DIRECT BUY Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Direct Buy

There may be more reports for "Direct Buy"

For more results perform a general search for "Direct Buy"

Showing 26-50 of 59,431 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Direct Buy"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Sep 12 2016
Direct Buy Travel Travel by Direct BuyDirect Buy Deceptive and deceitful Nationwide
We have been members of Direct Buy for many years.  Rarely have we used the services, but when we did, we found that we saved a tremendous amount of money.  A little more than 12 months ago, we were approached to look into their new Travel options and services. We attended an event at the Gaylord Texan and the offers made seemed too good to be true, so we declined to upgrade our membership at that time.  The offers were points, free cruise for two and free resort stays, based upon availability, on at any of their resorts, or any cruise line or fleet.  Several weeks later, we started receiving phone calls about this same opportunity.  After much back and forth, over the phone, with the sales associate, I started asking very specific questions. The associate continued to tell me over and over again, that by upgrading our membership at just over $2500, we would receive a 7 night cruise, on any cruise line, for two, and a 7 night resort stay, or, two 7 night resort stays.  The choice was ours. My husband is an avid cruiser so I had an idea of the cost of cruising and thought we'd get pretty close to breaking even at $2500 if we chose a cruise and a resort stay.  With our longstanding membership satisfaction to guide me, I agreed, and paid the money over the phone.  Everything changed once I tried to book the cruise. During the sale mode the associate, continued to say Any cruise line, 7 nights, for two people.  I tried to book a 7 night Alaskan cruise and was told it was not good on that particular line because it is considered a luxury line.  Just today, I tried to book on another line for a cruise to the Bahamas.  Nope, not good on this line either. Any cruise line means exactly that to me.  At the time of purchase, the rep even went as far to say that a Viking River cruise would be acceptable. Never was it mentioned that there are excluded resorts or excluded cruise lines. In addition, the sales reps go into an overload of information on air travel discounts. I have not attempted to use this yet, I'm holding my breath because again, at the time, it did seem too good to be true, all the other promises were.
Entity: Nationwide
Apr 12 2017
Direct buy travel Direct buy Directbuy travel rip off!!!!! Nationwide
  Cost me $2000 and promise of either two weeks free anywhere in the world resort or one week free and three or four day cruise. Now that it's time to use my resort it's not free after all, I spent two hours on the phone clarifying making sure that the $2000 would be going towards at least a free week somewhere and it turns out unless I want to go to Mexico there's nothing free most resorts around $2000 so what was the point of joining and paint 2000 upfront and having to pay $2000 for the week unless I go to Mexico which I really don't care to go to ,The whole thing is a scam do not join you could get better service at AAA
Entity: Nationwide
Jan 05 2010
Direct Buy Direct Lie Frauds Liars Biggest scam ever ripoff Shrewsbury Massachusetts
We fell into the trap after the initial visit tour. We should have known better because of the high pressure sales tactics but unfortunately we joined DIRECT LIE.We were builing a new home and were told that we would save tens of thousands of dollars. Yeah, right. This from someone who has no clue about building. It was not until after the first two months, we discovered that they could not beat our price quotes on windows, shingles, doors, siding and most importantly the kitchen that is their big seller. What a joke.When we tried to approach the owner, who is not a very good business person and is actually very immature, and received no satisfaction. I called UCC headquarters and spoke to franchise relations and reported the Shrewsbury franchise and their bad business tactics.Within four hours, I received a call from the Shrewsbury store stating that my membership was revolked with a full refund. My response was revoked? more like terminated at the customers request but if it makes you feel better to say my membership was revolked so be it. Bottom line is I got my money back and never have to deal with that BS again.DO NOT FALL PREY TO THE SCAM, YOU WILL BE SORRYAn educated customer is their worst enemy.SB thompson, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Entity: Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Jun 16 2011
Direct Buy Membership is a rip off DON'T BUY IT! Ripoff Scottsdale Arizona
Sounds like a great idea. The company lets you look at Dealer catalogs and tells you to keep it quite. I did just that and found that everything I bought was cheaper on the Internet. A refridgerator, ceiling fans etc. What was there response to my letter to them? Nothing. What did they do when I told them they were too expensive? They said they would look into it. In fact, they don't look into anything except scamming new members. Save your money and your time. If you want something to do, call the Attorneys General and file a complaint. I will.Sam Chandler, ArizonaU.S.A.Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on United Consumers
Entity: Scottsdale, Arizona
Feb 21 2013
Direct Buy Warranty WARNING! DO NOT BUY Iselin, New Jersey
As short as I can keep this - be aware this company has no intentions of maintaining your vehicle.They are at the top of using the internet to scam money away from YOU by using deceptive practices and dishonest sales people. I foolishly bought into their sales pitch for a car I bought for my daughter. The very best Bumper to Bumper warranty available quote the salesman. My daughter has taken her extremely nice 2006 Nissan Murano in for needed repairs. The paper work sent by these schiesters clearly says that her problems would be covered. We get a call back from a very poorly english speaking person to tell us claim declined. Obviously a company scheme to eliminate the need to try to argue with someone that does not understand. I spent $1500 to buy the initial premium package. My daughter and I have had to spend $1250 out of pocket to pay for repairs that ARE CLEARLY STATED AS BEEING COVERED in the warranty papers sent to us. My goal is to inform as many people as I can that may consider extended warranty for a vehicle.. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS COMPANY. Google them. Do what ever research you can. Unless a bogess, paid respondent posts, not one customer is happy. I hope we all can organize and put this scumbag company out of business.
Entity: Iselin, New Jersey
Jan 12 2013
Direct Buy direct buy is really a direct scam with high pressure sales and they're full of lies richmond, Virginia
We were invited to tour direct buy for an overview of their membership program to purchase items at the cost distributors pay.  We were enticed to the walkthrough with a 2 night 3 day vacation, $100 dinner card, and water park passes.  Ultimately we didn't get what was promised. The dinner card is limited at best.  The 2 night vacation really turned into a 1 night vacation and must be booked for 3 different dates in the event they must cancel...etc, etc We listened to the endless promises of rock bottom prices on high end merchandise but when I questioned the one major appliance I was in need of I was told they don't carry that brand...figures.  The saleman was rude and condescending when he realized we saw through the scam he was trying to sell.  Run the number folks, make them show you the savings and they crumble... Awful experience - would never ever consider a membership.  Not to mention, who what kind of company uses the buy now or you won't have another opportunity marketing strategy???  UM - okay so if I called tomorrow you'd turn down my 5K...I don't think so.  However, pressure sales are the first sign you should run and run fast!!!
Entity: richmond, Virginia
Aug 15 2007
DBA Direct Buy Customer Service At Its Finest - Be Informed, Be Wise when you BUY from DIRECT BUY Thousand Oaks California
I have read many of the Rip-Off reports on Direct Buy .. I am a customer of the Thousand Oaks facility .. here are some undeniable facts that one needs to consider .. I did a complete home renovation, I joined Direct Buy to assist in saving money on this .. it did just that .. in my kitchen alone I saved over over $30,000 after paying for my $6000 membership plan. The savings came from being able to purchase a much higher quality kitchen cabinet and counter top. This is a fact .. not a tale, if I never save another penny from Direct Buy, it was worth it. The customer service associates at Thousand Oaks are simply the best .. they are the reason I go back to Direct Buy to make purchases.Have I had problems .. sure I have, but I would have had the potential for problems using any other company also. The fact is .. I saved over $30,000 just in my kitchen alone.So be wise, shop wise - you will find that DBA Direct Buy is not a flook .. rather they are a company who gives what it says it can give. They never claim to be able to save you money on every item .. but what they can save you money on is surely worth the nominal investment one makes.Dba direct buy - the real deal melvbirye, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Thousand Oaks, California
Aug 21 2012
Direct Buy -UCC Total Home ripoff - Deceptive high pressure selling Spokane Washington
Beware of the company Direct Buy in Spokane! They generally are showing their infomercial on the weekends to lure you into their showroom. Reminds me of a spider luring their prey into the web, and by that time, it's too late. They claim to eliminate the middle man so you can buy directly from the factory at a much reduced price that the factory sells to the stores.The owners of the franchise, Ron and Denise Cully, I considered used false advertising to get me there. I and several other people were escorted into another room to watch a video about their franchise. Toward the end of the film, the real truth was starting to be revealed. The cost of the dues was $2500.00 and $200.00 a year after that for 10 years. Reminded me of a time share scam.After the film, we then were sat down to go over the paperwork to sign up. I was told that if I did not sign up that night that I would not be able to sign up ever again. In sense blackballed. Ron Cully even suggested putting a small down payment down and can finance the rest. I explained my situation to him about building a house about a year down the road and was not ready to commit to something like this right now and if I could sign up when I'm ready to go. That wasn't flying at all with him. He said now or never. I've been in sales all my life and have never had to resort to the tactics he was using. Thats when I decided that no one treats me with this much disrespect and got up and walked out. Hope this report helps someone out. Please don't get conned and cheated by this sleazeball. He will get his due when the big man upstairs has him and his wife before him for judgement.Richard Spokane, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: Spokane, Washington
Sep 14 2006
NC FURNITURE BUY DIRECT ripoff HIGH POINT North Carolina
In January of 2006 I orderd several rooms of furniture from NC Furniture Buy Direct in High Point North Carolina. I piad in full with my debit Card tied directly to my bank account. I have never recieved any furniture or a refund. I have been in contact with this company dozens of times and have been given every excuse in the book. Supposedly, I was to recieve a full refund on July 24th of 2006. I have yet to recieve any of the more than $5,000.00 I sent to them. I have filed with the North Carolina BBB with no sucess. I have complained to the North Carolina Attorney Generals Office also. They tell me that they have recieved many similar complaints, and have sent me a complaint form to fill out. Barry Biloxi, MississippiU.S.A.
Entity: HIGH POINT, North Carolina
Jan 31 2006
K.L.D. International - Direct Buy deceptive, misleading, ripoff and very dishonest Lancaster Pennsylvania
I went to an open house and was told you could save 70% over retail prices. You might be able to save that on a few items, but most are more than at a store.They were dishonest about all the hidden charges. Freight charges, tax, surcharge so, many other things. They said, nothing about just 3 days to cancel, I thought it was 3 months until I called and they told me.Their salepeople techniques are deceptive and misleading. Down right dishonest.Jill York, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Aug 08 2012
Direct Buy - directbuy.com Ripoff was intrigued, but skeptical Buffalo New York
I had seen the commercials for Direct Buy early in the morning several times. I have to admit that I was skeptical... But we are planning on buying all new furniture, drapery, a big screen tv, and a new bedroom set, and I figured I'd look into this DirectBuy company when I got home from work. I wanted to see if they had a website first, we're on the national do not call list, and I know that even calling them for information can give them the right to call us.I did find the site with no trouble, but it was largely uninformative. It said nothing more than what I had heard in the 10 minutes I listened to it while I was getting ready for work. The raving customer reviews were dry and seemed perfectly scripted... That was the first thing that lead me to suspicion.I was curious to see how much membership costs... Here I am, naively thinking it'd be... maybe $100... but I couldn't find anywhere where their fees were listed. That raised my suspicions a little more. I was really hoping to find where I could look up items, and see what they're charging.I'd understand I wouldn't have access to their full catalog, but if I could just check out a few things, I could get a good idea for what I'm in for... LOL- I used to watch THE PRICE IS RIGHT, alot, and I've gotten very good at pricing things.I decided to do a websearch for direct buy reviews and I think I clicked on maybe 10 different links, and not one had anything good to say about this company. That is what helped me make my mind up.Ultimately, I'm leaving this message to thank all of you, and ripoffreport for your insight. Although it's HORRIBLY unfortunate what you've all been through, if nothing else comes of it, I just want you to know, that some good has come of it. You're saving other prospecive consumers from making the same mistake, as long as they do their research. Good luck to all of you with the whole scam, and don't quit fighting it!Carrie Tonawanda, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Buffalo, New York
37, Report #194904
Jun 05 2006
NC Furniture Buy Direct ripoff High Point North Carolina
the NC Furniture Buy Direct stole $3,952 from me. I think they have a very cozy organization where they take orders, promise delivery way beyond the time when customers could get their credit card companies interfere with the payment. I don't think that NC Furniture Buy Direct ever sold a single piece of furniture, and I am very embarassed that I fell victim to their scam. The only thing I don't understand, how come that they are still able to do business? Well, I found High Point NC police website, and reported them for theft. Judit Lorain, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: High Point, North Carolina
38, Report #201339
Jul 16 2006
Direct Buy Dishonest, mis-leading,delivery practices, lost orders, rude, and not helpful. Sanford Florida
I joined Direct Buy in November 2004, at a cost of $ 3,900. I ordered over $10, 000. worth of product on several orders. There was not one order that was delivered on time, most orders were lost, or came in piece by piece. The policy of this office is if you don't pick up your order with-in 5 days you are charged a per day storage. When I joined I was told a $ 50.00 delivery charge would be charged to deliver to my home. I questioned that because it is over 50 miles to my home. I was told that independent dilivery services would only charge $ 50.00 per trip.As I said they make it sound so easy and it is not. I ordered a simple breakfast table and 4 chairs, they at first lost my order.Then it was another 4 months until it arrived, one of the chairs were damaged and it took another 2 months to get it replaced. My story goes on and on. They have a high turn over of personal. MMr.Dillon amd Mike Dillon promise the world and do not deliver. I want order a new kitchen and appliances for a new home I am building but will not consider using them because of the nightmares I have experienced. My advise to anyone considering Direct Buy is DONT DO IT>Mary Summerfield, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Sanford, Florida
Jun 17 2011
Direct Buy Fast sales pitch Big Promises and No Follow through or Savings Grand Rapids Michigan
setTimeout( 'openPopWin();', 1000);function openPopWin(){window.open('/reports/ripoff473086.htm');} Direct Buy made huge promises of big savings for us. This is incorrect. Everything that we checked on to get the big savings ended up being a bigger cost instead. All of the local merchants here in town all came in at lower prices than Direct Buy. So of course we went to the local merchants istead so we could save money. Now My Husband and I are out of all the money that we had to pay into this no for good company. Total scam right from the word go.Didn't even give us the opportunity to check things out. Just sign sign. Then once Signed and paid. Everything they promised. Suddenly discontinued. And no longer do that any more. Check on fencing. Found cheaper else where here in town. Along with everything else we had to purchase for our home.Wendy Wyoming, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Jul 24 2007
Direct Buy high pressure sales tactics Tinley Park Illinois
Today I went to an open house at Direct Buy which was over 2 hours of my life that I will not get back. I went to what was supposed to be a tour with my recently-widowed mother because she did not want to go by herself.I was caught off-guard at first when I noticed several signs telling people that they could not use cell phones. Was there medical equipment in this building that cell phones could interfere with? I doubt it. Then, we sat through a 2 hour propaganda session about how much money we would save with Direct Buy. I was a little surprised when the presenter insulted a man who didn't give the expected answers when he asked questions, but it still seemed interesting at first until we saw....the rules and the fees. $5000 membership fee for the first 3 years and if we didn't sign up tonight, we would miss this golden opportunity and would never be offered another chance. I was very annoyed for several reasons.First of all, we were never told prior to coming that we had to buy a membership tonight or never or we would have done research prior.Second, I don't know of very many financially responsible people who would walk in to a business without any prior knowledge and drop $5000 on the spot based on a sales pitch.Third, we were only allowed to look at catalogues that contained some items that they carried only after the 2 hour sales pitch. I imagine that they did not want us to use cell phones so that we could call someone else to find out what the 'retail' price was of some of the items offered at Direct Buy. Then we would may find out that the membership was not worth the $5000 membership fee. When I told them that I did not appreciate feeling threatened into buying a membership that I didn't know would benefit me, they offered to find ways to finance the membership for me. How kind of them, from what I have seen on the internet, there is a 17% interest rate if you finance your membership. No thanks, I am not poor, I am just not about to blow $5000!I find Direct Buy's method of conducting business condescending and unethical. Because of their marketing strategies, I would imagine that they attract many potential members who would greatly benefit from saving money. Unfortunately, these poor people are not given the chance to talk it over or comparison shop to see if this is really worth their $5000 investment.I hope that my mother and I were not the only people in the seminar tonight that did not succumb to the pressure to buy a membership tonight and that others followed us out the door. I did save $5000 today-I did not buy a Direct Buy membership!Lory Tinley Park, IllinoisU.S.A.Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Direct Business Services
Entity: Tinley Park, Illinois
Aug 07 2007
Direct Buy Save your money and your credit ripoff Sanford Florida
This company preys on the working class with promises of savings. The high pressured sales tactics combonied with the threat that you will never be able to join unless you do it that day. You barely get a chance to read the contract let alone look into the company.Another huge warning should be the promise of the in house credit department that will not run involve your credit what so ever. They ask for a large up front deposit with monthly payments for the next 3 years.The first club we were assigned too never answered our requests for price requests for items we wanted to purchase for our first home. After 3 months we requested a transfer and from their it only got worse. The prices were higher then anything we could afford.After that we started trying to cancel our membership. Their finance company Beta Finance Company has placed the membership fee's on our credit reports. They also call at least 3 times a week at all hours of the day.Do a little research, you can find everything you need on the internet cheaper. Save yourself a lot of headache and heartache avoid this company and warn anyone that may join this company.Chad orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Sanford, Florida
May 29 2008
Direct Buy - Beta Finance DirectBuy; What a scam? Cincinnati Ohio
Last year, my wife and I recieved a free pass to a Direct Buy Seminar. The show went very fast and they were all very convincing. They talked about how you can save thousands of dollars each year by buying everything directly with the companies. It all sounded so great. So we continued to listen to the sales person. We were really unable to have time to think about the company because they tell you if you dont purchase that day, you will not be able to come back, so we were hurried along with the paperwork.After signing all the papers, we left. The next day, it was like what had we done? We tried to contact them back to cancel, but after several attempts, they would not contact us back. We were supposed to start a payment plan, but after talking with a rude individual from Beta Finance, which apparently is a subsidary of DirectBuy, we tried to explain to them that we were unable to afford this and that we had tried to cancel, she said that there was no cancelling it because it was a contract we signed.Both of these companies are frauds. They have mastered their techniques of getting into the pocket books of the general public. Beware!! Make sure before you attend one of these seminars, be sure and do your homework and not fall into their trap.Anonymous La Grange, KentuckyU.S.A.
Entity: Cincinnati, Ohio
Aug 20 2012
Direct Buy - Directbuy Ripoff Scam not worth it Deceptive and extremely high pressure sales pitch Memphis Tennessee
When you go to the open house you are put through a fast, well rehearsed, smooth, presentation. You are wowwed with examples of savings on items that the presentor cuts from local advertisements. They do the math in front of you and tell you that you will save big on big ticket items like furniture. After the presenattion you are put one on one and undergo a rather high pressure pitch to close the deal.What they fail to mention when they do their math, and what I believe constitutes deceptive practice, is that they do not mention the 8% handling fee. This handling fee is seperate from the freight fee. I bought several smaller priced items and I guess I didn't notice the handling fee or I thought it was a charge from the local center to handle the merchandise when it arrived.We went to order a bedroom set and the handling fee ended up being close to $200.00 on top of the $500.00 freight charge. When I asked what the handling fee was exactly, I was told it was what corporate charged to process the order.SCAM!!! Paperwork is paperwork!! How much harder is it to type in a couple extra numbers or recite a few extra words over the phone. A fee to process the paperwork..?! What did my $5000 membership fee cover?Regardless, this fee was never included in their slick presentation!! Their pitch is you pay manufacturer prices plus the exact cost of shipping. They fail to mention that they take an 8% cut of your purchase!!!It all worked out though...turns out a local furniture company had the exact same bedroom set for only $92.00 more than the directbuy price and they would deliver and set it up versus me transporting the whole set from the direct buy center. That alone is worth the extra $92.00.Bottom line...Directbuy is not worth it. You save pennies but is your frustration, time, and effort worth it..!?!?!If anyone is forming a class-action lawsuit I want in!!Andrew memphis, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: Memphis, Tennessee
Apr 04 2012
Direct Buy ripoff, dishonest, sneaky Annapolis Junction Maryland
I am a former employee of Direct buy of columbia,I worked there a little over six months.The whole time I was there I couln't Why people would even come there and waste there time. The membership is 3,500.Now who in there right mind would spend that kind of money on a comany that is going to be moving at the end of the month.What if they go out of business? I have witnessed people come in there not even knowing they are already members,because they have changed there name it used to be UCC total home.There are so many thing s about this company that I want to tell.First of all you watch the the informercial you think you are getting information in the mail you don't.You get a phone call three times a day for three days sometimes more than that if business is slow.Then they demand that you bring your spouse.They don't want you to say I have to talk this over with my spouse. At the open house they start off by saying their not here to sell you a bunch iof merchandise. The only thing they want you buy is that 3,500 membership.The sales person is getting anywhere from 10-15 percent of your money.There is no return policy. You pay first,if you like it that's great if not that's just to bad. They not going to call you back. When you have a problem they are going to tell you that you can't talk to the manufactuers. So who do you talk to?I have witnessed them telling the receptionist to call someone back about a refund. Come on Alex Wong and Ruel Rodgers be men. You weren't scared to take these people money,and lie and tell these people how great your company is. When all you care about is that $3,500. All I can say is DONT DO ITKiona Severn, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Sep 05 2007
DIRECT BUY misleading and rude Ft Lauderdale Florida
We started the direct buy when we decided to redo the bathroom. It sounded like a great idea, but after paying the deposit and the additional 200.00 per month fee it gave us a limited option on how much i could spend on the items i needed. the people there are not helpful at all down right rude.I think we should all get together and start a class action maybe then we can get back even some of the money lost. I am so afraid to stop paying the finance co because i have a perfect credit rating and don't need it on my record. I truly think if a lot of the people get together (even if we can get back 1000-1500 of this money would be good enough)at least we could tryJean ft lauderdale, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Mar 05 2006
Direct Buy/ucc ripoff San Antonio Texas
High pressure sales tactic, was told you can cancel (although contract does not allow) with 5 days. Long wait time, not told it would be up to 8 weeks plus for shipment plus outragious shipping cost. Prices are not any better then local sales prices at retail stores.Robert Sa Antonio, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: San Antonio, Texas
Mar 11 2008
Direct Buy - Calgary They have my money but I have no product Calgary Alberta
We ordered new bedroom furniture for our 2 children on July 29th 2007. It is March 11, 2008 and we still don't have the furniture. However, they have had our money since July 29th! This is furniture that was advertised in their quarterly magazine/catalogue. Why would you advertise it and single out this product if you couldn't actually get it????Other beefs: - You can't use a credit card (for purchases) at the Calgary location. You can use a credit card to pay the membership fees though....hmmmm. Their response to this is that you can order it through Edmonton's branch (3 hour drive away) but you would have to pick it up there. You can pay with a credit card online - but only for items advertised in their quarterly magazine. The problem with that is that you don't always get to choose specifics (like fabric, paint colour or stain etc.) online. It picks a standard for you then you have to call the branch directly to make any changes to your order. Good luck getting through to anyone or even finding a phone number that will allow you to talk to an actual person.- They only give you an estimate on shipping costs. Chances are good that the costs end up being higher.You'd be surprised at how often the item you want is discontinued, not available or the manufacturer's catalogue is not available.Lesson learned - any high pressure sales pitch that requires you to sign on the spot is NO GOODErin Calgary, AlbertaCanada
Entity: Calgary, Alberta
Apr 11 2008
Direct Buy QUICK SCAM Tinley Park Illinois
After my wife saw a commercial about direct buy and called to inquire, we were invited (practically stalked) to come to a presentation (or shall I say CON-atation). With us in the market for a new home, we figured any opportunity to save money during this time would be great. Well, after attending the presentation and feeling like we made the right decision we chose to go ahead and sign up with them. We took the option of putting money down and then making two other payments later. We were told that we only had 3 days to cancel, but wasn't given enough information to decide in three days if this would be a wise purchase or not. We were also told that we would receive our membership id numbers in the mail in a few days. Then about two weeks later we received id cards that still gave us no access to view any merchandise with the actual prices online. We called and was told that the person in charge of the website was in an open house. There was no one else available who could assist us. Out of all the Direct Buy Reps and locations, there was only one guy to assist us? We then looked up reports on infomercial scams.com and read that we were not the only ones scammed by these clever scam artists. Duhh why didn't we do that before. The three days was up. But we are taking measures to get our initial deposit back and stop any further payments from going to this SCAM. Did I say this was a SCAM?Cj Chicago, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Tinley Park, Illinois
Jun 12 2008
Direct Buy High pressure sales gimmic, No real discount, High cost membership Chantilly Virginia
I went to see a tour of the show room It was really just a place like a time share scheme to occupy your time wear you down with a sales pitch, and promise a bunch of discounts they can't deliver on as claimed. Besides how much savings are you planning on doing to capture your 5k membership back?? plus interest???? To cancel your membership if you fall for this scam send a certified letter promptly explaining your decision and why AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Don't even go to the showroom out of curiosity....they have you cornered and have the tag team sales pitch down and the fake customers acting like they are addicted to the next deal that will impress the jones' next door. Save your time , money and sanity!!!B Front Royal, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Chantilly, Virginia
Jul 28 2012
direct buy hidden upcharges here and you could wait forever anaheim hills, California
Allright, I got SUCKERED in to buying into this club before my husband and I got married. I was 23 years old. I bought in knowing we would be fixing up the house he had just bought. The first thing I didn't like was the high pressure tactics used to sell us on this membership. If something is a good thing, you don't need to sell on the spot and can allow comparison shopping. I got caught up int he pitch because we only had to pay $3500 instead of 5 grand and I just knew we would be doing a ton to the house over the course of the next 10 years. The paperwork they have you sign indicates with couples that if there is a dissolution of marriage, the one who signs on a particular line will control the membership-the salesman told us my husband should sign there, not me-though I was the one paying for the membership and he knew we were only engaged at the time. I felt really peeved and I'm not even a feminist. Irregardless I paid my down payment that night and started my financing. I DID NOT like that within the first month they sold my payments to another agency, but I DID like that the interest was only 2% non adjustable. I can deal with that. I still feel their immediate switch was underhanded though. I joined my club in 2009 right when the market was coming to a complete stand still. My location's hours changed dramatically so I was always confused as to when they would be open. I was told I could order Christmas gifts during their extended holiday hours, but nobody ever mentioned that I would be waiting up to 6 weeks on average for merchandise until after I became a member. In November, ordering Christmas gifts was a total gamble. That sucked. When I did order merchandise they charged Shipping and Handling that seemed very high and was non negotiable... here is the kicker though, it varies in percentage per merchant and in many cases, you still pick up the item from your direct buy's warehouse offsite. I think my biggest issue other than the high shipping and handling which almost or does obliterate your savings is that my Direct buy doesn't inform me if something is on back order, I just get to wait out the entire period of time the item can be expected to arrive and then in a few more days I call their office, maybe get through to someone and after a call back the next day I find out the item has been back ordered. I rarely get an ETA on back orders, in fact I ordered my husband's shoes from them 3 months in advance for our wedding as well as his groom's men's shoes and also the ring bearer's shoes and found out a month later they were back ordered. We weren't given an ETA or told if they were discontinued, we waited another month and a week until we had to cancel and buy shoes somewhere else. I don't think I've ever gotten an item that was back ordered. I have to cancel my orders instead. At least their refund process is quick. Its just sad when I find better prices elsewhere too. I ordered my washer and dryer duo from an online retailer, had no tax or shipping fees and got an insane deal nobody else could beat & received them in 2 weeks from NY! Direct buy DOES have amazing savings on flooring and tile though, through local vendors. I buy all my tile, slate flooring, carpet, wood flooring and so on from them without price shopping anymore because I've researched things and nobody can beat those prices at retail places. I also have purchased some lamps and a few pieces of high end furniture that I feel were affordable for their high quality (solid wood construction, fantastic finish/hardware). But again, the extra shipping and handling is a pain and the usual long wait is so tedious. If you don't intend to spend a ton on big projects right away and you don't want to do a lot of extra footwork, look through endless catalogs without any idea what each one has inside, don't like waiting indefinitely and want good follow through, then don't join. You can get appliances, cabinetry, electronics, windows and some other things cheaper elsewhere and get them sooner.
Entity: anaheim hills, California