DISH NETWORK Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Dish Network

There may be more reports for "Dish Network"

For more results perform a general search for "Dish Network"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Feb 15 2010
DISH NETWORK dish network Crooks, Thiefs, liars, Internet
Up until last week I was a customer for 8 years.  Feb 1 they changed my plan without telling me and nearly doubling my cost.  After being transferred 3 times and put on hold for almost 25 minutes in total,  a supervisor only wanted me to commit to a 2 year plan.  Also they said I was responsible for equipment maintenance even though I am leasing the equipment.  I have been on the same plan for 8 years without any changes.  Now I am being charged $30 to send back the leased equipment even though my plan says they will pay the return cost.  The supervisor just repeats like a parrot that my new plan requires I pay return cost even though I never changed my plan.  What a bunch of crooks.  Stay away from dish.
Entity: , Internet
Nov 19 2001
Do not get Dish Network
I have had Dish Network for approx 6 months. For the first month or so it was fine. Other than a few times of getting no reception during bad weather, it was OK. Recently, for some unknown reason, the reception problem has gotten so bad that watching a show has become impossible. Approx every 10-15 seconds, the screen will go blank and a box will appear that states the signal has been lost. Of course, I called them and one of their technicians walked me through a series of diagnostic tests using the remote...which did nothing to solve the problem. Since then, I have called at least 3 times and gotten the same lack of support. They actually told me that even though I do not get a constant signal for more than 10 seconds, I still have to pay for the service and I'm obligated to do so for 12 months. I asked if they could send someone out to inspect it and was told it will be $119 just to get someone out there. I was even told by someone there to take the receiver to a friend's house that has Dish Network to see if it works for them...doesn't seem like a standard customer service policy to me. I asked how I can terminate my contract...they said by paying us $240. So even though I am paying them for a service, basically it's up to me to fix any problems...what a policy!! After some investigating, I found out that there are local cable companies that offer incentives for switching over to their service. I have since given in and am going to pay the $240 to Dish Network just to end this madness. However, I am receiving $200 in coupons to use for my new cable service. Don't make the same mistake I did...go with cable TV....at least until the science of satellite TV is enhanced....or Dish Network takes a SERIOUS look at their customer service policies!!
Feb 25 2017
Dish network Unauthorized charge Nationwide
 I contacted the Dish network website phone number supplied from web site to become a possible new customer.The rep.that I talked with presented what sounded like a good deal.Going forward with the deal I had made clear understanding that I would not be moving until April so do not charge me until then we'll the next morning I see I was charged $49.95 and I was overdrawn at this point.I called the number with his extension and it rolled back to dish main number and they told me that they had no idea what the ext number was and who that person was and they could not refund me for 3 to 5 days.Asking to talk to a supervisor they put me on hold and hung up.This made me furious and I called 4 more times with the same result.then in a email I have another invoice showing another install response for Comcast.I have been scammed..What a day..Please help me
Feb 20 2008
Dish Network NFL Network Nationwide
Well, after getting me to buy the HD package and the TOP 100 Dish network today decided to make the NFL Netowrk availible on the TOP 200 package (additional $15 per month). They did this with no notice or consideration of the consumer(s) that purchased the package. On their contact phone they have a select 1 for NFL Network they knew what they were doing and just wanted to rip off the consumers again. Not just charge it to new but stick it to the existing. David Tucson, ArizonaU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Sep 26 2007
Dish Network Don't Trust Dish! Pasadena California
Watch out for when you cancel Dish! I decided to switch companies after Dish has started a new policy of flashing pop ups when your account is past due. Now, poor planning on my part when we signed on, but the bill is due the 27th and we always have paid on the 10th from day one which is 2 1/2 yrs and not have had any issues with pop up reminders. I called and told them to cancel our service on Sept 16th, which they did. It is now the 26th, and I am still waiting for my boxes for the receivers which is a total of 3 receivers, they have only sent 2 boxes and I am trying to get a 3rd one. Meanwhile, their automated phone system says they disconnected us for non payment, I had fits about that, and my account is noted we voluntarily disconnected. I get a final bill stating service interupted due to past due oweing. I got 3 calls the first week w/out their service saying if you don't get the boxes in 7 days to let them know, which I have done, customer service is horrible, you can't understand them hardly, then I am told 3 different dates to when the boxes were shipped out. Why is it that they waited 9 days AFTER we disconnected them to ship out boxes? Then today 9/26 I get automated call stating they are have already started the process of charging my credit card for the receivers. How can I send them to them when I have no boxes? I called corporate office 303-723-1000 who put me to the customer service department of the executives. I was told no charges have been put against my debit card. I asked how they can just charge my account when they are not authorized to do so. I was told it is in our contract. What contract? We never signed a contract believe it or not. I do not trust them. So now i have to cancel my debit card so they don't charge me. They pulled the same stunt with some family a couple years ago, and long story short they turned them into collections and they had to fight against it.They apparantly like to stall and everything waiting until the time is right to send the boxes knowing that it can take 7-10 days for them to receive the receivers and by then its too late per contract So my suggestion to you is to never pay on line and go to a local center if possible to pay them or send money orders so they don't try to pull this same stuff on you. Dishstinks central point, OregonU.S.A.
Sep 28 2008
Dish Network Dish Network ripoff in sandwich Englewood Colorado
Recently I canceled my dish network service. When speaking with their customer service I was informed that they will be sending me information in regards to ship back their equipment and to follow the instructions inside the package. Well I sent back the equipment in the alloted time that was allowed for UPS shipping. So you would think that would be the end of it right. No it wasn't three days later Dish Network removed from my checking account $400.00, needless to say I didn't have that kind of money in my account. I contacted the customer service department again and they told me that they were sorry and would credit back my account immediatly. That didn't happen. I contacted them again and was told 3-5 business days, the third time I contacted them it was 5-7 business days. Well needless to say at this time my checking account is overdrawn. When talking to their customer service department they are very unprofessional and you are unable to understand them. With an e-mail to their customer service I had advised them that they had removed the funds from my account and should return them along with all the overdraft fees. Their response was that they will credit my account and it will take 3-5 business days and they are not responsible for the overdraft fees and that per my contract they are ablel to remove the funds from my account. Well I don't have a signed contract with them. I am in the process now of writing every chairman of their company to have my $90.00 returned. I have spoke to several friends of mine and have found that Dish Network is very unprofessional and difficult to work with. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Angry Customer In Sandwich Sandwich, IllinoisU.S.A.
Oct 23 2012
Dish Network Dish Network is a Fraud Internet
Dish Network is a Fraud, or should i say false advertisement.I signed up for dish through a promotion. Promotion starting from $19.99  and up,I signed up for the $39.99 a month with HBO,CENIMAX, SHOWTIME,AND STARZ free for 3months.However every month I'm calling regarding my bill being twice as much.Each customer service person told me something different. When i looked at my bill i was being charged the regular price of$59.99 a month.Every month my bill as been $100 plus.I was told that i was being charged for the equipment every month and for Hd.Things that were suppose to be free and also after the 3months was up they were charging me full price for movie channels that i canceled.Which explain why the bill was never $39.00,and they charge a month ahead of time.Which was not disclosed when signing up. I'm so dissatisfied i can scream because on top of that they lock you in a 2yr agreement so if you try to cancel they would charge $200plus just to cancel.I'm so upset and feel its wrong how they can be so dishonest just to get customers.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Oct 29 2007
Dish Network dish network, satellite, customer service, Nationwide
9/28/07 Opened Dish Network bill and it was $389.44, $300. showed as Equipment Fee 9/28/07 Called Dish Network, spoke with Mark (language barrier) and he said the charge was for a receiver that was replaced in my residence in July. I told him that I did not have possession of this receiver and why was I being charged? Mark hung up on me. 9/28/07 Called Dish Network, spoke with Sidney, and told him that I needed to get my bill straightened out and the previous technician had hung up on me, he apologized. I gave Sidney the Technicians name (Kevin), and Tech # (6144) and he said that he would sent the information to upper management. 10/1/07 Called Dish Network, spoke with Alissia, I explained once again that the $300.00 charge was not mine and the equipment was removed from my residence on 7/14/07 and I needed this matter resolved, she took my cell phone # and said I would receive a call in 24/48 hours. 10/3/07 Called Dish Network, spoke with Jackie, she claimed that she had just started working there and would try to get a hold of a Supervisor, I was put on hold for quite some time, then she got back on the phone and said that she was speaking with a Supervisor and put me on hold again, then the line went dead. 10/3/07 Called Dish Network, spoke with Paula, I again explained the situation, and she said she would add more notes to my account, and to be patient, it may take a few days, she advised me to call back again on Friday 10/5/07. 10/5/07 Called Dish Network, spoke with Amber, I again explained what was going on, and she apologized and promised that a Technician would call me on Saturday 10/6/07. 10/6/07 No Call from Dish Network 10/8/07 Called Dish Network, spoke with Carol, she said that Management notes said that the receiver that I was being charged for was on its way in, and do not charge the customer for the receiver. Carol said she adjusted my account and it would be 24 to 48 hours before it would be approved. 10/10/07 Called Dish Network, spoke with Maria, I needed to check the status of my account and the $300 that they were saying was going to be withdrawn from my account. Maria said that the charges will be reversed and the $300 will not be charged to my account. 10/10/07 Called CFCU, spoke with Sally, I briefly explained my dilemma and she said to stop by a branch and fill out an Amount Dispute Form 10/11/07 Called Dish Network, spoke with Yvette, yet again explained the situation and was getting rather annoyed that this was taking so much of my time and effort. She said that she sees a note on my account that $300 will be applied to my card. I was put on hold for approx. 30 minutes, then she came back on the line and verified that it was removed from my account today (10/11/07) this payment is scheduled to be withdrawn on 10/12/07 10/12/07 Called Dish Network, spoke with Shane, he said that the account still showed that $389.44 was to be withdrawn today. 10/12 & 10/13/07 I watched my account and nothing was withdrawn 10/14/07 - $389.44 was withdrawn from my account by Dish Network 10/15/07 Called Dish Network, and spoke with Michelle, I was NOT happy, I explained that Dish Network has now lied to me countless times and she said that she will correct it, it will be sent to management and it would now take 7 to 10 business days to post to my account. I told Michelle the names and dates of when Dish Network employees also promised me the same, and that I was no longer going to use Dish Network once this matter gets resolved, she said that there was a note on my account from 10/10/07 that the $300 credit was disapproved. I was so furious, that I hung up on them. 10/15/07 Went to CFCU and filled out a Written Statement Under the Penalty of Perjury. 10/15/07 Contacted the NYS Consumer Protection board and filled out a complaint online 10/15/07 Filled out an Online complaint to Dish Network 10/17/07 Received a letter from the NYS Consumer Protection Board, they sent a letter to the Dish Network Dispute Resolution Team 10/24/07 Called Dish Network, and the automated billing said that I have a credit of $258.00, I immediately needed to talk to a person, spoke with Sam, I told her briefly about the situation, she put me on hold while she looked at all the information, then she said that the $258 credit was because they were taking out for the October billing cycle, and I told her that in NO WAY should they be doing that. That was my $300 and I want it back into my account, and that they were not going to be using it to apply it to my account each month, Sam apologized and said that $300 would be put into my account in 3 to 5 business days, I told her that I have already contacted the NYS Consumer Protection Board, and as soon as I was done with this matter, I would be getting rid of Dish Network, she again apologized, I hung up. 10/26/07 Called Dish Network and canceled my automatic payment. 10/29/07 Received a voicemail from Scott at Dish Network, and he said for me to call him in regards to a complaint that I filed with the Consumer Protection Board. I called Scott back at (720) 514-7312 and I explained my exhausted efforts to resolve this matter with Dish Network, and he said that he understood. I made it VERY clear that they need to put the $300 back into my bank account, and that it was very unfair of them to try to apply the money as credit to my account. He said that he would adjust the $258 to $300 and that it would be in my bank account on Friday 11/2/04, and if it was not, then to call him back. I said that I will call back first thing on Monday 11/5/07 if the money is not there. He said that if this caused any type of fees from the bank, and that I could prove it, then Dish Network would cover these charges. I said that there are none that I know of, just that $300 of my money was missing, and that I have spent countless hours trying to resolve a problem that they created. He said that Dish Network will credit my bill for 1 month of free service for my time spent on this matter. Ithacagirl Newfield, New YorkU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Dish Network
Mar 18 2008
Dish Network, Dish Network Nightmare Littleton Colorado
On March 7, 2008, I called Dish Network and scheduled an appointment for new services. The cost was $149. for equipment. The CSR Jonathan was very professional and pleasant. He referred me to the scheduling unit located in Tampa, Florida and that's where the nightmare began. I was given a five-hour window (12:pm to 5:pm) for installation on Friday March 14, 2008. At 2:30pm, I became concerned and called for confirmation. I spoke to customer service and they guaranteed the appointment. The technician never came. I wasted five hours of my valuable time. After speaking to several incompetent representatives from the U.S to Milan, I was ready to cancel the service. On March 16, 2008, I received a call from Dish Network wanting to reschedule the appointment. The appointment was rescheduled for Tuesday, March 18, 2008 (8:00am to 12.00pm). I called mid-morning to confirm, only to be told you don't have an appointment. Enough is enough. I cancelled the service and requested a refund. I am also considering filing a lawsuit for breach of verbal contract. This company sucks! Customer service representatives lied to me repeatedly and some were rude and couldn't speak English. I spoke to several people who have Dish Network and all lodged complaints about service and equipment. Now I will share my horrible experience with any and everyone who will listen. Stay away from Dish Network. Dee Winter Garden, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Littleton, Colorado
Dec 12 2007
Dish Network DISH NETWORK NOT HONORING PROMOTIONS Englewood Colorado
I signed up for their service with the $10.00 off a month HD package and $10.00 a month for programming package for $20.00 off each month for 10 months. I sent in all required material (I have copies) and waited the 12-14 weeks. My bill did not reflect the credit so I contacted them. First mistake. 1) Chatted online in August 07-was told to wait another 12-16 weeks. This is after I already waited this amount of time. 2) Called and spoke with customer service and was told they would take care of it and it would be on the next bill as I should not have to wait the 12-14 weeks again. Credit did not show up on the bill. 3) Called again in Sept 07 and spoke with a supervisor and was told the credit would be on the next bill. Nope 4) Called and spoke with account cancellations in Oct 07. He went through the whole song and dance about keeping me as a customer and of course the $150.00 fee I would incur if I canceled as I was under a 18 month contract. Interesting as I thought I was under no contract when I signed up and in fact my paperwork says nothing about 18months. This time I was promised it would be credited the following day when my new bill came out. Nope. 5) Called again in November. Was told I was given wrong info and that I had to wait a cycle period and that the credits would be on the next bill-Dec. Nope. 6) Dec bill came and still no credit. Chatted-was told that I needed to send in the rebates. NO KIDDING! Where do the chat people come from? 7) I called again-no supervisor would talk to me. Instead I was told that the supervisor would take care of it and that ,he was a good guy and his word is gold! and that the credit would reflect on my bill this last Monday the 10th. I went online on the 13th. Still nothing! To this date I have never seen so much incompetence in a company. This company has told me nothing but lies and nobody at Dish Network appears to care about their customers. I signed up with a promotion of $20.00 a month credit for 10 months. Lie after lie and still nothing from these people. I have been told different stories. I have received misinformation from the chat group which at this point have proven their worth or lack of as it is clear they lack the type of training to deal with customer issues. I have since filed a complaint with the California State Attorneys Office, FTC, and BBB, and will be pursuing all other complaint recourses available to me. Lee Dye Lancaster, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Nov 15 2014
dish network Dish Network, a cheap sucker company Englewood CO
We were not satisfied with Dish Network and switch to its competitor. We paid the amount in full and close our account. However this loser continue bill us for $15. When we refused to pay the illegitimate charge out of the principle, they tried to screw us up by filing false negative report on me to credit bureau. I have excellent credit score and able to dispute Dish Network's nonsense and have credit bureau remove the shit. THIS IS CHEAP, INFERIOR SERVICE EVIL COMPANY. Stay away from them to avoid the trouble!
Entity:
May 15 2005
Dish Network ripoff Internet
I was intersted in getting satetille tv but couldn't dedice which company to go with and then all the sudden I get a phone call from a dishnetwork representative with a great offer that seemed too good to be true. I went ahead with it and I order it. as the representative told me the package offered 4 free resivers two with DVR and 2 regular ones. The channel package was 120 plus starz and the person I talked with ganranteed that my bill would be no higher than $47.50 a month so I was pleased so far. The installation day came and it was all going pretty good until the installation guy told me that they had sent 4 DVR reseivers insted of two FIRST mistake. Before I knew it the guy was gone and two of my tvs didn't even have service, I also didn't have any of the channels the representative had offered me. I called up Dishnetwork and all they had to say is that the guy that offered me that great deal didn't work directly for dish, he was just a certified representative or something and if I wanted to get the exact service he said i would get it would cost me about 75 dollars. Of course I said no cuz I obiously got ripoff so I said please come get all this stuff out of my house. I talked to an account specialist and she told me I was not gonna get charge for anything because it is not my fault that was lied to. But now I found out that they charge my credit card for 150 dollar cancellation fee which I feel is a ripoff because I never got any service and I cleared this all 10 minutes after the installation guy left. I hope this will help me or someone else in any way. Carlos caldwell, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
Sep 17 2005
Dish Network ripoff Alanta Georgia
after being a faithful customer of dish network for six years, i have decided on finding a new satellite service to go with. we had the abc channel for about five years and one day it wasn't there anymore. when i called about it,they told me it had moved out of my area. then i purchased a espn game plan for 19.95.so i could the watch west virginia and maryland game and when we turned it on, it said it was blacked out in our area. so i called them and the represenative said there was nothing they could do and plus i was charged five extra dollars for ordering it. now im stuck having to pay a 25.00 dollar payment for nothing. i dont recommend this satlelite company to anyone. Vickie amigo, West VirginiaU.S.A.
Nov 04 2005
Dish Network ripoff Englewood Nationwide
Okay, they tell you not to put your email address, however I'm not afraid to. Who wants to join me in the fight??? You were brave enough to read, are you brave enough to join the fight against dish network??? Read the one from Crestview,Fl Also do not forget to search the complaints on Dish Network with using the words together Dishnetwork....there is many more. Sandra Crestview, FloridaU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Englewood, California
Aug 19 2004
Dish Network ripoff Englewood Colorado
I am a dissatisfed customer of DN. I switch my provider from Direct TV to SBC using DN equipment. Upon canceling and switching I was told that I did not need to return the equipment it was mine to keep. After a month went by DN withdraw four hundred and fifty dollars and one cent from my checking account without proper notification or letter of mail. I notify DN in regards to this matter and was told if I return their equipment my account would be adjusted. My credit card number and social was given for reference purpose, DN assure me that no money is taken without my consent. I agree to this and found out they are not solid on their foundation of words. My account was budget for expenses and costs now I have a overdraft of insufficient funds($165.00 worth) due to this unexpected withdrawer. Can you tell me how do I get DN to pay for this matter. Katrina Morris Chicago, Illinois Katrina Chicago, IllinoisU.S.A.
Aug 15 2004
Dish Network ripoff Denver Colorado
Everyone says they switched to Dish and are happy. I didn't, and here's why - I can only get DISH where I live, in the Bank Lofts downtown. They told me they would come and install on Monday, Labor Day, between 12:00 and 5:00. They never showed, and then had the nerve to call back and ask if I still wanted it. I told them I'll read a book; I couldn't afford to waste a day off of work for them to not even show up to install. i guess they figure if we have no options we are stuck with them screwing us around from before we even HAVE the service. Brenda Denver, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Denver, Colorado
Mar 16 2004
Dish Network ripoff Pasadena California
Ok let's see where do I start? Well I guess the beginning is the best place. In June of 2002 my husband and I entered a 1 year contract with dish network. We were happy with the service we had received from them, never any problems. Until in May we decided to go back to cable because the price was better. I then called dish network to cancel my service I was then told I had to wait untill june 10 to end our contract, we paid our bill as always and on june 8th my bill ended up late by 10 days. Dish network then turned off my service and charged me a early termination fee. They shut me off and then charged me a fee.... Do you see where in going with this? For a year we paid our bill and two days before my contract was up THEY shut me off permanently. I asked them what I had to do so it didn't reflect as a early termination they said I had to pay the bill in full, a 59.00$ reconnect fee and three months of service upfront.. ok if you do the math that would cost me about the same as the 240.00$ early termination fee. It got to the point where all they wanted was this money from me. They didn't care about the fact it was their screw up and it was going to effect my credit. I will never enter a contract or have anything to do with sattlite again. Dina Taft, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Pasadena, California
Jun 06 2003
Dish Network ripoff Arizona
Dish Network has a policy that they will charge you 39.95 to install a system. If you cancel before they install anything, you will still be charged 20.00 and have a difficult time getting your 19.95 back in a reasonable time. Potential buyers BEWARE!!!BEWARE!!!BEWARE Tmar Anytown, UtahU.S.A.
Jan 24 2002
Dish Network are Rude, Incompetent, Fraudulent Thieves
First problem -- I had Dish Network install equipment in June 2001. The installer said I would get three months of free premium channels because I had four systems installed. I thought what the heck, if it's free I'll take it and cancel after three months when hockey season starts up. The first month I was not charged. The second month, they charged me an extra $40 for all the premium channels. I called the 800 number to straighten it out (thought it would be a simple matter) and got the rudest person I've ever talked to -- until I talked to her supervisor. The supervisor made the other one sound like an angel. She told me that I had already received the service and I would be charged for it and that's it. She would not even listen wen I explained that I never requested these channels and there was nothing on my contract that even said I was receiving them. I asked what would prevent them from adding other services I didn't want and she HUNG UP ON ME!! I tried several times to get another supervisor and failed. I emailed their customer care line and received a response that there was nothing that could be done and that the charges would stand. Long story short, I filed a complaint with the Michigan Attorney General's office and the BBB. The AG office contacted Dish Network within 3 weeks after which Dish Network's head of customer care called me and asked what they could do to resolve the problem. I explained that all I wanted from the start was a credit for what was by now 2 months charges for service I did not request or want. She grudgingly agreed to do that and that problem was solved. Would have taken 10 seconds in the first place -- MORONS. Next problem -- hockey season starts and I realize that I can't get two of the channels that are important to me (local channels, UPN and a Canadian channel). This is entirely an oversight by me when I signed up and not the fault of Dish Network. So, I call them and tell them I want to back out of my contract and that I will gradly(?) pay the $240 that is in my contract for early termination. They bill my charge card for the $240 and send boxes via UPS and I return the equipment the same day (11/19/01). I track the shipment on UPS' website and see they signed for it on 11/26/01 -- about 7 days after I shipped them. A week later on 12/3/01 they debited my checking account without my knowledge or permission for $420 for equipment. Once again, I try to reason with the numbskulls in the customer service department and get nowhere. They're rude, clueless and don't even try or know how to help. I finally got hold of a thinking human and she connects me with the right department. The guy at their equipment return department agrees that I should not have been charged, says he would be upset as well and tells me I should get the money back in 5-7 business days via electronic transfer (the same way it was withdrawn). Again, the money doesn't appear so I call back and am told that the refund department is very backed up. Figures, people with half a brain are stampeding to get away from these imbiciles. Finally, I get an email saying that I have been approved for a refund and I should get it in a few days. In the meantime, I've filed another complaint with the Michigan Attorney General. This is THEFT and FRAUD and they know it. I, too, would be happy to join a class action lawsuit against this turd of a company. Even my cable installer, who used to work for them, said that it's commonly known in that industry that Dish Network rips people off left and right. After reading the posts on this website and others, I have to believe there are a whole lot of people who would join in. If anyone emails me I will keep them posted on the results of my complaint with the AG. Email me Good luck to the rest of you and thanks for listening. Dave Noble Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Dish Network
Jan 23 2002
Dish Network, Bank account thievery
I had singed up with Dish network for a deal to where we didn't have to buy the equipment you rent everything and just pay a monthly price for the service, all I had to pay is installation and $99.00 for a second converter. Well they ended up after the first month taking $399.00 + from my bank account for the purchase of the equipment which caused us to bounce almost every check that we had written out for the month, my wife contacted the company they admitted to their mistake and they credited back the money to our account and covered the checks and bank fees. A couple of weeks later they took all the money back with out notice,we bounced checks again, we called them back and spoke to someone totally different, she had stated that we signed up for a different package plan and they weren't responsible for all the bank charges we aquired, after a year of fighting with this company I have yet to talk to the same person twice, or to not hear that person doesn't work here or we can't track someone down without an operator number, but non of them will give you an operator number, 1 girl gave me an operator number, someone else said it was a bogus number. This company has cost me so much money and has taken so much money from me, I probably have paid for at least 7 Dish systems, It is just amazing how some company can just take complete control of you and just about ruin you! Gary Aliquippa PA Dish Network Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Dish Network
Jul 30 2002
Dish Network ripoff Littleton Colorado
I recently contacted Dish Network Corporate about one of their customer service agents calling me a f***ing bitch. I was told by Mark 19Y that he would do everything he could to find out who it was that i spoke with, but because i had used my cell phone he could not guarantee this. He asked why i had called and i told him that i wanted to know if i could pay my bill at the end of the month. He stated that he would allow me to pay it on the 31st of July. I called on the 26th of July 2002 and asked the customer service rep why i was getting a disconnect message on the tv.. She stated that that was a warning and that she saw in the notes that i had until the 31st of July 2002. That was it. I woke up on the 30th of July 2002 and found they had disconnected my service. When I called dish, i spoke with Brenda 929 who was very rude and nasty.. She stated that there were no notes from Mark about delayed billing for me, just htat they had taken care of the employee who had called me the above. I called back and spoke to another supervisor and she stated that the only notes that she had in my account was that i had tried to used credit card auto pay on the 26th of JUly. I explained that i had NEVER done this because on the day in question i was at work. When i demanded an investigation into my account and deleting of information she got very rude. We have had problems with Dish Network from the very beginning. We are out several thousand dollars due to improperly installed service. YOu are literally at their mercy because you invest alot of money with them and if you leave, you may as well throw your money out the window. Charlie chat is a joke. They will only let you talk to him if you are going to say something nice. The government needs to step in an do something about this company. Why as consumers are we required to put up with name calling , bad attitudes and outragious lies. DO NO GET DISH NETWORK NO MATTER WHAT THEY OFFER YOU... THEY LIE AND DECEIVE PEOPLE. DO MAKE THE MISTAKE THAT I HAVE MADE Nancy Holden, Maine
Entity: littleton, Colorado
Jan 10 2003
DISH NETWORK Incompetent Customer Service Nationwide
This is my first dealing with Dish Network , and by reading other complaints it looks like the fun is about to start. I have had my system for about 1 year and paid for annual subscription . I received a renewal statement in the mail the other day and questioned about not receiving a discount of 100.00 dollars right off the top for paying anually . I base this on what i was told when i bought the system and what is shown on my purchase statement . I called customer service , explained what my question was , and was put on hold while they researched my account . When the rep returned he told me he talked to his supervisor and said they would issue a rebate check . Rebate check??? I told him i would like to speek to his supervisor and i was put on hold again . Guess what happened next . Click Beep Beep Beep. I called back and was very pissed off by then . You know how the story goes , you can never talk to the previous rep , and there is no record of your previous call . Now this rep tells me that the rebate was a one time thing , and there is no such thing as a rebate check . I questioned him about this supervisor rebate check thing and he had no answers . How Strange ???? I reluctantly paid my bill . Here is the best part . While this is going on i started to loose my satellite signal. Gone. I am an electronic tech so i found the pboblem , intermitent lnb . Now i get to call customer service again and see how my in warrantee system gets fixed . Wish me luck . Tim MINATARE, NebraskaU.S.A.
Aug 14 2001
Dish Network Organized Con Artists
August 8, 2001 To Any Person Thinking of Purchasing a Dish Network Dish System, DON'T. . . . I am not a customer of theirs and look what they did to me! In March of 2000, they deducted, $298.00, $298.00, $200.00, $100.00, $1.00, and $1.00 for a grand total of $898.00 out of my checking account, UNAUTHORIZED. It caused numerous checks to balance. I called the company and asked them why they did this, but they could not talk to me because, I did not have an account with them. Which was exactly my point. Why in the hell would they take out this money, if I did not have an account with them. I had to report my card stolen, got to my bank several times, and talk to many inept people from Dish Network, who assured me that this would be taken care of. My wonderful bank, issued me a provisional credit, disputed the charges, we won that battle and my money was returned to my account, thanks to my bank, but my bank had to eat several hundreds of dollars in service charges. Just when I thought this was all over, on 7/28/01, I went to take my daughter out to lunch, when to my surprise, my bank account was negative $577.00, where DISH NETWORK had again. . . . withdrew $802.37 out of my account. I immediately went to the bank, the bank was shocked that this had happened AGAIN. After talking to two people at the bank and doing some research, Dish Network had tried to run the card thru 5 times all five times it was denied because the card was reported stolen. On the 6th time they used a bogus authorization number to remove the money fraudulently out of my account. Now I have been speaking to their attorney Steve Novac at 303-723-1616, who assures me that my bank is at fault, and they are totally innocent in this whole matter, and basically at this point they have taken no action to compensate me for anything. Including another $600.00 or more at this point in service charges that my bank as incurred for me. But in the mean time, my bank is the only ones who have done anything to help me. Dish Network has beat around the bush, and myself and my bank have documentation that Dish Network has agreed in the past to issue my funds back to me. Also another employee of Dish Network, in front of witnesses, agreed to take care of all of the service charges. I also have e mails from yet another Dish Network representative stating that they would mail me a check. I have received nothing from these people but heart burn and total disruption of my finances and life for the last 6 months. $898.00 may not seem like a lot of money to some, but I am a single mother trying to survive, and it does not help when you have con artists such as Dish Network ripping you off. I don't have a Dish, I don't even have cable! I would love to sue the pants off of these people, and after doing some research, I may not be alone. I have been doing some research, the Better Business Bureau, does not have a favorable rating for Dish Network for reasons of. . . Guess. . . . Billing Issues and Refunds??? go figure. Also there is a web site called ScrewedCentral.com where people can vent their complaints. . .Dish has a few listed there also, and these people leave their e mail addresses so you can contact them regarding their experiences. Let's band together. If you have had a bad experience with Dish Network and would like to start a class action suite. . . Please send me your name, address, and phone number. I will contact you and we will chat! You can e mail me at badubet@yahoo.com. Thank you for your time! Jennifer Browning P.S. Check out ScrewedCentral.com and squeakywheel.com. . . . see other complaints against Dish Network. Also contact Better Business Bureau in Denver Colorado.
Entity: Denver, Colorado
24, Report #2080
Apr 16 2000
Dish Network Satellite
I purchase a Satellite from Dish Network who sent sub contractors out to do the work. They sold me the equipmwnt with thw Dish Network logo on the paper. I also bought a 4 year warranty. Dish Network will not honor the warrenty because they got a out on the situation. Since they sub contract the job out they don not have to honor the warrranty. They left me with a hold in the side of my home that I can put my hand out to the ouside. A hold in our bedroom that u can see downstairs. They did send in the pass, people out to fix the equipment which they knew nothing about. They never fix my walls and now after hundreds of calls they said they just sent these other guys out to do some work on a customer curresty call which they told me 8 times it would have been $119.00 each time. So here I am out of money for warranty work and $2800.00 in useless equipment that do not work and a house with holes. Be careful because they told me if I palanned to sue them that this thing about sub contractors was their out. I tried to told to the owner of the company, Charlie Ergen, and was told he had no number to be reach or e-mail and that he would say the same thing. I have all the paper work where they came out and Dish network says they have no reports in my file. I think my paperwork tells the truth. Thank You PS: PLEASE WATCH OUT BUYING SA SATELLITE!
Oct 13 2006
DISH Network ripoff Atlanta Georgia
DISH has lied to me from the very beginning of service. They have not provided what they said they would. Upon cancellation of the service they debited my checking account for $1,000.00 saying they had authorization (which they did not) to charge me until they received their receivers back in the mail. Candace Victoria, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia