CARMAX DREAM CAR TURNED NIGHTMARE NASHVILLE Tennessee
Auto dealer car repair screw ups: 2002 chevy convertible camaro mileage 52,000.
1. top leaking. car taken in 2 times. finally on 2nd attempt received new sealant. which after 1 month continued to leak
2. loud noise under neath car. sounded like something was dragging. took car in 2 times, first time no noise heard by auto repair. 2nd time noise finally heard. determined it was catalytic converter which chevy had re-called. so luckily would be repaired for free. however, carmax deleted the codes on the codes on the car, therefore chevy dealership could not determine the problem. continued to drive the car, only to take back again, to carmax, was told that chevy could find the problem. contacted chevy was told carmax was messing me around. they deleted the codes they need to find them. another attempt made, and several calls to chevy, and carmax resolution carmax finally found the codes, car was fixed by chevy dealership. no problems since.
3. breaks rubbing badly. took car in, carmax could not hear noise, obviously was same mechanic who could not see the top leaking. continued to drive car, took car back, they could not hear the noise. took car for oil change elsewhere, given back overall report on car, showed bad rotors and breaks/pads. was shown the parts very very thin. mechanic stated metal was scraping metal. contacted carmax, took car in. manager, terri, looked at car as so i was told, she found no metal rubbing, however stated, it could possibly be time to change, but was in no danger.
took my car elsewhere, had breaks, rotors pads etc replaced. parts were given to me to show carmax. spoke with an assistant manager, a male who sounded very young, was very rude, spoke over me, and stated how do they know the parts came off my car. was told later, this manager no longer worked there, but no one knew of course of who i was speaking about.
4. carmax changed my oil, and fixed a tire repair. 5 days later i left town on a 3 hour trip. before leaving had tires checked by midas. found out my tires had been overfilled by 7 points, i was shown instrument and was shown panel on my car door that shows how much air should be in tires. before heading back home from trip, my change oil light came on, stopped at full service station, only to find out, my oil cap was not put back on properly causing oil to leak everywhere underneath car.
contacted carmax spoke with manager terri, i was reimbursed all monies paid for those services.
5. while taking daughter to school, car shut off while driving. while on my way to work, car continued to shut off. pulled off side of road and looked inside the car manual it stated low engine power, and to take to dealership, which would be chevy. since i had warranty with carmax, i took it there. had to have it towed.
they stated it was a faulty battery wire. i took car home, car shut off again, the next 2 days. took car back, they kept the car, gave me loaner. carmax called me later that day, stated they could find no problem. they were advised that when i tried to start the car it would not start.
they advised me their mechanic would take my car home to determine problem. i advised ross, tell them dont' joy ride in my car. was contacted the next day told no problems found. i advised them to keep the car to find the problem. their mechanic took car home again, this time i was asked if it was okay. this was tuesday, finally friday came, they still could not find problem.
the mechanic, tony stated he drove the car 280 miles, started it hot and cold to determine problem. i advised them it was in the starting not the driving. had i known they were taking my car for a joy ride, or out of town or that the mechanic lived over 45miles away from carmax i would have never agreed to them taking it home.
when i picked my car up miraculously the car started much better. i'm sure they fixed what they possibly messed up.
now my dream car was a definitely a night mare. their mechanics have no earthly idea on how to fix cars.
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on CarMax