CINGULAR WIRELESS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Cingular Wireless

There may be more reports for "Cingular Wireless"

For more results perform a general search for "Cingular Wireless"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Dec 18 2005
Cingular Wireless ripoff Dallas Texas
I being a cingular wireless customers for years, I had been charged large billing fees for months. I was given a free upgrade with no contract and used it. To my surprise my contract was extened for another 2 years contrary of what the promotion offered. When I questioned it, they made up some reason about me adding another phone line therefor my no contract offer was void and I had to accept the contract. They also questioned me about the promotion and said it did not exist. I had to try to find it to verify. They still would not honor the no contract upgrade and still kept charging those outrageous bills. I was on a 1200 minute plan along with my son and for some reason they billed me for a 800 min plan and I acquired overages. I went into the store and they allowed my son to be taken off the contract since he had his own phone when he joined and told me they would adjust the bill each month with credits. I had to repeately call in to have the credits applied. I got rude service and attitudes. Even when speaking to the supervisor, she let me talks on and on and in a very condicending way showed no concern for what I said and made no changes to accomodate my issues. I decided to do a in depth analyzes of my bill. To my surprise after paying $500, $400, $375 a month I realize I was being ripted off big time. I had free mobile to mobile, free nights and weekends, and 1200 minutes. I saw they were adding minutes when I checked the time the call was made and ended. For every call a minute was added. I was charged for the mobile to mobile calls and the free weekend calls. I got really angry when I saw the same call, the same date and time was charged twice. I wanted to get out of the contract but was told I would have to pay $150. I told them they did not honor their side of the contract and I was not paying them a dime. I asked for credit for the false charges and was put off twice and told they already credited me enough. I kept calling and finally they credited me $247.00. Money I would have given away if I had not forced them to refund it. I changed companies and Im still getting bills as if I was still with them. My attorney told them that I was well within my rights to be released from the contract and to send me past bills so that they can be reviewed for discrepences. They took forever to send them and still want to say I owe them over $600 when the bill was under $150 when I switched. They charged me for bill collectors fee, contract release fee, and calls they said I made on my phone when the phone was with another company at the time. I made a call to customer service months later and had my bill reviewed. They noticed that I was being charged for something I did not do. I was credited the money and with the contract fee still included. I get another bill and the bill went back up to the same amount as if I had done nothing. It was all in vein. I would hope everyone takes the time to review their bills to the minute because they dont think you have the time. I would never use their service again. Im not giving them any more money since all the hundreds of dollars I paid and the mistakes they made makes me well within my rights to be released from this contract. They very well owe me for past bills I didn't check for mistakes for over a year. Viola Beaumont, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
2, Report #191452
May 14 2006
Cingular Wireless ripoff Nationwide Internet
For the second time, Cingular Wireless has charged my credit card fraudulently. The first time, someone had called in, ordered a wireless, and Cingular charged it to my account without any authorization. It turned out it was my daughter who had done it, but it took two years of fighting with what was then ATT to even get the information with which to determine how it had happened since I did not have the wireless number. Now they have done it again. I had filed complaints with the FCC, the Attorney General, the Better Business Bureau, and nothing came of it. M.d. butch Eagle, IdahoU.S.A.
Dec 12 2006
Cingular Wireless ripoff Nationwide
I signed up with cingular with a plan starting at $48 a month but the first and second month I was billed $78 never received a bill but made payments by phone and now I have a $200 bill. For what I have unused mintues big deal they dont go towards anything. I'm being ripped off by cingular dont sign up with them unless you have tons of money to pay for their made up billing. I wish I would have read all the complaints before I signed. Amy Dallas, TexasU.S.A.
Nov 11 2003
Cingular Wireless ripoff Schaumburg ILLINOIS
well i live in IL, I been a coustomer of Cingular wireless scense April of 02 well two months later after i purchased my phones model 6340 i been having all kinds of problems. like people will call me and i won't be able to pick up the calls because my phone dosen't ring at all. So i keep calling the place were i gat the phones,and they kept telling me to call coustomer service.and they have back and forth with the store and coustermer service for a while. well i got really frustated,and then only then they said we can send the phones back to Nokia shop to get fixed. they kept the phone for a period of 6 weeks.Just yesturday nov-11-03,so i went to pick up my phone at the store so they say your phone is a good as new one,so i came back home with out thinking the anything else could go wrong. so the first thing that i did was called my husband and ask him to called me becaused my phone is good now so i told him called ok. so he called me and yeahp you guess it. the stupid phone never ring. so i been paying my bill all this time and the phone still not working right. s o now i'm taking this phones back to them and won't pay one more cent,anymore. Martha Carpentersville, IllinoisU.S.A.
Aug 10 2004
Cingular Wireless ripoff Internet
still no comment from them or there workers. no one seems to be able to correct my problem, that is why cingular is the worst for costumer service. time to go to the laywer and our state repesentive. it is time to go past writting a complaint, time to have someone with cingular get these problems Ann ottawa, IllinoisU.S.A.
Sep 22 2004
Cingular Wireless, RIPOFF deceptive Nationwide
I also am having problems with Cingular. I had problems with the combined billing through Bellsouth and ultimately had to cancel it (after my phone was abruplty disconnected) beacause it never really started. I have the 600 minute plan, and don't use my phone often enough to use all of the anytime minutes every month. I got my last bill for over $500 dollars. I called because I knew there was some kind of mistake; I have unlimited nights and weekends, not to mention alot of rollover minutes. The CSR told me that I had no rollover. That's it, that's all she said. When I persisted that there had to be some mistake, she checked and sure enough mucho rollover minutes were applied to my bill. It was adjusted to a little over $300 dollars. I checked over my bill, call by call, and I noticed that I was being charged for calls made after 7PM. Cingular's nights begin at 7PM, at least, that is what they advertise and that's what the Rep TOLD me. I called Cingular to question what I felt was another mistake, and I was told for the first time ever Oh, You have to pay for that. If you want your nights to begin at 7PM, you have to pay an extra fee-per month. What a ripoff. If I'm paying an extra fee, then the extra two hours, technically, are not free. I am a lover of words and information, so I DO read the fine print and that little bit of information was not in the pretty little personalized contract that was mailed to me and was never disclosed to me at anytime by Cingular or it's representatives. I would never have known about the discrepancy if I had not gone through the bill, call by call. And even worse, I would never have been told about it if I hadn't complained. If I had known that the nights started at 9PM, I would call my mom and relatives at 9 not 7PM and cingular would have let me do that for the next ten years. Even though I do genuinely feel ripped off, I do not want to go through the trouble of switching companies, again, and getting ripped off by substandard service, high prices and rude people, again. I really think all these companies develop, implement and practice the same deceptive techniques. Cingular (and just about every other cell, cable and phoen company) has earned a thumbs down from me, and if anyone knows about any lawsuit, either small claims or class action, please contact me. I considered contacting the FTC and FCC, but to what avail? Even their website says that they do not handle contract issues, or deal directly with any party in the matter. They are flooded with every other complaint, from every other citizen in the US about getting ripped off. And this is in every industry- communications, utilities, education, insurance and healthcare. Is there anyone out there who is actually happy with their cable, cellular or phone company? Please, let me know who those companies are! Monica Augusta, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Sep 23 2004
Cingular Wireless ripoff Orlando Internet
September 23, 2004 Summary I am in receipt of a letter from Lisa Brown. She refuses to give me a credit for the two disconnect fees charged due to their mistake of sending the bill to the wrong address and for the three weeks we had no service due to their putting restrictions on our service. I would like the BBB to retain my complaint for 3 years. I intend to file multiple complaints in every city to notify every BBB and consequently as many people as I can about this reprehensible company and their illegal tactics. I intend to take Cingular to small claims court in the middle of October when I return to Florida. Thank you. Details My service was disconnected because we didn't receive a bill. When my wife called Cingular they stated the bill had been returned to them. So she mailed a payment without a bill. In the three years she has done business with cingular, she has never been late. The payment arrived on July 5th but was due on June 29th as the bill had been sent by Cingular to the wrong address. This was verified by a Cingular representative. On July 4th, the phones were disconnected. The phones remained disconnected for a period of two weeks (wife) and three (mine) weeks. During all this time, there was no service to either phone. I called Cingular and they made every type of excuse and lie such as the phone is broken, it needs a new simm card, your not in our calling area etc. I requested a credit and they denied it. Now they say they want two reconnect fees, which is ridiculous. My wife's phone was disconnected for 2 weeks after they received payment (we share the account. However, the phone worked fine until they shut it off. Finally, I spoke with a fellow who identified himself as Christopher Ingram on July 7th. He admitted the phone 'has restrictions barring all outside calls' which is what I truly believed from the get go. He said he took it off. Then I requested a credit for the 3 weeks since I have had no service and he said sorry, you have to pay. Why should I have to pay when I have received nothing - no service? They are just thieves and bullies. Furthermore, now when I tried, it's back to no service so obviously he got pissed off and put it back to restriction mode barring all service when I complained and threatened to file a complaint. I am so fed up with this rip off company; please help me with our account (phone number (407) 443-9976 and (407) 765-7561). I received the new bill and they are charging us $78.88 for two reconnect fees plus taxes. My wife called for several days and spoke with someone named Cesar Davila who jerked her around. I called on 8-4-04 and requested a credit for the reconnect fees. I spoke with Marsha Patrick and explained to her that the bill was sent to the wrong address, that they admitted this, that my wife sent another payment in, that it was received 5 days after the bill due date, and that there were two reconnect fees (for one account) and that I wanted a credit. She said she couldn't do it. I said you mean you wouldn't do it not couldn't do it. I said you have the opportunity to fix this problem or escalate it' and she chose to escalate it. I spoke to someone identifying herself as Sharon Lason (a supervisor). I again explained the entire story and she said also she couldn't waive the two disconnect fees. So I told her I would file complaints with the public service commission. I spoke with the office of the president of Cingular with a lady named Lisa Brown. I explained to her that my service had been disconnected due to a mistake on the part of Cingular. That the representative from Cingular had admitted that the bill had been returned and that is why we hadn't paid. Furthermore, they stated that the money took them 2 weeks to receive, which is ridiculous. More likely, they received it and misplaced it or did nothing with it. I told her I wanted the two outrageous reconnect fees waived and credit for the 3 weeks without service. She said she'd review the account. Later on she called back and claimed that we had been late in April. This is untrue as my wife has been consistently on time with her payments (remember we're talking about my wife's account, not mine). I told her I would continue to file complaints until the problem was resolved to my satisfaction. Apparently, both she and Cingular don't care. The next time they disconnect the phone when I don't pay this rip off bill, as far as I'm concerned the contract is terminated. Please help us resolve this nightmare, from this horrible rip off company. Thank you. Henry orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Orlando, Internet
Jun 23 2004
CINGULAR WIRELESS RIPOFF INTERNET
IF YOU HAVE A NOKIA 6340I AND IT POWERS DOWN ON ITS OWN, DON'T CALL CINGULAR AND GET SHOVED AROUND BY THERE SO CALLED (Cingular's Office of the President -- our top problem solvers). CALL NOKIA AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE ADDRESS TO SEND YOUR PHONE TO AND THEY WILL FIX IT. William Rome, IndianaU.S.A.
Mar 10 2002
Cingular wireless ripoff Internet Internet
I lived in Massachusetts for 4 years, the last 2 of which I had cell phone service through Cingular Wireless. I had only signed a one year agreement but was fairly happy with their service. In August of 2001 I moved to Washinton State. I called Cingular to let them know I had moved and needed a new phone number. They told me that my east coast phone was not compatable with west coast service and they would need to send me a new phone. I few days later I got my new phone but realized it was only a single band phone. My old one was certainly better but I thought I would just wait and see how well the coverage was around my home area. Everytime I went to work in a different part of town, my phone would get no service. Also, when I took a trip out to my brothers house, my phone would be dead. I went to a Cingular wireless store and talked to the representative there and he told me that another phone would work much better for me. He said the phone I was using now didnt have as good of reception as this other phone. Also this other phone was a tri-band phone which made it capable of working almost anywhere. The phone was only $90 with a two year contract. I decided to go ahead and do it. When he called to activate, they told him I would be elegable until August of 2002. I asked why and they said I could only do one upgrade per year. UPGRADE??? I said what upgrade? My old phone was way better than this thing. Not only that, I didnt sign a contract and no one told me it was considered an upgrade or I would have paid for a better phone. They offered me a second line on the phone and another free phone with no activation charge. I asked them what I needed another phone for and the lady just says, I'm dont know sir, that is all we can do for you. I argued on the phone for 20 minutes with a manager and she would not budge. I cant believe they would rather loose a customer than give in and get me for another 2 years and I pay $90 for a phone. I ended up telling the lady I will just be canceling my service in August and finding another carrier. She just said, I'm sorry you feel that way, and hung up. AT&T, Verizon, or anyone else for that matter, here I come! Jason Everett, Washington
Jul 16 2004
Cingular Wireless cingular customers now collectors concerns Southwest Nationwide
As one of many collectors who handle Cingular Wireless, I too have become aware of the everyday complaints. I hear constantly how many ways that his company has ripped off the consumers. Roaming fees are one reason of many , reception problems, poor customer service, agents who say they will handle the issue only to find out months later they waited until customer quits paying, hey early terminate contract, and even if they said you can pay on a payment arraingment well that is when you hear from me. All though I agree a high percentage of you have been forced into a debt with cingular wireless, it's those of you who caressly sign into this not knowing what is in that contract. Those of you who co-sign a minor or even a person who may not qualify for the service. These are the true money scams . STOP dont take the little gimmicks they sell to get your service. who cares about the little phone for free. STOP you are about to head twords the same debt. I'll hear you soon gripe to me . Patricia phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Dec 16 2006
Cingular WIreless - Cingular - GSM Text Message Rate Hike, Lest Dropped Calls ripoff Atlanta Georgia
Cingular's terms of service clearly state they can change their rates - which they have, then upon the notification of their rate change, the customer may terminate their account without paying the early termination fee. Yet Cingular is not allowing theri customers to cancel - they are telling their customers that the contract is not correct. This is lieing, and cheating people out of their consumer rights. ________________________________ Cancel your contract while you still can without paying an ETF, due to Cingular violating their side of your contract. Did you notice the insert in your bill notifying you that your text messaging rates are going up from .10 to .15 both sent and recieved. Well I sure did. I also realized this is a violation of the terms of service in the contract (which Cingular makes you sign/agree to when you begin your service with Cingular). Therefore I called customer service, and explained this to them. After they did not understand what I was talking about I was escalated to a manager who cancelled my contract/account. The contract states: IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE, BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR RATE PLAN BROCHURE, OR IF WE MATERIALLY DECREASE THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA IN WHICH YOUR WARTIME RATE APPLIES (OTHER THAN A TEMPORARY DECREASE FOR REPAIRS OR MAINTENANCE), WE WILL DISCLOSE THE CHANGE AT LEAST ONE BILLING CYCLE IN ADVANCE (EITHER THROUGH A NOTICE WITH YOUR BILL, A TEXT MESSAGE TO YOUR EQUIPMENT, OR OTHERWISE) AND YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OR RETURNING OR PAYING FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL ITEMS, PROVIDED YOUR NOTICE OF TERMINATION IS DELIVERED TO US WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE FIRST BILL REFLECTING THE CHANGE. _________________________ To anyone who may be confused, and think that Cingulars contract is contradictory, it is not. It simply states the following. 1st they say. We may change any terms, conditions, rates, fees, expenses, or charges regarding your service at any time. - which they successfully did pay-per-use texting went from .10 to .15 per message We will provide you with notice of such changes either in your monthly bill or separately. - which they also successfully did in the bill. then next they say this.. IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE - which they did (and via the statement above they are allowed to do, and they will even be nice and provide you a notice about the rate change. Then as a customer (who signed the contract) is eligable to do this due to the fact that they changed their fees and provided you a notice. YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OR RETURNING OR PAYING FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL ITEMS - since Cingular has changed their rates which they contract clearly states they can do it at any time, and they did provide a notice; this part of the contract states that when they change the rates, and provide a notice we are allowed to cancel without penalisation (as a customer). (My argument to let me out) Because, if you can cancel PPU text messaging, you can obviously re-activate, or subscribe to it. Thus, PPU texting is indeed a subscription service, since it's a service that can be cancelled. I know that might seem confusing, but it all hinges on the English language. Subscribe and cancel are antonyms. For one to apply to a noun, such as service, the other must also be able to apply. Cingular can't say that PPU texting can be cancelled without aknowledging that it can be activated. If it's activated and you are enjoying the state of being able to use PPU texting, you are in essence subscribing to this. Finally, if they refuse to bend to this logic, ask them to explicitly show you in print Cingular's definition of a subscription. Chances are they won't, and if they can't, don't take It's Cingulars perspective not to consider texting a subscription... as gospel, since they have no legal or material proof to back this up.Because, if you can cancel PPU text messaging, you can obviously re-activate, or subscribe to it. Thus, PPU texting is indeed a subscription service, since it's a service that can be cancelled. I know that might seem confusing, but it all hinges on the English language. Subscribe and cancel are antonyms. For one to apply to a noun, such as service, the other must also be able to apply. Cingular can't say that PPU texting can be cancelled without aknowledging that it can be activated. If it's activated and you are enjoying the state of being able to use PPU texting, you are in essence subscribing to this. Finally, if they refuse to bend to this logic, ask them to explicitly show you in print Cingular's definition of a subscription. Chances are they won't, and if they can't, don't take It's Cingulars perspective not to consider texting a subscription. as gospel, since they have no legal or material proof to back this up. Messaging, Downloads & MEdia Net: Text /Instant Messaging and MEdia Net are automatically included at no monthly charge. Just pay as you use. You may remove these services at any time by contacting customer service. There is a charge per message sent or received, whether read or unread, solicited or unsolicited. If you cancel the Text /Instant Messaging service, you will not be able to send and receive messages, but Cingular does not guarantee all incoming messages will be blocked. MEdia Net usage is billed in full-kilobyte increments, and actual transport usage is rounded up to the next full kilobyte at the end of each session. Your account balance must be at least $5 to use Media Net, Instant Messaging, and Multimedia Messaging Services or to download ringtones, games and graphics. MEdia Net usage is required to download ringtones, games and graphics and to send and receive multimedia messages. In some cases our network will resend data packets to ensure complete delivery. You will be billed for these resent packets. Certain advanced features are not available. All screen images are simulated. See the MEdia brochure or cingular.com/media/terms for details. Your use of text/instant messaging, multimedia messaging, MEdia Net, and downloads acknowledges your agreement to these terms. proves it is a subscription. Call Rochelle Cohen if you do not succeed in canceling your contract. Public policy initiatives, regulatory and legislative issues Rochelle Cohen Senior Director Media Relations 202-419-3007 (office) 202-341-5967 (wireless) Email: rochelle.cohen@cingular.com S Anyplace, VirginiaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Cingular Wireless
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Jan 31 2004
Cingular Wireless Unfair Billing Practices Atlanga Georgia
I have a complaint regarding Cingular Wireless. I had an account with Cingular Wireless years before I started working for a comapny out of California, Alternative Technologes. I used my phone for work and my company reimbursed me. When I left the company in October 2002 I had a three way call with Cingular Wireless, Alternative Tech and myself giving them permission to take over the phone number and responsibility for billing. The phone number they took over was 508-498-4101. After this account was transferred I opened my own account with Cingular in the Gardner, Massachusetts office,phone number 978-790-7952. I have the contract that shows my correct address on it.I never received a bill from this new account. I went down to the Gardner office at two different occasions once in December 2002 and once in January 2003 to notify them and they said they would take care of it. The third time in February 2003 I canceled my phone out of frustration. I still had not received one bill. In January 2004 I received a call from Collection Companies of America stating I was in collections for my car phone.I asked them what the number was they were referring to and they did not know. I called accounts payable at Cingular and asked them for information and the woman I spoke to told me it was for the number 508-***-****. I told her I was not responsible for this phone anymore and asked her to send me a bill. I never received a bill so I called Cingular back, this time they told me it was for the phone number 978-***-****. I told her I had never received a bill and asked her to send me one. She said I have been receiving bills and refused to send me a bill unless I paid 5.00 per bill. I asked her where they had been sending the bills and she gave me the California address. I told her her I had completed the paper work with my current billing address on it and I had never received a bill. She bascially told me I was lying and refused to send a bill without payment. I then went to the store where I opened the account showed them the paper work with the correct billing on it, they called Cingular and faxed the information to them and they said there was nothing they could do because it was in collections. I called the collections agency and again asked the man for a bill and told him I would not pay until I saw a bill he bascially told me I was lying about giving my correct address and if I did not change it in writing then it was my fault. When I told him I had paperwork proving I had given my correct address he said the field sales people do not know what they are doing. He did send me a bill, which is enclosed, which is not a breakdown of the charges. I called the office in Garnder once again and spoke to a Ramsey and he said the Cingular will not send me a bill and his hands are tied. I do not feel I should have to pay a bill until I see a breakdown of the charges. Cingular had told me someone was using the phone in August, which I want to see a breakdown of the calls. I feel these people are harrassing me calling my home sometime three times a week. When I have been trying to resolve this. Cingular Wireless and Collection Companies of America told me I was not telling the truth about my address where I have a contract signed by their respresentive with my correct billing address. I am a sinlge mother who has worked very hard. I have bought a home and raise my child by myself and I have perfect credit. This issues is threatning to ruin my credit, but I also refuse to pay something until I see what I am paying for. I want this off my credit report. I am prepared to take legal action against them and I feel they should be investigated for unfair cusumer practices. Diane Forte Diane Gardner, MassachusettsU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Cingular Wireless
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Mar 13 2006
Cingular Wireless Billing Practices, Not Prorating Internet
If you cancel your service after your next billing cycle begins, they will not prorate your account. I cancelled my service 10 days into the next billing cycle. They will not prorate my account. I originally signed up with AT&T. I never received Cingular's terms of agreement or signed a contract with them after their merger. AT&T has a class action suit against them for not prorating accounts when service terminated during a billing cycle. You shouldn't have to pay for services not received or used. After I cancelled, I wasn't receiving or using Cingular's wireless service. Karen Jefferson City, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Dec 01 2005
Cingular Wireless ripoff Baton Rouge Louisiana
Last September, I received a letter from Cingular saying that there will be a 25 % discount for people living here in Louisiana as a gift due to damages from Hurricane Katrina and Rita, it made me confident to make international calls to my parents in Asia knowing that other phone companies usually charge forty cents per minute for calls and with this additional discount, it would make it cheaper. Plus, we lost internet connection when Rita struck down and buying phone cards online was not possible, I also would like to update my folks abput the then coming hurricane Rita. So I made several 30 min phone calls to my parents and sister. When I got the bill, the world almost fell on me. Instead of the usual 50 dollars I pay every month, I was charged with 500 dollars for all the phone bills for the month. An additional digit in my normal bill. T-mobile would give you a warning or would stop service to prevent something like this from happening. So what I did to at least remedy my situation, even slightly,w as to check if they gave me the 25 percent discount, but unfortunately, there was none. I called them about this and they said you have to apply first to avail of the 25 percent discount. Any bill before doing the application would not be valid and therefore all I can do was to pay the 500 dollars plus 200 dollars for the month after. I felt so stupid losing 700 dollars for phone calls. I usually make hours of phone calls for just 20 bucks using phone cards or some 1800 number. A friend of mine also was charged 1000 bucks in a month and another 400 bucks. Doesn't cingular warn you about this. I mean like tell a subscriber that you are spending an unusual amount already so you will at least know you should stop and also give people from Lousiana 25 percent discount on the month of december without applying for it. Just go activate it. Jerome Baton Rouge, LouisianaU.S.A.
Entity: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
15, Report #190583
May 08 2006
Cingular Wireless Phone Return Trap Internet Nationwide
I just got my cingular phones on Thursday after ordering May 2nd. I am unhappy with 2 of my LG PTT Phones and wanted to get the other LG Phones with the camera. I have had my phones for only about 5 days and they will not honor the online pricing of Buy 1 Get 1 Free. I am totaly Disgusted with this service and I am going to file a complaint with the BBB of Alabama because the lady at first I talked to told me she would honor it. Then she said, OOPS!! I Forgot to read the whole thing and your basicly out of luck. I have been told so many different stories I am sick of it. No Other Wireless Carrier Is This Screwy. Paige Hoover, AlabamaU.S.A.
16, Report #193651
May 28 2006
Cingular Wireless ripoff very much Internet
This company will help me in the business hours of the day, as far as adding minutes to my phone. Looks like I have to go to another phone service provider. For all of you that like to rebuttal, Rebuttal against yourselves, and have fun doing it, it might be good for a laugh. Scott urbandale, IowaU.S.A.
17, Report #191870
May 16 2006
Cingular Wireless Unfair and unethical business practices Atlanta
I had an account with Cingualr Wireless some years ago. I felt it was incorrect and cingular wouldn't adjust it. It was some kind of set up with Bellsouth and Cingular-bad idea in the first place. I didn't pay it for some months because it wasn't correct. I got the usual letters from the collections agency and disputed them, in writing and telephoncally. Then, the collections agency sent me a settlement letter. In lieu of the $663 they were trying to charge me, cingular was offering a settlement of a little over $300. I thought that someone somewhere saw that I was telling the truth and that the bill was inaccurate so they were trying to make it right; honestly, I was tired of fighting and wanted it over with anyway. It was still more than what I had calculated but it was better than $662 so I accepted and paid it. That was September of last year and the matter was settled and the debt was paid, or so I thought. I checked my credit report a few days ago, conducting my annual credit inspection. There is an entry from a second collection agency that I had never heard of, reporting a debt to cingular wireless. How can this be? It just so happened that the amount of the alleged debt was the difference between the original bill and the settlement offer. How can they do that, offer a settlement and then take it back after I pay it? I have a copy of the settlement letter and the payment tracking number plus the name and address of the first collection agency. I feel like I should have just kept my $300 bucks and let the whole thing go. Has this ever happened to anyone else and what did you do? It is not right how these large companies can just push people around; we as individuals, have to live by the credit report. Anything you do wrong is on it and is held against you for a very long time. Companies should have to be accountable for the mistakes they make too. Monica Martinez, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Atlanta, Nationwide
Mar 19 2005
Cingular Wireless ripoff, false billing, Sulphur Louisiana
My contract was up on Feb 24, 2004. On March 4th of 2004 I personally went to the store and ask to pay my entire amount due and cancel my services. The lady at the Cingular desk gave me a figure to clear my account. I wrote a check for that amount. My service had already been turned off and I did not want it renewed. That was communicated quite plainly to the lady. Later I started getting a bill from Cingular. I sent a letter explaining that my account had been closed and paid in full. They responded that there was not any way the local office could have known my entire balance and the Cingular Representative at the desk gave me the wrong information. With all the technology that exists today that does not seem like a valid statement or reason to keep on billing me. Then they reported me to the three Credit Report Companies. I corresponded with and reported Cingular to the FCC and the Attorney General. Then the President of Cingular called. He was rude and belligerant. My advise is to use any wireless company except Cingular. Clarence DeQuincy, LouisianaU.S.A.
Entity: Sulphur, Louisiana
Nov 11 2004
Cingular Wireless Ripoff on Rebates Chanhassen, Minnesota
I purchased a phone from Cingular Wireless which had a rebate. I sent in all the information I had. I received a letter stating they had not received all the information a month later - no receipt. I called and explained I had not received a reciept since I had ordered my phone from Cingular over the phone. I was told to send a copy of my contract. I resent all the information - AGAIN I received a letter a month later stating they had not received all the required information. The information they were stating they had not received was on the first page of the rebate form. So for the third time I sent the informaion. This time I received my information back UNOPENED stating the offer had expired. I was told to send a letter to the office of the president, Greg Kubal, which I did . To this day I have heard nothing from him. Cingular does not honor their rebates if they can keep from it. Susan calhoun, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Chanhassen, Minnesota
Nov 28 2005
Cingular Wireless ripoff Montgomery Alabama
I purchase my cell phone from the Cingular Wireless company over in Festival Plaza in March of this year 2005. Since having this phone I have never had any problems with this phone til now. When I first got the phone the guy at the store went over my contract with me and explained to me that I would have free anytime minutes after 7:00 p.m. And that my minutes will rollover. Now at this particular time I had 900 or so minutes for 69.99 and I was doing very well until I received a High bill on the second month that I was billed. On the first bill that I received was steep but I understood because the guy told me it would rather steep because of it being the first bill. I paid my bill every month until late August sometime when I lost my cell phone and I decided to lower my bill and call in my phone being lost. So continued to pay my bill every month and in doing so I would always call customer service to see how much my bill for the month and the next month and in some cases I would make payment arrangements. On November 14 or 15,2005 I had spoken with a customer service rep. and I asked could I make arrangements to pay on my bill and asked her how much was it and she told me $86.00 and I also to her that I have a change of address and she changed the address. I asked could I pay $50.00 on the 18 of Nov. and pay the other $36.00 on the 23 of Nov. and she said yes. Now I had called in On the 28 of Nov to let them know that I forgot to pay on the 23 but the money was in the bank and I wanted to pay over the phone. The first customer service rep. I spoke to her I can't remember but she was very nice because asked why was my bill $866.00 and I was told that I only had to pay $86.00 and she explained that I had used that much of rollover minutes now I this time I know that I had called in August and asked for my mins. to be lowered but I have not had any problems with billing until now. At around 11:45 Nov. 28,2005 asked the csr could I have the corporate office number and she stated to me that she was not allowed to give me that information. But she could give me to someone that could. Then she transferred me to a younglady by the name of Robin because they never give their last names. Robin asked could she help me and I told her yes, may I please have the corporate office number and then she wants to tell me that she can't give out that information either. Then she states that she is with solutions and I made my complaint. Then she tells me that I have used a 1000 rollover minutes in August which she's lying because that's when I changed my minutes. So she goes on to tell me that I used again a 1000 in Oct. and the rollover minutes are $.40 a minute. So I explained to her that could not be true and she says that I over talked my minutes of 600 and I stated to her that I had a contract stating that I could talk after 7:00 p.m. because she stated that my time started at 9:00p.m. And that's incorrect plus I did pay for rollover minutes. Then I asked her did she see where I made numerous calls to Daytona in September and she replied around what date in September and I replied to her that I can't remember the exact date but I made numerous calls because my son was there. And after the fact that she kept asking me in a nasty tone I told she the one looking at the computer of the dates and times she tell me but she never could. I then asked her what happen to the ring tones that let's you know that you bill is due or your over your minutes and she replied with a bold face LIE that there was never any services like that. And told her that there was a ring that they gave when you were due and a minute monitor that I could pull up on my other phone before I lost the other. And she told me that was not true. And asked her was she calling me a LIAR and I told her that if she could not give me the Corporate office that I did not want to speak with her. I understand that this is not the first time that Cingular has been reported to BBB. Please Help I do not have that type of money to be spendig and I do not want this on my credit. Katrina Montgomery, AlabamaU.S.A. STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, it's paid for! Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Cingular Wireless
Entity: Montgomery, Alabama
Nov 07 2005
Cingular Wireless ripoff unauthorized upgrade & contract Ocala Florida
I signed for my son a one phone one year contract in 2001. My son went back after that year. he got another phone & a new two year contract. Then he went back & got two phones & a two year contract. He had problems & did not live up to the contract. I was billed for a cancellation fee on two phone contracts & unpaid charges. I would have been happy to pay for the unpaid charges on the one phone I signed for, but I did not agree to the other. I had told this to the Cingular rep. when I talked to him a long time ago. I thought everything had been taken care of & forgiven. Now I find myself turned over to a collection agency that is very rude. They say my s.s.# & signiture is there, so I am responsible. I told them it was the same as if I sign for a loan & the person I signed for can go back & get as much money as they want & change the terms without my permission. To me this is the same. They said it has nothing to do with it and they did't want to discuss it. They said I owe the money and that's all there is to it. The contract I signed for was completed as I had promised. I had a contract with them myself & it was completed. Where is the good customer service & why did I not have to sign for another contract? Donald Ocala, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Ocala, Florida
May 04 2005
Cingular Wireless Warranty Replacement SCAM Policy ripoff Nationwide
Cingular Wireless My Case: In December 2004, I placed an insurance claim for a LGC1300 phone, payed my $50.00 deductible. Then on February 28th, 2005 the replacement phone died. The LED display had vertical and horizontal lines, would go dead. I had to turn the phone off and on to get the LED back and only for a short time. So I took the phone to my local (Company owned Cingular Store) and was told to make a warranty claim, since I had only had the phone for two months. So I called the Cingular Warranty Department (1-800-801-1101), they agreed to sent a replacement. I received the replacement phone in March 2005, sent back the broken phone. Should be the end of it, but it's not. On my 02/21 03/20/05 bill I was charge $75.00. Reason for charge: Beyond Economic Repair and they charged me $7.50 for shipping. So I called Cingular Customer Service (1-866-241-6567) and spoke with Carl. I explained my problem. My position: A replacement phone that I had in my possession for two months die's. There is no local service center that can complete an evaluation. I have no idea why the phone died. Cark agreed that it wasn't right. That I needed to call and dispute the charges with the Warranty Department, he stated it's a gimmick. On to the Warranty Department. Where I spoke with Ron. After explaining the issues again. I asked what exactly is Beyond Economic Repair mean. He stated that they determined that I did something to the phone. I said I didn't, it just stopped working. No he said the technicians said you did it, so that's it. I said, No! I only had the phone for two months, there was no physical damage to the phone. I told Ron that I had taken the phone to the Cingular store I they could see anything wrong with it before I returned it. But because of Cingular policies they were unable to give me any documentation in writing. Ron agreed that it didn't seem right but was unable to assist. So he asked me to hold and spoke with his supervisor Mr. Ryan Jones. Ron relayed Mr. Jones statement No one in the office (Warranty) can help you. Once the technicians make there determination, you have no recourse. In addition, the Warranty Department is unable to remove any charges by the Independent Technicians (will get to this in a moment). You need to call Customer Service. Ok Lesson1: From what I learned Cingular uses a 3rd party company to evaluation all warranty returns. But, NO one in the Warranty Department could tell me who (company name, address, etc). But, I did learn that this Company only gets paid if they find the Cingular Customer at fault and not the phone. (Sound a bit like a reverse HMO). I asked for a copy of the warranty report evaluation, NO, can't have it. Asked for the qualification of the technicians, No, can't give you that either. Asked if the technicians were trained and authorized my the manufacturer, No, can't give you that.. Lesson 2: Replacement phones thur Insurance are Reconditioned. Replacement phones thru Warranty: Could be Reconditioned (they call it Like New) or New. They won't tell you. So. I Call Customer Service, this time I spoke with Joan. After explaining the issues again. Joan stated Customer Service is not authorized to remove Warranty charges from my bill. You need to call Warranty Department. I explain to Joan I had spoke with warranty already and they sent me back to Customer Service. Joan, No you need to speak with Warranty. So I was transferred. Ok. Call back to the Warranty Department Spoke with Josh. After explaining the issues again. Josh agreed, but was unable to help me. I asked to speak with a supervisor. (hopefully it not Ryan). So I was transferred to Sherisse ID# 2222 (spelling ??, wouldn't give last name). Sherisse was understanding but the best she could do, was a $25.oo credit. So at this point I'm out $57.50. Expensive lesson - Yes. Conclusion: Cingular Wireless use their Insurance/Warrenty policies to RIP-Off, and scam the consumer. They do not offer there customers any avenue to dispute charges, they offer no reports or written documentation on their technicians findings. So, if this 3rd party company only gets paid when they find the customer at fault. My guess - it is a high percentage of at customer fault findings. But, there is no way to find out. So what is a consumer to do, individually nothing. The Wireless company's will continue to great unscrupulous practices. Until consumers as a whole fight back. Be on notice. Be prepared to pay. Victoria Yorba Linda, CaliforniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Cingular Wireless
Sep 29 2005
Cingular Wireless ripoff Cedar Town Georgia
I opened an account with Cingular in Novemember 04.In April of this year,I lost my job.And the month of May I became disabled to a illness, and was unable to work.Well my cellphone service was disconnected aroundJune 27.I called on July 29 and asked for an arrangement.But I couldnt't, which I understand. I later called back on August 13 to speak to the Manager. I explained my situation to her, and she promised to give me until the end od September.I later was transferred to a representative that notated my account, with the manager approval.I later was informed by a collection agency that my account was turned over. But when i spoke to the Manager today, he apologized for the mixup,but says he can't speak to the collection agency.Now I feel that I was treated unfair, and now have to pay 770.00, instead of the 280.00 that I owed. Not to mentioned that my good credit is now affected. I feel that is negligence on their part, because the representative forgot make the proper notations. And one Manager admiited to them sending my account over to soon,normally they give you 60-90days.Iwas a little over a month behind.Please help me out!!!1 Contrell Montgomery, AlabamaU.S.A.
Entity: Cedar Town, Georgia
Sep 24 2005
Cingular Wireless dishonest Forth Worth Texas
I am a cingular customer for almost 2 years. I have upgrade my phone after 1 year of service on January 2005 and I purchased Sony Ericcson Z500a, for $79. When I received the phone was working fine but after 1 week the speaker phone I couldnt hear the callers voice. So I called Cingular to fix the problem or perhaps refund, but all I got was transfer from customer service to the sales dept for over 3 hours with no result. So I did it the same thing on the next day and still being transfered for over 2 hours without result, and they finally told me that i can exhange it with the refurb phone or purchase a new phone with the original price which was $199+ tax. So I decided to purchased a new phone Z500a which arrived a week after, the phone is working well but its not worth the price though. The refund policy is so confusing. I would get refund if I had a phone for 30 days and wont be refund if its less than 30 days? So after a month I call the cingular to ask where can I return my new broken phone, and they told me that I can send it to return dept which I did send it with certified mail, and it would take 90 days for the phone to get fixed or refunded. Somehow I lost the receipt from the post office, and I've been wait and wait till now approx 8 months, I never get my phone back, and I cant claim the phone because I lost a receipt. My question is where IS my phone now? I think that they received my phone because I sent it with certified mail and someone had signed it, but probably they fixed it and resale it again as (refurb) phone as I saw at the www.cingular.com, but I may wrong, who knows. I really hope that Cingular staff read my complain and realize that I am a good customer and voluntarily return my phone so I can fix it and give it to my brother otherwise Cingular can keep it and resale them again. Thank you Cingular for BEING dishonest I just wish that I could cancel my contract right away. CINGULAR I'll wait for your answer.. Rizal elmhurst, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Fort Worth, Texas
Sep 06 2005
Cingular Wireless ripoff Mankato Minnesota
I started my services with Cingular wireless in Feb. of this year. From the beginning I have had trouble with them. Poor signal everywhere, dropped calls, not able to connect with service numbers, voicemail not working and so on. The most recent thing is that they are trying to charge me for going over my minutes, not accumulating rollover, charging me for calling my voicemail, counting nights and weekends and mobile to mobile as regular minutes and trying to charge me an arm and a leg. Erica Mankato, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Entity: Mankto, Minnesota