INSTANT CHECKMATE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Instant Checkmate

There may be more reports for "Instant Checkmate"

For more results perform a general search for "Instant Checkmate"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Sep 25 2016
INSTANT CHECKMATE SCAM FOR SURE BIrmingham, Alabama
instant checkmate ripped me off today. I am a member of a credit union and i got a call from fraud prevention tonight and they said that my bank account was frozen due to instant checkmate. I am not happy with the services and have sent customer support an email. I want my money back in my account or either i am calling the FBI about them. I am pissed because i am a college student and i was trying to run a background search on a male who i am interested in having children with. I wanted to know more about him but instant checkmate gave me the wrong information about him. I traced the information given back to face book and other social media entities and nothing was true. They are scamming people in more than one way. they are also lying about the information that they receive.
Aug 14 2017
INSTANT CHECKMATE FALSE ADVERTISING Nevada
Instant checkmate advertises that you have an option for a ONE TIME report, or monthly option, and annual too. I did the ONE TIME ONLY report and they have been continuing to charge my CREDIT CARD every month since. They are thiefs and need to be PUT OUT OF BUSINESS.
Entity: Nevada
Oct 14 2012
Instant CheckMate, CheckMate Billing Card Scam, Internet
10/14/12 Used CheckMate information services online for 5 days for $1.00 being charged to my account.  I just discovered this company charged my card, again, for $27.63, without my consent or authorization.  They did not notify me they would be doing this, nor did they seek my consent to do so.  I have filed a Dispute with my bank.  I called CheckMate, and the background noise reminded me of the fraud ad run by CapitolOne showing their competition as a one-two person operation disguising themselves as several different people.  He claimed I had already agreed to this by not contacting them at the end of the 5 days to tell them I no longer wanted the service.  I told them I wanted to end the service now!  I asked for my money to be refunded and he refused.
Jun 02 2013
instant checkmate Instant ripoff Internet
This scam artist site  claims to provide latest information about individual -  to begin with the address provided is 10  and 12 years ago -  no record of DUI and arrrest.absoulte ripoffMani.   Omaha,  Nebraska
Entity: Internet, Internet
Jan 02 2014
Instant Checkmate Checkmate*Instantcheckmate Internet Scam -Instant Checkmate- Las Vegas Nevada
 I'm an investigator and regularly conduct Google searches and other internet research.  I'm assuming Instant Checkmate was attached to some background check I ran, through 411.com or Classmates.com.  I believe each of these sites offer additional information if you continue with some paid service, possibly Instant Checkmate. All I know for sure is that I received a charge on my bank account totaling $59.16.  The description of the charge was CHKMATE*INSTANTCHECKMATE.  I immediately called my bank to dispute the charge and was recommended to research the company and contact them about the charge.  I was surprised to find the website and contact information pretty quickly through a Google search.  I called and spoke with a customer service person who was very nice, but allegedly didn't have authority herself to authorize any refunds.  She indicated I had signed up six months earlier and that they continue to bill people's accounts unless they call and cancel their membership.  Honestly, I don't remember ever signing up, but I don't know how else they acquired my bank account information.  I have access to many other background search sites and systems, so I wouldn't need membership to some low grade, open to general population, website. I asked the service rep. what my usage had been and she was able to tell me I pulled background on two people, same date, three months back.  I didn't recognize the names or remember pulling any background on this site, but I run backgrounds almost daily.Anyway, I demanded a full refund and cancelation of the membership.  The service rep. said she needed to speak wth her boss before she could authorize any kind of refund.  She came back pretty quickly and offered a $20 refund.  DO NOT ACCEPT THAT!!  I said I needed a full refund and had already disputed the charge with my bank.  She had to talk to her boss again and to my surprise, came back with another less than full offer ($30).  I told her to post the refund, but I intended to dispute any Instant Checkmate charge through my bank.  She then offered to talk to her boss again and I said go for it, because I need a complete refund.  To my astonishment, she again came back with a less than full refund offer ($50), which would allow them to keep $9 and some change.  I told the service rep. she better go back to her boss one more time because I did not intend on paying a dime.  She finally came back, just a short minute later, and agreed to a full refund.  She also asked me to cancel the charge dispute with my bank, which will not be done until I see a full refund to my bank account.  I also intend on canceling my credit card to avoid any potential future un-authorized charges from this company. Based on other reports I've viewed on this website, regarding Instant Checkmate, and the non-BBB accredited aspect, I believe this alleged background resource site to be nothing more than a fraud.  They might offer some basic information on a person, similar to what you might find through Google or 411.com, but I doubt it's anything worthy of $59.16 for six month membership.  I recommend Lexis Nexis or ISO or anything else.  Based on my experience with the customer service rep., I believe they pray on the weak and easily appeased.  I considered taking the less than full refund each time she offered, but I'm glad I stuck to my guns and demaded full refund.
Feb 07 2014
Instant Checkmate Instant Checkmate is an instant Fraud  Internet
 Requested a report and was lead through a maze of screens where I was instructed to click for a report numerous times. Each click added another layer and , found out later, another charge to the process. The final report was a joke with no pertinent information. I called the company to complain and demanded the charges be removed. I was told they would remove 50% of the charges. I said that was not satisfactory as I got no report. After much talk I hung up and called my credit card company to file a disputed charge. When I looked at my pending charges, this scam of a company had 3 separate charges for who knows what! I will fight this phony company as long as it takes to stop them from scamming others. What a Rip Off!
Oct 10 2011
INSTANT CHECKMATE A COMPLETE SCAM!!!! Internet, Nevada
 IF YOU HAVE USED THE BACKGROUND CHECK FROM INSTANT CHECKMATE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO AHEAD AND CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY BEFORE THEY ROB YOU BLIND. I SIGNED UP FOR A FIVE DAY TRIAL FOR $1.00. AFTER USING THE SERVICE I REALIZED  THERE WAS NO INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE. I CHECKED A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER IN MY AREA AND IT SAID THERE WAS NO CRIMINAL RECORD. AFTER THIS, I FELT LIKE THIS WEBSITE WAS A SCAM. I IMMEDIANTLEY CALLED AND CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT AND WAS TOLD I WOULD NOT BE BILLED FOR THE MONTH. AFTER FIVE DAYS I CHECKED MY ACCOUNT ACTIVITY AND SAW WHERE I WAS BILLED $30.00 DOLLARS FOR A MONTHLY PAYMENT ON A ACCOUNT I HAD DONE CANCELED. I CALLED THESE PEOPLE AGAIN AND THEY WERE SAYING THEY HAD NOT BILLED ME AND MY ACCOUNT WAS CANCELED. AFTER AGRUING FOR 10 MINUTES THEY FINALLY SAID THE $30.00 WOULD BE ACCREDITED BACK TO MY ACCOUNT WITHIN 7 BUSINESS DAYS. TWO WEEKS LATER, NO $30.00 IN MY ACCOUNT. I THEN TOOK THIS TO THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND THEY ARE CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING IT.   DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER, THEY WILL SCREW YOU!!!!!
Entity: Internet, Nevada
Mar 29 2012
Instant Checkmate Representative lied about rebate. Internet, Nevada
The website offers a free trial; but in reality, you are signing up for a monthly subscription. When I called to cancel the subscription (the only way they will let you do it) the representative agreed to refund $39.72, or two months fees.  The total refund came to 1/2 of what was promised, or $19.86. I sent support an e-mail telling them what had been promised; but it has been ignored and the additioal $19.86 has not been forthcoming.
Entity: Internet, Nevada
Feb 04 2013
instant checkmate inc false advertising, deceptive Internet
They do not give you any background on the people you check on. I put a name in there that I know have been in trouble with the law and it will tell me no report. There is not phone number like they said it would give you and they want to charge you for these things but they will not give them to you. If they advertise them then they should give us the reports they say we will get and not cheat us out of them.
Jan 09 2013
Instant Checkmate Theft of Funds Las Vegas, Nevada
I signed up for a 5 day trial for $1.00.  I didn't know I was supposed to cancel before the 5 days were up, so they charged my credit card twice for 29.63 (2 months).  I used the service for one day and the information they provided was useless.  These people need to be shut down.
Jan 04 2013
Instant Checkmate Total ripoff!! Internet
My credit card was charged $44.58 when I only agreed to $22.95 for a one month access to records on their site.  I was not able to see any report!  It just kept downloading and downloading and I waited more than 45 min. and nothing happened. I'm afraid this will appear on my credit card monthly as I see that others have had happen.  This is an extreme ripoff.  I am elderly and do not have money to give to these people for nothing.
Jul 15 2011
Instant Checkmate ONE BIG RIPOFF Las Vegas, Nevada
I signed up for a 1 month trial with Instant Checkmate and attempted to do a search on myself and on my wife.  After trying for 2 days to get the searches to complete I called their customer support office and was informed that the password I used was wrong because their system could not handle passwords with special characters like dollar signs.  So I change my password and still cannot get the searches to complete all I can get is a http 404 page cannot be displayed error.  Now keep in mind that I have a A+, Windows 7, and a MCSE certifications, also that I have tried this from 3 different computers using Windows 7, Vista and XP with Google Chrome, Fire Fox and IE 8 and 9. And I did inform the customer support rep that I did have a fair knowledge of computers and that I have tried to resolve the issue by trying different computers and browsers.   Now with that being said I am getting the same error on all my systems so what does there customer support tell me next. Sir, you must be the most illiterate person in the word when it comes to computers and that the problem is with my internet browser.  Now first off that is not the way a customer support should be addressing the issues and second off if youre getting the same error on multiple systems and different browsers  then it would seem that maybe the issue would be with their end? But hey that is just me. I was not able to complete any search with these people and I also tried to contact corporate with no luck.  So just please be careful in dealing with these people.
Jun 04 2012
Instant Checkmate InstantCheckmate.com Inadequate Service Internet, Internet
This service does not provide accurate or up to date information about individuals. The home values, incomes, and criminal records are no where near current.  The search option does not allow the input of an individual's middle initial, consequently, you need to sort through hundreds of names to find the person you are looking up. When I called to cancel the service and request a refund (25 minutes after I signed up), they would only refund 50%.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Sep 17 2012
Instant Checkmate Incomplete data, shady business practices Internet
Company has old outdated information. Requested info on a person with a known criminal record and they reported nothing. Very questionable business practices.  Does not send a receipt for amount charged to your credit card, if requested, they will NOT send you a receipt. Also, they will not send written confirmation of cancellation of the service. Waiting to see if charged as agreed on next credit card statement. Will report further then. Appearance are very shady due to refuseal to provide confirmation of charges.
Sep 20 2012
instant checkmate thirty day trial was misleading, Internet
I signed up for a thirty day trial for $1.00 which my credit card was charged on August 9, 12, but my credit card was then charged $24.63 on September 2, 2012 which put me over the limit and charged without my authorization.
Nov 17 2012
instant checkmate - bad, wrong, missing information, Internet
Instant Checkmate is meant to be able to do background checks on individuals. The information they provide includes wrong information and provides less than a google search on a name can do! Checks against my own name provided neither my marriage or devorice information - googling my name gives this! Information on a second name I tried provide none of their criminal record but details of a traffic offense at age 3! Immediately (within 10 minutes) rang for refund - they attempted to word it as a cancel and no future charges...I spotted their careful wording and insisted on my money back...which they say they will but only time will tell on that!
Dec 21 2012
Instant-CheckMate This company has no integrity! Internet
I signed up for this service yesterday because I looked up a guy and the site said there were 2 secrets about him.  This leads you to believe that this person has some kind of a criminal record.  I paid to receive the report and then found out that there were NO secrets about this person.  This kind of advertising is fraudulent, dishonest and has no integrity.  It is a trap to take peoples money!  I called customer service and asked for a refund. A woman named Christiana who was suppose to be a superior supervisor to the first person that took my call, told me that they would not refund my money because I had used the site for one day.  She finally told me that she would refund all but $10.00 on my credit card and gave me a confirmation number.  I will be watching for the credit.  She was very aggressive and argumentative on the phone about the fact that I used the service for one day.  The only way that I could have found out that there were not 2 secrets about this guy was to run a report. Please don't fall into their trap ... you have been warned!
Apr 19 2013
Instant Checkmate Background check Las Vegas, Nevada
I signed up for this service to find an old friend.  I looked up the friend on their site before I signed up for the service.  They told me they had information on three people by his name.  After they took my money, they said they had 0 zero information on this name, then I called to get a refund and they put me off saying they would have to wait until I was in the system, however they charged my credit card instantly.  THESE PEOPLE ARE ULTIMATE SCAM ARTISTS!!!
May 28 2013
Instant CheckMate Internet Fraud Las Vegas Nevada
Signed up online for one report and authorized a charge of $1.00. A week later they charged my credit card an additional $29.63 for a subscription that I did not authorize. I received no notification of this subscription and no confirmation via email. Found the charge a month later when I received my credit card bill. Their response to my phone call complaint was that somewhere (?) on the web site there was a notice that I had to call them within 5 days to cancel my subscription. An absolute rip-off. This company should be prosecuted for internet fraud.
May 31 2013
Instant Checkmate SCAM! DATA NOT CORRECT Internet
I registered with Checkmate to look up to see if i could an old friend. Not only did I not find the person but I decided to look up people I know and see if the info was accutate! it was not! not at all! My dads age was wrong and it didnt even show that he was married and that was the truth with the rest of the searches i did too. I called to get a full refund and they wouldnt do it just half. But of course its not there fault that it isnt accurate.
Mar 03 2014
Instant CheckMate Absolutely a Scam
This site propurts to provide background data on indiviuals.  They provided nothing of interest or use.  I used it a few times to do searches on posible businesses.  Results were less than useless.  The basic membership covers nothing and each report is an additional $19.99.   Worse than a rip off.  AVOID at all costs.
Entity: Select State/Province
Feb 25 2014
instant checkmate Total SCAM!!! Internet
This company offers background checks and related information on individuals for a renewable monthly subscription.  They deliver nothing!   Two searches only provided a home address and phone number.....nothing more than what's in the phone book!!   Then they try to upsell you to a premium membership for more $$$.   It's a total SCAM!!! I called within an hour and asked for a full refund.   Only got a partial refund and got told didn't you read the disclaimers?   Call and complain loudly and you might get a partial refund!
Feb 27 2014
instant checkmate total scam!!! nevada
i searched one time for 1 person got the report and it contains 0 information of relevence!! i mean seriously?? an  astrological sign is a piece of useful data? why is this place still in business? who's got a class action suit against them? this is one of the biggest scams going!! after speaking with their oh so pleasant customer service i was informed my acct. wpuld be cancelled but since the report contained information i was not able to get a refund. (no kidding) 22.86 X how many consumers out there? 1 million? who owns this company? please any info would be greatly appreciated
Entity: Select State/Province
Feb 09 2014
Instant Checkmate Worst background site ever!!!! Internet
I used this site, and also paid to get some background info for a nanny. Am extremely disappointed. First, the report is not as advertised. They do not give you the information unless you pay an additional fee. Secondly, I callied and cancelled my account minutes upon learning about the second fee. They refused to give me a refund much less a discount. I think I should have, given the few minutes I used the site, and their advertising belong inaccurate. Thirdly, they changed my card for an entire month. I cancelled account, explaining my I was unsatisfied. Asked for a refund or partial, they refused. Extremely bad customer service! I received automated email stating my cancellation. Fourth, i initially used my bank card to pay and then was charged on paypal account a month later. Called customer service and they told me that the dont initially Bill, they wait until the second month. I questioned this because I have never heRd of a company doing this, an in addition they told me there would not be a refund. The agent was very rude while answering my questions. I asked about bank charge and was told I need to look at bank statement. I did check my bank statement and I was indeed charged at the beginning of month using bank card and again at end of month using PayPal. I was put on hold, needed to wait for agent to speak to supervisor. Finally they agreed to credit my PayPal . I told them that this all was their mistake.  After explaining why they were wrong for about 5 minutes, they agreed to refund all charges Which will take 7 business days. i don't know how they had access to my paypal account and the reps didn't have answers. i will wait and see of I receive full refund, but am not holding breath. Absolutely the worst customer service experience I've ever had. I only chose this site due to the advertisement of the reports, which I didn't get because I wouldnt pay a second payment for third report. I wonder when the charges for what's advertised stops?
Jan 24 2014
Instant Checkmate LLC Attempt to Exploit Internet
I received the following threatening/exploitive email in my scam folder:Bad Things From Your Past Have Been Posted OnlineBrace yourself for the worstAt 12:30pm (eastern time) damaging information was posted publicly that could hurt you.Don't let people see this by confirming your person record ID# here:/writtee.com/t0czftee0b0uhau46gcaReview this now: Time is running out!I have no affiliation with Enom, Inc. or Instant Check Mate, LLC and believe this is yet another elaborate attempt to exploit me.

Showing 26-50 | Showing Page 2 of 116