DELL Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Dell

There may be more reports for "Dell"

For more results perform a general search for "Dell"

Showing 76-100 of 2,019 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Dell"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Nov 11 2007
Dell Poor Customer Service Austin Texas
Yesterday, I reported on what I thought was an example of incredibly poor customer service. Two individuals commented on my complaint. Robert wanted to know if it was a gray market computer. No, Bob, I ordered in online from Dell, it was shipped from Dell and I have an invoice and order number in hand, but there is no way to get that to Dell. Incidentally, Bob answered the question I was trying to ask Dell, and I didn't even have to buy anything from him. On the other hand, Phoebe from Beverly Hills thought I was way out of line expecting an answer to a simple question on the 366th day I owned the computer. I also have a Dell laptop. The little spindle in the center of the DVD drive was not fastened when I received the computer. But it was O.K., if I remembered to remove the spindle from each DVD I played and replaced it properly. Yes, you guessed it - there came a day when I forgot to remove the spindle and could not find it anywhere. Since the unit is useless without the spindle, I asked Dell to sell me a 5 cent piece of plastic. They refused. The said I had to send the computer back and they would replace the whole DVD drive. So I did. It cost $189. And the best part is that the drive they sent back was the same one I sent in (I marked it), but with a new spindle. I guess Phoebe thinks I should just have tossed out my desktop Dell instead of trying to find the answer to a question not covered in the documentation. Well, maybe that is the way it works in Beverly Hills, but university professors do not have that luxury. So Phoebe, I hope you noted that Dell didn't care if my laptop was in its 366th day as long as I paid the $189 to fix a problem they caused. And, Phoebe, if you are really tossing out 366 day old computers, let me know. I will gladly drive to Beverly Hills and take them off your hands (no charge). That goes for all your friends as well. That's it folks. if you still want to buy from Dell, don't ever say you weren't warned. James San Clemente, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jan 24 2005
DELL ripoff Austin Texas
I have tried and tried to get thru to these people. Not only can they NOT pronounce my name, they won't let me speak to ANYONE that speaks English. I refuse to pay these people! They've not sent me rebates. I haven't even taken the computer and componets out of their boxes. Yes, I looked every where for the rebate forms. I tried to enroll (at the beginnig) for auto withdrawal from my checking account only to have them asses a late charge claiming it never happened. They also won't honor their rebates (which I didn't get in the first place! Thank you! Kimberly Fort Wayne, IndianaU.S.A.
Feb 28 2005
Dell ripoff yeah you bet. Nationwide
Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck. Well you know, that is if you speak english as a primary language. Yeah, you bet, put me on the list. Oh yeah, the stay the hell away from dell list, and I haven't even recieved my first bill! I certainly didn't just get here on a whim. I am so done with dealing with that mess O.K. Outsourced American jobs and money is already a real sore issue with me and now I am a participant. SORRY DELL wrong patsy man. Fall victim to dell's b.s. sales dept. and trust that you're supporting world slavery and unknowingly killing America. DELL? You see this? This is where my time is going now!! Scott cashmere, WashingtonU.S.A.
Apr 01 2005
Dell is misleading about their printers, Ripoff! Nationwide
When you buy a Dell Printer from Dell, they dont tell you that you can only get the cartridges from dell.com, Lexmark makes their printers and alters the cartridges so they will not fit and you have to buy the Dell cartridges. Dell marks up the ink so high and dont tell you what they are doing. So dont buy a dell printer, it will cost you more money in the longrun. This gives Dell about a 79% margin on their ink which is way too expensive. John Hermitage, TennesseeU.S.A.
Oct 21 2004
Dell Computer ripoff Austin Texas
On October 15th 2004, I contacted a sales representative at Dell for some information only. I wanted to know if Dell had memory to upgrade my computer, and if so, how much was it. Specifically I was looking for a PRICE QUOTE on a 256 MB memory module. I made it abundantly clear, several times, to the rather pushy representative that I was NOT making a purchase at this time. He asked if he could call back at a later time to see if I would change my mind. I said that he could check back with me. He never did. I assumed that was the end of the matter, but I was STUNNED to discover that a package had arrived from DELL on 10/19/2004. The package contained (2) 512 memory modules! I was shocked! I specifically told the rep that I was NOT making a purchase! I checked my DELL PREFERRED ACCOUNT and discovered that my account had been charged $669.29! In my conversation with the rep I never even mentioned my DELL CHARGE ACCOUNT! He took it upon HIMSELF to place an order, for quadruple the amount I inquired about, and charge my account WITHOUT ANY AUTHORIZATION WHATSOEVER! So far, I have sent 2 emails to the company, but all I get in response is some non-relevant computer generated automatic response. On 10/19 I spent (4) hours trying to contact a rep at DELL to help me. I was bounced from department to department and hung up on several times. It seems that only the CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT CAN HANDLE THIS ISSUE, and it is not possible to get through to them. I was on hold for 30 to 45 minutes at a time, but no one ever answered in that department. It seems that for some strage reason they only respond quickly when you call the 'new sales' line. Mike lansing, IllinoisU.S.A.
Oct 01 2003
Dell Computer ripoff Internet
I bought a Dell Computer two years ago. It has never functioned properly. When I tried to return it I waw always referred to technical support, with poor results. I've contacted the company numerous times by phone and by email. Always the same outcome, the sounds do not work on this computer. The only sound I hear is an annoying beep everytime a dialog box opens, even though I am using the 'no sounds' profile in the control panel. Finally, I filed a complaint with the BBB, and received a call from Dell to resolve the matter. They sent a new sound card, but as yet I haven't been able to get my point of contact in support to resond for installation. I was promised that this person would either get the sounds fixed or Dell would send a technician to my home. So far, neither of these two scenarios have occurred, though I have left several phone messages for the technician. Everytime I try to get in touch with another person to handle the matter I get the run-around. Wen I ask for a supervisor, I am told s/he is in a meeting. When I ask for that supervisor's supervisor, I am told they are all in meetings. As for email, whenever I have written to Dell's online support service, a redundant slew of messages arrive in my inbox directing me to read the information sheet on the Dell website. I own a few computers from different manufacturers. The Dell is the lemon. All the others have been reliable. K LA, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Mar 01 2004
Dell ripoff Austin Texas
I have had my computer and have tried numerous times to do a pay off of the balance, because I am billed each and every month a finance charge. My payment is approximately $30.00 a month. They add in late fees just about every month of $35.00 plus on top of that the new finance fee of $23.78, so as I wrote to make a deal to pay off they are not accepting the deal of my balance to be cleared of $800.00. Each month I pay 30.00; they add in 23.78. I see only getting credit of about $6.00. I have been paying on this 800.00 computer for 2 years now and my balance is now 1000.00. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get their attention besides stopping payments. I have written several times and called a million times and always end up in India customer services. I want to speak to someone in America, I have no more ideals Please help Thank you Dora Winchester, VirginiaU.S.A.
Jun 17 2004
Dell Computers ripofftookmoneynocomputernorecordoforder Dallas Internet
I called and got a quote for a computer told them to order it and got a cashiers check for it. I mailed the check the next day. I waited two weeks and no computer. I called Dell and they had no record of any order being made. I checked with my band and the check had been paid. I called Dell several times and talked to several different people. I got the run around in a big way. I am supposed to get my money back but I'm beginning to wonder now.The last person I talked to told me to call back and he'd make me a deal on the computer and he is in customer care not sales. I even talked to a supervisor and got a the run around from him. I am going to write several letters to Dell and see if I can get one to Michael Dell too. I am PO'd to the max. I thought this was a reputable company but I'm finding out differently. I was proud that this was a Texas company but not now. I am totaly embarrased that this is even associated with Texas. Connie Waller, TexasU.S.A.
Jun 29 2004
Dell - Dell Financial Services - CITI BankDell - Dell Financial Services Dell - Dell Financial Services - Dell Computer CorporationDell DFS Ripoff Misleading information and deals Austin Texas Nationwide
On June 18, 2004 I placed an order for the Dell Inspiron 8600 using the finance option (Dell Preferred Account also known as DPA. I was granted $5000 of credit and still had $3300 remaining after the order. The order was flawless, shipped quickly, received brand new and fully function; no hassles what so ever. On June 26, 2004, I wanted to purchase another notebook, Dell Inspiron 9100 along with a wireless router and card for the Inspiron 8600, which totalled to $1793.65. Everything was looking good until June 28, 2004, I checked the order status and it had been cancelled. I was shocked and contacted customer service and they told me that I had to wait in 24-48 hours in order to reorder because there was nothing they can do about it. The next day, I didn't see my credit for their cancellation and contacted them through the community boards. One of Moderators was very helpful and had Dell Financial Services (DFS) credit my DPA. I was relieved and happy to have such quick and efficient service. Thinking that everything is back to normal, I placed reordered the Inspiron 9100, the wireless router, and the card, but once I clicked Submit, I received a message saying that I could not pay using my DPA at this point. I told the Moderator about the situation and told me she contacted DFS and stated that my DPA had been blocked. This left me confused. I called DFS and I was told that I had to verify in order to be unblocked. I was transferred to be verified but I was running late for an appointment and asked if I can undergo the verification process later. I was told I could and was given a number where I can request to do so. I called back on my cellular phone, gave them the information they asked for and was told that I could not do the verification process due to a previous verification. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. What previous verification? Wasn't I just told that I could call back? Why would I have to go through a verification process if I received a notebook from them a week ago without any hassle? This is actually a summary of how I received much of the information of the account. It took about 12 phone calls, 8 message boards discussions, and 1 web chat help to find out that DFS had cancelled my purchase. If there was really something wrong with my account, I should have been notified at the purchase of the Inspiron 8600, contacted by phone and email rather than to cancel the entire order. My current next move is to hear from DFS via email. DFS over the phone was not helpful, instead they were misleading. Jessica Union City, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Aug 28 2008
DELL Round Rock Texas
There are two issues and I'll be succinct and brief with both regarding DELL COMPUTERS, DELL, DELL CORPORATION. 1) Two years back I ordered a Dell laptop that to this day I can't use. When you download a security suite the main page and screen goes blank. Twelve different computer repair shops didn't and don't know what to make of this. DELL TECHNICAL SUPPORT wasn't/isn't helpful because you mostly reach people with thick Pakistani accents that claim their names are Dave. (if male) Susan. (if female) DELL stopped communicating with me regarding this ongoing issue when I asked to return the laptop. DELL draws the line at accepting returns and usually blames the consumer when things go wrong or are wrong from the very beginning. When in doubt put it on the consumer and indicate that the consumer must have poured heavy flammable liquids, usually 40-40 oil - on and through-out the keyboards and while sleeping. 2) I ordered five varying electronic items through DELL'S 800 number. I became concerned with the salesperson because he knew mostly nothing about which he spoke (camcorders with hard drives) - and was turning pages and reading descriptions/making his pitch up as he went along. I thereby cancelled said order prior to ending the conversation. At which point in time the salesperson shipped the order, anyway, and we were off to the races. The order arrived seventeen seconds later, even though I'd phoned the salesperson seventeen times because I expected him to ship the order regardless of my wishes and instructions to the contrary. I'd also emailed said salesperson 112 times DO NOT SHIP DO NOT SHIP - DO NOT SHIP - PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKES I'M BEGGING THEE DO NOT SHIP. (DELL insists that consumers are safe from said behavior by an arbitrary call that comes from a different department - verifying said order - when that call came - I again instructed callee THE ORDER HAD BEEN CANCELLED) Five boxes were now sitting in our complex's management office because our manager, thinking she was doing me a favor, signed for said boxes when they were UPS shipped. I didn't panic - merely called DELL (the salesperson never returned one of nine frantic confirm-cancellation-calls/nor did he respond to any one of seventeen frantic please-confirm-cancellation-emails). Ignored me knowing full well the drill is that DELL likes orders/would support and back him. DELL would not take packages back - telling me that they didn't believe me - that all of their salespeople are model-community-and-civic-people, in fact that most if-not-all attend church on a regular and consistent basis. DELL then semi-relented but I'm not sure if anyone would consider this relenting. They offered to take the mis-shipment back but only if I agreed to have my account debited 50% of the order. In other words there is a consumer penalty assessed for the misbehavior of DELL salespeople. DELL then interrogated me, advised me to get a criminal attorney, and further threatened me with both Kojak and Columbo. They've gone to great lengths to place a positive DELL spin on this procedure - to defend any and all DELL (800) salespeople. At all times have they challenged the facts as I've presented them - at all times DELL has ruled in DELLS' favor. Via DELL FINANCIAL SERVICES as well as DELL CUSTOMER CARE. At all times DELL EMPLOYEES defend and explain away one another's actions and behavior - their trump card being the collection agencies. So the laptop sits underneath some trash in my living room - I can still use it providing I don't wish to go online - kind of like an expensive typewriter. And because I've fought to have this issue resolved with various branches of DELL - when I now call DELL a recording comes on indicating I've reached a non-working DELL department and to please check with the DELL operator. I'm abhorred by DELL, horrified that two simple transactions met with such hostility and negativity - and that they choose to fight with customers with a long track record of responsible consumer buying behavior. I often use COSTCO as a model - because COSTCO does not challenge or beg-to-differ or insult/tangle with customers and/or consumers - COSTCO takes a customers' word for what's transpired - never challenges its' customers - so that COSTCO is always a pleasant and winning event for those of us that shop and buy there. I'm at a loss to describe what little respect I have for DELL FINANCIAL SERVICES, DELL CUSTOMER CARE, DELL-in-general. That a year or two (in the case of my laptop) has been met with, at best, INDIFFERENCE on behalf of the good people over at DELL. I said to DELL, look, if you don't believe a word of what I'm saying, okay, I can live with that - what about this - what about I take a polygraph and ship you the results - will that help? Na, they wouldn't believe the polygraph, either - as they'd know nothing about the reputation of the firm or person giving the actual exam. Oh, okay, well, thanks anyway DELL! Nofski Joseph Los Angeles, CaliforniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on DELL
Entity: Round Rock, Texas
Oct 03 2008
Dell Tech support is a joke Internet
I have been waiting over 2 months for Dell tech support to assist in clearing up the computer problems I have been having with a Dell Inspiron 531s that I purchased in May 2008. The modem had went bad and after over 7 hours and a week of being on the phone with tech support, they finally sent a tech out to install a new modem. The tech support had me reload the operating software and ever since then, I can get on line, but none of the other features that I could use when I bought the computer are working. It will not allow me to print and the software Dell sent apparently doesn't have any printer drivers on it. I am in the process of purchasing a new HP desktop so that I will have a computer that works properly and also have knowledgable tech support that actually helps the consumer rather than just blowing them off. The current Dell I own is the 4th computer I have purchased over the years from Dell, but Dell will NEVER get my business again. Dave D Foley, AlabamaU.S.A.
Dec 27 2008
Dell TV Plasma TV Ripoff Nationwide
I bought a 42 Dell Plasma TV. It worked less than 2 years. Dell's authorize service company offered $1100 shipping plus $276 for fault isolation --- that's not even starting the repair! No service. No support. Don't buy a Dell - they don't stand behind their products. Anonymous Saint Cloud, FloridaU.S.A.
Dec 16 2008
Dell Price Gouging Internet
When I was ordering memory chips online from Dell on their website, the total cost for my order came to $618. However, the Dell website returned an error informing me that due to the large size of my order it was necessary to contact Dell via phone and place the order that way. So, I called Dell and I was put in touch with a Thomas Vincent [thomas_vincent@dell.com or 1-800-456-3355 x 9461176] to take my order over the phone. Thomas proceeded to ask me a series of questions totally unrelated to my order (such as how many employees do you have in your company, what line of business are you in, etc.). I soon was to learn that the whole logic behind Dell forcing you to call them to place large orders was so that they could make an estimate of how much money your company makes (by the questions that they ask) so that they could charge you more for your order. All of a sudden, the cost of my order jumped from the $618 that I was quoted online to $735 that I was now told that I had to pay (because apparently their computer system had ascertained from the answers to my questions that I was a perfect candidate for price gouging). I have contacted Thomas Vincent [thomas_vincent@dell.com or 1-800-456-3355 x 9461176] about this matter and he refuses to comment on this price gouging since he obviously earns a healthy commission from it. If you want to order parts online in future, I highly recommend PC Connection[www.pcconnection.com]. I have used them for years and they are a trustworthy New England company that keep jobs in America (unlike Dell who send their phone support jobs overseas to India and leave Americans unemployed). Remember, if you buy from Dell, you are paying to take jobs away from American's and send them overseas. Andrew Dunn Fort Myers, FloridaU.S.A.
Dec 14 2008
DELL WARRANTY RIPOFF... ALMOST TEXAS Texas
I PURCHASED A DELL EXPENSIVE DESKTOP UNIT IN DEC 04. I INCLUDED AN EXTENDED 4 YEAR WARRANTY IN THE ORDER. THE WARRANTY EXPIRES ON 12/13/08. ON OR ABOUT THE 3RD OF DEC. 08 I WAS HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE WIRELESS KEYBOARD. IT COULD NOT BE REPAIRED OR MADE TO WORK. I CALLED DELL AND JUST LIKE THE OTHER REPORTS HERE IT WAS TRANSFERS, TRANSFERS TO NOWHERE, IDIOTS READING FROM A SCRIPT AND JUST PLAIN HARASSMENT. THEY, DELL SAID THAT THE WIRELESS KEYBOARD WAS ORDERED AND SENT SEPARATELY AND THEREFORE IT ONLY HAD A ONE YEAR WARRANTY. I GAVE THEM OVER AND OVER THE SALES INFORMATION AND ORDER NUMBERS. I EXPLAINED TO THEM THAT THE KEYBOARD WAS AN UPGRADE THAT I ORDERED TO CUSTOMIZE THE SYSTEM, JUST LIKE THE LARGER FLAT SCREEN MONITOR. I TALKED TO AT LEAST 20 PERSONS, IDIOTS, BEFORE I HIT PAY DIRT. I FINALLY GOT THEM TO ADMIT IT WAS IN WARRANTY AND THEY AGREED TO REPLACE IT. THIS TOOK OVER 5 HOURS, MANY HIGH OCTAVES OF SCREAMING AT THE TECHNICIAN, AND YES A LOT OF VERY, VERY NASTY WORDS. BUT, I PREVAILED. HOWEVER, TOO SHOW HOW STUPID, INCOMPETENT AND SCREWED UP DELL IS... THEY SENT ME 3 NEW KEYBOARDS!!!!! ANYONE NEED A KEYBOARD???? Ace CLARKS SUMMIT, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Texas
Mar 20 2002
Dell Computers deceptive sales ripoff internet Internet
Dell Computers employs a fraudulent sales practice to get your business. I presented Dell with a list of 'must haves' for my home/office system. I was given a price based upon my list. My list included 'Office 2000', as necessary software. The salesman assured me that I would get everything I asked for, then gave me a very good price. I bought the system, but when I installed it, I found that Office 2000 was completely missing. I called the company immediately to complain, and have them send the disc to me, but they looked at the order written up by the salesman, and saw that he NEVER INCLUDED THE SOFTWARE I REQUESTED on the invoice. They refused to provide me with it, and refused to take the computer back and issue me a refund. Instead, they DEMANDED $300 MORE, FOR SOFTWARE THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE INCLUDED IN THE ORIGINAL ESTIMATE!!! It is abundantly clear that the salesman got my business by giving me a false estimate. He then wrote the order without the software I asked for, and denied any knowledge of my request, even though he had been given my list. I have since heard that this is NOT AN UNCOMMON PRACTICE for Dell. They get your business by giving very low estimates, then ship the unit without everything you asked for. They then refuse to issue a refund, since everything that was WRITTEN on the invoice by the salesman has been shipped. When you complain, they demand more money to 'solve' the problem. Stephanie Calgary, British Columbia
Feb 14 2002
DELL COMPUTERS-
I PURCHASED A COMPUTER FROM DELL ON 10TH SEPT 01 FOR 1,035. I WAS SENT THE WRONG SYSTEM AND IMMEDIATELY ASKED FOR AN EXCHANGE. I WAS TOLD THAT TO EXCHANGE THE SYSTEM TO WHAT I ORIGINALLY ORDERED IT WOULD COST AN EXTRA 200, I REFUSED AS THIS WAS OVER MY BUDGET. I AND MY ORIGINAL SALESMAN AGREED THAT I COULD HAVE A REFUND AND THAT THE SYSTEM WOULD BE COLLECTED FROM MY HOME ADDRESS WITHIN 3 DAYS....5 MONTHS LATER THE COURIERS HAVE COLLECTED THE SYSTEM AND I HAVE FINALLY RECIEVED MY REFUND. I CALLED THEM ATLEAST 3 TIMES A DAY, ALMOST EVERYDAY IN WHICH I HAVE BEEN IGNORED, GETTING THROUGH TO ONLY ANSWER MACHINES AND I HAVE BEEN PASSED ON TO OTHER STAFF. I HAVE ALSO MANAGED TO GET THROUGH TO 5 DIFFERENT MANAGEMENT STAFF WHO HAVE ALL LIED TO ME. IT HAS BEEN SO VERY DIFFICULT TO SORT THIS MATTER OUT AS THEY ARE BASED IN IRELAND AND I ORDERED FROM THE UK. I AM NOW TAKING THIS MATTER TO THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT TO CLAIM BACK THE INTEREST THAT THEY HAVE MADE ON MY MONEY FOR ALL THIS TIME! MY ADVICE WOULD BE TO BUY GOODS FROM A COMPANY THAT HAS AN OFFICE BASED NEAR TO YOU SO IF THERE ARE ANY PROBLEMS YOU KNOW WHERE THEY ARE. AND REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE ENTITLED TO CLAIM ANY INTEREST THAT THEY MAKE ON YOUR CASH.
Jan 02 2003
DELL rip-off Internet
I thought I made a great decision when I choose to update my PCS and of all brands I choose Dell,what a dissapointement I been having problems I did not even know existed from day one.I was very reluctant of purchasing the 3 year tecnical support but they convince me and now I feel so helpless I bet they even laugh every time a call. And then if that was not enough I bought from them my printer and now it happens to be it is not compatible for the system I purchase.The wasted hours with incompetant and unprofesional personel from Dell is imposible to deal with. The computer component service keeps getting disable for no reason at all.I,m just afraid that at the long term I,m going to have to pay to get the system to work or just get rid of my new PCS and buy another one. melissa staten island, New YorkU.S.A.
Jul 06 2012
Dell tech support scam , Internet
I have called Dell three times since May 7, 2012.  On May 7,      I was sold a support desk contract (Dell Solution Station) for $204.70.  On  6/7/12,     I was sold System Mechanic software for $116 On 6/30/12,    I was sold a McAfee contract for $63.83 The total is $384.53 in less than two months.  This is almost enough to purchase a new computer.  After each time I call, my computer begins acting  worse than ever.  I am feeling like a patsy.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Feb 11 2010
DELL Computers Credit Card Hold Issue Online, Internet
We decided to purchase a laptop from Dell on 2/9/2010. We went to the website and ordered a computer. Later on, after speaking to family members and reading tons of bad internet reviews about Dell computers, we decided to cancel the order. We canceled the order two hours after it was placed.We canceled the order by phone. The order was still in processing and never went through. I asked the customer service representative if my credit card had been charged. I was told, Don't worry about that. I told her that I was not worried, I wanted to know what was going on with my credit card. She told me that my card had not been charged. I asked if a hold had been put on my card. She said no.Today, 2/11,  I went to purchase a computer someplace else and my card was declined. I called my credit card company and was advised that Dell has a $545.00 hold on my credit card.I called Dell and was literally transferred all around the world (India and another country where I couldn't identify the accent). I finally got a supervisor (after being on hold for 20 minutes) who wanted to argue with me about the hold on my charge card! He tried to tell me that we only ordered the computer yesterday. After I would not back down he finally admitted that the hold had been on my credit card two days, but insisted that it would take another day to come off.I am in the process of filing an attorney general office and an FTC complaint regarding this issue. The credit card company does not consider a hold a charge, even though the hold has reduced my available credit balance, and will not allow me to dispute the matter.What Dell is doing is fraud. The hold on my credit card should have been released immediately when I canceled the order two days ago. It is nearly impossible to get a native English speaker on the phone. The customer service is the worst I've ever experienced anywhere. The reps can barely speak English and you can barely understand a word they say. They're also rude with poor attitudes. I've never seen a company where people are so argumentative when they are clearly in the wrong. The company itself is not a good company to do business with.I'm writing this complaint to warn others. Do NOT do business with these people. All of the reviews you are reading here are true. I'm thankful that I did not actually go through with getting the computer.My sister bought a computer from them a year ago that was not supposed to be built with non-proprietary parts. The computer is full of Dell parts. Dell is actively being sued by at least two Attorney General's offices, and possibly more.Save yourself the hassle and headache. Do not get tangled up with Dell. You will be sorry.
Entity: Online, Internet
Jul 17 2010
DELL customer service bad product Internet, Nationwide
I have had an Inspiron 1721 for 2 and a half years. I have the best warranty that Dell offer, so I guess that was the only good decision made buying this computer. The warranty is up 12-16-10. Since I've had the computer I've had to replace numerous parts, some repeatedly. I have a lemon if there ever was one. Dell won't even consider replacing the computer. I think it is because they are trying to run my warranty out. I will never buy another item from Dell. I use my computer for work and have been without it for more than 30 days since I've had it, due to repairs. Everyone I know that needs a computer, I will do whatever I can to push them to something else. I'm sure there may be good Dell stories, but I don't have one and they have done nothing to show there dedication to their product. Buyer Beware!!! here is a list of replaced items mother board X 2 hard drive X 3 keyboard X 2 LCD X 1 Wireless card X 1 memory X 1 AC adapter X 1
Entity: Internet, Nationwide
Dec 17 2009
DELL poor service Internet
I used to like Dell I have told several friends and family members to purchase from them in the past. But after my first and last order with them for a TV, I truly realized what a mistake it was. This is not something they build that would be affected by parts or manufacturing delays. I ordered a 60 DLP on 12/04 with a delivery date of 12/16. Then they change the date to 2/2/2010..??? I called and canceled the order on 9/14 and was told it was fine and would be refunded. On 9/15 I get an email that the TV was shipped. Now I had already ordered another TV on 9/14, after canceling the Dell order, from else where that shipped the same day it was ordered. So now I have 2 60 tvs on their way. Called Dell and was told when they got the cancellation notice they probably scrambled to find a TV and shipped it.......You couldn't find one before and now one magically appears after I cancel and you just ship it without contacting me first?I see that this once great company has declined into a company that just wants sales and will lie their way to keep them. They make you think your order is in production and there is no way to cancel. That is a lie. They give you a made up delivery date and change it repeatedly.We have rights as consumers to order a product and receive it when it was promised or close to it. I know delays can happen, but Dell needs to man-up and allow people to cancel orders if they are not happy with the new delivery date.They say its because of parts shortages, laptops made in Manila and take time to ship to US before they ship to customer...blah blah...blah. Are these issues the customers fault?...NODid customers ask DELL to kill American jobs and offshore their facilities?..NODo they post on their website when you order that there could be long delays due to parts shortages etc.?.....NOThey just keep pulling in the orders, delaying them and refusing cancellations and refunds.Since my episode with Dell I have been checking their forums and cannot believe the number of people getting delayed and being told tough doo-doo you can't cancel and just have to wait.I have been put on-hold and sent from person to person for hours just to be hung up on when I ask to speak to a manager. The only resolution came when I was told a manager would call me back and I asked for notes to be put on my account: Delivery refused - will allow 1 week for Dell to get back unit and process refund - if not refunded in that time I will begin legal action and complaints to US FTC for violation of mail order act.Guess what happened?... A manager that was too busy to take my call picked up the phone and resolved my issue in 5 minutes!I have had my posts deleted of their forums by their admin for posting this to others that have long delays:Enforced by the FTC, the Mail or Telephone Order Rule applies to orders placed by phone, fax or the Internet.If,after taking the customers order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customers consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customers consent to the delay--either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted totreatthe customers silence as consent and the customer has notexpresslyconsented to the delay, or because the customer has expresslyrefused toconsent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise.Obviously they do not want other customers to know they have rights in these matters.GOODBYE DELL.....RIP
Entity: , Internet
Nov 02 2009
Dell fraud Internet
I paid extra to have access to top tech advice. When I started some grad classes on-line, I kept loosing my internet connection. Not knowing this is to be expected wihtout broad band or satellite, and I just didn't notice it so before since I didn't need to spend so much time, I called for help. This happened the next week, too. The first week, I had to go back in time on the computer. The second, week, I had to reinstall everything. One charged me over a hundred dollars to ask me to download a bunch of security programs from hippo.com The last one said they expect it may be worse and go over my maximum hours, and then, a tech would have to be sent to my home to fix hardware. I had made straight A's the first week of my computer class and the school averaged it to a 71  since I could not work the third week, so I lost over $500 and would have had to repeat the class. The third time, however, I called McAfee Security System which is from the people Dell had on my computer. They indicated that hippo.com is trouble and know for it. After scanning for more trouble, they took off all that showed me how to use the computer cleaner, and since now I clean often, scan often, and defragment, I have had no further trouble. Overall I lost about $700 between the class and the fee for phoney top tech service.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Aug 05 2011
Dell customer service terrible Roundrock, Tennessee
I contacted Dell on Saturday, July 30th, to extend the warranty on my Vostro laptop (service tag GCN2DN1).  After waiting on hold for over 30 minutes, I was finally able to place my order to a rep. who could barely speak English.  The rep. told me that the 1 year warranty was $109.  I asked to be billed, and she said that it could be charged on my Dell preferred account.  The next day, I received a call from the accounts dept. to confirm the order; however, the amount was around $150.  I was then told I had to contact the sales dept to resolve the issue.  I then spent another HOUR and was transferred no less than 10 times from one rep to another.  I finally requested to speak with a manager from the customer service dept.  After waiting another 30 minutes, the manager (who also did not speak English very well), told me that the order had NEVER been processed.  He assured me that the manager from the warranty dept would contact me the next day (Monday).  Of course, he never did.  On the following Tuesday, I filed a complaint against Dell with the Better Business Bureau.  On Thursday I received a call from Dennis who claimed to be from Dell Corporate (though his English was far from fluent).  My call was lost and he left a message with his extension to call him back.  I called back promptly and asked to be called back on Friday as it was almost 5pm.  I never received a call on Friday.  I have contacted Dells corporate number at 512-977-0808.  A generic message plays and asked me to leave a message.  Then the recording stated that the voice mail was full.  Friday evening around 6:45, I finally received a call from Dennis.  After explaining my experience, he offered to give me a discount of $9! He claimed the original amount was $168 even though I was quoted $109 from the first rep.  After arguing with him for several minutes, he offered $80 for the warranty.  I reluctantly agreed.  However, I am even wondering if he will even process the discount.  I wouldnt be surprised if I get the bill and still says $168.  Even if he does, I am still very unsatisfied with a $29 discount for the immense frustration Dell has caused me. Until this experience, I have had quality service from DELL.  However, this experience has taught me that buying a Dell isnt worth it anymore due to their PATHETIC customer service.
Entity: Roundrock, Tennessee
Mar 30 2009
DELL worthless warranty Internet
A HUMOROUS STORY 1. One of the hard disks in my 3 year old DELL went bad so I ordered a replacement disk. (58 dollars, delivered). 2. A day later I got an e-mail saying this type of disk was on back-order and would ship in about 2 weeks. 3. Two days later the disk is delivered to my home. 4. I didn't put it in that day and the very next day a letter arrives from DELL telling me that my warranty would expire in a month and wouldn't I like to pay about 250 dollars for an extended warranty? That the computer was still under warranty seemed like the ever elusive free lunch! So I contacted dell-support, explained the issue, which I am pretty certain the tech did NOT understand, and was passed off to customer-care. 5. A contacted customer-care on a Friday so I was fairly certain they wouldn't respond in a timely manner so I replaced the hard drive and restored the RAID 1 mirroring. (The good new is that the DELL manuals --if you can find where they are hidden among all the junk they load on your system-- are pretty good. The RAID manager was from INTEL and their web-site has good instructions on restoring RAID arrays.) 6. Today customer-care responds that they cannot do anything except have me ship the disk back. I quess they want to send their techs out with a replacement disk and install it? I was momentarily tempted to send them the old bad disk but better judgement prevailed. 7. Needless to say I don't think I will give them about $250 for an extended warranty. LESSONS LEARNED ( in over 40 years working with computers) A. The companies are now competing on PRICE. In any given year the company will have a few percent of their customers so irate with them that they leave. But the same is true for their competitors -- look at the RIP-OFF reports for the other companies. They just swap their irate customers. Incidently this isn't limited to computer companies -- have you ever tried to get any service company to fix THEIR foul-ups? B. Forget tech support. If you can read go to the trouble of actually reading the documentation they provide. I know a lot of it is nearly hopeless jargon but with the aid of search engines you can get through most of it-- and you will be more knowledgable than their techs, who are just reading it themselves. This will require at least 20 hours of HARD work. If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. C. Warranties-- just assume what you buy is as is. Most computer stuff is amazingly reliable. Plan on fixing it yourself (if you can) OR plan on using some local tech shop and paying. Remember you may not get what you pay for but for sure will not get what you didn't pay for. You did shop on price didn't you? D. Do NOT buy anything with a DEBIT card. USE the shop-safe or similar option on your credit card -- if you don't know what this is you need a new credit-card company! I do a one-time card through Pay_Pal whenever I can. And by the way, even on a credit card anything for under $50 is of no interest to your card company -- see A above. Tom-ca livermore, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Nov 20 2008
Dell Bad Customer Service. Greater Manchester LAncashire Nationwide
On the 5th November 2008, I ordered a Dell Studio 17 laptop and case total price 650GBP. On Monday the 10th November I received a call from the account manager (lets call him Mohammed) who dealt with my sale telling me that the laptop was on it's way and the couier would be in touch. when I checked my order status on the Dell website it said my estimated delivery date was the 24th November. I called Mohammed on the 17th of November only to get through to his voice mail, I left a message for him to call me regarding my order, I did not get a call back. So I emailed him, still no reply. Today (20th November) I get an automated email from Dell telling me my order has been put back until the 2nd December due to a shortage of parts. So, this morning, I spent almost two hours trying to speak to someone in a Indian call centre to ask why my order had been put back, I was passed from reception to reception I spoke to six different people who did not seem interested in my call and just kept quoting my extended delivery date. I even left Mohammed three voice mails, I was told he will take between four and six hours to reply, thirteen hours later still no reply. When I asked if I can cancel my order the person I spoke to said I would have to speak to the person that took my order (Mohammed), guess what they put me through to his voice mail. By this time I was so angry, I asked to be put through to a manager in the UK, I was told this is not possible, I asked to speak to a manager in the call centre, I was told none were available. So Dell have had my 650GBP since the 5th November and I have no laptop. Peterbez SalfordUnited Kingdom Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on DELL

Showing 76-100 | Showing Page 4 of 81