DRIVETIME Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: DriveTime

There may be more reports for "DriveTime"

For more results perform a general search for "DriveTime"

Showing 76-100 of 536 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "DriveTime"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jul 21 2016
Oct 05 2015
Drivetime Sold me a car with a bad transmission Morrow Georgia
I purchased a vehcle from drivetime less than 60 days ago. I should've known better when they sold me a vehicle with the tire pressure light on. Ever since then its been down hill. The vehicle had a nail in two of the tires I had to pay to have it plugged. I heard a sqeaking noise coming from it when I drove they said it was some type of shift something took it to their in network shop after i got the car back it was still making the noise, this was within the first five days. A few days after that both headlights went out. Two or three weeks later I was two hours away from home and my vehicle begin to struggle when it was time to accelerate and it wouldnt go in reverse at all. I make it home getting off the interstate stop at the light my car won't go forward. Byt this time I'm like my transmission is gone. I called them Monday morning tell them whats going on I had to go off on the warranty company and the drivetime customer service, might I add that is not customer service. By this time I was out of my 30 days and this is how they get you. They knowinlgy sell messed up cars knowing it will last long enough to get past the return period and the first thirty days so they can hit you with a deductible. I told them they can come get their car then. I finally spoke with someone who was willing to waive the deductible and they reimburse the towing but only up to $75, mine was $104. This is a really crappy comapny and aeverex is just as bad. My thoughts were to take it to the news and I should've I can't wait until I can get out of this death sentence with them.
Oct 09 2015
Drivetime Corporate Lies & unauthorized tows Phoenix Arizona
I purchased my vehicle from Dr time in May of 2015 within a month I've had to replace battery twice and the alternator. My problem still consists when I still had a dead battery. However after a day of getting the alternator fixed my car was still having a hard time starting up in each morning it would act like a dead battery for the past month orl so. I've had to using use cables to jump start my vehicle every day which was very inconvenient I almost lost my job for this because I didn't know when my car would want to work. I got so frustrated with a problem that has his purchases vehicle that it was messing up on me and I was having to do all these repairs so soon. Call Drivetime corporate and they asked me to take it to a in network facility which I did and they said they diagnosed the problem and that they would repair it and they would on the doll somewhere to get restarted and that I would have it by 2 days from now well few days past and I still don't have my vehicle had no word on what was going on so I used to my GPS to see where it was and I figured it out and called the new facility where it was now being held and they told me the previous Sylheti messed up on those repairs and that should not have been repaired because the problem still persist on having a dead battery. They ask for a few more days of diagnostic which I have to get the approval from Dr time I'm corporate and apparently they approved it after they did approve those hours the new dealership did find what was going on and called back with the total of repairs cost and what parts but at that point corporate he used to want to help me anymore and decided to have an unauthorized toe to a different facility that I was unaware of. I contacted Dr time and ask why they would otherwise I told that I had no idea about when the facility that have the vehicle knew what was going on and what needed to be done but yet they wanted to take it out of the facility and take it somewhere else to get more diagnostic to see what was going on when I told them there along with the new facility telling them that they know what was going on they were very rude and did not want to hear me out they immediately told me that if I did not get them off of speaker that they would in the phone call and just hang up on me they couldn't give me a estimate or total to help me get the problem fixed because the dealership that it was currently at was an out-of-network facility when in fact they were the ones who approved it to go there .At this point I'm very frustrated and almost in tears not understanding why these people would lie to me in front of the facility that had my vehicle .Corporate stated the facility never calied with that information. But the facility was right there with me to catch them in a lie. They were immediately angry & eventually hung up on me. I need this company to be exposed. They are a scam.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Apr 14 2016
DriveTime not care Charlotte North Carolina
i purchased a vehicle from Drivetime and withgin the first 2 weeks of having the vehicle there were so many issues so they had me bring it in to pep boys and first the battery was bad then one mount was cracked and there was a rattling noise coming from the engine when told about it the mechanis said sometimes we have to wait for it to get worse in order to fix it now it is much worse and i still have to pay and the help throughout this whole process has been a complete nightmare now i am regretting dealing with a company that just cares  about the sale and not the customer.
Entity: Charlotte, North Carolina
Nov 21 2016
Drivetime Bridgecrest Upside Down Rip Off Lexington, Ky Nationwide
 Drivetime sold me car, monthly payments $400/month. I lost job, now making 50% of previous salary. Asked them if I could lower payments they refused. I owe $10,000, other finance company said car blue books for $2000. No one will refinance upside down car. Drivetime said only solution is to repossess.
Jun 11 2017
DriveTime Wasted my time Saint Louis Missouri
 I've emailed back and forth with the customer service department at Drivetime for the past week or two. The lady I emailed with encouraged me to contact my local drivetime and that they would get me in a vehicle. Given the local drivetime is an hour and a half away, I was leery of just showing up to find that things wouldn't go well. I called the local drivetime and explained my situation. He said to bring my info and my wife's info up there and we could get a minivan or SUV using both of our info. I was concerned since she had just purchased her car from drivetime in February so I was surprised that she could qualify for another car again so soon but he said it would be fine and we needed a van so we made the trek up there today. We had to get a special babysitter since my son has special needs; it's a big deal. We get there and apparently I had called another local location because they didn't know what I was talking about with regards to my info and such. The man who helped us was nice though and looked into it all. He said no, my wife couldn't be on a new loan at all since it had only been a few months. Okay. Then he said he couldn't count the adoption subsidy of over $1600 a month that we receive because it comes in my name and my wife's name. I explained that they didn't use that towards her income when she bought her car but I guess that didn't matter. He did tell me I could do a lease vehicle and there were two I could pick from. They weren't at his location but at another local location about 45 minutes away. He had me and my wife go with another employee up to the other location to pickup one of the two vehicles. To say they were in rough condition would be a gross understatement. The first vehicle smelled...bad. The door handles in the backseat had been chewed up from what I'm assuming was a dog. The seats were stained, the headliner was stained, the exterior looked like it had been beaten and scraped up. To top it off, it made a horrible beeping noise when we tried to leave with it which caused us to have to stay while someone figured it out. We looked at the other lease vehicle and while it initially looked okay, it too was stained up and somehow was missing the center console lid amongst other issues. I couldn't see paying the over $12K asked for either vehicle so we had to make the long 45 minute trip back to the original location with no vehicle. The original salesman was busy so we stood there for a few minutes thinking the manager (I assume that's who he is) that sat there watching us would offer some sort of apology for the condition of the vehicles but instead nobody said a word to us. I'm assuming there's a lesson to be learned here somehow but I don't know what it is yet. I paid over $80 for a special babysitter; spent most of my day going to, from and all over town, and left feeling embarrassed and stupid for having tried to buy a vehicle. That's not exactly the experience I had hoped for.
Entity: Saint Louis, Missouri
Mar 03 2008
DriveTime I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND DRIVETIME TO THE DEVIL Stone Mountain Georgia
WOW...AFTER READING ALL OF THE OTHER COMMENTS ABOUT THIS COMPANY I SEE THAT IM NOT ALONE....DRIVETIME..IS A RIPOFF I BOUGHT A 28,884: 2001 HONDA ACCORD ON 10/22/06 AND THE PAY-OFF DATE IS SUPPOSED TO BE JUNE 20011......WHEN I GOT THE CAR THE FIRST DAY I DROVE OFF THE LOT IT RAN FINE FOR ABOUT A WEEK. THEN I WAS DRIVING FROM WORK ONE EVENING MY CAR STARTED JERKING WHEN THE SPEED GOT OVER 60 MPH. I CALLED DRIVETIME AND EXPLAINED WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH THE CAR....THEY WERE NEGATIVE-HAPPY, RUDE, AND QUICKLY TOLD ME THAT THEY NO LONGER SERVICE CARS...AND..THEY OUT SOURCED THERE AUTO REPAIRS TO PRIVET CONTRACTORS....AND THEN THEY GAVE ME EARL'S NUMBER AND TOLD ME TO CALL HIM....LOL...HELL TO THE NAW...EARL... AINT FIXING SHIT ON MY CAR...SO UPSET I HADNT EVAN MADE MY FIRST PAYMENT...YET ALREADY CAR PROBLEMS!!!!!SO I WENT TO THE WEB FOUND MY LOCAL HONDA DEALER AND TOOK MY CAR THERE...THE GUY AT HONDA WAS WONDERFUL, HELPFUL, AND HONEST....THEY DID A DIAGNOSTIC...AND THE REPORT READ THE TRANSMISSON WAS OUT....I WANTED TO SCREAM, CRY AND CHOKE SOME ONE UNTIL...HE INFORMED ME THAT THEY WERE DOING A RECALL ON ALL TRANSMISSIONS IN ANY HONDAS BUILT FROM 2000-2004...AND THAT THE REPAIR...IS GOING TO BE FREE....PRAISE GOD..I HAVE MADE ALL OF MY PAYMENTS BI-WEEKLY...SOMETIMES LATE...AND THEY GO CRAZY WHEN IT'S LATE...CALLING ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY EMBARSSING ME!!!!TELLING THEM MY CAR PAYMENT IS LATE AND WOULD THEY MAKE A PAYMENT...THE POINT IS DONT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY MY SITUATION IS OKAY NOW....BUT IF U CAN AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM BY ALL MEANS DO THEY ARE A NEW AND OLD KIND OF EVIL WORSE THAN THE DEVIL HIMSELF AND ALL OF HIS SPAWN..THEY ARE GREEDY FILTHY SNAKES....AND WILL BE TAKEN DOWN....VERY..VERY,VERY,SOON!!!!!TO ALL OFF THOSE THAT ARE VICTIMS TO THIS CRUDE AND INHUMAN COMPANY MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU...U WILL INDEED GET THE VEHICLE FOR THE RIGHT PRICE AND WILL RUN LIKE ITS SUPPOSE TOO...THANKS FOR YOUR TIME Michelle Lawrenceville, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Stone Mountain, Georgia
Jul 23 2008
Drivetime Aka Ugly Duckling RIPPED OFF BY DRIVETIME Mesa Arizona
TO ALL VICTIMS OF DRIVETIME; TO SEE THAT DRIVETIME GETS THEIR BUSINESS LICENSE TAKEN, FILE A COMPLAINT WITH YOUR STATE CORPORATIONS DIVISION. FOR EXAMPLE, IN THE STATE OF OHIO, CONTACT THE OHIO CORPORATIONS DIVISION AND ASK THEM HOW DO YOU FILE A COMPLAINT. MY CASE: MY CAR WAS UNDER WARRANTY AND DRIVETIME SUPPLIED A DEFECTIVE PART TO BE PLACED IN MY CAR, WHICH CAUSED MY CAR TO RUN HOT AND BECOME UNDRIVABLE. MY CAR HAD TO BE IN THE SHOP FOR A WHOLE WEEK. i HAD TO PAY FOR A RENTAL CAR FOR A WHOLE WEEK SO THAT I CAN GO TO WORK. WHEN MY CAR BROKE DOWN, I HADN'T EVEN MADE IT TO PICK UP MY DAUGHTER FROM DAYCARE, WHO CHARGED ME EXTRA FEES FOR NOT PICKING HER UP ON TIME. THE REASON THAT I DIDN'T PICK HER UP ON TIME WAS BECAUSE MY CAR BROKE DOWN FROM DRIVETIME SUPPLYING A DEFECTIVE PART FOR MY CAR. I ALSO MISSED TIME FROM WORK DUE TO LACK OF TRANSPORTATION. I REQUESTED TO BE REIMBURSED FOR THE ENTIRE COST THAT I PAID OUT, I SPENT NEARLY $500 FOR THE RENTAL CAR, EXTRA DAYCARE COSTS, MISSED TIME FROM WORK AND IT WAS DRIVETIME'S FAULT AND THEY ONLY REIMBURSED ME $184. THIS PLACE NEEDS TO HAVE THIER BUSINESS LICENSE TAKEN! THANKS. Pat Atlanta, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Mesa, Arizona
Jan 11 2008
DRIVETIME DRIVETIME..BIGGEST CAR CROOKS IN USA!! SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Drivetime is the worse place to buy at auto. I also bought one and if I was one day late on the payment they harrassed me, my family(references) and job too!..I gave them back the auto current on payments with a promise they would not make me pay the balance. They lied! Now it is on my credit. I wish someone would ruin their credit...THEY ARE BIG TIME CROOKS AND SHOULD BE SHUTDOWN ALL OVER THE US!!!. I also believe what former employees say about them, THEY ARE CROOKS and only in it for themselves! Upper management that is!!!!! NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM DRIVETIME OR YOU TOO WILL BE HARRASSED CONSTANTLY!!!! Lotsaliarsintx Somewhere in Tx, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: SAN ANTONIO,, Texas
Dec 22 2007
Drivetime, Ugly Duckling don't ever ever go to drivetime Arizona
i too have so many problems with drivetime. i new my payments would be expensive but they were a lot more then i thought, but i was young and naive and excited about getting my 2001 gmc jimmy. i took it for a nice drive and noticed ow my gas is going by fast, i had a half a tank drove about 50 miles and my gas light came on. i then put about 5 more gallons in my truck and again i got bad gas mileage. i called drivetime and they said to bring it in i had to call out of work to get this fixed because i have a certain time to bring it in. they said i had no problems and the car is fine. but of course still having the gas problems. i called again and told me to take it in again this time o my day off still said no problems. i have had the truck for 1 1/2 years and i cannot say how disappointed i am in this company. so my truck gets about 10 miles to the gallon on the highway. i new it was going to be not so great but i had no idea i was getting a lemon. then my hatch stops working, and my windows dont roll down, my headlight stop working and then start working. my breaks are bad and roders are bad with no warning. the day i got my truck i was giving only insurance to cover the vehicle on their part not realizing that paying 160.00 bucks a month for thinking is was full coverage cause they said that is what i need. i got in a tiny accident that was not my fault and i got a letter saying the would suspend my license because of no liability insurance. so it was suspended. i then get a ticket for driving with a suspended license because i had to work to pay these high payments so i am paying for that. the other week i paid a payment and the took 2 extra payments out of this one payment. i told them that was not autorized and i want my money back and the overdrafted charges paid for and they said they well not do it because it was my fault. i told them i did not authorize it and they said they dont care and hung up on me. still nothing has been done and it has been 2 weeks. i told them i dont want the car anymore and they said thats fine bring it in and they played the whole your credit is going to be bad and we well garnish your wages. i am going to give them the car back because i am sick of them and i am not paying for a truck that i can not drive. so i really hope they dont take my money. i heard it is illegal. if anyone knows please let me know what they actually can do. i love in california. my email is 80lutz@gmail.com my point is no matter the situation do not buy from DRIVETIME if you notice even m people who are satisfied with their customer service, they still got a lemon! Adrianna arcadia, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Arizona
86, Report #292098
Dec 17 2007
DRIVETIME DRIVETIME LIED ABOUT WARRANTY, THEN BLAMED ENGINE PROBLEM ON CUSTOMER TUCSON Arizona
thought i was going in drivetime to buy a good car on may 02 2007.the car was a 03 mitsubishi outlander.salesmans name is rick sudderth.started to test drive the car,turned on the a/c and it was blowing hot air....but once the car was moving it cooled off.the salesman was riding with us,and said that it was how they made that the car...every stop that we made heat blow...questioned the salesman once again,he said that it was not a big issue because if something was wrong drivetime would send it to their people and fix the problem...yeah right!!!!! so we signed the paperwork,and off we drove with this car that we thought we would have for a very long time...date:05/09/07 noticed that the car was leaking large drops of oil,and that the a/c still was acting up.looked under the car and oil and trans fluid was all over.5/10/07 took the car to ideal mistsubishi to have the car checked,this was one of the places that drivetime said that we could go.got a call that afternoon stating that we had two recalls and that the oil filter was the wrong size...and that the engine mounts were very lose,and the car was pulling to the left.this dealership performed a a/c check,had to realigned and ballance shaft,replaced missing bolts and wire looms.also they said that the a/c should be good now...this was billed to drivetime...05/16/07had to take car back to dealership due to a/c still blowing heat..we are in arizona mined you. they said that they don't understand what problem is,and why it's blowing heat...they performed a a/c service and said hopefully this will do the job.once again we drove off in this car...yes,still blowing hot air...06/01/07 had to go back to the dealership for the same reason.they check a/c again and found bad wire connection...they fixed the wiring problem and said the a/c opperated best on level 3....the cars a/c should work on all levels....i'm in the army and was moving being stationed in california.so we packed up and rolled out,with the car still not working in good condition...drove the car to cali,than it starts running hot and coolant spraying all over...stopped driving the car because it was over heating...the next day 07/16/07 took it to bakersfield mitsubishi call drivetime the night and informed them they said that they would have to get with that dealership to find out the staus of the car....well somehow after drivetime calls the dealer they call us back saying that the warranty will not cover it because they say a rock punched a hole in the radiator and because we drove it to the dealership we blow the head gasket....the dealer was 2 frm where the car broke down....i tried to reason with the people at drivetime,and everyone had something smart to say,so i told them they know where the car was come get it.they said that they would sue me and that they will garnish my wages (please).they knew the car was junk when they sold it and pitched it up to do that.i have proof that the head was blown when we bought the car....drivetime is a rip off and they will be stopped this time....i promise,i'm the last person they will get over on.... Freddrickb bakersfield, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: GILBERT, Arizona
Sep 15 2008
DRIVETIME A COMPANY THAT RIP YOU OFF AT DRIVETIME IN ORLANDO ,ORLANDO Florida
WE BOUGHT A CAR FROM DRIVETIME BACK IN 2006 AND EVERYSINCE WE HAD THE CAR THERE HAS BEEN A PROBLEM AND THEY ALWAYS SAY THERE IS NOTHING THAT THEY CAN DO TO FIX IT. IF THERE IS ANYBODY WHO IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THIS LOCATION PLS HIT ME BACK THANK YOU. Jeanelle APOPKA, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: ORLANDO, Florida
Jun 24 2009
DRIVETIME DRIVETIME SELLS CARS THAT HAVE MANY THINGS WRONG WITH THEM!!!! HENRICO Virginia
On 1/26/09 I purchased an 05 Dodge Magnum. The day I drove off the lot was the day that was going to haunt me for 5 years, that's if I can't get a stop to this company. I am looking for as many people that I can to do a class action law suit against Drivetime. So I need every one that is a past or present victim of this company. They are also know as The Ugly Duckling. The day I purchased the Magnum the rear drivers side window would not go up or down. I was told by the General Manager and the Salesman that I should call Drivetime Warranty and say the window broke on my way home that night. I was told by both of them that they were not supose to let me drive off the lot with the window not working. Well 2 weeks later the brakes started making all kinds of noise. I had them Diagnosed by 3 Drivetime vendors and all of them said the problem is when they did the reconditioning of the vehicle prior to my purchase, they put on CHEAP brake pad and now they are starting to glaze and wear improperly. After several months of hounding Drivetime about paying for the new brakes, I received a letter saying that the brakes they put on the car prior to my purchase-are now being recalled. (How nice of them to notice) They only approved for the front pads to be replaced. All the companies I had taken the car to told me the Magnum needed brake pads and rotors all the way around. Two weeks after they fixed the brake problem, it started again only worse now the brakes are making grinding noises. I was told the last time I called Drivetime Warranty the reason they will not fix the brakes is because I am now out of the warranty period I was covered for. The window and brake problems are not the only things I have wrong with the Magnum. I have had problems with the vehicle since day 1 and I still have problems like...the transmission is still slipping after they did a flash update at the same time they fixed the window, the rear view mirror is loose and the arm rest screws needs to be tightened, well the check engine light is on due to an EGR system problem, I just found out with the last brake inspection 5/09 that the back two tires need to be replaced etc.... Let's shut this place down!!!!! Along with their crooked scams that take advantage of hard working people with credit problems. PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS SO TOGETHER WE CAN STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING TO OTHER PEOPLE. I wish I would have found out about this website before I became a victim also. Ms. E Orange, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: HENRICO, Virginia
Mar 23 2009
DRIVETIME DRIVETIME RIPS MY CAR OFF 2 DAYS BEFORE CHRISMAS HIGH POINT North Carolina
I Recently got laid off from my job and I was making one payment as one was due. Drivetime would call my job and all my realtives and tell them I was behind on my payment. If you buy a car from them do not give them names of realtives or people you go to church with because if you are one day late they worry the ????? out of them until they hunt you down. And I have emails showing i was in constance in touch with them and they still repo my car two days before christmass. Left me walking and it was Christmas and my child had Phneomia but they had no mercy .. They will get you car and then charge you an extra $600.00 to get it back . I told them to keep it went to another dealer that day and was riding . The other dealer is CHEVROLET DEALER SHIP.. THEY WILL WORK WITH YOU .... DON'T BUY A CAR FROM DRIVETIME THEY WILL COME AND GET IN IN THE NIGHT AND CHARGE YOU AN EXTRA 600.00 TO YOUR ACCOUNT. THEY CAN KEEP THE ?????????????THING AND STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE. THANK GOD I WENT THAT DAY AND GOT ANOTHER CAR. BEFORE THEY RUINED MY CREDIT. Joann High point, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: HIGH POINT, North Carolina
Feb 27 2015
Drivetime Drivetime States in contract that they are reporting to all 3 credit agencies . And they dont Columbus,Ohio Nationwide
I purchased a vehicle 16 months ago from Drivetime,There contract states clearly that they report to all 3 major credit agencies. Called all three to get Credit score , They have no record of any. This is fraudulent to customers purchasing a vehicle through there company, and it is a Breech of there contract. It needs to be investigated I feel they are commiting a type of tax fraud as well not showing how many vehicles they sold within that year. The response I got was that they had some errors in reports and deleted info and woukd be reporting in End of March.
Jun 26 2008
DriveTime - Ugly Duckling Is A SCAM DriveTime AKA Ugly Duckling Rips Off Consumers, DriveTime Selling Lemons Las Vegas Nevada
A person I worked for advised me to go to this DriveTime to get a car. His Truck which he was buying from DriveTime caught on fire due to an electrical problem about a month ago. Anyway, I called and was told for $500 I could get a car. Ok, so I went down their and the first thing is the nonsense game they play when you get there. DriveTime pretends your credit is so bad. Mine was good enough to buy a house but according to Drivetime I needed to double my downpayment to get approved. Ok, so I went and looked at their cars. Most I could see right off were not right but I did pick one and after more of their nonsense sales game I bought it. LIE NUMBER ONE) I told DriveTime I wanted to make monthly payments because Drivetime came to me with a payment plan that was Bi-weekly on every payday. I was told oh its ok just call in and we will change it later. It took three months of calls and a threatened lawsuit to change my payments to a once a month payment. The next thing they do is sell Lemon cars. My car has had various electrical problems too. Like the power window malfunctioning and other issues. Well, my friend bought a car the same time I did and his car caught on fire about three weeks ago from an electrical problem. A few days later is when Johns truck caught on fire from an electrical problem. This company is knowingly selling dangerous, poorly maintained vehicles and its just a matter of time before some consumer is seriously injured or killed. LIE NUMBER TWO) These people have no customer service whatsoever. Infact if you are five minutes late with a payment that have an entire department that will call you non stop harassing you about their payments. As soon as I can trade this vehicle in I will and I will NEVER do business with this firm again. Sparrow Las Vegas, NevadaU.S.A.
Entity: Las Vegas, Nevada
Oct 22 2002
Ugly Duckling AKA Drivetime ripoff auto dealers money laundering and drug trafficking Chandler Arizona
the manager of drive time is on federal parole for money laundering and drug trafficking and has worked for ugly duckling since his release from federal prison he brags how they rip people off Linda Henderson, Nevada
Entity: chandler, Arizona
Jan 26 2004
DriveTime Aka Ugly Ducking ripoff Montclair California
I bought a 2001 Kia Sportage from these clowns not even a year ago and have had nothing but problems with the car since that time. So far I have had to have all the belts changed, the alternator & battery changed, the fuel pump changed, the brakes replaced, there was a short in the electrical system that had to be fixed and now I have to have it towed again because it won't start (again!). I have a top notch mechanic looking at my car and even he's getting tired of fixing it! He's starting to feel bad to have to take my money. (I've paid over $2,000) I don't appreciate the phone calls requesting payment for this piece of crap, so every time someone calls me, I harass them right back. Makes me feel better. I even called the company up and asked what could be done because my car is sitting in a parking lot right now waiting to be towed and they told me I could have the car towed to them and they would look at it (like I trust them!). They won't pay for the towing mind you, and I would have to pay for any repairs needed to the car. I plan on writing to the Better Business Bureau and I advise everyone else do the same. If there are enough complaints against this company, that could put them out of business. Judy Ontario, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Montclair, California
Dec 27 2005
Drivetime - Ugly Duckling ripoff fraud Torrance California
I financed a 2003 Dodge Neon from them back in May 2005. I have bad credit thanks to my mother. So that was my only choice at that time. Well, I decided to go to the bay area where my family lives for a visit. I get up there no problems. My husband had never seen the golden gate bridge so we decided hey lets go. So were on the freeway in the carpool lane mind you, and the car just shuts off. All the electricity gone!. We get the car to the side, but guess what there is no where to turn around. We HAVE to get on the bridge. The car finally starts up long enuff for us to get to Treasure Island. The car turns off right b4 the Treasure Island exit. We are on the side of the road. Buses going 80 miles plus are passing us. Shaking the car. At the time I was 6 months pregnant. I was horrified. Let me tell u the interesting part. I had only had the vehicle for 3 days. So I get on the phone and call drive time. I spoke with the manager. He told me I had to come out of the pocket to get the car towed. Luckily there is a free tow service on the freeway. So they towed us back to Emeryvile by al the hotels. We take the car to a mechanic up there he says . Ok everything is fine. We get around the corner and the car shuts off AGAIN. So we take it back to the mecahnic. He says oh it was a faulty battery he put the battery in. It got us back to Southern California, but not even a day later it started shutting off AGAIN. So I called them they picked up the car this time (drivetime) and took it to the repair facility in Montclair. I called the guy 4 three days and asked him what was the deal. He said well maam, we can't figure out the problem. The car just has no electricity. So I called the asst manager at the Torrance location. Delton, he said ok come in we will unwind the deal, and get u in a new car. So they didn't have any cars. They said if I wanted to get another car with a 02 or higher I would have to come up with more down payment. So they made me settle for a 98 Mazda Milenia. As soon as we got half way we heard a noise in the tire. The transmission was slipping and the speedomoter was off. Not to mention it was taking 60 bucks to fill the tank on a MAZDA!!. I called Delton and he said that they were going to refund my money and I was to give them their car back. Fine with me. So I had went into pre-term labor and was in the hospital. I got out 3 days later and called them and told them I was ready to come bring in the car and get my money back. They said oh no u can't get ur money back, its been to0 long, but the Finance manager Tanya said I had 45 days. I took 3. So I had 42 to spare. When they told me that I was getting my down payment back, I got another car from a another dealership in Temeucula California. On a defered down payment. I provided them with the proof that they were unwinding my deal with drivetime so I could get my money back. They never gave me my money back so I had to return my new vehicle that ran great and was giving perfect gas milege. So then the car place I had got my new vehicle from called drivetime and they said that they had issued me a check for my deposit and still had not returned the car. They now have on my credit that I was late with all my payments. which I have proof that I wasn't late cause they sent me a letter in the mail that said that I paid on time. And thanking me. Now drivetime, is calling me harrassing me. Running my credit every single day. I am in the process of suing them. I have a lawyer, if u want to get on the suit please email me Thanks so much for reading on this terrible company Amber Moreno valley, CaliforniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Drive Time, formally known as Ugly Duckling which is registered under the same ownership. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Torrance, California
Apr 01 2006
Drivetime Credit Corporation ripoff, credit, co-signers, bad credit deals, bad car deals Gilbert Arizona
My son needed a car for work.Drivetime dealer got him all excited about this car,than hustled him into the purchase with promises of warranty,low down and all the great sales tricks used by used car dealers. My son was young and stupid, but has learned a hard lesson. My son had the down payment but not the credit. In fact he had no credit so they required a co-signer. I trust my son and co-signed for against my better judgement. Not because of my son, but because who drivetime was. They were Ugly Duckling and had a finance office in Arizona called Champion. My daughter purchased a car from Ugly Duckling, ugly cars, paid cash. The second day she had the car, she was in a accident due to the front wrack falling off. Ran her into a ditch and nearly killed her and her unborn baby. There was an investigation after the car was towed to a police impound yard. Ugly Duckling and Champion Finance was forced to give me credit on the purchase of a new car and write off the junk car they sold my daughter. The car was in my name for insurance reasons. They changed the name of the car lot to Drivetime and Champion Finance to Drivetime Credit Corp. Still the same company. Look at the suits filed against Ugly Duckling by different states and people all over the country. They are still doing as they have always done to consumers. Just better at it. My son has paid nearly $16,000.00 for a $5000. car that was wrecked, miles turned back and fix and repair weekly. They use experian who gives out false reports and they are convincing on selling bad cars. The legal contract sticks you no what they sell you. My son has paid every weekly for three years, never missing a payment. I even paid some payments when he was out of a job. They recorded late pays on my credit report. Only because they have a bi-weekly and he pays weekly. They want more money every month and will go to any length to get that extra .15 of interest and record late pays to hurt you. Bad business with these guys. I contacted Office Finance and Consumer affairs. Demanded investigation and audit on Drivetime records. Also Department of Highway Safety and reported Drivetime for selling cars that have been tampered with on miles and hiding title information from consumers. They are onto Drivetime and they are under investigation. As for the money paid. We have done the honorable American thing. Paid to honor the contract. As for Drivetime. Beware. They are not honest. Never were, never will be. Bad Business. J Deltona, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Gilbert, Arizona
Oct 06 2006
Drivetime, Long Beach, California ripoff Long Beach California
I bought a 2004 Dodge Neon from Drivetime, Long Beach on August 21, 2006. On September 22, 2006 at 11:30 pm, I was on my way home from picking up my daughter from work, we pulled into a 7-11, she went in, bought what she needed, got back in the car and we proceeded to leave and the car DIED. It just stopped - I lifted the hood, it wasn't the battery because everything else was still working, radio, etc. Tried to get it started for over an hour and a half when finally, we gave up. I made arrangements with 7-11 to not have it towed because I would be back in the morning. I called a taxi to pick us up and take us home, it was now about 1230 - 1 in the morning. At 5 am that morning, I called a tow service and they towed the car back to my place for 65.00 dollars, it was now about 615 am. I start my first job at 715 am every morning, unfortunately I was unable to make it in on this morning. At about 11 am I called the salesperson that helped me in purchasing the car, told her what had happened and she gave me the number to the Long Beach repair shop. I called the number, told the woman what had happened and she told me that a) I would have to have my car towed to them b) they would NOT be able to LOOK at it until THURSDAY c) if they could not get to it on Thursday, then MAYBE by SATURDAY since they were really busy. I told her that was unacceptable, that I had to take the day off work already and that I could NOT take another day off on Thursday for a MAYBE, that I needed a solution TODAY. She then said well, you could try the Montrose location so I said give me the number I called Montrose, a very nice guy answered, I told him the situation and he said lady, I don't know if you realize how much it will cost you in towing alone to get down to were I am, it will be expensive I said well I need my car and he suggested that I call drivetime's customer service and complain that they need to take better care of their customers. I told him I would. But in the meantime, my boyfriend had AAA tow the car to his mechanic and take a look, it was the fuel pump. This mechanic said that it was odd that a car so new with so little mileage have this problem. We asked the mechanic to keep the car there until I find out what drivetime is going to do. So, I called their customer service dept and I told my story to a woman there and I also told her that I had a mechanic near me who said he could fix the problem and perhaps that they could reimburse me if I had him do the work because I REALLY NEEDED MY CAR. I COULD NOT WAIT ANOTHER DAY. I WORK 2 JOBS AND COULD NOT AFFORD FOR A CAR I JUST BOUGHT TO BREAK DOWN. She put me on hold and said let me see what I can do. After being on hold for LITTERALLY, 22 minutes, she said that unfortunately Drivetime does not reimburse their customers and that I could bring the car in on Monday but with no guarantee that they could even get to it. I told her again that would not do and she put me on hold AGAIN and then WE GOT DISCONNECTED. She did not even call back. I had no choice, it was now 230pm - so - I told my mechanic to go ahead and fix the car, it was the fuel pump and it cost me 489.00. My mechanic gave me the part (the old fuel pump) and said see if you can file a claim against them, this should not have gone out so soon. This all happened on the day that payment was due for the car. This was a Friday, first thing Monday morning I got a call from the GENERAL Manager at drivetime about my late payment, I told him the whole story and he said he could give me a later date to pay, 10 days but I would still have to pay - and only after I faxed him the receipt from the mechanic as proof. So, I did fax it to him with a letter asking that I be reimbursed, of course I got no response from him but did get a call the NEXT Day from another person asking why I was late. My intention was always to pay off this car but I think there is something so wrong about having to shell out almost 500 dollars for SOMETHING THAT WAS AND IS COVERED IN MY WARRANTY because of their bad customer service; they are great when you are buying the car but not when something goes wrong. Today I am making a payment of 400.00, and I resent it. Of course someone called me this morning to make sure to have it in the office BY TODAY. I WANT TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO ABOUT GETTING MY MONEY BACK. OR IF I SHOULD JUST GIVE UP THE FIGHT. Juanita north hollywood, CaliforniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Drive Time, formally known as Ugly Duckling which is registered under the same ownership.
Entity: Long Beach, California
Jan 24 2005
DriveTime Lies and will try to cheat you out of your money! Morrow Georgia
Drivetime has been nothing but a huge headache to my husband and me. We went looking for a new car and happened to find one we liked. We did all the paperwork and told the sales rep that we would be back in the morning to finish the deal. We explained to the managment that we still had some other cars we wanted to look at and we needed to get the payoff on our current car. This was no problem, we were advised that maybe we should put a hold on the car until we could get back the next day. Hey were thinking this will not be a problem, so we gave them $100.00 to hold. My husband asked the managment if we should change our minds or not want to finish the deal would the money be refunded back to us? Well we were told yes that we could come back and pick the money up the next day. Well, we did find a new, better and cheaper car note at another dealer. We decided to purchase the better car. Who wouldnt? Well we talked to drive time and told them that we did not want to go with their car and we wanted our money back. Well this is where the headaches come in. We were then told that we would have to wait 7-10 days in order to get our money back. Ok fine I can work with that. Well around the 10th day I called to see if the check was there and of course it was not. Basically what happens over the next couple of days is me calling to the dealership checking to see if our check is there. Well then I get the pleasure of dealing with a woman named Kelly. She proceeds to tell me that she has checked with corp. office and the check was sent already. Ok then where is the check? Nobody knows! I ask Kelly (who is very rude and very unproffesional) how would you feel if someone had your money and you needed it? Would you not be the least bit aggitated? Kelly tells me she would be a little aggiated. I explained to Kelly that I really needed that money for stuff for my children and asked her what would she done. Her answer to this was i guess you will need to find another way to get your kids things. At this point I am very Hot. Nobody tells me to find another way, when they are the ones who owe me money.Kelly then states that first of all we dont owe you the money we owe it to that man (my husband). This to me is funny, Marriage is both people. I explain to Kelly (who is smacking on her lunch) while talking to me that I am not going to deal with her anymore and will talk to corp. office. She just says ok, have a nice day click. I did call corporate and talked to a very nice man named Jeremy. Today which is now Monday and Jeremy called me back and explained to me that the check will be cut tomorrow and they will 2 day mail it to the dealership. So we have been lied to over and over with this so called dealership. Before you give any of this dealership your money, you might want to get whatever they say they will do in writing. I personally would not recommened them to anyone! Bree Locust Grove, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Morrow, Georgia
Oct 12 2004
DriveTime Aka Ugly Duck rip-off! Clearwater Florida
I was ripoff for 17,000 for a 95 vehicle finance at 29%. Numerous repairs which drivetime did improper. harrassing phone calls day & night 7 days a week only own 4G on prin./inter and made 2g in repairs. someone needs to shut them down Helen 33760, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Clearwater, Florida
Nov 10 2005
DriveTime ripoff, bought down the original interest rate, screwed when original mgr. left Doraville Georgia
My husband and I bought a 2001 Pontiac Aztek from DriveTime in Doraville Georgia in January of 2004. We wanted to consummate the deal within 2 weeks of leaving a good faith deposit, but the manager was in Arizona at a conference and the idiots at DT in Doraville couldn't find our paperwork. So, finally when Deane Craig returned to the office we consummated the deal and told him we wanted to buy down the interest rate as they offered within 3 weeks. We went in to buy down the interest rate while Deane was there. He accepted our $500.00 to buy down and told the clerk accepting payments to accept our $500.00 and make out a receipt for $425.00 for the payment (down from $462.00 and change) (we paid a total of $925.00 that day). We were told (they would not give us the original contract with the buy down amount on it as we insisted and initialed the contract agreeing to it) that we would subsequently receive a new payment schedule reflecting the $424.00 plus change due from then on. We never did, in fact all we received was a letter saying thanks for agreeing to buy down the interest rate and the new payment would be 462.00. We immediately called to talk with Deane and in fact went in person to contest the amount. Deane agreed we were right and emailed the head office (in Arizona) -- I was smart enough to get the email copied from Deane. However, the email never specified the correct amount. Just that we were correct in our assessment of the payment because DriveTime came out with a new interest and downpayment matrix just after (like within 7 days) the purchase of our vehicle and our buy down. We fit in the old matrix - which Deane agreed with and we initialed our old contract to reflect new buy down payments. As it turned out the AZ. office would not accept a scratched through contract with our initials and Deane's initials they wanted a new one which we signed. Somehow Az. and Ga. neither one could locate the original contract with our signatures, Deane's signature and the changed payment amount after the buy down. For 1 year they accepted $425.00 as our payment and when they got a new manager for the 3rd time since our Aztek purchase, we started getting phone calls about the amount not being right on the Aztek. I told them it was their error not ours and gave the manager copies of our email, and hand written notes on the paperwork which I noted as we talked to Deane. Finally they agreed we had effected a buy-down but under the new matrix not the old and they made us sign a document agreeing to payments of $455.49 --- now how in the world can you charge a lesser interest rate and effect a buydown of just $7.00 a month for 42 months for $500.00? $7.00 x 42 is $294.00 - any idiot with a calculator can figure out that the amounts don't jive and giving them $500.00 to pay $7 less per month is a rip-off in the first degree! Julie Dacula, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Doraville, Georgia
May 30 2005
DRIVETIME, uglyducking, ripoff, liars, misleading etc. TAMPA Florida
I bought ford 2002 f-150 xlt 4door pick-up with 44k miles from drivetime.the next day driving on the interstate, i here the sound wind whipping through the passenger side doors.I had it checked by a professional. They said it had been wrecked and repaired. I told drivetime i did'nt want this truck they told me they could try to fix it or they would get me a different truck i said ok get me another truck. I thought (*great*) a company that is gonna do the right thing for once. Of course that was too good to be true.Over the next two months, countless phone calls and trips to their office.they finaly got fed up with me and said. ok it's like this we were never gonna give you a different truck. we lied to your face,and you have no proof of what was said So your stuck with that truck whether you like it not.there's nothing you can do about it. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU. MICHAEL WESLEY CHAPEL, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: TAMPA, Florida