JUST BRAKES Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Just Brakes

There may be more reports for "Just Brakes"

For more results perform a general search for "Just Brakes"

Showing 76-100 of 130,814 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Just Brakes"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jun 02 2008
Just Brakes $99.00 Ripoff Bedford Texas
This place is a rip off. When I called regarding squeaky brakes they assured me they could fix the problem for $99.00. They later called me back and told me the bill was going to be $463.35+tax. When I told them I could not pay that much, they told me that they could get my car back on the road for $299.35, but that it would not fix the problem. They charged me $299.35 and made me sign a waiver that I knew they didn't fix my brakes properly. Sue Watauga, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Bedford, Texas
Apr 24 2008
Just Brakes Bait and Switch Mckinney Texas
2001 Merc Cougar. 87k I took my car in to get new breaks. Joel (or Joey) told me it would be $170 for breaks and $40 for a break fluid flush (which I confirmed with another mechanic prior I should get). I argued about the $99.88. He said they don't carry my pads in stock so it costs more. I asked him the price breakdown of the 99.88 deal and he said they charge $49.88 for parts and $50 for labor on the $99.88 deal. I said then they must be charging me $120 for pads, or $30 each which I said is too high. He said they get it from a book. He also said they automatically add in like $20 when all the sudden it doesnt fall into the $99.88 category because they now have to look up the part and get it ordered and such. $25 for each pad is twice the price I can get them for at autozone. I guess I made him feel bad enough about the price, he called me back and told me they would take off the $40 for the break fluid flush. Sean Frisco, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Mckinney, Texas
Oct 06 2008
Just Brakes 99.88? Stockbridge Georgia
I went to just brakes because my truck has 50,000 miles on it. And i knew it was time. I do mechanic work my self but for 99.88 it was a good deal, the pads and shoes alone would cost 80.00 dollars.So i go in at 7 o'clock on 10/4/08 they take my truck back for 40 minutes or so and come back in and say well let me show you whats the problem. Now keep in mind my truck has only 50,000 miles on it and the only problem i've had is a little vibration at high speed stops and miner squeaking. I walk back there and the safety expert says my rotors are just in limits, pads & shoes are gone, front hardware is worn out, rear brake cylinders are shot and i need to have my fluid changed it is the reason all this has worn out. He then shows me this will all cost $400. I agreed that my rotors need to be turned and that my pads were worn some what but ever thing else seemed to be fine. So i told him to just do the 99.88 deal and thats it. He then gets rude and says i don't know what i'm talking about and they do this every day. I then got pissed and told them to do as i said and thats it. So I get my truck out start driving and notice that my brakes seem weak. I go home and check the adjustment on the rear brakes and they were all the way out. They were hardly grabbing at all. So i adjust them and the truck stops fine, good firm brakes. I guess they wanted my front brakes to wear out so i would come back. Not a chance in Hell.. Jason mcdonough, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Stockbridge, Georgia
Aug 28 2008
Just Brakes Another Rip-Off!! Tampa Florida
Brought my car into JB because of course the phrase we really do care slogan was catchy and it was close to my job. I too of course thought the $99 brake job was a good deal considered I called other places that were more expensive. I told them NOT to work on anything and to call me to see how much it was going to be. They called back telling me I needed all these parts for my breaks... the bill came out to be over $700!!! I wasn't going to be rude about it, but I kindly told them I didn't have that kind of money and I might have it by next week and not to work on my car until then. This of course was just a ploy so they would think I was coming back. Then of course they tried asking me if they could just fix some of it for it be drivable, but I refused. Well this is the cathcer!! No only are they rip-offs but they rigged my breaks and made them worse to where I could hardley drive it home!!! The first red light I came to I thought I was going to crash into the car next to me because they were that bad!! My breaks might have been squeaky when I brought it there, but they were definately tight!! I went to a friends friend and they told me half of the thingd JB was trying to charge me for was practly new! I walked out of the other shop with a $250 bill instead! Nice try JB!!! Guess they thought a girl with a family van was pretty vulnerable... NOT!!! Michelle Land O Lakes, FloridaU.S.A.
Aug 28 2008
Just Brakes Another Rip-Off!! Tampa Florida
Jun 05 2007
Just Brakes Bait and switch ripoff Pflugerville Texas
I went to Just Brakes in Pflugerville TX, because like most of the customers i heard about the $99 brake job deal. My brake pads were making ocassional noise(squeeling) I drop my vehicle off in the morning around 9. About 12 pm i get a call from BILLY stating that i needed the calipers, the hardware and other items totaling $554.00. I stated i only wanted the pads on all 4 discs done. Then BILLY used scare tactics trying to get me to believe that if i didn't get the work done he recommended my brakes might not even stop the car eventually. I said fine do the brakes and hardware. I pick up my car around 7 pm after they had to work on it after closing. I noticed on my way home the brakes were squeeling anytime i even tapped them.( before it was only occasionally.) I go the next day and explain to BILLY he says we will look at it, they looked at it and said that it was the brakes that hadnt been worn in yet. ( i have another vehicle, that after a long trip the brakes were so bad that they were grinding without even applying the brakes, and all i did was replace the pads: PROBLEM SOLVED. And here is this person that takes people for idiots tellling me that its just the pads. 200 plus miles later still squeeling. I will keep posted after i go in and talk to BILLY. for the third time WHAT THE HELL EVER happened to getting something you pay for? I and many others work hard for their money only to get it stripped from us by these thieves. this is truly one of my pet peeves. It seems JUST BRAKES IS A RIP OFF AND BILLY is just the LACKEY that does the dirty work of doing the ripping off. Adam Austin, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Pflugerville, Texas
Jun 18 2007
Just Brakes ripoff fraudelnt Deltona Florida
I warn everyone in the Orlando area, STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM JUST BRAKES!!! They get customers in the door with their $99.88 advertised low price to do all four wheels IN MOST CASES is the key word. If you drive an '05 Chevy Malibu, it's not $99.88 because of a non-stocking fee that they assess and it varies in price from an additional $50 to $600. I am a former employee of Just Brakes and worked as a manager and had to keep sales high in order to keep my job. As you can see, I am no longer employeed because I didn't sell enough. This company could care less about the customer, all they are concerned about is amking money. In fact, their company national average for sales $350 per vehicle. If they come at you saying you need to rebuild your calipers, replace from disc hardware, rear return springs, bleed, fill & adjust and any other long list of unnecessary repairs that is over $350, don't buy it!! They constantly have classes over in their West Colonial store (#623) about selling strategies and never concentrate on customer satisfaction. Don't go to the store in Casselberry off S.R. 436, the managers, Mike & Drew will pressure you & bully you into buying unneccessary repairs and will insult you intelligence (ironically, they are the #1 store in the Orlando market). When I worked there, I had a customer come in who had visited my store over a year ago, when another set of managers were there, and was so unsatisfied, he was going to call the media. That was one of the many reasons why I was let go because I wanted to make him happy and try to fix his stated problem which was never fixed and he spent over $2000 on his vehicle. The market manager, Jeff Turner, told me over the phone when I was confronted regarding this that there are hundered of other parts that could fail on the vehicle and it could have worn out when he left the shop and WE didn't notice it; basically encouraging people to come back and spend even more money out of them. They also live by their phone track which is 2 8.5x14 papers that you are supposed to say verbatim when a customer calls. In fact, you have to memorize it and write the whole thing down in 10 mistakes or less or you don't have a job there. Another reason why you can not trust this company is because they hire people who are convicted felons and on probation from things such as theft, possesion & DUI. These ones steal from the company and will steal from you. The store in E. Colonial by Dean Road has been reported to the BBB over 30 times within the last year. The N. Orange Blossom Trail store has incompetant technicians who have no idea what they are doing and the management changes like the seasons in the year. Same thing for the Winter Park store (only 4.76 miles apart from each other). My advice to all Central Floridians, stear clear of Just Brakes, if you want to save yourself the headache & aggrevation (not to mention being insulted) of Just Brakes. Chris Deltona, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Deltona, Florida
Jul 23 2007
Just Brakes Bait and Switch Dallas Texas
They baited and switched me like everyone else. Whatever you do, please DO NOT use the links below to seek out Bennett Cloud the company CEO and commit an act of vengeance upon his greedy a$$ !! http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=4362310 http://www.americanexecutive.com/spotlights/sl_03_07_JustBrakes.asp happy motoring people ! hahaha Huufarted Rodchester, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
84, Report #320025
Mar 21 2008
Just Brakes Consumber Beware Houston Texas
I went to just brakes on march 7th of 2008. i went in because of the false special they have 99 dollar pads etc etc. This is just not true. this was actually the second time that i have taken a car there and shame on me for that. they did the same thing that they did last time which is once they get you in there you have to sign a paper stating that you agree to pay the 99 dollars to have the brakes done. then they take your entire braking system apart and bring you back into the repair bay. at this point they tell you how all of this stuff needs to be done. my total went from 99 to 452 quick. i told them all i had was 220 so they stated that they would do all the work to the front and put pads on the back but that i would need to come back. instead of going back i went and had a free brake inspection at another reputable company who in turned took a look at everything and stated that my brakes were fine. they also tole me at the reputable place that they have ALOT of customers coming in after going to just brakes for the same reason. they are the biggest rip off of them all. if anyone out there has a class action lawsuit going against this company i would love to be apart of it. Consumber beware do not go to just brakes. Dan katy, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Houston, Texas
Jul 08 2004
JUST BRAKES ripoff PORT RICHEY Florida
Went in for a $99.00 brake job and walked away in excess of $500.00. I had no idea that this was a class action complaint until I heard that there were other dissatisfied customers. Lewis l. HUDSON, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: PORT RICHEY, Florida
Jul 20 2004
Just Brakes rip-off! Brandon Florida
I went into the Just Brakes in Brandon Florida to have only my front pads changed on my brakes and take advantage of their advertized $98 brake job. I was VERY specific that I only wanted my front pads changed and nothing more. I even stated that I do not authorized any additional work on my vehicle except for my brake pads regardless of what they claim they find. Well, I went off to run some errands and when I return to claim my vehicle 2 hours later, I am given a bill for $758 worth of work they claim my vehicle needed. I became very irrate and asked who authorized this work. I was very specific about what I did and did not want done to my car. I demanded that my car be returned to the original condition it was when I first brought it there because I was not paying for any of this work. They told me they could not put back all my original parts because they had broke them. So this left me no choice, I had to pay for this bill or I would never be able to drive my car again. My car was fairly new and did not require any of the work they claimed they did. I know pretty much about brakes having done them plenty of times before I was just trying to save myself some time, and I know for a fact that my car did not need any of this work done. Not only did they rip me off, now my vehicle is in WORST condition than before and I'm going to have to get my car worked on because of they messed up. Anton Tampa, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Brandon, Florida
Apr 02 2009
Just Brakes Insider's Report Newnan Georgia
Reporting this in the hopes it will prevent other's from being a victim of Just Brakes. I am not a victim, but have been in the social situations of employees, namely the managers/qualified inspectors. The manager/qualified inspector's salery is based on a percentage of the daily/weekly/monthly tote. To make their paycheck they must convince you to add monetarily to your brake job. This is accomplished in the highest regard of salesmanship. 1. Owners of Volvos. You are THE #1 target. 2. Owners of Fords, most notably any Ford SUV, you are the #2 target. The Ford Focus, while not an SUV, is a target of disdain. 3. Women. While it may appear as if you are being treated equally, you are not, and you will be held in judgement by the vehicle you drive. 4. Just Brake's waiting room is purposely cramped and unpleasant. The store's locations are strategically placed within easy walking distance of restaurants and shopping centers. 5. Any consumer can enter the work area and watch the work being done on their vehicle, this is never noted or offered. 6. The technicians that perform the work DO NOT receive any monetary perks from upgrades. They are paid at an hourly rate. HOWEVER, if upgrades or parts as needed should cause overtime, this would be their monetary plus. NOTE #7 BELOW: 7. Added UPGRADED parts to a work order are always within reach. It is the job of the manager or qualified inspector to do a call around to neighboring stores and gain parts not in stock. It is quite possible, in the event and highly unlikely, that this part is not in stock at neighboring Just Brakes location The part needed may be purchased by management over the counter at any auto parts store. 8. The TEST DRIVE for safety at the end. I personally viewed the 'test drive'. Your vehicle is being driven with reckless abandon, zero respect. 9. This is the toughest of all. Please read as 'Race/Gender Bias'. I will leave this unsaid, as it speaks volumes. 10. Technicians. This too is tough. You are mocked and belittled by management, yet fulfilling the work order and executing the job. These 10 points of Just Brakes are simply to provide you, the consumer with a general point of overall reference. I have purposely kept this report short and neat as I am not a victim, simply an insider. I hope this speaks volumes larger than dollars and cents. Alarm Atlanta, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Newnan, Georgia
Dec 22 2009
JUST BRAKES RIP OFF ARTIST katy, Texas
 RIP OFF ARTIST, PERRY RD HOUSTON TX? - ? - 2009-12-22 This guy tells me its going to cost $600.00 to fix my brtakes because the calibers are sticking causing my brake pads to crystilize...I told him not to do anything to my car because I have a warranty and will take it to the dealership first. He tells me they have already began the work and just to put the brakes back on, he will charge me $91.00. I agree, and two days later, on Monday take it to the dealership.. they informed me it was a scam. That NOTHING was wrong with my car. NOTHING at all. However the Rotors were put back on with the wrong screws and so loose I could have had an accident. Mind you I am a single mother of a 5 year old little girl. It breaks my heart to think The OWNER gambled with our lives, and on top of it all tried to take advantage of me...THE WEEK OF CHRISTMAS!! DO NOT...I REPEAT DO NOT GET SCAMMED BY THIS BUSINESS. THEY ARE HONORABLE PEOPLE!!
Entity: katy, Texas
Jul 23 2010
Just Brakes - Snellville, GA Fraud - Snellvilee, Georgia
My mother took her four year old car to Just Brakes for the $99.00 special.  Once there she was told that she had severe problems including a leak in the back cylinder which had caused the calipers to go bad which had damaged the brake shoes and rotors.  The estimated cost of these repairs was $742.00 dollars.  She called me upset and asked my opinion.  Having recently driven her car, I did not believe that anything was wrong with her brakes and I instructed her to have them put her car back together and take it somewhere else.  When she did, the tech told her that they didn't have to do all of the repairs, but there were certain ones that needed to be done in order for the car to be road safe.  He reiterated this over and over again using scare tactics to get her money.  When she continued to insist she was told she would have to wait because their policy was to service paying customers first.  When they were finally done putting her car back together, she requested a copy of the quote and was told that she could not have it since she wasn't paying them any money. She immediately left and took it to NTB for a second opinion and without giving them any background from the ordeal with Just Brakes was told that there was nothing wrong with her brakes and she had another 3000 or so miles before she even needed the brake pads replaced.  She explained the circumstances to the tech and NTB who took her back and showed her exactly why none of what Just Brakes said could possibly be true. From my research on the matter, it seems that this is a standard practice with Just Brakes... lure people in with the $99.00 advertisement and then add on extra unneeded repairs.  I can't believe they are still in business with these tactics.  Everyone should stay away from this company.  Taking your car to a more reputable place will save you a lot of money in the future.
Entity: Snellvilee, Georgia
May 24 2010
Just Brakes Caliper Scam Sanford, Florida
We went into Just Brakes for the $99 deal for our 2004 Chevrolet Silverado. And like so many other consumers including undercover investigators for the tv show Inside Edition, we were duped into the 'caliper scam'. My brakes were slightly squeaking, no real noise and they called us back and told us that 'it wasn't good'. They went into some long story about how we not only needed pads, shoes, and rotors, but that we also needed pistons and calipers on all 4 wheels and that our padding was thinner than a sheet of paper and all total the work we needed would be $645.83. Now I have found, this is the EXACT amount they tried to scam the Inside Edition reporters out of. Us, not being car saavy people were terrified our brakes were going to give out (thats what they lead us to believe) under us and so we told them to do only the necessary work for it to be safe, none of the caliper work. We only wanted pads and shoes done. They said that would work and to our surprise when we went and picked up the car our total came to $456. They replaced ALL the calipers and pistons when we told them not to. And they overcharged us for everything possible in the brake system. The next day we took our truck to an honest mechanic who told us that calipers almost never need to be replaced and they doubled and tripled charged us for the work that they did. According to the honest shop's estimate we shouldn't have been charged anymore than $125 for the amount of work we needed done. This has been extremely stressful as we do not make very much money and we feel extremely taken advantage of. A class action lawsuit needs to be brought against this group of crooks.
Entity: Sanford, Florida
Apr 06 2012
Just Brakes trained rip offs Tampa, Florida
My mistake was, not reading your reports before I went to just brakes. Went to Tires plus in June of 2011 for front pads and got the whole run around about not being liable if they did not replace a front shock but still cost $216.00 for a $149.00 brake job. In April 2012 thought I would try Just Brakes because I could hear a slight squeal in the rear brakes. $149.00 and would be ready in 30 minutes. I got a call from the manager saying there was major problems to the tune of $461.00. I went by and was told that I not only needed pads but had leaks and bad calipers that had to be changed before it could leave the shop. Checking the drums, there was no visible leaks, although he kept insisting they would not be held liable. Just to put the pads on, my bill is up to $261.00 and I've been waiting for the van for 5 1/2 hours while I write this report. Just their professional way to punish, I suppose. Bottom line, Stay away from the trained ripoffs at Just Brakes. I can only hope the vehicle is safe to drive when I do get it back, they were very upset with me for not just handing over my hard earned money.
Feb 27 2009
Just Brakes = Liars and Thieves! Casselberry Florida
Lately I've been noticing some slight shaking of my steering wheel in my 2005 Ford Taurus. So like all of you I went to a Just Brakes located in Casselberry, FL on Semoran Blvd. because the $99.88 special seemed too good to be true. Well guess what? It certainly was! After inspecting my brakes they told me that both rear brakes were failing which caused my two front rotors to become so warped that they needed to be replaced. They then told me that they needed to go ahead and replace all of my rear brakes which included the wheel cylinders, drums, hardware, return springs, shoes, front rotors, and front pads for a total of $547.00 plus tax. I immediately told them to put everything back together and that I wanted a second opinion. At that point they tried to force me into leave my car by saying, Well, we've already got it taken apart and my guys are ready to do the work. So you might as well just let us do it!. But after some deliberation, they finally let me have my car back. I then drove over to a (((competitor's name redacted)))(who also offers a free brake inspection), and the guy there told me that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my rear brakes and that they appeared to be working like brand new. The only thing he said I did need was to replace my two front rotors since they are no longer machineable, and to have my brake lines flushed and refiled because the copper content was really high. He even said that he'll adjust and calibrate my rear brakes for free if I wanted him to. Simply amazing. I'm shocked that Just Brakes is still allowed to business in Central Florida. Mike Altamonte Springs, FloridaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Just Brakes sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company, ..plus, if you post a competitors name more than likely they will show up on search engines as a Rip-off! - - your comments on this policy are welcome. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. In this case we removed an alleged competitor's name
Entity: Casselberry, Florida
Oct 28 2009
JUST BRAKES BAIT AND SWITCH SWINDLERS Mesa, Arizona
Same song and dance about wanting to charge for unnecessary repairs. The mechanic tried to charge me $741.00 for brake repairs when all I needed was brake shoes. Their justification is that that they want to rebuild your brakes back to the condition as they were if they were new. Duh... If I wanted new brakes, then I would purchase a new car. I just wanted to maintain my brakes, not to get ripped off. Ironically, the mechanic tried to charge another poor customer the exact same price. The guy could barely speak english. He even told him that it would cost him $99.00 just to look under the hood. What a joke. Just another example of a gaggle of swindler mechanics. BUYER BEWARE!!
Entity: Mesa, Arizona
94, Report #532081
Dec 02 2009
Just Brakes customer Roswell, Georgia
I went to get my brakes fixed at the Roswell, Georgia location under the $99.00 special advertised. Instead, I was charged $632.00 for a $70.00 master cylinder and two sets of brake pads. This was a rip off, considering that I could have gone to any other place and got the same job done at around $385.00 or less. Just Brakes is nothing more than a rip off company that advertises specials as a means to get you in the door.
Entity: Roswell, Georgia
Apr 01 2011
Just Brakes Price Gouging Denver, Colorado
After hearing a grinding sound from my back brakes, I took my vehicle in to Just Brakes to get them repaired. I too, saw the sign at the front counter for all four brakes done for $99!approximately one hour later The Just Brakes Mechanic called me and told me it would cost me $534.00 to fix my back and front brakes. I told him that there was no way that I could afford that. I was told my rear rotors were beyond repair and my from rotors needed to be grinded and would then be ok. I told the mechanic to put it back together that I would pick up my vehicle. When I got to the shop my car was still disassembled. The mechanic told me the rotors were severely damaged. again I told him I couldnt afford the $534 price. He said he would not charge for the bleed and would only fix the rear brakes for $400. I was told that I would have to return to get the front brakes fixed soon, as they would start to grind in a few days.  About a week later I returned to the same shop. My front brakes were grinding and I fiugured what better place to take them than the place that already knows what the issue is. This time my quote was for $600! I know I should have just taken my vehicle somewhere else. I only have one vehicle. So I felt I had no choice. Now I can't tell you how angry I am. What can I do? I plan to notify the better business bureau. Do I have any legal standing to sue? Any feedback would help.
Entity: Denver, Colorado
Dec 09 2008
Just Brakes vandalized my BMW X5 Henderson Nevada
I called Just Brakes on 11/09/08 to get estimate for replacing brakes on my 2003 BMW X5. The rep. introduced himself as Bo-J and said it would cost $99 plus. He said to drop the car for an estimate. So, I dropped my car there and after 45 minutes he called me saying to come by and check to see what needs to be done. He wouldn't discuss the price on the phone. When I got there my car was on the lift with all four wheels off. His mechanic proceeded to show me that the boots on the front axle were torn and leaking oil. This seemed obsured since I just took the car to Honest-1 Auto afew week earlier for a brake inspection and they didn't mention anything about the boots being torn. Also the car was inspected at BMW dealership afew months ago! I just wanted to get the cheapest estimate available to replace the front brakes. My car has only 45K miles. It's highly unlikely that the axle boots would be torn like that. I think Just Brakes tore them! They wanted to charge me $550 to replace them. Also, they said I need fix the calipers because the piston is sticking. The cost = $220. Also, Bo-J said I need to replace both front and rear pads and rotors. The cost = $430. The grand total coming to $1200. What a Ripoff! I was furious. I told him to put the car back together and I am taking it somewhere else. He tried to convince me to fix it there because they would charge much less than the dealership. Upon leaving I told him that he'll hear from my attorney. Gooz HENDERSON, NevadaU.S.A.
Entity: Henderson, Nevada
May 07 2009
Just Brakes Major Scam! Roswell Georgia
Last year Just Brakes did a major brake job on my car, costing about $500. Of course, they upsold me after I thought I could get the brakes fixed for their advertised price of $99. How foolish of me to fall for this scam! I took the car to them yesterday because of a scrubbing noise, and they said I need new cylinders for the rear brakes. They were going to charge me more than $200 to do the job. After they had charged me so much money in the past, I was suspicious of them. I told them I would get a price from another mechanic, and the guy said, Call him on our phone right now. Of course, he knew the other mechanic was not there to look at the car. He wanted me to get a price from the other guy over the phone, and then he would go ahead and try to do the work on my car. I told him I would see my other mechanic in person. After I saw my other mechanic today, he checked out the car and said there is nothing wrong with the brakes. He said the scrubbing noise is from the cheap quality pads that Just Brakes uses to save money! He said they use the cheap metallic pads, and these pads don't last long. He said the best type of pads to use are the ceramic ones. I'm certainly glad I went to see my regular mechanic. I had the brakes done at Just Brakes before I discovered my regular mechanic, so I have the lifetime warranty on the brakes from Just Brakes. However, the warranty is not much good when the company puts cheap parts on your car, and then they lie to your face and tell you that you need repairs, when you don't really need them! Regarding the $99 special, my regular mechanic said he can't even buy brakes for that low of a price! That just goes to show where Just Brakes is really making their money: By selling us brake parts we don't really need. I hope these scammers can be put out of business! They have been ripping people off for many years! Stay far away from this company! Tim Alpharetta, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Roswell, Georgia
May 11 2011
Just Brakes Caliper Scam Round 2 Humble, Texas
Back in 2007 I took my 2005 Chevy pickup to Just Brakes in Kingwood. That store is no longer there. I went in for the $99 pads/shoes deal. They told me then my calipers and pistons needed work. At the time they were still covered under factory warranty so I told them just do the pads and shoes and I'll have the dealer take care of the caliper issue. The receipt they gave me listed the work/parts I had refused and the cost of the parts. $205.00. The dealer inspected everything and said there was absolutely nothing wrong with my calipers or pistons. As an added note for all you that are saying the dealer just didn't want to do warranty work, the dealer did find something I was not aware of and fixed it at no cost to me. They discoved I had a bad tie rod end.Now jump forward 4 years. My front pads were down to nothing and the one rotor that Kingwood milled down to minimun thickness was in bad shape. The Humble shop said the pads and shoes were on the house but now I needed a rotor (agreed...it was shot), both rear drums (said they were too thin), springs and other hardware, calipers (2) again, and pistons (4) again and some other odds and ends. Bottom line was going to be $936.00. My refused parts list cost this time was $630.00There was a lady in the lobby when I showed up. Her car was on the lift and I asked if they had consulted her yet. They had not. I bet her they'd come back and say she needed caliper work. Sure enough they said all four calipers needed replacement along with the pistons and they'd do it for about $450.00.We both had them put everything back together and we left. I went straight to the auto parts store and bought 2 new rotors and new pads all with lifetime warranties . Total cost, $122.00. I asked for a price check on complete caliper sets with all the hardware, pistons, etc. $46.95 each with lifetime warranty.I have talked to no fewer than a dozen people that have gone to various Just Brakes shops and they all were told they needed caliper and piston work. Mind blowing.
Entity: Humble, Texas
Jun 02 2011
JUST BRAKES SCAM, Tempe, Arizona
Took my daughters 2006 Kia (40,000 miles) in for pads and for the rotors to be ground on the 27th of may 2011 @10AM just before the Holiday. I was visiting her for my grand daughters graduation. I live in Florida. They tried to do the caliper replacement thing. Which were not needed and we did agree to let them put new hardware on which was probably not needed. The bill would have been 245.00. That was not a problem. About 1PM they called and said this car needs a new master cylinder. I said how can a car come in working perfectly fine all of the sudden have a bad master cyliner. They said since I didnt agree to replacing the calipers that it would effect the master cylinder. That is when I should have said put the car back together but I agreed for them to replace the master cylinder for 170.00$ . They said the car will be ready at 3PM we called at 3 and of course the car wasnt ready. They couldnt find a master cylinder. The soonest they could get one was in 4 days. Of course I lost it and wanted him to pay for a rental car and of course that didnt fly. He said I will call you back. He did in about 5 minutes and asked how long had it been since the oil had been changed (there was a sticker on the windshield that was about a month old.) I asked my daughter she said a month ago at the dealer. I repeated that and he said that is what the problem is. He said they topped off the master cylinder with something like power steering fluid. Of course I blew up. He said let me call you back which he did in 5 minutes and said we can fix the car and replace all the lines and hoses on the brake system since it was contaminated. That will cost over 1500.00$ .  During that phone call I was googling Just Brakes ( Why I didnt do that before I will never know.) I mentioned to Jesus the manager that there were hundreds and hundreds of complaints on just these issues and that is when he said we will put the car back together of course it has no pedal and you can come and get it. What a deal, the next morning we went to look at the car and they were rolling it out of the shop (It had no brake pedal and the master cylinder was dry). Now remember the car was working fine when we had taken it in. It just needed brake pads that is it. they were not even squealing from the safety tabs. We called the dealer and and they could not pick it up until Tuesday and I had to leave my rental car for my daughter which cost over 500.00$ . The dealer called me and said there was absolutely nothing wrong with the master cylinder and the system was not contaminated. They replaced the pads and ground the rotors for 230.00$ . Unbelievable please do not use this chain. In my 59 years of being on this earth I have never seen such a scam. I sent Just Brakes corporate a similar explanation and have not heard from them. I am calling a TV station in Phoenix which I have a friend and we will persue a story on this.
Entity: Tempe, Arizona
Aug 08 2012
Just Brakes coupon was not honored - Duluth, Georgia
I went to Just Brakes with a coupon for an oil change for $18.88.  They said that my car does not qualify because it is a Honda.  My oil change would be $39.88 with a discount of $11.00.  Of course, that didn't include shop fees which I noticed after I left the place.  I've heard they add another $10 to the price.  Both men that worked that reeked of alcohol and cigarettes!  I think the one guy was missing most of his teeth.  When I first arrived, no one was in the office.  I had to walk all the way through the four stall garage and found this nasty guy sitting on his laptop.  He didn't notice me until I said, H-e-l-l-o...  After the other dude finally arrived from I'm sure his millionth cigarette/alcohol break, he gave me the pricing.  I told him to forget it... So glad I did after hearing all of these ripoff reports of that dirty, nasty so-called garage.  Thank god I didn't take it there for my brakes that need to be changed!!!  I almost did...  What a scam!!  How can these idiots keep ripping people off?
Entity: Duluth, Georgia