BANK OF AMERICA Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Bank of America

There may be more reports for "Bank of America"

For more results perform a general search for "Bank of America"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Aug 20 2004
Bank Of America ripoff Dallas Internet
Back in 1996 when BOA merged with Nations Bank. Nations was hit with a class action lawsuit for ripping off consumers by making sure checks for larger amounts to someone's account were deposited first instead of in random order or by whatever check came in that day. Thus making the smaller checks that would have cleared bounce and creating more revenue for them. The end result for Nations and BOA was they had to repay any consumer that was hit with an NSF free. The excuse I got was because they assumed the larger amount would be car or mortgage payments. Now, if everything is automated, how can they determine what's what without pulling the check and looking at it? Bank of America's at it again with this game they're playing with people's hard earned money. Imagine 5 check or debits go NSF at $33.00 a piece at the same time? That's $150.00, not to mention, the larger amount that's going to go NSF later because of the 5 $33.00 NSF. It's darn same that they know it's illegal but are still doing it anyway. Minnie Dallas, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
27, Report #271978
Sep 02 2007
Bank Of America Credit Card Rip Off Dallas Texas
To whom it may concern, I would like to report an ongoing problem I have had with Bank of America. You may be familiar with this issue, as I have seen a recent segment on Fox 4warned regarding the same scams. I have a credit card and have always made my monthly payments on time. I use on-line banking to help ensure timely transactions. BOA encourages this, but there is a catch. One month, however, my payment was not posted. The following month, of course, showed a late fee and double billing. I sent my usual amount (well above the minimum payment due) and called the bank to ask about my last payment not being posted in a timely manor and was assured that the issue would be taken care of. It was not. Each monthly statement looks worse. My interest rate shot way up. The late fees are stacking even though I am making payments well before the due date! The bank is telling me each month that I am getting farther and farther behind even though I have been sending in money each and every month because it can take them 2 weeks to post it AND they keep moving the due dates! That was more than a year ago and I am still fighting to get the account caught up. My minimum was $10 at first. I have been paying them $200. They are sending me threatening letters saying I am 19 months behind and owe them a minimum payment of $1000. Of course, I cannot pay them that much, so I have been trying (in vain) to work this out with the bank, but their customer service is just infuriating. Hold times can be hours long and operators talk in circles. I have been to local branch managers, but they tell me they can do nothing and that I must take my case to the corporation. I have been told by corporate customer server it will be fixed. I have been told I must pay or else. I have been told not to rely on on-line banking, as it is common for the computers to process transactions in batches and some delays can be expected. That is another scam unto itself, which I will not go into here, but I have heard that BOA will play with how they post debits and credits so that you can easily come out in the hole and incur overdraft fees! I have been told I have not been making payments even though I have confirmation numbers and transactions slips with date/time stamps on them to prove I have been. BOA simply will not acknowledge my payments! To make matters worse, at one point a few months ago, they actually blocked me from the website so that I could not make a monthly payment! I managed to get that service turned back on, but not before drawing more late fees and a higher interest rate! Is this willful sabotage?? Without going into too much detail, I used this CC account for just one thing, which cost about $6000. Today, two years later, my balance is HIGHER than that and I have paid them no less than $4500! I want and expect them to show a reduction! I was surprised to find several websites dedicated to complaints about Bank of Scamerica. Other banks I work with do NOT treat me like this! There must be some way to fight this! Please help. Thank you, LJD Ljd Dallas, TexasU.S.A.
Aug 13 2007
Bank Of America Deceptive practices, predatory, Wilmington Delaware
I have been paying my credit card bill to Bank of America for well over two years via my bank account online I have always paid it around the 10th -12th of the month. This month they have said that my payment was late, so naturally my introdductory rate (I've had this card for years) will go up to 33% or some godforsaken amount. I checked, and I paid them the same time I always do - so I find out they've changed the payment due date to a couple days before the time I always pay. I sent them a complaint saying I'm not paying that rate, and I don't like the way they've changed the due date very sneakily, and I won't be paying at all until they lower the rate to even lower than it was before. They caught me this way once before - I had been paying an automatic payment via my bank to Bank of America when the minimum went up by $20. I found out a week later and paid them the extra $20 plus more to cover the next month's bill, but they said that I would have to pay 33% interest for six months anyway. I won't go through that again. I told them that they can either lower my interest, change the payment date back to the way it was, or I was going to declare bankruptcy. I simply will not do this stuff anymore. Banks are evil. Banksareevil PASADENA, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Wilmington, Delaware
29, Report #197634
Jun 22 2006
Bank Of America ripoff's legal thieves. Springfield Missouri
I was reading were another person was complaining about NSF fees from Bank of America. I have had the same problems with this bank. They charge you outragious fees for this. For one check they charged $31 for one day and then the next day charged $34 for the same check. I called to see why they did this and their excuse was we do not refund fees we charge. Second incident I have had with this bank is my husband lost his debt card and we reported it. After that we went to get a new card. They told us they are not allowed to give him another card since we did not open our account in this state. If we wanted a new card that day to go back to Florida. Third incident Stupid me ran out of checks before I realized that I was out. I ordered new ones and went to the bank to get temp ones. They told me we do not have such a thing. Go order new ones. Fourth incident My Mom gave me a check and I went to cash it. The bank told me I could not cash it and that it was going to be on hold for a week. I had to wait a week to get the money. How crazy is that? Fifth incident I deposited money into the ATM. A couple weeks later I received a letter in the mail stating there was no money in the envelope and they were going to take the money out of the account since there was no money there. I put cash in the envelope. Go figure. Could some dishonest person in the bank take the money and say there was nothing in there. As soon as we move closer to a military base we are cancelling this account. How can anyone stay in business being this crooked? Mrs. Springfield, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: Springfield, Missouri
30, Report #197450
Jun 21 2006
Bank Of America ripoff Rosemead California
I was a customer of Bank of America in Rosemead CA, located on the corner of Kelburn/Garvey. In 1975 or 1976 I went on maternity cause at that time unemployment didn't apply.I opened a savings account in order to cash my welfare checks. For 31 years I have been searching for the $400.00 they kept. At the time I went to cash my check, I was advised that my account was closed due to the reason, that I didn't have $4,000 in the account. The supervisor in charge took my savings book & haven't been able to find out what happen to my money. No one can help me with name/address/social security number. Apparently they deleted my account from their system. I have checked with State Controller's office, wrote to main office of Bank of America & my letter returned, address unknown. Everybody tells me to quite searching, but I am not a quiter! Can anyone help me. Thank you for your time & cooperation. Manuela West Covina, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Rosemead, California
Jul 27 2005
Bank Of America ripoff Walnut Creek California
My Husband opened a account with B of A so he could cash his paychecks instead of going to check cashing places. Well since he has done this, he has gotten conterfeit $100.00, twice and a $50.00. Of course you know the banks the the bills and you, well you're out that money and nothing gets done. How well do they train their personnel? Thanks for reading this. Karen antioch, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Walnut Creek, California
Apr 06 2005
Bank Of America ripoff (Chesterfield) - Richmond Virginia
I can't beleive how many overdraft fees I collect. I swear I watched my account online, and the money was jsut sitting there. Then, as soon as I used my card...boom, suddenly everything is overdrafting. I hate online banking. And Bank Of America is a monster for doing this to me. I'm a single mom. There is no way I can catch up, since I had no idea this was going on. When the papers started to pour in, my God, what a mess. Ok, so I got behind, but does that really mean they should charge you 33.00 for even 2.00 purchases? And forget trying to catch up. it's impossible. They let the paperwork pile up so every bounces. Someone should control these guys. They've eaten two of my checks on over-drafts. It happens fairly quick too. I'm closing my account tomorrow morning. I hate banking. I've never had money problems till now. I'm going back to my old policy. If you don't have the money in your hand, don't order it. This whole thing is a nightmare. Thanks to this incredibly greedy bank, I can't feed my kids. Not to mention, that they can't find paper work on a thousand dollar transaction I made. How convinient. I was in such a hurry to fly to Rome I didn't realize that I had not checked if the Travlers Checks were actually in the envelope. Isn't it kind of a policy that they are suppose to make you sign them before you go? I asked the cashier that day, and she said, Um, no. So stupid me, I left, probably with a blank envelope. I get to Rome and realize I have no money. When I get home, I checked the envelope I left in my car. The envelope was there but no checks. So I think, ok, stolen, report. When I get back this is the story I get from these people. I mean, do I really have to keep every damn reciept? I was in a rush, who thinks of those things? They are ... We're sorry mam' we looked everywhere. There is no paper work on anything like you are telling us. We can't help you without the original reciept. So I got lucky, two months later I'm cleaning under my car seat, and I find it. I found the original reciept. Let's see if they can't find the paperwork now! It's stupid of me, but I trusted them. That's the first and last time I bank. These people don't care about you or me. But now I know. They force you to need them. Then they eat you up. The whole system is a scam. It's my first time, but I learn fast. It won't happen again. Good luck. Mary Springs, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: (Chesterfield) - Richmond, Virginia
Apr 25 2005
Bank Of America Ripoff Excessive Fees Dallas Texas
Bank of America is now charging a 1% fee on all ATM transactions overseas. Although, they continue to advertise you can use over 14,000 ATM's worldwide free of charge, they neglect to advertise the 1% surcharge. David Carrollton, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Texas
Mar 11 2008
Bank Of America Money Mongruls Nationwide Nationwide
I have a credit score well over 700 and I am getting hit with with a 18.7% interest rate for a $37K loan which I started last in May 2007. If you think that is hard to believe...they started me out at 22% and finally talked them down to 20%! The only reason the interest went down to 18.7% was because the feds drop the interest rate. The SENIOR CREDIT ANALYST AMANDA was nice enough to tell me I was not qualified to have my interest rates dropped closer to 8.99% which they ADVERTISE on their website...leechs!!! Even though I have paid on time in the amount of $11,000 in the last 11 months, my $37K is down to $33K! It seems like I work for the bank!!! I have been a loyal customer of Bank of America since I was a child and this is how a loyal lifetime customer is treated and respected. I intend to close the Bank of America account and find a bank that is personally involved with the people residing in the community. Not with a bank with automated human robots on the other end...keep reading those scripts because your customer service needs some revamping. Poorinfl Clearwater, FloridaU.S.A.
Mar 31 2004
Bank Of America ripoff The Colony Texas
I have been banking with these guy's for 26 years. I thought they gave a damn about customers. All they give a damn about is how much they can rip you off for. I wrote 4 checks the largest one was for $150.00 to the local County Tax Attorney. The other 3 checks didn't add up to $150.00. what they did was the local County Tax Attorney held his check for about two weeks or so. listened to the bank of america computer via the telephone and I could have swore that it told me the check for $150 has cleared my bank. Finally the local County Tax Attorney sent his check to the bank and it hits on the same day that my other three checks which didn't add up to $150.00 which by the way was my balance. What they did was they paid the one for $150.00 and bounced my other 3 checks and hit me for $90.00 in overdraft fee's. I called customer service and asked if they could maybe return $60.00 of the $90.00 they had taken out since I thought maybe I had heard wrong when I was listening to the machine. I wear hearing aids in boths ears so sometimes I don't hear everything the way it should be, anyway getting back to my story I asked them if they could refund the $60.00 I explained to them that I was down on my luck and that I had recently been layoff at my job which i'm now in my 6th month of it sucks I know but hey I was in telecom and it just went bust. I went through 4 levels of customer service people none of them gave a damn they said they weren't refunding anything. I pleaded and plead to no avail. I explained to Manager of customer service a Mr. Joel Campos in Rio Rancho NM, and his manager that these $60.00 they are holding back would mean that we wouldn't be able to afford to buy groceries this week and that would really suck. Once again they said to bad so sad. Anyway I got the name of the president of Bank of America and wrote an email and I sent it to BOA's customer service department since I don't have the email for the president. They kept saying we refunded some in the past but we can't do it again. It's no shit I have been layoff for 6 months guy's i'm really strugging here. I'm also a programmer on my spare time and They have this programe that knows all this shit and it doesn't give a damn about the customer or if you have children to feed. But then again niether does BOA's customer service people. Carlos The Colony, TexasU.S.A.
Jun 19 2008
Bank Of America Dishonest Brunswick Maine
We've been banking at Bank of America for the past year. I am a Tax Accountant and my partner is a Mortgage Broker. We've never had problems with our accounts until my partner became unemployed and his benefits started to be directly deposited into our checking account. Since then, they have been holding deposits and posting the debits first, causing an enormous amount of overdrafts. The overdrafts are always three at a time which is also suspicious. They have also been holding funds from checks that are drawn from Bank of America subsidiaries which makes no sense at all. We have contacted the Better Business Bureau and the Maine State Attorney Generals office regarding these new events. We are willing join or file an investigation and a class-action suit if anyone is interested and has similar problems. After reading many of these complaints, it seems there is more to this that I thought. Please contact us if you wish to file a suit together. Needless to say, we will never do business with Bank of America or it's subsidiaries again. Dave Brunswick, MaineU.S.A.
Entity: Brunswick, Maine
May 04 2008
Bank Of America Credit card Rippoff Baltimore Maryland
Six moths ago I got some money from my card. I was charged 4 points, not to have to pay interest for a year. This month I was sent a bill, seems they put my card in lost or stollen, so they have issued me a new card, charging me 11.99%. It also says there is a balnce due by the 11th and I dont even have the proper information , account #, to send it too. I am honest and hard working, I dont like being cheated, I pay my bills. Is there any honesty in the world any more? Lyndon Florence, AlabamaU.S.A.
Entity: Baltimore, Maryland
Jul 12 2008
Bank Of America Overdraft fees Bridgeport Connecticut
I have a free checking account with Bank of America, and this is not the first time I've had a problem with them, but this time I am looking to take further action than just calling there customer service. There was an overdraft fee that was charged to my account, even though I never overdrafted, a $35.00 fee was charged, I made a couple of other payments, and purchases and because of this wrongly charged fee, I overdrafted myaccount by a total of $10.00 (meaning that if the $35.00 fee wasn't charged my account would be not be negative). I was then further charged another 4, yes four $35.00 fees because of one bank error. So now this one fee has turned into FIVE fees. When I called customer service they told me that is just how there system works and that there was nothing they could do. This is ridiculous, I work at a large national bank, and I understand that they bank is trying to make money, and one way is by fees, but this is unacceptable and now the bank has made a quick $175.00 because they made an error, and there is nothing they can do. Mark t. Bridgeport, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Entity: Bridgeport, Nationwide
Dec 18 2008
Bank Of America outrageous fees Austin Texas
Bank of America is an unethical institution. After moving to Texas and shopping around for a new bank I chose Bank of America. Bad choice. I even read a report on ripoff but thought it might be an isolated incident or maybe it was the patrons fault. Boy was I wrong. I deposited money on 12/15 only for the money to be held until 12/16. Guess what happened? Five transactions went through. I was charged 175 dollars in fees, this was my christmas gift money. I was with my previous bank for 12 years and never had this happen. I've never paid this much in 12 years combined, I maybe had 4 overdraft fees in 12 years. In less than a year this has happened twice. The first time I accepted responsibility thought maybe I could had done something differently and choked down the $70 worth of fees. However, this last time was just down right unethical. I am a teacher, my daily balance is not going to be high, I pay all my bills on time and am a loyal patron. It seems to me that Bank of America caters only to the wealthier patrons. Middle class is left high and dry. I talked to everyone I could about getting some of the fees refunded but to no avail. My satisfaction will be that someone reads this and doesn't use Bank of America services. If you like$35.00 tacos, use Bank of America and learn the hardway. One more thing, Bank of America tells you they have overdraft protection. The catch, use your savings or open a credit card with them. I no longer have any credit cards and savings as a single parent and teacher ha! Bottom line: Bank of America is number one because it takes advantage of the poor and middle class. We can only hope that kharma kicks their butt. Loyal_101 Austin, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Austin, Texas
Jan 07 2009
Bank Of America A $35,00.00 Car Loan Nightmare! Nationwide
I went to Bank Of America whom I've banked with for 20+ years to take out a loan to buy my dream car. They were only too happy to give me a $35,000.00 loan. The problem came when their personal title company didn't transfer the title, in fact I never received the title at all. While I was out of the country, my car was stolen by Ron Belec and to this day they have never taken responsibility. In the 4 months that the thief Ron Belec had my car, he drove the hell out of it, striped the gears and stole the brake pads I had in the car, as I was going to replace the brake pads. But instead I had to have the brakes totally replaced to the tune of $3,000.00) He smoked cigars and cigarettes, so by the time I got my car back it smelled like an ash tray. My back window had a hole in it, along with scratches, all over the car. I never got the smell out of the car. Bank Of America had their Lawyers go after Belec. But by this time, Belec has gone to the DMV in Olympia and put the title in his name. How does this happen? Why is it when they found this out, didn't Ron Belec go to jail? You tell me? Now for the 4 months that Ron Belec had my car I had to pay the $ 800.00 a month car payments, or I would have been in default of my loan. Bank Of America sued Belec for the theft of the car, what did I get? A messed up car that I would end costing me around $5,000.00 + in repairs, and my name on the lawsuit! So now when I want to get a loan it comes up on my credit report that I was sued by Bank Of America. Oh yes, they threw me under the bus, and I was the victim, my once stellar credit is now damaged. I finally sold my wonderful car in less then 2 years for $20,000.00. I lost all the way around. Who would be brave enough and strong enough to take my case against Bank Of America on contingency? I would be so happy! Please contact me through Ripoff Report. Thanks Jill **** Shoreline, WashingtonU.S.A.
Jan 07 2000
Bank of America Doing Bad Business
I recently went through a divorce. According to our Marital Dissolution Agreement, all proceeds on the house belong to the Husband. Bank of America Mortgage sent the proceed check made out to both me and my ex-wife. I called Bank of America Mortgage about this issue, and they told me to send the check back with another copy of my divorce papers. After doing this, they said they would issue me another check. Instead, they sent me a letter requesting a copy of a deed that shows my ex-wife signing the deed over to me. We both signed the closing documents when we sold the house to another couple. Bank of America knows for a fact that there is not a deed showing that my ex-wife signed the deed over to me. Bank of America has been known for doing wrong on many occasions. Please do not ever get a mortgage through Bank of America. They only exist to steal your money.
Entity: Louisville, Kentucky
Jul 20 2000
Bank of America phony late charges
My mortgage is thru B of A. I used to mail my payment by the 3rd of the month, but noticed that it was never posted to my account until about the 17th of the month. I work downtown Chicago, and Bank of America is right across the street. I thought why mail it and risk getting late charges when I could just as easily cross the street and pay it at their facility. Well, last month, I paid it on the 9th at the bank, and about the 23rd of the month I got a letter from them saying they never received the payment, and tacked on late charges. Luckily, when you pay at the bank, they issue you a receipt. I called the customer service number and reported that I made my payment at the bank itself, and that I had a receipt to prove it. She told me that she would remove the late charges, and not mark my account late, but in the future it would be wiser to just mail my payment, as it takes the payment processing facility three weeks to get the payment from the bank, as they are 'on different systems'. How stupid. I will continue to pay it at the bank and fight a late charge, as I realized if the payment processing facility loses it I have no proof that I even sent it. At least, paying at the bank, I can prove that it was paid on time.
Entity: Chicago, Illinois
Mar 26 2002
Bank of America ripoff - extortoinate fees Pittsburg California
I refinanced my house and had the proceeds direct deposited into my account for convenience. B of A charged me $12.00 for wire transfer fees. I called customer service and they told me it is the same fee I would pay if I went to Western Union and did a wire transfer. Last time I checked, Western Union did not charge a fee to the person RECEIVING the money, and I paid a wire transfer fee as part of the refinance. They are double dipping for a service that costs them nothing. I have requested a refund in writing, but have received no reply. Linda Pittsburg, California Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Bank of America
Entity: Pittsburg, California
Oct 05 2002
Bank of America Corporate Fraud Reno Nationwide
The United States Constitution guarantees the right of an individaul to own property. Bank of America at the advise of legal counsel with malfeasance balantly ignores the Fifth Amendment. Malfeasance is Evil doing; ill conduct; the commission of some act which is positively prohibited by law. The Fifth Amendment guarantees due process, which means proper notice must be given. Bank of America with intent to commit fraud, fails to notice under the Fifth Amendment. Fraud is An intentional perversion of truth; deceitful practice or device resorted to with intent to deprive another of property or other right, or in some manner to do him injury. Fraud is not only a misrepesentation it is also ommission to perform. I openned an escrow to payoff Bank of America a judgment lien. At the close of escrow I was given a Deed of Reconveyance. In the United States of America deed is not given unless the property is free and clear of all liens and encumbrances. This evidences the ownership of the property and title is given in the owners name. After giving a Deed of Reconveyance, which transferred the property back to me, free and clear of any liens, the bank reliened my property. It claims the lien was not paid. The bank simply failed to notice a satisfaction of judgment and claims the Deed of Reconveyance does not evidence claim of ownership. Bank of America relied and preyed on the fact that most citizens do not have a comprehensible understanding of the Fifth Amendment, which is due process, which means due notice, and every state has written into its constitution a confirmation of the Fifth Amendment. The point being, Bank of America received a judgment lien in a court of law. The costs of this lien was not noticed in the court in accordance with federal and state law that the cost had to be noticed within five days. By the bank's failure to notice I was deprived of the opportunity to appeal the costs. After paying the cost of the judgment lien I was given a Deed, but the bank failed to notice a satisfaction of the judgment, thus the bank was able to relien. The orginal amount of the lien was $8,093. It noticed a lien after a deed of reconveyance in the amount of $43,242. Bank of America knows the law and uses it against citizens. It retains attorneys to violate the Constitution and State law, simply because it has the power to do so. It not only contributes to all parties running for office, but in the State of Nevada all city, county and state funds are deposited into its bank. Debby Carson City, Nevada
Entity: Reno, Nevada
Apr 06 2003
Bank Of America ripoff Tucson Arizona
Another game Bank of America enjoys playing is when ever they choose to excercise their right to make chnges to your account or account status. They 1st make what ever transaction necessary then on the same day they mail you the information informing you of the change. Therefore, you are informed of a problem or situation after it already to late to do anything about it. What do you do when you are desperately in need of cash and B of A has frozen your account or they experience one of the many gliches the have in their system? If Bank of America was as good of an organization as they claim to be. They would inform customers of any problem immediatley and give the customer or themselves at LEAST 24hours to get it fixed. But they don't, they could care less how long you've been a member, how much money you've had in their accounts, what your account history is like, or what kind of hell they're putting people through. All bank of america is concerned about is how much money they can get out of your pocket and into their own! Rob Tucson, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Tucson, Arizona
Jan 03 2012
Bank of America bad business Internet
Bank of America is the worst bank in america. I have done buisness with them for 9 years. I have had nothing but bad buisness from them since day one. They never have been honest, and should be shut down. My las deal with them was, well for the 2nd time in 9 years they sent back my social security deposits. If you know anything about social security you will know they are so difficult to work with on returned money. Please be smart and run for your life if you see a sign that says Bank of America, cause the name well its not what you think, it should be called not for america!
Entity: , Internet
Jun 27 2012
Bank of America Cancelled , Internet
Well having been a Bank of America Credit card client for 11 years, I just called to get my new card since we had moved our business and they had sent it out and it had been returned.  They passed me around to 4 different people, who all thanked me for being a client for that long.  In the end they closed my account because of a short sale we are going thru that another bank has drug out for 2 years.  It's the only thing on my credit that is bad, but they just can't look past it, even though they got bailed out by the government and wrote off a bunch of their debt and nobody is supposed to bat an eyelid.   It's ridiculous that those that took the money and pay themselves huge bonuses, can't forgive one small amount on a property that lost 75% of it's value and we cannot possibly afford to keep.   Shame on them is all I can say, it's a sad day in America when Banks are allowed to treat their clients this way, when we had paid in full on time for 11 years.  They told me once the short sale goes thru (which is totally out of my hands) - held up by another bank who every 2 months wants to get repeat info and is obviously using incompetent people to do this deal (which has had three offers on it in 2 years but they won't finalize it all)   That I can call them back and beg to do business with them again... there is no way I would ever entertain those obnoxious, pompous ass bankers at Bank of America ever again.  I hope they realize that God is watching and in the end they will get their true justice.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Dec 17 2009
Bank of America $35. A WEEK Internet
It is a sad day when a bank changes a flat rate of $35. per over draft fee TO $35. per over draft fee EACH WEEK, Banks are getting greedier and not caring about there customers what so ever. the Government may be trying to tax more on the rich, but it is the blue collar and the poor that is going to suffer. rich get taxed more and we pay for it not them.
Entity: , Internet
Nov 13 2009
Bank Of America SCAM Charlotte, North Carolina
Let me tell you a little story about Bank Of America and the way they screwed me. I woke up this morning(payday) and logged into my online banking to see a balance of -$887,650.88.  That's right, negative. Stunned I called the bank to see what kind of error this was and how to resolve it. The very friendly customer service representative told me I needed to contact the Risk Closure department, which I immediately did. I waited on hold for upwards of 30 minutes before getting to a human. The person who I first spoke to, had the intonation as if I were some kind of criminal. When I asked what was going on, I was told that my accounts were being closed by Bank Of America, and I can not open any other accounts with them. I asked the next obvious question why. The response was this, When you signed the Deposit Agreement, you acknowledged that we may close your account at any time. That was it, that was the explanation that this rude representative had. She also stated that she had no specific reason, just that pursuant to the agreement they were closing my account. Great!!! Next question, what is up with the balance, why am I negative almost $1,000,000? She said that when my account goes to their department, they put a default -888,888.88 on the account, so note the difference, between their -888,888.88 and my balance -887,650.88. That means I have a positive account balance of $1,238. I then said, Well I will just go to the bank today to get the money that IS in the account, I was advised that would not be possible, and that I would receive a cashiers check within 10 days of the account closure, which is 10 days from today. They are going to mail me a check in 20 days!!!! My bills will not stop for 20 days!!! I will not stop being hungry for 20 days!!!! This is ludicrous. I took off from work today to go into my local branch and spoke to the branch manager, who then called this risk closure dept. He advised me that it could be a few hours before he would know something, so I left, about an hour later he called me back, and said that if I get to the bank before closing time, (6) then he would be able to release the funds to me. I told him I would be there.... As I was on my way over to the bank, my cell phone rang again from the local branch. The branch manager again, but this time telling me that he received another call from the risk dept. advising him not to release the funds, that I would simply have to wait for the cashiers check!!!!!! What can I do to get my money back, this is my livelihood here. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know...
Entity: Charlotte, North Carolina
Jul 15 2010
Bank of America Online Banking Statement Internet
Bank of America claims their online banking system cannot show a current or accurate billing statement. BoA claims it is impossible to provide customers with a correct amount due both on paper & online that reflects changes made 3 weeks ago.  BoA deducted a $39 late fee from my account 3 weeks ago from another of their ridiculous banking errors. However, on my Bill Pay webpage my current amount due is showing that I owe the $39 & my paper bill they sent shows that I owe $39 late fee too. Yet on my credit card account activity webpage they show the fee was waived 3 weeks ago. The BoA representative gave this excuse: Our bill pay webpage pulls it's information from our billing statements therefore on the date the statement was created the $39 fee was still showing on your account. When I asked why any purchases I made seem to be accurately reflected on my bill during the month he couldn't give me an answer. Summary: Bank of America is blaming their computers for taking 3 weeks to update account activity when it comes to crediting your account back money they owe you but they certainly can maintain up to date current data on your billing account when you make purchases. This is right in line with my past banking experiences with them. A couple years ago I deposited cash by drive up teller during weekday business hours before 4 PM but the amount wasn't credited to my account so I could use that money till the following Tuesday & they blamed the computers. Of course I had written checks over the weekend thinking my money was in the bank & got charge hot check fees on all of them.  They would not back down saying it was my fault. I'd change banks but they all do these same scams and the government looks the other way. Then we bail them out when they make mistakes as if it's still our own fault when it isn't.
Entity: Internet, Internet