. Said that if they used the local parts supplier that the cost would be up towards $3,000.00. He then told me he could check with other suppliers and possible get parts cheaper. Amazinly he said he could have the parts shipped in and the rebuild would only cost $1,900.00 that way. I told them to put the tranny pack in and I would pick up the truck. On Friday 4/4/03 I stopped to get the truck. They had not put the tranny put back in yet. Said it would be done the next day. Drove by on Monday 4/7/03 and the truck is still inside the shop. The intresting part is I called a local Parts dealer and was quoted a Rebuilt Tranny with Torque Converter for $895.00. 4/8/03 I just received a call from some idiot for the Main Office of AAMCO inquiring about my experience with AAMCO. He tried the sales pitch on NationWide Warranty and that if I bought a rebuilt transmission from another dealer I would not know how the tranny had been used in the past ( like no one else in the world can rebuilt a tranny right except for them !!) I informed him I just bought this truck and have no idea how this tranny had been used so what was the difference.... I find it intresting that now that I am going back to my trusty tranny mechanic 50 miles away I am waiting and waiting for AAMCO to put my truck back together... hmmmmm I wonder if I will be able to drive it out of their shop??? I will update on the rest of the story when I go to pick up the truck..... Don Olathe, KansasU.S.A.
Entity: Olathe, Kansas
Jun 25 2003
AAMCO TRANSMISSIONS ripoff Florida USA
AAMCO TRANSMISSIONSAAMCO TRANSMISSIONS(aka) D.B. INVESTMENTS OF JACKSONVILLE, INC. WE ASKED FOR COMPLETE OVERHAUL OF TRANS MISSION. HE GAVE US A PRICE TO GET CAR THEN JACKSONVILLE, FL Florida ..... I called AAMCO TRANSMISSIONS on the phone. Explained the circumstances to them. I told them I knew there was internal damage to the transmission; I knew it would need gears and such. Yet, I was given a price of 976.76. I had them come and tow my vehicle in. Two days later a transmission specialist calls me and tells me I would need a torque converter. I said, there was nothing wrong with it. The owner, Mr. Black gets on the phone and tells me if I don't get it he won't warranty the job. I reluctantly agree to a rebuilt one. Later in the week I was told the job was finished and could pick up my vehicle. When I went in and saw the bill it was $1,000.00 higher than expected; for outlandish rip-off late fees! Mr. Black led me to believe the 976.76 was for the complete overhaul of the transmission. When in fact that price was for only the external exam and teardown. He mentioned nothing of an external exam and I had already informed them I would need a complete overhaul. COMPLETE TO THEM IS ONLY GASKETS!They neglected to inform me of that too! They figured once they had my vehicle they could do the job and tack on the OUTRAGEOUS extra fees for the hard parts. Obviously, theyv'e operated this way before; as I would have went somewhere else.They scammed me to believe I was paying one price; then dumped the amount that was they're true intentional price until it was too late for me. In my book, that makes them rip-off con-artists, theives, and crooks. After talking to just a few others about my recent experience; I was told, I wish you would have told me before because the same thing happpened to me. I couldv'e told you they were a bunch of crooks and liars over there. I was stuck with a bill of not $1400.00 but $2400.00 The law obviosly allows for legal theivery on the consumer! SO IT'S CONSUMER BEWARE!!!!!! Frank JACKSONVILLE, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: JACKSONVILLE, FL, Florida
Dec 19 2007
AAmco DONT DO IT!!! Fremont California
Nothing but terrible experiences with Aamco... go somewhere else to get it done... ANYWHERE!!! Dont do it!! Fremont, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Fremont, California
Nov 02 2005
Aamco ripoff Orange California
On the date of 2/25/05, after a previous bad experience with my car's transmission with another garage ( not Aamco ), I was told by my brother-in-law that Aamco does excellent work and that I should consider taking my car to Aamco. My wife and I did just that and went to Aamco of Orange, California ( store # 18362 I believe ) with the utmost confidence that a good job would be done. We we're greeted by Kerry who was working the counter...all smiles and very helpful to us. After telling him the problem with the car and discussing what needed to be done, I felt confident that he knew what he was talking about and surrendered the car to him at the price of $1,879.22; this was for the price of the rebuilding of my car's manual transmission, the replacement of the left and right front axles and a brake job on the front brakes. The car was ready to go on 3/1/05; I signed the contract without reading the back ( where all the warranty information is ) as I was reassured by Smiling Kerry that the manual transmission was under a 1 year warranty; absolutely nothing was said about 12 months or 12,000 miles which ever comes first or about 90 days...and I was in a hurry, so I didn't ask more questions about the warranty ( bad mistake on my part to trust Aamco too much ). I drove off feeling relieved that the car finally had been repaired by real transmission specialists and Kerry giving a big friendly wave out the door....hmmmmm Sometime in June, the transmission started making a whining noise while in gear; thinking that I had a 1 year warranty, and being a busy man, I didn't get the chance to take the car back to Aamco of Orange until 7/11/05. This time I was greeted at the front desk by Kent ( Kerry was nowhere to be found- I was told he now resided in Las Vegas Nevada...was he relocated? I proceeded to tell Kent about the sounds that the transmission was making as well as the vibrating the brakes we're doing when I applied them at high speed. He checked everything out on the computer and said that the car would be checked out while making out a new invoice sheet. Call me crazy, but at this point I am going to ask a very relevant question; if the transmission was under a 90 day warranty, why wasn't anything mentioned by Kent at this point? All of the information on my car was right there in the Aamco computer and he would of seen that it had been well past 90 days since the car had initially been worked on...he basically went about his business as if he was honoring a 1 year warranty. It took over a week to get my car back ( sigh ) but I returned to get my car back onn 7/19/05 and was told by Kent that the car's transmission was successfully repaired and that the brakes looked fine; I was given a copy of invoice #1568 and I again drove off feeling confident again. Around the end of September-beginning of October, the whining noise returned. Again, thinking that I had a 1 year warranty and being the busy man that I am, I finally drove the car back to Aamco of Orange on 10/21/05. This time I was greeted by Jeff at the front counter ( where was Kent? ) I tell Jeff about the noise; he goes to the Aamco computer and proceeds to tell me that my 90 day warranty expired months ago. I tell him that I have a 1 year warranty and that I had already had to bring the car back once during the summer time for the same transmission noise I was experiencing; he finds NO record of me bringing the car back the previous July or of a 1 year warranty given to me back in March. ? I still left my car there for them to check out; Jeff told me he would be giving me a call by the next morning and he would let me know what he could do for me. The next morning, Jeff called and assured me that the noise was definately the transmission; I gave him the invoice number from my visit that previous July...he looked it up and said there was no record of that invoice number in the computer. He acted very confused. He would have to wait until that Monday ( 2 days later ) when the owner of that facility would be there and he would ask him what should be done about this situation. I agreed to it. I talked to Jeff that following Monday; he talked to the owner and he told me that Aamco was absolutely NOT going to fix the transmission for nothing as he put it because he had come to the conclusion that I did not have a 1 year warranty like I thought. But him and the owner would make me an offer- instead of charging me another $2,400 to repair my transmission, they would do it for the generous price of $1,200 out the door. How was I supposed to feel at this point? How would you feel if you were being treated like this by a company you thought would do a good job for you from the beginning? I told Jeff I would let him know what I decided the next day. That is when my wife and I decided to get a hold of the home corporate office. My wife made the initial call and I talked to Tawanda Beatty of Customer Service. I gave her a brief summary of what was going on and after listening, she said she would be giving a call to Aamco of Orange and see what was going on. The next day, I spoke to Jeff again and he asked me if I had made a decision; I ultimately decided to just pick the car up as is. He proceeded to ask me when I had made the call to Aamco Customer Service...before or after hearing the proposal he made me? I told him after and he said Hmmmm....interesting, like how could I have done such a thing after proposing such a deal to me? I picked the car up; Jeff made out an invoice sheet proving that no additional repairs had been done. I signed it and left. The next day, Tawanda Beatty of Customer Service finally called me back and basically backed Aamco of Orange up; by that point, I was done. I proceeded to tell her how disgusted I was with Aamco and that not only would I ever be taking a vehicle back to be worked on by Aamco, but I would tell everyone I know and/or I care about to never, ever use Aamco...avoid Aamco if you don't want to be screwed over!!! She said that she was sorry to hear that and our conversation was over. $1,879.22 and my car's transmission is worse off than before I took it to Aamco in the first place!!! Paul Southgate, CaliforniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Aamco Transmissions
Entity: Orange, California
Jul 01 2008
Aamco Poor Transmissions Sold Minneapolis Minnesota
In February of 2007, my transmission went out on my 2001 Saturn SL1. It had 105k miles on it at that point. I needed a car and didn't have the opportunity or the cash at that point to purchase a new car. With the lower mileage on this vehicle, I thought having a rebuilt transmission put in my car was my best option. I found the closest transmission shop to my house, which happened to be this Aamco shop located on Broadway in Crystal (Minneapolis address). After speaking with them, they towed my car to their shop and told it would be $2300 to put in a rebuilt transmission. I figured $2300 then would be enough to get me at least another 4 years/95k miles before something else major happened to the vehicle. At the end of June 2008, I pulled out of my driveway and halfway down the block my car would not move anymore. I got out, looked behind me and saw a trail of liquid behind the car. It turned out that my transmission blew and all the fluid drained out. I had it towed to this same Aamco figuring they would be able to replace/repair this for a minimal fee since I had just gotten it put in 16 months prior. I talked to Rich at the shop who said it may only be $100 to fix the problem and he'd look into it. He called me back the next day to explain to me that the vehicle had a good run, but there was nothing he could do. I told him that I could not believe that a transmission would only last 16 months and 25k miles. He told me that they should last much longer than that, but mine only had a year warranty on it so there was nothing he could do and I would need to have a new one put in. We talked a little longer and he said he would talk to his district manager to find out if there was something more he could do. He called me back later that afternoon and told me he had a deal for me. His deal was to give me a brand new transmission for $1600. I explained to him that I did not want to put another $1600 (totalling almost $4k) into the vehicle, especially giving more money to the same company that sold me the last one that lasted only 16 months. I told him I could not do anything for more than $1k. He told me he'd check into and get back to me if there was anything else he could do. It is now a week later and I have not heard from him. I had to purchase a new vehicle to get to work. I sold the Saturn with no transmission for $500. The people at Aamco have been very polite. I have nothing against Rich and the staff. If you are looking to purchase from them, however, I would definitely shop elsewhere as you do not want to pay over $2k for something major only to have it break down a short time later. There are plenty of other transmission shops out there willing to fix their mistakes. Woody Plymouth, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Entity: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Jul 19 2000
AAMCO Transmissions
I am looking for any information regarding AAMCO Transmissions. If you had a bad experience at AAMCO or have any knowledge of their business practices please email me at: travisjjburk@yahoo.com. Sincerely, Travis
Entity: Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
May 09 2000
AAMCO Repair Disaster
This statement describes the 2 year repair history, and list of attempted repairs by AAMCO Transmission repair center in Raleigh, NC, and how AAMCO avoided resolving our problem. The original repair on this vehicle, a 1984 Olds Cutlass, was done on 2-12-98, for problems with no 3rd gear and difficulties with reversing. They rebuilt the transmission and put in a rebuilt torque converter for $862.16. I have receipts for two of the returns in 1998, but not for two others that year. On 5-28-98, we brought the car back for not shifting gears. On 6-22-98, it was towed in because the rear wheels locked up while driving. I was told that the rear gears broke inside the transmission. It was returned two other times that year. Once, my wife, a home health nurse, pulled into a patient's driveway and was unable to put the car in reverse to leave. The car had to again be towed back to AAMCO, and they replaced the valve body while my wife waited for 3 - 4 hours. Another time during 1998, the car was kept for adjustments during the followup check after a repair, as it was staying in 2nd gear too long. For these last two repairs, I was not given any receipt. On 1-5-99, the trans failed again. It had the same problem that it had originally been repaired for - it was getting stuck in low gear. I was told that they were unable to to repair the transmission they had put in, and had to replace it with another rebuilt transmission. I brought it back again in March/April for slipping again, and was told that it was necessary to replace the torque converter again. The most recent problem was on 1-19-2000, about 8 months after the last repair. I was driving down US 1 in Youngsville, where the traffic lanes merged into 1 lane due to construction. I was going about 45, when the transmission made a loud clunking noise and the car bucked a few times. I could not pull over until I reached the end of the construction zone, so I slowed down and went to the end of the construction zone, with the car making clunking noises, and sounding like something was being dragged under the car. Then it started slipping intermittently. It stopped making noises while it was idling on the side of the road. I pulled back onto the highway and turned around to go home, driving half on the shoulder and half in the slow lane. The trans slipped badly and I had to make my way home slowly, and had almost no power to the rear wheels by the time I reached my driveway. Our local mechanic came to the house to give us an opinion on the problem with the car. He went back and forth on the driveway a few times, and said it brobably had broken gears again because of the clunking noises it was making. He and I checked the trans fluid, which was full, but did have metal flakes in it. When the car failed on 6-30-98, where the rear wheels locked up, I had only gone 1000 feet out of my driveway, and was only traveling 20 - 25 mph, so was able to pull over quickly without harm to my family or the car. When I spoke to Mike at AAMCO, I was very concerned about the failure, as nothing like this had ever happened to me, and this failure struck me as particularly DANGEROUS. When I picked up the car after the repair, I asked what had caused the wheels to lock up. He said the rear gear assembly just broke - this usually doesn't happen. When the trans failed simmilarly the last time, and the car started bucking, I was lucky the wheels didn't lock up again on the highway. Not only would my family have been injured, but also the cars behind us and the construction workers behind the orange cones would have been at risk. This concerned and frightened me that the trans failed again in such a dangerous manner. I called the AAMCO 800 number on Friday, 1-20-99, and spoke to Barbara (1-800-523-0401) about this, expressing my concern about the manner of failure again, and how it was the seventh time. She said she would contact the service center the next day her office was open, but she had to go because they were closing the office due to a snowstorm. Because of my concern, I couldn't wait an indefinite period of time for answers, and contacted the service center myself. I asked to speak to Mike, who I usually dealt with, but he was not there. The owner, Joe Pake, was on the phone, so I described the problem to him. He said, It worked for you the rest of the time, didn't it?. I told him I was concerned about the maner of failure, and that a previous time it had failed similarly with the wheels locking up while I was driving. This is getting DANGEROUS, why are parts breaking like this??? Instead of offering to tow the car in and examining the reason for failure, he said I was obviously not happy with their service, and have no confidence in them, so I need to go elsewhere for help, and then hung up on me. After having been told to get lost and then being hung up on, I assumed that they had no interest in helping me with this ongoing problem. The next morning, Barbara from the main office called back, and told me she had talked to the service center, and that they didn't want to work on my car again because I wasn't satisfied with their service, and that the transmission was out of their six month warranty anyway, so they weren't obligated to do anything about it. I told her that I had spoken with a local TV station about the problem, and had also contacted the state Attorney General's office for complaints. She then said I could bring my car to another AAMCO center in the area and we could work something out. I told her I would think about it and call her back. I thought about it for a few hours, and decided that, although they had made 7 unsuccessful attempts to repair the vehicle, I would hear what they had to offer. I called Barbara back, and she said that she would arrange a discounted repair with another AAMCO service center because of all I had been through. She gave me a list of 3 repair centers within 1 - 2 hours of my home. I said that the Smithfield location sounded the closest, and she said she would contact them and explain the situation. I was called later by Alicia from the Smithfield center. I explained my situation to her, and stressed how the trans had failed those two particular times. She agreed that I had been through a lot with all these repairs, and that they should be able to work out something that would not be costly to myself, and that I would get a quality repair that would last. She then asked if this is what I wanted. I said that I needed to get my car repaired , properly and dependably this time, and that after all the inconveniences I had experienced already, I wanted a guarantee that this time the trans would last the 5 years I had reason to expect. Also, I had quotes from other places that were less than their price I had originally been charged , and that I expected this discounted price to be less than half of that. She then offered to send a tow truck to get my car, so they could start working on it right away. I said, Hold on! Before you take the car, what exactly are you going to offer me? What is this discounted price going to be? She said she needed to call Barbara again, and that she would call me right back. About an hour later, she called back. Her offer was $900 for another rebuilt transmission with a 12 month warranty, plus over $200 for a torque converter!!! The original repair price was $862 including tax. How was over eleven hundred dollars a discounted price fron $862??? I had to ask her to repeat her statement - not because I didn't understand what she said - I just couldn't believe she was saying it!!! I thought : These people don't want to help satisfy me, they don't have any concern that the manner in which these transmissions failed put my family in danger, or that these inconveniences cost me and my wife time away from work. They just want to get more money out of me!!! I told Alicia that that was just ridiculous, and so far out of the ballpark that I couldn't see us working anything out. She suggested I call Barbara. I tried, but was only able to leave a message on her answering machine to call me back. I did not hear from her on Friday. I am glad that I questioned Alicia before letting them tow my car away. It would have been over sixty miles from my house, in pieces, when they called with that absurd offer. I would have been stuck with my car disabled at their service center, with this ridiculous repair offer to get my car back. I'm sure that if I refused the offer under those circumstances, I would have been considered unreasonable, and there would have been a hefty service charge to put my trans back together and tow the car back. At this point, I needed to get my car somewhere I could trust to get it repaired properly, I needed the use of the car. That absurd offer from AAMCO eliminated ALL trust in them, I also want my money returned for the repairs they attempted to make. I contacted the Attourney General's Office with a copy of this statement to look into the multiple failures of these transmissions that put my family and others at risk. I didn't receive any responce from AAMCO the following week, and brought my car to a local repair shop. I explained to the repair shop exactly what had been happening with my car during the last two years of repair attempts by AAMCO. They told me that this was not usual, and that there had to be a reason for all the failures. Upon removing the last failed transmission, it was found that the trans lines to the radiator were almost completely clogged with clutch material and debris from the transmissions. This blockage would cause the trans to run hot, and the dirt would eventually run back into the trans and cause it to fail. Since this seemed to be the likely cause of our repeated problems, the mechanic was uneasy about rebuilding a trans with all this debris throughout, and suggested that he obtain a similar trans, rebuild it, and replace the old one. In order to clean the lines carrying the trans fluid, he had to force 6 cans of cleaning solvent through the lines and the radiator, and then install a special in-line filter to catch any dirt loosened to protect the transmission. I was instructed to bring the car back after 2 weeks and then once a month to change the filter. The first 2 filters did show some more dirt that had come loose when it was cut open, but the third was virtually clean. It is amazing that seven repairs were made, and this problem wasn't noticed. This should have been cleaned during the first repair, and they should have caught it when the failure happened. I have receipts for the replacement transmission and for the filters that were necessary to solve the problem. I have had no further problems with the car, and believe that it has now been properly and dependably repaired. A month after I called Barbara the last time, on February 17, 2000, I received a phone call from her. She asked if I had done anything about my car. I told her that I had it repaired at a local shop. She replied, That's too bad. The original repair shop was going to offer to do a no-charge repair. I told her that could have been a possible solution a month and a half ago, but my car needed to be fixed and I couldn't be expected to wait that long to get it repaired. I also asked why she hadn't answered my last phone call. She told me she was busy and had many other matters to take care of. I informed her that I have tried several times now to allow AAMCO to resolve the matters themselves, and that now, I wanted my money back for the attempted repairs. She said that she would contact the service center to see what they would do. I recently received the responce to my complaint from the Attorney General saying that AAMCO stated that they had offered me a no-charge repair, and that I had refused it. I don't feel that That's too bad. They were going to offer you a no-charge repair, constitutes an offer. I have been advised that persuing this through court would probably take alot of time on my part, and on the part of any witnesses, and I have not decided whether or not to take this course of action. However, it is not right that the public not hear about the manner in which this large company handles its customers. It is not right that they continue to offer such poor work and get rich on their failures. It has been 2 years of aggravation on the part of myself and my wife. I hope that advertising their carelessness will cause them financial damage, and demonstrate that they must change their practice to keep their customers. If they were a decent company, their discounted repair would have been a genuine offer, instead of an insult. It cost me $300 less to have the repair done by an independent center compared to their quoted discount. That's alot of money to pay for a name. If this incident has influenced you, I advise you to steer clear of the AAMCO Transmission Service Centers, especially in Raleigh. Please check with local, independent shops to avoid spending prime dollars on empty names. Richard Miller
Entity: Raleigh, North Carolina
18, Report #1969
Apr 05 2000
AAMCO of Mississauga Canada Ontario
AAMCO 1369 Dundas St E. Mississauga,ON L4Y 2C7 I live in Columbus Ohio, and as I was traveling to see my girlfriend in Toronto my car experienced transmision problems. I had my car taken to the AAMCO dealer mentioned above on Saturday March 18th 2000. I spoke with Pat on the phone, and he said he would do the 39 dollar test. Pat called me back to tell me that motor was fine but my trans had problems. Pat told me that if it was just the soft parts it would be about 1600 dollars. He also let me know that it could be more, but would not be able to dertimine that until he opens the transmision. On Monday March 19th, we had talked to the warranty company (this warranty was from the dealer where I got the car) the warranty company explained what they did and did not cover. Pat called me on Tuesday the 21st to let me know that the warranty company was sending a person to inspect the trans to be sure it should be covered. Pat mentioned that the case is cracked also. Pat called me on the 22nd to say good news they are going to cover you up 2100 dollars, but you ahve to come up with the rest which is about 1400 dollars!!! I knew my warranty company should pay for everything except a 100 dollar deductable, so I had to call them to find out why thy were only paying 2100 dollars. The Warranty company said it could get a rebuilt trans for 1500 and that shop could install it for a total of 2100 bucks. I called Pat back to tell him what the warranty company said. He then said they are using used parts and does not know about the warranty. I called my warranty company and they told me it was parts and labor and nationwide. I thought great, so I called Pat back to let him know, he told me that he could not use that rebuilt trans, and that if I wanted to go with the other shop he would have to charge me for tear appart and put back together. My warranty company agreed to pay 5 hours of take apart, but told them not to put it back together. I also told Pat not to put it back together. He tried to tell me it was their policy, and I told him that by law if I told him to stop working on my car he had to. Pat still tried to get me to pay for 5 hours of putting it together. I refused and told him not to put it together. I ended up paying for 1.8 hours to put it together. The whole time he is whining about his warranty and how he went out of his way for me. I told him that I can not afford to pull 800 bucks out of my pocket to get to him, or 100 to go to another shop. I was very angry with how Pat treated me after he knew I was not going to get repairs done at his shop. I would advise anybody not to goto AAMCO.
Entity: Mississauga, Ontario
Jun 10 2002
Aamco ripoff Longmont Colorado Ontario
On 5/7/02 Jiffy lube in Longmont, Co diagnosed my Toyota pickup with leaky transfer case.On 5/29/02 I brought my car into Aamco shop in Longmnont. Diagnostic service for $39 stated leaky transmission and worn out clutch. Promissed repair time by the end of the day. On 5/30/02 at 6PM I paid $956.27 by credit card over the phone so that I could pick up the car after hours. At 7PM a tecnician callled and said he felt something was wrong. On 5/31/02 shop manager Mike explained that they put the transmission together backwards and it got stuck. To my complaints the response was: I didn't break your transmission in the first place, why should I be responsible.If you only knew anything about transmission you would know how complicated it was. I picked up the car on 6/2/02 and it was still leaking. I went back to the shop on 6/3/02 and they said that the drain plug needed to be tightened. Driving that day caused worse leaks than ever before. I returned the car after hours with accompanying letter. On 6/4/02 Mike said that the problem had nothing to do with them, that transfer case was leaking (as diagnosed originally by Jiffy lube!) but tha they would fix it anyway. I called customer service. It took exactly 5 hours for representative Kevin to call me back. He couldn't understand the problem; car would be fixed after all, wouldn't it? I picked up the car after hours on 6/4/02 and left a copy of Jiffy lube report for Mike. On 6/6/02 he still defended his diagnostic service. So, they misdiagnosed the problem, I paid for a lot more expensive repair, I was insulted, I didn't have my car for 7 days and they didn't offer a loaner or a rental car. I'm disgusted. Mia Longmont, Colorado
Entity: Longmont, Colorado
May 22 2002
Aamco Transmissions ripoff Tomball Texas
As an ex-emoployee for AMMCO Transmissions, for the past few years I have found out that most of the shop owners are dishonest, theifs, and poor business natured individuals. Mardy Houston, Texas
Entity: Texas
Sep 02 2001
AAMCO NEWS PAPER STORY RIP-OFF
DA settles with Aamco The Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office has settled a civil suit brought against the owner of a San Jose Aamco transmission repair franchise. Fariborz Nikbakhshtali, without admitting liability, agreed to a March 13 injunction ordering him to pay penalties and court costs totaling just over $29,000. The franchiser, Aamco, was not named in the suit. Deputy district attorney Albert Bender brought the suit following an investigation by the state Bureau of Automotive Repairs, a branch of the state Department of Consumer Affairs. The San Jose office of the BAR's enforcement division conducted four undercover visits to the Aamco shop on South Capital Avenue in San Jose between June and October 1995. The suit alleged that the repair shop: Knowingly recommended and performed unnecessary repairs, and charged for parts that were not actually supplied; Made false or misleading statements to a customer about the condition or status of a vehicle; and Charged a customer for a rebuilt transmission when the work performed failed to meet minimum legal requirements for a rebuilt transmission. Under the injunction, the Aamco franchise has been ordered to halt the alleged illegal conduct. In addition to the DA's suit, the state Attorney General's Office suspended the repair shop's registration for five days and placed the business on probation for three years. The DA's Office also fined the shop $8,000.
Entity: Springfield, Mass
Aug 27 2001
AAMCO? Don't go!
I am really disapointed with the service I've received from AAMCO and would never consider giving them a second chance. I had a company car's transmission go out a few hundred miles from our office. I brought it to the nearest AAMCO dealer in Merced, CA. They rebuilt the transmission for just under $2000. Driving the car back home I noticed the shifting was extremely hard. I had to bring to a local AAMCO shop within two weeks of the original repair. They replaced the speed sensor and it which fixed the problem for a while. But after two months the problem reoccured. Again they said the speed sensor needed to be replaced. It still didn't run smooth like the original transmission. But the car was still driveable and we learned to live with it. Although I noticed no one wanted to drive it if another car was available. Approximately two months after the warranty was up the transmission failed and stranded one of my employees. I brought it to closest AAMCO dealer and they said the transmission would need need to be rebuilt at the cost of another $2000. He did call the Merced owner and told him the situation. But since the warranty was expired they could offer no help. I declined to have them repair the car. End result: $2000 was wasted on a transmission that lasted 14 months and only went 29,000 miles. I am one customer who is never going back.
Entity: Merced, California
Jun 28 2001
AAmco transmission crappy work
in march of 2000, i took my 1992 gmc sierra in for service. i paid $1500.00 for what i thought was a brand new transmission. little did i know. one week after i pick up my truck , it is back in the shop. adjusting so they say. 3 weeks later once again in for adjusting. the truck was slipping and lurching when shifting.i had taken my truck in several other times only to have it have the same problem. after several attempts i gave up . i let the transmission stay as is, thinking there was nothing else they could do for me. finally 1 year and 3 months later,and now my warranty has expired. i go back to same aamco place to try and see if they can get it right this time. not only do i find aamco has disappeared from this particular location . but another transmission place has opened up in it's place. i leave my truck with him hoping he can alleviate the problem .he calls me and tells me my transmission was done poorly and to fix it it would cost $650.00 to repair..so not only am i out $1500.00 i have to pay and additional 650.00 to repair what i thought was good work..i have written to aamco home offices , along with e-mails and am still waitng for a reply . i do not expect any speedy response. but take my advice don't listen to James Brolin on those commercials, a handsome and articulate man do not make up for crappy service. DON'T USE AAMCO!!!!! Click right here to read over 50 Rip-off Reports more on AAMCO Transmissions and what they do to screw YOU, the consumer!
Entity: NORTHRIDGE, California
Feb 11 2002
AAMCO Rip-off idiots Valdosta Georgia
Last year, I supposedly had my transmission fixed in my 1999 Mazda 626 at this company because when I went on the highway, the OD light would blink after about and hour of driving at a speed of 70 or more. I went to the dealership for my car and they kept servicing the car, and telling me that there was nothing wrong with it. So I decided to try somewhere else. When I took the car to AAMCO they told me that the reason why the OD light was coming on was because the transmission needed to be taken out and be resealed, and the piece in the transmission that makes the gear change was damaged. So I ended up spending about 600.00 in this. Remind you, when I took the car there, I was only having problems with the transmission's OD light blinking. Now, I have a transmission that jerks, takes about ten seconds to change gear, smelling of the transmission oil burning and clicking. All of these things were not happening until I took the car there. When they so-called fixed my car, and I started to having these problems, I decided to take my car to the dealership where I bought it from, and they sent a trained Mazda technician from Jacksonville, FL to look at my car and they told me that the reason why I was having all of these problems was because AAMCO left screws and bolts missing and the transmission was put back in wrong, and they were not allowed to touch it because they had not repaired. When I took the car back to AAMCO, they told me that the transmission needed to be rebuilt, and they had never mentioned that this would be a possiblility when I took my car there the first time. Now I am in win-lose situation and I do not know what to do. Chris Quitman, Georgia
Entity: Valdosta, Georgia
Mar 04 2000
AAMCO Transmission rip-off Massachusetts
My AAMCO story begins on 4/1/99. The transmission on my1997 Dodge Interpid blew so I brought it to AAMCO In Medford Massachusetts to have it fixed. They told me for $1,700 dollars they would replace my transmission, so I told them to go ahead. On 12/13/99 without warning the transmission blew again, except this time it was at 40mph with my 3 year old and my 9 month old in the back seat. The car locked up at 40mph and caused us to spin out. Luckily no one got hurt. I called AAMCO but did not tell them what I was doing when itlocked up.Dave told me to bring it in and they would look at it. They called me back that day and told me that the Shifter linkage had broken and that is why I could not get the car out of park. I told them that it happend at forty miles an hour and Dave the manager started to back pedal saying Were not done looking at it and will call you back Three days later I got the car back. They would not tell me what they fixed only that it was warrenty work. On 1/5/99 I brought it back telling them it was not shifting correctly. The did a Diagnostic on it and told me it was fine. On 1/17/99 the transmission blew again. They told me to bring it in and they would not pay for the towing. I called the customer service number and they told me there was nothing they could do for me. I had to bring the car back to the Malden Massachusetts AAMCO. On 1/22/00 Dave told me to come pick up my car. He said they had gone above the call of duty fixing it. On 1/23/00 the transmission blew again. Thirteen hours after I picked it up. I'm afraid to take it back tommoro 1/25/99. But I have no choice. Stay tuned! TADOOTS1@aol.com
Entity: Malden, Massachusetts