DRIVE FINANCIAL Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Drive Financial

There may be more reports for "Drive Financial"

For more results perform a general search for "Drive Financial"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Aug 30 2012
Drive Financial/Santander Santander Consumer Misplaced maypents, Internet
We have a jeep cherokee leased through Drive Financial/Santander Consumer.  Back in May my jeep was reposessed for what they said was lack of payment for March and April. In order to gain posession of my vehicle back, I had to western union the company 1800 dollars, which supposibly would catch the payment up.  In the meantime, I knew I had not missed March and Aprils payment, it was just a matter of finding the money order recipts.  Thank goodness, I found them. I had the money orders traced and wow, they had actually cashed them.  When I called, they said yes, they did cash and they accidentally applied my payment to someone else's account.  ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!? I was charged a 370 dollar repo fee from Drive/ Santander, had to get a loan for the 1800 dollars that I had to pay before I could get my jeep back, and the tow company charged me 215 dollars..  So when I called to find out where my 1800 dollars had went they said to February March and April.  I told them that we had figured out the payment issue with March and April and they had falsly repoed my jeep.  They then went on to say that they didn't repo the jeep due to March and Aprils payment being misplaced it was repoed because January's payment wasn't made. So to make this long long long story short, they falsy reposessed my jeep. Which in the long run cost me awhole lot of money considering the interest on the 1800 dollar I had to get, the 370 dollar repo fee and the 215 dollar tow bill....so, they agree to credit my account the 370 dollars and the 215 dollars which would have brought my balance to a POSTIVIE 4 dollars...I said screw the 4 dollars send me my title.... Two weeks later after they agreed to credit my account and bring to a paid off status, they still hadn't processed anything and were saying my pay off was still 500 something dollars.  I told them, I give you 72 hours to get my title in the Mail.  So this is now Thursday night, the title was supposibly put in the mail Tuesday....I will give them til monday...I hate this company and am so ready to receive my title and be finished with the run arouns.
Entity: , Internet
Jul 21 2008
DRIVE FINANCIAL SERVICES DRIVE FINANCIAL SERVICES will NOT release my account!! Dallas Texas
I received a sub prime loan at Toyota of Lewisville who financed me at Drive Financial Services. I have never been late more than 30 days but they show my account 1 time over 30 because I made a payment online a couple of years ago and it would not take the one payment, but required 2 payments. I called Drive Financial and they told me to STOP payment on the check already sent and make the 2 payments. I did just that. Because I did what they said by stopping payment, my account cannot be paid by check because I stopped the payment at their request. Also, I sent a certified letter several months to have them call me so we could update some info including not to call my cell phone anymore but they could call after 2p at my job. They continue to call, harass me on my job and on my cell. They get me so mad I just start going off on them. They intentially are mean and vile to me. Everybody I have spoken to seems to treat me with anger and deceit. I cannot believe the Attorney General allows them to do business in Texas. I havent even been able to make an online payment at all. They have taken my checks over the phone several times but they claim they have not. I needed to make a payment tonight and I called, got some punk named Jessie and he was a real smart Ass. He has obviously not had any respect taught him and I want to find him really bad so I can see what type of person does this. I want a call from someone that can help me edit my file. They have miss typed and miss spelled some things. I have 2 more years to pay on this and I need a better way to communicate with them. Help! Keith Plano, TexasU.S.A.
Apr 25 2007
DRIVE FINANCIAL Count Me In On Lawsiut! Drive Financial is a RIP OFF!! Dallas Texas
I HAVE BEEN WITH DRIVE FINANCIAL FOR TWO YEARS NOW. I HAVE MADE PAYMENTS AND THE AMOUNT THAT WAS FINANCED WHEN I GOT THE CAR WAS 12,499.00, THAT WAS IN FEBRUARY OF 2005. MY CURRENT BALANCE IS 12,403.OO. OUT OF THESE TWO YEARS I HAVE MADE 22 PAYMENTS, AND THEY ARE TELLING ME THAT I HAVE ONLY MADE 96.00 TOWARDS MY BALANCE. I CAN'T GET A STATEMENT OF WHERE ALL OF MY PAYMENTS HAVE BEEN APPLIED TO. I HAVE BEEN SPOKEN TO RUDELY, I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO DO WANT EVER IT TAKES TO MAKE MY PAYMENTS EVEN IF THAT MEANS ME GETTING EVICTED. THEY CALL ALL TIMES OF THE DAY AND NIGHT, SOMETIMES EVERY 10 MINUTES. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE. I WOULD LIKE TO BE APART OF THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. PLEASE SOMEONE CONTACT ME AND LET ME KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO! Renee Hampton, GeorgiaU.S.A.
May 13 2004
Drive Financial ripoff Repo Man tells all on dealerships and drive financial Kansas City Texas
Repo man tells police about the shady practices of several dealerships that use drive financial. Police have started an investigation on these dealerships and drive financial and have stated that all information will be turned over to the attorney general and county attorneys for charges to be filed. Tom cleveland, MissouriU.S.A.
Oct 03 2003
Drive Financial Drive Services ripoff and very deceptive practices Dallas Texas
I have had a car financed with Drive Financial for four years. Yesterday I just got out from under them. I have reported them to the Federal Trade Comm. I believe if they were reported more the might finally get shut down. They do lie to you, and violate every harrassment law the FTC has. I'll make it easy for you the # is 1-877-FTC-HELP (382-4357). The adress is Federal Trade Commission CRC-240 Washington, D.C. 20580. If enough people do this they be shut down . Dawn dallas, TexasU.S.A.
Jan 04 2008
Drive Financial Dallas Tx. Breach of Contract by Drive Financial? Dallas Texas
Before I start I just want to say that I understand that there is a high intrest payment on my loan, I knew that when I signed the contract. I also understand that I will be paying on the intrest more money than what I am paying for the actual car. Now here is where everything goes kinda Blahhh. On June 2nd of 2007 I got an email saying that I could get financed on a new car, and seeings that I have very poor credit and in desperate need of a dependable car I jumped in. I have issues with the dealership that sold me the car because I feel that the worker there took advantage of me because he saw the word sucker plastered on my head, but that is a different topic. My main issue is with Drive Financial. My intrest is 24.9% over 5 years with a monthly payment of 422.00 a month. So I will be paying 30,000 for a 15000 dollar car by the end of my contract. I was told by the dealership that I can refinance after a year for a lower intrest and possibly lower car payment. When I spoke to a rep with Drive financial I was told they do not refinance. So I was mislead there. I told the rep that 422 dollars was a lot of money to come out of one paycheck so would it be possible to split my payment so that I am paying half of the payment bi-weekly, and I was told that I could do that. So I paid a months payment then called Drive two weeks later and was ready to make my first half payment and it was then that I was told that they do not accept half payments that will go towards the principle. They will take that money and put it towards the intrest but I still have to pay the full monthly amount of 422 each month. I was also told that if I have a due date of the 2nd of each month that even if they recieve the check on the 2nd of each month, I am still charged a daily intrest fee of 10.40 because it takes 5-7 days to process the check. Well just because someone does not want to get up and go the the bank does not mean that I should have to pay for them being lazy plain and simple. I make sure that my bank send out my payment so that it is recieved before or on the due date, so I should not have to pay any daily intrest fees. I was told that there are two ways I can avoid those daily intrest fees. One is doing a check, or debit card over the phone, but that is an additional 10.95 per transaction, or I can allow Drive to automatically deduct the payments out of my account each month. Well I do not know about you guys, but I do not want anyone having access to my checking account except me and maybe my wife (depending on if she lets me buy what I want :) ) I do not know the laws in Texas but I do know that here in Cleveland Ohio that is illegal for them to charge daily intrest fees when they have recieved my payment, just because they do not deposit it right away. When trying to dispute that with them, it resulted in them hanging up on me Now here is what REALLY gets me steamed. I was told that each day my payment is late I am charged 10.40 per day for each day that my payment is late. I am also charged an additional 10.40 if my payment is more than 30 days late which means that depending on how many days are in a certain month I can owe over 320 just in intrest alone for one month. Something about that did not seem right so I decided to look at the contract that I signed with the dealership, and on my contract it states that if my payment is MORE than 10 days late I am charged either $15 or %5 percent whichever is greater. Nowhere does it state what Drive mentioned to me. When I called Drive and explained that to them, the lady on the other end told me to hold on so that she could look at my contract. She came back and few minutes later and here is what she said. Unfortunatly the daily service charge is not in your contract, but that is something that Drive Financial does When I tried to dispute it with her and inform her that you can not have me pay something that I was not informed about, or that is not in my contract, the phone call somehow got disconnected. Now granted if you want to avoid the late charges then you need to make your paymenrs on time, but at least in my situation, my credit is bad and so I am high risk to begin with. Trust me I want to pay for this car because I want to rebuild my credit, but Drive knew I was high risk that is why I am paying 24.9 percent intrest. But trust me on this, had I known about the daily intrest fees, I would of walked to work and saved 400 dollars a month till I could afford to but a junker for a few grand. I have come across some rude reps, but I think what really gets me upset is the lack of knowledge the workers have. I am told so many different things by so many different employees, and none of them equal what I was told by the previous rep. But the one thing every single one of them gets correct is When can we expect payment, and how to hang up the phone when you want to dispute something with them. So whoever wants to do the class action lawsuit count me in. I do not know how you can reach me, but at least through here we can keep in contact. Thank You Roger Roger Cleveland-Strongsville, OhioU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Drive Financial
Jan 09 2008
Drive Financial, Drive Financial Messed Up My Bank Account Dallas Texas
In December of 2007, I called Drive Financial to change the due date of my autopay draft that reoccurs every month from my bank on the 2nd. I requested that the date be changed to the 25th of every month, as my rent check comes out around the 1st of every month and I cannot afford both my rent and car payment at the same time of month. The associate then changed my monthly due date to the 25th of every month. On the evening of Saturday, January 5th, 2008, I checked my online banking account and saw that Drive Financial had still autodrafted my car payment of $263.28 from my account on January 2nd. This caused my bank account to be overdrawn and immediately, a $36.50 charge was assessed. I had some other ACH payments that would be coming out and knew that those, too, would be assessed overdraft fees. I tried to call Drive Financial right away but they had already closed and no one would be available until Monday. I did, however, send an email to Drive's customer service explaining my situation, but figured no one would be around to read it until Monday. On Sunday, 1/6/07, I called my bank and spoke with a rep. He was very helpful and told me that if Drive refunded the $263.28 then my bank would also reverse every overdraft fee that occurred due to Drive's negligence. Around 9:00am on 1/7/08, I called Drive Financial and spoke with a Customer Service Associate (CSA), Deann*. I explained the situation and requested a supervisor right away. She put me on hold and after holding for about 8 minutes, I was disconnected. This, of course, did not make me happy. I called back again at about 10:30 and this time talked to a CSA named Sandra*. Sandra transferred me to a supervisor, Irene*. I had to explain my situation again to Irene, and she told me that if I faxed in a refund request to accounting, they could issue me a refund. I asked if I could just speak with the department myself and she said that was not possible and all she had was a fax number for them. So, I faxed them my bank statement, along with my refund request. Irene told me it takes 3-5 days for a refund to occur but stated she would put a rush on it for me, as I have no money in my bank account. I immediately faxed the request to the Accounting department at Drive and received confirmation from my fax machine that it transmitted OK. I called my bank back, to again clarify that if Drive refunded the payment then my bank would reverse the overdraft fees that occur. I spoke with a bank rep, and she did indeed confirm this. Today, 1/8/08, I called Drive again to make sure that they are on the ball with processing my refund request. I spoke with a CSA, Karen*, and told her I would like to talk to Accounting to make sure they got my fax and were taking care of my request. She did not seem to know anything of my situation, as there were apparently no notes in their system about my issue. Furthermore, she said, Accounting was only accessible by fax and I could not talk to them and neither could she. I then requested that my autodrafts each month be cancelled, as I did not want this to happen again. She said that I had to fax my request in writing at least 30 days in advance before my next autodraft. Fuming, I hung up. But I was not satisfied with this recent conversation and decided to do some web research about Drive Financial. To my dismay, I came across many unhappy reviews of customers of Drive Financial. This disturbed me. Even more worried about Drive's customer policies and procedures, I called them back, determined to mine more info about my case and why they made such a bad error with my payment. I reached Deann, whom I had spoken with on 1/7/08. I again demanded a supervisor and she transferred me right away, to Irene again. I told Irene that Karen had no notes in the system about my issue and Irene seemed confused. She had all the information in front of her, so why Karen didn't was beyond me, and Irene, too, apparently. However, I politely insisted on speaking with Accounting, and like Karen, Irene told me that the department was only accessible by fax. I stated that they can't possibly be inaccessible. Were there guards blocking the department with a stone wall around it? She said to try calling back in a couple more days to see if there was an update from Accounting in the system regarding a refund for me. I asked that she herself try to reach them and find out for me if my fax was at least received. She said that she wasn't sure and that the call volume was pretty high and that I would most likely have to wait awhile. I told her that was fine I didn't mind the hold time. She muttered something under her breath, to which I'm not sure what it was, and put me on hold for about 20 minutes. The conversation that follows next was so upsetting that it was what fueled my decision to file a dispute against Drive's auto payment and thus form this site.A woman picked up the line and asked if she could help me. I said Hello .is this Accounting? The woman said that no, it was not. I was confused I thought Irene transferred me to Accounting, I said, and the woman said that she was a supervisor, at my request. Hmm.I had thought Irene was a supervisor, but anyways.. I explained my situation to this new woman, who called herself Ms. Johnson*. When I explained that I wanted Accounting to refund me for Drive's error, she got very condescending with me. She said that it was my job to change my autodraft date with Drive apparently online. She said that although my due date for my payment was changed to the 25th, it was my responsibility to also make sure the autodraft date was changed to the 25th. I explained that I thought that was taken care of in December when I called to have my date changed. She said that just because my due date changed doesn't mean the autodraft date changed to the 25thit can't change itself! she remarked. I told her that in December, the CSA whom I had spoken with should've let me know that the autopay date had to be changed its an automatic assumption that when you change your due date, that's when the payment will be deducted from your bank! She claimed that it was in no way Drive's fault that I didn't realize this. She said I needed to go online and fix it myself. So, with Ms. Johnson on the phone, I went into Drive's website, went into my account and searched all over for the section where I change my autopay date. It was not to be found. I kept telling her this, and she kept telling me well, it should be on there! And, it wasn't. Finally, Ms. Johnson must have believed me that it wasn't on there, so she put me on hold. When she got back on the phone, she told me again that it wasn't Drive's fault and not to be sarcastic, ma'am, but it really is your fault. I proceeded to argue with her that Drive's CSA should've have told me that the autodraft needed to be changed as well. Why else would I change my due date?? There's no point in changing it to the 25th and still having it deducted on the 2nd!! That's not going to help me out in any way! I said that someone there must be capable of changing it in their system over the phone for me. Ms. Johnson said that no one at Drive Financial can change my autodraft date except for me online. She insisted to fax in a request to change my autodraft date, which is odd, because I had thought that no one there could do it for me (since she just told me that it could only be done online!). I also requested again that my autodrafts be stopped and she said to fax that in, too. She also said that Drive will not issue me a refund and that they will also not be paying any of my overdraft fees, as it was my fault in the first place. I yelled, so Drive is not going to be paying any of my overdraft fees, either? to which she raised her voice, and in a very exasperated tone and stated no! I was very upset, as Irene had assured me that I could get a refund. As we still continued to argue, I hung up on her eventually. By this time, I was in tears. I calledmy bank, yet again, and spoke with a very nice rep. I told him the whole scenario. He said that he would get a dispute started for me and also informed me that I would be getting at least four more overdraft charges. He said that a dispute won't happen right away and that it would take some time. He faxed me a dispute form for me to sign and made sure I attached a document showing my monthly due date for Drive when I faxed it back. I tried one last time to talk to a competent person at Drive. I went to their website, went into my account, and clicked on Online Chat. An associate named Carla* chatted with me, and what was curious was that Carla told me that she wasn't so sure I would even have access to change my autodraft date online, which was the opposite of what Ms. Johnson told me. With Carla's help, I was actually able to discontinue my autodrafts with Drive so that this does not happen again. However, the issue with a refund and my loss of money is still in progress. *Name has been changed for privacy Anonymous Anonymous, OregonU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Drive Financial
Jan 18 2008
Drive Financial Services Drive Financial Criminal Dallas Texas
I have been a customer of Drive Financial Services since April, 2003 (that gives you an idea of how much money I have given them). Now I'm at the end and the balance on my vehicle is $4,660.92 after 45 payments. This is ridiculous. I have just made my June, 2008 payment and only have 5 more payments through November, 2008. If I'm ahead on my payments why do I owe so much still. When I called the lovely Drive Customer Service I got a lot of double talk and you don't understand, until the woman finally hung up on me. I have paid long and hard and enough is enough. I know I don't owe $4,660.92 and I'm not going to pay it. What everyone on this site and who visits and reads these reports on Drive needs to do is take them to Small claims court for starters. Lawyers are very expensive and Small claims court cost filing and serving fees. If enough people bring this to Judges attention the over abundance of fees and interest and illegal tactics Drives uses something can be done. If Small Claims doesn't work then pay a lawyer it cann't cost much more than what Drive rips you off for. I sent a letter to the President on December 11 with no response to date and I don't expect he will respond. Why should he they are getting away with treating subprime lenders this way. We may have been subprime lenders but we work hard for our money and deserve to be treated fair and equitable. I intend to take Drive to Small Claims Court and to file a report with the Better Business Bureau in Baltmore; but I have no intention on paying them $4,660.92 they will get $1,770.55 which is the balance of 5 payments I owe them. I want the title to my car and if they don't give it to me I will file Small claims papers against them and if that doesn't work I will pay an attorney. I believe Drive is also somehow teamed up with Wells Fargo and they are being investigated in Baltimore for illegal subprime lending tactics. The small people can make a difference wright letters and lobby your Mayor's, local Delegates, and Congressman. If enough people speak up about Drive maybe something can be done or they can be put out of business. I understand people with credit issues want a company that will take a risk but this is beyond a risk. Drive is criminal! Please if there is a lawyer reading this report take this case as a Class Action lawsuit....Please! Debbie Baltimore, MarylandU.S.A.
Jan 23 2008
Drive Financial Drive Financial miss posted my payment Dallas, Texas
I made my payment as usual, always sent it certified mail. Well this time they miss posted my payment for the wrong amount. No big deal right? Wrong, this payment was made in August of 2007 and now it is January 08 and they still have not fixed the miss processed payment. They ran the payment for only half the amount, my bank notified them that the check was wrongly processed and then made the corrections. Drive Financial kept billing me for the difference and after talking to them they kept telling me that the check (for half the amount) was sent back NSF. I am a Bank Manager ok and I told them that it was a payment that was possessed wrong and for the wrong amount and that all the monies have come out of my account, the total payment was made. I then proceeded to fax them a dozen times over the next months the bank information that clearly shows the error and the correction that was made and showing all the money that had come out of my account. They keep saying that they never received the fax. I faxed it to every number they gave me, at least eight different numbers. So I sent it certified mail and they signed for it on December thirteenth. Today I got a final notice in the mail for intent to repo my car because they refuse to correct this error that they did. The repo amount is for; get this, $200.00 on a Thirty thousand dollar car that I have made every payment on time. In talking to them they told me that they started working in the information I had mailed to them on January 11th. I was a bit upset by this because I had sent this stuff a month earlier and they are just now working on it. Seeing the information they still won't call off the dogs. They are trying to get me to double pay and they keep reporting the messed up payment to the credit company. My payment is 517 and for 200 bucks they want to repo my car!!! Dealing with these people have been a nightmare, they are rude, insulting and keep telling me my check for 517 was NSF for 200!?!? How can that be I asked them and they call me ignorant. You can't partially cash a check. I have sent them clear proof of this issue and they are not interested in fixing it. I need help!! So add me to this class action. They are the worst so I am going to refi with a different company just so I don't ever have to deal with them. Blake Saint Louis, MissouriU.S.A.
May 05 2009
Drive Financial DRIVE CALLS EVERY NUMBER ON MY ACCT EVERY THIRTY MINUTES. DALLAS Texas
I HAVE BEEN IN BUISNESS THIS COMPANY SINCE JULY OF 2007 BOUGHT A VEHICLE 2005 DODGE STRATUS. I HAVE BEEN PAIN ON MY VEHICLE FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS AND MY BALANCE HAS DROPPED LIKE 500.00 MAYBE. I WAS BEHIND 3 MONTHS GOT ALL CAUGHT UP SO I THOUGHT TILL NOW THEY ARE SAYING I OWE MORE THEN WHAT I WAS AWARE OF. I PAID A HUGE PAYMENT OF 1256.00 AND NONE OF THAT MONEY WENT TO MY PRINCIPAL IT ALL WENT TO INTEREST. THEY CALL EVERY NUMBER ON MY ACCT EVERY THIRTY MINUTES. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. I HAVE TRIED TALKING TO THIER CSR AND THEY DONT KNOW SHIT EITHER. THEY ARE RUDE AND ACT LIKE I AM STUPID. I WANT IN ON A LAW SUIT THIS COMPANY IS NOT REAL AND I DONT KNOW HOW THEY ARE ABLE TO DO BUISNESS LIKE THIS. HOW DO I GET IN ON A SUIT??? Darlene_14 Colorado Springs, ColoradoU.S.A.
Jun 23 2009
Drive Financial Drive Financial Are Liars, and Thiefs Dallas Texas
I had quite a few issues with Drive Financial, I once had an agent call and tell me for the current month my car payment was $20.00 Cheaper because I had paid over a few months, so I put exactly the amount the agent informed me in my checking account, and Drive tried to take the full amount out, which made my account overdraft, and they offered nothing to try to assist me with the account they messed up. September 2008 the engine in my Infiniti QX4, and the mechanic I took it to, told me one price, then charged me something totally different, I contacted Drive and explained that a mechanic had charged me more to repair my vehicle, Drive stated they would pay the dealer for the vehicle, and add the rest to my auto loan, I agreed to this, because this seemed like a great way to get my car back, well after they did this, Drive informed me that my car was in repo status, and I would have to pay what the dealer was charging me, and a month in advance on my car note, which was a total $2500.00 which I could not afford, now I received a bill after my car had been auctioned off, the remaining balance is $7,000.00 Sjones134 Hampton, VirginiaU.S.A.
Mar 30 2009
Drive Financial, Drive Financial called my husband's work so much it got him fired.. Dallas, Texas Pennsylvania
We financed a car through Drive Financial in 2007 and it has been a nightmare. We fell behind due to our daughter having special needs. They called my husbands work so much it actually got him fired. They call my house about fifteen times a day and try to be coy and block out the number. They have told me that they can call whenever they want. When I told them I could send them what I could they told me to sell something in my house, or go give PLASMA!! Could you even imagine? I have paid on this car for two years and the balance has not gone down at all. I have told them I am willing to let them come and repo the car and the man said I couldn't yet. I've had to shut my house phone off because they call so much, they call my mother's phone looking for me, she had to change her number, I'm just at my wits end. If there is a class-action lawsuit I would love to be involved. I can't take the harassment anymore, I'm at the end of my rope dealing with these people. Please help. Sam HAMLIN, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Pennsylvania
Oct 24 2008
Drive Financial Richardard Tomlinson Houston Attorney filed class action 2006 against Drive Financial Dallas Texas
How is non of the Texans here know about the class action filed by Tonlinson law firm in Houston? It was filed in 2006. Just typed in class action lawsuits against Drive Financial & up it popped. We should all be so lucky to have one already started. And isn't it strange that none of the Drive agents have mentioned this????? L F North Little Rock, ArkansasU.S.A.
89, Report #197226
Jun 19 2006
Drive Financial ripoff Dallas Texas
I have nothing nice to say about drive at all the are very rude. I called to get my due date changed and the girl on the phone at drive told me it would not be a problem to chage it to the 25 of the month but when i called them back to make sure it had been done the other lady told me it was no record of me trying to get it changed and that i could not change it for that day any way they only could go until 5 days after the due date. This company has no idea what customer satisfaction is. Also i am paying twice of what my vehicle is worth. It would seem like since they are already riping you off they should do what ever to make the clients happy. I will be interested in suing the heck out of these people. I was a day late because my due date fell on a weekend and they were already calling me before i could go and pay it and then said i owed them 20.00 dollars because i was two days late. I really got a bad deal all the way with this vehicle the car dealer was shady and the finance company is too. To all the consumers in the world beware and do your home work on the car dealer as well as the finance company. Latonya tarrant, AlabamaU.S.A.
Mar 23 2005
Drive Financial Services ripoff! Drive has done some weird things to me, too. Dallas Texas
i hate struggling with drive also. since april 2004, i had been asking for a statement of my account. i just received it in an email yesterday. they have called me and told me i was late on my payments and added some extra fees... i was actually ahead by a month, which should have been wrong because i was paying an extra 20.00 towards principle and they hadn't applied it there. they have even applied .59 to my principle payment and the other 212.00 to interest. i have been yelled at, misdirected to some fax number which noone answers, and they had listed two different accounts on my credit reports. they claim to system upgrades this phrase is a lie. they had me spend 5.00 to fax a letter to some bogus fax number to remove the incorrect information and also to reapply my payments correctly. i am sick and tired of calling them only to answer the same questions over and over again. they HAVE to be doing illegal stuff to charge the interest rates they do...compounded daily. class action needs to come in affect somewhere for this business to get a grip. i have even been hung up on by some kid. Christine florissant, MissouriU.S.A.
Oct 18 2005
Drive Financial don't take a loan with Drive, take the bus! It's less hassle. Ripoff Dallas Texas
I too wish to be a part of the class action lawsuit, I know exactly what everyone is talking about. None of it is made up or exaggerated, it's all true. Please count me in. Lu ann Chicago, IllinoisU.S.A.
Mar 03 2008
Drive Financial Drive is no good for anything except lieing Dallas Texas
Please include mr if there is a lawsuit. I have been with drive for 2 years now and have had nothing but horrible service from them. You never get the same person twice when you call and if you ask for a so calles supervisor you get the guy the next phone over I am sure. I was trying to better myself and save my home from forclosure so I declared bankruptcy well the case was dismissed by the courts due to some numbers not working for the bank, well drive came and repossed my car with not so much as a letter or phone cal asking if I wanted to bring the account current. I would have been glad to pay them as it was my lawyers suggestion to add them to the case. They have told me they could not contact me because of being in bankruptcy, but if the case was dismissed then I was no longer in bankruptcy and they should of called. They one thing that really pi**es me off is they sent the repo company to my wifes place of employment and snatched the vehicle from there, leaving her embrassed and having to answer everyones questions, not really knowing what was happing herself. I then get a letter saying I can pay 400 dollars and reinstate my contract so I call them only to hear I have been lied to again and I hav to pay 4000 dollars. The excuse this time was the letter is computer generated and they can do nothing about it, I told em turn the computer off then and honor what thier company mails out. But they just enjoy ruining lives I guess Keith Ellenton, FloridaU.S.A.
Oct 01 2007
Drive Financial Someone Please Send Drive Agents a copy of the FDCPA laws!! Dallas Texas
I work both sides of the industry and can tell you I have never been talked to like I was talked to by a rep at drive. I worked at GMAC who is very conservative and does not ever talk down to their customers. I am a single mother and have found myself having to use a sub-prime lender due to credit issues. For the person stating fix your credit and you wont have to deal with scum like Drive, I hope you never go through a difficult time in your life so that you have to eat those words. I am not going to make excuses I am an adult and in trying to face my mistakes I contacted drive to let them know that I was in a situation where I needed to send a payment the next day and then again another one within a 2 week time frame. Mind you, I am a skip agent and work for several repossession companies, I know the laws very well and am aware that I am in the wrong and do not treat the customers I speak with aggressively or disrespectfully, I just make them aware of the laws in Texas and what would be the outcome if they did not make payment or arrangements. Drive is not at all using the laws of Texas. I spoke to a rep who yelled at me at least 10 times where is the truck without even taking a breath, she then asked me if I was ashamed of myself for not making a payment. I have a message on my voicemail (which by the way they are not allowed to leave a message on unless it spacifically states your name on the voice mail message that you create, and mine does not) her message was horrible!! I then asked her why was she talking to me that way, and reminded her it is against the law to say what she was saying. The rep would not stop screaming so I had to disconnect the call. I got home, looked up the company leaders, sent an email asking someone to call and listen to my voicemail message that their agent sent. I then received another call from another agent asking if I wanted a courtesy program to get me caught up on my delinquent balance. I told the agent of the last agents manner which she admitted was not right, and that my vehicle was not in repossession status for her to even request the truck. Where do they get these employees? Do they not train them the laws of collection before giving them a phone and a persons personal information? We should know what kind of person is looking at our social security numbers and drivers license numbers...I will let you know why after I am done with contacting an attorney on this case because I know what kind of people they are, I have an inside scoop just exactly what kind of people they are giving our information to and you will not like what I know. Michelle Fort Worth, TexasU.S.A.
Jan 03 2008
Santander Consumer USA AKA Drive DRIVE FINANCIAL- NO Ending Nightmare Arlington Dallas Texas
I have been with Drive Financial since July 2007. Since my credit is no good they were the only one which financed my car. BIG MISTAKE. I have made payment to them since that time, not always on time the first of the month.... I can believe that this company costantly harrasses you by phone on your job, during holidays (I am not kidding also Xmas Evening I got a phone call) Sundays and most of everything you must speak to some MONKEY who they do not even know how to pronounce your name. If you make a payment through their web site they charge you to send money to them (convenience fee). IT IS A RIP OFF and I am thinking to tell them to take a hike. DO NOT FINANCE from them as they are a bunch of thieves, but most of all incompetent idiots. Francesco Belleville, New JerseyU.S.A.
Apr 15 2008
Drive Financial Services drive is a rip off Dalles Texas
After reading all these letters I am so sick. I to am and have been a victum of this company. I lost my job and after months of trying to get stuff back together I to was harrased at home all hrs of the night. After getting caught up with payments I requested a deferment which they did grant. But not with out finding out that they had lost my payment, found it then reversed my payment and never gave me credit for it. Ater a few months of fighting with them and contacting all superviors that I could. I finally got the answers that I needed. Please stop these people and there poor treatment to people and low class clowns that run this company. I'm in for the class action, Place, time. and fax number Lets get them and show them that consumers have rights too! Iris San Diego, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Dalles, Texas
Jul 10 2003
Drive Financial harrassed us by phone till we felt abused & mistreated Dallas Texas
Anyone who has had to deal with this company knows what an absolute nightmare they are. My loan payments were not posted to my account properly and Drive was not willing to explain anything to me. They would call my husband at work when our payment was not there 1 day after its due date. They would call him 5 to 7 times in one day at work, then leave approx. 4-5 messages at our home that same day. They will call and call until you have just lost it !! They will say they are coming to get your car when its not even late ! One employee of Drive even threaten to come kick my husbands ass when my husband yelled at him for calling and harassing us. After a year of abuse I finally contacted the better buisness bureau. Boy, I wish I had thought of that sooner. I received a letter and a correct break down of my payment and have not received one phone call since ! The better buisness bureau handled this quickly and I was very impressed. Drive Financial needs to be put out of buisness for the abuse and improperly posting payments on accounts. BE CAREFUL AND DEMAND BETTER SERVICE !!! Tina Bay Area, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jun 24 2008
Drive Financial Services unauthorized credit card payment Dallas Texas
I have a auto loan through Drive Financial and I was to phone a payment in to the office. Although Drive prohibits their employees from post dating credit card payments he processed a payment anyway. When I spoke with the representative a few days earlier we agreed that I would be calling in a payment on June 20th, I received a e-mail stating that a payment had been processed and I never spoke with the representative on that day and never authorized that card to be debited because I was not going to pay with that card at all. The representative acknowledge that the payment should not have been debited but managers suggested that they could not reverse the charges. As a result of this transaction I was unable to make my mortgage payment. Erika denver, ColoradoU.S.A.
Apr 11 2007
Drive Financial Services ripoff Debit my account with out authorization Dallas Texas
My wife financed her auto thru Drive financial and became behind on her payment. The account was 30 days behind and the next payment was behind about 13 days. Upon a call by Drive Financial to her on or about the 15th of March demanding payment or repossession my wife referred the call to me as I had agreed to try and help her to bring the account current. I told the rep on the phone that I expected a fairly large check in a week or so and I would gladly pay all payments due. Of course this was not good enough and they had to have a payment now. I said well I can't make a payment now but I get paid Friday I guess I could pay you out of my regular check putting off one of my own bills until I got the large check I expected. She then said okay fine when can you make this months payment due. I told her that I shouldn't have any problem paying that by the 30th but if there were a problem, should I not received the check I expected I would call them. At this point the lady ask me for my account information to do a draft of my account on Friday for the payment we agreed on. I hesitated because I do not like giving personal information and had intended just going on line to make the payment but then agreed to the draft. That Friday I did not get the large check I expected and went on line late in the day to check my bank account and see if the draft had been made. It had not. I thought... Mmm oh well, maybe they'll take it out Monday. Monday morning I obtained the check I had been waiting on went directly to the bank and cashed it and then deposited the cash into my account. I came home went on line to see if the draft had been placed by Drive Financial. It had not.. Decided to go on line to their web site and make the one additional payment that was due knowing that the draft would take place that I agreed to for Friday in the next day or so. When I went on line to make the one remaining payment due as I hit the send payment button it came back and said we are unable to accept payment both payments must be made. I thought to my self well I guess they have not done the draft yet or It would allow me to just make the one payment. I had the money now for both payments so I just figured I want to clear this up so I made 2 payments on line at that time. I continued to check my bank account over the next day or so to see if the payment posted and about 2 days later I had a e-draft of 1,102.00 which was 2 payments I thought okay they got it felt the relief of it being taken care of and thought nothing more about it. Then on the 30th of March I go to make a with draw at my bank to pay workers for yard work at my home and my account only has a few dollars in it. I think what is this ***## I rush home and check my account on line and they have drafted my account again not just one payment but two in the amount of another 1,102.00!!! Every dime I had to my name!! And I have about 10 checks out for bills paid out of that money. I phone Drive Financial first thing Monday morning and explain to them that they have made a mistake and placed a draft twice on my account and this amount was not only not authorized it was not even due. They tell me to fax a copy of my bank account so they can verify that the drafts were made and that if they were I would be refunded the draft and any bounce check fees with in 72 hours. I said I did not have any bounce check fees at this point but that they needed to refund the money today or I would. The response was I'm sorry sir but this is first come first serve we have others that were before you. If we have debited your account twice we will refund the overpayment with in 72 hrs. Three days went by.. Can you guess? Right no payment.. I call wait on hold 30 min someone comes back and states I'm sorry sir but that account is under review.. I said yes that's what the 72 hrs were for please put the money back in my account. Their response. Call back tomorrow and we will have a decision... Decision?!!? I sent you the bank statement no decision refund my money!!! Sorry sir you'll have to call back tomorrow.. The next day same thing fax us the bank statement.. I DID!! We'll have to review and get back to you... You Reviewed!! Give me my money!!! Hold please... Few min go by.. Sorry sir we have decided that the transaction was authorized and no refund will be given.. THE PAYMENTS AREN'T EVEN DUE!!! SEND ME MY MONEY!! No sir sorry... So now after calling day after day and telling the same story of events and how they took place finally I get to speak to a manager Mr. Graham Anderson.. He states and I Quote Yes, Sir I have listen to your problem and although the fault lies with you.. You were just trying to be a responsible, nice guy.. and paying us the late payments so I am going to refund the two overpayments.. I ask how long will it take.. He says I will get that taken care of this after noon and once its done the money will be in your account very quickly. That after noon.. 5:00 no money .... Next morning, afternoon.. no money... I call back I need to speak with Mr. Anderson.. Sorry sir he's in a meeting for the rest of the afternoon... I need to speak to someone now!!! Sorry sir call back tomorrow.. Call back next day... Sorry sir he's not at his desk... Sorry sir sorry sir... ETC>>>> Finally another Manager comes on the line.. Okay you spoke to Mr. Anderson.. Okay let me check... Sorry Sir we have decided you will not be refunded the draft it was authorized!!! I can sit here and tell you that I have never dealt with a company so arrogant, full of lies, cheats, as these people! I have good credit.. I allowed my Wife to purchase this car because she wanted it she had had some problems in the past and I figured it would help her reestablish her credit.. At 25% interest she will pay for this car 3 times before its paid off!! I was going to let her pay on it for a year to establish a history and then refinance it. I can tell you this... Even if it means they come and get the thing I will never pay Drive another cent... If my wife can pay the payments fine she is still unemployed basically and going to school I can tell you she won't be able.. The car is in her name I had nothing to do with the purchase.. I would have helped her to keep up the payments had this not happened but on principle alone I will not pay them another red cent!!! Their loss!! She already has bad credit.. I intend to report them to the better business, Alabama Attorney Gen. Consumer fraud and any one else who will listen.. If I had it my way they will never do business in this state again. The take advantage of the ones who can afford it the least by charging outrageous interest rates knowing that if someone say has bad credit or needs a car to get a job etc they will pay it! After they screw you on the loan they will continue to do so thru out the loan.. There is a special place for people like these little onesOne day they will fin Robert Pell City, AlabamaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Drive Financial
Jul 07 2007
Drive Financial Service ripoff Simple interest loans Dallas Texas
I would like to first say that i truly understand where all of your complaints come from. Drive has made my life a living nightmare. I would never have agreed to this dealership if I had known what they were like. First most or all of us that are dealing with them are on what they call a simple interest loan, which seems to mean that we pay our interest first, and not what we actually borrowed. So that means that they can put the money towards the interest first. Fair, no i don't think so because the car dealership that i went to never explained that to me. I also researched that on simple interest loans there is no deferment, so when they tell they can, they really do not have to defer any part of your loan. Where we all are having the problem is that drive uses predatory lending practices, which means they are going to say and do whatever is necessary to get you financed. Did you all know that we have the right to ask the dealership what our credit score is before we sign a piece of paper, did you know that the dealerships can get you a lower rate, but the higher the rate, the more the dealeships will make off of the consumer. Us which means that we as consumers need to read more carefully what we sign, and who finances us. The term is called the BUY RATE, that what we as consumers must ask our dealers to give to us in writing,and yes this is our right as a consumer. Buy rate is what we need so that we can go somewhere else to find financing, because our ratings were not as bad as we may have thought, but know your score when go in so they cannot make a fool out us anymore. There will probably never be a civil lawsuit, but we can become more informed of what we as consumers must do. The lawsuit thing has spreaded around since 2006, and nothing has been done. I want us to make a difference by calling dealerships and letting them know that Drive is using predatory lending practices, we will tell other consumers not to buy cars at your dealership, word of mouth can do wonders, thats how our fore fathers and mothers achieved such break throughs. So if you tell one person and so on and so on, after awhile Drive feel the affect, that without consumers, you have no business. And we will have the last laugh. Yolanda Birmingham, AlabamaU.S.A.
Mar 28 2007
Drive Financial Services ripoff Fraudulent Billing Horrid customer service Extortion artists liars Dallas Texas
(this was the first letter to the BBB.) I requested to participate in the Drive Auto Pay plan. Accoridng to their website the auto pay was established on 3/1/07. I contacted customer service on 3/16/07 to ensure that the auto pay would be taking my payment. I was informed that I was not set up for auto pay and was forced to make a payment via phone. (confirmation #1439423) A representative from their collections department at extension 1570 by the name of Avery handled this payment and stated that if any problems arose to call and ask for her extension. On 3/20/07 two payments in the amount of $544.38 each were taken from my checking account. I called customer service, attempted to be transferred to Avery @ extension 1570 and was told that they could not transfer calls regardless of the situation. The first representative that I spoke with told me that she was a manager and that it was my fault that two payments had been made and then I was hung up on. I called back and spoke to several other people when finally another customer service manager (foreign name - not understood) advised me to fax a copy of my bank statement to 1-800-417-0510 so that they knew for sure that two payments were in fact taken from my account while the entire time and every representative that I spoke was already informing me that two payments had been made. I was informed that once they received my fax (which is not to be directed to anyone specifically), and the account is reviewed that the extra $544.38 payment will be returned to my account within 24 hours of completion of the review. I was not given any length of time that the review would take and was told that I would not be notified as to when the monies would be returned to my account. This is a large sum of money to have to live without when there are children, groceries, additional bills that need to be taken care of while they are reviewing my account which they already know has received two payments on 3/20/07 when there should have only been one payment taken from my account. (this is the second letter to the BBB) I issued a stop payment for one of the $544.38 amounts deducted from my bank account. The fee for this was $20.00. I spoke with Drive Financial at approximately 6:30pm 3/20/07 and informed them of the stop payment. I was told that I did not have to spend my hard earned money to issue that stop payment as they were now ready to correct their mistake. They were, however, not interested in crediting me the $20.00 I had to spend to fix their problem. It is a rather irrational request for them to return my $20.00 but I would certainly appreciate their business receiving a full investigation. Thank you for your time. (this is the third letter to the BBB) I spoke to a representative from Drive Financial at approximately 6:30 pm on 3/20/07. I informed this person that I had gone ahead and issued a stop payment for the payment in question and that this process cost me an additional $20.00. I was informed at this point that they were more than willing to refund the money immediatly, but since I had already issued the stop payment that would not be neccesary. The representative asked if there was anything else that they could do since I had fixed the payment problem on my own. I informed him that I wanted the $20.00 credited to my account or returned to me. He stated that this was something that he could not do unless I had outstanding fees on my account. Because this was only my second payment to this company and both payments have been in full and on time there were no fees to credit to my account. I told him that he could not do anything to help me because he chose not to and ended the phone call. After checking with my bank I have found out that both of the payments for $544.38 were returned to my account. That means that the payment that I issued the stop payment on was returned as well as the payment that Drive Financial was supposed to receive. I will not be held responsible for them returning the payment. If there are any fees or any repercussions because of them messing up yet again, I will not pay them and I will fight them for every cent. The highest person in their company needs to contact me to receive the payment that they returned before April 17, 2007 (this person needs to speak clear English in order to handle the matter without a language barrier) or I will take it as fact that they returned the payment as an attempt to rectify good standing with me as their customer. (this is the generic response from Josh Miller) We would like to express our apologies for any inconvenience this matter may have caused. Our records reflect that the payment was refunded to Mr. Yocum on 03/20/07. (what a typical corporate answer) here is the information for some people who would like the information for Josh Miller. if everyone calls him directly maybe something will happen. if nothing happens, i hope this company goes down like Enron. i would laugh the entire time while watching the trial. NAME: Drive Financial Services BBB MEMBER: YES CONTACT: Mr. Joshua Miller ADDRESS: 8585 N Stemmons Frwy Suite 1100 Dallas, TX 75247 PHONE: 214 634-1110 FAX: 800 417-0251 Website: www.drivefinancial.com Jason Chillicothe, OhioU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Drive Financial

Showing 76-100 | Showing Page 4 of 2,575