AMERICAN HOME SHIELD Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: American Home Shield

There may be more reports for "American Home Shield"

For more results perform a general search for "American Home Shield"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Oct 25 2013
American Home Shield American Home Shield is a scam Memphis Tennessee
Our air conditioning died during a heat wave, we opened a ticket in July 2013 and in October 2013 they send over a tech after 2 local hvac companies in town diagnosis the AC as needing a Replacement part.  American Home Shield says it isn't covered after spending days and hours with customer service, they call and say it isn't covered under the warranty.  This service is a scam! Save the $500. I have been hung up on and I called Mark Barry, the CEO and he isn't willing to return my calls. Call him, tell him he is a thief....I did a few times, you van get to his voicemail. Goog mark Barry
Nov 04 2013
American Home Shield AVOID American Home Shield at all costs! Carroll Iowa
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! Bought a policy when i bought my new home and all was good, then 2 years later my washer started leaking and i called. I was told that my washer was not covered! Apparently when i signed up with them it was not a blanket policy that covered all my appliances and item, but it only covered my *Top 10*, so only 10 item could be covered and my washer wasn't one of them. I told them that i never picked a top 10 and knew nothing about it and what were they? 1. a/c including duct-work, 2. Dishwasher, 3. Garbage disposal. 4. Water heater, 5. Plumbing, 6. Dryer, 7. Electrical, 8. Heating inducing duct-work,  9. Built-in Microwave and 10. Ranges/Ovens/Stove-tops. So my first question was who picked these for me and why would a/c and heat be 2 different items since they are the same machine? and why would i pick electrical and no my washing machine? I was blown away and very upset, when i asked them to fix my policy since i never picked a top 10, they told me that i would have to cancel this policy and buy a new one to add the washer, but the washer would have to be fixed beforehand and i would have to send them proof. So i fired them on the spot, and now they are sending me bills for the remainder of the contract which they broke. NEVER GETTING ANOTHER CENT FROM ME!!! Keep sending the bills guys, they will never be paid.
Oct 23 2013
American Home Shield Beware American Home Shield! Nationwide
American Home Shield charged my bank account without notice, then couldn't tell me for days why it was charged (they said they couldn't even SEE this charge), and when they finally could see it they said they couldn't refund it.   First, I was told by a representative that I needed to pay $49 to get my warranty going on the monthly payment system and it would be $49 a month thereafter.  Several days later I got some paperwork in the mail that said my payments would be $57 a month.  Strange... but not a deal breaker.  A few days after that, American Home Shield made an unauthorized charge to my bank account for $22.99.  This was at the very end of a strained pay period, tipping my bank account slightly under and resulting in a $35 NSF fee from my bank.  Agents at American Home Shield couldn't even see this charge at first and asked me to fax them documentation from my bank statement.  I did so, then didn't hear back from them for a few days...  When I called back not only could they now see this charge, but they said it was valid and neither it nor the $35 NSF fee could be returned to me. So essentially even though they repeatedly acknowledged and apologized (hollowly) for their company's representative giving me the wrong information, they stuck to their guns that the unauthorized charge to my account and the subsequent NSF fee from my bank were not their problem.  How's THAT for excellent customer service? And speaking of which, it's bad enough when every single person you talk to at a company gives you a different story, but it just adds insult to injury when one (Larry from the Consumer Sales Department) sounds inebriated the whole time and can only repeat the same I know one of our people made a mistake, but we're not responsible for our representatives circular non-logic over and over again until you feel like screaming. BEWARE this wretched, worthless company!
Nov 04 2014
American Home Shield The American Home Shield ripoff Artistry award Nationwide
If you have been ripped off by American Home Shield for a home waranty like I and thousands of others please help us collect you articles and personal experiences by not only posting here but on the Facebook page linked below.  This company needs to make right on its claims or be stoped. Spar terry the BBB does not care about there real record or most state atorney Gennerals about the constituents that are ripped off.  We need your stories and your articles. .https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=767647919974748&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FAmerican-Home-Shield-are-scammers%2F767647919974748&_rdr
Nov 17 2015
American Home Shield American Home Shield Ripoff and Lies Memphis Nationwide
I contracted with American Home Shield in August, 2015. November 12, 2015, my hot water heater flooded my hall and bedroom (Thursday). I notified AHS that same day, and was told that a plumber would be out Friday, November 13, 2015. He was no show. I called AHS and was told that no one could be sent out until Monday, November 16, 2015. So the plumber shows up Monday, and states he can replace the hot water heater the next day. That night, he calls and tells me AHS has refused to let him get the hot water heater from his supplier, that it will be at least a week. When I called AHS (still Monday November 16) they told me that they would allow the plumber to use his supplier so I would not be without hot water. Tuesday, November 17, plumber called and said AHS had ordered the hot water heater from themselves, and would not allow him to use a water heater he could access immediately. I again called AHS. After speaking with two operators and a supervisor who told me that nothing could be done, I asked to speak to a manager. I was told that wouldn't do any good, and that the wait time would be 45 minutes. Told her I would wait. After a few minutes, a woman named Melissa got on the phone and told me she would call me back in 30 minutes with answers. That was two hours ago, and still no answers. This company is the biggest ripoff in the history of ripoffs.
Jul 16 2014
American home shield AHS American home shield is a scam Nationwide
i have had 3 issues in 2 yeas! All took months to repair and a fight to try and get it covered! The people they send are clueless and unlicensed! The last guy lied and said someone unplugged or had worked on it so my insurance could use that as excuse not to pay! No one had touched it and if it had been unplugged it would not have worked the previous 2 years! Contractor not only lied but didn't return calls and this was enough good enough for them to refuse to pay!
Feb 14 2009
American Home Shield Dealing with American Home Shield & thier horrible service Horsham Pennsylvania
We bought a house in Feb, 2008 and had a home warranty provided to us by the previous home owners. The week after we moved in, we did the appropriate thing by having the oil furnace serviced prior to getting service & oil deliveries. The oil company came out and we were told that the heat exchanger was cracked and thus the furnace was deemed inoperable. A second tech guy came out and confirmed the first guy but this time he disabled the thermostat inside of the furnace as well as shutting off the circuit breaker and oil line to the furnace to prevent useage as the furnace was now blowing carbon monoxide throuout the house ~ obviously a serious issue. Please keep in mind that this was the first week in march and it was freezing outside. We called AHS and we paid the $45 fee to have their contractor come out to confirm what the first 2 guys stated. At this time, we got a call a week or two later telling us that it was a pre-existing issue and they were not liable. Everyone that I spoke with at AHS was rude, ignorant and down right nasty to me on the phone. We, at one point, had actually considered paying for it ourselves but after the downpayment on the house, closing and moving expenses, we were completely tapped out for cash. Besides that, we were entitled to the warranty that was included in the purchase of our home. We fought with them for 3+ weeks on the phone and it was down right mentally exhausting and quite frankly, was a horrible experience. In the end, it worked out in our favor as we did finally get a new furnace BUT the 3+ weeks we spent in our new home was without the proper heat that you would normally use. The danger of using portible space heaters was always on our mind as well as the fact that if we didn't have any heat at all, there was the potential of pipes breaking due to the cold. Luckly, our house has a pellet stove but after a week of using that constantly, that shut down on us so we were out of heat all together. I was, at this point, completely on the edge mentally and mind you, I had to have these horrible conversations with AHS and their horrible contractor while I was at work. After numerous yelling matches with AHS & contractor, many of which I ended up in tears of anguish and frustration, I completely lost my mind and threatened everyone ~ previous homeowners, home inspector, both realtors, AHS and their contractors with lawsuits. Only after I used the phrase lawsuit did we get our way and had them install a new furnace. While we did get what we needed, we in no way should have had to gone through all that to get what we were entitled to in the first place. I don't know if we are entitled to be a part of this class action lawsuit but no one should have to go though that kind of stress, anguish and aggravation, EVER. If there are any folks or lawyers interested in speaking with us then please contact us through this website and we would be glad to provide anything and everything that is needed to help. Pam Horsham, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Horsham, Pennsylvania
Dec 24 2008
American Home Shield American Home Shield = Consumer Fraud Carroll Iowa
I have filed report with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and my local department of Consumer Affairs on AHS. This company is committing consumer fraud. My hot water heater and furnace are both 16 years old. Recently they both went on the blink. AHS sent a technician to look at the furnace. He fixed the auxillary limit and told me my furance was in its senior year. A few days later it is 18 degrees outside and my heat still was not working. AHS sends the technician back and he then says my evaporator coil is dirty and that is a maintenance issue. AHS refused service. I had an independent, well respected, accredited BBB company come out and look at my furnace. They said I need a new furnace. I called AHS and they said they would send someone for a second opinion. I had to call back twice to see what happened. The first time, they said they cancelled the request, and the second time they said the company didn't get my fax. Stall tactics, because they did not expect me to get a second outside opinion. Christmas is tomorrow. This company that is so caring doesn't give a hoot about denying me heat. AHS says if the technician finds that it is a maintenance issue again, I have to pay another service fee. Over my dead body. I am not giving them a dime, and if they try to take it from my bank account they will be in big trouble. With regard to my hot water heater, I contacted AOSmith the company that makes the heater. They said the life span of my heater is 7-13 years. At 16 mine has done its job. Why would I be maintaining something beyond its service life? AHS hires low grade service companies. Their MO is to say it is a maintenance issue, and even if your item has been maintained, they say your service company was incompetent or did the work wrong. Anything to get out of replacing the item. Lchrod Mableton, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Feb 09 2011
American Home Shield www.ahswarranty.com American Home Shield a Bogus company Memphis, Tennessee
I had two service requests declined by Amercian Home Shield (AHS). The  first one was for my microwave. AHS claimed that the microwave failed because I  did not mantain it. The microwave was 6 years old! They claim that the grease build-up inside the micrwave caused it to fail and I am suposed to clean the microwave. They expect me to open up  a microwave and service it?? how many people do that? Then next service request was for my refrigerator. The side panel for the water dispener and ic dipsener just stopped working. The technician said that the mother board needed to be replaced. AHS claims that , though the refrigerator is covered the motherboard is not!!! How ridiculous is this?  This company is a big scam. I  reported this to BBB and the company responded saying they would not cover it as per the contract and i  could cancel my membership for $35 !! Someone needs to stop this company. A Class action lawsuit would be awesome.
May 01 2014
American Home Shield Terrible service and accountability Nationwide
I am renting a home that has AHS covered appliances.  From the day we moved in, the Stove did not operate.  We placed multiple calls with each one requiring a service person then later a part that was ordered to fix the problem.  We are now going into our third month trying to convince AHS that the stove is not repairable and should be replaced with a new one.  They continue to drag out the need for service evaluations to see WHY it is not working.  We are very upset, have not had a working stove to provide our needs for cooked meals.  Forced to go through the long, drawn out process of possible repair first, then they might consider replacing.   A real nightmare.  I do not recommend anyone paying a dime for this scam service that utilizes poor quality vendors to perform non-professional repair attempts. So far 3 different repair technicians, none of which knew the first thing about the simple, non descript cheap appliance or how to fix it.Take heed...do NOT waste your money here!  Put it in an escrow account for a day you really do need something fixed.  They apparently have a license to steal!  Read the other comments, there are many here and all over the net! Shame on this theivery!
36, Report #1197913
Dec 27 2014
American Home Shield Waste of money Orlando Nationwide
We bought our house almost 2 years ago.  The warranty was included so we renewed when the time came and made sure they had all of our appliances covered on the warranty.  Our fridge broke Christmas night.  I called AHS the very next morning.  I have an infant who is on prescribed formula that once it is made it must be refrigerated.  Not only could AHS not find a repair man to come out to my house they didn't even call me to let me know they couldn't find anyone till the following week.  I had to call AHS constantly to get status updates.  After 6 hours of them calling 7 companies they still couldn't find anyone to come.  I made two calls and found someone who could come out the next day, Saturday morning.  The repair man was very nice and walked me through what could possibly be wrong.  My fridge is no longer made so the part is unavailable.  The repair man called it in to AHS and got the authorization number for the work.  I was told that I would need a new fridge since there is no way to fix my fridge.  Because I have an infant and the New Year coming up, I wanted to follow through with AHS after the repair man left to make sure that this was taken care of right away since my family is currently living out of a cooler.  AHS said they basically didn't believe the repair man and needed me to get a second opinion.  Now I have to wait till at least Monday (4 days after I made the initial call) to find out when a second repair man will be able to come out to look at my fridge.  I asked the AHS rep Darrel (I believe is his name) if they would allow me to go buy a mini fridge to make sure that my daughters prescribed formula was the correct temperature and they said they would not do that.  They would only allow me to possibly buy a cooler and told me I should buy dry ice.  We pay almost $800 a year for this so called warranty.  I asked to talk to a supervisor and Darrel told me that he would have one call me right away.  I have now been waiting for over 11 hours for that call.  If this warranty company that I have paid so much money too over the last two years isn't going to fix the problems then they need to give me my money back.  I could have had a repair man out to my house the morning my fridge broke and had a new one delivered the next day.  But no, I have a warranty and have to wait 4 days just to get a call as to when someone might be able to come out.  The best part that Darrel told me on the phone today is that if I do need a new fridge, it will take 5-7 business days once approved to get the actual fridge.  That would be 2-3 weeks after I made the initial call.  So now I get to keep my food and my baby's prescribed formula in a cooler until then.  What a wonderful experience this has NOT been.
Sep 27 2014
American Home Shield Fradulant company, poor professionalism Nationwide
Requested service through American Home Shield for a water heater issue. Arranged for a relative who was able to take off work to sit at home for service to be done.  Serviceman left residence without fully repairing problem.  Contacted AHS, provided them with info that service was not completed, was not able to take off work again for their required time frame, threatened to cancel service.  AHS contacted me back had set up appointment for company to come out on Saturday, waited all day for this company whom I had to call and then found out AHS cancelled the appointment without notification to me.  Cancelling their service dont need them anymore, unproffessional and rude.
38, Report #1191151
Nov 24 2014
American Home Shield Very Deceptive Pelham Nationwide
We had previously had trouble with a septic tank and then called and we paid more on our policy to cover this if it ever happened again. Well we had another problem so we contacted America Home Shield. We were told they only do it for one year and then drop the coverage. We were never notified about this or told then when we paid the extra to have it covered. If you choose to use them look for every possible loop hold that they could possibly find. I believe this company is deceptive and not a reputable company. We tried to rectify it but we could never able to get to a supervisor. Beware! Elaine
39, Report #1206972
Feb 05 2015
American Home shield Frustrated customer Nationwide
 I have been a customer of American Home Shield for several years. For the last three years I have been calling in service calls to have my heating/ac unit fixed. They have replaced several parts that have went out causing all of my coolant to run out of the unit. Well, I am totally frustrated at this point because everytime this happen it costs me another $600/700 to fill back up the unit because AHS does not cover coolant. I understand the every year maintenace but what about fxing the problem. If the coolant is running out because of a val or something, isnt putting the coolant back in there also fixing it. The companies are putting a bandage on the problem as far as fixing and I have to suck up the biggest cost. Then I call back in to speak to a supervisor and the rep that I spoke to on the phone is completely rude and tells me that someone will call me.
Mar 23 2016
American Home Shield Without honor, without integrity, Nationwide
I had a contract with American Home Shield for over three years.  Last month I had a problem with my garbage disposal.  They gave me the name of the company that was to come out.  I googled the company and found dozens of extremely negative commments.  I called American Home Shield and told them I wanted a different contractor.  There response was we won't give you a different contractor.  Do you want to get out of your contract?  I said yes and that was it.  No attempt at trying to please the customer.  What a lousy company.  Compared to some complaints, mine is pretty minor I guess, but it just made my blood boil.
Dec 29 2015
American Home Shield Deceptive Advertisment Nationwide
American Home Shield (AHS) is a deceptive and disorganized company. Recently, I had plumbing leaks and filed a claim to have them repaired. The warranty company dispatched a local plumbing company to my home to assess the issue. It was then that I learned my contract required me to remove obstructions from the walls, including cabinets and plumbing, for repairs to be completed. I had to disconnect the plumbing to the only sinks in my home and move sink base cabinets to the middle of the floor.  After doing this, the plumber cut holes into the walls in two different rooms and left, claiming to return with supplies. Instead, I received a call from AHS requesting an additional $300.00 to complete one of the repairs. The warranty company did not have any information on the second repair and alleged that I did not report both issues at the same time. I have e-mail confirmations to prove otherwise. If I had not employed a contractor and a separate plumbing company, I would have been forced to pay additional fees for one repair and go days or weeks with a disconnected sink from the second leak.  AHS claimed the removal of obstructions and the holes cut into the walls were a part of their diagnostic process. The amount of damage caused from these actions should not be required to determine if coverage is available.  I spoke with several representatives and supervisors but received no resolution. I filed a complaint against AHS with the Attorney General's offices in Alabama and Tennessee, along with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). AHS has nearly 6,000 complaints with the BBB regarding poor customer service, poor quality of work, and deceptive warranty coverage. The BBB has closed my complaint, noting that I was not satisfied with AHS' response. One attorney directed me to the Attorney General in my state, but his office forwarded my complaint to the Alabama Department of Insurance, which offered no solution.  In my correspondence with AHS, they continued to repeat Section E-1 and Section H-8 of their contract. Section E-1 mentions the removal of obstructions, listing built-in appliances, systems, cabinets, and floor coverings as obstructions. Section H-8 states that AHS is not responsible or liable for the cost of construction, carpentry, or other modifications made necessary by the existing equipment or installing different equipment. The latter section can be used to deny any and all claims filed with AHS. A warranty is pointless if it does not cover construction, carpentry, and modifications. Consumers should be made aware of the legalese in their contracts, so they can make an informed decision about whether or not they want to continue paying for coverage they may not have. Many are blindsided when they are in dire situations, which explains the high volume of complaints.
Sep 11 2015
American Home Shield below subpar service
My dryer broke I called American Home Shield to get it repaired I was told that it would be two weeks before a technician could get out to rpair it. A little excessive wait but I went with it. American Home Shield called me back and told me that the technician would be arriving at my house between the hours of 8 and 5 pm. I told the representative that I could not stay in this house for 8 hours waiting for the tech. I don't go to work I don't get paid. So the rep told me that the tech would call me when he was a hour out, I gave the rep my cell number. I left work a hour early when I arrived at my house there was a sears van getting ready to back out of the drive way. When he saw me pull in he got out of his vehicle and told me that he had been trying to call me I asked what number he had he was calling my home number no wonder he could not get in touch with me I was at work not at home. So he comes inside to fix the dryer he does not have the parts to repair it. He calls AMHS and requests to replace the item as it is 12 years old and it will cost 723. dollers to fix it. AMHS says repair it, so he orders the parts. Again this dryer is at least 12 years old. The tech tells me that he won't be out for two more weeks. So it will have been over a month with out a dryer. I call AMHS I am on hold for 45 min or so when I finely get to talk to someone I  request that the dryer be replaced. I am then transfered to the home aplience department they take my info and tell they will call me back in two days. Well 4 days go by nothing heard so I call them (AMHS) I ask to talk to the aplience department ( after I was on hold again for 30 min or so ) I am now talking with the aplience department and I am told that I talking with the wrong department. I am transferred back to AMHS and they get my info and tell me they will call me in 3-5 bussiness days. Again nothing heard so I call them back again on hold for at least a hour this time. I finaly get to talk to a rep and ask her if I can talk to a supervisor and she tell sme no. I have to talk to her first. I about lost it I can't belive this service that I am recieving it just blows me away./ The dryer that I bought 12 years ago was around 300 dollers to repair this dryer it will cost almost 800 dollers. With this type of bussniess ethic how do they stay in bussiness or for that mater turn a profit? The custormer service is extremely poor. I would rate them at a -10. Don't waste your money with american home shield. I would not ever reccomend them to anyone. Go else where.
Entity:
Jul 14 2016
Oct 06 2015
American Home shield Fraudulent Company Nationwide
  I would definitely recommend not using American home shield.   Had a service ticket opened, since 09Aug, to fix exhaust fan. After the electrical contractor, Budget electric, scheduled a service apt, they did not show up. After I again called the contracting company, they scheduled for another day. The contractor showed up, took the $75 service fee, and said the unit needed to be replaced. He said they would schedule another apt., after they have the parts. Waited for over a month, but did not get a call back. So I again called up the contractor. The contractor showed up without any parts. He dismantled the unit, and left it in a disassembled state, and said would give a call back once he know when he can get the parts. Did not hear back, so called up the contractor again, and receptionist said she would contact the technician that visited our home, and call back. Did not hear back, so called AHS, called them daily for almost a week, and each time was told that they are trying to get in touch with the contractor. Have still not received an ETA on when the repair will be made. And today, I noticed that, without my authorization, they renewed my contract, and charged my credit card. I had only authorized charging my credit card on a monthly basis for my existing contract, not to renew future contracts.   I have filed a complaint with the BBB.
Aug 19 2016
American Home Shield Be careful Nationwide
My husband (Howard) and I have been loyal American Home Shield customers for over 30 years. We have made less than 5 claims in those years. We have been at our current home for over 6 years and have paid American Home Shield over $2500. I noticed that our gas hot water heater was leaking on Saturday, Aug 13. I wrapped a towel around the base and told Howard. We weren't worried about internal home damage as the gas hot water heater is located in the garage. Howard called American Home Shield that very day to report the issue. In turn, CNJ Services LLC (plumbers) called us that same day and said they could come out on Monday, Aug 15 but I worked out of town this week and my husband had a business appointment so they came out on Tuesday, Aug 16. Howard was told that we needed a new gas hot water heater and our service fee was $100. The gentleman was at our home less than 10 minutes. American Home Shield called Howard on Wednesday, Aug 17 and said that our portion would be over $620. We were not told what brand the gas hot water heater would be but we previously had a GE 12 year 50 gallon gas hot water heater. GE no long makes gas hot water heaters and we were told it would be replaced with like or similar. American Home Shield told us that the $620 fee was to bring the gas hot water heater up to code. We were given a list of installation hardware by CNJ Services that they would need to bring it up to code and they were charging us over $620. In actuality, the cost for those items, RETAIL, is less than $100 uninstalled. We feel we are being taken advantage of and a horrible bait and switch is being done by American Home Shield and CNJ Services LLC. So............we chose a cash out option so we can select our own reputable plumbers. American Home Shield said they would only reimburse us for what they would pay CNJ Services for the gas hot water heater.......and we all know is will be at a GREATLY reduced price!! Further, NO ONE knows what the amount of reimbursement to us will be except for the Claims Dept and they do not accept phone calls. They only work from e-mails and will get back to you within 3 - 5 business days. We do not want to make a decision until we know what we will be reimbursed as I just don't want to have to pay more that $620 for a gas hot water heater WHEN I HAVE BEEN PAYING INSURANCE!!!! Just spoke to the Supervisor, Ryland, at American Home Shield. He said he doesn't know what the reimbursement would be. He said the Claims Dept doesn't work on the weekends. He said he can't tell me when they will return our phone call. He said he can't help me. Today is the 6th day my family hasn't had hot water. IF American Home Shield calls us bask on Monday, Aug 22, it will be 9 days my family has been without hot water. IF American Home Shield calls back on Monday and we come to some sort of agreement, the soonest my family will have hot water will be Wednesday, Aug 24. My family will have been without hot water for 11 days............no hot showers, no hot laundry, no hot dish water. Yet, we have paid over $2500 in the last 6 years for insurance so this wouldn't happen. Sure doesn't seem like we are getting much of a return for our investment. Ouch, American Home Shield...............I wonder what they would do if this was their family? Would I recommend American Home Shield? Years ago, yes. Now, absolutely not!!!
46, Report #1162085
Jul 15 2014
American Home Shield Deceptive Practices Dallas Nationwide
Deceptive practices - On 6/27/14 an American Home Shield technician from Affordable Heat and Air inspected the A/C unit and stated that the unit was missing a cover and could not be covered under warranty.  The technician advised that he could not touch the unit since it was missing a part and that I needed to have another company come out and complete service and repair to get the unit back into proper working order in order for the unit to be covered under warranty.  He further stated that AHS does not cover standard service and that I would need to use another A/C company to service.  I had Dallas Heating and Air come out and complete the necessary repairs and contacted American Home Shield to advise of the service being completed so warranty would be reinstated.  American Home Shield then advised that since a company outside of their network completed the service and repairs that the unit would be excluded from the warranty all together.
Oct 14 2005
American Home Shield ripoff Atlanta Georgia
I have been with American Home Shield for about two years. Everytime I request service,it's nothing but aggrivation.I requested for my dryer to be serviced last month, I had an appointment and they were coming that morning and cancelled late in the day. The guy who was coming out gave one excuse and when I called the company itself (Aspen) who is contracted through Home shield, he gave another. I complained numerous times.I was treated like crap by the supervisor from Aspen he spoke to me like I was trash. I finally spoke to a Barbara from AHS, she stated that she will waive the $45 service fee. I called again to state that I recieved not one phone call. I was aggravated and I told her to cancel my policy, but I told her that I should still get service for my dryer. She said, I will, due to the fact that the order went in before the cancellation. Now today I found out the policy is cancelled but I am getting no service. Now Aspen's excuse is that they do not service my area. Not true, they serviced my washer(bad job done)last year. I feel that I am being discriminated against because of where I live.They sure did not discriminate in taking my monies every month!!! Carmen camden, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Georgia
48, Report #199540
Jul 05 2006
American Home Shield ripoff Memphis Tennessee
I called American Home Shield (AHS)regarding my hot water heater (HWH). They first sent a company that could not tell me what was wrong with the HWH but that wanted to replace it for over $1600. They charged my $35.00. AHS sent another company that could not find what was wrong. The company sent a second technician that found a plug in the line. The fix last for about a week. I called AHS yet again and had them send the technichian back to my house. The techician told me that I did not need a new HWH, but that it needed to be drained. The HWH exploded the next week and flooded my house. A professional service had to dry my house out for an entire week, and I have a $500 insurance deductible. I have lost personal property that belonged to by deceased father and can never be replaced. AHS first told me that they could not cover the replacement HWH because it had sediment in it. They finally agreed to give me $330.00 for it, after I paid yet another technician another $55.00 to look at the HWH. I called AHS today because I still have not received the check. It was cut on the 29th. Apparently AHS has decided not to send the payment because my next installment payment on the contract was due July 1, 2006 and I haven't paid it. Go figure. If anyone is considering a class action against this company, please let me know.I am anticipating filing a cliam in Magistrate Court in Cobb County, Georgia. Angela Atlanta, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Jul 16 2004
American Home Shield ripoff Carroll Iowa
I just want to say thank you all whom took the time to write experiences concerning this company. Received an ad yesterday and called AHS requesting copy of contract to be mailed to my attention. When I receive the copy, it will go in the trash along with the received ad now in the trash. It is from my experience that AHS is underwritten by an insurance company...as this is nothing more than a policy. Perhaps your complaints can be handled directly with that insurance company instead of AHS. I believe AHS is nothing more than a clearing house for redirecting claims...the less claims they file with the policy servicer...the more money they make...simple logic. Again thanks for not creating a potential problem for my family. Lanny Tampa, FloridaU.S.A.
Jul 18 2005
American Home Shield ripoff Kansas City iowa
if you are able to get the class action suit going please let me know. i have been battling them for nearly two months on getting my a/c repaired and have had extreamly high light bills due to their not wanting to do the repair and the extra stress it caused to the unit. which basically caused the units death. so now i have had to spend the month to replace the entire thing. i have even gone to the BBB, but because of the out they have in the contract of improper installation there is nothing that they can do. Vanessa missouri city, TexasU.S.A.

Showing 26-50 | Showing Page 2 of 3,761