ADVANTAGE AMERICA Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Advantage America

There may be more reports for "Advantage America"

For more results perform a general search for "Advantage America"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Sep 27 2005
Advantage America RIPOFF Miami Florida
I was trying to get information on government grants. I am planning to go to grad school. I assume that on a website link they contacted me. I was told that I would receive at least $12,000 in government grant money within 7 months of the offer. I would have to agree to $49.95 or so through my checking account to cover the cost of shipping and handling of the packet. Inside this packet there would be an offer as an option for health insurance benefits. You had to cancel within seven days of receiving the first mailings. I received the $500 in free coupons (not) and like a fool, I sent off for about $13.00 for clipped coupons. I got the coupon offer about 3 days ago and I've been trying to phone them and tell them that I do not wish to accept the health insurance offer, and I wanted all account information erased. So far, all I get is a recording! I did write a letter and mail it personally. I guess that I was naive and didn't think that there would be people doing government scams. I am single, and was looking for an honest way to finance my graduate school. Sheila Summerville, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Miami, Florida
Sep 27 2005
Advantage America ripoff Atlanta Georgia
THEY HAVE MOVED ON FROM FLORIDA AND ARE NOW HITTING PEOPLE IN MAINE. LAST NIGHT MY HUSBAND RECEIVED THE SAME CALL AND THEY KNEW ALL OF OUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. THEY OFFERED US THE $12,500 FOR THE ONE TIME $49.95 FEE OF COURSE. HE FELL FOR IT! I DID A SEARCH ONLINE AND FOUND THE RIP OFF SITE. I AM GOING TO CALL OUR BANK IN THE MORNING AND PRAY TO GOD THAT I CAN STOP ANYTHING FROM HAPPENING. I HOPE SOMETHING CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS. I HAVE ALWAYS SAID IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEN IT REALLY IS!!!!!!!! MRS. Presque Isle, MaineU.S.A.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Sep 10 2005
Advantage America ripoff, BOGUS FEDERAL GRANT Winterpark Florida
I received a phone call at 1pm today (saturday) on my cell from a strange phone number (666-8006). I answered, and it was a man calling himeself Joseph Mckertish. He said that I was entitled to a 12,500 grant from the government for being ontime with my taxes, and some other crap that he told me. Anyway, he kept rambling on about some kind of $500 grocery money, and talked to me for about 5 minutes straight about everything, and it sounded a little too good to be true because he said that I would get this money as soon as I filled out some paperwork, and sent it back to him. Then he wanted to know my bank number, and immediately a big red flag came to mind. He got VERY defensive when I said I was leary about giving out my bank account number over the phone, and gave me some Bull Sh** about how they used to send checks but they always got lost or something. Anyway, if anyone from this scam of a company calls you, DO NOT give them your info!!!! I didn't, and I am glad, because then I looked up the company on the internet, and found several claims on this site about it. Don't let them scam you!!! Dianna Indianapolis, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: Winterpark, Florida
Sep 10 2005
Advantage America ripoff, government grant scam Nationwide
I reicieved a phone call from a company called Advantage America they said they were a grant company for Goverment grants. asked me a few questions didnt ask for any money said i will recieve $12,500 by next business day. When I said please hold while I verify the information online and through the other phone they hung up, unfortunatley not berfore they got my checking acct. #. Kelly Middletown, OhioU.S.A.
Oct 06 2005
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
Advantage America is rip-off, scam. They told me that they would first deposit money into my account $12,000 then and only then would they take out money to pay for someone else's grant. This company is Advantage America 1900 Hollow Branch Rd. Winter Park FL. 32792 ph# 1-800-410-1682. Dawn Lafayette, IndianaU.S.A.
Oct 18 2005
Advantage America Definite ripoff!! Fort Wayne Nationwide
Watch out for this definite scam. I was almost taken by them. They prey on mainly students, disabled, and poor people who are vulnerable to scams like this. They claim that the Federal Government is providing you with a grant for $12,500 to be used on anything of your choice and all that is needed is a one time fee of $49.95. The two times I was called the representatives have had very thick accents and there was a great deal of background noise so it was hard to hear them. I was lucky because I asked them to call back later to talk to my husband, which gave us time to call around and check out some reputable sources who advised us not to participate in this offer. They asked for my bank account number so they could deposit my grant money. When I asked them why I was chosen I was told that it was because I was over the age of 18, a US citizen, and that I was chosen at random according to a Congressional law that was past that required the government to give tax money back to the citizens. The second time I was called I asked for a phone number that I could verify that they were truly who they said they were and I got the run around. I kept asking questions and eventually the woman hung up on me. Please be careful and do not give them any information. I feel so bad for the people who were trustworthy and believed in these monsters. I hope that they will be brought to justice very soon. Be sure to read the other reports for more information about this scandalous company. Jennica Fort Wayne, IndianaU.S.A.
Oct 22 2005
Advantage America ripoff dishonest fradulent government grants Nationwide
A guy named Steve that sounded like he had an Arabian accent,that said he was with a company called Advantage America called promissing a federal/government grant of 12,500. After talking to him for not even a couple of minutes he got frustrated that I couldn't understand him through his accent and transfered me to a female named Jen that also had an Arabian accent. She had me transfered to an automated machine that would ask you 10 questions about you address, name,and account number to make sure everything was correct. Then was transferd back to Jen, to confirm my so called Grant ID number. After doing some research online my husband came across this web site. After reading other reports filed about the fake company we realized that it was bogous, so we had to contact our bank to get our account info changed. They already charged my account of 49.95, but hopefully we'll be able to avoid any further problems with this scam. Joseph Santa Maria, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Dec 15 2005
Advantage America ripoff offering free money Winter Park Florida
I recently received a phone call from a man with an accent claiming that I had been one of 20,000 people in Pennsylvania selected to receive a $12,500 grant from the government. This person told me that since I paid my taxes and was over 18 years old I would be able to receive the grant. After explaining to me that out conversation was being recorded for governmental purposes he went on to ask me a few questions. He began by asking me if I had a middle name, so I told him my middle name. Then he asked what bank I went through and I learily told him the name of the bank, from which he was able to find my routing number for my checking account. He told me to write down all of his information so that I would have it just in case. I had a hard time understanding him but I wrote down the address as he spelled it to me. Then he said that he just needed my checking account number and I would be able to go to the three way teleconference to receive my identification number. At this point I was becoming a bit skeptical about the whole issue and I asked him if he would be able to mail me this information so that I would be able to read over it because I did not feel comfortable giving such a number over the phone. He told me that it was too much for the government to send out this information to all 20,000 people, but I did not believe him. He could tell that I was beginning to think the entire thing was a scam so he tried to convince me that no one could do anything with my routing number and checking account number. He used the sinerio that if I were to write a $500 check out to someone, they would not be able to get into my account and take out $1000, which sort of made sense. He kept trying to get the checking account number out of me and I got so frustrated that I just told him I would appreciate if he could e-mail me this information and I hung up. Less than 15 seconds later he called me back and asked me why I hung up. He tried to explain the entire thing to me again and how he was part of the government and in order to get this free money he would need my checking account number. He tried to make me feel bad by asking me why I would not want this refund for paying my taxes from the government. In an attempt to get rid of him I finally told him that I did not have my checking account number on me at the time and I had somewhere that I had to be shortly. He agreeded to call me back at around the same time the next day. That evening I search the internet for Advantage America and found a similar Rip-off report. I decided that it was definitely a scam and the next day I told him I was not interested and hung up the phone. Susan Lancaster, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Dec 13 2005
Advantage America Fast talking, non-understandable speaking, ripoffs Winterpark Florida
So, I got a call on my cell phone and the number that popped up was 666-8006. I shouldn't have answered any call beginning with 666. Someone was trying to tell me something. Anyhow, they promised me the 12,500 grant, not to be repaid and that all I had to do was allow them to debit my acct the $49.95 in two days. Well it is the 13th and I can't wait to see what happens on the 15th. I was excited at first, but then came home and wanted to see what I just did, so I tried looking up their website-impossible. The only reason I know that this compnay is a ripoff is because I punched in their phone number and this site came up. My God, can people be any more low than to scam college students and this is a deal that sounds really good. But as soon as I read all of these reports I put a stop payment on that debit. My bank was kind enough to not even charge me!!! Thank goodness. But I do agree, without being racist or biased to any other nationality that I did speak with two different Hindu/Indian accented people. Actually the first person I spoke with was rude becaus I asked her to hold on, as I couldn't understand her nor could I hear her, phone was losing the signal, and it hung up. She called me right back and said, Ma'am all I want to know is if you want the grant or not and I said Yes I am still interested she then said, Well why did you hang up on me? But she yelled it at me. I was like, wow, is it that serious that she needs to raise her voice, b/c my phone faded???? Then I asked them about that $299 fee for whatever the hell service it was and the guy said, don't worry it will be explained in the package Well I won't be getting a package and if I do please believe that I will call that damn company and cancel whatever the hell it was that costs that much and call my bank. I will probably end up switch acct numbers or something in the near future. But this is a disgusting and lewd act. DO NOT LET THEM DO IT TO YOU TOO. If they call you on a cell phone and you are not at home DO NOT AGREE TO ANYTHING. But if you feel safe with it- more power to you. Krystal Alexandria, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Florida
Dec 14 2005
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
I received a call on 12/10/2005 from a man claiming he was from the Federal Goverment and that I have been approved for a Grant. The amount would be $600. He explained to me that that i would reieved the money on 12/12/05. Justin Cooper, he claimed to be on the phone. He told me that I would not be charged any fees because I had already been approved for the grant. On 12/12/05 I had not receive the money. I contacted the company and asked them why I not recieved it. They explained to me that I was just a good canidate and that I would have to apply for it still. I called my bank and told them what had happened. They tried to work with me by getting my money back. They ended up telling me that it was to late and the money had already gone through. I told my bank about this web site and they agreed to file an Aphidavid. I haven't recieved word yet but am looking forward to it. If there is anyone that can help me please contact me! Conrad Garden City, KansasU.S.A.
Dec 15 2005
Advantage America ripoff, Federal Grant Ripoff, ID Theft Nationwide
Several times this week, I have been getting phone calls where someone with a mid-west American accent asks for my name, then the call is switched to an Indian-accented person (either a woman or a man) who tells me that they are offering Federal grants. Because I have dealt with them before under another alias (at least, I think so), I just go ahead and tell them that I am going to report them to the FBI. I tell them that not to alert them but to give me a chance to hang up on them. Since they just try to keep people on the phone and I was so pissed off at them. I needed a way to just break off their incessant patter. Cynthia Salinas, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jan 25 2006
Advantage America ripoff, con artist, scam Winter Park, Florida
I received a call from a man with a heavy Indian accent. I tried to tell him I did'nt want it but it did no good. Now I have to pay the bank $131.74 for nothing. I called their toll free number [1-866-503-7345] and could not talk to a supervisor. I gave the lady on the phone H~ll but that did no good either. I've changed my account now because I'm afraid they will take more from me. Now it will cost more for new checks. Larry Rickman, TennesseeU.S.A.
Jan 10 2006
Advantage America SCAM ripoff Winter Park Florida
This company called my husband and claimed to have a free grant. He gave our information, and two days later when we didn't hear anything, I called.FIrst and foremost everyone I spoke to had a middle eastern accent, when I asked where they were located they told me Florida. I asked for a physical address and was told that it wasn't necessarty to give that out to consumers. So I asked to speak to a supervisor, and was informed that I could not speak to anyone, they were in a managers meeting. I asked to hold, I was then informed that my hold time could be an hour or more, so I obliged and said I would hold. Then the persone told me that my information was being reviewed and to give them 48 more hours. So I knew that it was a scam, and upon some more investigation I found this website and THANK GOD! I called my bank immediately and spoke to the fraud department. They were well aware of this company and told me that I would have to close my account. But because I have outstanding checks and payroll coming that they COULD put a hold on my account while I cleared those matters up, and then I could close and open a new one. This company is BOGUS, BEWARE! Brad & rebecca Madison Heights, MichiganU.S.A.
Jan 13 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
My mother is on a fixed income. She received a call from these people stating she was going to get a grant from the government. She gave them her bank information ie: routing number account number etc. They withdrew $49.95 one time and then $299.95 another time. When inquired at the bank to send duplicate checks I telephoned this company. What a nightmare. They put you on hold and are told to check in every minute or so and the supervisor is never given the call. One guy named Mike Tan actually sang a song as he was mocking me. Asked me if I heard of Tom Jones, Goldilocks and the three bears, Peter Pan, Incredible Hulk and on an on. This lasted for two hours. Then he finally hung up on me when we had words. Don't Give these people any personal information. They ned to be investigated, prosecuted and put in prison. There scam is that they promise you a grant and as a consolation give you grocery coupons that cost money and are actually worthless. They also promise you telephone long distance minutes. Beware this is a huge scam. They employ many young individuals who basically have no conscience of participating in this theft. Gene Bend, OregonU.S.A. Gene Bend, OregonU.S.A.
Jan 13 2006
Advantage America Grants ripoff Nationwide
I am frequesntly getting calls from this organisation saying that I was eligible to receive the grants 12500. I need to provide them the bank details where money will be directly credited. When I ask more details about this to the person who called me he could not tell answer. I asked what is the time over there. He was saying 4-30PM ,then 1-30PM etc. He disconnected the phone by himself. Please don't belive anyone if they are asking ur personal details over phone. These Bast..s should be killed without mercy. Pav Iselin, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Nevada
91, Report #172002
Jan 16 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
They are lying a**holes I just felt they asked for to much info after I thought about it after I gave them my info. So I got on the internet and typed Advantage America in and found this. I am so upset. I thought I was getting a grant for 12,500. I guess not. Be careful out there some people just dont have any home training. Latoria Columbus, OhioU.S.A.
Feb 04 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
this company has stolen 299.95 from our bank account without my permission. and being that they had taken everthing we had for this week with no way to go buy grocery this week being a mother of four that hurts because i needed that money not for someone to steal it from me and my family. this company needs to be stop. if there is anybody that could help me out please do so. Laura baxley, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Feb 10 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
I received a phone call about a month ago. Not sure of the name of the person i was talking to it was hard to understand. He told me he was working with bank of america and i was going to get a grant because i payed my taxes on time. All he needed was my bank information. He asked me a few questions that he said were recorded. He told me i needed to say no to all the questions. The fee of 49.95 was taken out and the grant wasn't put in. I got a welcome package talking about some type of benefits, that i remembered i said i didnt want. I needed to cancel within 7 days when i read that i called and cancelled. I had some problems with whoever i talked to, but he said he was gonna put in the computer that wanted to cancel. Its now 3 weeks later and 299.95 was taken out. I called Advantage America today and all that came out of it was that i cant cancel right now or i won't get money money back. I was getting no were. Iasked to speak to a supervisor but they happened to be busy. Erika bridgeville, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Feb 03 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
I recieved call from Company (Sean Micheals) Advantage America With all the same details, I would recieve 12,500.00 with in 24 hrs For paying taxes on time and being a good citizon never being in trouble.. They said there would be a one time prossesing fee of 49.99 that could be withdrawn from my account after the grant money was avalible w in 24 hr.. Well no $$$$ But they got theres on Jan 5 2006.. I called the # several times They are allwaays very busy and there is never a manager os superviser avalible. The just keep saying a welcome letter will come and the the $$ would be avalible..ON jan 3106 They called agian (before I found out they were ripoffs) That there company had made a huge mistake and the did not want any unhappy cust. they verified my info And said this money would be in my account 2 to 3 days (STILL WAITING) This company has not got me for the $$ 299.95 thank god because I had to close my account etc etc etc This company Should be sued and should pay every one $12500.00 just because there a bad company and should do what they are offering to all people they affected.My bank is working on getting my charges back But How do I know that there not selling my info to other people.. I want them to be taught a lesson and pay us what they offered.. THEY LIE THEY LIE they need to be taught a lesson and we need to get what we deserve in return... Wendy fort bragg, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Feb 02 2006
Advantage America Benefits ripoff Florida
These people are getting your account number and telling you that you are going to get no risk money from the goverment and if not your fees will be refunded. They say that there are no refunds unless you complete the program and this takes six months. They sound to be of Asian decent or India, and they all have americann names and the don't give last names. They keep asking you about a welcom letter with coupons. This is a total ripoff and something needs to done about these people. Mario Winona, MississippiU.S.A.
Entity: Florida
96, Report #199286
Jul 03 2006
ADVANTAGE AMERICA ripoff WINTER PARK Florida
In November 2005, I received a call from a represetative for Advantage America who claimed he was calling from the U.S. Grants division and that I had won a grant for $10,000. When I asked how they got may name he stated that I was chosen from a lottery of people who filed the taxes on time. I know this sounds stupid and I was dumb for believing any of it. This guy was foriegn and it was hard to understand him. He went on to say that the money was absolutely free and that all he needed from me was my checking account number (nothing would be taken from my account). The trickery of the whole situation was when I had approve everything, I was told that I would be put on hold and then i would be asked questions from the automated system. The problem was the agent kept talking OVER the automated system and I couldn't understand what was being said. He told me to just say yes to get through the process faster. Of course a few weeks later, I learned that my account was debited $300 from Advantage America. After speaking with my bank, they played the phone conversation back and of course there was no voice talking over the automated system. All I could hear was me saying yes to several things that I never heard on the original call! After numerous attempts to talk with a Manager or supervisor, I still haven't heard from them and this is now JULY 2006! But I'm not through with Advantage America. I want to know why our government is still allowing these type of organizations to prosper? Javonna NASHVILLE, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: WINTER PARK, Florida
Mar 06 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
My boyfriend received a call from Advantage America and was told that he would be getting free grants for a one time yearly fee of $49.95. of course this was charged to my account. A couple of days later there was another charge of $299.95 to my account which was never authorized by me. Of course I didn't like this so i called in to cancel the transaction. Next thing I know I'm being charged a monthly fees of $19.95. So, I called them again to cancel the payments but this time they wouldn't even let me. My boyfriend talked to them too and told them he wanted to close the account but they kept saying they couldn't. what do i do to get my money back? Linda San Diego, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Feb 27 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winter Park Florida
About 2 weeks ago I received a call from Advantage America saying that I could receive $5000 of a US government grant. The lady told me that I would receive the money in my checking account in 2 business days. She told me that 69.95 would be taken out of my account for processing and that it would not be taken out until the $5000 was put in to my account. I went over this with the woman on the phone numerous times making sure that I would not have any money taken from my account until i received my government grant. Just recently I look at my bank statment and see that $69.95 has been taken out of my account and no money has ever been put in. I tried calling Advantage America numerous times and was given the run around. Everytime I would call they would tell me that they do not have an account for me and I should just wait for the welcome package to come in my mail. Its been over 2 weeks and nothing has come in the mail. At this point I now know that this is a RIP-OFF and I am determined to get my money back. Kendra asbury park, New JerseyU.S.A.
Mar 09 2006
ADVANTAGE AMERICA ripoff Wincerter Florida Florida
ONE MORNING A COMPANY CALL MY FRIEND SAYING THAT HIS ELEIGIBLE TO BE GRANT AN AMOUNT OF TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLAR IF THEY WILL HE WILL LET THE COMPANY DO IT FOR HIM.. HE SAID NO BUT THE WOMAN ON THE PHONE IS KEEP ON CALLING HIM, THE WOMAN SAID THEY KNOWS EVRYTHING ABOUT HIM IS A GOOD TAX PAYER AND ITS RIGHT, HE CONVINCE ME TO RIDE OD MY CREDIT CARD CAUSE HIS MY BEST FRIEND I LET HIM. WHAT THEY DO IS THEY RECORD YOUR VOICE TO ALL THE CONVERSATION THAT YOU DO EVRYTHING. AND MANY THINGS HAPPEND THEY SEND SOME FLYERS 1000 COUPON ETC.. THEY TOOK MAY AROUND 700$ ON MY ACCOUNT AND MY FRIEND PAY IT TO ME AND WE WAIT AND WE WAIT WHAT HAPPEND WE NEVER HEAR FROM THEM ANYMORE AND THE PROBLEM IS THEY ALSO PUT THIS CREDIT ACOUNT TO ANOTHER COMPANY OR TELEPHONE COMPANY TAKE AWAY LIKE 60$ ON MY ACCOUNT WHEN WE CALL OF COURSE WE ARE DISSAPOINTED AND ANGRY ABOUT THEM THEY SAID WE HAVE EVRYTING ABOUT YOU ON FILE WE CAN SUE YOU THATS WHAT THEY SAID MY FRIEND JUST FEEL SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE THAT HE DO NOW I DONT SEE HIM ANYMORE AND THIS JANUARY 2006 AND FEBRUARY IVE SEEN ON MY CREDIT CARD THAT THIS ADVANTAGE AMERICA IS TAKING MY MANY AMOUTING $19.99 PER MONTH WHEN I CALL THEM THEY SAID THAT IS FOR THE INSURANCE OF MEDICARS THAT BENIFITS MY FRIENDS AND NOT REFUNDABLE. I TOLD THEM THAT HIS I DONT LONGER SEE HIM ANYMORE SO PLEASE STOP TAKING AWAY MONEY ON MY CREDIT CARD THEY TOLD ME TO CALL THEM AGAIN. THE NAME OF THE LADY IS CRIS THE LAST PERSON THAT I HAVE TALK I,D NO.4568 SHE DONT WANT TO TELL HER NAME IM CALLING THEM NOBODY ANSWERING THERE PHONE JUST A COMPUTERIZED MESSAGE SAYING IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION PLEASE SEND US A LETTER. Alison maryland, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Wincerter Florida, Florida
Apr 17 2006
Advantage America ripoff Winnerpark Florida
I also have been abused of with this company they call you on the phone tell you that you have won a government grant and they promise you all these things they get supervisors to aprove the trans action and then they pull the money from your bank account. I called and got into a big discussion with one of the employees he just kept telling me I'll send you the package out right away I requested multiple times to speak to a supervisor but that was like a joke to them. I got robbed for a so called one time charge of $49.95 on 1/24/06 and if that wasn't enough they got me for $299.95 more on 2/7/06. They told me I would receive a call from my bank so that I would approve the transaction there was never no call to or from my bank. I feel used and disgusted that there are such people in this world and they should not be able to get away with monstrosities like this. I am a single mother of three working hard to make it in life and people who work for a company like this have no morals or respect for the human race. Sandra Union City, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Winnerpark, Florida