MATCH.COM Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Match.com

There may be more reports for "Match.com"

For more results perform a general search for "Match.com"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jan 13 2012
Match.com Beware of Match.com Internet
My daughter,  20 years old, signed up for Match.com with my credit card with my permission. It stated that there was a money back guarantee. I did not see anyplace where it stated that after 6 months I would be charged again. It must have been very small print.Last week I saw on my statement that I was being charged again. I called Match.com and I asked for the charges to be credited, my daughter did not meet one person. I was told no. I asked for the charges to be, at least, prorated. I was 2 days into the next 6 months. I was told no. I asked to talk to the supervisor and she said the same thing. Nobody at Match.com cares at all.I reported them to the BBB. They do not have a rating with them, but I received no results. I am trying to fight this with my credit card company and am disputing it.They should at least prorate the charge!!!
Jun 27 2012
MATCH.COM Auto Renewal on Match.com Internet
Match.com shuts off your  Auto Renewal only if you cancel your subscription.  Despite my efforts to prevent an Auto Renewal Match. com renewed my  subscription without my authorization.  They base their renewal on Central Standard Time.   After being on the phone for almost 30 mnorinutes some foreigner in a distant land whom  I could not understand because of her poor English I was informed that their was no way I could get a refund because I had emailed someone.  That e mail was done prior  during my active subscription.  They use central time.  Needless to say they adamantly refused to refund my money.  Despite wiping out my credit card information on the site the Auto Renewed my subcription.  If you think they will block you from using the site you wrong.  They will not refund your money.  Be aware that you will spend at least 10 minutes waiting for your call to be answered,  you will wait another 10 minutes to be connected to a Superivisor who will be of no help whatsoever.  Sandy the supervisor parrots from a script and can not do anything.  Match. com does not have any customer service and is deceitful in their practices regarding Auto Renew.
Sep 04 2011
Match.com Match.com supports Nigerian scammers Dallas, Texas
I signed on to Match.com Saturday afternoon and paid my $66.00.  I went on this site because it is a paid site for dating, it's not free.  I thought this would make the site safer then free dating sites.My very first reply was from a Nigerian scammer.  He asked me to chat on yahoo and I saw him on webcam.  He confessed he is a scammer and used a credit card to go on match.com.  I called Match.com and requested a refund.  I was denied.  I spoke to a manager, I was denied a refund even though I was on for only maybe 90 minutes.   Well, thought I would give it another try since they would not refund me not even 2 out of the 3 months I paid in advance.I have been contacted by at least 4-5 scammers in a 24 hour period of time.  I have saved messages and Nigerian calls on my phone from these scammers.  Match.com does nothing to protect their customers and didn't even ask for the scammers id's. I have paid 2 requests for a full refund.  They will not refund my money and take stolen credit cards from Nigeria to let these scammers come on Match.com with fake profile pictures. You are not safe on Match.com and don't care how many scammers are on the site as long as they get their money.  Millions of dollars are stolen from Americans each year by Nigerian scammers and this has to stop.  Many innocent women fall victim all out of the name of love and Match.com does nothing about it.  Match.com is a waste of money and time.  I have spent my last 24 hours filtering out these scammers and calling Match.com with absolutely no help or care. Don't believe their commercials.  Most of the men are Nigerian scammers stealing pictures of innocent people and trying to get at your money and Match.com is assisting them.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Jul 26 2013
Match.com Match.com Bogus 6 month guarantee Internet
 I joined Match.com last month.  I did everything necessary to fulfill my 6 month guarantee.  A number of times when I went on the site I saw that my profile was hidden (even though I Never Hid It!)  Their website claimed I had done everything to fulfill my 6 month guarantee in month 1 and now, suddenly in month 2, the 4 requirements changed from all green checkmarks to 1 red - concerning my profile photo.  I contacted Match and they asked if I had ever changed my photo.  I told them No.  Then they tried to pressure me into reupping for an automatic 6 month renewal on my credit card.  I said No.  I told 2 different people (1 was a supervisor) about Match hiding my profile.  Now, lo and behold, I don't qualify for the 6 month guarantee because I hid my profile.  I insisted I never did - Match did and I kept having to unhide it.  This is a dishonest company.  They send fake winks and communication.  I started contacting people who supposedly winked at me or liked me or whatever and they claim that, not only had they not done so, but Match claimed I initiated contact!  So many profiles are fake and/or scammers and Match will do anything to get out of that 6 month guarantee.  I contacted their Customer Service and mid conversation (and I was being calm and respectful) they just purposely disconnected.  Stay away from this company.  They waste your time and money.  Stay away from their sister company, Chemistry.com, too.  They are even more dishonest.
5, Report #1203274
Jan 21 2015
Match.com Match.com Unethical Business Practices Internet
On January 16, 2015, Match.com charged my credit card after I cancelled the services preventing auto-renewal.  In addition, I noticed someone was on my account sending emails for the month of January 2015.  However, when I notified Match.com alerting them of fraudulent activity on my account, they did nothing except to say they were sorry and could not refund the auto renewal amount back onto my credit card.  Therefore, this proves why anyone who is out seeking a soul mate should never do business with Match.com regardless of their commercials etc.  Instead, many should look into the free dating sites.  I found my finance' but not on Match.  In conclusion, Match.com is a waste of money.  The site is filled with women and men who have waited over a decade to start back dating, in which spells a high turnover rate and has a higher than the normal liability rating for anyone who is really looking for a long term relationship. Simply, if you want to give your money to Match.com and scroll through employee created profiles then Match.com is for you.  IF you want to date real women are real men then check out the free dating sites such as POF. etc.  Let's work together using our 1st Amendment to stop unethical business practices from companies such as Match.com.  If you sign up for Match.com, get auto renewed by an unauthorized user, then you might as well kiss your money goodbye.  Match.com is not designed to return funds, only take funds.  That is why they offer: The Match Guarantee.  Think about it.
Aug 18 2014
match.com Multiple Scammers on Match.com Internet
Michelle Harrison from Match.com (same exact identity with same story) also tried to SCAM money out of me as well.  Fortunately, I did not fall for the sudden need for money when apparently she was able to fly to India on a moments notice, find a hotel to stay, her father fails to survice an surgery and then all of the sudden she ends being short of money to pay for rightful christian funeral her father's funeral services. This is only one of many attempts that persons on Match.com have tried to extort informaiton or money out of real people. This kind of activity needs to be regulated as it will be ruin of the industry if there is no way of insuring the integrity in those who are allowed to participate.
Jun 18 2015
match.com match.com ripoff Natomas california Nationwide
I joined Match.com in May 2015 and I have had nothing less than horrible experiences. On June 15th 2015 I went out with this woman and on the date she was asking about a Stephan Hawking movie, I told her I did not like it, she went into a rage and started yelling, so I got up and told her I was taking her home, she became worse and I went down to my car and waited, she got in and as I was driving she was threating me that this was not over and she was going to call 911 and claim I was drunk, I pulled over and asked her to get out of my car, which was at the next gas station, as she got out of the vehicle she dialed 911. I drove off and went home to file a complaint with Match.com, stating the same story I have shared hereTYhe next day my account was locked out, I tried to restore the password and to no avail, I wrote an email asking for help to restore. Well they had removed me and blocked me out? after many emails and chat sessions they refused to close my account and refund my money, they emailed me however they gave no reason, excuse and I was told I would get a call. they closed me account and kept to months of my moneythey gave no reason, kept the money and just ripped me offBeware, find another dating site that is reputable and has a policy if you disagree that you will be refunded you money dueDo not use, or refer your friends, in fact this is happening at an alarming rate and there needs to be a class action suit. anyone willing please reachout and I am in, this is about principal
Mar 27 2016
Match.com Match.com=Bait and Switch Internet
 I have been a Match.com subscriber off and on for 2 yrs. for about 2 yrs. Now, after my last stint with them I realize why I kept going back for more of nothing-they use Bait and Switch tactics. I have been a paid subscriber for the last 6 months and received 6 emails or winks in that whole time. As soon as my subscription expired, I started receiving all kinds of interest-I have received more than 30 emails or winks in the last 30 days. But, of course, I am no longer a paying customer so I can't read the emails and whomever the paying customer is that is trying to communicate with me has no idea they are trying to contact someone who can't read their emails! Why is my profile still available to paying customers?? They can't get in touch with me. These are classic Bait ansd Switch tactics. Not only was I ripped-off (I wonder why I didn't receive all this interest when I was a paid subscriber) but the paying customer that is trying to reach me is being ripped-off. Stay away from these crooks. And the worst thing is-they get by with it.
Jul 04 2008
Match.com match.com is the biggest rip off in internet history Internet
First you waste like over 30 minutes of your life filling information and private data about yourself, for this fraudulent match.com crackpot website. Second, u click the finish button, which will label you officially as: a potential internet fraud victim. U can't check emails that have been sent to you, unless u pay them the 30 $ fee, and this is only the start. the subscription gets renewed automatically. match.com steals your money from you without knowing it. and deactivating this automatic subscription system is not something to be trifled with! because it's sooooooo complicated, once ure in, you can never get out. even if you cancel your subscription, they will still charge u by the first of each month in some way or another, try to rise a complaint and you will never get any refund back. they will assume that you took advantage of the service and sent and received emails from desperate people like you, a case strong enough to walk you out with empty hands. The emails you get when ure not yet a subscriber are fraudulent and a scam, they're not REAL emails from REAL PEOPLE. they're just generated by a software bot.. placed there to use you emotionally and to give you that itchy feeling of subscribing to know who the sender was. even after u pay them and become an official idiot, you're no more than a loser who's paying his hard earned cash for an electronic wink? over 85 % of people subscribed in match.com don't pay for a subscription, the other 15 % live 200 miles away from u, and i can certainly relate to that. the only thing women can do on match.com is to send you winks. if you're a subscriber, you can send an email back to each wink u receive, but the girl who sent u teh wink cannot read your emails! because she didn't pay for the service! she's only a promoter for the website. she's just there as a bate, the only thing she can do is to send you winks. she can't read your emails, and thus you can't pass your phone number or email to her in any way imaginable! u can only send a wink back to her, so that your wink and hers can make love together. how inclusive! u want to find somebody interesting? go to a pub, find yourself a nice girl, smile at her, and tell her: just wanted to let you know that i find you gorgeous! that's it :) no complications.. no stupid winks.. not even pick up lines to memorize. 95 % of them will reply with something like: ohh thank u, that's so sweet of you, what's your name again? and that's it. at least u won't be shocked by her 300 pounds weight, it happens in most of blind dates. most of them women on dating website deliberately don't show their whole body. just the upper half lol. man! this is crazy. Zasa jamaica, New YorkU.S.A.
Feb 08 2010
Colombian-Match.com Colombiancupid.com Colombian-Match.com did it, now I am married!!! Internet
I have read a few bad reports on here for the Colombian Dating Sites. I found that ColombianCupid had hired women working for them. I was in Colombia and tried to meet over 20 girls and not one of them panned out. Then I emailed the admin at Colombian Cupid and they told me they are not responsible for me meeting girls just for me to pay. What a joke. The girls all had the same IP ADDRESS TOO!!! After searching I found Colombian-Match.com on here. So I tried it, the girls seemed nice I didn't see any type of scamming. I also stayed in there penthouse suite they offer for members to stay in at Cali Colombia and I actually went on dates with 4 of the 7 girls I wanted to meet. Well long story short folks im engaged. She is stellar women, everything I wanted . Ive seen allot of bad sites out there but these guys actually went out of there way to find me a girl and introduce me and take care of everything with out ripping me off. So stay away from COlombiaCupid its a waste of money and time.  Cheers, Tom
Mar 10 2009
WMV Match.Com, WMV Match.com Ripping You Off!!! Internet
My fiance noticed an unauthorized charge for $34.99 and on her online bank statement it said WMV Match.com. We just saw it today and are disputing it through her bank, which she just so happens to work out, so maybe she wont have too much trouble getting it taking care of. I am posting this just hoping other people will read it and take caution. I dont want anyone else to get ripped off. She had never even been on match.com. The only thing we pay online is our Home Depot bill. Jautry27 Covington, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Internet, Nationwide
12, Report #1019013
Feb 23 2013
Match.com Match Match.com SCAM Billing/fake profiles , Internet
DO NOT use this site or give them your billing info. Google is your Friend. They offer a free 7 day trial then offer you 25 percent off if you decide to stay after the trial. They charge you and claim you cant use both offers BUT the web site does not state that. I recorded a conversation in which they openly admitted this. ( with permission no less!) Many people have reported they auto renew and continue to charge you after the initial period . They offer no refunds and customer service reps read from a script and are very rude contradicting each other. Most of the profiles are non paying members or fakes who can not read, view or reply to anything you send them. More misleading info. There is also no way to block scammers. stalkers, fakes either as they can still see you and track your every move. Consumer fraud and someone needs to address! They take your money without permission and dont deliver on what they promise!
Entity: Internet, Internet
Mar 23 2009
Funtonia - Match.com com gave away my creditcard info to match.com Internet
I made a purchase on my charge card to funtonia.com... They did not have PayPal and I was hesitant at first. Stupid on my part I did it anyway, 2 weeks later I had a charge to Match.com. I had never visited nor used Match.com. I am normally very safe when using the internet for purchasing things. I would always investigate the company online before purchasing , My fault on this one I DIDN'T. Goes to show it only takes 1 time and they get you. I called my bank and hopefully things will be resolved soon. My bank first said I do not need a new card with only 1 item charged that was fraudulent. I told them BS...Send me another card now. Jennylmoon Knoxville, MarylandU.S.A.
Sep 17 2014
Match.com WMV Match.com Unauthorized charges on my Visa credit card. Dallas ? Internet
We discovered two unauthorized charges against our Visa card from Match.com We are not subscribers to this service and have absolutely no idea how our card number was compromised.
Nov 04 2014
Match.com Match.com lacks integrity and horrible customer service Nationwide
After being with Match.com for 7 months, I've learned and realized their business lacks integrity and definitely don't care about its customers and cares only about revenue. Ironically, Match.com is a company that's suppose to HELP people find love, and yet its not a people-oriented company at all! Match.com automatically renewed my 6-months subscription with my consent. When I found out, they told me user can choose not to select automatic-renewal option. So basically, by default, when you first sign up to Match.com, the option of 6-month automatical renew is setup in your account. As a user, you're not aware you had this choice until Match has already charged your credit card. The CORRECTt business practice would have been: 1) By default, assign non-automatical renew for each user's setting. 2) When 6-months membership is about to expire, Match.com should send an automatic email to its customer informing them their membership has expired and request customers to renew again. Also, apparently as I found out today, if you don't find a match within the first 6-months of subscription, you have 30 days to call Match and they will give you next 6 months for free. If you tell them after 30-days, it's too late and you will be charged for the 6-month description. WHY ARE USERS NOT INFORMED ABOUT THIS? So here I am, having been forced to continue another 6-months of membership with no option out. I feel that it is so unjust and unfair for Match.com to do this to all of its customers. For all those out there, please don't go thru the mistake I went through.
May 31 2016
Match.com Match.com will refund my $275 after cancellation Internet
I subscribed to Match.com several months ago not knowing they would extract the entire year in advance from my credit card. This enables them to Refuse a refund, which they did. I didnot use the service. They also, if you decide to use the service they automatically bill you when your subscription expires. This is the only company in my lifetime that keeps your money and provides nothing for it.
Sep 12 2016
Match.com Match.com renews account even after you cancel!! dallas Texas
Beware of their deceptive practices with Match.com!!! Match.com renewed my membership after cancelling!!!!   After cancelling days in advance of my renewal date, Match.com renew my membership anyway.  They will ask you for a cancellation number that they consumer will never get upon cancellation. Once you mention to Match.com that you never received one, they will tell you that there is nothing that they can do about getting you back your money.   If the company is this desparate for business, then they must be uncutting services in other areas of the website. Beware: go in with eyes wide open if you sign up.  If you do sign up and with to cancel, Contact someone directly; get their name and contact info; and some kind of cancellation confirmation, if you are lucky enough to get one!!
Entity: dallas, Texas
Aug 17 2017
Match.com match.com is a complete ripoff - deceptive trade practices Internet
Save your money. I have been a Member for months and just discovered that non-members cannot see and respond to your messages. Even worse, there is no way to tell who is a non-Member. Speaking with their customer service they try and avoid the question of why you cannot tell who is a member or not. They hem and haw and talk about who matches and if you want your email read but when forced to they admit that nobody can tell who a non-member is. the fake profiles and email does not really bother me but this is completely deceptive. why present everybody to you as a member if only to rip you off. a CLASSIC rip off. Attention any lawyers willing to class action these a**holes?also even though it is a phone pick on their menu to ask for a refund. they do NOT ever give refunds per their terms. Get with your cc company and do a chargeback on these jerks.
19, Report #207022
Aug 20 2006
Match.com dishonest fraud fake emails ripoff Internet
I let my membership expire this summer after one year on the website. Match asked the reason I was leaving and I answered that I was not getting any e-mail response from the men I was interested in. Shortly after I got an email saying that I had a letter in my mailbox from someone interested in me and I had to rejoin to read it. I decided to try it again and the e-mail was supposedly from someone over 1500 miles away. When I put the person's screenname in the search box it said there was no such account. I know that this letter came from someone inside the company and it was all a scam to get me to rejoin. D Fort Worth, TexasU.S.A.
Entity:
20, Report #207930
Aug 25 2006
MATCH.COM Ripoff Billing Scam ONLINE NATIONWIDE
Match.com obviously never heard of the phrase The customer is always right. They do not clearly disclose when you pay for a subscription that your account will continue to be automatically renewed UNTIL you pick up the phone to cancel the subscription. They sell packages of 1, 3 or 12 month memberships. But what is the purpose of a 1-month membership when they keep automatically renewing and charging your credit card??? I paid for 1 month thinking my account would expire after one month. WRONG! As a courtesy they felt obliged to keep charging my account!!!! This should be illegal!!!! Alicia naples, FloridaU.S.A.
21, Report #191951
May 17 2006
Match.com ripoff Nationwide
When I tried to cancel, 2 days after being auto billed for a six months subscription, they refused. I insisted and would not take no for an answer. Then they relented and refunded all but one month of service (which of course, is way more per month than the 6 month plan). I contacted the Attorney General in Minnesota (my home state) and Match.com ended up refunding all my money. Contact your Attorney General and your local news. I did and I won. Beth Brooklyn Park, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Sep 03 2004
Match.com ripoff Mcallen Texas
DO NOT USE MATCH.COM! They have made changes...You have to BOTH be subscribed members to correspond and NO WHERE when you are signing up does this tell you that! Also, when your are a subscriber and corresponding with others and your membership is over, they totally cut you and Match.com will not let you continue to carry on your corresponding, like other sites do! I complained and ask them to give me three days to finish my corresponding, because it does not state any of this while signing up and is NOT the Terms of Agreement, they said no. So IF you are going to use the site, make sure to give the other person a safe email to respond to you....otherwise you will not hear from them if they are not a subscriber. D Diane Lindstrom, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Entity: Mcallen, Texas
Jul 05 2005
Match.com ripoff by false advertising
Match.com. This site controls many other sites(please see below), they advertise that contacting others is Free. That is a lie. Misleading advertising: Can one register? Yes! can one Search? Yes! Can one send a flirt or ice breaker ? Yes! Important point is that : after doing all the above: the customer CANNOT CONTACT, OR BE CONTACTED EVEN BY PAID MEMBERS OF THE SITES. UNLESS CUSTOMER PAYS AND BECOMES A MEMBER. THE SITE USES : DISHONEST ADVERTISING TO BRING PEOPLE IN. THEY MUST SAY BEFORE SOMEONE SPENDS HIS OR HER TIME, THAT MEMBERSHIP IS NOT FREE. WHEN I WROTE A LETTER 0N 07-04-08 TO MATCH.COM THAT THAT IS A FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING AND THAT THE ONLY SITE REALLY FREE IS WEBDATE.COM(WHICH I AM A MEMBER H), THEY RETALIATED AND NOW I CANNOT USE WEBDATE.COM ANYMORE. WHEN I SEND A SIMPLE CLEAN MESSAGE SUCH AS PLEASE CONTACT ME THIS IS MY ADDRESS, IT SAYS: YOUR MESSAGE WAS NOT SENT, BECAUSE YOU PUT BAD THINGS IN IT. ALL OF THE SITES BELOW ARE CONTROLED BY MATCH.COM SINCERELY IRA Please see the following ads: Personal - Find Your Dream Match Today - Free! Photos, Profiles, Chat, and More. www.LoveAccess.com Free Personal - No Credit Card Required Email Local Singles Free freedatingdeals.com Personal sites - Find True Love at PerfectMatch. Meet Exciting Singles. Free Sign-Up www.PerfectMatch.com More web offers for Free Persoanl matches sites >> Matching Sites | Page 1 of 69 Learn more about Matching Sites Free Asian Personals - Picture Personals for Asian Singles Free Asian personals. Online picture personals singles site. ... so click on the datting sites above and find a lovematch in the free membership persoanl ads! http://www.lovematchonline.com/asian_personals.html Suggested Match.com Pages - top picks for 2004 here We've chosen the top sites for 2004 right here. ... Find your perfect match with for North Carolina dating - search for free mtch the North Carolina singles ... http://www.angelfire.com/linux/xhosa/match-resources.html Ira SANTEE, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Mar 31 2005
Match.com ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Richardson Texas
I used Match.com service for about 6 month. I decided not to subscribe anymore and decided to cancel my subscription myself by following the steps on their website. Little did I know, the steps I followed did not go through properly and did not produce a confirmation number. I called customer service and they say they cannot issue me a full refund because I used the service and that the system at Match.com is set up so that it does not issue any refund at all. Not only that, one of their staff, Luis, employee number 1146, gave me an ultimatum of either receiving a prorated refund or no refund at all. How rude is that? Another Employee I spoke to, Enrique, he is without employee ID currently, gave me the same treatment and the same excuse about the full refund. I ask him if they ever received any complaints, and his answer was, no, not at all. Mathew Rockville, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Richardson, Texas
Apr 19 2005
Match.com ripoff Internet
Again another company that takes your money without notifying you that your subscription is about to expire. They expect you to log on everyweek to check your account but most of us do not have time to do that. Like myself I have just enough time to check emails. If they can email you everyday with matches why can't they email you when your subscription is about to expire? Frank Fairfield, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.

Approximately 467 Reports Found