FIFTH THIRD BANK Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Fifth Third Bank

There may be more reports for "Fifth Third Bank"

For more results perform a general search for "Fifth Third Bank"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Aug 10 2007
Fifth Third Bank ripoff Overdraft Abuse Credit Card Fraud Lombard Illinois
53 bank issued a credit card in my name without authorization and charged overdraft fee's to it. When I called the bank to state that someone had used my credit card without authorization, the Customer Service rep stated that was the way they did overdraft protection and that I should pay the fee immediately to avoid interest accruing. To add: I had a credit card with them and never had used it, I believed this is the credit card they made the charges to. HOwever, I checked my account later that same day and noticed a 2nd credit card on my account that hadn't been there before. It had been opened the day my account when into overdraft by someone other than myself. Overdraft fee's in excess of $500.00. Andrea North Aurora, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Lombard, Illinois
Jan 23 2008
FIFTH THIRD BANK FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY AGAINST FORMER 5/3 EMPLOYEES - becoming the norm CINCINNATI Ohio
I was employed at Fifth Third Bank from 2005-2006. My exit interview consisted of meeting with Human Resources and returning ALL company property. This included my Corporate Credit Card. October 2007, I received a voicemail indicating that I had personal charges on my corporate card that I needed to Pay as soon as possible. At this time, it had been 1 year and 3 months since I was employeed by Fifth Third. After contacting the Fraud department; I was instructed to go a local branch for copies of the statements, file a police report, then I would receive an Affadavit via USPS that I would have to complete and return. I requested that Fifth Third provide me with credit monitoring and they have not returned my calls nor my emails. I am forced to pay for credit monitoring myself. HELP....They are not ethical? Ohjustice Pickerington, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: CINCINNATI, Ohio
Feb 18 2006
Fifth Third Bank ripoff won't take care of denial letter I'm asking for Berea Ohio
I'm writing to call out Fifth Third Bank and their mortgage department. When I first called first week of December '05 they gave me the terms of a vacant lot loan. After several mistakes by them, I decided to change loan originators. She said, no problem. I didn't know what the other guy was thinking was so hard. After 3 weeks of waiting, they finally approved us for the loan. (only after I started calling her boss to get answers). She said we were approved but we had to get our debt to income ratio down. Well, we were never told that was an issue to begin with. So we paid down our car. $12,000.00 later they changed the terms on us, again. They said they couldn't give us 100% financing because they had already made too many exceptions. Never telling us in the beginning we were in need of exceptions. So after they dropped the ball yet another time, we said forget it. We don't want to do business with you anymore. Forget the lot, forget you. Deals off. The seller didn't understand the situation and wouldn't give us our earnest money back until she found out what happened. Well, the bank wouldn't help explain it to her. They wouldn't give me a denial letter because they said I was approved. I said I never agreed to the terms so how could I be approved. They refuse to give me any type of letter saying they were at fault explaining the loan in it's entirety. The loan originator agrees we never agreed on the terms. She said it herself. So why are they being so difficult? So the loan originator couldn't help anymore. I started calling her boss. No return call. Several weeks go by. Still calling him, still no return phone call. Finally, I start really harassing him and started calling every 15 minutes. He finally called me back and apologized saying the denial letter would be in the mail. Denial letter came in the mail stating unacceptable property as the reason. Saying the lot was unacceptable because of the delapitated house on the property. Even though they approved it. The seller didn't like that. Saying it was incorrect. Which it really was. The manager wouldn't return phone calls again. So I started calling his boss. This guy was even worse. A month and a half later I'm still waiting to take care of this! He finally called and faxed over a new denial letter stating excessive obligations in relation to income which we agreed on. But he wouldn't sign it, nor put the correct date on it. Now, he won't answer calls again. What is with these people?? I was so nice the whole time with them. So they walked all over me thinking I'd just give up. Well, I can't. I want my earnest money back. The bank is the one that dropped the ball, and they admit it, but not on paper. What gives?? Elaine Cleveland, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Berea, Ohio
Apr 26 2006
Fifth Third Bank ripoff Dishonest Fraudulent Billing Cincinnati Ohio
MY husband and I financed a vehicle with Fifth Third Bank about two years ago. We kept the car for 13 months and then traded it in for another vehicle. The dealership paid the car off,as usually done in a trade,and resold the car. We payed ALL of our payments on time,and NEVER missed a payment,and NEVER bounced a check. I have bank statements showing every check for each payment and when Fifth Third cashed them. We received a letter saying we still owe a payment on the vehicle that we traded to the dealership that was paid off. Upon calling Fifth Third Bank,we were told that the bank had made a mistake and credited our loan like we made an extra payment. This mistake was not realized by the bank until four months after we had traded off the vehicle. Now we are expected to make a $250 payment to correct the mistake that THEY made even though we have made all payments accurately and haven't owned the car for almost two years. Kara and Greg Bluefield, West VirginiaU.S.A.
Dec 08 2004
Third Fifth Bank Ripoff Overdraft fees were $102 after going over by $20 Marysville Ohio
On a trip to Las Vegas, my wife (Christa) made a withdrawal from an ATM and was not warned that she would go over on her account. She had made other withdrawals that day, and as such, would go over by about $20, but she was not warned by the ATM that she would go over, and ended up going into overdraft. The overdraft charges started kicking in. She had made five charges that day, and charged us overdraft charges on three of them. They say that it is their policy to charge overdraft on all charges for the day that the overdraft occurs. Thus, they suggest that they are doing us some kind of favor by charging us $90 on the first day instead of $150. The next day we put $37 into the account (which was overdrawn by $24 total) and then they charged $90, setting the account into the red, and charged us another $6 for the day, and another charge the next morning, for a total of $120. There goes my tax cut. Paul Marysville, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Marysville, Ohio
Feb 13 2008
Fifth Third Bank Two payments send before due, not received poor customer service Cincinnati Ohio
As an excellant Fifth Third customer, with no late payments, excellant credit history and score, I'm now faced with some of the scenarios that I read about here. My payments are due the 5th of each month. I make (send) my payment in on the 19th of the previous month. I sent a payment on Jan 19th for my Feb 5th bill. On Feb 4th, my online checking showed it had never cleared and I called Fifth Third. Their customer rep, though sympathetic, said it was lost in the mail and to stop payment of that payment and send another as I had a 10 day grace period. I suggested stopping the payment and I'd do an electronic check with him over the phone. His reply was that I could not do so until the payment was actually late. So I stopped the check, was charged $29 by my bank to do so and mailed another payment. Checking my online account on Feb 12 (two days before my grace period was up) I saw my second attempt at payment had not been posted to my account. Again I call and was told to wait another day as they had not received it but the first payment did arrive on the 4th after my first call (what a coincidence) but of course they couldn't post it as it was stopped by my bank. I wait till today, called Fifth Turd and still they have not received it and of course use the excuse of the postal service. I asked for a supervisor ( an unsympathetic and unfeeling person) who again blames the postal service and says if it does not arrive until after the 14th that I will be assessed a late fee. From here on out I will be sending the checks with a receiver confirmation and catch them at their little game but in the meantime I'm at their mercy and being held hostage. I'll keep you all posted and any comments will be appreciated. Don Edgewood, New MexicoU.S.A.
Jun 11 2004
Fifth Third Bank ripoff - fraudulent billing; abusive and inept customer service; sheer harassment Cincinnati Ohio
I too have been an auto lease customer of Fifth Third Bank. On several occasions they have billed me late fees. I use online banking and sent them proof of when they received the money; but they refused to waive the late fee, because they didn't process it until 11 days later (how convenient, 1 day AFTER the grace period). They told me that I have to account for slow mail....hell, the Pony Express ain't that slow! Recently I decided to purchase my vehicle. They payment was sent in on time. Then I began receiving phone calls that my payment wasn't received. I sent them the information from my online banking to prove that they received the money. Their stupid and inept customer service people were of no help at all. I continued to get daily phones calls from their collections dept, as well as nasty letters from some so-called Vice President for over 6 weeks. The phone calls kept getting worse and worse.....more threatening and abusive with each one. They threatened my credit report, lawsuits, reposession, etc. I finally found someone in Customer Service to speak with me and she was able to track down the problem.....they posted the payment to the wrong account. DUH!!! that's what I've been telling them for 6 weeks!!!! I am contacting my attorney to see what can legally be done. I also intend to contact the Missouri Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau. I will NEVER, EVER do business with Fifth Third Bank again. Philip Lee's Summit, MissouriU.S.A.
May 08 2008
Fifth Third Bank Biggest Liars & Crooks in the Business Cincinnati Ohio
Fifth Third Bank Mortgage Lending Bank in Cincinnati, OH should be blown up....This bank should be ashamed of how they do business. I cannot wait till the day they fold. My boyfriend financed his car loan through them via a Used Car Lot where he purchased his vehicle. Had he known the grief this bank would eventually put him through - I guarantee he would not have chosen them. I know for certain that he will NEVER do business with this bank again after his ordeal over the last few months. His experience - as with others who have had similar experience from reading their Ripoff report - put in his address change on his payment coupon as requested by the bank & has this option on the payment coupon was never changed by anyone at Fifth Third. He then - coincidentally- never received any of his correspondence at his newly changed address from this Lender. He was charged 24 seperate late charges on his loan of which he never knew about because he was never receiving any correspondence from them. Then because of his so-called delinquency on his payments - which I find very strange because all of his payments from what I had seen of his loan payment history - were all made on time or within the supposed 10-day grace period; his interest rate went from 6.? % clear up to almost 11% interest. Needless to say - right before the last payment was made on this auto loan - Fifth Third Bank called after magically contacting his parents for a phone number - said that he still owed a phenemonial amount on this loan. Of course arguing with them did no good - because one morning he went to leave for work *BOOM* his truck had been repossessed by these idiots!! After numerous run-arounds on the phone - and a different amount given of what was owed each time - a payment amount was finally determined. What a HORRIFIC mess it has all been. He also had to drive all the way to Cleveland to retreive his truck & spend even more money - in which he was also lied to about storage fees. He was told no storage fees would be charged for 10 days - NOT TRUE - charged $25/day from the get go. AND GET THIS - even after he paid the amount that FIFTH THIRD said was the payoff amount to get his truck back out of repo - THEY CALLED AGAIN THE VERY NEXT DAY & SAID THAT HE STILL OWED $90.01!! And they wonder why they have so many law suits against them????? No wonder people go bullistic on these companies!!! Yes if there is a Law Firm who would like to take on this case please contact my email account given thru this site or would like to start a Civil Action Lawsuit on behalf of so many other victims of this Ripoff Bank. MY BOYFRIEND OR I OR ANY OF OUR FAMILIES WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CROOKS - EVER!!!! Imagine how this has destroyed his credit which was at a score of over 700 before this whole ordeal. Nancy Lima, OhioU.S.A.
May 28 2008
Fifth Third Bank Excessive interest rates after joining a debt consolidation co Cincinnati Ohio
Wow, I've been reading all of these reports and it is hard to believe this bank gets away with it. First of all I went through a divorce, and I was drowning in payments to creditors. I called a consolidation co, as I didn't want my credit ruined with bankruptcy. The company nogotiated my interest with four debtors, and Fifth Third was one. It was a credit card account with a balance of $990.00. My interest was nogotiated a little different for each debtor but averaged around 8%. the payment for Fifth Third was only a small portion of the actual monthly payment ($32.00). After about 3 months into it, I missed one payment. I called the consolidation co, they said I can make it up the next month. So I did, and continued to make the payments as scheduled thereafter. When finances were better, I began paying $70 a month to Fifth Third (instead of $32) because I noticed the balances were all going down except for Fifth Third. This past week I received a paper statement from Fifth Third showing my balance at $1,011.90. I cannot fathom how it is possible when the original balance (over a year ago) was $990. There has been absolutely no charges made on the account whatsoever. I see on the statement that the interest rate is 24.99%. It all resulted from one missed payment (that I more than made up for) so they raised my interest rate to the max allowable. Talking with the consolidation co, they have no authority with the Fifth Third policies. So I am stuck with this bill that will never get paid off unless I cough up the entire balance. I am not done with them yet though. I may be at fault for missing a payment 9 months ago, but their business ethics are very poor. To top it off, I received a phone call from my ex husband who I gave our house in the divorce. He has not refinanced it yet to get my name off the mortgage (which is another story)--But, in all of the years we lived there, our payments were always on time. During the divorce my ex got behind two payments, and they allowed him to make the regular payments until he got his taxes back and he paid it all up to date if Feb (I saw proof of this). This past week he received a letter from Fifth Third which informed him that the mortgage loan was modified apparently extened to 37 years (from 25) and that he would SAVE $18 a month?? They told him that we signed for this! We in no way signed for anything of this nature. We are divorced, I haven't darkened Fifth Third's doorway for over a year. My ex is flabberghasted, and I can't believe it either. He has all of our paperwork from the original loan, and all of the payment recipts to take in and dispute it. When my ex asked the Fifth Third representative how this could happen without our consent, they said they have our signatures on the papers. He argued it is impossible, neither of us signed for anything! Beside all of that...to modify the loan from 25 to 37 years (which I have never heard of before) would only drop his payment $18?? They must have figured in a hefty interest rate without consent too!! They were supposed to get back to him today after saying they would check into it further, and he heard nothing. So, he is going to call back tomorrow. What a nightmare! Beth Grand Rapids, MichiganU.S.A.
Jun 27 2008
Fifth Third Bank Hardship Program Cape Coral - Could Be Their Corporate Department Florida
Has anyone had experience with Fifth Third's hardship program? I went on the permanent hardship program in early January 2008 and have been getting the run around ever since. It seems they are continually changing their story on this. I am on it for two account. One account I was told I would pay $180 plus a monthly $15.75 processing fee and the other account I would pay $160 plus a monthly $15.75 processing fee, with 0% interest/finance charge, and no other charges would be incurred i.e. late fees, overlimit fees, etc. until the accounts were paid in full. Since then I have been charged monthly on each account 24.99% interest/finance charges, $39 late fees, and $39 overlimit fees. Additionally I keep getting nasty messages on my statement that I need to bring the accounts current. I called them because I noticed they did not take out a recent month's payment out of my checking account has they had every month since January. I was told I was not on the hardship program and I also needed to pay more money for both accounts because it is not enough to bring the account current. The next time I spoke to someone they told me I was on the hardship program but I need to pay more money because I am not paying enough. Additionally this person told me they only way the late fees and overlimit fees, not the interest/finance charges, which are 24.99%. After going back and doing research on all of my accounts since August I called back again and requested copies of all my conversations with them since mid-December 2007. The first person told me that they don't take notes of conversations. When I asked why I hear them typing when we are talking I was placed on hold. They next person I got told me they told me that they could not provide me with information because it is confidential. The next day I received a call from someone and we had a really good conversation. I thought I was being told things honestly. He told me yes he sees that I was placed in the hardship program in January. After explaining how I was told it would occur he agreed and said he would talk to his supervisor and have all of the charges and interest reversed. I provided him with my figures and he agreed with each one. He informed me I need to pay exact money for three months in a row on each account to bring the accounts out of collection and then the amounts would go back to how it was set up in January. I was told I needed the exact amounts because this was a new program and the person that handled my accounts in January did not do it correctly. I explained I did not think I would afford the increased amounts even for three months and I would have to check my finances to see if I could do it. We agreed to speak again in two days at a specific time, with him calling me. That call never occurred, nor did I hear from them/him in one entire week. I called back again and was told he was took off work and completely forgot to call me. Now I am told that the supervisor put in a request to reverse the fees and the difference between 24.99% and 8% but he had not heard back on it so he just put in a second request. I questioned the 8% versus the 0% I was told in January. I was told it was always 8%, which is not what he told me the week earlier. Now he also says I don't need to pay extra for three months on each account, I would have to pay a smaller amount on each account when I pay my next payment and that will bring the accounts current. Additionally I was told it typically takes two to three weeks before I will see the reversal of the fees and I should call back later this month to make sure it happened. Every time I talk to someone it is a different story. Oh, by the way, supposedly all of these individuals claimed they were supervisors because when I called I immediately asked to speak to one. After much run around I would finally get someone claiming to be a supervisor. Has any one had any similar issues? Mckey Cape Coral, FloridaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Fifth Third Bank
Entity: Cape Coral, Florida
Dec 12 2008
Fifth Third Bank Identity theft done by their own workers!! Cicero Illinois
I had receieved a phone call from one of the girls who worked there trying to get me to get a credit card. I told her I did not want. After that conversation a month or two later another girl called me once again i advised I did not want a credit card. She tried telling me how good it was. I told her agian not interested. She then continues to tell mte well if i get it in the mail just to cancel it. I told her again very stern and now upset i did not want it. I then hung up. Several days later I got that credit card i did not want. With a 20,000 limit. SO i called their manger was useless not wanting to help. Called their 800 number spoke with loss prevention who advised me when that girl called in my credit app she said how excited i was which was marked down. At that point i was livid. SO I filed a police report and the manager told the police that he believed his worker over me no matter what proof i provided including witness's. Needless to say I was told by one of their other workers that no one there likes her except the manager casue she gets all these application. BUT she is doing it illgally. Illinois state law says what she had done by getting my credit report and filing the false application to get me a credit card and her a bonus at work is illegal and a class a misdemeanor. To me i see it as Identity theft since i never gave her approval to run my creidt report or file an application I never approved nor did i sign!!! There management even seeing how much money i took out did not wish to do anything including firing her. I had to file a compliant with LISA Madigans office which i was thrown form state to state. At some point the fifth third bank finally contacted me and took that off my credit report and apologized. To me that was not enough the cicero branch where this occured still has never contacted me to tell me what happend after their investigation nor did they ever apoligize. Be ware of their identity stealing employess!!! Rag-k144 cicero, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Cicero, Illinois
Dec 18 2008
Fifth Third Bank Fraud, and Overdraft Fees Cincinnati Ohio
I opened a checking account with Fifth Third Bank August 2008. My experience banking with them was fine until November 2008 when I noticed that my account was overdrawn and I was puzzled. I check on my online checking account statement and realized a few companies I never held of was taking my out my account . I called fifth third bank the tell them about the charges. Their reply was that they was going place a dispute on those items. It been weeks since they placed those disputes and never been resolved. I called them several times and they said that they have replace another dispute. My overdraft fee keep on increasing by the day. I noticed when I put a deposit in my checking account they hold the deposit until my account overdraws and they charge overdrafts fees. Anonymous Columbus, OhioU.S.A.
Dec 18 2008
Fifth Third Bank Holding deposits, overdraft fees, allowing internet companies fraud Cincinnati Ohio
Aug 03 2008
Fifth Third Bank Ten dollars over cost over $300! Kentwood Michigan
Going $10 over my account balance caused an overdraft of $33. The next day I then deposited $200 to bring my account to over $160, and then used my card later that same day, but they insist on having debits post before credits, so they raped me for another $99 in overdraft charges. Then I didn't see this and used my card the next day and got another $99. By the time I went online and realized how this corporation really likes to stick it to the little guys and has no moral values whatsoever I had another $66 in fees. Then I finally dropped $500 into my account to leave me with a balance of $150. There goes my rent. Thanks Fifth Third. You lost another customer. To be honest I was warned about this bank by a friend, but little did I see how they would treat me. I've been a customer for over five years and never had a problem with my accounts. How did they help me? I called on a Saturday and the representative said he would refund $66. But my phone cut out and when I called back there was no record that I called and all they could refund was $33. So they charge me almost $300 and will refund $33. I want to say this clear to everyone who can read: NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK. FIFTH THIRD BANK POLICIES ARE PURELY SET OUT TO CAUSE PAIN TO THOSE WHO HAVE THE LEAST. Michael Kentwood, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Kentwood, Michigan
Aug 04 2008
Fifth Third Bank. sole my home Thompson Station Tennessee
i was late with my mortgage with fifth third bank. i asked for a stay of a few days. the loan officer said yes and then sent me a mailgram and give me one and half hours to come up with the money. i went to her and asked for a reinstatement of the loan and she said you have 30 days to refi. no reinstatement. i had the money and she said you can pay the money but you will have to get refied anyway. (3 months) the fifth third bank gave me the number where i could get refied. that turn out to be a fraud. and so my notes go on. the bank forced me into bankruptcy to save my home. and the bank still harrassed me through the bankruptcy to get my home. . as it has turned out. i had a clause that is in my deed of trust that says i have the right to reinstate. back forth when i had the noney and i was unawares. of that right. until a lawyer pointed that out to me only 10 days ago. now the lawyer that represents the banks says yes you have the right , but the allthe expensifes is now up to 92,000.00! in the beginning, it was only 14,000.00 and we had the noney but they would not let us reinsate. then. i'm sueing this nasty place of condemnation. even if i loose i know i have fought for my rights. the right to reinstate. this bank should be tarred and feathered and hung by it's pitiful neck for all to enjoy. so i have out 80,000.00 dallars that i paid to the bankruptcy court. and the do believe that the bankd hires jerk that know nothing about financies. and know nothing about what their doing their. they just need to get paid and that is what i get from this. they will tell you anything and give you nothing. on a scale from 1 to 10 i will give this bank ..000000000000. Jj thompson station, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: Thompson Station, Tennessee
Jan 12 2009
Third Fifth Bank over draft fees and policies Cincinnati Ohio
Bank account from First Charter was set up with overdraft protection, Third Fifth told me I would have the same account and overdraft, however I found out that I wasn't covered when I had a check bounce. I still don't understand why the check bounced, some charges that I didn't take into consideration, Not only did they not have my overdraft, but they claim that the check was redeposited 4 times with fees for each time, and no payments made. I was out of town when the first issue occurred and called immediately and was told the check was paid, it wasn't, and I within an hour went to the bank to cover the check. Called the people to whom the check was made and no they did not redeposit it, and their policy would only allow it to be redeposited 2 times, so all these fees but a daily fee it unique to Third Fifth. I can not get them to send me copies of any notification that they would not carry my overdraft protection with my account, they refused to let me escalate the issue, and they refuse to do anything about the fees. I also would like to mention that I never agreed to an account with those kinds of fees, I thought I was getting the same account I had with First Charter. The bottom line here is --- are there any class action suits that I can get involved with, this bank is really doing things badly and really needs to be held to some standard of banking as well as customer service. Lynda Kannapolis, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Sep 09 2008
Fifth Third Bank Customers beware of overdraft fee's Clinton Twp Michigan
I am doing this to warn any future customers of 5/3 banks that if you have a checking account with them they will find a way to charge you fee's. I can email any person who wants to see what type of buisness that 5/3 bank does. My complaint is simple at then end of the day my account showed a posative balance and the next day I had a $99.00 over draft fee and when i called the bank they told me that because of pending balance that I can't see that they were going to charge me for items that havn't even hit my account yet. As well as they automatyic take the money without giving me any time to be notifyed. And on top of that they set of chain of events that made my account continiously over draw to soke me for a grand total of $436.00 for charges that totaled to around a hundred. Future customers beware. Jason Clinton Township, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Clinton Twp, Michigan
Sep 04 2008
Fifth Third Bank ruins credit of innocent consumers Cincinnati Ohio
I have always been critical of people who get deep into debt, blaming their own negligence in making payments on time. Now I understand these people if they are victims of Fifth Third Bank. After reluctantly taking out a car loan from Fifth Third Bank, I used my usual practice of paying at least the amount due on or before the due date. Fifth Third has repeatedly delayed processing these payments. I, a respectable citizen with good credit, will soon have a blemished credit due to Fifth Third Bank. Wisconsumer Kenosha, WisconsinU.S.A.
Jan 28 2009
FIFTH THIRD BANK Worst Customer Service Imaginable Mount Holly Nationwide
I have maintained a 5 year auto loan through Fifth Third for over 4 1/2 years with no missed payments and no late payments. The vehicle for which the loan was taken out was recently totaled via rear-end collision. I have gap coverage on the vehicle and fully expected any issues through this transaction to come from the parties who are issuing checks. However, to my amazement and dismay all struggles have come via the lack of effort/follow-up on the part of Fifth Third. Anything I've asked of them through this process has taken just short of an act of Congress to come to fruition. Any time I've asked for any form of documentation I've been hassled and treated as if I'm somehow the enemy. The total loss came at a time when a payment is due. The remaining balance on the account is a little over $3,000. The check coming from the at fault driver's insurance company is almost $10,000 (which by the way they are having a difficult time getting to 5/3 due to a lack of follow-up on requested paperwork). I asked a representative of 5/3 to delay any late fees to allow time for the check from the primary insurance company and the company holding my gap coverage to be processed (about a week). 5/3 has refused. Keep in mind I have never missed a payment or sent one in late. I have literally been yelled at and had 5/3 employees take a belittling tone with me. I understand the legal and moral obligations I have to fullfilling what I agreed to when signing for the loan and have no problem following through. 5/3 is only concerned with collecting as much money as possible through the transaction and has 0.0 percent interest in their customer of almost 5 years best interest. I WILL NEVER EVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS LACK LUSTER DISRESPECTFUL POOR EXCUSE OF AN ORGANIZATION AGAIN AND I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU AVOID THEM AT ALL COST. Frustrated/dumbfounded Mount Holly, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Mount Holly, Nationwide
Jan 23 2009
Fifth Third Bank Outragious overdraft fees accrued from adding on finance charges!! Cincinnati Ohio
I closed my account with 5/3 bank mainly because they are CROOKS! THIEFS! They don't give a damn about their customers, adding OUTRAGIOUSLY high overdraft fees to credit cards that only go over limit because THEY add on the the finance charges that put you over the limit. And when you think it will only get better, it gets worse. They charge you for cash finance charges even if you dont use the option on your account. OH, and when I told them I was closing my account I was informed that I would be charged 2.50 for something random. I HATE 5/3 and everyone who works for them. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Ihate53 Lexington, KentuckyU.S.A.
Feb 21 2003
Fifth Third Bank Rip-off The worst customer service known to mankind Effingham Illinois
Interesting experience. Their website was 3 days off in posting of account transactions. I went into the bank to complain, the lady at the counter looked at me like I was from Mars. Finally they took me in to see the manager. Son you can't depend on the website, you should just use a pencil and paper to keep track of your finances, some people just can't figure out computers. Little did he know that I have a high degree of knowledge and experience with computers, software and the Internet. I've never been treated in such a condescending manner in my life. Of course it's like this throughout the company. They tried to tell me I had to use THEIR deposit slips from their overpriced checks..they needed 3 part slips. How they stay in business is beyond me, when I read the other post here on Fifth Third I had to chime in, yep..same bank RJ Effingham, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Effingham, Illinois
Apr 10 2012
Fifth Third Bank Terrible HSA, DO NOT OPEN AN HSA ACCOUNT Internet
Here is the body of a letter sent to Fifth Third Bank describing my unfortunate and frustrating experiences with Fifth Third Bank HSA. The most recent is the institution's mistakenly designating my account as a FAMILY account rather than an INDIVIDUAL account. This is totally absurd because I have never been married and I have no children, so there is absolutely no possible way that I would have designated myself as a family account. Because of Fifth Third Bank's error, I ended up over contributing to my account in 2011, and now face possible penalties from the IRS. I am ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS! Fifth Third Bank's poorly constructed website makes absolutely NO INDICATION WHATSOEVER as to whether an account is a family account or an individual account. NO INDICATION! If Fifth Third Bank had internal checks in place, it would have noticed that I am SINGLE with NO DEPENDENTS and NO BENEFICIARIES. Why would someone SINGLE with NO DEPENDENTS and NO BENEFICIARIES have a FAMILY plan??! Because of the website's poorly constructed user interface, Fifth Third Bank's lack of internal checks, and the insufficient training of Fifth Third Bank's representatives, there was no way for me to catch Fifth Third Bank's error. However, a Fifth Third Bank representative had the perfect opportunity to inform me of Fifth Third Bank's mistake in early 2011 when I called up to verify the maximum contribution allowed. My understanding was that an individual's maximum was about $3,000 but your website was showing that I had a maximum nearly twice that amount. When I told the representative that I thought the maximum contribution was about $3,000, she should have told me that the lower level was for INDIVIDUALS and the maximum appearing on my profile was for a FAMILY. But she did not, even though my profile clearly shows that I am SINGLE WITH NO DEPENDENTS AND NO BENEFICIARIES. I guess she wasn't trained to put two and two together. She just told me what was showing in my account profile was the correct maximum amount. And again, there is NOWHERE on the website that indicates what the family/individual status of the account is SO THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT FIFTH THIRD BANK MISTAKENLY DESIGNATED MY ACCOUNT AS A FAMILY ACCOUNT. It was not until AFTER I made a $6,000 contribution for 2011 that I found out my legal contribution limit was only $4,050. When I called up to find out why my maximum was listed as over $6,000 on Fifth Third Bank's website, I was finally told that I had a family account. The representative has since corrected it, but still, THERE IS NOWHERE ON THE WEBSITE THAT SHOWS WHAT MY ACCOUNT STATUS IS. Furthermore, the damage has been done and it will cost me in IRS penalties even though it was Fifth Third Bank's negligence. This experience was on the heels of another bad experience with Fifth Third Bank's customer service a year earlier when I made a deposit into my Fifth Third Bank HSA. After the ~$3,000 deposit was transferred from my bank account to my Fifth Third Bank HSA, I noticed about a third of the amount was not showing up on the website. Ultimately, it turned out that my maximum transfer setting, or something like, was set below $3,000 so part of the money went into another deposit category. It took many months and much back and forth with Fifth Third Bank before an HSA representative figured out what happened and how to get the funds back in my account and available to me. It was actually a very simple fix, but more than one of Fifth Third Bank's customer service representatives couldn't figure it out so it dragged on for MONTHS. Then there are other minor ways that Fifth Third Bank's customer interface is frustrating. For example, the Contribution Correction form that I now have to fill out to correct the Fifth Third Bank error I described at the beginning of this letter, asks for the account number. I looked on the website for my account number, but it is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND (sound familiar?). Turns out your website presents the account number as the Employer Employee ID but Fifth Third Bank's forms ask for an Account number. Please tell me how a Fifth Third Bank HSA customer is supposed to know that the Employer Employee ID is the same as the Account number? I didn't want to make an assumption and put an incorrect number on the form and then fall into yet another Fifth Third Bank morass. Then, of course, I had the displeasure, ONCE AGAIN, of sitting through Fifth Third Bank's phone systems LONG list of automated choices before I could speak to a representative and then give every single bit of personal ID information under the sun before I can actually ask where to find my account number on the profile.
Entity: , Internet
Jan 22 2009
Fifth Third Bank Shocked, Frustrated, Exhausted customer/shareholder Columbus Ohio
Anyone know how to get this to a 53 Executive who cares about their company? Dear David Call, I have been a 53 customer since 1992, and a Private Banking client since 1998. 53 has been my primary bank for aprox. 16 years. It has generally been a pleasant experience. In March of 2007 my identity was compromised, and a expensive fraud occurred. I am fairly comfortable that I was made whole after this horrible experience. Life went on and slowly my 53 life regained normalcy. Then my Private banker (who I had established a good business relationship and subsequently a strong friendship) was ask to retire . I was then assigned to his assistant . After that point I always felt a feeling of neglect to the point of being a burden on the 53 private banking sector. I was patient and assumed it was communication frustration resulting from new procedures. I had previously become comfortable with the protocol in which my activities were handled by my Private Banker. I am being expelled from the bank effective 1/30/2009. My current Private Banker has been unwilling to give me a contact email, name, or number of a/the customer relations executive at 53 bank. During my 16 year relationship with 53 I have always been a simple checking depositor earning aprox.1.3% interest with average balances in the 300K to 500K range. My questions/ comments to you: 1) Did deposits become so unimportant that I was not worthy of being assigned a new private banker after mine was retired . 2) Could my expulsion demand have also been motivated by the fraud I experienced. I leave the bank as demanded 1/30/09. As a shareholder ,My concern now is from an experienced customer perspective. Please, please contact me email jenex@me.com. I came upon this site , and thought you might be helpful. Before my transition, I have many unresolved issues; which my current 53 contact has made it nearly impossible to resolve. I can share numerous correspondence which will support my frustrated /exhaustion. I thank you in advance Cc landers columbus, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Columbus, Ohio
May 29 2009
Fifth Third Bank predatory foreclosure release lein contractor felony florida Cincinatti Ohio
Royal Crown Bank, now bought out by Fifth Third (with Fifth Third handling the account now and making decisions influencing the account) loaned us money to have a house built in July of 2005. In March and April of 2007, with the house still unfinished, our contractor made three withdrawals from the account and spent none of it on the house itself. He was ultimately caught, and convicted, but the $80,000 he stole left the project in a red tape nightmare. He was convicted of Grand Theft in August of 2008. He left only the last draw money (about $25,000) in the account, in effect emptying it. The house was unfinished, and between the liens, criminal investigation of the contractor, and the emptied account, we were left more or less unable to ever move into the home. We'd have to pay out of pocket to finish off the house, and were not allowed to explore using the remaining money to put towards the completion of the house. Fifth Third rejected that. They agreed however, to put the home up for Short Sale, which we did. The property attracted attention, a lot of it, but they rejected every offer made (most by simply not responding to them). The worst of it was the bank not responding to a $220K cash offer on the property shortly after it hit the market. All told, they rejected or ignored almost twenty offers and declined helping us wash our hands of a property marred by contractor fraud and get some money for themselves. The aftermath turned up an interesting bit of particpation in the thievery by Fifth Third/Royal Crown. The last three draws made by the crooked contractor resulted in his convictions. The second and third felonious draws were made without Fifth Third/Royal Crown getting a relase of lien from the workers who had been on the property, as they are required to do. Had they done it, the contractor would have never tied the house up with red tape. He'd have been caught before the major damage was done to the account and to the property. Fifth Third/Royal Crown for their part, have simply ignored the information which includes verifiable proof that they failed to do their required parts in working with a contractor. Taking a loan from this institution would be ridiculously stupid, and if anyone knows what agency to report them to, I'd gladly do it. It's been a pain in trying to find the appropriate agency who could investigate them, which is at this point what I'd like to see happen. Their actions coupled with their refusal to do anything about their blatant disregard for the policies related to construction loan add up to predatory foreclousures in my book, which is what they are threatening to do at this point. We want this off our records, but have found that without their acceptance of a short sale, we've got only bankruptcy to explore. Seems to be a bitter fate to suffer, considering they allowed the blatant theft of $80K from our account. Benjamin Port St. Lucie, FloridaU.S.A.
Feb 08 2009
Fifth Third Bank truth in lending... not when greed is involved Daly City California
I have been dealing with this bank since October. Thinking I was going to be receiveing my title to my truck I instead got a repo man. Customer service has been rude and will not answers any questions stating that they don't have the orginal contract in front of them to answer my questions and then give me another number to call, and they gives me the same answer, although they have some parts of my loan info since they quote me numbers. When I received my history I called and finally got it put on the disputes review. I talked to a lady there and once again got the run around of not having the orginal contract in front of her so she couldn't tell me the reason why my fixed rate had become a variable rate. Instead of doing her job and looking into why I was ? the loan, which would of been just a matter of getting my orginal agreement, she instead sends it to collections again, and to be repossed again...isn't customer service suppose to be service for the customers?? How would you all like it if someone treated your mother that way. I would hope you have enough respect for her to care, cause you sure have none for anybody else. Well I have my orginal loan agreement it states that on Dec 19,2002 I financed 35386.52 at an apr of 6% fixed rate with finance charge of 6741.28, for total of 42127.80e, monthly payments of 638.30, for number of payments 6(e). I am assuming this is six years. And through all my conversations with cutomer service I have argued that my loan was to be paid off in 66mos and they have told me no it was 72 mos. Yes that is correct but what happens with the extra 70.04 i make a month. which would make the loan paid off in march 2008. And according to my loan history they sent it has the term at 72 months with a interest of 4.9% and now the interest is 11.9% Reason being that they state my account has been late since 12/06, after I called in Jan 07 twice to make sure my acount was up to date and paid 811.73 to do this. It clearly shows that i would pay the extra amt of money if I was a month late for the late fees t/o my loan history. Which i really don't believe was necessary since i was alreeady paying extra.. So to date I have paid 43536.86 and fifth third wants 3506.43+ to pay off this loan. Can they possibly expect this when it seems to me that they are just changing the loan #'s as they go. If they can't explain things to me by simply getting out the original loan agreement, then I simply can not bring myself to give them one more dime of my hard earned money. Jj daly city, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Daly City, California