FAIRBANKS CAPITAL Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Fairbanks Capital

There may be more reports for "Fairbanks Capital"

For more results perform a general search for "Fairbanks Capital"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Dec 11 2002
Fairbanks Capital ripoff business from hell Jacksonville Florida
My story starts two years ago with Equicredit. My husband was in charge of making the mortgage payments, while I paid everything else. Everything was fine until one day I received a threat to foreclose in the mail. Apparently one of my husbands checks had bounced, and all of a sudden they want two thousand dollars or they are going to foreclose on me. My house payments were only six hundred and twenty five dollars a month. I ended up fighting with this company for almost two years before they finally said my account was caught up. I sent them at least ten thousand dollars above and beyond my mortgage payment because one agent would call, tell me to post date a check for a thousand dollars and I would be caught up, then two days later somebody else would call and want another six hundred. Finally in march of this year I got them to say that I was finally caught up. Then in April they sold my loan to Fairbanks. At first I was glad to be away from Fairbanks, thinking that nobody could be as bad as Equicredit. Boy, was I wrong. They started off right away taking two months worth of payments because they said that I owed money for insurance that Equicredit had purchased for me. I never heard anything like that from Equicredit and I had my own insurance. But, no matter how many times I faxed in the proof of my insurance, they still refused to take the money and put it back on my account and kept charging me fees. So in Septmeber I got a bill consolidation loan to catch them up totally. That cost me three thousand dollars. When I paid that the agent that I talked to said that took care of all fees, payments, everything. The next thing I know I get a letter in the mail saying that my payment was going up over fifty dollars a month for insurance, which I already had. I called Fairbanks about this and to make sure that the three thousand dollars I sent in was posted. It was posted all right, but the agent I talked to said that I still owed 900 dollars in corporate advances! When I asked him what that was he just said, oh, that is stuff that Fairbanks has had to pay for you. I have rambled on long enough, but first there are just a couple other things that I want to say. I read the report from the Fairbanks employee that said, pay or get out or something like that. What do they want us to pay, because I know that I have paid much much more than my monthly payment for a long time. Those of us who are customers of Fairbanks aren't looking for a free ride or anything. All we want is to make our payments and not be threatened with foreclosure every month unless we pay outrageous and bogus fees. Tracy Arcadia, WisconsinU.S.A.
Jan 15 2003
FAIRBANKS CAPITAL rip-off HATBORO Pennsylvania
These guys are IDIOTS! They just tried to bill me for $ 1059.96 for the year of 2001. FOR HAZARD INSURANCE!! THIS IS 2003!!! They have continously harassed me because the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I have sent them faxes, my insurance company has given them policy numbers, however they have held my monthly payment (then billed me late fee's) HOSTAGE until they update. They do not update, and fail to be a BUSINESS!!! If I was stupid and rich and did not know better, I would probably pay them. How many innocents have been ripped??? Adrienne Valrico, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: HATBORO, Pennsylvania
Jan 04 2003
Fairbanks Capital group ripoff deceptive company Jacksonville Florida
they discrimenate age, call before bill is due,charge you late fees when your not late. are will not send statement out for months then send you a letter telling you owe many thousands dollars to get out of forecloser. when my dad told me to whatch out for white collar criminals he failed to tell me thay where bankers Steve Evansville, IndianaU.S.A.
Jan 07 2003
Fairbanks Capital ripoff victimized many consumers Jacksonville Florida
We had a 15 yr mortgage loan which was bought by fairbanks capital.We searched the internet to find their web site and came upon the rip off report.After reading all the trouble people were having with fairbanks we could not pay our money to this company.We were so afraid of what they would do to our loan that we took out a new loan thru another company and had to go to a 30 year loan which was a very hard desision to make. We kept our payments up and on time to the mortgage company that sold our loan to fairbanks.This has caused us much stress not to mention that we are in more debt than we have ever been in our life because we do not trust fairbanks after all we have read about them.We are a hard working couple in our 50's and won't be able to retire now thanks to fairbanks.We are planning to join in a lawsuit with you if you will e-mail me the info.This co must be stopped now. Bill Springfield, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: jacksonville, Florida
Jan 28 2003
Fairbanks Capital Corp ripoff ripoff swindlers Jacksonville Florida
Our mortgage was taken over by these thieves Jan 02. Since then we have had a late charge added to our acct since they keep saying they didn't get our first payment. We made the first payment to our prior mortgage co (Ocwen - another rip off scam business). Ocwen assures us that they credited Fairbanks that payment. However, its still showing as outstanding with almost double late fee charge as the payment itself! Then we receive a notice of Annual Escrow Account Disclosure Statement. Says we owe them over $1600.00. When I called to find out how they got that amount I get told that they don't know and their research dept will get back to me within 30-60 days! When I faxed them our last statement from Ocwen showing a $0 escrow amount before we were sold but they have no explanation. They said it was for taxes once. I said that we pay our taxes ourselves since its not included in our mortgage and show them proof from our tax office that our taxes were paid ONCE - by us. No additional payments made by them. Then they said it was for insurance. I again (for the fifth time) send them proof of us paying our own insurance on the house - again not included in our mortgage. They can't explain this $1600.00 they want off us nor will they take the amount off. At this point I want to start a lawsuit against them because they are trying to swindle money out of us - money we don't owe. Dee Ocean Co., New JerseyU.S.A.
Jan 24 2003
Fairbanks capital corp rip-off Jacksonville Florida
We took out a 2nd mortgage and that company sold it to Fairbanks and we have nothing but promblems with them. The add on payments which have nothing to do with the mortagae, then they went and brought insurance for our account which we all ready had home owners insurance form our 1st mortgage. So I told them off about that and they canceled the insurance they brought. Now they are taking us to court and saying we are not paying our mortgage mean while they are cashing the checks we are sending.We have a lawyer and we are going to court on Feb.19,2003. They are using another name they say it is Residental money centers.If someone could back to me on what esle to do with this company please do. Thank You Joyce Glendale, ArizonaU.S.A.
Oct 11 2002
FAIRBANKS CAPITAL ripoff JACKSONVILLE Florida
Fairbanks Capitol bought my loan, I did not choose them. Regardless of many attempts to straighten out a fraudulant escrow account they have refused to acknowledge my payments on a homeowner's policy. Additional money I had sent marked specifically to principle only has gone into this eroneous escrow account. I tried to refinance with another company and was given a payoff figure higher than my original mortgage even though I had been paying my mortgage on time for a year and also had paid over $1000. additionally to be applied to the princple. Their customer service is insulting at best. Their employees are either just plain stupid or have been instructed to do whatever it takes to wear down the consumer. If there is a class action suit out there, please contact me to join in. Maggie Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
Entity: JACKSONVILLE, Florida
Oct 19 2002
FAIRBANKS CAPITAL ripoff SALT LAKE CITY Utah
i have had problems from day 1 when this company was contimortage. iat the time had two mortgages and i went to rock financial who at the time was processing loans for contimortgage. my loan was fha at 7% and at the time i was late they told me that if i didnt sign i was gonna be foreclose on.the mistake at the time was i didnt have a lawyer which the told me wasnt necessary. so i did and now i was paying more then my income could support at the time.then they changed to fairbanks and i cant get them to give me a complete pay history.what started out as a 51000 balance has went to 64000.00 and i just found out it is a ballon note which i was not told about. i had to file bankruptcy and the put me in a fore berence plan which is how all those fees for thier lawyer got to 64000.they are saying they are gonna review me for 6 mons and after that they want me to pay 900.00 up from 530.00 to cover fees and late payment . i have been trying to find someone who can refinance this and its hard cause most dont want to cause of the things fairbanksput on my credit report. they didnt evn report i have been paying them since 1999. Harv Toledo, Ohio
Entity: SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Sep 18 2002
Fairbanks Capital ripoff victimized many consumers Jacksonville Florida
A second report on these people. First of all I want to let you know that the people that actually do the drive-by property inspections for these people earn $4- 10 each! I worked for almost a year doing various inspections for mortgage companies. Sadly the majority of homes I inspected for Fairbanks have been lost by the poor unfortunate people who thought they owned them. I felt sad for all these people but really glad I wasn't with them, even though Olympus is also corrupt and stealing millions of dollars, at least they would listen to me. Then my loan got sold to these theives. It has been only 19 days, I am ready to walk out and leave my house to get away from the stress they cause me. Hang up, ignoring me, etc...I called a realtor and told her to sell it fast. Today, after thirty calls, most of which I got hung up on even before talking to someone, hours wasted on the phone, an ulcer forming, blood pressure rising and a sick feeling in my gut a rep. called...no name, asked me what I wanted. I demanded a complete accounting of ALL my payments, they claim Olympus didn't send them one but said he would call and try to get it. I tried to explain why I needed it and he told me he didn't care and didn't want to listen to me. It didn't matter what I said. I tried to ask about my payment but he wouldn't listen to me long enough toget the full question let alone give me an answer. I am so stressed I can hardly stand it/ Is any one doing a class action suit? Call me , I'm in!!!! JoAnna Eden, Idaho
Mar 13 2003
Fairbanks Capital Corp rip-off Jacksonville Arizona
Leo Mcdonald was short one payment then sent a Demand Letter - YOU Could Lose Your House The Mortgage was down to $1,744.70 After Making a payment of $800.00 The Mortgage with fees is now $1806.67 They also have to make three payments a month now. They are on social Security and Food Stamps. They are theatening to forclose on the house. And this is the way they treat customers. We are helping them refinance to get out of this nightmare. Dan Chandler, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Chandler, Arizona
Mar 12 2003
Fairbanks Capital rip-off scam con artists Hatboro Pennsylvania
We have been dealing with Fairbanks Capital for approx. 4 years. Every time we turn around they are telling us that we are in default and we need to send so much money to keep from losing our home. We thought that we would wise up and start sending them money orders and overnight them. However they still said they wasn't receiving our payment on time. So for the last year we have been paying cash via Western Union, We have our records and are up to date, unless you ask Fairbanks, they say we are in default again and that they did not receive Dec.,Jan., or Feb. payment. They sent us back a check for Feb. payment,which they said they did not receive, and said our home is in foreclosure and to keep that from happening we need to send them between 1150.00 to 3432.00 depending on which represenative you get. We are in the process of dealing with an attorney and sending letters to our senator. This Has Got To Stop!!!!!!!!!!!! Ernie Henderson, KentuckyU.S.A.
Entity: Hatboro, Pennsylvania
Feb 28 2003
Fairbanks Capital rip-off thieves Hatboro Pennsylvania
I sit here reading all these reports on Fairbanks Capital and I can't figure out why they haven't been stopped. Last year my home was foreclosed on because as everyone else there were fees added to my payments that were not true. Back in Feb. last year we got behind on our payment. I called in to make the 2 payments that we were behind in a check by phone. I was prepared to make the 2 payments that we were behind plus the late fees. They would not accept it. They said I had to send 1885.00 My 2 payments plus attorney fees. We decided that we needed to send it to get our payment back in order. So we did. They accepted it.(1885.00) About 3 months later we fell behind again. Work was slow and things happen sometimes. I called again thinking that I would be luckier this time. Not hardly! This time they said that we owed way more than 2 payments. They said that we owed 5151.67. Can you believe that? Fees for drive by appraisals, late charges, taxes,(Which I have proof I paid) Insurance (Which I already had) Get this attorney fees from back in Feb. (I still have my quick collect reciept from where I sent them the money in Feb). I confronted them about the 1885.00 and they told me that they did not apply the extra 900.00 I sent to attorney fees but to the principal. They made the decisions on where the money goes. This is crazy. I can't believe that they can get by with this. But they have and they will continue. I undoubtably had sucker written all over my face to have sent them the money the first time. They foreclosed on me last Sept. It has bothered me so much that I have written the attorney general and the banking dept. about this matter and the banking dept. gave them 30 days to come up with the paperwork that would support what they were saying that I owed. They sent the banking dept. a copy of the agreement that I signed when I financed my home(Which was not originally with Fairbanks, They bought the other company out). The banking dept. didn't accept it and now they have only 15 days to come up with the paperwork. If this doesn't work I am going to find me an attorney to take this one. I lived in my home of 13 years all my kids were raised there. We live in a much nicer place now but it isn't our home. I plan to fight till I win. Fairbanks Capital preys on people like me that they know will either pay the money to keep their place, or also on people like me that really doesn't have the kind of money to send and they know it so they place so many fees that you can't pay. They win all the way around. Either they get all the money or they get your home. Oh, by the way we didn't pay the last time because they were wrong....we didn't owe all of that money. And if they come up with any paperwork for the banking dept. it will be lies too. There is no way they have proof. WE DID NOT OWE IT! If we had sent it it would have been to do over again. I plan on winning this one! Tina Pontotoc, MississippiU.S.A.
Entity: Hatboro, Pennsylvania
Feb 27 2003
FAIRBANKS Capital fraudulent ripoff business Jacksonville Nationwide
EMBEZZLING DECEPTIVE PRACTICES ..... To all of you on this website with problems about FairBanks Capital.I would like to hear from all of you. Reason being I'm starting a federal court case on many charges. Some of the very same problems you all have had with them. Just so you understand I'm not a lawyer. I'm a person they did the same things to as they did to you.I'v been in contact with many federal commisions including the FBI who has asked me to put package together for them. The funny part is that I'v gotten FairBanks to provide some of the evidence to take their own company down.Just so you all realize what type of person I am.They embezzled my checking account to minus. 500.00. And they had no intenions of returning the money. But I forced them to return the money to me and I did get it. So I hope you all realize I'm not playing games with them and my goal is SHUT THEM DOWN!!!! AND I'v never lost a battle yet Including challenging the IRS.I'm not sure how my court case will affect all of you but if all of you respond to me. It will show they have a history to the courts and FBI. John Morrisville, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Jacksonville, Nationwide
Mar 02 2003
Fairbanks Capital rip-off Jacksonville Florida
Fairbanks bought my mortgage on February 2000 and stated that I owed the company five thousand dollars. My spouse had to file bankruptcy to keep our home. We were not late making any payments. My spouse since then died.Fairbanks requirement was to sign a forebearance agreement and send several thousand dollars. I complied with Fairbanks request. I have tried to refinance my homeFairbanks is stating that I owe nine thousand dollars for a six month agreement. In the year 2002 I have paid Fairbanks over twenty-six thousand dollars and they are still requesting more money. I have spent all my savings attempting to keep my home. Fairbanks has reported negative reports to other lenders to lock me into their company. I need help.No one will refinance my home because of the negative reporting. I taking medication because of Fairbanks Capital. I never know when they will request more money. Harnetha Suwanee, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Feb 15 2003
Fairbanks Capital rip-off Jacksonville Florida
I have two peices of income property. The mortgages to both have been sold to Fairbanks. It has been a horible situation. My escrow accounts are so screwed up That my homeowners insurance will be cancelled in a week on one of the properties even though I have thousands in my escrow acct. I had to send a personal check for it. On my other property I am late with my real estate taxes and they will not pay it. On that mortgage the two payments I have made they put in a suspense acct claiming my payments were not made in the full amount. I sent countless faxes to their escrow department of all my HUD paperwork detailing how much my payments should be they ignore all paperwork They have just sent a demand letter on one of my properties I am at my wits end. Even though It will cost thousands of dollars I am refinancing both Properties with another lender ASAp. Cheryl Desperate in Massachussetts Southborough, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Feb 12 2003
Fairbanks Capital rip-off Pasadena California
My story is not unlike the one that brought me to this page. However, it goes pretty deep. My house was hit by the devastating tornado in 1998. I had an estimated damage of approximately $80,000. to $100,000. After fighting the abusive insurance company Lloyd's of London (go figure) offering me a mere $30,000. and cheating contractors that ravaged our neighborhood and took advantage of the unfortunate victims of an act of God. I had to deal with the ruins of my credit due to the lengthy law suits and mental and physical toll on my life. I than got my loan sold to Fairbanks Capital Corp. I am in the mortgage business and understand the importance of making my mortgage payment so I immediately contacted the customer service # and requested the address to send my mortgage payment. I was told that the company was not set up to receive and process the payments and for me to wait at least 60 days before they could start accepting my payments. I quickly reminded this customer service rep that I did not want one blemish on my already challenged credit. She assured me that I would not have any derogatory experience and said she would note my file. Finally they started harrassing me for payments not made and I told them I had previous phone confirmation the all of my over the phone payments would be applied to my mortgage as soon as the company was set up to process and that I would not suffer any derogatory credit from this situation. This new customer service rep accused me of lying and said there was never any conversation with any of their employees notated on my record. I was furious and concerned so I ran my credit and lo and behold they are showing me as being 90 days down on my mortgage and going into foreclosure. I like the previous author called and told them I would turn this over to my attorney and that I would sell my home before they get another dime from me. To tell you the truth I have been totally abused by every corporation involved in my situation since the day of the 1998 tornado. I am willing to use my story to effect any positive change I can make in our totally abusive system of abusive Insurance, Finance and Construction Companies and the government that continues to allow it!!! Due to the natural disasters that occuring at a phenomenal rate we need to make drastic changes so the victims do not continue to be victimzed through the process of recovery and healing. Joanne NASHVILLE, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: Pasadena, California
Feb 15 2003
Fairbanks Capital ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Jacksonville Florida
I am having a problem receiving my monthly statements. I received my Febuary statement on Febuary 15th. I did not think much of it until I was looking up the website. Hopefully someone will stop this company deceptive practices. Maurice riverdale, IllinoisU.S.A.
Sep 25 2002
Fairbanks Capital Corp. ripoff Jacksonville Florida
Equicredit sold our mortgage to Fairbanks Capital back in Dec of 2001 by May 2002 we were in Foreclosure because of late charges. When Equicredit sold our mortgage we send tha payment to Fairbanks and Equicredit was still chargering us for some late too. I call Fairbanks they told me that we needed to send them $3.800 we did by the time the next payment was due we sended them the payment of $1.269 they took most of it to late charges and olny $700 when to the mortage. We were never able to catch up so they strated Foreclosure we went to file papper for more time and to get a court date we took those to their attrney office he never file the pappers i guess becuse we never got a court date. We file Bankruptcy and sold our build. We got the build for $131.000 We had to sell it at 139.000 because of all their late charges and court,attorney fees.They wouldn't accept no less Than they send us this friend letter (congrations Our records indicate that your mortgage loan had been paid in full) The good thing about it is they are out of our hair THANK GOD. Vincent Chicago, Illinois
Oct 22 2002
Fairbanks Capital ripoff consumer fraud Jacksonville Florida
Fairbanks lies!!!!! I called one month before payment was due and made payment arrangements ahead of time for july payment. Mailed correct amount off in aguust according to agreement. They then called and informed me that most of the money was ate up in fees, and send more money. Did so. Every month now this has been the case. For the 20th time I was promised the fees would be refunded if I send a certain amount in. Never worked in the past, but what can I do. They are destroying my credit, and taking my money. The funny thing is this, I called and made arrangements before I was even considered late to make sure that my bill got paid. And when you talk with them they for some reason lost your payment agreement. So, first thing is first they can not tell the truth, even if their lives depended on it. Keep your records for they have none. And even if you do they will say you made it up and promise you anything to get money out of you. David Grand Rapids, Nebraska
Oct 20 2002
Fairbanks Capital Corp ripoff, dishonest billing Phoenix Arizona
Fairbanks Capital bought the loan on my house from my Mortgage Company. I received a letter stating that Fairbanks Capital had bought my loan. Thay would be sending out a monthly statement. My Payment was due on the first of the month even if I did not receive a statement. I sent my payment along with a copy of the letter telling me that they now hold my mortgage. The day after my payment would have been late. I received a monthly statement from Fairbanks Capital. (I checked with my bank and my check had been cashed on time.) Looking at the statement, I saw that they had increased my payment over $789.00. After four calls I hope they have corrected their statement amount. Sylvia Sacramento, California
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Oct 28 2002
Fairbanks Capital Corporation ripoff Jacksonville Florida
I have been speaking to fairbanks corp month after month getting nowhere. Told them my brother was terminate from his job and now is retiring 6 months before he recive a pension check. I borrow money to pay the mortage charged me major late fees told them i just want to pay the mortage before i go in forclouse. I could never speak to anyone beside loan counselor or supervisor got nowhere I want to speak to a manager. if you can call me i could expalain better thank you theresa bronx, New York
Oct 28 2002
Fairbanks Capital ripoff GOOD NEWS Jacksonville Florida
Good news I recieved an email back from Gov. Jeb Bush and he said he has forwarded my complaint to Financial Investigations. Lets all make our voices heard so the government moves on this. Explain you personal situation and email it to Jeb Bush and he will forward it to the proper unit! Jeb.Bush@MyFlorida.com ALSO Florida Financial Investigations 101 East Gaines st. Suite #516 Tallahassee, Fla. 32399-0350 Tel - 850-410-9603 We all have to move on it as soon as possible so we can stop this mess we are in. The investagations unit was very comforting and seemed truly concerned. David Honolulu, Hawaii
Nov 05 2002
Fairbanks Capital Corp ripoff deception Jacksonville Florida
My 72 your old mother-in-law house was originially financed with this company approximately in 1996 by her.Two years ago we reaffirmed with them as they threatened her with foreclosure. Since that time we have had no verification of account status, principal balance, interest applied, or even replys to update payments made. We have corresponded to numerous voice recording, faxes, and even real live bodies with no assistance. They continuously tell us we owe them more money or they will take forclosure steps. We comply with their requests out of fear of my mother in law being homeless. Now we find out that the latest payments were not applied to the mortgage but to fees and that again we are behind in the mortgage payment and again foreclosure is being threatened by them and their attorney. We do not know what the fees are but always made large payments at their request, again out of foreclosure fear. Due to my mother-in-laws, health and income, town taxes put her in trouble. My wife and I went today to meet with our local town official. We were greeted with a check for taxes due on my mother-in-laws property, paid in full to the tune of $2200.00 dollars. Sent via UPS overnight from Fairbanks Capital Corp out of Salt Lake City, Utah. Now isn't it interesting we can get no information on her loan( they have a copy of our power of attorney), however they pursue an MLC and anti up the taxes!!! In March of 2002 they again threatened foreclosure unless we paid an additional 3,000 and uped the payment from 1000/month to 1550/month until July 2002. We did this. In September we were told that the payment that they received in August and September were not applied to the mortgage but again to fees. We are again being threated with foreclosure as the payments have not been received on the mortgage!!! An ongoing cycle. We cannot continue this cycle and want to get some resolution quickly. skip and Linda south dennis, Massachusetts
Nov 01 2002
Fairbanks Capital ripoff consumer fraud Jacksonville Florida
I had several loans on the same home in Florida as well as a home in New york with Equicredit. This past year I get notified that it is now Fairbanks Capital, however my agreement changes which I should have been given a 'Right to Notice'. Now each time I contact Fairbanks for a pay off figure they add a $50.00 fee to the balance of my loan which of course they charge interest on, the late fees are out of this world. Unlike Equicredit they are sending notices out almost at once about losing the home if you are late, I never received any prior to them.They took forever to send my refund on my over payment when my home was paid in full back in April. I currently have the home in Florida on the market. Where is the Feds, and the Florida State Attorney General. george Newburgh, New York
Dec 04 2002
Fairbanks Capital ripoff business from hell Jacksonville Florida
I have read so many storys from others, my heart does go out to all, I live in Maryland, my husband and I refianced in 8/2001 with Equicredit, never knowing that they where the devil. My husband and I both are on the loan, are I thought I was, Fairbanks Capital told me on the phone that they could not talk to me, they need to talk to Clint my husband, I told them I'm his wife can I help you, they said (NO) you are not on the loan if you want to talk with us your husband will need to (fax) a letter giving you permission to talk for him! I have fax that damn letter 100 times, all of are storys seem the same, they also started escrow account for insurance that we dont need, late fee's for payments being late that are there on time, they are crazy. good luck to all, Robin from Maryland Robin Savage, Maryland

Showing 26-50 | Showing Page 2 of 654