BEST BUY Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Best Buy

There may be more reports for "Best Buy"

For more results perform a general search for "Best Buy"

Showing 26-50 of 78,911 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Best Buy"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Apr 18 2001
Best Buy = Best Rip-Off
More than 3 times I have recived horrable service from best buy. They truley dont care about the customer, or any returns. I bought a brand new vcr and gave it to my wife for Christmass. It did not work. Best Buy would not exchange it or work on it without a extended warranty which they made me buy. After 6 weeks I called them only to find out they threw my vcr in the trash because it could not be fixed. As hard as it is to belive, this is completley true. The store manager was rude and rotten to me. DONT EVEN BUY A BATTERY FROM BEST BUY!!!!!!.
Entity: Overland Park, Kansas
Aug 31 2007
Best Buy Best Buy not a good buy on credit Birmingham Alabama
We purchased a laptop computer for our daughter with the terms 6 months same as cash with a best buy credit card.One month after the purchase we went by the store to make an early payment and found out the store would not take a credit card payment! After mailing in the payment we were hit with a FINANCE charge on a 6 MONTHS SAME AS CASH deal! The pakistani who didn't really speak english in customer (dis)service in Bupkiss, India, lamely replied we have changed the terms of the offer. Well we have changed the terms as well. The $3000 limit best buy credit card will be shredded and we will never buy from 'best buy' again! Randall in alabama Hueytown, AlabamaU.S.A.
Entity: Birmingham, Alabama
Feb 08 2017
Best Buy Best Buy CoBest Buy Co, INC Fraud in online purchases Internet
Do not order From Best Buy online. They sell products they don't have. The show they've shipped the items, then do not give the item to the carrier. They promise 2 day shipping on large purchases, then send them by ground. Now my purchase will not arrive before I leave the country for a month. They say they can't refund because it has shipped, after telling me it has not shipped. Then they start putting you on hold and giving you the run around!
Entity: Internet
Oct 10 2011
Best Buy Best Lie Best Buy Black Tie Protection On LED TV's - Big Scam Internet
I bought my Samsung LED TV a few years ago.  I bought a display model.  The screen eventually crapped out on me.  It was a panel failure, and could not be repaired.  They offered to sell me the newest model of a Samsung TV for the same price.  I had purchased the Black Tie Program, which saved my butt as my original warranty expired a month before my TV panel shot it's wad.  The problem is this:When you purchase the Black Tie Program and the TV has to be replaced, because it can't be fixed, they will fix it for you, but that exhausts your future Black Tie Protection.  When you chose another TV, you have to re-purchase the Black Tie Program all over again for the same price to cover the new TV.  This is a RIP - OFF !!  Sears, for example, covers a new TV if you cannot have the original one repaired.  Their extended warranty is still in effect for the 2nd TV.  Best Buy ripped me off for over $260.00, since i had to purchase a new Black Tie Protection Plan.  Do NOT buy your TV's from anyone that has that type of plan, especially Best Buy.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Aug 06 2002
Best Buy ripoff deceptive company consumer fraud Colorado
I purchased an extended warranty performance service plan, for an E-machine compter, in a moment of weakness based upon the store manager's description of how broken items were handled upon return. I was told, by the store manager, that Best Buy just replaces the E-machines with whatever model is currently stocked at the time. The computer died. I took it in for REPLACEMENT and was told that they would have to send it out for repair. I inquired further and found out that until the summer of 2001 they just replaced the computers. However E-machine changed it's policies and Best But followed suit. I did not purchase from E-machine so I am completely disinterested in E-machine's policy change. That is not my problem. Best Buy need's to honor their original committment even if only verbal. I tried resolving this with the corporate consumer relations people for Best Buy to no avail. My recommendation is that everyone who reads this not purchase items from this dishonorable company and that you pass the same suggestion on to others. There are other more reputable dealers in the marketplace. You can reach Best Buy consumer relations directly at1-952-948-2000 or indirectly at 1-800-369-5050 option 4, option 4 and escalate through the management layers. First LA, California
Entity: Colorado
Oct 20 2002
HRS, Best Buy ripoff Industry California
HRS is the problem, not Best Buy. The problem with Best Buy is that they contract out for too many of their services to save money and that screws their customers over. I no longer use HRS for my purchases there and I pick-up my own products. If they don't allow that (i.e. the washer/dryer I bought) I cancel the order and go to Sears. The employees for HRS defending them are probably the exeption, but I have dealt with many rude reps at HRS. We cancelled the account insurance after receiving the first bill and it took 19 months to resolve the problem with the reps at HRS. I have been told it is my fault they couldn't properly cancel it because I signed up for it in the first place, denied a supervisor/manager to speak with and been hung-up on. I finally had it resolved but had to pay several hundred dollars of insurance to avoid the due date for a computer I purchased (because they bundled the insurance charges with the cpu). I have since paid the account off and am happy to not have the hassle with HRS anymore. I still enjoy shopping at Best Buy but would prefer to make large purchases on my Sears card because the credit department is much easier to deal with. I also have an account with Wickes (another HRS user) and have paid off the dining set I purchased to avoid any problems with HRS. It took about a year and there were thankfully no problems with the Wickes/HRS account. For the employees defending the BestBuy/HRS accounts, one can only imagine why so many people would experience such similar situations with these same company accounts. Surely you have probably had a few of these calls yourselves. If no problem existed the complaints would be much fewer and farther between. Ant Torrance, California
Entity: Industry, California
Oct 22 2002
Best Buy ripoff bowling green Kentucky
the monitor went goes to sleeep mode freezes in that mode it is a 19 monitor emc ta-772 series jerry glasgow, Kentucky
Entity: bowling green, Kentucky
Sep 21 2003
Best Buy Warranty Ripoff Virginia Beach Virginia
I purchased a Compaq 1800T notebook computer from Best Buy in Virginia Beach, VA in May 2001 Things were fine until June 2003. I began to experience system crashes, ie: Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your hardware. I would notice these crashes while doing something processor intensive such as defrag or virus scans. I thought I sure am glad I bought the PSP plan from Best Buy, they will get my computer fixed right up! I called the Best Buy help desk on 6/30/2003 and spoke to Dave (case #C1737754). We troubleshot the problem over the phone. We found that the PC was unable to do a Windows XP restore and would crash at various times. He correctly concluded there was a hardware problem (probably the motherboard) with the computer, and directed me to the Best Buy store to send it for service. The PC tech at Best Buy named Clay looked at the computer and wanted to try a restore from the recovery CD that came with the computer and was unsuccessful. I tried to get him to call up the case# that I had opened with the Best Buy help desk but he insisted it was a CD or hard drive problem. I also pointed out that the touch pad button was not working correctly. He opened case #734168643 but did not put the complete information I provided him in the paperwork going to the service center. He assured me they always run complete PC diagnostic checks and repair those kinds of things without writing it down. After 3-1/2 weeks I finally got my computer back. The service center had replaced the CD drive (this takes about 3 minutes) and done NOTHING else. The touch pad button was still not working. They informed me that they had not done a restore since I did not provide the recovery CD. (The recovery CD was for the Windows ME OS and would not have worked anyway since I had upgraded to XP long ago). They could have tried to do a recovery from the hard drive but for reasons unknown to me, they never did. Upon receiving my computer back, I attempted a restore from the hard drive. It still was unsuccessful. I formatted the hard drive and attempted to reload Windows XP numerous times from the disk and continued to receive the same Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your hardware, the original problem I had been having. I once again called Best Buy help desk on 7/30/2003 and spoke to Alfred Sheppard (case #C1786058). After a few minutes, he incorrectly concluded that the problem I am having is due to software. I informed his that could not be the case, as the errors are occurring while trying to load Windows XP. I became skeptical of his subject knowledge I asked to speak to a supervisor. He refused and said it was against policy! I asked to speak to another helpdesk person and got the same answer! He quite cheerfully gave me the number to customer relations and said that I could speak to them if I was unhappy. (I have never heard of such a thing, wouldn't it be better to solve the problem at the lowest level? I felt he was daring me to complain to customer relations). I called the customer relations and spoke to Omar @ X6311 (case 4796596). I explained the problem I was having and even though he admitted to not being a PC expert, it did indeed sound like a hardware problem to him, probably the motherboard. Omar advised me to return to the store and ask for a manager or MOD duty, and that he would send an email to let them know that I was coming in. When I arrived at the store on 7/30/03 and asked to see the manager, the people at the door pointed to the customer service line and said I would have to wait in line. When I got up to the front of the line, I spoke with the MOD, Jeremy Austin and explained the whole story yet again. He said he had no knowledge of any email from customer relations. I would describe his behavior as cocky and combative, certainly not what I would have expected from a store manager. After explaining the problem, he directed me to the computer repair counter, where again a waited in line. After getting to the front of the line, and managing to get his attention (he rarely looked up from other things he was doing while I spoke) I spoke to Glen. Instead of the manager coming over to explain the situation, I had to do it myself yet AGAIN. I am not sure what the point of speaking to the Manager was, unless it was just to elevate my blood pressure. I believe I was able to successfully convey the problem to Glen, and eventually he seemed to listen / understand what I was trying to explain and agreed that it probably is a hardware problem. He did a better job of writing up the service ticket (I hope). The computer was sent in again for repair. This time they replaced the modem. I picked the computer back up and found the original problem was still there. I again brought the computer back and the tech at the store wrote up another service order. When I received it back weeks later, they had replaced the hard drive, but not fixed the problem. After 3 attempted repairs, I am supposed to get a no lemon replacement of the computer. I called Best Buy and they told me to go into the store for a determination. In the store, the service manager told me he has no power to do a no lemon authorization and that it needed to be sent in again. The computer was shipped on 4 September. On 20 September, after talking to numerous employees, I was told that a no lemon was not requested in the paperwork sent to the service center. This in spite of me specifically requesting it at the store and every time I called the help desk. This service night mare has been going on for nearly 3 months. Calling the Best Buy service center does no good as I get different answers depending on who takes the call. The people in the store are of no help, and claim to have no authority to do anything. I am at wits end with these people. I truly believe Best Buy wears people down with these tactics. I am considering small claims court, but that will not help the hundreds of people that will have the same problem in the next month or so. Best Buy should be punished if they can't or won't honor the extended warranties they push down people's throats. Thanks for listening, Scott Virginia Beach, VirginiaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Best Buy
Entity: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Mar 22 2006
Best Buy ripoff Columbia Missouri
they offered a $100 rebate if you bought equipment and signed up for direct tv through them. while they provided all the info and it was followed, the rebate was subsequently denied because of the poor quality of the receipt which obviously was provided by them. so i called their 800 line, and was provided with a duplicate receipt, however, i received it past the deadline and my rebate was refused for a second time. i complained at the store and was told it was my responsibility to ensure that my original was readable enough for the rebate center Timothy san antonio, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Columbia, Missouri
Feb 24 2006
Best Buy Rebate Ripoff HATTIESBURG Mississippi
I FILED FOR MY $150 REBATE FOR PURCHASING A $2300 LAPTOP. IT WAS SUPPOSEDLY SENT TO ME AND RETURNED UNDELIVERABLE IN AUGUST, 2005. IT WAS SUPPOSEDLY MAILED AGAIN IN JANUARY. GUESS WHAT - STILL NO CHECK. MY AUNT IS MY MAIL CARRIER - I HARDLY THINK SHE RETURNED MY MAIL UNDELIVERABLE!! I THINK ITS A HOAX - IT DOES NOT TAKE 6 MONTHS FOR A CHECK TO BE ISSUED AND RECEIVED. TOTALLY DISGUSTED WITH BEST BUY AND THEIR REBATE. Ashley Woodville, MississippiU.S.A.
Entity: Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Dec 18 2005
Best Buy Still Snowing in Columbus Columbus Ohio
I purchased my 52inch LCD TV in June along with the 4yr ($400) service plan. In early Oct the picture started to become snowy and fuzzy. Best Buy had told us to call the manufacturer for the 1st year. When we called Zenith, they forgot to contact the first company. The second company Electrisound (never call these people)came out and called in a replacement part for a digital box. They then gave our part to another cusomter and never called back to tell us if they had ordered another part. I just received a voicemail a month later to schedule another appointment. After the part was given to another customer I called Best Buy, who promptly sent a tech to look at the problem. He order the same part along with another piece for the TV. When they finally arrived one was smashed. The tech put a rush order on the peice and replaced both, however the same problem still exsisted. The tech, on his notes which I have a printout, states that the set is unfixable and request a no lemon replacement. Basicly a new TV. 3-5days passed and on the 9th of Dec I called when I heard nothing from them. After being told the system was down and they could not access my notes I demanded to speak to a supervisor. I was then told that they had trouble finding the tech, and that no notes were in the system from the tech. I called around 1:30am on the 10th and was told that the tech had somehow been reached at 11:49pm on Friday night the 9th. I guess they found him at his favorite watering hole. (humor). What tech is around at midnight. Dedication is his middle name. (again humor). The report somehow now states that a replacement is again on order, (remember the TV is not able to be fixed), and that if I do not get the part by the 16th I will receive the all ellusive no lemon RA number. Well Friday has come and gone and now I am being told that it will take another 3-5 business days to receive the number. I have worked for and have never treated a customer this way. My advice and what I will practice is to use a smaller local dealer for big ticket items. It may cost a little more in the long run, but it will be easier for them to hear the noise of an unhappy customer. As a footnote, my expireince has been much worse than indicted in this letter, there are about 10 more calls to the store and corporate that I can't include because of the length. I wanted to spare you of the boring details. Thanks for reading. Derrick Obetz, OhioU.S.A. sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company your comments on this policy are welcome! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Columbus, Ohio
37, Report #194719
Jun 04 2006
Best Buy ripoff Rebate Pensacola Florida
I BOUGHT A HP PAVILION, AND THE REBATE WAS NOT HONORED. I SENT OFF THE PAPERWORK TO A PO BOX (WHICH CANNOT BE SENT VIA CERTIFIED MAIL) OVER 3 (THREE) TIMES AND STILL WAS DENIED MY REBATE. HP DID HONOR THEIRS AND REBATED ME THE $100 AS ADVERTISED. BEST BUY DID NOT HONOR THE $300 REBATE AND I DID ALL THAT I COULD FOR 180 DAYS, BUT WAS TOLD THEY HAD NEVER RECEIVED ANY OF IT. Masie Pensacola, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Pensacola, Florida
38, Report #194933
Jun 05 2006
Best Buy ripoff Folsom California
On August of 2005 I went in search of a 24 TV, and at Best Buy I decided I wanted the Sony, because it is a very good brand, and Ive always had Sony so I am very pleased with their products quality. I go at 12pm to buy the Tv, 350 dollars I ended up paying, afterwards My parents and I went to my school, for an appointment, and the headed back home. i didnt take the tv out of the car until we got home and we did nor crashed or anything, everything was perfect, got home, took the big box by myself, and when i am about to open it, I take the wrapper out, and I realize the TV is completly shattered, the screen is pushed in, the plastic frame is complety broken. I was so disspaointed but since we had boughht it that day, we went back to best buy, to change it because it was horrible. when we got there we first talked to the guy that helped us buy it, and he agreed they needed to replace it, bu then the manager starts talking to me, and asks me questions if i had dropped it, and I said no, I even told him, I even took the tv out of the box, but then after 30 mins he decides that because the box did not presented any damage he was implying it was our fault, and that we had taken it out and dropped it, but the he started saying that they knew they werent guilty of the damage but he wasnt saying it was our fault either, and still he wouldnt cahge it. My stepdad got really mad, of seeing this scenario, so i started talking to my mom in spanish commenting about the situation and how stupid it was, so they wouldnt change it, and we left the tv there at the store, and WHIle i was there waiting for my stepdad cuz he was bringing a Camera, the started making fun of I dont know what and they treated me very bad. Next day we called sony, and they said it was Best buy resposibility so we call best buy and after 45 min waiting a representative tells us he cant do anything, because he called the store and the manager told him we were saying in spanish that we had broke it. Apart from being ROBBED, we were MISTREATED, and My advice for anyone, dont buy at BEST BUY, the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE... that same day we went to Circuit City and bought it from them, you could clearly see the difference in Customer Service and Store representation. Juan Folsom, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Folsom, California
Oct 16 2006
Best Buy Warranty Ripoff Tulsa Oklahoma
Best Buy does not permit the return of defective products after 30 days, regardless of the nature of the defect. They also care only about taking dollars out of your pocket. Five years ago I bought a digital camera and when I got home I discovered all I had was an empty box. They would do nothing. I sued them and the judge gave me a $2,500 punitive damage award. Last year (my last visit to BB) I bought a flash drive that failed after 38 days. They would not take it back and insisted that I submit my grievance to the manufacturer. I did and the manufacturer did not respond. I sued BB. They gave me back my money immediately. Not a good place to shop. Jay broken arrow, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: Tulsa, Oklahoma
40, Report #220707
Nov 15 2006
Best Buy Warranties are a joke Ripoff Sprinfield Illinois
I purchased an I-Pod for my son for a previous Christmas. I purchased a 2-year REPLACEMENT warranty. The store was selling Over-the-courter replacement warranties as hassle-free, no need to send anything off or wait for something to be returned. Just bring it to the store and they will REPLACE it. The I-Pod has stopped working properly and although it has been almost 2 years, it is still under the original purchased warranty. I took it to the store for the REPLACEMENT and I was informed that the store no longer does those as of this past June 1. They told me that the over-the-counter warranties were just something that their individual store was offering but they have now reverted back to the general Best Buy warranty and that I will need to send it in and wait for a voucher. Since I was in their individual store I saw no reason for them not to honor the warranty I purchased from their individual store. I informed the counter help and 2 additional managers that I purchased my warranty before their change in policy and it should be honored under the terms at the time of sale. Of course, they would not. I will have to resort to sending it in and hope the company will do the right thing even if the store will not. But, from the looks of all the complaints, I have my doubts. Statistically, only 1% of all dissatisfied customers actually file a complaint. With all the complaints on this site being only 1% of the complaints, I wonder how they stay in business. I know I will never step foot in their store again. I have also downloaded a complaint form from the Illinois Attorney General and am filing a complaint with them and I will refer them to this site, also. Sandy Springfield, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Sprinfield, Illinois
Sep 24 2006
Best Buy ripoff West Hartford Connecticut
Composition date September 4 2006. On August 17th, 2006 I called Best Buy to get my computer fixed. My USB ports on my computer stopped working, tech on phone asked me all the proper questions and told me the only way they would fix my computer is if I formatted and totally wiped all my data off my hard drive, to rule out a software problem, no problem. I backed all my data up and did this. I did a factory install with the built in partition on my hard drive that held my virtual recovery disk,( was told at the time of purchase I did not need recovery disks due to the fact that it was on my hd, anyway). After I did this the problem was still there, no USB ports. So I installed a 4 port pci USB card that I had and I had ports working. So this tells me that it is a hardware problem. I call back Best Buy tech and was told that this is not good enough, I have to restore with disks. Fought for about 15 minutes I had no disks and did a factory restore via the built in recovery system on my SHUTTLE machine, and on top of that, I installed the card and the ports in the card work,finally the tech agreed to give me a new mother board and they would be out on the 25th to repair. Well the 25th came and went no phone call from Best Buy, so I called them and spoke to a Ferrel Fredericks, he told me my motherboard was on back order form the Shuttle,and they would be out on the 1st of September. I was mad but ok what can I do. I hung up with him, then proceded to call Shuttle myself Case Number 128271, and spoke to a tech named Chen. He informed me that there was no back order on my motherboard, hmmmm, interesting. I thanked him and called back Ferrell. Well Ferrell kept insisting it was on back order. I insisted to speak to a supervisor. I got Giovanni on the phone, he too kept telling me it was on back order from Shuttle. I told him I spoke to the person at Shuttle who told me it was not and that they could overnight me one if they wanted too, Giovanni told me that shuttle would not overnight just one motherboard,(ok maybe this is so) so I didnt want to argue with him anymore. So I asked for Giovannis last name and, what a surprise. He hung up on me LOL. So I called back Shuttle and asked if Best Buy called and asked for just one motherboard to be shipped would they do it, and they told me absolutely, now I am mad!! I called Best Buy back with this information and went around for about 15 more minutes telling the tech Shuttle told me Best Buy never put in an order for my motherboard, but finally after all this time she informs me that the part is coming from a 3rd party supplier. So with my blood boiling I had to accept the date of September 1st and filed a complaint with there consumer relations, then hung up. Well september first came and went, so on the 2nd I called and asked what was going on with my repair, part was still back ordered, but this time they had no date for a repair! No, this was not going to fly this time,I asked them if the customer was #1 priority and I was told yes. Well then why am I being made to wait for my repair. She told me because your part is on backorder. I told her it isnt on backorder from the Shuttle. They could get a refurbished one from Shuttle. She told me because your machine is out of factory warranty we dont buy from them. I asked her why couldnt they make an exception and take care of there #1 priority paying customer, and instead of waiting for a motherboard,and telling me they dont know when they will get it. Go to Shuttle and get me one now. She said I have to wait. I said so you are telling me that if it takes 2 months to get a board I have to wait 2 months. She basically said yes! This Lady let me record the conversation so this is all on tape. It amazes me that I paid $250.00 for a sevice plan and this is how I am treated. Well no updates as of yet. And I am going on a month with no repairs yet. It states in the agreement in the service plan that repairs will be made as quick as possible. This is a breach of the agreement, because my problem is not being taken care of as quickly as possible, because it is possible for Best Buy to get me a motherboard from Shuttle today. But Best Buy refuses to help me in this situation, my next recourse will be to contact the attorney general and the consumer protection agency. September 5th still no contact from Best Buy September 6th still no contact from Best Buy Well tonight, September 7th at 7:30 pm got a call from some person leaving a message on my machine saying he is from microcomputer repair, so I called the number back and some guy answers the phone and says hello? I said hello, (pause) I said is this computer repair person? He said oh yes, so I said my name and he said he wanted to set up a time to come fix my machine, now I thought that Best Buy Geek Squad or someone professional would come out, anyway, he proceeds to tell me he has no openings until Thursday the 14th! Oh well whats one more week, lets make it a month. I told him Best Buy made me wait a month for this repair and he stated that was actually good. Oh well I guess this is what you get when you buy a $250.00 performance service plan with Best Buy, Next entery will be the progress of the actual repair. On September 8th I called regarding my complaint I made on the corporate level, some one was supposed to call Wednesday September 6th to follow up my complaint, but surprise! No one did. Well today Lateef was the lucky victim, as with all other people from this company I got absolutely nowhere, I did get an admission from this person that what Best buy did was UNETHICAL. I thanked him for this comment and he assured me that this would be sent back up to corporate again. And wow I got another complaint number out of the deal. So I will sit back again and wait for a phone call from the caring people at Best Buy who care so much about the customer, Oh by the way , Lateef did offer me a $50.00 gift card from Best Buy, I kindly laughed and declined the offer. Funny too I requested my money back for my pc and the service plan in my original complaint to corporate, Lateef told me none of that was in the complaint, but I asked Lateef if recorded phone calls were kept, he told me they were and they are not erased so I have all the proof I need of all these stories I am being told. Well here we are Thursday the 14th @4:30 pm, Appointment was for 4:00pm, aint this something. Wait a month for sevice, then service day comes and tech is a no show. Called Best buy back,Guess what they told me, we will escalate this to corporate, how did I guess, she also is contacting the tech who was supposed to show up. Well according to their system, my appointment was for between 3 and 5, not what I was told, oh well it is 4:39 so I guess I will sit back and wait till 5 to satisfy them. 5 came and went, no tech, no phone call ,got back on phone at 5:30, was informed that they are going to contact the tech to find out where he is, was told I would get a phone call to inform me of what is going on ,it is now 5:40 pm. Called back at 6:00pm because surprise I didnt get any calls back, tech is trying once again to contact service tech. Well at 6:10 the tech showed up, he proceeded to make the repair on my machine, come to find out a month later, the motherboard he brought came from Shuttle, now I am totally baffled as to what this whole thing was all about, well it is 8:pm and machine is good to go. But I cannot and will not let this go, it is totally unprofessional of a big corporation like Best Buy, dont know where I will get but I am going to fight the fight for the little peon customer. Dave bristol, ConnecticutU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Best Buy
Entity: West Hartford, Connecticut
Sep 05 2004
Best Buy - UPS ripoff Independence Missouri
After my most recent experience I will no longer shop at Best Buy. I have shared my story with numerous other people and will continue to do so. Best Buy sent my laptop off to have the operating system repaired and then had it shipped to my house. When it arrived the keys were smashed in and the speaker raised up, you couldn't open the cd player and there was no sound. I took it to the best buy store in Independence (the one's who sent it off under warranty) My daughter witnessed, and then pointed it out to me, that they were prying the cd player open with a screwdriver. They then brought it out to me and said see it works. I told them that if I got home and it didn't work I would be bringing it back and it would count as a service visit. My daughter at that point pointed out the keyboard being caved in and the speaker being raised. I didn't notice it prior to that but wasn't understanding what she was saying to me because I was so upset. She then pointed it out to me in the car again. I then understood what she said. I called the best buy 1-800 number to get this resolved and they only told me to take it back up there for repair. I went home and got all the stuff for it (books, software, etc...) and took it up there. I no longer wanted the computer because of the damage done to it. This was explained more than once to their mangers at the Independence store to which, Jeff, just laughed in the background with the techs and Tom was of no help. Tom initially gave me a phone number for UPS and Huelett Packard putting the blame on them. I went home and tried to get this resolved via the phone. UPS denied any responsibility, as did HP. I called TOM back and he was very rude and told me that it wasn't his problem, I did not take kindly to his attitude and responded with a rude comment right back. he then hung up on me. I have since filed with the Better Business Bureau, Attorney Generals office and At your service with the Kansas City Star. Best Buy's comment to the BBB about my claim was that I told them at the store I was going to take my laptop and wreck it and then bring it back. I am appalled at their lying behavior and the fact that they went so far to rip a customer off. Why on earth would I tell them I'm going to wreck my computer and then go do so and bring it back. That never happened, and to coax your employees into lying is such a bad business practice. I initially wanted a replacement for the one they broke but now I just want my money back. I no longer wish to do service with Best Buy. I also am taking a business class at a local college and my presentation/report is going to be my experience with Best Buy and the condition of my laptop. I will be taking the laptop, the packaging it came in, copies of other complaints, and my daughter and boyfriend who were both witnesses. I will share my experience with a class full of 26 students so that they can think twice before making a purchase at Best Buy ever again. Koreen blue springs, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: Independence, Missouri
Oct 16 2004
Best Buy ripoff Union City California
best buy rips-off comsumers by selling them inferior productsrecommended by their inferior staff, then giving store credit for more inferior products. assistant manager joanne then tells you that you should go to direct to the manufacturers store to get the correct product, and have a nice day! since i have wasted $30 there and must now go to the sprint store, how can i have a nice day? consumers beware this store! i should have been told when i bought my sprint/samsung phones that the samsung products were generic per the assistant manager, and if i want brand i need to go around the corner to the sprint store. I bought the samsung chargers on the advise of the best buy employee, who should have informed me that the product he was selling was generic and inferior. best buy does not stand behind what they sell, but are quick to give you credit to buy more of their generic equipment. Elizabeth Hayward, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Union City, California
Nov 12 2004
Best Buy ripoff deceptive service plans Watertown Massachusetts
Warning! Best Buys extended service plans a rip off. The plans are touted by all sales staff as parts and labor plans. The pamphlet states they are parts and labor as well. In fact, as I discovered the major appliances plans DO NOT cover labor on the very items that people buy the plans to cover. Get this! on fridges the compressor is parts only. On washers the drive moter and transmission is parts only. In short, the sales staff are lying through their teeth when they sell you these plans. If you have to pay labor on a compressor or drive motor or transmision you just about might as well buy a new appliance. Except you will need an extra $100.00 because of the money Best buy bilked you out of when they deliberately misrepresented their service plan. Michael watertown, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Entity: Watertown, Massachusetts
45, Report #119340
Nov 22 2004
Best Buy Rebate RIPOFF Calais Maine
Here is the skinny.. I purchased a laptop from Best Buy in Grapevine, TX in February. I only bought it because the rebate was 400. When you buy things with rebates make sure they go to the same place! These did not. I followed the instructions as per the rebate forms. I then called to follow up and inquire as to how long the process would actually be. I was told 8 weeks. When I never received anything from them I called a second time. I was asked to resend the receipts to them at a different expedited address. It's now November guys and nothing. I called today to inquire about the rebates. I asked to speak with a supervisor immediately and Troy answered. He then began to tell me that he was very sorry but the offer had expired. I mentioned that I had now on two seperate occasions sent in the correct paperwork and he told me that was too bad, they are not responsible for lost items and directed to the portionof the receipt that states that. ( cause I am unable to read I suppose) then I asked to speak with his manager and he told me No.. He told me his manager does not speak to customers. Guess what guys, I have a list of the CEO, COO, CFO and all the SVP's that work in their coporate office in Richfield, MN. I also put in a call to one of them. I'll let you know how far I got. Troy if you get the opportunity to read this I apologize in advance that you were unwilling to help me resolve this simple issue. I recognize you are probably just doing your job however, you NEVER say NO to a customer. More importantly you dont speak down to them either. Best of luck to you sir!! Bdavid Grapevine, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Calais, Maine
Oct 26 2004
Best Buy Ripoff Terrible Customer Service Altamonte Springs Florida
This is getting really unbelievable. I wrote an email to your customer service department on Friday describing a problem I was having at one of your locations. I purchased a top-of-the-line Dyson Vaccum Cleaner from you and fortunately purchased the extended warrantee. Over two weeks ago it broke and I brought it in for repair. I was told it would be ready in 8-10 days. So last Friday I called to check on the status. After letting the phone ring for 15 minutes someone picked up and simultaneously hung up. I called again. This time to the Customer Service line where an associate told me that the person in repair was with another customer and that's why he didn't pick up the phone. Why couldn't someone else pick up, explain this and put me on hold? This time she transfers me to repair where a gentleman tells me that it looks like my vacuum is still at the repair shop and he has no information beyond that. I asked him for the number of the repair facility to which he tells me he is not allowed to give that number to customers. So I ask him if he could call and then call me at home with any information, to which he agrees. Saturday afternoon I still have not received a call so I call the store again. Once again it rings for 21 minutes before I get an answer. When the associate answers this time, he asks me if I made the call after 3p the day before. I replied that yes it was around 4pm Friday afternoon. He then tells me that this is the reason why I did not get a call back because the shop is closed after three and won't reopen until Monday. Once again somebody could have said this before. At this point I emailed your customer service department and received a generic reply that was both patronizing and an insult to my intelligence from a girl named Charline or Charmaine. She tells me that she followed up with the repair shop and that my vacuum is being processed normally. How did she get in touch with the closed repair facility? So I called the store again today where once again I had to call twice because someone picked up and hung up after ringing for over 15 minutes. This time the associate checks the status and comes back on the line to inform that there has been nothing done with my vacuum cleaner and that I should call on Wednesday when the repair department manager a gentleman named Milton will be there. Why was I told that my vacuum is being processed normally when it hasn't been touched? You guys should be ashamed. By the way the store is your Altamonte Springs Florida location Richard Oviedo, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Altamonte Springs, Florida
Oct 05 2005
Best Buy ripoff worthless service contract Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Best Buy Corporate Customer Care P.O. Box 949 Minneapolis, MN 55440 To Whom It May Concern: On September 29, 2005, I called your 800 for service on our Mitsubishi Projection TV. I called about 6 AM, and after having to go through what seemed like an endless number of choices to select from, I was on hold for at least 45 minutes before I was able to speak to someone, which to me is a ridiculous amount of time to have wait at that early time in the morning, I may expect that during peak business hour, but at 6 AM, come on, you people need to do something about service center response time. I explained to your service center person that I believed that the only repair needed done was to have the projection lamp replaced according to the light indicator on the front of the television. She stated that service could not be provided until October 4, 2005, and if this was acceptable. My reply was that it was not acceptable because I don't believe that it should take a week just to replace a projection lamp, which should take no longer than 15 minutes to replace according to the TV's Owner's Guide. She said she would set us up for service on October 4, 2005 and she would also have someone return a call to me about the possibility of having an earlier service date. Guess what! No one ever returned the call! On Tuesday, October 4, 2005, I called at 11:00 AM to ask when the service person was scheduled to come and do the repair, behold to find out the original service center person, (unfortunately I don't remember her name, of course I didn't expect such poor service from Best Buy), did not even write up a service order. There was a record that I called, but no service order written, very unsuitable practice by your service center personal. I know you can research back to who the service center person was, and this practice should be addressed with her. I am sure if she has done this to me, she has done this with other customers and will do this with future customers. Your service center person said she could arrange to have the repair done on October 5, 2005, unacceptable, I already had to take the day off from work because it seems now a days service companies are unable to schedule a time of day, let alone show up on the correct day scheduled. My wife had to call the local Best Buy store and then the service center again to get the local repair company telephone number to find out if they could come out today. The repairman finally arrived at 1:30 PM, and all he could do was take out the lamp that needed to be replaced, he did not have a new one to replace the burnt out lamp, he stated it would be at least another week before we would have the new lamp. Two weeks to replace a lamp, totally but totally unacceptable repair practice on a $ 400.00 service contract and a $ 6,000.00 TV. My wife and I spent over $ 6,000.00 for the television and service contact and this is the best we can expect from Best Buy? Plus, we have already paid this merchandise off, so is this how customers are treated afterwards? Now did I not only lose a day's wages for nothing today, but I will have to lose another day's worth of wages, plus he can't even tell me what day he can return. My wife and I will definitely think twice before purchasing merchandize from Best Buy again, if we even ever consider Best Buy again. In my eyes I can no longer consider Best Buy as America's No. 1 specialty retailer of technology and entertainment products and services and will by word of mouth pass this on to our family and friends, plus various web-sites as the Rip-Off Reports, etc. Due to this gross inconvenience I feel that my wife and I should receive some sort of monetary reimbursement. I want to mention this was not a problem from the service company that Best Buy contracts through, but through Best Buy itself, due Best Buy's employees lack of communication, inadequate employee training, Best Buy's inept ability to solve the problem immediately same day service due to their screw-up. Dale Carnegie, PennsylvaniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Best Buy
Entity: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Jun 04 2005
Best Buy Rebate ripoff Savannah Georgia
I had purchused 2 500.00 cameras from them and 2 memory cards. Well the cards had a 60.00 rebate when you buy 2 of them, huh, I sent my receipt and upc bar code and have never received my refund. They should be ashamed as I have searched and found that they rip alot of refunds off. My husband was over seas at war at the time and needed these items to send home his boys pics of him. I will never shop them ever again!!! If you search the webb, you 2 will see they are a rip off Tammie bloomingdale, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Savannah, Georgia
49, Report #122084
Dec 09 2004
Best Buy ripoff Lousy Customer Service
I went to get a tracking number for an order my mother placed because she goofed on my address. Went to contact customer service and gave the rude lady my mothers name etc was told we can't do this your not her What insulted me was she asked are you ***** DUHH. I wanted to give her the order # and she repeated her scripts. This has gone too far. What a crappy way of doing customer service! I will never shop BestBuy Online again. I'm thinking about putting a complaint to the CEO of Best Buy but what good will that do? Another customer service rep treated my Mom the same way.. GURRR. Enjoy your 600 percent markup mr CEO of BestBuy, INC You have some cool stuff but your customer service agents are F***IN RUDE! Me needs to make an effort to record his calls to customer service for quality and BS Rob Mary Esther, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Jan 04 2005
Best Buy ripoff Rebate for Computers Anchorage Alaska
I bought the Emachine computer combo the day after Thanksgiving sale. I mailed off the $50 rebate for the monitor and the $350 rebate for the computer. I certified each envelope. Triple checked ALL requirements to make certain I did nothing to screw this up. As that is a big amount of cash back rebates. The only eay I can afford the computer at the time was to put it on my Best Buy credit card as well. So I get back my 2 cards (One week apart from each other) One is signed by an employee and the other is hand stamped. Reconsider I have no clue what this means so I call the rebate center and talk with a gal. She says that she doesnt have all my information that I need to give it time to be put in the system. However she did state that reconsider usually means that something wasnt done properly. Well, I told her that it must not be true as I had the mail lady double check for me before I put the stuff in the envelope. Then I said let me guess, the reconsider was the $350 rebate right? and of course it was. So my thought is this. IF they do deny me my rebate for whatever purpose they dream up. I will return the computer and everything else I purchased from them in the past 3 months. Any one else have a Reconsider on their rebates? How can they reject something when I KNOW I did it RIGHT? L Anchorage, AlaskaU.S.A.
Entity: Anchorage, Alaska