AAMCO Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Aamco

There may be more reports for "Aamco"

For more results perform a general search for "Aamco"

Showing 26-50 of 873 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Aamco"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jan 28 2000
AAMCO Consumer rip-off Canada
I recently had my 1990 chev lumina trannie rebuilt, the problems That I complained about were slipping out of gear, and a funny noise comming from my transmission. well my estimate on repairs was 1195$ canadian for a rebuild. The actual price was a wopping2735.26$ canadian. the parts they replaced were: 1.new filter 2.new fluid 3.rebuilt tourque converter 4.tranmission mount 5.bushing kit 6.sun gear shell 7.drive chain 8.fourth clutch hub after all of this I still have the same problem. I have also developed a great steering problem with my car since they had the front end appart, also my service engine soon light is on now, turns out that they banged loose a peice of my exause and it is making a sensor go haywire. when I took it back they pushed me away and said the problems I was having were not there, That is easy to say when I am not paying for it. I know I was ripped off and this company does not care at all. I saved money for months to have these tranmission problems now look what they did. Never shop at aamco never never never amcan@mountaincable.net thanks a million joe watson
Entity: hamilton, Oontario Canada
Jan 30 2000
AAMCO Transmission Massachusetts rip-off
My AAMCO story begins on 4/1/99. The transmission on my1997 Dodge Interpid blew so I brought it to AAMCO In Medford Massachusetts to have it fixed. They told me for $1,700 dollars they would replace my transmission, so I told them to go ahead. On 12/13/99 without warning the transmission blew again, except this time it was at 40mph with my 3 year old and my 9 month old in the back seat. The car locked up at 40mph and caused us to spin out. Luckily no one got hurt. I called AAMCO but did not tell them what I was doing when it locked up.Dave told me to bring it in and they would look at it. They called me back that day and told me that the Shifter linkage had broken and that is why I could not get the car out of park. I told them that it happend at forty miles an hour and Dave the manager started to back pedal saying Were not done looking at it and will call you back Three days later I got the car back. They would not tell me what they fixed only that it was warrenty work. On 1/5/99 I brought it back telling them it was not shifting correctly. The did a Diagnostic on it and told me it was fine. On 1/17/99 the transmission blew again. They told me to bring it in and they would not pay for the towing. I called the customer service number and they told me. I had to bring the car back to the Malden Massachusetts AAMCO. On 1/22/00 Dave told me to come pick up my car. He said they had gone above the call of duty fixing it. On 1/23/00 the transmission blew again. Thirteen hours after I picked it up. I'm afraid to take it back tommorow. But I have no choice. Stay tuned! TADOOTS1@aol.com
Entity: Medford, Massachusetts
Mar 02 2000
Aamco Transmissions: Don't let it happen to you
What a nightmare I had here in Houston Tx with Aamco transmissions on S. Dairy Ashford. They totally ruined my very expensive car. I called the corp HQ in Pa and all they did is act like they were angry with me for taking Juan Corderra to court and winning a $5,000 judgemnt against him. They had me fax all the information to them and then left me a msg telling me they would be appealing that case. They made no effort to resolve my problem. They reminded me that now that I won a suit I had no warranty. I think this happens quite a bit with Aamco. I paid top $ for a brand name and all I have received is one big headache that has lasted 10 months now and has no end in sight. Now his lawyer is saying I can't collect the judgment because I filed under D.A.T. inc. He says the name of the business is Dairy Ashford Transmissions. (D.A.T.?) All I know is on both of my receipts I received from that aamco it said D.A.T. inc. Besides I called the Tx sec of state and that office he said that they did not pay the fees assiciated with that DBA and it was revoked by the sec of state in Feb of 97. I know that the Pa office will not help so all I am left to do is tell anyone who will listen my experiences at Aamco. Anyone want to buy a super clean 92 Mazda 929 with transmission problems?
Entity: Houston, Texas
Dec 23 2000
AAMCO , misquoted transmission repair cost
I took my sons 1997 Ford Tarus to get the transmission rebuilt with a master kit. The estimated cost I was given was $1180 and the repair job would take only 2 days. After a total of 9 days go by for the repairs, due to the technician deciding to go deer hunting, I picked up the car and the bill was $1678. They said I needed additional parts, $498 worth, that they did not figure in the estimate. I voiced my frustration with the local dealer and the AAMCO corporate customer service to no avail. They totally blew me off and said thats the way it is. Obviously they need some math training to do correct estimates, learn how to tell the truth up front, and take a class on customer service. It would be interesting to see there customer satisfaction scores.
Entity: Fairview Hts, Illinois
Oct 11 2002
Aamco ripoff ruined transmission Dayton Ohio
In April 2001 I took my car to Aamco. After paying almost $2000 the transmission only lasted 8 months (not problem free). To the tune of 4 rebuilds later, in 1 1/2 years, the car is now at another business getting repaired properly. David Greenville, Ohio
Entity: Dayton, Ohio
Feb 03 2010
Aamco transmission Gainesville, Florida
I was quoted 3 different prices for repairs as well as my nephew as well as a family friendjust because i didn't know that when i was walking out of the and was asked he last 4 digits of  my social i was being setup as a victim of circumstance because i didn't know by doing that i was giving permission for a repair the estimation was suppose to be free little didi know it was/is going cost me $500.00 i went back in tryin o reason with Mike and was told if i call the police because that was my intention after telling him i felt mislead and he told me to call and he would show them my signature which was on the free estimate but he said because i gave him my social i was liable even though i wasn't aware that was the reason he ask for it with me walking out the door. is this fair pracice just to make money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i even offered to meet him halfway and pay half and even then he wasn't reasonable so I ask again is this how you trick customers by asking for their social and lock them into a repair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Entity: Gainesville, Florida
Jan 07 2013
AAMCO Customer SERVICE BRAMPTON, Ontario
We live in Brampton Ontario, and from last few days experienced transmission problems. We had taken our car to the AAMCO dealer in 91 Kennedy Rd S, Brampton and spoke to Mr Kamran Ameri on January 3rd, 2013. We waited about 45 mins in the workshop to know what was wrong with the vehicle. Later Mr. Ameri came and spoke with us about transmission problem and it will cost $1200. He informed us that there is a promotion going on that is why it will cost only $1200 with everything including tax.   At first, it was too good to be true to us, since normally for transmission of Honda it would cost close to $2000.00. He did convince us that it would still cost him the same, however, due to the promotion; Aamco Head Office will reimburse him the difference.  I have to say, he was very convincing and seemed to be a very nice guy. After we agreed to do the job, he told us that the vehicle will be ready in two days. He also offered us rental car for those days.  As we already had another car, we did not take rental car and he said there will be $45 credit towards our bill in lieu of the rental car. Later we requested him in the same time if it is possible to change timing belt and water pump. Mr. Kamran said, since he would be working on the car, it wouldnt cost more than couple hundred dollar to change the timing belt and the water pump if it is needed. He promised to call us to let us know about the condition of timing belt and water pump after opening the car. At the end we decided to pay $1150 + couple hundred dollars for timing belt (including tax, parts and workmanship). He promised to give the vehicle back on 5th January, 2013. On Saturday January 5th till noon Mr. Ameri did not call us. We just want to know the condition of the timing belt and water pump and the cost for these two items. We waited and waited but he did not call us. Then around 2 pm we called him and asked about the car. He did not give us all the informations. He just informed us that his mechanics did not show up so nothing was done in the car and told us to pick up the car on Monday January the 7th 2013. We were very surprised with his behaviour and with his customer service and the way he spoke to us. It almost seemed like it wasnt the same guy that we dealt with 2 days ago. On January the 7th, again we waited till noon but did not get any call from Mr. Ameri. This was our 5th day without a car and had lot of challenges to deal with. I work over the weekend and about 30kms each way. My wife had to drop and pick me up during bad weather. We called him back and he informed us that still our car was not ready. This time he gave us very surprised news about the maintenance cost.  He told us because there was lot of other problems in this vehicle, he would have to charge us much more and also the car wouldnt be ready for another day.   What really bothered me was that before getting the business he seemed like the nicest person on the planet and after getting the business, he changed totally. During the 6 days, he had our vehicle, he never tried to communicate with us, and we had to call him all the time.  Also every time we were fortunate enough to talk to him, he changed the story.  When I asked him, how come he is not contacting us, he said he has 40 customers and he cant be calling each of them. So, at this AAMCo location you are not a customer you are one of the 40 people they are doing you a favour by working on your car. I would advise you to be very cautious taking your car to this location I would advise anybody not to go to AAMCO
Entity: BRAMPTON, Ontario
Jul 24 2013
Aamco Repetitive Rip-Off! Clearwater Florida
Took my son's Isuzu Rodeo to this location last year; given estimate and told them to proceed -- we paid in full in advance.   THREE WEEKS LATER still no car, and no projected date of when the work would be complete -- they literally said they weren't sure how to fix it and might need to bring in some help!   Called the corporate office and they got on these guys; a mechanic from another location was brought in and eventually the repairs were done.   Ten months later the transmission blew while on a camping trip four hours from home.   Still under warranty so took to a location there -- two weeks later finally were able to drive there to get it.   Three weeks later, BAM, transmission light is back on and back to the Clearwater location we go.   They advise that it is a computer part not covered under warranty, $200 but won't charge for labor.  We say OK, and ten days later we are told that the part is installed but the problem still exists, so come and get it.   WHAT???   They mis-diagnosed the problem, we are supposed to pay for their stupidity and still have the same problem???   And now we're told to come pick it up???   These folks do not know WHAT they are doing, and think we're as stupid as they are!
Entity: Clearwater, Florida
Dec 05 2013
Entity: kitchener, Ontario
Dec 19 2013
Aamco Transmission Misrepresentation Decatur Georgia
I went to Aamco Transmission because my 1997 Chrysler Sebring needed to past emissions in order to get my tags renewed. I took it to the emission place first, and they reported that I had a Torque converter clutch circuit malfunction, an 02 sensor as well as a transmission control system malfunction. I took the printed malfunctions to Aamco transmission on North Decatur Rd. and before even inspecting it they told me it was the solenoid pack and that it would cost $525. Now, I didn't pay them right away because I had prior pending responsibilities, but after I gave them the go ahead to do the work he also promised me that he will drive it around to get it ready to past emissions. Aamco never iniated phone calls, I always had to call and check and to see when my car was ready. I pick up the car and pay for it. I drove it that same day to my mechanic to get the 02 sensor replaced, my mechanic informed me that it was still the torque converter clutch circuit malfunction codes popping up and he observed an oil leak. So, I took it back to Aamco the next day and told them that my check engine light came on reading the same problems and that I had an oil leak. Aamco told me that they will check out the leak and that the codes had to be wrong. I had to call them to see if my car was ready for pick up again, and sure it enough it was but AAMCO say they checked the check engine light and that it was because of the 02 sensor, so I took it to Advance auto and they confirmed what my mechanic had informed me, that it was the same codes pertaining to the Torque converter clutch. So, I took it back to Aamco and left it with them, they took two additional weeks to get back to me, Aamco said that they replaced the solenoid pack again. I drove it again for a few days, check engine light came back on. Aamco said well they can't do anything else about it, maybe it's the battery. I took the battery to get recharged, brought the car back to aamco and let them run the test again and the same codes appeared. Then Aamco told me maybe it's the wiring, so I took the car to get the wiring looked at, after Aamco informed me when they ran a wiring test on the car that they couldn't see a discrepancy in the wiring. The electrical shop told me that there was nothing wrong with the wiring as well. I go back to Aamco and at this point I'm frustrated and just want my money back, he tells me the best he could do was credit it to the rebuild of my transmission. So, I asked did the rebuild of my transmission cost $525, he said no. I was like well I would like my money back and you can keep your solenoid pack just put my old one back. In my head I'm like my chrysler isn't worth that much money. Aamco informes me that, that's the best they can do. So, I go to the courthouse and file a small claims against them. I go back up there and ask if he was willing to refund my money, he said the best he could do was $200 for the labor. In my opinion, I didn't give him $150 to do a $525 job, and he shouldn't try to give me a portion of my money back when I paid a lot more. I paid him in full to fix the torque converter clutch, and because its still not complete then I need my full payment back...
Entity: Decatur, Georgia
Feb 18 2014
aamco Transmission disintegrating mcdonough Georgia
 I took my 99 Dodge 2500 truck into this AAmco to have my transmission fixed, I told them that the O/D Solenoid was needing to be fixed. they ordered the wrong part and forced it into my truck. the lead tech told me that the transmission was disintegrating and told me that when i had the pan taken off the last people were hiding the evidence, well i was the one who cleaned the pan and there was nothing on the magnet to show any signs of wear just had some really dirty fluid when i had the Temp sensor and Govern Switch replaced , .  when they completed the repair the dummy light was still on and i had no overdrive this is when the owner told me i would need a complete transmission rebuild $3000 and that my transmission was disintegrating. I paid them almost $500 for this repair that was not fixed and was advised by other mechanics to take to the Dodge dealership because they were trying to Rip Me Off. I took it to Landmark Dodge and told them what was going on. This problem was quickly found that they had installed the wrong O/D Solenoid and broke the wiring connector. Landmark fixed both of the issues and I have gone 14 months and 20,000 miles without a problem. the owner AAmco also told me if that rebuilding the transmission didnt fix the problem that he would than check the wiring at an additional charge. I really dont suggest going to this shop becasue they do not have a clue on what they are doing or they know they are ripping you off.
Entity: mcdonough, Georgia
Mar 26 2014
AAMCO classic mechanic scam Hayward California
I go in there to get my tranny flushed (1996 Ford Explorer) they took all day, advised against it, and I was about to be on my merry way when I notice the CEL is on so they reset the computer. Lo and behold the CEL comes on after 10 minutes.The next day they say they can check and see what the problem is but whatever it is, I'm gonna have to pay to get it fixed.Since I had read the reviews that morning I figured only way to get some justice is to tell the BBB, the Bureau of Automotive Repair, and yelp.comThe code the computer brings up is P0113 which is the Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 under the hood; he insists it's a sensor in the tranny... I'll just fix it myself.DO NOT GO HERE TOTAL RIPOFF and all the reviews that seem to be too good to be true are probable fake!
Entity: Hayward, California
Jun 17 2015
AAMCO Destroyed my car Tigard Oregon
I took my car in for repairs, and they accidentally knocked a rock into my engine which destroyed one of the cylinders. I was in the process of moving 350 miles away and had to leave my car there. I had no car for 3 weeks in a new city. They did not reimburse me for any traveling costs to pick up my car, and still charged me $1200 in repairs. I was able to get the car to my new home, but it was not working correctly and they also broke the air conditioning. I took it to AAMCO in my new city since the work was supposedly covered by a warranty. They found that the cylinder head which was supposedly repaired was badly warped. They couldn't do anything unless the AAMCO that originally destroyed it agreed to repair it. Guess what? They never called back. The car doesn't work, but I'm still paying AAMCO for the $1200 in repairs. Please don't ever go to AAMCO. They are obviously horrible mechanics, and even more horrible with their customer service. It is criminal what they do. They literally destroyed my car.
Entity: Tigard, Oregon
Jan 13 2016
AAMCO East Mesa Arizona
 I have waited two months to provide a reasonable review instead of writing one out of spite or anger. I contacted AAMCO in east Mesa, Az. about my engine light that had come on. Made the appointment took it in and $79 later they claimed it was the gas cap. Really! A gas cap...because the kid at Autozone plugged in the code reader and suggested I take the vehicle in for a more serious problem having to do with the fuel vapor emission system. Hence my appointment. Long story short and an additional $743 with two months of having the vehicle at their shop (luckly I had another vehicle). It was still not repaired. Every time I went to complete the drive cycle (that they had no time to complete) it would fail. After the sixth time I said forget it. The same code kept displaying and every componet in that system was replaced. They finally said that it was failing a smoke test that supposedly passed after replacing the gas cap. Just like they cleaned the system from charcoal because the canister ruptured. Charcoal that they kept finding in the corners of th e system that contains round tubes...yeah round tubes. They were respectful and give them that, but again not once did I go on a verbal rampage. Not once was I offered a discount nor did the AAMCO corporate office offer any insight on why the shop could not fix my vehicle. Their knowledge of vehicle repair is limited to basic oil changes, brakes and tires. The reason I state this is because the two months of having to go back, I witnessed three other consumers with transmission problems, warranty issues, and engine tune ups gone wrong. Please...Do not go to this location. Ive heard horror stories from others that other AAMCO locations are the same but I strongly feel that I will not be taking my vehicles to any of them to find out. Thank you for reading and suggest on researching where you take your vehicle for service.
Entity:
40, Report #194120
May 31 2006
AAMCO ripoff Patchogue New York
I originally took my Jeep in with a problem that I thought was a transmission. When I first took it in they charged me 39.95 for an external diagnosics. (for those of you that don't know there is a internet coupon to get this for free). Exactally what is external Diagnostic. They drive your car around the block and come back just to tell you the problem is internal. This requires them to open up the Transmission. Now thye have those fancy computers to tell them where to look etc. To have them open up my tranny it is going to cost me another 1500. Well I had all this done got an overhaul on the tranny to get my Jeep back and the problem still exist. WOW!! Alot of $$$$ to still have the problem. Now they tell me that the locking mechanism needs replaced. OK why didn't you replace this with the overhaul. Once again get it back still have the problem. TPS now needs replaced. Well to make a long story short I didn't need any of this CRAP! The problem was in the ENGINE and the mechanic that has my Jeep now said had the problem been caught in the beginning I WOULD NOT NEED A NEW ENGINE NOW! I tried to do the right thing and go back to AAMCO and see if they would resolve this BIG problem for me and they stated that I told them to just do the overhaul and touch nothing else. VERY UNTRUE! I JUST WANTED MY JEEP FIXED PROPERLY! IS THAT SO HARD TO ASK. NOW I HAVE TO SINK ANOTHER $2500 FOR A NEW ENGINE. MARK patchogue, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Patchogue, New York
Feb 09 2005
Aamco Transmission ripoff Rochester New York
After breaking down while driving one night, I brought my vehicle to the dealership that I purchased it at with the assumption that it was a transmission problem because the vehicle would not shift into second gear. This is a three year old Vehicle with only 40,000 miles that I purchased just four months prior. The dealership confirmed that there was internal damage but that my warranty company wanted a second opinion from a transmission specialist (Aamco). The vehicle was brought to Aamco, who confirmed what the dealership had said and it was decided by my warranty company that they (aamco) would fix it. They had my vehicle for approximately a week and a half. When I went to pick it up I was told by the manager, Mark that the check engine light came on when the car was in their possession and that the diagnostic test said that it was the O2 censor. He explained that the car had been on a lift and that it would probably just go off after driving for a while. If not, he said to bring it back and they would replace the censors, which I agreed to. I proceeded to get in my vehicle and when I started it I heard a loud rumble from underneath that I had never heard before. After driving I realized that when I turned corners I heard a rubbing from underneath. I waited two days and I called them to let them know that not only did the check engine light not go off, but now there is a rubbing/vibration that is getting progressively worse. I Brought it back the following weekend. They fixed the check engine light by wiggling some wires. Mark then called me in to look under my car. He pointed to the exhaust system and showed me that it was rubbing against the frame. He then went on to insult my intelligence by telling me that this was caused by the change in temperatures that we were experiencing and that they never touched the exhaust system, therefore had no responsibility to rectify the situation. It is too bad that it is obvious that they have to take off a portion of the exhaust to get to the transmission. After them refusing to do anything I contacted my dealership and explained all of it to them. They tried numerous times to get them to just re-align the exhaust to make things right and they would not do it. Mind you, they got a check from my warranty for over $2200, & I paid them the $250 deductible. Needless to say, I had my dealership fixed the exhaust problem which got really bad toward the end. That ended up costing me another $150 dollars. They told me that Aamco bracketed the front of the exhaust system straight to the Transmission and that was causing the loud noises. Yesterday the check engine light came back on and that is my reason for writing this. DO NOT GO TO AAMCO TRANSMISSION. THEY LIE TO THEIR CUSTOMERS AND ARE TRUE SCAM ARTISTS AND BAD BUSINESSMEN. STAY AWAY FROM AAMCO. Josh Rochester, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Rochester, New York
Feb 21 2008
Aamco Ripped me off totally Oak Park Illinois
My car was towed to Aamco I was told what parts that I needed to replace. .They replaced the parts. Once the parts were changed I found out that I was paying $1,974 for a tune up on a 1998 volkswagen. Paulette richton park, IllinoisU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Oak Park, Illinois
Jul 15 2008
Aamco Transmissions ripoff, hostage, sales pressure Houston Texas
i was quoted a price of 395.00 usd to remove my transmission to have a better look at the problem. This was done on a friday afternoon, Then on Monday was quoted 2750.00 to have their platinum service to repair the problem. After i declined the repairs the manager told me that the couldnt guarantee that my car would run after RE-assembling the transmission. Insisting to have my transmission repaired at their shop - several sales attempts were done including having me finance through some creditor called colonial penn. I still kept on declining the offer. At last, their regional manager called me and gave me a quote of 1650.00 usd to repair my transmission. I still declined their offer. I then asked them AGAIN to reassemble my transmission and reinstall. When asked when I would have my car back got the following response: WELL THERE ARE OTHER CUSTOMERS THAT WANT THEIR TRANSMISSION FIXED, YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT AT THE END OF THE LINE TO HAVE YOUR TRANSMISSION REASSEMBLED WITH DAMAGED PARTS. I dont mind paying the 395.00 to get my car back BUT should have been informed that my car wouldnt be running the same after they broke down my transmission to take a beter look at it. the manager was a young guy by the name of Joe Torres at this location. Very helpful and almost seemed to care. this guy turned out not to be helpful after I declined further services from Aamco. Dont do business with this company. Maui katy, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Houston, Texas
Jun 17 2007
AAMCO TOTAL SCAM ARTISTS LISLE IL SINCE CLOSED NOW RIPOFF Internet
I was a 15yo boy with my mom and went for a super low priced coupon, (this was in the 1980s but I am so enraged about what they did) 39.00 for a trans fluid change at ammoco transmission shop. They did the change and everything seemed fine, then suddenly, they call my mom to the back office. They seemed to want me to stay in the waiting room. So fat guy named Joe had my mom in the office and I was waiting for what seemed at least a 1/2 hour. Now I was a smart 15yo, and I figured they would try and brainwash my mom into getting a new transmission. Now our trans was a GM turbo 350. These units are rock solid, and almost NEVER fail, even when they do, they usually take a long time with many symtoms before they actually total go out. We never ran out of fluid, never towed anything and never beat it much, so I knew something scammy was up. I bolted into the back office, and found my mom actually crying, I asked what was going on, the the fat guy Joe told me to go back into the waiting room. I refused, he got I rate with me, and I told him I would call the police next door if he refused to let me sit in with my mom. He backed off. So, he was telling my mom, he found major problems with the trans, and they needed to remove it, and take it apart to see what was wrong with it. Enough said, I refused, and demanded to put new oil in and where leaving, he finally did after another 1/2 of haggling. Transmission shops are mostly scams! J Aur, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
45, Report #219782
Nov 09 2006
Aamco Transmissions ripoff dishonest unprofessional Pueblo Colorado
Our transmission went out in our truck right after my husband had been involved in a rollover accident that totalled one of our cars. Aamco knew this, he told them. We had it towed there to get an estimate. The estimate was $2900.00. The manager stated that he 'would work on it for us'. The second quote was $2,600.00. Then they proceeded to tell us that there were other things wrong with the vehicle that needed to be replaced. On the second night it was there, someone vandalized five vehicles in their parking lot; ours was one of them. They called the police the following morning, but never notified us. My husband had called that morning and was told nothing. I called later that afternoon and after speaking with the store manager for approx. 20 min. was told by him ,'oh by the way, someone smashed your window out and stole your speakers.' They did replace the window, however now they are giving me the runaround in replacing the speakers. They refuse to give me the name of their insurance company. The day we found out, I showed up to pay the cost of pulling the transmission out with a tow truck to get it out of there. My husband showed up there about an hour after I left to find out if I did get it out okay, and the store manager was very rude to him, telling him that I said things about my husband to the manager that were untrue. He tried to start a fight between us. When confronted later on speaker phone, the manager then tried to back out of it. They also removed the flywheel from my truck and never put it back in the vehicle. We fixed the transmission ourselves (a transmission costs approx. $1100.00), but I had to track down the flywheel as they never even called to notify me that it had been left there. I would never do business with this company based on the unprofessionalism, their attitudes, they have no security on their lot--I also found out this has been a continuous problem with vandalism on their property for at least 1 1/2 yrs. and they have done nothing to protect their customers vehicles. Annette Pueblo, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Pueblo, Colorado
Feb 09 2007
Aamco I WAS DECEIVED AND CHEATED New Castle Delaware
My daughter's 1993 Saab automatic transmission was failing. The Saab service center said it would cost $3600 for rebuilt trans. Called Aamco and they said it would cost $1800. The also offered a 2 year 2400 mile or 3 year 3600 mile extended warrenty for an additional costs. I decided to take the car there since my daughter was going to college in Conneticut and they have service center there in case of any problems. They needed a deposit of $600 to start the repair. I was informed that the cost would be almost $3600 because of worn and other parts needed. I told them to go ahead with the job since I was out $600 for them to take it apart. When the car was done I asked for the 3 year 3600 mile warrenty. The service writter said the owner will not give me the 3 year warrenty, but will offer 2 year 2400 mile warrenty at no addional costs. What could I do, I had no recourse but to pay and take the car. My daughter had another year and a half of school and she would be home. After driving the car for a week, the transmission was slipping from 1st to 2nd from the get-go. We brought the car back and they said they would change the fluid and adjust it. It still slipped some after that. I called again and said she had to go back to school in a few days. I was told to have her drive it and if it got worse, to take it to the shop in Conn. Just less than 2 years later the reverse did not work suddenly. I immediately took the car back and the service writter(new person). He look up our record and got the milage off the car. He took out his calculater and said the milage was 24600 (600 miles past the warrenty)since they repaired it. He would have the cars trans examined and talk to the owner of the shop and get back to me. I asked him if he could have the owner call me to explain it because I had a funny feeling they would not fix it. Next day the service writter calls and tells me they can fix the trans for $2400 and give a 1 year 1200 mile warrenty.I said that was ridicules and could I talk to the owner about this and possibley negotiate it. I was told he was not there. Later I went there to pick up the car and asked to see the owner. He said he was not in. I started to tell him that fell I was cheated and rip off and that they could do something about it since it was only 600 miles past. All of a sudden a big man comes into the office and starts yelling at me. Said the transmision fluid was a quart low and it was burnt. Kindly take your car keys and get out. I went to our Saab service and we checked the trans fluid. It was full and a nice brite red. I was told by them that I probably had no recourse to do anythin about this since the cars warrenty was over the 2400 miles. If anybody out there can help me out or has any good advice on what I can do about it, please let me know. Thanks, Rich from Newark, Delaware Rich Newark, DelawareU.S.A.
Entity: New Castle, Delaware
Jun 23 2003
Aamco Transmissions ripoff consumer fraud ripoff Augusta Georgia
I purchased a 36 month warranty. Aamco headquarters now says I only have a 12 month warranty. Transmission failed 2 days after one year ran out they are truly a rip off I paid them 2157.44 dollars to rebuild my transmission. Terrible service. Roy Madison, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Augusta, Georgia
Apr 26 2004
AAMCO Total fraudulent job repair Dayton Ohio
I noticed a noise in my 95'mustang gt took it too AAMCO on Salem Ave because I thought they could help me. The person told me no problem he would listen too it I thought in actuality that it was clutch work but he told me that the noise I was hearing was not the clutch he advised a transimission I was hesitant but agreed because he and the men showed me some parts saying this is why the noise occured. I paid 1500 dollars for a used transmission and from that day every thing was ok so for 2 1/2 months no problems I parked the car in the garage due to the winter weather. In June 2003 the same noise reaccured that I originally to it took it to them for repair and I took it back to them major problems arose they didnt want to repairmy car; my trunk of my car was damaged ;I made a report to the disrict manager the issue was not resolved the mechanics got nasty with the d/m. The d/m advised me to call corporate which I thought justice would be done till this day no justice from AAMCO do not recommend to deal with this branch on Salem Ave they should be closed. Corporate advised not to take back to Salem location. Took the car to another company they recommend to take to a transmission shop. Gwendolyn Dayton, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Dayton, Ohio
Oct 07 2003
AAMCO TRANSMISSION ripoff Mississauga Ontario
I had my transmission and clutch rebuilt at AAMMCO, what a mistake! I have had nothing but problems with the car! 2 months after it was supposedly rebuilt, it had to go back to AAMCO again. The transmission was done again, this time the supposedly used heavy duty parts. about 3 months went by, the transmission was grinding again and noisy. Seeing as I got such lousy service at the original AAMCO, I decided to take it to a different AAMCO. They told me that the transmission needed to be bled, not knowing anything about transmissions I took their word for it. I was not happy, but these people are suppossedly know what they are doing! Now that the warranty is up, what a surprise the car is sitting in my driveway with no tranny left in it. I paid 3000 to get this thing fixed, and very poorly I might add! I expect the tranny to last more than a year, what a rip off this place is. I phoned the main AAMCO in PA, what a bunch of useless idiots. Just pass your call, or never return calls. Can anybody recommened any solutions? thanks I filed with the BBB in Canada, and the US hopefully they can help? Kris mississauga, OntarioCanada
Entity: Mississauga, Ontario
Aug 27 2004
AAMCO VERY SUSPECT AND QUESTIONABLE GLEN BURNIE Maryland
Tuesday 8/24/04 my mom calls, trouble with her car. transmission is slipping told she needs a pan gasket and transmission service by a local service company. they want $250 to do a transmission service. I live in florida and have 3 had trans service done before the pan gasket is part of the job and it is usually around $100 so I tell her look take it to another place and have the service done. I call AAMCO close to her we have all heard the commercials. But before I do i get the number and call the transmission place I talk to Chuck who says he is the service advisor. I am concerned and want to talk to the owner to let him know my mom is coming in and that I want the transmission serviced. I explain about the other company and the pan gasket leak and inquire how much to do a transmission service. I am told it will cost between $75 and $95 depending on the transmission. He Chuck also advises I should have the vehicle towed in to his shop so asw not to further ruin the transmission. I agree to the towing wed. 8/25/04 car is towed. Thursday 8/25/04 I call 10 am not looked at it yet. 1pm I call I am mistaken for another customer given a bunch of excuses why my dodge was not looked at, I tell chuck who I am and he appologizes and tells me he has good news the transmission seems ok it does have a leak but they cant find it yet it must be an internal hipressure leak. 10 minutes he calls me back and says that after further review and before I got my hopes up he wanted to let me know they they have discovered the transmission needs a soft rebuild. and that it has internal problems and it is chattering thus the seals and something else internal is bad. I said to him that I have had cars that have slipped if the fluid was low or burned did he take it apart or drop the pan to inspect it . Chuck said they have a special machine that does the test and he does not need to physicall inspect the inside of the transmission. Furthermore the fluid is not low or burned he said it was leaking earlier to me because we told him it had a leak and he was going on what I had told him. the transmission fluid was full there was no leak and the fluid was not burned. The repair was $1600 I told him I did not no what to do my folks are old on social security live in the projects of baltimore and have no money for this. I am trying to help from florida. He said he would park the car and there was no hurry in picking it up and that he would not charge me storage. I called my mom told her to take a cab and go get the car and drive it home that I would have my brother in pennsylvania see whatr he could do. I called chuck back at the glenburnie aamco and paid the bill over the phone $101 when talking to chuck while paying he says to me oh by the way under the car you'll see alot of transmission fluid someone has topped off the fluid and spilled it it was not us they had to add because of all the leaks I guess. I then said to him you told me there was no leak, which he denied. I reminded him that was the whole basis of the car needing a transmission job you know no burned fluid and fluid level fine. he denied saying the car did not leak. I sent my mom to get the car she told me it slipped on the way home, My dad went out and read the manual and said he checked the fluid with the car running in park no fluid showed up on dipstick, my mom went and got some my dad put it in til it registered where it should then my mom drove the car several times totaling approx.14 miles and my dad checked it again no loss of fluid yet and the transmission has not slipped again. My brother is coming down from pennsylv. and getting the car then I will finish the story. I sure do feel like we were getting the shaft. One thing through all this is that alot of people I talked to about this does say AAmco is a big ripoff and I found this website by typing in their name that ought to tell you something Phil sarasota, FloridaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Aamco Transmissions
Entity: GLEN BURNIE, Maryland