ALLIED INTERSTATE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Allied Interstate

There may be more reports for "Allied Interstate"

For more results perform a general search for "Allied Interstate"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

1, Report #120078
Nov 27 2004
Allied Interstate Ripoff Harassment from Allied Interstate Mesa Arizona
For months this agency called our number. Wondering who they were we finally decided to respond to find out what it was about. In speaking with a Craig Knight I found out they were trying to collect a debt owed to a Roomstore in Md. Since we have never in our life bought anything at a Roomstore he was told this fact. From there it went downhill. I was accused of lying, yelled at and told to just pay the bill because it was ours and we were just deadbeats (total bill they claim is $5000.00 some dollars). We have paid every bill that we have ever incurred in our lifetime and this really p-ss-d me off. Subsequent calls and requests to stop calling only resulted in more calls. When we requested information about this debt they could not (or would not) give us any information. In one call I did manage to get the last 4 digits of a social security number associated with this debt out of one of them. I told them it was not any part of any number in our family. Told them again it was not our debt and told them we had been assured in a recent phone call that they would stop calling. While I was making this statement, I was told to - go to h*ll, and hung up on. Out of frustration I contacted several Roomstore's in our area and guess what - no one can find anything about any sale in our name or address or phone number. I am ready to file a complaint with the FTC as I shouldn't have to put up with this harassment. Ruth Elkridge, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Mesa, Arizona
Apr 15 2005
Allied Interstate ripoff! Nationwide
I've been getting calls from Allied interstate for about a month now. I've answered one of 8 calls. And when I proceded to call them back today, they tell me I owe $776, for what, they would not say. I proceded to ask why nothing has shown up on my cell phone bill, and they still would not say. Then whoever was on the phone started up with an attitude and said that I was prank calling them. They hung up, and called back. I then said I'd like to know what these charges are for, once again he asked for my #, and I gave it to him. He asked me if my name was ___{{leaving blank}} and I told him no. He said, OK, we'll take you off the list then. Don't give into Allied Interstate. Katy Lakemoor, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Oct 28 2004
Allied Interstate ripoff Mesa Arizona
No matter how many times I tell them the individual lives here, they continue to call and will not remove my phone number from their list. Kevin Olympia, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: Mesa, Arizona
Jan 12 2006
Allied Interstate ripoff Columbus Ohio
I was origanally contacted Wednesday, December 28th 2005. I was driving home and asked her to call me the next day @ noon, she agreed. I missed their call(from a blocked number) at 3:55pm.(no message left) They continued to call me every day for the next couple of weeks at about 11am. I answered every one of thier calls. every time I picked up the phone I said hello a couple times then about 10 seconds later you would here a click from them hanging up. once again this was from a blocked number. Today, january 12th 2006, they called, and acctually talked to me. she said that if i did not pay today i would be recomended to some other companey i talked to her and explaned what was going on, she said there may have been a glitch. i said that i was on the road and didnt have the info right then. she said that she would call back at exactly 4:30pm. At 4:50 i did an online search for there phone number since, she never called back. i found there number and called at 4:49pm, and got a message saying that there office closed at 5 pm and to call back durring buissnes hours. Mark novi, MichiganU.S.A.
Jan 17 2007
ALLIED INTERSTATE ripoff TIGARD Oregon
UNITED BUSINESS INSTITUTE WAS NOT FOR ME NOT BECAUSE I JUST DIDNT LIKE IT, BUT BECAUSE I WAS 17 YEARS OLD (NOT THE AGE OF LEGAL CONSENT FOR A SCHOOL LOAN) BUT ALSO BECAUSE IT MOVED AWAY OVER NIGHT. I DIDNT MIND THAT AFTER 20 YEARS AND ONE PRISON SENTENCE AND LIKE 3 HOSPITALS AND NO PROBLEMS LATER THEY STARTED CALLING AND CALLING ABOUT MY LITTLE PROBLEM BACK IN 1989, AND HARRASING ME A MENTALLY ILL GUY WHOS ONE STEP FROM BEING ON THE STREET. I DONT LIKE TO WRITE LIKE THIS BUT CAN I HELP IT IF THEY CANNOT KEEP THE RECORDS STRAIGHT. I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MY RIGHTS AND MY DUTIES TO FIND THE FREEDOM PACK THAT I MUST HAVE LOST BECAUSE THEY KEEP HARANGUING ME. LIVE FREE Thomas TIGARD, OregonU.S.A.
Entity: TIGARD, Oregon
Sep 17 2006
Allied Interstate, ripoff Columbus Ohio
I was contacted by this idiots on a debt for Sears that was not only paid off a year ago, but it was paid off through Allied Interstate! When I told this guy (Mr. Fred Taylor) that it was paid off and it was through their firm that handled the debt he had the balls to ask me for proof. I gave this clown the original Allied account# and the date it was settled. That wasn't proof enough for him, he wanted the letter faxed! I asked him if they were in the practice of collecting debts without verifying them first? No response from him on that one. I told him that they should be able to verify this through their own records, but he still insisted I send him the proof the debt was settled and wanted to know if I could fax the information to him. I asked him for the fax number and sent him a cease & desist letter with the same information that I already gave him on the phone. I figure the letter was from them and I shouldn't make their job any easier. This place must not keep records very well to go as far to collect on the same debt that they already collected on! Eric Seaford, DelawareU.S.A.
Sep 28 2006
Allied Data , Allied Interstate Harrassed severly Houston Texas
So after spendig a nice afternon with my 3 children, while their father my husband is overseas for the military, I come home to here a message from someone from Allied data there exact words were these. This is Allied Data Corporation, we need to hear from you or your attorney by noon tomorrow central standard time! Ok they didn't say who they were trying to contact or what is was about. So they could have been trying to call Ms Cindy Lou Who for all I know. Since I had no idea who this was or what it was baout I decided to look it up online, thank goodness I did so. I sold Avon for about a month in 2005 right after my husband had come home from overseas the first time. Although it was only for a month it took much needed time away from my family so I decided to stop. There were way to many people here selling it and i didn't make the money I felt I was supposed to be making. I sent the products I had back although just like another person, they were returned, because they were refused. Well I refuse to be bullied by people who pretend to be something they aren't. I'm sure this was just the first of many harrasing phone calls which I will recieve. Please let me know about any lawsuits being filed against these awful people. April Ft Carson, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Houston, Texas
Jul 31 2005
Allied Interstate the collection agency from Hell Columbus Ohio
I received a letter from Allied Interstate, saying that I had a delinquent AOL account in the amount of $95.60. This account had been sent to them because of failure to pay. I don't have an AOL account, so I called to see what this was about. I spent an entire afternoon trying to reach Allied at the number given in the letter. But I got a busy signal each time. After several hours without success, I decided to wait till close to closing time (they listed their hours). But even that call was unsuccessful. Finally, I decided to see if their phone rang at all, so I called an hour after closing time. I got a busy signal again. So I went on the internet and found another number to try. The next day, I used the other number, and had success. I spoke with a very nice woman named Mimi Powell (she's a supervisor). She explained that their accounts have been moved to an office in India, and that she had only limited access to account info. She even called the other number for me, and she said 2 people answered but she couldn't transfer my call (she tried). After hanging up, I called the other number. I didn't get that person's name. When I told him I didn't have an AOL account, he insisted that I did, and that I need to pay it. When I kept insisting that no, I did NOT have an AOL account, he suggested I call AOL and get a cancellation number, then call Allied back with that information. I called AOL and got everything straightened out. Turns out an old account had been accidentally reinstated. It was an error on their part. They cancelled the account, erased the debt, and gave me a cancellation number. I then called Allied again, to give them my AOL cancellation number. The rep (whose name is Sam) was reasonably polite until he realized he wasn't getting any money from me. He insisted that I had to pay this account RIGHT NOW. When I told him the account had been cancelled in Sept. 2004, he said No, it was cancelled in April 2005. You have not paid your bill, and that's why it was sent to us. You need to pay this today. I told him that I have a cancellation number, and he said We don't care about that. That won't do anything. You need to pay the bill or give us a letter from AOL stating that the account has been cancelled. I then hung up and called AOL to see if they could send me such a letter. They said no, they don't do that. So I called Allied again, and told them I couldn't get a letter from AOL to prove that my account had been cancelled, but that I did have a cancellation number. I was again told We don't care about that. A cancellation number won't do anything. We need a letter from AOL. Again, I called AOL, and again they told me they don't send letters like that. They advised me to just ignore any calls or letters I got from Allied. After 2 days, 16 phone calls, and 1 fax (to AOL), things seemed to be taken care of, at least for awhile. But this evening, at 5:15 PM, I got an automated phone call stating that there was an urgent matter involving a member of my household. Somehow, I knew it was from Allied, but I called the number given by the computer anyway. Sure enough, it was Allied. But it wasn't a person. I got an answering machine, telling me that they closed at 5 PM and urging me to call back during normal business hours. It looks like I'll be on the phone again Monday morning. These people are still trying to collect $95.60 that I do not owe. Elaine Kelseyville, CaliforniaU.S.A.
May 24 2005
ALLIED INTERSTATE Unbelievable HARASSMENT! ripoff COLOMBUS Ohio
These people have been calling us daily with recorded messages OR, a live person. When they get a hold of me, they call me names, hang up on me, and more. This is all over a long ago charge off, when my husband and I were robbed by a partner. It is long past the statute of limitations. When I tell them to stop calling here, they tell me, that I'm not going to tell them what to do and that they'll do exactly as they please. They say things like We're going to sue your ass, and all other kinds of things. They call my secretary, and say awful rude things to her to. I'm not sure yet where to report them, but I'm going to. They also have screwed up my credit by erroneously posting that this is a recent bad debt instead of a 6 year old bad debt! I'm quite sure they break every rule in the book on a daily basis. The employees there are true sickos, so, I know it must come from the top. I see quite a few postings about these guys, if you have more information on them please email me at Dnusser@aol.com Thanks, Dee Dee fallbrook, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: COLOMBUS, Ohio
Apr 20 2005
Allied Interstate ripoff dishonest SBC should fire Colombus Ohio
My SBC bill has been sent to Allied interstate back on march 20, 2005. they say that even though the trace i had put on my money order says that it was cashed by allied specialties trust, that i have not payed my bill... this was $189.00 that was supposed to go to SBC so that it was out of the credit bearue. I had to do this so that i could give my daughter a home of our own in june of this year (2005). they have STOLEN MONEY AND A FUTURE from my 1 YEAR OLD BABYGIRL!!! if they don't take it off of my credit i can't get my baby her home... this is sad when you have to go so low as to take from the future of a babygirl!! thanks for NOTHING ALLIED INTERSTATE!!! I HOPE SBC GETS RID OF YOU COMPLETLEY!!!!! Kayla jackson, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Colombus, Ohio
Mar 28 2005
Allied Interstate false information given to me Internet
telephone message left on answering machine, i returned call to interstate asking for the person who called, placed on hold, was told that person did not work there. i asked who was interstate, no answer given. i was asked if my last 4 digits of my ss # were such and such, i replied no, i asked again who was calling, again no reply. the caller then said they had reached the wrong person and hung up. i called back, was told this was a collection agency, they had the wrong info, i was not to be called, and my telephone number would be removed from their system. i was also told notes would be entered regarding this call. march 28th another call received, told no info had been entered into their system from previous call, but it would be today. J South Portland, MaineU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
Jan 20 2005
Allied Interstate ripoff, harassment, slander Minneapolis Minnesota
Allied Interstate saying that they are a debt collector keeps calling my parents in United States asking to speak to me. My parents said that I reside at their address and they also keep sending letters there, nonetheless. They claim to state that I took out a Student Loan and I did not--for I paid my way through college. I sent them a CEASE and DESIST letter through my attorney, and they continue to harass my parents. My Attorney sent this letter: We are advised by our client that your company have continued to harass my client over a period of approximately six months. Communication has been by way of mail and telephone. Your enquiries to our client concern a matter whom our client confirms he has no knowledge of, pertaining to a debt recovery matter--which the client has no responsibility. Our client has advised your company at each contact that does not live at a residence yet you persist to contact our client with your enquiries. You are hereby advised to cease and desist. You are hereby advised that our client has no knowledge of the matter you have created and under these circumstances, your company is to immediately cease any further contact with our client in this matter. In the event that your company makes any further contact with our client from this date forward by way of mail or telephone, we will initiate legal proceedings against your company without delay. You are hereby advised of the circumstances and expect that you will take note of this detail and cease to harass our client immediately. We consider this matter now closed. In the event of any future communications concerning this matter you are advised to forward all correspondence directly to the undersigned. I wait for the next move from Allied Interstate. Darren Staten Island, New YorkU.S.A.
Dec 02 2005
Allied Interstate ripoff Incessant nasty and threatening Nationwide
Approximately 6 months ago I began to receive calls from individuals (some rather difficult to understand) identifying themselves only as Allied Interstate (sometimes pronounced Allah Interest Rate). Sometimes they ask for me by my first name, other times by my last name. They hang up if I will not confirm that I am me. The calls are related to an outstanding account I have with Exxon/Mobil. The Allied Interstate reps claim that they have been authorized to collect this debt. At first, I was nice to them. I acknowledged the debt to E/M, explained that I had a heart attack an intended to take care of it after I returned to work. She insisted on getting a date when payment would be made, which I cannot yet provide, as I have not yet returned to work. She became annoyed (I could hear it in her voice, the calls had not yet become abusive), but noted this on my account. The calls continued, usually every 4 days, but sometimes more frequently, occasionally more than once a day. Each successive call became more and more abusive. The callers acknowledge that my report contains the information regarding my medical condition and lack of employment due to it, but insist that they must continue to call. Not only do they continue to call, now they question my honesty (if they read my credit history - which they threaten to destroy, they would see unpaid hospital and cardiologist bills as well - HMO's are WORTHLESS!) and integrity and my human worthiness (must be a hindu thing). I ask them why they insist on wasting their time calling me, as they know I can't pay right now, and they ask me how I am paying my other bills (I'm not, thanks for asking - I'm in forclosure, LIHEAP helps with my electric, and frankly, Allied Interstate is now at the very bottom of my list of who's getting paid this month). They nothing other than a first name, no location, and the CallerID shows either out of area or private caller. They know my situation. They know I am unable to pay right now, or even in the next few months, at best. The ONLY reason for their continued reapeated calling can be harassment. OK, now they're FAIR GAME. I am no longer interested in conversing with these cretins. I have informed them that when I am able to pay this bill, it will be paid to Exxon/Mobil, not to Allied Interstate. EVER. They can call me fifteen times a day, and waste all the time they care to spend telling me how they will somehow manage to make my bad credit history worse. hehe. Have at it. Right now I have nothing but time. Put in perspective, these dullards can actually be amusing. They would rather talk to me instead of someone who may actually pay be inclined to esend them a payment. How foolish. But then, what's to be expected from someone who's stupid enough to piss off a person they're trying to extract money from? Before I posted here, I read a number of other complaints regarding this and other collection agencies and occasionally there is a rebuttal from someone who actually performs ethical collections. This last note is for you: don't defend Allied Interstate, they give those of you who ARE professional a black eye! Will Newtown, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Nov 02 2005
Allied Interstate Harrasment by phone Columbus Ohio
I was behind on my credit card payment because I was taking care of a disabled parent and had no job. I wrote my cc company about my loss of income. well they got to doubling my credit card bill by uping the interest and adding 29.00 a month late fees with interest. Then I start getting calls from Allied Interstate. I found out they had me on auto dialer, which meant they called here from 8 am til 9pm, 7 days a week every 1 to 2 hours. this has went on for 3 weeks solid. When I finally made arangements with them, they still called in the same pattern. I had heated discussions twice with a woman. This last one was yesterday. She told me she would continue to call me until I paid the bill. (I had already paid half of it off in last week and a half). I told her again to not call here. She said she would call me until the bill is paid, and i told her i already reported her to the telephone company, and was going to contact the BBB and who ever I had to, she got smart and said well, Im still going to call you in 30 minutes, I told her if she did, I would find her. When I got home from work, I asked my mother had she called, and she said no. SO hopefully that did it. BUT, i doubt it. Marsha al, AlabamaU.S.A.
Oct 13 2005
Allied Interstate ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Southgate Michigan
I recieved a bill for from Allied Interstate Inc telling me that I owe MCI $138.53. The problem? I have never had MCI services. Not once in my life! I told my mother about it and she said she wanted to call them. So I gave her the bill and she called them. The lady who answered her call was really rude. She wouldn't let my mother know anything about the bill sent to me or anything. She just blew her off and my mother hung up on her. I don't know why someone would send me a bill for services I never recieved. It's sad. It kind of hurts that someone would want to take my money from me for something like this! Is there any way to take care of this? Stacy Franklin, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Southgate, Michigan
Oct 18 2005
Allied Interstate harrasment, improper business practices, RIPOFF Minneapolis Minnesota
To whome it concerns, I am writing this to let others know they are not alone. Allied interstate is a collection company of sorts. I have recieved phone calls from them for better than a month, without finding out what the reason for the calls is. They call several times a day and then hang up when they are questioned. I have managed to get some of them to tell me who they represent (Allied Interstate) and that is about it. Even when they have gotten the person they wish to speak to they never explain what it is about. They always hang up. This is harrasment. If they were a legitimate buisness then they would be unafraid and prepared to answer the typical questions a person would ask. Would you just accept a phone call for some one you care about and just let anyone know anything about them without first knowing what it is regards to? I wouldnt. They try to hide behing the privacy act. Yet they were not even forthcoming with information when they spoke to the person they were attempting to reach. It is tantamount to children making prank phone calls. One question I would like to have answered is what kind of legitimate company would hire these type of people to handle accounts for them? Is it that companies only care about getting their money more than they care about their one time customers? Of the six or seven times I called to speak with them in an attempt to resolve this I was hung up on all but one time. This person worked in thier Columus Ohio office and actually attempted to help me resolve this. However the name and number they were calling did not show up on his records. So I attempted to reach thier Minneapolis office and only reached voice mails. Seems they are as afraid to answer thier phones as they are making us. This number is (952)595-2000 try it yourself maybe you will have better luck than I. If you are being harrased as I have been. please do something about it. Jc Golden, MissouriU.S.A.
Nov 10 2005
Allied Interstate Very rude Ripoff Columbus Ohio
The company called the house looking for my sister. I told the lady that she was not home. She wanted to leave her name and number. I asked her did my sister already have, she said no and I wanted to know what it was regarding. She said a personal business mattter and I ask her the company and she wouldn't tell me. I told her that if it was important my sister should already have the information and would contact her. I told her since she couldn't tell me what it was concerning i was not going to take a message. Then she got smart and said that better help my sister with a lawyer and hung up. In about ten minutes my sister called the company back and talked to a Ms. Linda. My sister explained to her that the lady that called was rude with her sister and that is her phone in her name and that she should have not talked to her sister that way. Then Ms. Linda was getting rude and saying that they cannot give information to anyone, and my sister said that if they cannot say waht the call is regarding then they do not need to call my sister phone and getting smart with her when she pays the phone bill. Fallon Canton, OhioU.S.A.
Apr 21 2006
Allied Interstate ripoff EXPLAIN THIS ONE!! Columbus Ohio
This one..is REALLY Funny..I Keep Getting..HARRASSED..By Allied..Have Been For The Last..1 1/2 YEARS..Over A Debt That Is NOT Mine..But Because I Got..An Old Phone Number That Belonged To Someone That Owes.This Debt..I Have TOLD And TOLD These People..I Am Not This Person..And I've Had This Number For 1 1/2 Years..They Get Mad Raise HELL..Then Say They Will Take My Number Off..But..Wooo Hooo..In 2 Days Good..Old..Allied Calls Me Back..Cussing Me Out Again...Then Have The NERVE..To Ask Me If I..Know This Person..Or Can I Contact Them....HELLO..Just Because I Live In The Same Town As This..Person..DOES NOT..Mean I Know Everyone That Lives Here..Geezz..And George..DUH..GET A LIFE..You Say Your Company Is..SOOOO...Up And Up..LOL...The Way You..CUSS..People On Here..PROVES...You Do The Same At Work..If You Want People To..THINK..Your Company Is So..WONDERFUL..Then Maybe You Should..STOP Cussing And Act Like A Real Man..Not A 10 Year Old Kid..Your Company Has Been Caught With Their Hands In The Cookie Jar..Allied Workers LIES..CUSSES...And You Sir Are A PERFECT exsamle..Of What Allied Is All About..PS: Keep Up The GOOD Work..George..Let Us All See The TRUE..Allied Spirit...:):) August Rich Creek, VirginiaU.S.A.
19, Report #199775
Jul 06 2006
Allied Interstate Continually Calling Wrong Person Columbus Ohio
For about 6 weeks I have been getting taped calls from a Christie at allied interstate telling me to call about a matter that might involve me. I finally got tired of running to the phone to get the same message so I contacted the number given. I was asked to verify my name, which I did, and then I was asked for the last 4 digits of my social security #. I said no and asked who Allied Interstate was and what was the nature of their business. The said that they would tell me if I gave me the soc sec info. We went around in circles. I swore at them and they hung up. I repeated the process several times. I then called the NYS Atty General's office they informed me that I should file a complaint , and I would need the company's address.I called several more times to get an address for Allied Interstate. They would give me no info, but asked for my soc sec info. I swore, they hung up. I googled the commpany and got another # in Ohio. She was nice enough to give me an address and to tell me that the company was trying to collect a cingular wireless bill for $717 from someone with the same name. I have never been a cingular customer. I called cingular and eventually managed to get to talk to a customer service rep. I told her of the situation and told her that cingular wireless was also going to be included in my complaint to the AG. For some reason she put me on a 3 way call with Allied Interstate. She put me and the Allied interstate rep on hold , at which time he started badgering me about my soc sec info I swore , he hung up. I finally was put in touch with a supervisor, who determined that I was not a cingular customer and owed them nothing. She attempted a 3 way call with allied interstate, misdialed and we were all disconnected. I called cingular and after some resistance I was put in contact with a Larry Bishop in cingular collections. He determined that I was not a cingular customer and I owed them nothing. I asked him to do a 3 way call with Allied Interstate to let them know that I was the wrong person. He got ahold of Allied interstate and was put through to a supervisor. He identified himself and explained the situation, I DID NOT SWEAR and the supervisor hung up on both of us. I later called the corporate office and was told that my phone # was finally marked as a wrong number in their computer system. I however would not be surprised if they started to contacting me by mail. They somehow found my phone number I would expect them to find my address. William Jamesville, New YorkU.S.A.
20, Report #201538
Jul 17 2006
Allied Interstate ripoff Fraudulent Letter Columbus Ohio
I received a letter from Allied Interstate alleging representation for Prism Capital Resources II,LLC. and that I owe them $46.04. I called the number on the letter and informed them that I do not owe any such amount and that I hadn't even been a member since 2000. What was surprising is that they had my current address which isn't even in the same state as I was in when I was a BMG member and Allied Interstate claims their client (BMG) gave them the address. That was just so foxing. Anyways,when I firmly told them I owed nothing on my account and was certainly not paying them a cent the representative on the phone said I shouldn't worry about it and that he'd take care of it. When I called back a few minuted later just to find out what they'd do about an account that was supposedly due for collection I was told the account had already been closed. That was definitely the fastest resolution of a delinquent account by a Debt Collection Agency & in my experience was all too suspicious. PLEASE BEWARE OF ALLIED INTERSTATE AND THEIR FRAUDULENT COLLECTION LETTERS. Sandeepraj Waltham, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Mar 08 2006
Allied Interstate ripoff Tonawanda New York
Please note from a previous post listed under Caldata Incorporation, I made this same complaint. Because When I searched the phone number for an address this is what came up. Now I have found out that the name of the collection agency is Allied Interstate out of NY. Beginning Feb 15,2005 upon a visit to my Mothers home this agency started calling her house. They wanted to speak with me about a credit card that I supposedly had. Finally, I hung up on them, because they refuse to verify or send me a bill. Every other day they call my Mothers home. They are very rude, have threatened me with a suponea, etc to my Mother. We have since been recorded the conversations and they are aware of this. My Mother has asked them repeatedly to stop calling her home. When I reported this to FTC.GOV, they could not understand why they refuse to give an address. I was told they have broken several laws. 1. Talking to someone other than me about this so called debt. 2. Threated me with court action to my Mother. 3. Being rude and abusive. Finally after doing a reverse phone search I found the address and now plan on sending it in to my report with The FTC. And will send a letter to cease and desist. I was also told from the FTC that this could possibly be an identy theft as they were trying to verify SS numbers with my Mother. I do not mind paying a bill if it is mind, but I do not recall having a credit card with this compuCredit they claim. What makes these people think they are above the law? What I also found interesting was the number of lawsuits dating back to 2002. Guess they would rather pay out the lawsuit money and continue to harrass. Connie Nashville, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: Tonawanda, New York
Jun 27 2003
Allied Interstate phone harrassment Internet nationwide
About 8 months ago I obtained a recycled new telephone number from a local copmany. Since then, I have been receiving a DAILY phone call from Allied Interstate. I did not even know what kind of company they were until I looked up the website. I know now that they are a collection agency, and from what I have read on the internet today, a very ignorant and unprofessional one at that. I have asked them several times to remove my number from there call list because they are looking for someone that had my phone number prior to me. I was assured that it would be taken care of, yet the calls have not stopped. I would just like to join the fight against Allied Interstate. There is power in numbers, and from what I have seen so far, with Allied displaying it's ignorance so freely, this battle shall be a quick and easy victory. Gina Las Vegas, NevadaU.S.A.
Entity: Internet, Nationwide
23, Report #61971
Jun 26 2003
Allied Interstate mysterious collection fraudulent ripoff businessNorth Carolina
Today I was called from an 800 number at my work. Yes, at my work. This company calls you and says call back at 800-440-8323. So, I called the number thinking it was a telemarketer asking them to remove my number from thier list. Their immediate response was what's your Social Security number, and I responded who are you? and what makes you think I'm going to give you my Social Security number. Then they finally expalin that they are a collection agency (Rudely). I then just verified my info with my home address. They told me they were collecting for an AT&T account with a number I didn't recognize. So, the next thing they tell me is to give them a credit card number, so I can be on my way. I told them to take a hike, and I would settle this with AT&T. So I call AT&T, they have no record of what I am talking about. So, I do a 3 way call with Allied Interstate and AT&T. Apparrently, Allied Interstate just got a collection from AT&T on June 21, 2003 for a collection due June 2000. I told them I have a clean credit record and that I would never be irresponsible to not pay my bills (and I do). You beter check again. Then I asked AT&T how it would be possible for me to get another account with the same social security number and not be red flagged for collections. How is it possible that I had never been informed by mail or phone prior to these 3 years and now I'm in collections? What the hell is that all about? Anyway, AT&T is investigating this mix up, while Allied Interstate is sitting there, all trigger happy, ready to put negative comments in my credit report and while I sit here in limbo .I will update this as I find out more. Rick West Covina, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: North Carolina
Aug 09 2004
Allied Interstate ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Minneapolis Minnesota
We thought we had paid a bill from SBC, later allied interstate sent us a letter saying that we owed money. We called them and they offered a settlement with 40% less if we paid over the phone NOW. We offered to send checks in but still they said that they would only accept a lesser amount if we did our transaction over the phone. We authorized two withdrawels from our checking account. One for 137.50 and the next check for 137.50. Later our account was off a little, we discovered that allied had taken out a third transaction on their own without our approval for 146.98. They used a check number that we had already used (for our church no less). Ken Bartlesville, OklahomaU.S.A.
Jun 30 2003
Allied Interstate ripoff very rude Minneapolis Minnesota
A couple weeks ago I started recieving messages on my Voice mail for a guy I didn't know. So I called the number back and asked for the manager. She said she would have me removed from their list. About a week later I received yet another call. This time I asked the Collection agent to give me to the manager. This time the manager wasn't even nice to me. He yelled at me and told me I was a MF'er and I shouldn't be bothering him. I asked him what number his company used to report to the BBB and he went irate and hung up on me. Allied Interstate is a very rude Collection company and I can't believe that the Government uses them to collect some of their debts. Shawn LaCrosse, WisconsinU.S.A.

Showing 1-25 | Showing Page 1 of 113