HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Homecomings Financial

There may be more reports for "Homecomings Financial"

For more results perform a general search for "Homecomings Financial"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

26, Report #191519
May 15 2006
Homecomings Financial GMAC ripoff Dallas Texas
Homecomings Financial has alot of hidden fees that they like to charge you with. Homecomings Financial goal is for you to lose your HOME!I have a list of thing that they are doing to use but the list is just to long.Evey thing that has been post is true I know it is becouse it happing to me right now. I want to be apart of any classaction law suite! Email me. Richard Petersburg, VirginiaU.S.A.
27, Report #191246
May 12 2006
Homecomings Financial ripoff Sleepless Nights Dallas Texas
We recently purchased a home through one lending company, and the loan was promtly sold to Homecomings Financial after one payment to the original lender. Since that has occured, we have been told our loan is in DEFAULT and our payments are delinquit. They (Homecomings) claim to have never received their first payment from us. This is 100% incorrect, they were to have received this from the original mortgage co. We have spoken to many differant people from both companies and nobody seams to know anything. We have faxed the copies of the original cashed checks, along with the letters from both mortgage companies, and have still not heard if the situation is resolved. We received a letter that our account was being reviewed and we should receive notice in 30 days. We shall See?? After reading the stories on this site, it is very frightening that this can keep going on and is apparently legal?? This is our first home and it is ridiculous to be treated this way. We have made every payment on time to the directed mortgage company and this is the result?? Denise Dearborn Heights, MichiganU.S.A.
Oct 16 2006
Homecomings Financial ripoff Dallas Texas
these guys are the biggest scammers ive ever dealt with their worst than credit counslers they raised my mortgage and then they tried to play slick and say i owe more than i really do then they try to say they paid my taxes and i owe them when i pay my own taxes beware Jeremiah cinnaminson, New JerseyU.S.A.
Sep 25 2006
Homecomings Financial Fraudulent Credit Reporting Dallas Texas
I have been stuck with Homecomings for almost 2 years now. I have been threatened with foreclosure notices, letters from attorneys and too many harrassing phone calls to mention both at home and at work. This is my story.... I have owned 3 homes in my adult life and have never experienced anything like this. I was a Navy Reservist prior to the attacks of 9/11. A little over a year after 9/11, I was activated to Navy Recruiting duty on a full time basis. I bought a home through a different mortgage company, which was sold to Homecomings Financial. This is where life as a home owner took a turn for the worse. After fighting back and forth with Homecomings for a year I finally had enough and attempted to refinance my home. Upon submitting applications to several reputable mortgage companies, I was denied by all of them due to my recent credit history, which had been ruined by Homecomings. Homecomings had listed my mortgage standing as being over 700 days delinquent. Well, this was quite imposiible, since I hadn't even had the home for 700 days. Since that time, my health has taken a severe decline due primarily to stress to which Homecomings has significantly contributed to. After numerous threats of foreclosure and successfully completing the payment plan to get caught up with my mortgage payment, my interest rate just increased from 9.875% up to 12.875%. I was recently discharged early from the military due to my disabling medical condition. Therefore, I have taken a severe cut in pay and benefits. I recently received a letter from Homecomings which stated that they wanted to help us with our current situation in regards to payments and/or interest rates. I called the number and was told that there was nothing they could do to help me and advised me to get a better paying job or just sell the home. I did not buy this home to move into it and sell 2 years later, so this is out of the question! I make $32,000 a year, I have paid off every creditor I have and am totally debt free with the exception of Homecomings and I still don't bring home enough money to pay my mortgage payment and my utilities. This is totally hidious! Something has to be done with this company as well as others like it. Please contact me with any information regarding a class action law suit against Homecomings. Brent Wetumpka, AlabamaU.S.A.
30, Report #202846
Jul 25 2006
Homecomings Financial ripoff Dallas Texas
Homecoming had us in a repayment plan for a year. All payment were made on time with the exception of the very last. It was 5 days late. Homecomings said they would no longer adhere to the agreement and to retain my house I must come up with $29K. We had some family medical problems and the money was just not there. We tried several times to come up with a plan. Homecoming was determined to foreclose. In the last 4 months I have had to talk to 5 different people with Homecomings, only to fined out that the previous person no longer worked with Homecomings and they could not honor previous agreements. Over the past year we paid $31K and not a sent went to principle. Homecomings had $15K stored in escrow account and when I complained about that it disappeared. They charge me for insurance they said I didn't have and I did the whole time. I have home owners insurance with State Farm. They sent proof, I sent proof. Homecomings would continually loose the FAX even though I had a confirmation of receipt. This is and example of big business doing what ever it wants. Homecomings has foreclosed on me. I am at a loss. I have 2 new cars and the rest of my credit is good. You cannot win or even stay alive when the situation is unfair. Jake Cary, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Nov 02 2006
Homecomings Financial Mortgage Company - GMAC company ripoff Dallas Texas
This company is ripping off millions of people and a class action suit is hard to file because they are sly about it and ripping people off in different ways. A class action is the same type of thing over and over. We have had issues with homecomings since day one on our home loan. It was supposed to be a fixed rate after one year, its not it's an ARM loan, we were paying for disability insurance on our loan and when I was ill for several months and off work and tried to use it we were told we didn't have it. During that time we anticipated our payment being late and contacted them and was told don't worry you can pay extra for a couple of months and get it caught up or we can just add it to the end of your loan two months later we tried sending them a payment with what we thought the agreement was and they refused the payment and started foreclosure on us. We contacted them and after raising much hell they offered us this so called forbearance plan. We have paid them over 10,000 in one year and this month ends our original agreement with them or so we thought now they say we must come up with 4000 or sign another agreement. We have paid every payment on time during this agreement and even paid extra to have it overnighted to them. Upon reviewing our credit report, they never reported the agreement or brought our loan up to date it list it as we have been in foreclosure for over a year...this has absolutely devastated our credit score. We are now stuck with them because no other lender will touch us with what they have reported..lies, lies,lies. This company should have to refund all these poor peoples money and be shut down. What makes it really sad is our home has been totally remodeled to make it handicap accessible for our daughter and they are trying there damnest to take that away from her. I will fight these guys tooth and nail until the bitter end, I just wish we could all fight them together. I have been advised by several attorneys to notify my local attorney general. If everyone would do this maybe something would get done. Lets join forces and get these crooks. Loretta Greenville, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Dallas,, Texas
Sep 28 2006
Homecomings Financial ripoff Dallas Texas
My nightmare started when my husband was off of work for 6 months on medical leave. I called homecomings to let them know our situation and that we where having problems with the payment because we where waiting for my husbands benefits to start. They told me that we where not far enough behind on are payments to help us, I told them I was trying to avoid getting behind that is why I was calling. Once we did get far enough behind they told us they would stretch our areage over 3 months, and this would raise our payment, My husband was still on medical leave we could not afford the regular payment let alone there way of helping is to make it bigger. We kept paying as much as we could, I called them again, they said they would send me out a packet of the different programs they offer to help out in our situation. Once they found out about my husbands 401k that is all they would talk with me about, I told them we could not take out from it on under hardship. The rep told me they would let us take out from the 401k with the letter that he was going to send. It was notice of forclosure, I flipped, I could not believe that this was there way of helping out in a time when they knew we where trying our hardest not to get behind. We took a hardship withdrawl from out 401k to get it out of forclosure. Next thing we know we are being told we owe more money then what we had already paid. They began forclosure again, we called an attorney and filed bankruptcy. When we where allowed to start making our payments again, the first time I called it was 1,456.00. The next month when I called to pay it the rep told me that the person I had spoken with last month made a mistake and our payment is 1,553.00 I paid that too, I called again the next month to make our payment that rep argued with me because he said we owed 1,760.00 this time. I told them how is this possible every month our payment is going up, we are paying 1,760.00 for an 145,000.00 loan, it makes no scense. Well since we had filed that bankruptcy under chaper 13 we are living on a budget, but not one that accounts for hundreds of dollar increase every month. No one could keep up with that. My attorney went to court to answer their claim to lift the stay off the forclose. This is the deal breaker,, hold on to your seatsm,,. We have to pay a total of 3,331.61 A MONTH FOR THE NEXT SIX MONTHS they sat our regular monthly payment was supposed to be 1,895.00 a month so they went back and charged us at that payment plus attorneys fees late fees what not. I called our attorney and told him we give up, they can take it. I just wish that someone would do something to stop this kind of practice. These people are messing with families lives. This is not just a house to us but it is our home and we have to leave it eventually, because some blow hards in texas would not help us from the start. They where out to get us and they did. I hope above all hope that someone will read this and do something to help us and to put this company out of business. Forget Enron and hewlett packerd go after these companies that are screwing everyday people!! Margaret North Canton, OhioU.S.A.
Jan 27 2005
Homecomings Financial ripoff! Dishonest billing! Minneapolis Minnesota
Hello, I am responding to all the reports I have just read on Homecomings Financial. I don't know what made me look this site up, I just did. I am shocked at how many complaints have been made against this company. I'm glad I am not alone and that there are several people out there going through the same thing I am with Homecomings Financial. The reports I have read are so similar to my own situation. I was never in my life late on a house payment,as this was always the first bill that was made know matter what. I have never struggled with any other mortgager in the 20 years I have lived in this house. But now my husband is very ill and I am the sole provider for my 4 children and I.My oldest daughter works 2 jobs and babysits to help me make ends meet, but still find it hard to keep up. In september I fell 2 months back on my payments. Homecomings Financial called me every day, even on Sunday nights at 9pm. Never giving me a minutes rest.They even called me at work harassing me there when I am trying to do what I can to get them paid. It got to the point when I had to tell the kids not to even answer the phone any more without checking the caller id first. I called several help organizations, but no one could help. I tried to call Homecomings several times to try to arrange payment options,but you cant talk to a real person when you call there,but I tell you, they have no problem getting a hold of you. They eventually sent a gentleman to my house to take pictures of the outside of my home and handed me a little pink slip of paper and told me to call them, again you cant call this 800-206-2901 and talk to a real person. I eventually took out a small loan through my company to back pay them what I owed. I did finally get to speak to a woman named yolandi,when they received payment. She told me that I was $165 ahead in my payments, that was in the beginning of december. On December 10th I made another payment which was 2 weeks early than when it was due. So I assumed I was finally caught up and finally ahead on things, but I was wrong! I got a call from them the other day stating that I hadn't made a payment since November and that I now owe for December and January.As I said before, I had sent out a payment on December 10th and was supposedly $165 ahead. I am already getting calls from them threatening foreclosure.And the phone calls are non-stop again! I have never been so dissatisfied or stressed with a company ever.I may have to take out the hardship loan now through my 401k plan, but do I really want to? They want to completely deplete me until I have no other choice and let them have the dang house.I am trying to be strong and hang in there, but at this point I am about to just give up. As I said in the beginning of my letter, I feel better knowing that I am not the only one having problems with this company, I am however, sorry for all of you who are going through termoil with this company too. Isn't there anything we can do? Kathleen st helen, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Feb 17 2005
Homecomings Financial Contempt of Court Decision Dallas/SanDiego Texas/California
My husband myself had taken a trip to Europe for a few months and many thousands of dollars had been taken from our account and verified by the bank and the payments to Homecomings had been made but the money in my account was gone to cover the checks. On our return from Europe I had received a letter in the mail from an attorney representing Homecomings Financial in Texas. The summons I had received stipulated that my mortgage was in default and if I did not pay more than $2,000.00 that my home would be foreclosed on. I immediately sent a check to the attorney who was demanding this money and a letter stating that if this is not in compliance please advise. I heard nothing back from the attorney but got my check back in the mail from Homecomings stating that my home was going to be auctioned off. I immediately contacted my attorney and subsequently filed a Chapter 13. It has been since 2001 that this has been ongoing and the attorney was fired and another attorney took the case and finished the Chapter 13. The court ordered the Chapter 13 to be in compliance and everyone of concern was paid including Homecomings. Nearly two weeks went by and I received a registered letter in the mail from Homecomings stating I owed another $7,000.00 (Homecomings now in contempt)of the Chapter 13 ruling. I have checked on Homecomings and found them not to be a legitimate mortgage company but under the cover of real estate. Homecomings is a real estate company according to the BBB in the Northeast, sidelining in mortgages. In any event, I will fight tooth and nail. I am fortunate in that my company, large Maine based company, has done dealings in the past with GMAC through purchasing vehicles, updating realestate selling and buying, and we have decided that Homecomings with not get anymore of our business through GMAC, or GM or whatever they want to call themselves. It will be interesting to see what will happen with the contempt of court issue that will be arising. Many of us overextend ourselves and are put in a position to do business with these companies often not knowing we are actually dealing with them, so for everyone's benefit get rid of those credit cards, do that home improvement yourself even though it may take a little longer, work for yourselves and your families and last not but least know who you are doing business with, check with your local bank, its a good idea to get to know who they are as they are probably going to look at your as a real person not just a monthly check. My company will never do business with GM or GMAC and if we do expand it will be with a company locally owned and operated by people in the community. My new vehicles will be financed through my local bank, not GMAC or GM and any refinancing that needs to be done or purchasing more property for business use will be done locally by people I trust. Its time to stop the insanity by these fly by night companies who will often be someone they are not. Homecomings may acquire a few dollars but in the end they will lose millions... My message to them would be.. from A to Z, as high as the sky, deep as the sea I send to them what they send to me, what you sew be what you reap. Mary Westbrook, MaineU.S.A.
Mar 16 2005
Homecomings Financial Rude customer service personnel Dallas Texas
I too have had a run-in with this company and it's rude customer service personnel. I can suggest to anyone who is looking for access, I have been able to 0 out of the long winded idiotic dribble on their answering machine and I have always been greeted by a rude uncaring individual. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told that there is no need for me to speak with them and they refused to transfer me. With all due respect I think I am the better judge as to whether or not I need to speak to a supervisor. Good luck to you all, and I really hope that somewhere down the line this crooked operation gets what it has coming to it. I was only looking to negotiate a pre-payment penalty as I am refinancing. I was told there is no negotiating allowed. After reading all the other woes on this site, I feel fortunate. Remember, word of mouth goes a long way. This company will feel it in the long run... Kevin Binghamton, New YorkU.S.A.
Nov 09 2004
Homecomings Financial rip-off! Fraudulent credit reporting! Dallas Texas
My first mortgage with Homecomings was paid off 12/03 with no problems at all with them. Three months later I pulled my credit to buy another house and found they had posted two 30-day late payments on my account, which was incorrect. 63 days later and over 40 calls, they reported corrected' information to the credit bureaus. Now, 8 months into this nightmare and several hundred calls and several Homecomings 'corrections', I have four 30-day lates and Homcomings refuses to listen or talk about it. I have disputed the account several times through the credit bureaus to no avail. I have faxed documentation numerous times to Homecomings proving the inaccurate reportings to no avail. I have attempted to talk to their legal department and they refuse communication. My credit has collapsed, I have been denied mortgages, and I continue to suffer harm. All because Homecomings refuses to report accurate credit information. BEWARE - do NOT take a mortgage out with Homecomings. Their customer service department is more like a devil's den. They do what they want irregardless of how it might hurt someone and refuse to take appropriate action to correct mistakes. Afterall, they THINK they are perfect. Steve Orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
37, Report #120609
Dec 01 2004
Homecomings Financial ripoff insurance fraud Phoenix Arizona
I as a recent victim of 2 hurricances, I have forced insurance that I paid for so I have to deal with my Banks (Homecomings Financials) Insurance Department whom has our insurance money hostage. They provided us with $7000 of our $23000 in insurance money and say they wont release any more money until the house is 50% completed. We used $6200 to pay the roofer (the roofing job is 100% complete) and $800 to pay for tree removal (100% complete). We sent copies of the payment receipts via certified registered mail to the insurance department and in return they have sent an inspector to verify the work completed. The reply we got from them is that they will not release any more funds until the entire house is 50% completed. So now I have no choice but to get annother loan to obtain money to repair my home while my insurance money sits in an escrow account I cannot touch and I dont draw intrest from. My advise: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD YOU EVER DEAL WITH HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL, THEY ARE A HEARTLESS INSTITUTION THAT PREYS ON THE AMERICAN PUBLIC. Michael L Loxahatchee, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Nov 19 2005
Homecomings Financial misled rIPOFF Dallas Texas
Homecoming Financial closed our loan in 2001, without an attorney present to start with and that is illegal in South Carolina. They did not pull a complete title search on my property or they would have known we have 3 lines/judgements (that are from my brother in law, from him inheriting 25% interest in my property for 2 months, after my husbands dad passed away).My husbands dad was a cosigner on our property. So Homecomings Financial is not even first lienholder on our property and they do NOT even have a title commitment on my property, which my attorney can not believe. They sent a notary to my house to sign my loan and agin I tell you it is South Carolina's law that an attorney is present at closing. They tried to foreclose on my home once and we paid them over $6000.00. But we have been misled, if they would have pulled a complete title and had an attorney present at closing then for one Homecomings would not have closed our loan and an attorney would have made sure we had a clear title. We would have never signed a 3 year adjustable rate with Homecomings if we would have known we had liens on our property. We did not learn about the liens until after the 3 years with Homecomings and we tried to refinance our loan, which was May 16, 2005. Now our rate is going up every 6 months, which means our mortgage payments goes up at least a $100 every 6 months.We started at $960 a month and are now at $1210 a month. Starting Dec 1, 2005 it will go to $1300 a month. And by the time Homecomings has gone as high as they can to almost 15% by law (quote on quote from a Homecomings employee) we will be paying $1500 a month on a house that appraised in May for $118,000.00. Tell me where the justice is? We are going to lose our home, all because we signed a loan with this company that did not pull complete title and inform us that we would not be able to sell nor refinance our home...Man, did they get us. I am fighting this every way I can and will continue to. We as consumers have been lied to and misled by Homecomings Financial...we will not stop here. I would just call them and tell them come get the keys and take it, but I have a child ready for college and I care about my credit. I can not ruin my credt, I have a college education for my child to pay for and need good credit in order to find another place to live with children...Please someone tell me what to do? Thanks Allison Easley, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Nov 10 2005
Homecomings Financial ripoff Dallas Texas
Homecomings returned our house payment the month after we mailed it. They stated we where late and violated our contract. They threatened forclosure if we didnt pay the balance of 203,000.00. We only borrowed 193,000.00 and had made several payments and a one time payment of 9000.00 by cashiers check. Over a year later we still don't have credit for the 9000.00 we paid. They sent us a leter stating a forclosure sale was to be held on 11-18-04. The sale was actually held 11-30-04 We have aquirred an attorney and are suing. We are going to WIN!! Let's band together and put these crooks out of business!! CurtisBallard kannapolis, North CarolinaU.S.A.
May 24 2005
HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL ripoff DALLAS Texas
I WAS WITH HOMECOMINGS FOR 5 YEARS, AND MADE ALL MY PAYMENTS. IF WE WERE LATE WOULD MAKE 2 THE FOLLOWING MONTH. EVERYTIME WE TURNED AROUND THEY REFUSED PAYMENT AND THROW US INTO A FORBEARANCE REPAYMENT PLAN AND JUST BEFORE WE FINISHED IT WITH MAKING EVERY PAYMENT THEY WOULD TELL US WE NEED TO DO ANOTHER ONE TO BECOME CURRENT. WE WERE SCARED AND DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO OR TO TALK TO ABOUT THIS. WE ARE NOW WITH CENTEX MORTGAGE AND THEY'RE VICE PRESIDENT CONTACTED ME PERSONALLY AND SAID THEY TOOK ALOT OF MONEY UNOWNED TO HOMECOMINGS. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO TO RECOVER ALL MY MONEY. THE LAST YEAR WE WERE WITH HOMECOMINGS I PAID OVER 26,000 AND THEY WANTED TO PUT ME IN ANOTHER PAYMENT PLAN. SAID WE STILL OWNED FOR THAT YEAR. I AM VERY CONFUSED AND BROKE BECAUSE OF THIS COMPANY. PLEASE HELP. P.S. I DO HAVE 4 FOLDERS WITH EVERY DOCUMENT AND PROOF OF PAYMENTS I MADE. Chris woonsocket, Rhode IslandU.S.A.
Entity: DALLAS, Texas
Feb 17 2005
Homecomings Financial cannot contact customer service Dallas Texas
Well, my bank took 2 NSF fees out of my account and said there was not enough money to make my house payment... the money was there, I called my bank and resolved the issue. I attempted to contact Homecomings via the 800 number provided for customer service. NO LUCK, no live person. Those of you who deal with Homecomings know what I'm talking about. In order to get through to talk to someone I've always had to call the Refinance/New Loans phone number and be transferred. Anyway, when I spoke to the first rep, after explaining my situation of possibly having my payment returned to them, she said I'm sorry there's nothing I can do, someone else handles that--I asked to speak to that someone else and she said I couldn't; I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and she just kept saying I'm sorry I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. I asked her two more times to speak to supervisor, same answer. Then she wanted to know why I wanted to speak to supervisor and finally I said first of all I want to report your insubordination. Then she hung up on me. I called back and talked to another rep and there were no notes in the computer from the previous person I spoke to. After all this, the answer I received from the second rep, who was very nice and tried to help, was to check back in a week or two. This truly is a company I don't want to deal with--all the other postings on this site have me greatly concerned. Will this one issue mess up my credit report? Will this issue send my house into foreclosure? If there is a class action lawsuit being filed, I'd like to know about it sooner than later. These people shouldn't be operating a business, as they don't know how to operate a busines Joanne lake oswego, OregonU.S.A.
Jun 16 2005
Homecomings Financial Ripoff, fraudulent billing Dallas Texas
I hate this company. Until I wrote them a note, they were sending me my bills just a few days before they were due. There was literally not enough time to send the payment in by mail to avoid a late charge. And then of course if you go to their web site, they charge you to pay online. This strikes me as fraudulent. I am upset now because they are trying to charge me a yearly fee for just handling my second mortgage. Can they do this? I've never heard of this before. Can someone tell me if this is legal or what agency I can contact to find out if this is a legal practice? Thank you! Christine Oviedo, FloridaU.S.A.
Aug 01 2007
Homecomings Financial What a Nightmare Dallas Texas
Let me start by saying that all of the stories on this site make me feel for each of you. My family was also a victim of these bloodsuckers. My story is much the same. Refinanced. Mortgage was sold. We too fell into the lost payments, insurance, and no response game with these clowns. In all my years I have NEVER seen such poor customer service. Not even close. My wife did not believe me at first when I told her about the phone deal. How they never return your calls. My favorite was the he is only doing Outbound Calls Today Sir routine. WTF? But then she tried. Ill never forget the call I got from her after that. She was crying and telling me how rude they were to her. Went so far as to call her a liar. We lost our house of 10 years. Only had Homecomings since 2005. My wife and I tried to save it by filing a Chapter 13, but after reading the stories on all the different web sites about Homecomings, decided it was not worth it. This was our attorneys recommendation also. When we first went in to try and salvage our home, he said that he had heard of these guys and warned us. That is when I started doing my reading. I was shocked by the stories and relieved that we were not alone (I kept thinking we were) but quickly realized that a Chapter 7 was the only way out. We have since abandoned our home in Wisconsin and moved to the Gulf of Mexico here in Florida. Granted I will have to rent for the next couple years, we are much happier now that this nightmare is over. Not to mention the weather is much nicer. I wish all of your GOOD LUCK in you dealings and screw Homecomings. Humpybumper Gulf Breeze, FloridaU.S.A.
Aug 14 2007
HomeComings Financial Scamming a Senior! ripoff Dallas Texas
I am a 78 year old senior citizen being scammed by these sneaky crooks. Just this month, without any warning to me at all, my interest rate shot up to 10.8 percent. I bearly live month to month on my measly social security check with not a penny to spare, now they will be taking more than half of it. I was finally able to talk to someone on the phone from Homecomings after many tries and long waits, and all they said they could do for me is to close my existing loan with them, I would have to pay all closing costs, then they could open a new fixed rate loan with escrow for me, after I pay again for lawyer and assessment fees, and the new monthly payment fee they quoted was $100.00 more than what I am forced to pay now! How does this benefit me? It sure does benefit them! These people have NO mercy, I wish my loan was never sold to them, I wonder if they purposely search to purchase loans of the easiest, weakest targets. Shirls Buffalo, New YorkU.S.A.
Jul 24 2007
HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL IN THE PROCESS OF BEING SCREWED Ripoff Nationwide
We entered into a payment agreement and made 11 of 12 timely payments. We called cust service and advised them our 12th payment would be 10 days late. They told us that was fine but no later. We made the payment through Western Union on that date and come to find out they defaulted the agreement 1 day earlier. Next we are now placed in a temporary agreement and make 3 payments completed May 20. Now the account is sent to modification to set up a new payment schedule to include new lawyers charges and late fees because they defaulted our original agreement. After no less than 8 phone calls we cannot get the modification. Every time we call a new person is working on it. In the interim,we receive a letter stating we owe $13,000 and just send a check to clear this up. Our credit report shows we have been late every month for 18 months because they report late every month while making timely payments. Cannot get out of the loan because no one will re-fi because the loan isn't current. Bob MARIETTA, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Aug 02 2007
HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL RIPOFF PAYING OFF my MORTGAGE!! Waterloo Iowa
I have being trying to get my payoff on my mortgage since July 2007. This company customer service reps. questions me as to why did I want to pay my mortgage off. I have been given the run around from this company. You're on hold forever then the reps comes back to begin repeating things you've never said. It's OUTRAGEOUS!! Where in the HELL did this company get their Mortgage Licenses FROM!!! You have to wait on a call back before you can actually speak to a supervisor. The PRESIDENT of Homecomings Financial, LLC - Waterloo, IA; Florence, SC; Ft. Worth, TX; NEED to take some SERIOUS actions of getting this company on track. I pai d my bills on time and I expected them to give me my information that I need in a timely manner. Instead I'm having to deal with reps hanging up the phone acting very childish! It just burns me up to know a so call company of this maginitude let's this type of CRAP! go on!!! After asking for a payoff several times and was told it would take 24-48 hrs by fax, guess what they sent the payoff in 10 minutes of getting of the phone. So WHY??? Why should a customer have to endure this type of behavior! They shouldn't when they want their MORTGAGE PAID OFF!!!!!!!! Yolanda Batesville, MississippiU.S.A.
Entity: Waterloo, Iowa
Feb 01 2008
Homecomings Financial Escrow Account, Payments, Rude Louisville Kentucky
I have a home in Indiana it's been with Homecomings since 2005 and ever since then I have had trouble with this company. First was the Escrow account we have 3 parcels on our HUD paper and they are not paying for one of the parcel so I have called them email them several times they have hung up on me it took them about 3 months to send me the HUD with the signatures on them and right there they were the 3 parcels on them. Me and my wife had 2 other homes that we had to filed bankapucty on because renters did not want to pay so I ask my laywer about Homecomings and that was about 2 months ago and we heard nothing so far. I got on payment plan because we falling behind and now it's all caught up and my statement still says that I'm behind still they even lost one of my payments that my wife had over night they finally got it about a month later. Also they have lost paperwork that I sent them to let my wife talk to them 4 times. I have a 1st and a 2nd mortgage with them. I have talk to the 2nd mortgage and he told me that they don't want to put our payments in since we had filed bankapucty. So my answer is what are they doing with my money. I have try to get rid of Homecomings to refinanced and they wouldn't send the paperwork to the other company plus they have also put us our a 3 year penty so we would have to give them over $3000.00 and I think they have enough money of my already because my question is where did my money go to them. Chuck Knox, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: Louisville, Kentucky
Jan 30 2008
Homecomings Financial Forcing ME into Forclosure Dallas Texas
I have been having issues with Homecomings for over 10 months. I fell behind two months on my mortgage. I called them and they set me up on a temporary catch up plan to help satisfy my negative amounts. They set me up all right, the money I have sent in was NEVER applied to my account payments or rears, it was displaced into never never land by late fees and interest compounded on interest. I owed 33k for last years scheduled payments, as of 12-07 I paid Homecomings over 40k. I am receiving past due notices of 25k. I have asked repeatedly for a copy of their records to show where my money has gone. They repeat themselves with each of the 50+ phone calls with I do not know. I ask to speak to a supervisor and I speak to voicemails, never a returned call. I have reported this to the FTC and I know this is the definition of unfair lending. The only call I get now is from collections asking me to send more money! I cannot send them money with the knowledge that the money will never be applied to my account. I have three kids and a wife and I am being foreced into foreclosure. I was promised a loan modification on December 21st, 2007. They wanted to add the BS past due amounts on top of the principal of my mortgage. I told them no way, and that is the last I have heard. This is unjust and criminal. If you know of a lawyer or any one else that has had similar situations please have them contact me. Joe VA Beach, VirginiaU.S.A.
Feb 15 2008
Homecomings Financial frauds, and crooks Waterloo Iowa
I have had rpoblems with this company ever since my loan was sold to them several years ago and they have only gotten worse!! My problem when started when they claimed the company I had been with before said a check was no good. I had had some problems and lost most of my records but for three months (July,August and September) when I called Homecomings I was told that wasn't true, the check had cleared but the funds had not been transfered from the old lender to them. Then October they started to show it as a late. I went round and round with the and was put on hold,hung up on etc. I faxed many demads to them asking for a check number for the supposedly bad check. They said they would get back to me almost daily and I faxed and called for over nine months. In the mean time my payments were being boosted higher and higher and my other credit was being ruined with rolling lates. I finaly got someone who gave me a check number and waited a few weeks but was able to get a copy from my bank and fax it to them. After almost a year they sent a letter saying they were wrong. I was assured over the phone that they would take it off my credit report and my statement would show I was in good standing in about six weeks. None of that happaned. Instead I called when it didn't come off and was told that all the other people that had told me the June payment was bad were wrong it had been October and or I could pay up immediately or my credit would still be ruined!! It was anyway!!! They never took the lates off my credit and just continued to up my payments. I felt helpless and didn't know where to turn. I finally started to get behind but would periodicaly get caught up. I finally got to the point where I was behind so asked to be considered for a refi. I was told they were thinking about it and I shold wait 2-3 months to hear what they had decided. I was told that if I started right away I would not be foreclosed on, I even sent in a paer that said I would only consider the refi if they didn't foreclose while I wait. I e-mailed and called many times and was told to keep waiting they would let me know. Suddenly one day I get this paper that says they will foreclose soon if I don't pay the back payments, I had the right to demand proof of how much I owed and would not be foreclosed on until they answered. The amount they were asking for had no proof or statement to prove where all the extra they said I owed!!!! I immediately sent in the protest to them and the letter that I had signed and had been received by one of their agents. They of coarse claim to have no knowledge of the offer to refi or of the letter that was e-mailed to them. I recently called to get the payoff amount and get my account out of default because while I was waiting for a statement of what I owe I got a notice of foreclosure. I sent them $ 19,000.00 they say I owe to bail out my home. Now I am very concerned that they will just take the money and take my home too!!!! I found all these horror stories after I sent off the money and I'm concerned that they will clamed not to have received the right amount as has been done to so many other people and I will loose everything!!! I have contacted wolf popper about the lawsuit. NO one in this country should be taken again by these cheats but it looks like they have been doing this for years!!!!! I have contacted my congress person and all the other government agencies I can. From what I've been told the government helps them want to foreclose buy giving them 80 percent of what was owed as soon as they do the foreclosure paperwork, so why work anyhting out. Jan Bremerton, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: Waterloo, Iowa
Feb 28 2008
Homecomings Financial Mortgage Rip-off Louisville Kentucky
We have been trying to work with Homecomings for several months to come to an agreement regarding our account. You wait 50 min. on hold just to speak to a different person each time, just for them to give you the run around over and over. NO one gives you the same answer- then send us a couple grand and we will see if we can modify your loan for you. HA I have been given a different reason for not modifying our loan at least 3x,s. However, they are more than willing to raise an already outrageous interest rate yet again. Other companies are becoming easier to work with due to the current mortgage issue whats up with homecomings?? I WONT let them take my home with out a fight!! And exactly what are my payments being posted to??? Suzy Plano, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Louisville, Kentucky