CIRCUIT CITY Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Circuit City

There may be more reports for "Circuit City"

For more results perform a general search for "Circuit City"

Showing 76-100 of 54,762 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Circuit City"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jun 23 2001
CIRCUIT CITY REVENGE!! :-) ..bogus extended warranty
Hi everyone, Well we were victims of Circuit Cities, bogus extended warranty plan, just like everyone else. We went through the countless techs with G.E. phone services with the same B.S as everyone else got..Sooooo finally we decided to take legal action...We are in California and filed in small claims court. We served Circuit City by mail, which the courts did for us for 5 dollars and found out that they did receive our summons. Two days before our court date, Circuit Cities' legal department in Virginia, called to find out why they were being suied..I explained the bogus help that I received from G.E and that there were hundreds of people who had the same problems. She told me that she would have a tech come out to fix it next week.. We told her that is fine but we still going to court, just incase they don't come out to fix it and we miss our court date.. When we went to court their attorney was there to represent them.. We explained to the judge what their legal rep said over the phone, so the courts extended our court date for one month.. Well the next week a tech came out and fixed our computer. It was a pain in the ass, but we did get satisfaction.. I assure you we will never buy anything from Circuit City again, but at least we feel that we got what we paid for. If any one needs any information on whom to contact in Circuit Cities legal department and who to mail a summons to, please contact us at Wingspan@ix.netcom.com. Oooh and by the way, when we were leaving the court that day, the very next case was against Circuit City also.. the person was suing for not getting a rebate that he was promised.Circuit City had another attorney there representing them..both of their attorneys were surprised that they were both there...What a dufus company at best. :-) Rob and Edie
Entity: Concord, California
Feb 12 2002
NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT CIRCUIT CITY - BRAINTREE, MA #4119
In August of 2001 I purchased a Sony Wega TV from Circuit City in Braintree, MA. The set was delivered in September with the wrong remote control. After numerous calls to the store, e-mails and snail mail to their so-called Customer Support, I have filed a small claims suit against them. It has been 6 months and no one returns my calls! No one accepts responsibily, key people don't work there anymore and nobody wants to deal with the problem. At one point, a Customer Service person at store 4119 told me that he doesn't talk to his manager because they work different hours therfore had no way of telling him I called! I have been unable to enjoy the equipment to its full extent because of a lack of Customer Service after sale! John Allston, MA
Entity: Braintree, Massachusetts
Feb 18 2002
Circuit City Rip off York Pennsylvania
I purchased an Emachine Computer System from Circuit City Store Number 3708, York, Pennsylvania, on December 3, 2001, I have received receipts to send in for three rebates. I have received all the rebates from the Manufacturer, however when I questioned them regarding the largest rebates of $120.00, they stated it was the responsibile of the Store to forward my rebate. It is almost three months and I haven't received the $120.00 rebate check which I need desparately. Please advise as to when I will receive the rebate check. Jody Wrightsville, Pennsylvania
Entity: York, Pennsylvania
Feb 16 2002
Circuit City rebate ripoff never received my rebate
Bought motorola star tech phone--was promised $80 rebate--filled out paperwork nothing received from Circuit City Stores. Dave Loas Angles, California
Entity: Nationwide
Nov 26 1999
CIRCUIT CITY Extended Service Protection hogwash
My dishwasher just broke with only a few months of extended service protection left. A small pin hooking together the soap dispenser broke loose and the whole soap dispenser fell apart. I never have been able to find the pin or the spring that was part of the whole thing. When a service man came to look at it he said it was due to customer abuse and nothing would be covered. He also said that our rusting dish racks would not be covered either. Why do they think I bought the extended service for in the first place? We did not abuse it. When I brought that point up, the man said that normal wear and tear would not be covered either. Is this normal wear and tear? I dont think so! What a crock! If I choose to have them fix everything it would cost around $220.00 The dishwasher only cost about $350.00 to begin with and its only 2 1/2 years old. It is a Maytag. Its suppose to have been awsome. What to do now?
Entity: Nationwide, Nationwide
Jul 20 2002
circuit city is a ripoff. tampa, Florida
i would like to tell you people that circuit city rips you off. i was an employee for them until recently,some techs in our service center were fired for fixing potential problems in customer units in to be fixed. the tech would discover a problem about to happen and fix it to help the customer so he would not have to send it in again, and the managers would fire the tech because they wanted the tech to fix only the mian problem, they would say, let it go so the customer would have to send it back to get more money out of them, no preventive maintanace. also managers would set up techs on units by putting it in to be fixed when it was checked by a tech already, but this time the unit would be sabataged, taken apart and broken on purpose then put back together, sent to a certain tech, he would fix it, and managers would say there was nothing wrong with it and fire the tech......i know because i know one manager who was behind it and he still does it. not only do they screw the customer but they do thier employees to..... no name valrico, Florida
Entity: tampa, Florida
Dec 06 2001
Circuit City rips me off and short circuits again
I purchased a brand new Panasonic 27 Flat screen TV from Circuit City on Dec 1st. Because the tv was not in stock at the store that I purchased it at (Store 3157 - Newark, DE) I drove to the Wilmington, DE location (store 3158) and picked up the TV the following day, Dec 2nd. I went to the extent of getting the Extended gaurantee on the unit, as well as adding In-home service this morning. This morning, Dec 6th, the TV ceased to function. I contacted Circuit City who refused to honor the contract of in-home repair/replace because the unit still falls under the 30 day return policy. I had made special arrangements to get the TV to my home, due to the I cannot carry the unit in my car. Circuit City has refused to acknowledge the fact that I have purchased the in-home performance gauruntee, and has told me that if I seek repair/replace thru them I will have to pay delivery costs into another state (I personally reside in MD) and that I will also have to pay the sales tax. I was not told that if I needed by television services at any time would I need to pay the sales tax. Also according to the reciept slip the gauruntee does not start until 12/11/01, while a woman I spoke with at Circuit City Corporate Customer Service stated it started from the day I purchased the T.V. (which is why I was trying to get it serviced in home). I found that Panasonic was not only willing to service the TV, but was going to cover pick-up/drop-off charges by an authorized repair technician further away then both the Circuit City stores. After speaking with a manager at Circuit City as well as their Cool-Line number listed when a retail store doesn't satisfy request, I find that I still remain unsatisfied as far as a Customer is concerned.
Entity: Newark & Wilmington, Delaware
Mar 25 2000
Circuit City Not Performing Under Extended Maint. Contract
On about January 12, 2000, a Circuit City repair person responded to our request for repair of a drawer in our Whirlpool 25 cubic foot side-by-side refridgerator/freezer. As of 3-25-2000 it is still not repaired. Numerous phone calls to both the national repair center and the local store have not been successful. Their excuse is that the part is on order. I think 10 weeks is too long to wait.
Entity: Scottsdale, Az.
Mar 28 2000
Circuit City extended warranty rip-off
I bought a Cellular Phone from Circuit City, and purchased the extended warranty program because the salesman told me, If anything goes wrong with your phone, we will fix it for free That seems pretty clear to me. A few weeks after purchase, I noticed that the bezel was cracked. I took it in for replacement, and I was told that the bezel was not covered. Also not covered were the keys. Funny how the sales rep neglected to mention it. It was not a big deal, and I lived with the crack in the bezel. I recently bought a new Cell Phone, and guess what. I didn't buy it at Circuit City!
Entity: Calif, Nationwide
Nov 30 2000
Circuit City salespeople lie to sell Extended Warranties!
I bought a Compaq Presario laptop early in 1999, and was persuaded to buy the 4-year extended warranty. It was $299, but the salesperson offered to reduce the price by $100. I was hesitant, but he then claimed that the warranty would cover *everything*, and that the active matrix LCD wasn't covered under Compaq's standard warranty at all. I was skeptical, but he insisted that was the case. After he spoke with his manager, he found he could not change the warranty pricing, but could get me $100 off the PC price. I agreed and bought the whole package for $2,100. When I got home, I read the warranty and found no exclusions for the display. So he lied to me to make the sale. His name is Tom, and he worked at the North Attleboro, MA store. Now I need the warranty service due to an apparently short-circuited charging circuit in the computer - the laptop will not charge the battery, and indicates that the DC adapter isn't plugged in, when it in fact is and does put out the proper voltage. I talked through the problem with Compaq's tech support, and they were very friendly and helpful, even though it was past their warranty support. When I told them the story of the warranty lie, he said that they had heard *many* such stories from customers. I dread taking this in for service now, especially having read the horror stories on this site. I'll be sure to record the serial number and get a receipt when I drop it off.
Entity: North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Jan 07 2002
Circuit City Extended Warranty Rip-off
We bought our daughter a trunk-mounted CD player. After 2 days the disc cartridge jammed. We took it back, and were told to use a knife to get the cartridge unjammed. After a few months, it totally quit changing discs, so I took it back to Circuit City. They sent it to the repair shop, and called a few days later saying the extended warranty wouldn't cover the repair because a knife had been used to unstick the cartridge! I contacted the attorney general, my own attorney, and Jensen, the manufacturer. Jensen immediately sent me a new unit that works perfectly. My extended warranty from Circuit City turned out to be totally worthless, as a warranty is only as good as the company that stands behind it. I have spent a lot of money since on electronics, computers, etc, but I will never set foot in a Circuit City store again, and I tell everyone who will listen the reason why.
Entity: Federal Way, Washington
Jul 17 2002
Circuit City ripoff Cary North Carolina
I purchased a 61 RCA HDTV with extented warrenty on 22 Aug 01. The Tuner went out in Mar 02 I call Circuit and told to call CEI ( Bill the manager) 919-821-5152 to have it repaired they never showed up,or called. So I call up to get my money back from my extended warrenty since I could get reliabe service. I call RCA up and was told to call CES (im the manager) 919-469-9247 he told me it would be a month. So 6 may 02 he showed up and confirmed that the tuner was bad. He said it would take 8 weeks to get a tuner. 8 weeks went by I called no tuner, 3 more weeks I went to the store in person no tuner was order. Time called me at 6:30 pm and told me RCA would not send the tuner. I called RCA again Wendell said he would check and send it to Reshearch 5 days later nothing. I just got through talking with Richard district manager from circuit city to try to solve this problem he will call me back later on to day..... to be continued William Clayton, North Carolina
Entity: Cary, North Carolina
Dec 08 2002
Circuit City Warranty scam with Sony Monitors Mobile Alabama
Circuit City and Sony have put the wrong warranties in the boxes of some Sony monitors. In Mobile they sold the Sony CPD-E400 with a one year warranty in the box when it actually has a three year warranty. When the monitor broke Sony was contacted and they said they would fix it but refused to provide a copy of the real Sony warranty. We have since obtained the real warranty and still have the wrong one year warranty. Is this a scam that the big retailers use? Ted Mobile, AlabamaU.S.A.
Entity: mobile, Alabama
Mar 15 2009
Circuit City Thanksgiving rebates never received Richmond Virginia
I made a purchase of HP laptop with $150 mail-in-rebate. I did send all the documents for rebate and they did process my rebates and also I got a mail from them with confirmation number. Here is the mail.... On 1/22/09, notification@parago.com wrote: Dear **** KANNAN, Thank you for shopping at Circuit City. We have processed your $150 Rebate with Purchase of HP Notebook PC (G50108NR) at Circuit City. You can expect to receive your reward in the next 5-10 business days. Your rebate tracking number is: 308885873 To check your status of other rebates, go to www.CCityrebates.com Please be sure to keep a copy of your tracking number for future reference. Sincerely, The Rebate Team at Circuit City ................ When I checked the confirmation number on their website, it said that my check has been cut out and I will be getting it within 5 - 10 business days. I never received it, so i called them and they said I have to wait for 30 days. this one happened on February 15th. so I waited till Feb 22nd and called no one responded, it went to voice message and it was directing to a website. When I checked this message online, it is like my money is gone. Mean time I visited the local store at that time they were running last 4 day sale and the customer service rep told me that they dont have any clue about the rebates - i have to report all issues online on their website - but nothing available to report the issue on their website. I dont know what to do. Please help me if some body received their amount from CCity on this rebates. Kannan Richmond, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Richmod, Virginia
May 27 2009
CHASE CHASE CIRCUIT CITY INCREDIBLE!!! WILMINGTON Illinois
HAD THIS ACCOUNT SINCE 2006, I BOUGHT A TV, DVD SET AND LAPTOP. I BEEN MAKING PAYMENTS ON TIME ALL THE TIME, NEVER LATE. I HAVE A PROMOTIONAL APR OF 0% TIL 5/16/2009, I MADE MY LAST PAYMENT ONLINE ON 5/13/2009 OF 400.00 TO COVER THE PROMOTIONAL APR OF 0% SO I DO NOT GET THE 183.96 OF ACCUM DEFERRED FINANCE CHARGE. I TRIED TO DO A BALANCE TRANSFER WITH BANK OF AMERICA ON 05/03/2009 BUT THEY TELL ME THAT CHASE DO NOT ACCEPT ONLINE BALANCE TRANSFER.BANK OF AMERICA SEND THEM A CHECK ON 05/06/2009, I SPOKE WITH A REP AND HE TOLD ME THAT HE WILL BE CANCELLING THAT CHECK AND DIRECT DEPOSIT THE 400.00 IN MY WELLS FARGO ACCOUNT SO I CAN MAKE THE PAYMENT ONLINE. I DID MY PAYMENT ONLINE LIKE ALWAYS!!! AND MISTERIOUSLY THE PAYMENT NEVER WAS MADE!!! I HAVE A CONFIRMATION NUM#706705238 AND THEY CANNOT FIND IT. I BEEN CALLING TO SETTLE THIS WITH CHASE/CIRCUIT CITY,AND NO LUCK!!! Y BEEN SPOKEN WITH SUPERVISORS ON THE DAY SHIFT, THEN I CALLED AT NIGHT AND THEY TOLD ME NO CALL IN THE MORNING THEY HAVE YOUR CASE!!! THEY POST ON MY ACCOUNT 2 NSF FUNDS FEE OF 35.00 EACH PLUS .99 CENTS FEE THAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. PLUS THE 183.96 BECAUSE MY PAYMENT WASNT ON TIME. I EXPLAIN TO THEM THE SITUATION BUT NOTHING. I SPOKE TONIGHT TO A MANAGER MANDY RIVAS AND NOTHING WAS DONE EITHER. I HAVE THE NAMES OF 9 DIFFERENT PERSONS FROM CHASE AND NOTHING. I TOOK MY FILE THIS MORNING TO A LOCAL CHASE BANK IN EL PASO, TX. TO EXPLAIN THE SITUATION AND THE CUST SERVICE REP TOLD ME THIS IS A DIFFERENT BRANCH YOU NEED TO CALL THE 1800 NUMBER, Y EXPLAINED THE SITUATION AND NOTHING. I THINK I TRIED EVERYTHING AND NOTHING. I NEED YOUR HELP. THESE PEOPLE FROM CHASE OUR TERRIBLE. I LOOK ONLINE AND THEY HAVE MILLIONS OF COMPLAINS. ANOTHER THING TO THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT ON 5/14/2009 WHEN I NEVER AUTHORIZED THEM TO DO SO?? FROM BILLING, CUSTOMER SERVICE ( VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL), ETC. Biby EL PASO, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: WILMINGTON, Illinois
Nov 18 2008
Circuit City Promoting internet fraud Nationwide
They allowed a criminal to charge a stolen credit card for electronic gift cards confirmed with a fake email address and will not reverse the charges. Their customer fraud/service dept is as dumb as can be and nobody does a thing. I hope everyone that puts no effort in their job loses it as soon as they file a bk and then their families go homeless. These people shouldnt be allowed to work and should live in a cardboard box. Matt Henderson, NevadaU.S.A.
Entity: Virginia, Nationwide
Dec 31 2003
Circuit City The Simple truth about Circuit City Extended Warranties Nationwide Illinois
Circuit City extended warranties (for computers and preipherals) is outsourced to a company known as GE-Assurant. It used to be GE-Zurich but for various reasons Zurich sold its interest to Assurant. This matters very little to you (the consumer) because the warranty is being serviced by the EXACT SAME PEOPLE as before, with the EXACT SAME POLICIES. I worked for GEZWM for over a year as a technician. This is what I learned. 1. Circuit City salespeople lie through their teeth to sell the contract. Everything is not covered, only electronic failure. Physical breakage of any device is not covered. To be fair, if you drop your Palm Pilot and it breaks, why should that be covered? Unfortunately, it also means that if the crummy little piece of plastic tab that holds the battery cover on your camera breaks, it isn't covered either even though you did nothing wrong. READ THE CONTRACT YOU ARE PAYING FOR!!! 2. Even if a the failure is covered you will be made to jump through every possible hoop before it is fixed. While it is good to do some troubleshooting (if a tech is sent out to fix the wrong thing, nothing is fixed now, is it) this is carried to a ridiculous extreme. Despite the efforts of more than a few of us, this never changed. There is a group in charge who believes that the only way to make money is to dispatch as few techs as possible no matter what. 3. If you have a printer problem, you are 95% certain to have to replace the ink cartridges. There are some exceptions but not many. 4. Most parts sent out are refurbished. This includes hard drives, motherboards, monitors, printers, scanners, cameras, PDA's and more. Again, a few exceptions but that's because nobody refurbishes modems. Also you WILL NOT get the same make/model you had originally unless you are lucky. And what you get may look beat up. There are certain specifications that are considered and that's it. Don't like it? Too bad, so sad. 5. The no lemon policy is a joke. Some systems do get replaced but not many. And then only after the customer is put through the ringer. It usually happens only because the part can't be sourced. 6. You can get a refund on your contract, pro-rated based on how much time is left. Just call and ask for the address, it has to be done in writing and will take 6-8 weeks but what did you expect, that they'd make it easy? 7. If you really want results, go to Circuit City and start raising a ruckus to the manager. 8. Laptops are serviced only at a depot. I'm sure many repairs go fine but I heard too many bad stories to EVER trust my laptop to the 3 fingered monkies that must have been hired to fix them. Cracked screens, stuff NOT fixed, laptops getting damaged at the depot (not in shipping, AT THE DEPOT) and getting sent back damaged, the wrong laptop being sent back, etc and so on. Of course if the screen on your laptop dies it will cost $$$$ to fix so make your choice. 9. Don't trust the tech to call you back. They didn't reward us for call backs, only for inbound calls. As a result, I used to try and call when I knew the people wouldn't be home. There was no way I wanted to deal with all the calls in my queue if didn't have to. And I was one of the nicer guys. 10. Be prepared to lose all your data. An HDR (Hard Drive Restore) is standard procedure for lots of troubleshooting and that means erasing the hard drive. If all goes well, it will take about 90 minutes. Have fun. They will not help you save the data, that's your problem. (you should be backing it up anyway though) 11. The only thing that matters is the hardware failure guidelines. And it is almost impossible for anything failing intermittantly to meet them. Several times a week I had to deny service to stuff I KNEW was bad because it didn't meet the guidelines. Sorry but I needed the job. 12. The company doesn't pay squat, so they don't get many good techs. There are exceptions of course but they bail ASAP. Yes, I was considered a good tech. Unfortunatly I got caught up in the idea that things could be changed and wasted a good 6 months tryng. To everyone left at the company I say this, they closed Hoffman Estates, Assurant outsources more IT work to India than anbody but Dell, how much longer do you think the Dallas center will be there? A year? Maybe? The only reason Assurant bought in was for the national service provider contracts, those are first-rate (from Assurant's stand point). Your jobs are going oversees Scott Hoffman Estates, IllinoisU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Circuit City
Entity: Nationwide, Illinois
Dec 21 2003
Circuit City no-hassle sham cityadvantage protection plan only protects circuit city Littleton Colorado
I purchased a Palm Pilot M130 from Circuit City with the protection plan from Circuit City over a year ago for my wife's birthday. After several months, we started having problems with the device. The battery dies very quickly, it won't charge for weeks on end, it automatically resets even between charges and more. When this happened with Best Buy several years ago, I walked into the store with the Visor that was causing me problems and I walked out with a new one. I expected the same from the hassle-free warranty from Circuit City...was I ever wrong. The first sign of problems was when I walked in and they said they'd changed our guarantee and I now had to call a toll-free number. The person on the line wanted to walk me through the problem, unfortunately, since its an intermittent problem and an obviously faulty battery, I can't reproduce the problem by snapping my fingers. At this point, they said that I wouldn't be able to get a replacement until I could reproduce the problem...call back when it is definately not working and then they would troubleshoot it. At this point, things got worse. We got the manager on the line and we did the same dance. I decided to file an email today instead to avoid having to deal with the personalities head to head. Obviously, the problem is not solved yet, so hopefully this will work out in the long run. ONE curious thing that they said, they said that we were filing an INSURANCE claim. Is CityAdvantage essentially a third-party insurance company to which we file claims and get our claims filled (as opposed to a company that is looking out for the wellfare and the happiness of the consumer, the insurance company would look out for the financial well being of the company and their own insurance company). At any rate, I love the circuit city store environment, it is clean and organized. Unfortunately, I think this is the last straw. I had a WORSE problem with my Tivo I purchased from Circuit City a few years ago. I ended up fixing it myself after they sent it away only to tell me Oops, we don't have the parts and don't carry them anymore so you're on your own. I'll drive the extra few miles to Best Buy, it is way worth it at this point. One doesn't have to look far to figure out why Circuit City is on the ropes... Paul highlands ranch, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Littleton, Colorado
94, Report #219442
Nov 07 2006
Circuit City ripoff Beware of Circuit City CitiAdvantage Protection Plan Richmond Virginia
We purchased a Hitachi 50 HD TV in November 2004. At that time the TV cost approximately $3500. Unfortunately, we also purchased the extended warranty for $650. After about a year the TV would take about 20 minutes to warm up and turn on. We were moving, so in June I called the CitiAdvantage Plan number and they sent someone from their approved list to come fix it. They could not fix it, so they took it with them. After having it for 12 weeks, they informed me that it was not cost worthy to fix it and Circuit City would replace it. I also received an email from CitiAdvantage plan stating the same thing. I called the CitiAdvantage number and was given a case number and the name and phone number of a woman who was to be my case manager. They told me I would hear from her in two days, and if I didn't, then I should call her. Well, that was on a Wednesday and by the following Monday, I hadn't heard anything so I called her. Of course, I got voicemail. Over the next two weeks, I left many messages, again with no return call. I then proceeded to call other customer service numbers, only to be transferred to different levels. Finally I got a man who said he was writing an email and I would hear something very shortly. Well, I don't know what very shortly means to you, but after a few days, I gave up and had my husband call the store manager where we bought the TV. He said he would look into it and call us back. Of course, again, no return call. We proceeded to call Mikele Ervin, Executive Response Specialist, Executive Offices, Circuit City at 804-527-400 extention 3221 and again got voicemail. We left many messages with her and again no response. We finally got the store manager to find out that they offered us a $1500 store credit. Kepp in mind, the warranty states that if the produce it non-repairable it will be replaced with one of equal or similar features and if they are unable to do that in a reasonable amount of time, they will refund the ORIGINAL price. Now, I know TVs have gone down in price over the last year and a half, but we could not purchase anything in the store that had comparable features as the TV we had for that price. He told us that he would call Corporate and see if he could get more. Well, again, he never called us back. We placed many many calls to their Corporate Office with not one single return call in a two-months time. We finally got so tired of dealing with it (which I'm sure is what they want) that we went in and used the $1500 for another TV and ended up paying another $400 out of our pocket for a lesser TV, and lost the remainder of our warranty which was still good for two more years!! We could have probably fixed the TV for the $650 they charged us for the warranty!! They call it the CitiAdvantage Protection Plan because they take advantage of you and protect themselves. I will never shop Circuit City again!! Not even for a pack of paper! They NEVER even gave us the courtesy of a phone call! Teresa San Antonio, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Richmond, Virginia
Feb 20 2008
Circuit City Forget about Rebates, Circuit City Does Braintree Massachusetts
I wished I had known about Circuit City's Fraudulant rebate offers. I purchased a laptop and was offered a printer & a Anti-virus program. The printer was $80.00 with a mail in rebate, the antivirus was $60.00 with a mail in rebate and there was an additional $30.00 off the laptop. It's now 8 weeks later and I've heard nothing. I contacted Circuit City and was told the printer rebate was on the way, that is after they processed a check. The website on the antivirus software and the rebate off the laptop do NOT exist. I am going to report them to the Better Business Bureau, this charge is on my credit card and I resent paying them money for something that should have been free. No one should have to go through all the hassles of chasing a rebate. I truly believe that they completly ignore all rebates. Buyers beware! Linda Braintree, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Entity: Braintree, Massachusetts
Feb 19 2008
Circuit City Circuit City is running a Bad Buisness Sanford Florida
I purchased a 52 inch Hitachi High Definition Flat Screen television from Circuit City. Although I did not actually see the television come out of the box, it looked new to me. Five months later it failed to turn on. On December 4, 2007 the TV was taken away for repairs, and I was told that it was going to take two weeks to get it back. More than two and a haft month went by and the Television was still waiting for parts from the Manufacture to come in. finally after filling a complaints with the Department of the Attorney General, on January 29, 2008 Circuit City arranged a Manufacture exchange for the replacement of my television and on January 31st 2007. The broken television was brought back to me from the repair shop, and as of today, February 19th 2008 Circuit have not replaced my Television. Dissatisfied with the quality of service, I still make my monthly payment on a broken television. Guillermo Deltona, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Sanford, Florida
Jul 18 2008
Circuit City Incorporated Orlando Rip Off-Circuit City Does Stand By Their Products Orlando Florida
I purchased a 73' Mitsubishi DLP Widescreen Television (WD-73735 SN:100196) from Circuit City (400 N. Alafaya Trail, Orlando Fl, 32828 407-2739621) at 6:57PM on June 19th in good faith and with intention of years of reliability and enjoyment. (We also purchased a television stand, power/surge protector, HDMA chord, and Advantage Protection Planan additional $700-800 in accessories). The young lady who sold the television to us asked us if we had a truck to take it home. I thought it would fit in my SUV. She said it was much too large and went and had it measured for us. She recommended that we go to Home Depot and rent a truck. We decided to go with a friend and his truck. PXXX drove over to the friend's house (she did not have her telephone with their number). This took about 35 minutes. We completed the purchase process and the box was loaded onto a friends pickup truck by store employees and a few of our friends in the store's customer pickup drive-up area. The television was delivered to my residence at XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Orlando FL, 32822. My 14 year old daughter and I opened the television box by removing the packing straps. We lifted the box clear of the television and started to clear away the packing wrap on the television. I noticed that the right side of the television screen (facing the TV from front) was bowed out, protruding past the edge of the television. There was a good size gap that one could see what appeared to be mirrors laying loose on the bottom of the set. I took two pictures of the gap in the television screen and I later learned (at the store during return) that my daughter had taken a video of the damage and television during the unpacking with her cel phone). It can be seen from the pictures and video that the base of the television was still wrapped on all sides and that the screen is protruding. I tried to call Circuit City to tell them the television was damaged but the store was closed (this can be seen on the video). It was decided that we would return the television first thing next morning. Pxxxx, our daughter, and I packed up the television. We had the cable people coming between 4-6PM and we wanted to get a good television in place. I rented a pickup truck because our friend was working and we loaded and delivered the television back to the Circuit City Store. Since we live in a mobile home all was necessary was to move away the outside stairs and slide the television carton out the door and right into the truck. I went into the store and told a Circuit City employee that I needed to return a television because it was broken. He said OK and came out with a small cart. The television was unloaded by the store employee. I told him to be careful because the straps were not secure. He said no problem. I offered to help and he implied no need and pulled the carton off of the pickup truck to a push cart that was too short for the size of the box. It would tilt up and down and needed to be balanced. He walked the television to the front of the store and accidentally banged it into the door (he was expecting the door to open automatically). He asked me to go in and stand near the door so that it would open, which I did. I asked him if it was alright to leave the truck in the pick-up zone while we went through the exchange and he said it would be alright. I went to the Customer Service desk and told them I wanted to return a television because it was broken. Both the person behind the counter and I walked over to the corner of the store where the television was left. I told him how I discovered the damage to the television during the unpacking. Two of the store attendants started to open the television box by opening from the top instead of just lifting the box off of the television. The person from behind the counter told them to stop and just lift the top of the carton off of the television. When the box is removed another store employee pulls away the packing and pushes in the protruding screen back into the frame. (I thought to myself..is that itall fixed?) No one has spoken to menot even the person who was at the counter. I ask what the delay is and they say that they have to wait for that man. (They in this case is the counter man, the man that took the television off of the truck and I believe two other employees.) The Man (later learned to be the Store Manager) comes to the box and says nothing to me or Pxxx. He looks at the box and then starts to examine in minute detail the television. I show him where the screen was protruded and one of the other store employees points out where it appears that there is something pressing against the screen from the inside. The Man moves the packing material from around the lower corner of the television and then walks away. I do not believe the man saw the protrusion of the screen because he arrived after one of the store employees pushed it back into its frame. He is talking on the telephone in the distance. The Man eventually returns and apologizes and introduces himself as the the store manager and that he had spoken with the district manager. He said since there is no apparent damage to the carton and that there is damage to the set itself in the two locations (protrusion area and corner (surprisingly the corner that the store employee hit against the door)) that Circuit City would not exchange or refund the cost of the television. At this point he has not asked me anything about the damagejust made an inspection, a telephone call and a decision. I was very upset. Pxxx is wondering what is going on and I tell her that they are not going to return or refund the television. She asks why and I tell her they believe that we have damaged the television. She says that this is not true and all we did was open the box. All of this fell on deaf ears. The television costs $3000.00. I reiterated to the store manager that the only thing that we did was cut away the straps, lift off the box, clear away the packing and stopped when we saw that the television screen was protruding. He stated that the mirrors were broken and the corner of the television was broken as well. Since there was no damage to the box and that they would not have given us broken televisions that Circuit City would not pay refund or do exchange. He said that the employee who delivered the carton to our car on purchase would not have given us the television because they would have heard the broken glass inside. (There was no sound of broken glass inside on delivery or returnthe store manager did not hear and broken glass as well.) I asked to speak with someone higher and he said that he has already conferred with the Regional Director. I spoke with the Regional Director. The regional director just parrots the Store Manager's decision that no refund or replacement since it cannot be proven that the damage to the television occurred in Circuit City. I again told him that all we did was open the box and discovered the damage. We put the box back on the television and delivered it to Circuit City. I told him I was expecting him to stand behind their guarantee and their product. I did not do anything here but open a box and that I was being stuck for $3000. He said that he was sticking by the guarantee and that the guarantee says in its original condition. I told him that you sold it to me broken and I am returning it to you as I received it. He was unconcerned and that his decision was final. Note: I do not understand the issue of the condition of the box. If the box is not damaged then Circuit City does not cover the television. If the box is damageddoes that mean they would cover the damage or would they infer that the damage on the box was after the Television left the store and therefore would not cover the damage to the television---damage to box=no coverage; no damage to box=no coverage. I am at a loss. I told store manager that I was going to stop the credit card because I was not going to be taken advantage of and stuck for a television that is broken that I did not break. He said if I believed it was a manufacturer's defect I should go through the Manufacturer-Mitsubishi. I told him how can it be a defectit is not a burned out bulb or something that was not made rightit is broken. The store manager told me that there is apparent evidence of physical damage to the set. I said that the only way the set could get physical damage would be if I (we) lifted the television out of the packing and dropped it in some way. He looked at me affirmatively and stated that he has a lot of experience in this area. I told him again that all we did was to open the box, pull away the packing, see the damage, take pictures, and close the box. I told him I was not going to be stuck for $3000 for something I had nothing to do with. I told him I was going to stop the credit card. Pxxx wants to know if we can go to small claims court. He said that is my right stop credit card if I chose to and he gave me a telephone number for Corporate. I told store manager that it was not right that we were being stuck for the $3000 and that there was not going to be a refund. He said that if they took the television back that they would have to write off the $3000 and it was not in their budget. The store manage and everyone now left. We stayed by the television and I continued to make calls. I called Circuit City corporate and spoke with a young lady. I relayed the entire story. She then sent me to an Escalator or Escalation Department. I spoke to a gentlemenI told him the entire story. He said he would talk to the store management and would be right back. After being on hold an inordinate amount of time he came back and said that there was going to be no resolution and basically repeated what the Store Manager and Regional Manager said about no refund, no exchange. I again stated my disbelief and restated what we had donejust opened a box and found damage, closed, returned, the box. While I was explaining this again I noted that the individual had Hung up. Now what you have is Pxxxx, our daughter and mealonenear an unpacked and broken television within Circuit City while all the employees went about doing their business. Circuit City was done with us. The implication is that we unpacked the television, broke the television, put the television back in the box, and then attempted to return a broken television. The reality is that we purchased a television in good faith, brought it home, discovered the damage, documented the damage, repacked the television, brought the television back for a refund/exchange and were denied and left felt as if we were crooks or felons. At this time my daughter relates to me that she has the previous evenings unpacking and damage discovery on her cel phone video. I watch with her and the protruding screen is evident as well as the television still in a partial unpack condition sitting in its box. Pxxxx is on the couch (upset) and I can be seen looking at the receipt with cel phone in hand calling Circuit City. I call the store manager over and have him look at the video and pointed out that the television never left the box, was never removed from the box, is only partially unwrapped and there the damage (protruding screen) is evident. He says nothing and walks away unmoved by visual evidence that we only opened the box and discovered the damage. I called the Bank of America Credit Card Company. I related the story of the television, our treatment, the refusal of Circuit City to refund/replace, and implication that we were at fault. The BOA rep advised me to take the television back to the house, document everything that happened in a letter to BOA, and send letter to BOA in Wilmington Delaware. She was incredulous on how poorly the Circuit City staff and employees were handling this situation. She asked me if we had purchased any warranty with the television. I told her we had paid an additional $289 for an Advantage Warranty. She said to go home and call the warranty people and document what they said about the television. I called the warranty people for the Circuit City Advantage warranty. I spoke with a gentleman. I related the entire story of the television and my efforts at getting a replacement. He said that the warranty that I had was for service and repair and not for the type damages that I had discovered. He could not believe that they inspected the boxes and did not give my money/replacement. He wanted to know what the inspection of the box was all about that they should have just replaced the television because it was broken. He offered to work through Circuit City Corporate to see if he could get a resolution. After a long time on hold, I was turned over to a woman who said the resolution to my issue was that she could not overturn the decision of the Store Manager or Regional Manager. I told her my story and she said that she understood but if I felt the television was defective that I should work it through the manufacturer June 23. Contacted Circuit City to get proof of refusal of return. Escalation department stated that the register receipt would be proof of purchase and she could/would not be able to provide corporate documentation on conversations for this refusal. She stated that the complaint # would suffice for the rejection of return. June 24. Received telephone message from the Executive Assistant to the President/CEO of Circuit City that they were in receipt of my complaint and concerns but their decision was not to allow return or replacement of the television. Recommended that I contact Mitsubishi if I felt it was a defect. July 7 (5:00PM). Advised by Pxxxxx that they had received a letter from Circuit City CEO dated July 1, 2008 I have rewritten the letter leaving out the particular names and addresses. It was signed by the CEO: Thank you for contactin my offic regarding the Mitsubishi television you purchased on June 19, 2008. Executive Assistant XXXXXX discussed your concerns with District Manager XXXXXX and relayed his findings. i wish to send this brief note as follow up to the situation. It was discouraging to hear that upon opening your television you discovered that it was damaged. We hope to ensure great customer experiences in our stores and beyond every sales. Your situation is unfortunate, and we are certainly sorry. As I understand it, XXXX (District Manager) had a chance to speak with regarding your concerns. Unfortunately, he unable to offer you a refund or a replacement telvision however he would like to extend to you the offer of a discount towards the purchase of another unit. We support XXXX's offer as a gesture of goodwill and apology for your poor experience. Should you choose to accept the discount please contact him at xxx.xxx.xxxx. It is important to note that this offer will expire 10 days following receipt of this letter. We value your patronage, MR. xxxxxx, and look forward to future opportunities ot serve you in our store nationwide or on the Web at circuitcity.com. Again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Sincerely CEO Signature. NOTE: The television is currently being repaired by the manufacturer under their warranty. This is an excellent thing for the manufacturer to do. It does not negate the rip-off instituted by Circuit City. I have filed complaints with several State, County, and Federal consumer protection agencies as well as telling everyone I know...to date the list of people that are aware of this Circuit City experience is considerable. ************************ ************************ Ripped off in orlando Wichita, KansasU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Circuit City
Entity: Orlando, Florida
Apr 14 2007
Circuit City Circuit City ripoff dishonest rebate prices Wyomissing Pennsylvania
On December 14th 2006 I purchased 2 DXG 305 Digital camcorders for my children. The price tag under the display model showed a 55.00 mail in rebate! When I purchased the camcorders I received 6 rebate forms. 3 for each camcorder... 2 of the forms were for 20.00 and 1 was for 15.00, for a total of 55.00. When I got home I called the store to verify that the forms I received were the correct forms, and the gentlman I spoke to said yes they were! So I mailed the forms sometime later that month. Well here we are in April and I have not received my rebate nor have I received any explanation. So today April 14th 2007 I called the rebate center to find out what's going on only to be told it wasn't a 55.00 rebate, only 20.00! Then I called the store to verify the original price and the Gentleman said he remembered the 55.00 rebate but had to confirm it. When he got back on the phone he totally changed his story saying it was a 30.00 rebate! Now I'm confused! The rebate center says 20.00, and the store says 30.00, what happened to the 55.00? The one with the Tag below the Camcorder???? Can someone help me here? Never again will I shop at Circuit City!!!! Timothy Mohnton, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
Nov 20 2006
Circuit City Beware of Circuit City and their Advantage Protection Plan Orem Utah
BEWARE OF CIRCUIT CITY Long story Short I purchased a TV with a several hundred dollar extended warranty (Advantage Protection Plan) from Circuit City about 8 months ago in April 2006 and for the last nearly 5 month's I have been without a working TV and they refuse to give a refund. They offer store credit for less than purchase price and they want to pro rate the warranty (tv was repaired under manufacturer warranty). The other option is a Replacement that is not exceptable. Please Note that it has taken Nearly 5 Months to get this far and 100's of call with numerous messages!!!! I DO NOT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH CIRCUIT CITY AGAIN. Why would anyone want to deal with this??? Mr. Right Says that the contract has no time limits for Circuit City to repair the items or replace them??? Also Everyone with an Advantage Protection Plan should Note: Case Managers rarely if ever return calls!!! examples!!! Daryl @ ext 21057 Betty @ ext 21065 Anthony @ ext 21075 Also Note: MR Right is not capable of doing anything and he is also as high as it goes with Circuit City repairs. well??? acording to him!!! Roy springville, UtahU.S.A.
Entity: Orem, Utah
Jan 12 2007
Circuit City Ripoff Rampant False Advertising Continues at Circuit City Burlington Massachusetts
On Thursday afternoon, November 23, after viewing the special After Thanksgiving' circular, I planned on purchasing the 32-inch Olevia LCD television advertised for $499.99. On November 24 I waited in line at the Braintree, MA location only to find that the location had a limited number of televisions. Unable to obtain a voucher to purchase a television and after asking for a raincheck, the sales clerks suggested I check www.circuitcity.com during the day, in the event a few more were released for online purchasing. As luck would have it, around 4:30, I noticed that the television was available online this time for $474.99, a price noted as valid through November 25, if I purchased the item. Quickly I began to enter my information online when all of a sudden my page refreshed and my information disappeared. Also gone was any reference to the television. When I called Customer Service I was told that the television was not available. They had no idea what I was talking about when I told them that I saw it on the website no more than 10 minutes prior to my call. I then called a few of the local locations; hoping one would be in stock. The Taunton, MA location had two but they were on hold for those customers who had a voucher. They would be able to release them on Saturday if they were not purchased by the close of business on Friday. At 9:00 Saturday morning I called the Taunton, MA location and the television sets that were in stock on Friday were now sold. Again I checked www.circuitcity.com and found that the televisions were again being offered for $474.99. I called around and found that the Burlington, MA location had three of the 32-inch televisions in stock, but according to the clerk in televisions, the price was now $849.99. I questioned him about the online price being $474.99 and after checking he stated that the Burlington, MA location would be able to match the price but unfortunately they could not hold one aside. Off I drove, some 30 miles, but once I arrived things changed namely the offer to price match. According to the manager, an error was made with regards to the Saturday morning price and the incorrect price was being pulled from www.circuitcity.com. And, even with a copy of the attached document in hand, the manager refused to consider honoring the advertised price. Dissatisfied with the blatant display of false advertising, I asked for a telephone number for the District Manager and was referred to (800) 251-2665. There I was to ask for Oz Engin. Unbeknownst to me, I reached Customer Service and the representative was unable to assist beyond telling me that the item was $849.99. Furthermore, I was not able to speak with a District Manager. As the 32-inch Olevia LCD television is no longer available then I am requesting Circuit City honor the price quoted online ($474.99) on Friday, November 24, by refunding me 125% of the difference between the Circuit City advertised price and what I paid by going to a local competitor, who advertised the same exact make and model of LCD television. To date I am awaiting a response to my written complaint, which was mailed to their corporate offices on December4, 2006. Mark Taunton, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Entity: Burlington, Massachusetts