CIC CREDIT MONITORING Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: CIC Credit Monitoring

There may be more reports for "CIC Credit Monitoring"

For more results perform a general search for "CIC Credit Monitoring"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Apr 19 2005
CIC Credit Monitoring Unauthorized, fraudulent charges of $9.95 on my credit card from CIC Credit Monitoring Internet
A couple of months ago I signed up for a free credit report with the understanding that if I canceled it within the next few days I would not be charged for the monthly fee. I canceled it that following day and for the past three months my credit card bill shows that each month I have been charged $9.95 from CIC Credit Monitoring. I searched the interenet several times for CIC Credit Monitoring and could never find a site for them to get their contact information so I could contact them and complain and make sure I was no longer receiving the unauthorized charges from thier company. I finally came across the rip-off reports and read many of them that had the same issues that I had. I have now e-mailed consumerinfo.com asking for the charges to be canceled, disputed the charges with Bank of America, and am now reporting my rip-off report, and am now waiting to see what will happen. Jaime Fairbanks, AlaskaU.S.A.
Oct 09 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff report: CIC Credit Monitoring Unauthorized charge Www.consumerinfo.com Internet
I checked my bank statement today and saw that there was a charge for 79.95 labeled as CIC Credit Monitoring SVC. Since I did not recognize this I looked it up on the internet. I found out that many people, like myself, had received charges for a FREE credit report. The charge occurred on August 22, 2003. Several weeks prior to that, in July 2003, I had signed up on Equifax for a free credit report. In no way did I realize that I was going to receive this charge. Why would a nationally known credit reporting company allow this rip off company to hide in the background and allow charges to consumers who innocently believe that they were receiving a free copy of their own credit report? This simply outrages me! Because my account is a debit rather than credit account, my bank will not reverse the charge. I have tried calling the phone number 877-513-4175 multiple times and have been unable to get through. Marie Marshfield, WisconsinU.S.A.
Jun 12 2004
CIC CREDIT MONITORING Rip-off by CIC Credit Monitoring Company NA Texas
I was unjustifially charged $79.95 to my debit card for credit service that I did not request. I gave no authorization or credit card information to anyone, so how could they charge me. I visited no web site, nor clicked on any bar that had to do with credit monitoring. I am highly upset that this money was stolen from me....I want it back, called to report it and may contact Better Business Bureau. Darla Monessen, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Texas
Jul 06 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff CIC Credit Monitoring wont stop charging my card California
They said that fund are non-reimbursable. They said that they cant do anything about it. I think we all need to go and get a class action lawsuit against these people! Maddison 28904, North CarolinaU.S.A. CLICK HERE: Lawsuit Filed Against Consumerinfo.com to get victims thier money back
Entity: California
Oct 04 2004
CIC Monitoring ripoff -unauthorized membership Internet
I recently accessed a free credit report site but terminated the application however I had entered most of the information.I never got any credit report nor any communication that my terminated membership had been processed in the first place I filed a dispute with Visa who put me in touch with the elusive company. They refused to refund the $9.95 that they charged me for monitoring services because I didn't call them to cancel a service that never should have been activated due to my termination of the application process. I was informed that an application cannot be terminated once initiated which is suspect. i am continuing my dispute. Who else can i contact so that this company is not allowed to continue to operate in this fashion? Roslyn H W. Palm Beach, FloridaU.S.A.
Apr 23 2003
CIC MONITORING ripoff false promises Internet
I had wanted a free credit report months ago and filled in the information to get my credit report and never received it and still have not received my report. Then two days ago I noticed a charge on my account for 79.95 and had no idea where it came from
Jan 30 2005
Cic Credit Monitoring ripoff! CIC credit monitor service. Internet
I called CIC Credit Monitor SVC and ask them to cancel and stop taking the money out of my account. I am still being charged. Katrina Conroe, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: N/a, Internet
Jun 26 2007
CIC Credit Monitoring; Experian CIC Credit Report - FREE or NOT! Ripoff Irvine California
After signing up for a FREE credit report from a reputible name like Experian -AND learned FREE is not without cost - it actually means there is charge every month - directly billed to your credit card. I guess they charge you for the service and the lesson learned from getting screwed from yet another internet scam is FREE! Pat Indianapolis, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: Irvine, California
Mar 30 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff CIC charged my credit card without authorization for $79.95 Orange CA
I viewed my free credit report and when I checked my bank statement found CIC had charged my account at the whopping rate of $79.95. What part of free do THEY not get. Patricia Ravenel, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Jun 16 2005
CIC Credit Monitoring ServiceCIC Credit Monitoring Rip Off Internet Internet
they keep ripping me off every month for a service that doesn't do a thing, i have tryed to contact them and i get no response in trying to stop them fron taking $9.95 a month John Port Huron, MichiganU.S.A.
Jun 02 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring Service Qspace.com $79.95 credit monitoring ripoff Internet
I ordered a free credit report last February through Lendingtree.com's service run by qspace.com, and got charged 79.95 last Feb and this Feb again, for nothing - there were no credit monitoring reports sent to me, even though I did a bunch or refinancings, got new credit cards and had liens place on my house. The service was worthless! They never sent me anything to remind me that I was signed up, and I actually forgot I even had it, until i was looking over a credit card bill from feb 04. I called today to get a refund of both year's charges, got hung up on once, and only got prorata-ed for this year, even after getting quite pissed on the phone. These people have to be taken down!! Goran Darien, ConnecticutU.S.A. CLICK HERE: Lawsuit Filed Against Consumerinfo.com to get victims thier money back
May 14 2005
CIC Consumer Report, CIC Credit Monitoring Not exactly honest Ripoff Internet
I joined with freecreditreport.com. Somehow, I ended up, as a result, becoming a member of CIC Credit Monitoring. Freecreditreport states that I would be charged a monthly fee of $12.00. My first fee came in this month at $79.00+. Not exactly honest, I would say. Terry Paragould, ArkansasU.S.A.
Oct 30 2003
Cic Credit Monitoring Service cic stole my money Orange California
the very first time i used my debit card i was ripped off for $79.95 for credit check. plus $15.00 overdraft. scum like this is no better than a common thief, and need to be stopped and prosecuted. now i'm afraid to do business online. Mike westmoreland, TennesseeU.S.A.
Jun 02 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring Service Consumerinfo.com ripoff Internet Worldwide
CIC Credit Monitoring Service-Consumerinfo.com ripoff (Consumerinfo.com-CIC Credit Monitoring Service Made Unauthorized charges to my account for frud. service consumer rip-off fraud Consumerinfo.com Internet ..... I signed up for a free credit report which also included a free one month monitoring service. Buried in the retms and conditions that they automatically charge you after one month if you cidn't call to cancel. A $79.95 charge appeared on my credit card statement for a service I didn't use nor wanted. I only asked for a free credit report. M Mansfield, LouisianaU.S.A.
Aug 30 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring Services unauthorized credit billing, stole credit card number USA Internet
Recently I checked my online credit card services and viewed my account activity. I was about to make a payment when I noticed my balance exceeded my credit limit. Being a little upset about the fee's associated with charging over your limit, I investigated the unkown charge. Within a few moments my internet search led me here to view the facts. CIC credit services is stealing our money right out in plain view. How is it that this company is allowed to stay in business? Don't people that steal go to jail in this great country? Last I knew, people weren't allowed to steal and would face the consequences if they did. How can we stop these thieves? Kasey Dexter, MaineU.S.A.
Jan 15 2004
CIC Credit Monitoring Service Credit Fraud! Orange California
This is a completely false company that provides NO service! I log in every few days to my accounts and noticed the above charge. When i tried to call that number, there wasn't even a ring! I IMMEDIATELY called my credit card company and reported this. Fortunately, they are absolutely great and will immediately remove the charge and issue me a new credit card. Jeff norwich, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Jan 28 2005
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff! Unauthorized charge against credit card. Internet
Sometime in 2004, I signed up for the 30-day FREE credit monitoring service and was aware that I needed to cancel within the 30-days to avoid the annual subscription fee. I decided to stay with them but later found their service to be less than useful. Late in the year I was again charged the $79.95 subscription fee even though I had not been notified in advance that they were automatically renewing the subscription. In other words, theirs was an Opt Out approach, but this was not made adequately clear at the time of sign-up earlier in the year. My disagreement with them was their Opt Out approach. It took phone calls and FAXes to get the charge reversed, and even then they still tried to collect a partial fee. Fortunately, Bank of America Credit Card Division did credit back the entire $79.95 to my account and now is purusing CIC Credit Monitoring for the residual amount they had tried to collect from me. Opt Out is a very questionable business practice as it demands consumer vigilence that may not always be there. And, when it's not there, a questionable vendor can reap thousands of dollars hiding behind a contract clause purporting to require the consumer to cancel (Opt Out) or the charges will continue automatically. The CIC Credit Monitoring business model really is one that is hostile to the goal of maintaining control over a consumer's use of personal credit. If nothing else, I feel they should be required to change their business model to a more consumer service-oriented one, i.e. Opt In. Hans SANTA CLARITA, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Sep 05 2004
CIC CREDIT MONITORING never performed services, 2 months later charging my credit card INTERNET
i used an internet credit report service to check my credit, to see if i would qualify for a car. seeing it on tv at work, i thought it was legit. they NEVER sent me a credit report, never sent me any emails, held $10.00 against my account for a month, now 2 months later charged me $10.00. i never recieved anything from this company, and thier website does not show me how to stop my subscirption or stop whatever service they are performing. i do not want to be chared next month either. Joaquin austin, TexasU.S.A.
Apr 24 2005
CIC Credit Monitoring ripoff, unauthorized credit card charge, theft California
My husband usually takes care of our Credit Cards. I was looking one day for a charge made awhile back and discovered that for the last 4 months and maybe even longer a company by the name of CIC Credit Monitoring has been chargeing our Credit Card. I cannot believe that my husband did not catch this. I am ticked. I will do my best to make sure the company suffers at least a little bit for taking advantage of me and from what I have read lots of others too. I have never asked for someone to monitor my credit so this company if basically stealing from individuals like me and it is going to stop now!!! Michelle Fairfield, OhioU.S.A. CLICK HERE: Lawsuit Filed Against Consumerinfo.com to get victims thier money back
Entity: California
Jul 31 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring Service Free Credit Report Ripoff Internet
I requested a free credit report and did not check the box for monthly credit monitoring. My credit card was charged $79.95 without my knowledge for a service I have not received, did not request and would never use. I will report this charge as fraudalent to my financial instituation. Barbara Orange, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Aug 01 2003
CIC CREDIT MONITORING SERVICES Free credit report....HUGE lie! Internet
All I wanted was a free credit report so that my husband and I could look into buying a new house for our kids. Well, I got the report and was told in an email that they would send me notification as to when they would charge me. Did I receive the email...no. Did I get charged anyway? YES. I have reported it to my bank. Will be reporting it to the Better Business Bureau as well. Amber INDEPENDENCE, MissouriU.S.A.
Aug 26 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring RIPOFF FREE CREDIT REPORT NOT REALLY FREE Orange California
I do not even remember asking for a free credit report from this company or a monitoring service but I know I did not authorize a $79.95 charge that they months later charged my account I looked up their site to remind myself about this and there is nothing anywhere saying they will charge you for there service all it says is FREE TRIAL....they are full of S%$#. They try to say there is small print saying if you dont cancel your free trial they charge you, this no where to be found on the site. Why would you have to cancel a free trial anyway if it is free it is their responsiblity to cancel it at the end of the trial. I have not heard from this company ever, no emails, mail.....nothing this is a crapy company. I fortunatley have an attorney in the family so if I don't get my money back I will take legal action, maybe get in contact with the other victims of this horrible company to file a class action suit. I also will be reporting them to the better business bureau and I suggest any other individal that have been wronged by this company do the same. It's ashame thier are suck jerks in the business world, this is not business this is straight up fraud and they need to pay. Summer Citrus Heights, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jun 15 2003
Consumerinfo.com CIC Credit Monitoring shady contract, ripoff, no credit report Orange California
I woke up one morning to take my boyfriend to work, like I always do and decided to check my account balance. I noticed that there was an charge on there of 79.95. I immediately started freaking out because I thought that the charge was going to over draw me. so I took my boyfriend to work, got back home and did a little researching (how I found this site) and I decided to call my banks 24 hour customer service line (it was 5:30 am) to file an unauthorized charge on my account. she gave me the number of consumerinfo.com and hung up. I proceeded to write down the woman's name, the time, and what we discussed, just incase. I had to go to work, but I worried about it though my whole shift. I called the number on my lunch break, and spoke to a really nice girl. I explained that I wanted to cancel my membership, and apply for a refund of my money. she asked me for my social security number, but I told her that I did not want to give it to her, but I decided that I would give her my bank card number. she looked me up and told me that my membership had been canceled and she put me in for a refund. she said to expect one in 7 - 10 days. I was afraid that I would not get a refund because none of the reports that I read on here said that they had been refunded. low and behold 3 days later, my bank account is now 79.95 richer. this company has shady practices and needs to be shut down or have the entire way they do business reformed. I would definitely never use their services again, nor will I advise my friends to use them. to top it all off, I never got my free credit report. PyroPixie northern, CaliforniaU.S.A. CLICK HERE: Lawsuit Filed Against Consumerinfo.com to get victims thier money back
Jun 22 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring deceptive company credit report BS Orange California
Fell for the free credit report BS. Said they would send me a report, with free membership for 30 days. The only thing I received from CIC was a charge for $80 bucks!! After checking this site, I realize that I was not the only one taken by this company. Rest assured that I am disputing this charge. Additional note of caution: I was linked to CIC via equifax.com Barry Lewisville, TexasU.S.A.
May 28 2003
CIC Credit Monitoring Service Free On-Line Credit Report Orange California
I used this company's free on-line credit report to verify innacurate information on my credit report. I did not think about it again until the bill showed up on my credit card yesterday. I, too, called the company and they, of course, told me I didn't read their policy. They have a 180 day money guarantee policy - we'll see if they keep their word. Jennifer North Brunswick, New JerseyU.S.A.

Showing 76-100 | Showing Page 4 of 5,718