GEICO Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Geico

There may be more reports for "Geico"

For more results perform a general search for "Geico"

Showing 26-50 of 643 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Geico"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Mar 18 2013
Geico Unfortunate car accident, Internet
On March 6, 2013, my 16 year old son's Mazda Miata was struck from behind by an HHR. I notified Geico, the insurance company of the HHR driver. They gave me an adjuster name and phone number.  The other party never notified Geico. I was in contact with them daily, because I needed a rental car. There is a reason that my son has a car. They contacted me on the 12th and stated they spoke to the witness. But it would be another 5 days before I could get a rental car, because they had to give their insured more time to respond. Today is the 18th, they said I could have a rental car (keep in mind this is now 12 days later) and to contact the rental car company. I did this. Well, guess what? It is Spring Break and they will not have any cars until the 19th. The appraiser has even called to look at the car, but hasn't yet.  I can not believe a company this big would not be able to give me a car until they could figure out what happened with their insured driver.
Apr 08 2014
GEICO Homeowners Insurance Ripoff Omaha Nebraska
Had homeowners insuranc e with GEICO.  Only had one claim due to Hail storm in May 2013.  GEICO sent policy renewal raised premium by 237% (about $5,000) to over $8,000.  Also, raised wind and hail deductable to over $11,000.Because of claim other insurance companies will not write me until May 2015.  Becasue the insurance is in the month mothly mortgage payment my mortgage payment will increase by over $600. GEICO should be avoided, do not use this company.  Thye will take complete advanof you.  RIP-OFF
Entity: Omaha, Nebraska
Aug 21 2015
Geico Their typo cost me $2000. Nationwide
 I had been using Geico for my car insurance when I moved across town to a new home. I updated Geico with my home address, but when they updated my record in their computers, they omitted a number from my street address. Unbeknownst to me, they send you a letter when you move that essentially says We heard you moved, we are sending this to your new address. If you receive it, let us know it is your correct address. If you don't receive it, let us know your correct address. But since they were mailing it to the wrong address, I never received it to tell them they had the wrong number of my address. They continued to charge me automatically deducted premiums for several months while they received back multiple letters. They claimed to have called but I never received any messages from them even though they had the correct number. Fast forward to several months later when someone speeding down the interstate slams into me. I call to have my insurance company fight it out with their insurance company and I am told that my insurance has been cancelled because they could never verify my address that THEY wrote down incorrectly. Even though they had just deducted my premiums so I was unaware there was a problem. And the other insurance company refused to pay because the owner of the car/insured person wasn't DRIVING the car so I had to pay $2000 just so I could get to work. I filed a complaint with the California Insurance Department about what they had done and eventually Geico came through and backdated my insurance coverage so they would fight with the other parties insurance to finally take care of my car repairs but I am disappointed that this is how they treat service members and had I not filed a complaint, they would get away with this.
Oct 18 2015
Jun 04 2016
GEICO Abandoned me in a claim Nationwide
After GEICO had taken my insurance premiums for 19 years, when the money wes to go out instead of in, they DENIED the CLAIM and left me holding the bag.  They have since accused me of insurance fraud and Arson.  Arson on a situation that they held no insurance on.  Nor did they investigate the claim.  Plain and simple they have chosen to fight the claim as a result, I can sue but only if I have enough money to buy a lawyer capable of winning.  I have a choice of throwing the $30,000 away already spent or putting more money into the case, which will have to be borrowed money.  I am a 71 year old veteran fighting a company that says they have a 97% acceptance rating.  Now ask yourself, does an insurance company with a 97% acceptance rating actually deny a claim over a policy bought on line, and because when he phoned GEICO to give them the final information to fulfill the contract, he answered all questions truthfully and never was he asked if the RV was 'REBUILT'.  The sole reason they could give or have ever given was the RV, a fifth wheel had an electrical fire, in the nose causing wiring to be burn in the nose.  An RV Tech was called in, made the needed repairs and the RV Became not a salvage but a Rebuilt.  Keeping in mind the RV Fire was in the nose of the RV, the damage which was done on my accident was 37 feet behind the fire and it was body damage,  a sub frame shifted and slid sideways.  This damage was not fire related in any way.  But in order to evade payment, they denied the claim.  The one thing I detest more than any other is GEICO after 19 years of being on the payments coming in, they run when the payments go outward.  GEICO had the audacity to ask me why I did not renew my policy!  Would you have renew your policy of 19  years over a loss of $30,000?
Dec 11 2016
Geico 15 minutes could cost you double Nationwide
I called Geico about their constant advertising 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance, and their follow-up campaign everybody knows that. I called and got a ridiculously high quote. My next call was to Liberty mutual and the insurance I boughtfrom them is costingme HALF the Geico quote.I did not appreciate the time lost on the phone based on FALSE ADVERTICING.
Aug 09 2004
Geico ripoff Fredricksburg Virginia
I wrecked my car and it was towed to a storage yard. Insurance adjuster went to storage and had my vehicle moved to a salvage yard without my permission with all my personal items still in it. All my items were stolen and Geico refused to pay for any of it. They just rip people off because they can. They could afford to pay us more if they didn't have that little lizard on the tv all the time. Dee Etown, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Fredricksburg, Virginia
Jun 11 2015
GEICO I got the shaft macon Georgia
About a month ago, I applied online for a job with GEICO because they advised they were hiring 200 individuals in the Macon area.  Five days lter, I was contacted by phone to come in for an interview on May 20. I took the day off from my surrent job at the time to pursue this job opportunity because, there was more money and it was closer to my home. Upon arriving at the interview which might I add was an all day process, myself and as many as 30 other people were shifted from room to room, going to various interviews and completing tests. At the final part of my day, i was instructed to go to the claims department and meet with a supervisor there. She was very nice to me and asked me questions about my work ethic and then she had me to wait in the break area to meet with a floor manager. After about 30 minutes, I met with the floor manager and he was verynice. After he asked me a series of questions, he offered me the job verbally and on paper. I signed the offer, shook his hand and went back to the first claims supervisor's desk. There she gave me some paperwork that I completed including the date and time that I was to show up for my first day of work (June 1). After this was complete, I went back downstairs to the desk area and waited for the nurse in the infirmary, that was going to conduct a drug screening. The nurse advised me that she would be cutting a little of my hair for the test which was fine with me. She opened the envelope for my sample and showed me nothing was on the inside, cut a lock on my hair and sealed the envelope. After I signed the envelope and verified the letters on it were the same as the authorization paper that I had. I returned back to work the next day and advised my employer verbally and on paper that I would be resigning from my current job at that time. A few days later (May 26) the health services manager at GEICO called me and advised me that he had to pull my application because of a positve finding on my drug screening. Might I add, I don't do any type of illegal drugs and I never have. My former job that I had was a govenrment job in which random drug tests were conducted and I had never tested positve before. I asked the health serivces manager at GEICO, if there was anyone else that I could speak with anout the finding. He gave me the number to the lab and I called and left a message. THe next day, I spoke with a nurse int he lab about my situation and she advised me that I would have to speak with the doctor about the finding because, it was like a trace and the doctor and I could talk about any painkillers that it could have possibly been taking that were in my system. I never spoke with the doctor ( she never ever called me back) and it was almost impossible to speak with a warm body at GEICO. My thing is, I don't know if the nurse in the infirmary had been cutting hair with the same scissors all and they were possibly contaminated, i;m not sure how many other people may have gotten a positive reading this same day, and the health services manager also advised me that It was GEICO's policy to pull applicants that have a positive finding without restesting them which I did not find this policy anywhere in the manual. If I used drugs or had used drugs, I wouldn't be as adamant about this claim as I am but I need help. I was unable to revoke my resignation at my former job, so as of May 29, I was totally unemployed. I thought I did things the correct way, but I need help in knowing where do I go from here? Even if I don't get a job with GEICO. that's fine with me. I just want to clear my name.
Entity: macon , Georgia
Mar 06 2003
Geico rip-off deceptive company Sarasota Florida
When I called Geico for a quote on bare minimum coverage for my state I was given one and proceeded to purchase over the phone. When I received my policy in the mail there was a revised dollar amount of $100.00 more give or take a few dollars. When I inquired as to the difference they justified the difference by informing that although bodily injury wasn't required by law that it would be in my best interest to have it in case of an accident regardless of who would be at fault I would risk getting my license suspended if at the time of the accident I didn't carry bodily injury. After this information I didn't negate the coverage and they kept the dollar amount difference. Some time later a woman crashed her car into mine knocking me into incoming traffic and a result my car sustained substantial damage, however, Geico proceeded to pay for this woman's damage as well. I was outraged! They received a police report stating the witness' account showing her to be at fault. I asked what the reason behind their logic was and the agent proceeded to tell me that because I had no bodily injury coverage that they paid so as not to draw a red flag and risk me having my license suspended. My first response was of course I have bodily injury and explained their conversation of record regarding justification for the increase in the policy amount. He said that that wasn't his department and that this was a decision based on his discretion for the circumstances. Of course upon inquiry of who to speak to so this could be remedied turned into a game of phone tag and a lot of the passing the buck mentality. Now because of this payment for this woman's car damages my rates have skyrocketed and there is not a da*n thing I can do about it except let others know. Judith Sarasota, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Sarasota, Florida
Jul 25 2000
GEICO Direct
Geico failed to file the forms required by the state of South Carolina and my license was suspended. I notified Geico three different times regarding this particular situation and they did not submit the form that the state sent them. I had never had a laps in my coverage, so there was no reason for them not to fill out the form confirming my coverage at the time of an auto accident in November of 1999. I have since cancelled my policy with Geico, but they have yet to send the form to have the suspension on my license lifted. I contacted Geico by phone, mail, fax and internet. I need something to be done about this or I will not be able to get the suspension lifted. When I contacted them today, the people said that they had no record of me sending any correspondence to them either from mail, phone, fax or internet. I also received a letter from Geico dated July 19, 2000 stating that my license had been suspended and that they could not continue coverage of my vehicle until the suspension was lifted. I cancelled my policy on July 3, 2000. I was also not aware that Geico had not filled out the third form I had sent them in February 2000, regarding them confirming my coverage in November of 1999. So, I was also not aware that my license was suspended. I contacted the S.C. Department of Public Safety and they said it was because they had never received the form from my insurance company that they had requested that would confirm my coverage as of the accident. I have tried since November of 1999, and now I have done all I can do. It was up to Geico to fill out the form, and they did not do it. I mailed them the original form, I faxed two copies to them and now I have had it. What am I supposed to do in order to get this situation fixed.
Aug 04 2017
Geico Selling info for extended car warrenty Nationwide
 I keep getting calls for car warrenty. The warrenty on your 2014 challenger is about to expire. I took me a long time to figure this out. This is my daughter's car. My name is not on anything. But i carried it on my insurance for a while.. It had to come from Geico no other answer.
Aug 31 2000
GEICO Insurance thinks we can't do SIMPLE MATH!!!!!
After being saturated with the multiple GEICO advertisements (both on TV and in our mailbox), my husband and I thought, Hey, why not make that 15 minute call that could save us as much as 40% on our automobile insurance? DONT WASTE YOUR BREATH!!!!!!! My husband spent much longer than 15 minutes on the phone with a GEICO representative going over all the details. Currently we spend approximately $1300 a year on our insurance for our two vehicles. For the SAME, EXACT coverage GEICO quoted my husband a price of about $800. My husband repeatedly asked the representative if this coverage was for a year. And repeatedly he was assured that it was coverage for a year. Being a CAUTIOUS and EDUCATED consumer, my husband said he wanted to think about it and would call them back in a few days. He called back and went over each and every item on our State Farm coverage so we would have the same coverage with GEICO. Again he was quoted a little over $800 for a year's coverage. That was a $500 savings. Sign us up!!!! Thank goodness we didn't cancel our coverage with State Farm. . . we were in the reinstatement phase! When we received our policy from GEICO. . . guess what? The $800 was for a 6 month premium!!!!! Not for a year! So, we would be paying $1600 a year for GEICO. Do they think we are that stupid? Upon opening that policy, my husband immediately called, only to be told that he must have misunderstood the quote. I won't write what he told GEICO, but after a few phone calls, we received our money back. . . short $30 for the coverage of a few days they claim we had. We have since written to them providing th
38, Report #192642
May 22 2006
Geico ripoff steamroll Macon Georgia
A not so funny story here. On may 4 2006 a 23 yr old girl thought it was a good idea to leave a party in new orleans DRUNK and DRIVE home. At 3:30 am she passed-out at the wheel and rear-ended me at over 100 mph. The 2001 nissan altime that I had bought 5 weeks earlier was a total loss So the geico machine cranks-up the steam roller. I go thru the first adjuster quickly (he was very pleasant) but he could not authorize the payment for my car. So he sends the case to macon ga. The new adjuster says I should be happy that I'm only going to lose $2100. That I will be free of the monthly payment. Odd that the actual value of the car was $2500 more than she claims. So we talk (argue) for a week, then no word for a few days, my note comes due and like a responsible person , I pay it. SAME DAY I get a call from her (at 4:45 pm) saying I know youre still paying the note on the car. Wouldnt it be better to take my offer and be free of the note? I refused. She came up $800 and I yet refused. I now have the car in my front yard with GEICO DOES NOT PAY written ont the windows. I am also fixen to take out half page ads in every news-paper that I can afford and tell the tale. If a man twice my size had spoke to me in the same manner I would have to do my best to help him spit teeth. WHY SHOULD I LOSE $2 GRAND OVER A DRUNK DRIVER ? Jerry picayune, MississippiU.S.A.
Jun 28 2004
GEICO ripoff Woodbury New York
Listen UP! The truth of the matter is, GEICO is the biggest user of Credit out of the BIG 5 Insurance companies..... They use it for up to 35% of thier underwriting criteria in most states that they run credit in....... they also run credit hits w/out permission in a lot of cases through transunion***Its a shame that credit is used to determine a rate even for the most responsible drivers but alas' thats what GEICO is helping to make a reality... The company also will hold against you any occurance information you give them for a quote even if it turns out not to show up on your reports when they are ran!!!.....there is more but these are two things to be leary of when shopping with them, at least Progresive is up front with thier credit checks before you give any information.... Natize huntington, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Woodbury, New York
Jun 26 2009
GEICO LIE TO YOUR FACE! FREDERICKSBURG Virginia
What a group of morons! I called Geico to cancel my policy as I found a better option yesterday. I was assured by the represenatative that the policy was cancelled and that I did not have to worry about any more payments to Geico. Oh boy, I was wrong. They drafted a double payment. I contacted my bank whom I will keep out of this. They told me to contact Geico. I did that indeed. The represenatative, another one as bright as a dark room told me that they would only refund $300 on July 8, 2009. I was like. WTF! in a nice way. I called my bank to ask if they could reverse the charge. They indicated since it was pending that they could not provide that option. I then called Geico back and stated that what they were offering was not acceptable. I asked what they could do. They said they could offer a refund. However, I would have to wait until Tuesday. I said that was not acceptable. I requested a supervisor. Another brilliant one gets on the phone. All he could do was say how sorry he was that I was given incorrect information. All I can say is that if companies want to lie to you in the face. Simply do it in the beginning. I'm waging war against this farce. I've already filed a complaint with the BBB. I had no idea how many complaints were against them in this site. You would have better luck with the keystone cops than this outfit. Dredo558 Baltimore, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia
Nov 11 2014
Geico Auto Insurance Geico Geico Insurance Policy is Useless! Los Angeles Nationwide
I have been a Geico Auto Insurance policyholder for many years, I had chosen Geico because they seemed to have the best prices for coverage offered. Coverage means nothing if you cannot use it. I had purchased full coverage for my car several years ago, I have not had any accidents till last year when someone rear ended my vehicle, the driver had insurance, thankfully. His insurance accepted full responsibility for the damage as I was told by Geico. The Geico call center reps are all very kind and helpful, but once you have to deal with Geico employees directly that will ALL Change! My first contact was with an adjuster who took the physical report on the damage after my first accident was extremely difficult and has a very unhappy disposition. Even though Geico would not be paying for the damage the claims adjuster was extremely difficult to work with and not helpful at all, each contact with him became increasingly challenging. Geico wants you to have any work done to car at one of their contracted services centers and if you do not want to utilize them I found that Geico suddenly stops all assistance with your vehicle damage and support of your claim. Now, flash forward one year later after my car is completely repaired. My car is vandalized while parked on the street in front of my house. Now this time Geico treats me like a criminal when I report the incident. Investigations and interrogations as if I had committed a heinous crime. The investigator for Geico reads me my rights and asks me to provide my statement under oath while being recorded. Seriously this happened and I have it all electronically recorded. Since when did Geico become law enforcement agents? So, knowing what I do about this ridiculous and insulting situation I decide to record the investigator as well. He made several errors in his investigative interview of myself so of course I had to correct him numerous times due to his getting facts confused and his line of questioning having little cohesiveness. He kept trying to tell me that the damage to my car occurred during separate incidents. How would he know this unless he was the one that did the crime? And lets not forget this either, why would I damage my newly repaired vehicle and have to go through this arduous process again?!?Regardless here is the issue with Geico. If you pay for certain types of coverage be well aware they will not honor their end of the deal if they have to pay out for the damage themselves even if they are not the responsible party they will not treat you well at all. Add Insult to Injury and this is what you will get from The Geico Insurance Company. You will be left to prove your innocence as if you are a hardened criminal and of course left feeling like you have been injured not Once but Twice after working with Geico Insurance. This has been a disgusting process and I will certainly continue to broadcast the issue so others will not be tricked into thinking they will be getting what they pay thousands of dollars for when signing up for a Geico Insurance Policy.
Jun 18 2015
GEICO GEICO IS A RIP OFF INSURANCE COMPANY GEICO LIES AND RIPS OFF CUSTOMERS Brooklyn New York
GEICO is a huge rip-off, they have innocent commercials but lie to their insured customer, disconnect calls intentionally and hike rates without notification. After speaking with an agent for over an hour, they promised to back date an insurance policy that they failed to notify was expiring.  Then the agent disconnected me and I found myself speaking with someone that had no idea what was going on, I then asked a supervisor to help me and he was nasty and refused to honor what was promised. I then asked him to connect me with a manager and he refused.  I had no choice but to accept the insurance policy with a lapse in coverage even though it was GEICOS acknowledged error and admission.  I am going to switch insurance companies the very next renewal that comes up. Their cutesy commercials are deceptive and misleading. They are liars and do not honor their word. Then the supervisor hung up on me.
Entity:
May 25 2010
Geico ins. GEICO company geico insurance company Washington DC geico claims department geico general Ashley Mancin My claim back in 9-27-09 They made my life a living h*ll for what a girl rolls back into me she gets paid within 6 - 8 days and geico is my insurance co. The police did not investigate nor did Geico. Macon, Georgia
I was in the parking lot of the Athens mall and there was a continous turning lane marked very clearly. I had pulled out of a auto shop and seen her sitting about 100 feet from the turning of the continous turning lane. I stiopped behind her 10 to 15 feet her and waited when she finally took off she was out of my line of sight 100ft. I knew this was continous but I been riding since I was 15 and I always look to make sure even though nobody could get in this lane except the people already in it. I glanced left started to let my clutch out as I was turning head back this was only fraction of a second out of my right corner of my eye I saw something I pulled in clutch my feet were still on the ground because I haven't moved yet. I never seen where she came from I was only maybe 6ft away from where I originally was. I felt my bike being pushed left It took all my strengh but I held it up then I was pulled right. It happened so fast I only had time to pull in clutch and hold my bike up it never hit the ground I was still going staight I had not made it near the turn yet. I got home and my wife told me what to do because I had never been in a accident on a bike or a car and I am 54. I could not understand at the time that not just the policeman that did not investigate the accident but was also kind of badgering me about what do you think happened. I told the police and I told Geico I could not even guess without a good day of recoup and studying the marks. It almost got ridiculous on trying to make someone guess or speculate on something I said 100 times I don't know. I did say I knew 1 thing I did not do nothing wrong for I never even made it halfway to where here bumper originally was. Nobody wanted to here that. Never experienceing a accident I thought nothing of it at the time. When the policeman come over to me and handed me a ticket for following to closely I kept saying I did nothing wrong the third time he looked at me and with a mad tone and said and i qoute You hit that girl How could a real police officer make such a stupid comment not only did he not investigate he made at least 15 additional errors! I always say once you start lying you make mistakes boy did he make alot. I told Geico when I got the police report and I e-mailed it right to them. He had where the accident happen wrong not one word that he put for what I said was true but he didn't even have her story right. Plus additional 15 or so other mistakes. I called all the time I told them about the marks only match one way I was backed into the right corner of my bike. Nobody has ever told me how can my bike hit the complete left side of her car and my bike was perfect match for someone pushing bike left as marks started down and went up straight then the other set of marks started sideways from back to front for that when she put it in drive and pulled me forward. Cut and dry not one person ever listened they concentrated on getting me to say I did something i did not. My court date was in 30 days thats how long they would tell me we haven't seen her car yet so we can't make a decision. But I found out in court there whole case was my insurance co. paid her I herd attorney ask her because I was not changing my story I was innocent and still am and can prove it still. I got right on the phone and called Geico and demanded to know when she got paid i told them i already know because of court. Then I was told around 6 - 8 days after accident i was told also it was over $600. And of course over 9months its changed so much maybe 5 different amounts and times and peoples names i never heard of she had at least 4 different adjuster on and on their story was different all the time My case has been opened and closed so many times I lost count. I assure you that there has not been one night I haven't had nightmares. Its crazy now I get a letter on just a letterhead someone threw together because not only wasn't what I said it did not even make sense. Then there is the recorded statement that I wanted to hear and Ashley Mancin said I don't think we could do that over the phone lines and she didn't know being disabled for so long I am a computer whiz and what she was saying was obserd. So she said she would send me a copy after several attempts I finally got the real taped statement which shows I said not one word that they have. So I finally got someone to tell me by accident when I said it was over 50 minutes she said oh no it like 18 minutes that is a doctored up tape. I demanded to hear it of course was refused and still being refused asked for a copy of the 18 minute one I was told I already had it. I even told the lady on the phone listen to the times starting and ending and all she could say was oh she was just wrong reading the time. This is only 1% of hell your Macon office put me through. one more thing I never was given a estimate on my bike. I have to sell my bike right away for the head injury I sustained 13days ago with both hips crushed whole back and my neck is so bad if I think about turning it I get blinding headaches. They pay a girl that is not insured by Geico and I can't get the right medical help because both insurance co. are dragging there feet and I am not happy I now probably never be able to drive again thank you very much
Dec 18 2007
GEICO INSURANCE GEICO MASTERCARD PLACED UN AUTHORIZED CHARGES ON MY CARD WOODBURY NEWYORKWOODBURY New York
I HAVE BEEN A LONG TIME GEICO CUSTOMER THEY ASKED IF I WANTED THE GEICO MASTER CARD AND I SAID YES IT ARRIVED WITH A $500.00 BALANCE WHICH IS USLES TO ME I LEFT THE CARD ON MY DESK NEXT MONTH I GET A BILL GOEICO INSURANCE IS CHARGING MY CARD FOR MY INSIRANCE I CALL THELL THEM I NEVER AUTHORIZED THAT THE CLERK SAYS HE WILL FIX IT I PAY THE CARD OFF (CAUSE I HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE HE WILL DO ANYTHING) SURE ENOUGH NEXT MONTH THER IT IS GEICO INSURANCE AGAIN THIS KEPT UP TILL I FINALLY CANCELLED THE ACCOUNT AT THIS POINYT GEICO INSURANCE SAYS THE SENT ME A CANCELLATION NOTICE FOR MY AUTO INSUIRANCE THEY NEVER DID I THEN HAD TO TURN IN MY PLATEDS TO MOTORVEHICLE CAUSE GEICO TOLD THEM I HAD NO INSURANCE ( THE SECOND TIME SAME COMPANY SAME CAR ) FINALLY GEICO INSURANCE WHO CLAIMS TO HAVE NO CONTACT WITH GEICO MASTERCARD CALLS TO SSAY THEY WIL FINALLY STEEL THIS OUT THEH SAY I OWE NOTHING ON MY CARD ( I NEVER USED IT !)and they are sorry they offer nothing for the 2 weel]ks i was without my card and nothi g for the fees i incurred BUT i gave up tired iof dealing with the lies ......... tofday i recieved a bill from geico master card for my $4 .72 balnce due that now has a $19 .00 late fee and a 4.17 fee for god knows what this uis from merrick bank a famous rippoff company seems geico gave my info to a know problem company and they are at it again they claim they will clear it up before next bill ammusing since i haev no account anymore so why would i get a bill ??? I AM A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER IN NASSAU COUNTY I AM LICENSED BY NASSAU COUNTY IF I PULLED ANY PART OF THIS NONSENSE I WOULD LOSE MY LICENSE ANYONE KNOW OF ANYWAY I CAN GET THEM TO PAY FOR MY TIME TROUBLE AND FEEES BY THE WAY GEICO RAISXED MY RATES CAUSE I DIDNT HAVE CONTINOUS INSURANCE WHER IS THAT GECKO ILL KILL HIM Geico victim elmont, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: WOODBURY, New York
Jan 31 2012
Geico insurance This confirm my claim Internet
As a body shop owner this does not surprise me.  EVERY claim that comes in to my shop from GEICO  is an exercise in utter STUPIDITY!; an non-productive battle consuming time that could otherwise be utilized to SERVE THE CUSTOMER!  Purely opinion, GEICO is thee WORST provider on the face of the planet.  Although, a similar challenge, Safeco and Infinity insurance round out my Top-3 worst insurance companies to deal with.
Jan 31 2012
Geico policy cancelation Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I submitted to Geico an insurance policy and paid in advance. Afterwordsthey said they reviewed my policy and decided to reject my policy. After a month and a half they said my policy was canceled and my money would be refunded. After about a month I called them to ask why the letter proclaiming my cancellation letter did not come with a refund check. They said it was in the mail. It did arrive later. I did not lie about my driving record and I paid 6 mo in advance in the hopes that I would not have to deal with an insurance company any time soon.After calls to the company they reiterated the ending date of my policy and thanked me for doing business with Geico, I let them know that the pleasure was all theirs. I saved $200 by switching to another insurance company for the identical coverage which was minimum coverage required by Florida law.
Entity: Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Jul 18 2012
Geico Geko Ads say 15 minutes may save you 15% Internet
their ads that say you can save  15%, but when you are  a client and have paid premiums for auto insurance, monthly, you are so screwed by these crafty SOB's. I found out the hard way. I was traveling quit a distance from home, (frequently)and did not have automatic payments set up. So when a single payment was a day late, GEICO says they sent me a notice for insurance termination, yeah right. I told them I have not been home for a month.GEICO SAYs to me, don't worry we'll reinstate your insurance. But the cost  of the premium escalated to almost double, because GEICO did some record hunting,(WHY why why)>>> which they never did before on my car insurance.<<<, and they doubled my car insurance to over $1000. So when I found out about their fraudulent way to scrape up more $$$, , I left them for another car insurer for  HALF of what Geico up-charged me for, that's right  50% less. Lesson learned!!!
Sep 03 2010
Geico Cancelled policy after car was taken without my permission Nationwide
I had been with Geico for years because they were the most affordable insurance company I could find until they changed a policy about payment.  They decided that to renew my policy, they wanted a down payment 30 days before the new policy even started.  Of course, I told them where they could stick it and went to their competition.  They hounded me for months trying to get my business back, and after 6 months with another company, they finally came back with a reasonable quote that didn't require an advance down payment. After almost 30 days of having this new policy, my car was taken in the middle of the night without my permission.  The car was found abandoned and towed.  It apparently had been involved in an accident at a convenient store when it backed into the door of another car causing approximatly $500 in damage to the other car, and no claim on mine (needs maybe a small bottle of touch-up paint). Geico then turns around and cancels my policy because the car was in an accident within 30 days of the policy starting.  What???  My car was taken without my permission and they cancel my insurance? Tell everyone you know to not use Geico and if they currently have them, sign up with someone else and cancel their Geico policy before something stupid like this happens to them!
Entity: , Nationwide
Jan 06 2010
Geico Insurance (Auto) Fraudulent Quotes Internet
I have had a policy with Geico for several years. I had called the customer service to receive the cost of adding a new car to my policy with the vehicle ID # and received a reasonable quote and decided to purchase the vehicle the next week. When I called back to add the car, I was surprised with the huge difference in the new price verses the price given 8 days earlier. I was told that the price may change daily and the customer service rep did not save the quote that was good for 14 days. If they would have saved this information, they would consider honoring the quote. I have learned and wanted to help others to know that if you receive a quote to have it in writing or e- mailed to you before making a decision.
Jul 10 2011
Geico Put in payment without my say so Internet, Maryland
So I was looking at my bank statement online yesterday. This has never happened to me before, but guess what? I had $3.89 when I still had a week to go before pay day. I was trying to save up, and I'm trying to pay off my credit card bills after I get some money in savings. Geico had taken $62.75 (or something like that) from my account when I had already paid them for this month and did not authorize another payment transaction. I'm a single teacher so I was mad and terrified at the same time. I called up Geico, and talked to this girl named Heather who told me that I was on automatic payments, and that that was how that came up. She told me that Geico would not refund that payment even though I told her that I would pay that payment immediately on the 15th. I never have and never will authorize automatic payments, and I told Heather this. She got irritated with me on the phone and told me that no one at Geico would have put me in for the automatic payments but myself. I told her that it was not possible that I put myself up for that. I'm always careful not to do that as I need a little cushion to get me through the rest of the month. She also told me that the automatic payment thing had been up since March, but there were never any sudden deductions like the $62.75 I saw. I was seething mad after talking to her so I just got off the phone as quickly as I could. Now I'm going to have to take some of the money out of savings that I just put in for this month. I am soooooo mad!This is not the only time Geico has tried to do something stupid. They have tried to get double payments from me in the past when I paid them during the month until I called them on it. Some man tried to get me to pay more on my mileage once, and when I called him on that he tried to act all innocent. I hate Geico. I'm thinking about switching to Progressive or some other auto insurance company.  If I had enough money to sue them for the misery they have put me through, I would.
Entity: Internet, Maryland