MWI CONNECTIONS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: MWI Connections

There may be more reports for "MWI Connections"

For more results perform a general search for "MWI Connections"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Feb 19 2003
MWI Connections Defrauding theives Stamford Connecticut
When these mysterious theives called MWI Connections stole $96.00 from my bank account (they made a $96.00 charge on my check card) I was really alarmed. Can strange companies you've never heard of, never ordered anything from, never agreed to any membership in, and never, ever received anything from in the mail ever, really just take your money like that?! Apparently. I guess they don't understand the old saying You can't get something for nothing if they think they can just take people's money when the person has not agreed to the charges. If I wanted to be charitable and give away my money I can think of a lot better places to give it to than those sneaky, underhanded theives at MWI Connections. And, is it my imagination, or is it really suspicious that they have no physical address and no e-mail address? If they have nothing to hide, then why are they hiding? Sure, there's a phone number, because they know people will be intimidated by the idea of being verbally abused by rude people on the other end of the line and they'll let it go. I hope my bank can stick it to them. Heather Woodbridge, VirginiaU.S.A.
Feb 12 2003
MWI* Connections ripoff Hartford Connecticut
I was charged $79.95 dollars on my household bank gold Master Card without my permission. I want my money back now!! Amy bridge city, LouisianaU.S.A.
Feb 16 2003
MWI-CONNECTIONS I GOT RIPPED BIG TIME dishonest ripoffs Connecticut
ALONG WITH THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF ADD ME TO THERE SCAM. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON YOU ^$&$&*%&^* Dan MANCHESTER, MichiganU.S.A.
Feb 15 2003
MWI* CONNECTIONS rip-off fraudulent Stamford Connecticut
MADE UNAUTHORIZES CHARGES ON MY CREDIT CARD. Phil SHINGLETOWN, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: STAMFORD, Connecticut
Feb 15 2003
MWI* CONNECTIONS rip-off Stamford Connecticut
MADE UNAUTHORIZES CHARGES ON MY CREDIT CARD. Phil SHINGLETOWN, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: STAMFORD, Connecticut
Oct 23 2002
MWI Connections ripoff credit card fraud Internet
An unauthorized charge of $96.00 appeared on my bank statement dated 10/22/2002. This was immediately after I had placed an order with Amazon.com. I called the 800 number listed on my bank statement and got an automated phone system. There was no way provided to speak to an individual. I do not know what city this company is located in, but the initials CT (Connecticut?) was also listed on my bank statement. I am going to call my bank and see what information they can provide about this charge. I intend to get my money back, whatever it may take. Sincerely, Arlene Orange, Texas
Oct 20 2002
MWI connections ripoff fraudulent ripoff business Rolla Internet
This company has charged 139.95 to my account and I don't even know who they are! As a college student I can't afford for this to happen. There seems to be a lot of people with the same problem isn't there some sort of petition or something that we could all sign? This would help for us to get legal action against this fraudulent company. Jeremy Rolla, Missouri
Entity: Rolla, Internet
Oct 21 2002
MWI CONNECTIONS telemarketers ripping off credit card users Stamford Connecticut
MWI Connections fraudulently billed my credit card for 109.05 without authorization for entertainment discounts that I had no knowledge of. When I contacted them they told me this was something ordered a YEAR ago (NOT) and they would prorate my refund (if I ever see one). They also said I ordered something from an infomerical at that time, I will NEVER again order from the TV not only is it a nightmare talking to a telemarketer but they rip you off. I have reported this to my state's attorney general's office and also the police, secret service, and the press. Carol Alpena, Michigan
Oct 22 2002
MWI Connections ripoff scam amazon.com Omaha Nebraska
I was on Amazon.com searching for a college text book when i saw that someone was selling the book for $9.99 .. so i said ok ill get that one. so i ordered and put my debit card info into amazon.com. Next i go and look at my online bank account it says my account is at $0. MWI Connections had taken out $96.00. and the charge for the book which was supposed to be $15.00 was not there. i searched the internet for MWI Connections and ran across this site very helpfull i called the number on that site and talked to a guy named Terry ID# 15384 - he said i would be credited back the $96.00 and that my membership would be canceled. So now i wait for my credit.. Matthew Sacramento, California
Sep 17 2003
MWI Connections Debit Card falsely charged Phoenix Arizona
MWI connections charged $119.90 to my debit card for services I never ordered. I am not sure how they obtained my information as I have not ordered anything online or through the mail. I tried to contact the company but was unable to speak with anyone. Kirk Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Dec 26 2003
Mwi*connections Unauthorized charging Omaha Nebraska
Made flight reservation on Orbitz and soon after for the next two months I began seeing charges on my credit card statement from MWI connections. I called the company and they told me that Orbitz was their source. I did not authorize any programs and the company has subsequently agreed to cancel the program an refund my money. Dm danvers, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Dec 28 2003
MWI Connections Inc. ripoff Omaha Nebraska
Earlier this year I had ordered a series of exercise videos advertised on television. I called the number on my screen and ordered said merchandise using my credit card. At the time I was not aware that my credit card information was being sold off to MWI Essentials and that soon after my checking account would be billed monthly a fee of $25.00 or more. In fact, I was not even aware this company had been ripping me off until December 2003, some nine months later after ordering. After checking my bank statements I learned that my account had charged a $9.95 fee resulting in a $25.00 overdraft fee. I called my bank to reference the company and was given the company name MWI Essentials, Inc. and number of 1-800-313-3540. I explained to the bank rep that I don't recall giving this company authorization to charge my account and was informed by the rep that charges from this company go back to March 2003. I was stunned to say the least. My bank suggested I call this business to try to resolve the issue and that if my attempts were unsuccessful to give their fraud dept. a call. She warned me however, that I would need to close out my checking account while the bank investigated the charges and even then there would be no guarantee of recouping all charges from this company as they reach back to March 2003. After talking with the bank I took it upon myself to check out this business on the website. Needless to say there are many consumer posted claim warmings urging others to guard against fraud from this company. While I am not rich or well off and don't yet have a family it is still my hard earned money that sometime has chosen to steal from me. I would like to utilize any and all resources to shut this company down and at the very least have what was stolen from me reimbursed. How is it that this company can get away with defrauding people in this way? If this has happended to other individuals throughout the country it should be concerned as an epidemic case and all Attorney Generals nationwide should be pulling out all stops to investigate and levying stiff penalties to protect consumer rights. I know that I did not authorize this company to charge my account monthly and will stop at nothing to get all monies owed me back. Naeema new haven, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Mar 20 2003
MWI* Connections rip-off Nationwide
My checking account had been charges of $ 96.00 with out my knowledges, and without my authorization. good thing they provided a telephone number to call specify on my account statement page where the charges they made. I called them and talk about it how did it happen? and I do not even understand how. They said they will credit my money back into my account but it has been 3 days now, always checking if they credited my money back into my account. I do not know their address and email either. thanks a lot and i hope this motives of ripoff kind of business will stop and be serve necessary action agains it. Thank you very much i found this web page and I appreciate the management for this, keepup the good spirit of helping human kind in any differences/ John San Diego, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Apr 17 2003
MWI CONNECTIONS dishonest ripoff BILLING Connecticut Internet
I called to get information on the charge at the 800 number listed on my credit card statement. I spoke with Francis, he could only tell me I charged it on the internet. I told him it was not a charge that I made. And I disputed the charge. He put me on hold for 4 minutes 12 seconds. He then came back and again told me that I had made the charge on the internet. I again told him no... and that I wanted the charge removed. He told me that he would remove it but it would take 2 billing cycles before I would see the credit on my statement. I explained to him that was not good enough and that I expected to see the charge removed within 3 to 5 days. He said they could not do that and I again told him that he needed to get this done as I would take this to an attorney if it was not. He said he would take care of it. We hung up. James SAN LEANDRO, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Apr 27 2003
MWI Connections ripoff, unathorized charges San Diego California
It started about 8 months ago when i received my first charge for $90.00. The only description for the charge was MWI Connections. I could not understand what the charge was for because I had never uathorized any such purchase nor had I enrolled in any such club. I presumed that it had been possibly related to my telephone and I did not investigate it further. I thought that this was possibly a one time thing. That was not the case. Today I learned that a $109.95 purchase was made to my account overdrafting it costing me another $30.00. I have no idea what the purchase was for and had had the debit card cut up months ago. My bank is investigating the situation now, but I would urge anyone else affected by this scandal to report it and have it investigated. When you're on a tight college budget, crap like this can be a serious inconvenience. Jon Ann Arbor, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: San Diego, California
Sep 09 2003
MWI Connections credit card billing ripoff scam Nationwide
In response to the woman who wrote in about MWI Connections ripping off her VISA bill for $109.95. I just found out yesterday the company had done it to me as well! This time it was for a larger amount, $149.95! Same response from them...they will credit the amount, gave me their name & ID number, was put on hold several times to talk to different people. Funny thing about this was, they all sounded like the same person! I was informed that it was something with Graduate Connections. Once I asked for that number, it was conveniently deleted from their computer files. I was also informed that my VISA had been billed annually since Sept, 2001. The first annual bill was for the amount of $84.00, the second for the amount of $109.95, and the current charge of $149.95. Upon further questioning, she informed me that someone from my household authorized it. My husband & I have 2 separate accounts so it couldn't have been him who authorized it (he does not know my account number)! I called information for the Graduate Connections number and such company doesn't exist. So, I started searching the internet. I am so glad to see this Rip-off Report. I am not the only victim! Is there any way to catch this scam artists and put them out of business????? Agnes Lucas, TexasU.S.A.
Sep 10 2003
MWI Connections Credit Card Charge Ripoff? Connecticut
This company charged my Discover Card for $96.00 in March. Unfortunately, I did not notice it until September. I called the company and they said it was a charge for membership after a free trail that we accepted when we bought something from SkyMall. We did not agree to the membership and never received anything from this company explaining or offering their services. They agreed to credit my account, but a prorated amount of $33.70 was all that was applied. I called again and they said that was all they could do. Even though it is past the legal time period, I have written Discover and suggested they may want to look into this compamy to see if they should continue doing business with them. I also wrote SkyMall. I will update if I get any responses. This is one outfit that should be shut down. I believe the credit card companies also bear some responsibility when the continue to do business with companies that have high complaint and return histories, as this company obviously does. With class action suits starting up, they will probably close down and re-appear as another company. Richard Seguin, TexasU.S.A.
Sep 08 2003
MWI Connections Internet credit card ripoff scam Atlanta Georgia
Same story as I have seen throughout this site about MWI Connections. Unathorized $99.95 charge on my credit card bill. When I called MWI they said told me that Fleet, my credit card provider, had authorized the charge (which they did not) . The customer service rep tried to explain how much I would like these things that I did not want or pay for. She siad that I would be refunded the amount I paid. When I asked her how much that was she said $99 something, right? Called Fleet and they are considering legal action against MWI. My charge is being disputed at this time. Christopher lakewood, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Aug 15 2003
MWI CONNECTIONS scam ripoff Internet
Upon reviewing my Bank One, Master Card, account activity listing; I noticed that I had been billed $139.95. Luckily, a contact telephone number was listed alongside the billing company. Here are the name and supposed purpose of the company: MWI*CONNECTIONS (Services and Merchandise) I called both the company and Bank One (since I did not trust the company) to complain about this charge. MWI Connections finally agreed to credit my account after trying to sell me on their services, value, bargains, etc. They were so vague that I still have no idea what they were really offering. The bottom line is that I had never authorized them to bill my account, and they did it without my knowledge. I guess the thing that is really outrageous to me is that they are undoubtedly getting away with this in many cases where people do not bother to carefully check the itemized billing on their credit card statements. I cannot understand how they can do this and get away with it. It seems like a scam to me. Keith San Antonio, TexasU.S.A.
Jun 27 2003
MWI Connections ripoff fraudulent business Connecticut
While examining our credit card statement, my wife noted a charge of $96.00 by a company listed as MWI Connections - CT. A very thorough accountant, my wife keeps track of all credit card receipts and compares them with the statement each month. When neither of us could find a receipt for this particular charge, or even remember what the charge might have been for, I decided to see if I could jog my memory with an Internet search. I was stunned to see all the reports of fraudulent charges attributed to this company, and can only conclude that I have been similarly victimized. I can't even say I know what Simple Escapes is or that I've ever heard of it until today. Thanks very much to this site for providing info on how to deal with these bottomfeeders! Dayton Kansas City, MissouriU.S.A.
Sep 02 2003
MWI*Connections they cleaned my bank account out completely Nationwide
Dear Sir: I was checking my bank statement an saw this charge of $96.00 that cleaned my account out an left me with a service charge of $29.00 on top of that an I am a disabled veteran on Social Security an I need my money if you could do anything to help me I would appreciate it very much. I have never even heard of this company or ever ordered anything from them.I am in a tight an I need my money badly. Thank You Kindly John Guntersville, AlabamaU.S.A.
Sep 03 2003
Mwi*connections credit card ripoff Connecticut
On my August bill for my Fleet MasterCard I had a charge from MWI*Connections 800-568-2386 CT which I had never heard of. The charge was for $99.95. Upon checking their website I found many rip-off reports against MWI*Connections. I contacted Fleet and they immediately removed the charge. Pay attention to your bills!! They could be trying to rip you off. Vonda concord, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Georgia
Jul 23 2003
Mwi Connections ripoff credit promised never given Stamford Connecticut
A charge for a 30 free trial on travel services was on my credit card in Jan. 2003. I called and cancelled the membership on 2-18-03, spoke to someone named John and was given cancellation number TP705. He stated it would take 30-60 days to see the credit on my card statement. I started calling in Mar. and could not reach a human to ask what had happened to my credit. Their automated system will not allow for human contact. An automated voice tells me the account is closed, but I've had to pay 96.00 for nothing. Evelyn Spokane, WashingtonU.S.A.
Jun 16 2003
MWI Connections Fraudulent credit card billing fraudulent ripoff business
MWI Connections charged my credit card without my authorization. I have never heard of this company nor have I received anything from them. When I called them to get my money back and cancel whatever membership they had put me in the representative kept telling me they would send my information packet. I kept telling them I didn't want it. Basically I had to start screaming and cussing at them before they said they would stop billing me and cancel my membership. The government needs to get involved and stop businesses like this. Dennis Chicago, IllinoisU.S.A.
Jun 08 2003
MWI Connections ripoff, frequent fraudulent billing Connecticut
MWI Connections has billed me fraudulently three or four times now within the last six months. I have contacted my credit card company, and they have always credited me back, thankfully! I have also contacted the 800 number to MWI Connections as shown on my bill, and reported the situation, but the problem still occurs. I, nor anyone in my family has agreed to their service or product, either by phone, by mail or internet, thus the reason for this rip-off billing report. Amy Grand Blanc, MichiganU.S.A.

Showing 76-100 | Showing Page 4 of 154