LA FITNESS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: LA Fitness

There may be more reports for "LA Fitness"

For more results perform a general search for "LA Fitness"

Showing 26-50 of 13,592 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "LA Fitness"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Aug 01 2015
LA Fitness Nate Manager Largo Florida
 LA Fitness in Largo is the biggest ripoff ever . I have spoken with many managers at this new location in Largo . On 6-29-15 they charged my card the membership fee my membership fee was due on the 6-28-2015 . They charged it on the 29th instead and hit me with a late fee of 5.00 . Then on 7/29/2015 they did the same thing when I had the money in my account at La Fitness . Then just yesterday they charged my account 55.93 cents . I contacted my bank on this issue and filed a fraud complaint on LA Fitness in Largo .When I spoke to manager Nate he insured me this would never happen again with my card and my membership was in good standing and I said OK . And surprise they ripped me off my money once again . Needless to say I want to warn other consumers about LA Fitness in Largo so it doesn't happen to them like it happened to me . On top of that I have it in writing on the paper work membership should only cost 44.95 cents they stated tax it comes out to 48.95 however in writing it is 44.95 centsHello Mike, Welcome to LA Fitness! We are delighted that you have chosen LA Fitness as your club to help you achieve your fitness goals. Below is your purchase confirmation for your files.   Membership Summary   Join Date: 5/28/2015   Membership Type: Fitness Initiation Fee: $149.00 Dues Amount: $44.95 Prepaid Dues: $89.90 First billing date: 6/28/2015 Total Paid: $255.62 Balance Owed On Down Payment: $0.00 Copy Of Your Agreement: Attached Because we value our members and want to be a part of your success, look for your new member packet email.
Entity: Largo, Florida
Aug 27 2015
LA Fitness scam lying stealing many more to list Irvine Nationwide
I joined LA Fitness in November. A day later I joined their Personnel Trainer (very huge mistake) program. Both memberships were on a month to month basis to my knowledge. In June I had to cancel both memberships because of health issues. I canceled one with ease but the other magically became a year contract without me knowing. So I canceled my credit card and got a new one with different numbers so they would not charge me. Somehow they got my new credit card number without my permission. That is illegal in my book. I am trying to find out for sure. I would like to join anyone who is considering a lawsuit. So, never join LA Fitness. They are liars and scam artist.
Feb 29 2016
LA FITNESS FRAUDULEND ACTIONS Seattle Washington
LA FITINESS – I RECOMMEND TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY In March of 2011 my wife and I signed up with Vision Quest. Then in November of 2011 my wife canceled and I renewed for a year plus 6 months free and paid the entire amount due. Due to extra work and no time I finally decided to canceled my contract with Vision Quest in September of 2012. Unfortunately I have the managers name and the date but not written proof of cancelation as I had asked but they said no. That did not make me happy but what could I do about it but keep the mangers name and the date. So the last time I was at Vision Quest was in late 2012 before it was bought by LA Fitness. Now the current activities: In 2013 LA Fitness bought Vision Quest and without my permission LA Fitness started to withdraw from my bank account on a monthly basis with no notification verbal or written. This was unknown to me because as far as I knew they did not have my bank account number or credit card number as neither is listed on the Vision Quest Membership Agreement to whom I had paid a full year in advance and I never had a agreement with LA Fitness. The account in question was one that I used about twice a year so seldom checked so unfortunately I never noticed the small payments of $20.81 a month they were withdrawing. Also being that neither Vision Quest or LA Fitness ever sent an email or paper mail indicating that they were starting the monthly withdrawals and I was not aware that my Vision Quest account had NOT been canceled I never realized that I was paying monthly. This continued until February of 2016 when the bank account ran out of money and I got a call from LA Fitness that they could not take their payment out . WHAT PAYMENT??????? So off I went to LA Fitness to ask what the____ was going on. Where I was informed that I was a member. Even though I had not been there ever and I had CANCELED my membership with Vision Quest and they had no “check in” ever listed for me, Of course I had never been to their gym. I spoke with the manager and he connected me with the customer service person. This person indicated that the best he could do was to refund 2 months of payments. Later he said 6 months. But after their withdrawal of $772.56 including maintance fees $124.86 doesn’t quite make it. I have since canceled the membership AGAIN and have since AGAIN received 2 additional calls about non payment of dues and an additional $15.00 charge for non payment. So I am not sure how many times you have to cancel but you might want to ask if you are signing up with them. So I would NEVER EVER EVER recommend using LA Fitness. But if you do read my story first, as I am writing this to let everyone know that if you decide to work with LA Fitness make sure that you get everything in writing, signed and dated and don’t take a no for an answer when you ask for copies as this company does not keep you informed and is not trustworthy.
Entity: Seattle , Washington
Apr 05 2016
LA Fitness Condescension with poor customer service! Plainfield Illinois
 I joined when the club was fairly new. I paid an initiation fee and pay more per month now then anyone I talk to. When addressing this with management, they of course can do nothing to adjust the price. Of course I can PAY to have the price adjusted. Of the 3 people at the club I was talking to, only one of them was even nice. The other two talked to me as if I was insignificant & they could care less. They said only corporate could do any price adjusting, so I asked for corporates phone number. JACOB made a point to put a note under my account so corporate was ready for my call. So not only did the man at corporate talk to me like I was a moron, like most of the men working there do, but he was rude and condescending as well. I don't mind paying for something if I'm getting my money's worth. But over the last year or so, the place has deteriorated. The shower heads are covered with green lime scale (I have the same water & I clean mine & they don't look like that), the spa (when it works) has a greasy film on the tiles and on top the water, and every time I'm there, there's at least a few cardiac machines out of order. Worst of all, I don't work out near closing time anymore, I don't feel safe. When I told the condescending man from corporate, he said they provide lighting in the parking lot, the rest is my responsibility, and if something were to happen, it's not their fault. In addition to not feeling safe, I've told staff who were working at the time, that there is a member who's family doesn't watch her properly, and she's walked in on me showering. This is not the club I signed up with seven years ago, and I no longer feel I'm getting what I pay for. I WAS ALSO TOLD MONTHLY PRICES WILL RISE TO $39.99/month.
Entity: Plainfield, Illinois
Feb 20 2017
LA Fitness Filthy clifton New Jersey
Filthy. Filthy.Filthy.Email to customer service regarding the FILTHY CONDITIONS shortly after I joined. I was assured that customer satisfaction is their priority, and the issue would be addressed. Emailed again a week later and explained that the condition had not changed at all. No response.Asked for the operations manager at the front desk two weeks after that as the filth persisted. I was told that I would not be given the information because the managers contact information is not given to members!!! Customer satisfaction is a priority for sure. A low, low one. The A-1 priority is clear as the sales staff goes to town on new prospects as I wait to speak to a manager I'm not important enough to access.I hope I can post the photographs. I was shocked when I observed the same crud spots on the main work-out floor from one week to the next. Unsanitary, disappointing, and even dismissive at a basic human level, let alone at the level of business ethics and customer satisfaction.
Entity: clifton, New Jersey
May 18 2014
LA Fitness Almost impossible to cancel membership Miami Florida
I went today to this gym to cancel my membership and the front desk guy told me that I have to go there again fron Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, which is almost impossible for a guy with a regular job. I just wondering if they are open to use the same tactic to enroll with them. Then that same guy told me that the second option is to print out tge cancellation form, which I tried several tines online (impossible) and he told me they didn't have paper to print... Then he called a guy at the other gym located at 56th Street and 137th Avenue in Miami, a guy named Andre to go there and this ither guy is going to help me out with the cancellation process. I wennt there and a very rude, disrespectful Andre told me that he can't do anything without his supervisor and I have to cone back from Monday to Friday...same old. I decided to go back to the previous gym with my own paper and ket them print out the form. The guy at furst told me that because they were out of paper the printer printed out other forms first. Trying to be cool I told him to please print it on an used paper, which he did, after more than one hour if struggling.
Entity: Miami, Florida
May 26 2014
LA Fitness Unethical management Keller Texas
This place has the most unethical management I've ever encountered. When I went to downgrade my membership in 2013, I was told I could only do so in person, during specific hours speaking directly to the general manager. It took me a month to do so and only when I threatened to cancel. Months later when I decided that the rude staff and the over-chlorinated pool were too much for me, I cancelled my account. I was given a date by when my cancellation would process (because you pre-pay your first and last month at the beginning). I was very surprised several months later to see that they had not cancelled me and had continued to bill my credit card. When confronted with this, the general manager insisted I provide proof and refused to refund me. When I insisted she threatened to have her staff bounce me out of the gym.
Entity: Keller, Texas
May 07 2014
LA Fitness Bad First Impression Alsip Illinois
 On Saturday May 3rd, 2014, I came into the Alsip, Illinois, LA Fitness to sign up as a new member. After working with a rep. I decided to enroll. As I was sitting with the rep, I started to get alerts from my bank stating that I was being charged duplicate charges (3) by LA Fitness while I was still sitting there completing the enrollment. Mike apologized, spoke on the telephone to the “Operations Manager” whom he said instructed him to back out of the transactions and that my money ($279.00) would be returned to my bank account within 1 business day- by Monday. At that time I could come in to complete the enrollment process. I agreed to come in Monday after my funds were returned. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday have come and gone, no funds have been returned. I called Monday afternoon the Alsip Il club and asked a young lady to speak to the Manager. She informed me that the Manager was not available and after putting me on hold to speak to Mike, she returned to inform me that it would be Tuesday when I would receive my refund and teh manager would call me back and never did until the following day when I called the corporate ofice. I have also spoken to a representative at LA Fitness headquarters at 949-255-8100, the agent (Yasmine) informed me that it will take 3-5 business days for the transaction to “Fall off” which is UNACCEPTABLE. I was then put on hold to speak to a manager and then hung up on TWICE. Three days no refund and I still can't workout! Not Happy at all!
Entity: Alsip , Illinois
34, Report #205471
Aug 10 2006
LA Fitness Ripoff liars fraud Tempe Arizona
I was quite amazed to find all these entries about LA Fitness, and nearly all of them about the same thing: ripoff personal trainers. I was searching the web for the name of the president or the ceo of the company, so I could send them a personal email. If I find it, I will post it here so EVERYONE can send personal emails. My story unfolds as follows: I went to LA Fitness about 2 and a half weeks ago to start 2 new memberships for one of my sons and I. Upon sitting down at the table with that club's general manager, he informed me that I would receive one hour free personal trainer for both you and your son. Great, I thought, I don't need it, but my son does, I want a routine tailored for his age: 13. I told him as such, I have been working out for 30 years, I know what to do, but for a person that age, well, I wanted some help. I joined up, and then made an appointment with the personal trainer manager for that club. He broke the appointment, we found out, upon arrival at the club on the given day and hour. Okay, I thought, let's try this again. So I sat down at a desk with one of his employees and rescheduled for 4 days later on a Saturday afternoon. He again broke the appointment, this time not bothering to call the club to even tell anyone he wasn't going to show up. I don't take kindly to such things, so I called, on a Sunday afternoon, for the manager. He wasn't there. I don't care, I responded, I have arrived on-time for 2 appointments, they have both been renigged, and there has been NO communication from ANYONE about rescheduling. They told me he couldn't be reached, and they hung up on me. Although persistent, I was not rude. I simply kept calling, about a dozen times, until they called the manager at home, who then called me. Yada, yada, yada, is what I was hearing. He promised to get the thing straightened out and call me before morning's end on Monday. He never called back, so at noon, I called him. Not there, left a message. At 4:00pm, I called again. Not there. I called AGAIN, this time I finally got him. He, of course, couldn't deal with a person like me. If you are operating a company and you make promises, you'd damned well better be prepared to keep them, or I will begin a relentless campaign, after reasonable patience, of course, to get things right. He called another LA fitness nearby to set up an appointment with one of THEIR trainers. He then called me back and told me I would be receiving a call within ten minutes. 2 hours went by and I went to bed, never receiving that call nor getting a call with a voice mail after I had gone to bed. And there is stands. Now I am starting my own campaign against this company, if only for myself. I have called corporate, the operator told me the only way I could file a complaint was to leave a message. Okay, I left a message, that was 4 days ago and have heard nothing. Now onto finding out who is actually in charge of this company, and making my grievances known to them/him/her. There is power in numbers, if anyone knows the phone number or email address for the president of LA Fitness, post it. We can start a huge campaign with phones ringing endlessly off their hook or a vault of email of valid, legitimate complaints. I thought maybe I was just an odd-man-out with my experience with this company, apparently this is normal for them to treat their customers this way. But, one final thought: for as bad as this company apparently treats it's customers, they DO have a good workout facility with modern equipment in excellent condition, and they keep it clean. If you can live with that alongside poor customer service, well, there you go. benb Benb Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Temp, Arizona
Oct 06 2017
LA FITNESS Scamming, Lying & Cheating Los Angeles Nationwide
LA Fitness told me twice that they would cancel my membership but continued to charge me. They charged the main holder of the account for an entire year after I tried canceling. When I called them to confront them about this they kept passing the phone over to someone else. Nobody I talked to cared about the situation. They kept telling me that I had to go in person to a gym and cancel my membership. If you don't pay your membership the billing department will harass you on the phone at least 3 times a day, EVERYDAY. They'll call your emergency contacts. They'll even google where you live and contact your landlord. However, when you try to settle a dispute with them, they are nowhere to be found.
Jun 04 2004
LA Fitness Ripoff Sleezy and Hustling Salespeople Casselberry Florida
I walked into LA Fitness the other week to inquire about a membership. I filled out a general information form with my name and address and one gentleman started inquiring about what my fitness goals were. I said that I take care of my own fitness and I just want to know how much a membership costs, I was not interested in going over my fitness goals with this clown. Then another gentleman by the name of Mike came over and asked the same questions. I aked him how much a membership was for a year and he refused to answer the question. They instead wanted me to waste my time looking at the gym before they told me the price. I told him that I would only look at the gym if I knew how much a membership cost. This clown Mike then told me that it was the company's protocol to show me around and get more of my health information before they told me the price. Eventually I said Either you tell me the price of a membership right now, or I'm gonna get up and leave. This stubborn idiot then showed me the door and said. There are plenty of other gyms in the area. Well, this clown Mike was right, a World Gym is right up the road where I went and they told me the price of their memberships right away and I paid for a year membership there. Evan Casselberry, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Casselberry, Florida
Feb 04 2008
LA Fitness Fraud Long Beach California
While in negotiations for a membership contract at the Long Beach LA Fitness, they asked to see my credit card. Without my permission they processed my credit and issued me a membership which I did not agree to. I never signed any paperwork. When I told them to credit my card, they told me their computers were not able to reverse transactions. I told them I would stop payment on my credit card was told by the manager to do whatever makes you happy. I am in the process of disputing the charge with my credit card issuer. I think the district attorney's office should investigate this crooked outfit. JB Long Beach, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Long Beach, California
Aug 04 2008
LA Fitness Unfair Membership Termination Practices Hemet California
Help stop unfair membership termination practices by the PT Director of LA Fitness. We are taking up a petition drive to help Don Kintzle regain his membership. Please send your letters of support to the Operations Manager, Sylvia Bundrant, or if you wish to do this anonymously, call Dan Corse, (951) 766-4508. We are also in the process in getting a lawyer to sue them for discrimination against Don, and for sexual harassment against several female members of the club. If you are a woman that feels you have received unwanted attention on the part of the staff of LA Fitness, I want to hear from you. Thank you. DC Hemet, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Hemet, California
Sep 08 2008
LA Fitness You are just a number Hemet California
Of the 70 new stores that were to be built by LA Fitness in 2008, only three will actually make through 'construction complete' while the rest have been put on an indefinite hold. This is in part due to the soft economy, real estate prices in free-fall, rising unemployment and consumer goods indexes (fuel). How is this a rip-off? Easy, you take an organization whose sole bent is to profit from the American diseases related to obesity and generally poor fitness habits, couple it up with a savvy Chinese business-dictator, give them unlimited funding under the auspices of minority-owned business, and Fitness-Gate is right around the corner. Ever wondered why you seemed to be the most important person in the world until the deal closed? You're just another sweetheart number. But that 20 minute sales pitch felt good, didn't it, until six months later you figured out you could have gotten a better work-out in your garage. Ever take your complaint to the front desk? How many employees in the facility do you think have any real authority? I have witnessed fist-fights in their clubs and parking lots with the result of none of the offenders losing their memberships. In fact, if you to go to any Meagan's Law Website, you'll find that they allow child-molesters to join the club where your minor children are; because, they're just a number too. It's just a sales number game, and you're on your own with the fitness itself, unless you want to take a second deed of trust out on your house to pay for their grossly inflated personal-training services from teenagers that happened to pass a week-end qualifidcation test. So here's the bad news, in third quarter of fiscal year 2009, the board of directors of LA Fitness having had the most profound losses handed to their organization ever, will begin by closing fitness facilities that aren't making their quotas. Areas hit hardest by real estate vacancy and foreclosure (Hemet helps lead the nation in this one) will be at the top of the list. If you think it won't happen, remember you're just a number, and it's almost up. Vincent Hemet, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Hemet, California
Jun 28 2007
LA Fitness is a scam! Ripoff Irvine California
I want a class action law suit brought against this company. In May of 07 when i opened up my account they changed the amount of the monies I wrote it for without my consent. (Which is a criminal offense, and I have all my documentation to prove all these facts against the gym) then this month, June 0f 07 I asked them if they could put a feeze on my account until the following month so i would have the funds, I then told they I didnt have the funds in my account please dont bill, they preceeded to tell me they could nothing to help me ( They meaning, the Operations manager of one of the gyms in Irine.) They not only charged my account ONCE but TEN differant times with my bank charging me $300.00 in fees. I then contacted the corporate office and they aswell told me there was nothing they could do for me. Not only that but be aware they WILL CHARGE FOR A FREEZE.....Which they didnt not tell me about. LA Fitness charges $10.00 for each account you have with them each month your account is froozen. They are very negligent and fraudgulent with information they give you when you sign up. I am a single mom of 4 and can't afford this $300.00 dollars in dept that they now have incurred me. Terrisa lake forest, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jul 26 2007
LA Fitness Neverending Membership Ripoff Carrollton Texas
When I lived in Southern California I enrolled at the LA Fitness in Yorba Linda because it was admittingly a good deal at the time. As I decided to move to Northern California I knew I had to cancel my gym membership so I went in one day and was given a cancellation form to fill out. I quickly filled it out and handed it to the young lady at the front counter. Two months later I checked my bank account and found that I was still being charged for my membership. I then visited the website expecting easily accessible customer support but the best info I could find was the phone number to the Yorba Linda location. I called and notified them of the situation and they were very rude. The girl told me I didn't need to cancel because there was a location near me and I advised her that there are zero (0) in Northern California and that is why I had previously applied to cancel my membership. Then, after a few more minutes of going in circles around the issue, she finally told me to create an online account. I tried this with her still on the line and I was unsuccessful, with the site stating that I needed to speak to customer service. She then told me she would fax me a cancellation form. I waited 10 minutes, then a couple hours, then called her back. I was told by a man that she was gone for the day and he didn't have access to the forms so I had to call back. After about 5 more calls I was unsuccessful in getting in contact with anyone who had form access. I waited a couple weeks. I then called back and acheived the same result, no desire to help me and resolve my issue! I then called the national headquarters and they told me to contact my local club. An incredible run around for an action so simple and necessary for a business. I am not about to make a trip to LA just to cancel my membership so I have to fit unecessary phone calls into my busy schedule. What company as large as LA Fitness is doesn't have an email address or online customer support? Their lack of assistance to leaving customers has to be against the law in some way! If anyone has any advice please let me know. Brian84 Santa Cruz, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Carrollton, Texas
Jan 13 2009
La Fitness Caveat Emptor Deerfield Beach Florida
Florida's Attorney General's website shows the required contents of Health Club Contracts - LA Fitness has not contracts while having access to your account for billing - read associated complaints - contact Florida's Department of Agriculture to file complaints. wrb747 boca raton, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Deerfield Beach, Florida
Dec 31 2008
LA Fitness Club Liars & Scammers! Cypress Texas
I was told one price when I signed up, then charged another. I was told Sorry, I can't fix it - it's in the computer already. A friend was told that for $100.00 she could sign up her 13 year old son to work-out until he finished HS - she later found out that they actually signed her up for 2 kids babysitting services. There was no misunderstanding - he took her around and talked about her son working out with her. Her sister also joined the LA Fitness in League City - so they could work out together. They were also lied to. We are all cancelling and going somewhere else. Higherfaith Cypress, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Cypress, Texas
Jan 18 2009
LA Fitness Rip Off Artists Hurst Texas
I have a friend who has yet to be able to get these blood-suckers from taking money out of her account. Even after her attorney wrote a letter, they won't stop. My friend also told me that the garbage can is overflowing with trash, the bathroom stinks, the equipment is left out all over the place, constant harassment by sales people to give you more referrals, people don't wipe the sweat off the equipment and the management doesn't care, they pay their employees minimum wage (which explains a lot), the sales people are rude and the trainers are outrageously priced. Don't join this gym!! I don't care who you join but don't make the mistake of joining these freaks. Please save yourself and your family. Latrice **** Hurst, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Hurst, Texas
Jan 31 2009
LA Fitness Did not fully refund amount Atlanta Georgia
LA Fitness is a big mess! Firstly when I was negotiating the deal they added me to another guy's family to give me the deal. They (Jason) promised me that my account was completely different from the other guy I did not know. I had to cancel my account within 10 days. LA Fitness has a policy of refunding the amount initially paid, if it is within 10 days. I got only half of what I paid eventually. When I asked them they mentioned that the other half had gone to the other guy's card due to the way it was set up. When I mentioned the name of the person who had set it up, they lied he no longer works there. I saw him there a few days later so I know they were lying. I have other means of getting my money back, but you guys take care before you open that new account ..all their employees only know how to lie and steal. Ripu atlanta, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Apr 01 2008
LA Fitness Cancelling Membership. not possible? Atlanta Georgia
I called the Akers Mill location to cancel my membership, and was told that I needed to come in to fill out a form to process the cancellation. No problem, I went in on March 29th. The reason for my cancellation was that I manage a local hotel and have had several complaints from guests that the gym is unclean, and some have even reported staph infections from the equipment not being properly cleaned. When I arrived, there was a guy at the front counter on the phone who was clearly on a sales call. I stood there for about ten minutes before someone else came to the counter and asked if they could help me. I gave him my membership number, and he told me that my membership was scheduled to be canceled already. Skeptical, I asked if I needed to fill out any paperwork and he said No, we just cancel it when you call now. We don't do the paperwork anymore. He also mentioned that I had two months free anyway, and that I wouldn't be charged again. Still skeptical, I thanked him and left. On April 1st, the joke was on me. I was charged again! So I called LA Fitness back and asked for a manager. A VERY young girl answered the phone and when I told her what happened, she claimed that the person I described had not worked there for several months. So I guess the person I talked to was a ghost? I gave up and called the corporate Customer Service Department, waited on hold for 22 minutes, then talked to a representative named Toni. She was very quick to offer a refund for the most recent charges, and to take my report of the staph infections reported by my hotel guests. She didn't seem at all shocked by my statements and I would guess that was because she hears it all the time. I did insist that they file some report in regard to the health issues and improper cleaning of the equipment. I'm still waiting for the refund, however. Chris Smyrna, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Jul 21 2008
LA Fitness Deceptive sales practices, unprofessional employees Oswego Illinois
Yes, I know there are many reports already written about this organization and I only wish I knew about them before I visited this place for my free fitness evaluation. Our sales person, Eric I believe his name was, truly seemed caring and interested our situation. Like fools, we bought the stupid package because it sure sounded good and we both wanted to get in shape. He assured us that it was an agreement, and not a contract and we could get out of it at anytime by calling. Well, after signing up and being given the little journal to track progress with, and reading the explanation, we realized we were duped. Circumstances changed, and like everyone else on this board, even after calling and talking to multiple managers, we knew we were stuck. The workouts with the trainers are a joke. There are some good trainers at this facility, but the vast majority are underage kids there to pick up young women and hang out. Many of the so called trainers are manager trainees and know nothing about training, are paid on the number of people they con into signing up, and when actually asked questions about physical fitness just stare blankly back at you. This is sad. The few trainers who do care about clients and actually try are ridiculed and disliked by their coworkers. A workout usually consists of the trainer standing there, giving you directions on how many reps to do, and then counting. At the end, they write in your journal, tell you that you did a good job, and move on to the next victim. There is no plan, no instructions on what to do for the rest of the week, no analysis, no anything really. It is sad to note--that you are probably paying at least 40.00 for the session, your traininer is getting only 6.00 of that. Thus, it should be no surprise why trainers are late or do not show up to work, or better yet leave after a week. My first one left after two weeks after apparently doing more than just training a client, if you know what I mean. You can see the professionalism or lack thereof from the minute you walk in. There are usually only a few trainers actually with clients. The rest are hanging out and eating and talking. You will see sandwiches, pizza, tacos, and a variety of junk food being eaten. Phone calls are being made, and if you try to get their attention while they are eating, watch out. You will be made to feel very stupid and rude. One recent conversation was overheard in which the manager of the trainers stated that, when I see people, I don't see them as people, I just see dollar signs. Great attitude. To summarize: if you need personal training in the area, go elsewhere. There are plenty of other facilities around Oswego/Aurora that offer true, professional training by qualified and certified trainers. If you go through with your free fitness analysis, DO NOT SIGN the contract! If you are just looking for a decent place to work out, this facility is fine. The equipment etc.. is in grat shape because its new. Just beware that you are walking into a carlot. anonymous oswego, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Oswego, Illinois
Nov 25 2009
LA Fitness Locker Theft Portland, Oregon
Two days ago my husband's locker and 2 other lockers were broken into at a Signature club of LA Fitness in Portland, Oregon. These lockers are new and you put in your own code. The manager said that break ins are not supposed to happen. Apparently that was the information she received from the locker manufacturers. So use these lockers at your own risk, because the thugs have figured out a way to break in.
Entity: Portland, Oregon
Jul 13 2009
La Fitness Keith Dallas Texas
I just signed up for a membership last month at La Fitness through a guy name Keith. He told me this too good to be true offers. For Training Sessions. Enrollment fee are $50 then there is a chart of sessions and it just tells you a flat rate and there were 3 options. Keith job is to signup new clients, show clients the breakdown on sessions and prices. Keith did not give me a copy of the paper so I can only tell you what I signed up for. What Keith told me. He would hook me up for the 8 sessions for 3 months of a total of 24 sessions for $400, which that would be $20 a session. It sounds like a great deal. So he sold me and I decided to sign up. So I paid my first & last month gym initiation fee plus the trainer session of a total of $450, which all inclusive was about $620. Just over the weekend. I had recieve calls from La Fitness from different locations from a 214, 972 and 206 area code telling me my charge was declined and they wanted another method of payment. When I called the gym I go to find out what's going on. A guy name Rick had assisted me and I asked to speak with Keith. Rick told me he was on lunch break and asked if he could helped me. So I told him about the collect calls when I was disturbed by a 9pm phone call on Sunday evening. Once, Rick pulled up my account with my phone number. Then Rick asked me how much did I owe or what was the amount I should be paying. By the tone of the question, Rick sounded astonish. My card was declined because my bank card had deactivated my card. I went ahead and gave Rick my other card number to pay electronically for the gym and was not aware that I was also being charge for a monthly training session of $400. So I told Rick to hold-off on that and I will speak to Keith about it. I had dropped by the gym around 2pm today July 13, 2009. Ask Keith why was I being charge again for $400. Keith ended up telling me what should of been the real price. So Keith has not been honest with me, gave me a false offer and incorrect info of the price chart. I was stunned to see how much it was and the rate was off my budget. So I went ahead and cancelled the training session and ended up cancelling my gym membership. I had recieve a cancellation form from Keith, he just told me that I need to mail it. Why should I mail in something by air mail when I signed up online and why can't it be cancelled online. I just feel this Keith did not cancell my membership properly and I don't believe him. So I made this report of the incident encase he didn't act on it and La Fitness would contact me again saying I still owe them when I am no longer using their service. Lisa **** Addison, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Mar 03 2009
LA FITNESS Shawn Tacoma Washington
sign up at LA FITNESS between S.72 ST. & Hosmer ST. in Tacoma on 11/12/08 before lost my job on 11/13/08 I return back to cancel my membership and the sale agency Shawn told me don't give upon the gyp let me hook you up with I real nice deal so that you would not have to pay a dime until you start back to work. Now that was a lie he make my policy membership active I am being bill monthly charges for a LA FITINESS center I never use not once have I been in that gyp because I did not that my membership was being active by his cool deal. This guy has made me and active member when I did not have a job at the time but request to me not to cancel my membership. These people at LA FITINESS sale agency are rip-off professional now I am out $300 when I need it to get back on my feet with out a job. Now they are still billing me and I am jobless. Kenny Tacoma, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: Tacoma, Washington