CIC CREDIT MONITORING Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: CIC Credit Monitoring

There may be more reports for "CIC Credit Monitoring"

For more results perform a general search for "CIC Credit Monitoring"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Mar 29 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff scam Internet Worldwide
I was charged a fee of 79.95 by this company without knowing about it. Now I have NSF charges by my bank. John Marathon, FloridaU.S.A.
Feb 23 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff deceptive company California
discovered a charge on my credit card for something I didn't purchase. Tried contacting them and was on hold forever! How do I get the credit to the credit card as money does not frow on trees? Cynthia Winder, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Mar 16 2006
CIC Credit Monitoring RIPOFF Internet
I signed up for a credit report from an internet company (consumerinfo.com) back in 2002 to check on my credit, and little did I know this company charged my credit card every year since. I don't recall signing up for it! I already called them in 2004 to cancel the service, and to stop charging my credit card, but they still do. The most recent one is on 3/2/06 for $79.95. What the heck? I just called them, and all they can do is to prorate the service which I've never ordered to begin with. Somebody needs to sue this company for fraudulently charging people. Febrina Daly City, CaliforniaU.S.A.
May 26 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Shawnee Oklahoma
I have $79.95 deducted from my checking account. If this is a free credit report online, I wish someone would explain the overdrafts on my account to me. The domino effect has cost me $86.00 in overdraft fees alone. Not to mention having to call and explain the problem to the places that the checks were returned to. One of which was a child/spousal support check to my ex. I believe that I am owed all of the money back that this so called free credit report has cost me. $321.00!!!! Jimmy Shawnee, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity:
Sep 10 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Orange California
Charged a monthly $79.95 on my VISA check card without autgorization from a one time request of credit report that I payed aprox. $25.00. Will be calling company then number on another rip off report and filling a complainty with Federal Trade Commission for computer internet fraud. Michael Fresno, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jul 25 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff scam dirt bags Nationwide
just a few days ago i just checked my statements on my credit card online and poof there was a charge of $79.95. I don't remember even going to the web page to even sign up for the free credit check and because of that damn fraud from CIC Credit Monitor i got a overlimit fee thank you very much ripoff punks 7/11/2003 CIC*CREDIT MONITOR SVC, 877-513-4175 , CA $79.95 7/12/2003 OVERLIMIT FEE $29.00 R juneau, AlaskaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Jul 16 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring Service ripoff Internet
I too was charged $79.95 to my Visa by this CIC Credit Monitoring Service to which I had NOT authorized. I called and spoke to someone at the company to which I was assured that this would be credited back to my account!!! This was not the first nor the last time an internet company has charged bogus crap to my account, I guess they think we are too stupid to notice this stuff!! WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT THIS?? Pissed in Houston!! Michaele Houston, TexasU.S.A.
Jul 06 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring Ripoff Fradulent charge Internet
I signed up for a free credit report, no obligation necessary. After viewing my report, I called the company to verify that I was not interested in enrolling in their monitoring service. I was assurred that I would not be charged. 3 days later a charge from the company appeared on my bank account. I contacted the number provided in the tracking information provided by my bank. I was told that though they could cancel my membership (again) they would not be able to refund the charges placed on my account because they had no record of my first call. When I asked to speak with a supervisor I was told that there were no supervisors for me to speak with and it would be necessary for me to send a fax, out lining my comlaint to 714-385-2100. When I expressed that I did not feel that I had received adequate assistance with my complaint, I was told there was nothing more that would be done and was disconnected. Erika Richmond, MaineU.S.A.
Sep 30 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Orange California
Last year this company told me I did not call and tell them I did not want to have continuing credit report. I told them in that phone conversation I did not want any further reports. That when this year came around they were to cancel the collecting of $79.95. However this year the withdrew the yearly fee of $79.95. They do not do what a person requests. This report orginally was for a friend (Charles) I allow him to get a one time report on my Visa as he did not have a Visa Card. When I called a cancelation, they insisted I could not cancel even through it was my Visa card. I had Chuck call and tell them to cancel. They obvious did not honor either request. Jeanene Reading, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Nov 10 2004
CIC* Credit Monitoring ripoff California
Reconciling my mother's October statement (she's a retired senior citizen), I noticed this peculiar $9.95 fee. After checking with Mom, she had gone to this Free Credit Report website and had cancelled right away. After doing a web search, I found your less than flattering statements regarding bad consumer experiences. Well, you can add us to the list. I refused to provide an account number (again) to these people, finally speaking with Jade (an alleged supervisor). After taking a forceful stance (knowing all too well the telephone etiquette they brainwash to these telemarketers), she cancelled the account, but could not reverse the initial charges (since a month had lapsed, allegedly). I'm going to the bank in a few minutes, and CIC better not be in any future bank statements. This company is run by crooks. Go to a legit source to get a real credit report without any hidden charges. CMS memphis, TennesseeU.S.A.
Nov 01 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Internet
I too want to report I was a victim of this company and can also offer a simple solution to the problem. I had signed up for this service having read the fine print. I understood what I was getting into and had a gut feeling it was a bad idea but knew I had fulfilled my end of the agreement. My assumption was that this was a legitimate company and is bound by law to follow their agreement just like I have to but found out that this is not true. I had cancelled the agreement moments after printing out my free report. This is totally within their disclosure. I have the right to cancel at any time but would have to pay after the trial period had elapsed. I was angry to find that they charged me even though I had cancelled. This is my advice. You must document the time and date you called and it doesn't hurt to find out which associate helped you with your request to cancel. This information can be used to call the number on your statement and assertively let them know what your concern is. Be polite yet firm about your request and let them know that the only possible solution is for them to refund the full amount. This worked for me. It wasn't hard and I am guessing this is due to the fact that they handle these calls all the time. I have been hassled by companies like this before. You must stand your ground and tell them what they must do or that you will file a claim against them. It isn't fair that you were charged at all but its worth the hassle to get your money back. My second piece of advice is to not use any online services of this type since I have encountered the same problem from other companies. It's a scam that works on people who do not diligently check their bank statements. It works; do not be a victim. I would like to know if anyone has had any luck with a class action settlement. They deserve to be punished for their deliberate neglect in updating their records. Jennifer Wrightstown, WisconsinU.S.A.
Entity:
Apr 20 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Internet
I went on the web sit of a creditor. I thought I had a month free, with the option to dicontinue if I wanted. I didn't remember when the month ended. I did not authorize any company to charge my credit card. Now, this morning, I have been charged 79.95 from CIC Credit Monitoring. I want this off my card. Melody Pana, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
May 08 2004
Cic Credit Monitoring ripoff Nationwide
About thirty days ago I requested my FICO reports from the three agencies. The only site I gave my cc number to was MYFICO. Now this scam company, CIC Monitoring, has charged my cc account. I am filing fraud charges through my banking instituition and have emailed MYFICO with the above. Brian Imperial Beach, CaliforniaU.S.A.
May 05 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff! Internet
I am a single mother, I just started a job after completing graduate school which I am paying for every month. I am a social worker for the school system in tennessee so i am not a rich person by any means. I check my bank statements constantly to see how much money i have so i wont bounce anything and to go to work an see a debit for something i didn't even know about is heart breaking and upseting. This is a rip off. I don't even remember entering any credit card information in for this company and if i did it was several months ago while i was looking for a place for me an my son to live. now i have to call the bank, stop my card and wait till they can do something about it. Is this how individuals repay people in my field people who struggle day to day in order to help others? if it is I don't appreciate it one bit and I am going to fight as hard as I can to make sure this is taken care of. this right now is taking away from my work time since i am so upset about it rip off. Angela murfreesboro, TennesseeU.S.A.
40, Report #120674
Dec 01 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Skokie Illinois
This company says that after they give you a copy of your credit report that you can just cancel and you will not pay a dime. What a crock. Two days after I signed up I sent them a email specifically saying that they stop the membership and I kept a record for myself. About a month later I get a charge off my account for the 79.95 charge and the thing that pissed me off was that I did not have that much in my account at that time so i got a 30 dollar charge that my bank refused to take away and that CIC refused to pay. So now I had to pay a extra 30 bucks for no reason. The thing I learned is never ever give a company permission to continually take money out of your bank account. John skokie, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Skokie, Illinois
41, Report #119591
Nov 23 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Internet
I thought I was getting a free credit report,this was about six months ago. until I notice a charge on my bank account from CIC CREDIT REPORTING,I did not sign up for this charge. I need some info as to how to contact these people and tell them to stop charging my credit card. since I have no idea who they are,or how they got a hold of my credit card info. Mario Grayslake, IllinoisU.S.A.
Jun 11 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring Service ripoff Internet
cic credit monitoring service has charged me 79.95 for a report that I have never ordered from them, and in fact had never heard of them until I saw the charge on my checking account. This company has stolen from me and I hope they go to jail just like any other criminal. These people are theives. Douglas Georgetown, TexasU.S.A.
Jun 12 2004
CIC-Credit Monitoring ripoff Nationwide Internet
I just noticed a charge on my account for $79.95. I never authorized this charge. I did sign up for a free credit report 2 years ago and cancelled during the trial period. This is the first charge from them I have received Erika St. Petersburg, FloridaU.S.A.
Jun 14 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff California
CIC Credit Monitoring told me I could cancel at any time. NO where on the site does it have an area to cancel. After two e-mails stating I wanted to cancel, I was charged for services. Do Not sign up for their services!!!! You'll be sorry. Chelle Marion, IndianaU.S.A.
Jun 21 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Orange California
they charged my Visa, 79.95, and I want to cancel, and they won't let me cancel.. Keeps avoiding me. William Saginaw, MichiganU.S.A.
Jun 08 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff Internet
I logged on to a pop-up ad to get my FREE credit report; it ended up costing me $12.95, which I paid. his morning there is a charge of $79.95 on my checking account for credit monitoring which I did not authorize or want. This is a scam. I know who is hitting my credit report. I don't need a company to say there have been no changes in the report. I was trying to clean up the past, not watch the present and future unfold. This is a rip-off that I intend to stop. I don't want anyone hitting my checking account without written approval from me. Brenda Bonneau, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Internet, Nationwide
Jun 16 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff California
I asked for a free credit report some time last year.... and today I was looking at my credit card statement and noticed a charge of $79.95 from CIC Credit Monitoring. I had never heard of these people. I called the company and they said after some time of arguing that they would refund the money at a prorated amount of $37.71. I immediately called my credit card company and am having the charge disputed. These people should be put out of business! Kristy Edmonds, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: California, California
Feb 05 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring Services ripoff Internet
CIC Credit Monitoring Service signed up for a free credit report (which I never receipt), the proceeded to bill me for 79.95 with no mail notice or phone call of any kind!! This is a fraud!!!!!!! Claudia Stamford, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Nov 03 2007
CIC Credit Monitoring SCAMMED! IRVINE California
Their charges for $11.95 appearing on my credit card--fortunately, I can dispute it with the credit card company but what a hassle. If you call their number you are on hold forever--after reading many of the complaints I don't understand why California's attorney general or someone who looks out for consumers doesn't deal with these jerks!!! Brighteyes Milford, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: IRVINE, California
50, Report #195827
Jun 10 2006
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff fraudulent billing California
they offer a thirty day free trial but if you don't let them know that you are not going to use the monthly monitoring they charge it to you credit card anyway and tell you that it is not refundable. Danny lawton, OklahomaU.S.A.

Showing 26-50 | Showing Page 2 of 5,730