METRO PCS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Metro PCS

There may be more reports for "Metro PCS"

For more results perform a general search for "Metro PCS"

Showing 76-100 of 3,310 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Metro PCS"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

May 10 2003
Metro PCS Prorate Ripoff and Unacceptable Service Sacramento California
Metro PCS is a flat rate unlimited cellphone calling plan for local calls. Their call quality is terrible in this area. Its spotty and drop offs are the norm. Long distance is accomplished by prepaid only. Finally after a year, I quit and found an ATT deal that was cheaper and better. Metro PCS refused to pro-rate my monthly billing charge back, as I had already paid for 3 days and used 3 out of 30 days and we do not prorate. I read the user agreement carefully and there's nothing there that so indicates that policy. MetroPCS may have unlawfully kept monies due, retained my prepaid long distance without refund, and provided unacceptable service. Their customer service if you can ever reach it is practically non-existent. Jay Sacramento, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Sacramento, California
Apr 11 2008
Metro PCS Charging consumers, to PAY THEIR BILL!? Antioch California
I think the world has come to its climax of financial disease when a company charges you money to pay them. Metro PCS does not warn you of the fact that you are forced to pay them $2 ($3 if you go through a licensed dealer) to pay your bill. YES they do give you the OPTION of paying by credit card ONLY OVER THE INTERNET via their website to pay free of charge... but if the consumer A: does not have a computer or B: (and this is the real threat) does not feel comfortable giving out their credit card information over the internet, they are required to pay a fee just to pay their bills? Credit card fraud is as big as anything these days... when I call my fraud department at my bank, im on hold for anywhere from 30 mins to 1 hour/+ ! What does that tell me? Credit card fraud is happening on such a level and frequency that the call centers they have dedicated to the cause are swamped with calls about it... in a world like todays, who is really comfortable giving out their credit card information over a source as unreliable and compromised as the internet? nobody monitors or enforces security on the internet.. the internet exists because of the network of people logged into it.. period! So for a company to charge money for people to pay their bills, is not only outrageous, but a bit of a slap in the face. Metro PCS was designed to attract customers from 2 specific groups of people. A: those who dont travel much but still talk on their phone way too much to pay the un-godly prices of other carriers, and B: those who dont have credit reports that support going to another carrier. So in that right, they are in a monopoly. They can service people no other company will... no other company will give service to someone with bad credit or no credit, at least not without paying some rediculous deposit like $300+... then its more like a prepaid credit card... So, with other issues at hand such as merchants charging people to use their credit cards at their businesses (which it illegal, but people still do it) and having minimum purchase amounts to USE a credit card (which is not illegal, but is against both Mastercard and VISA's contractual agreement with all merchants) now we must look at whether or not this type of business is illegal or not... If it is illegal for a merchant to charge you a fee to use your credit card at their establishment, why is it not illegal for a merchant to charge you to pay your monthly service bills? they basically have included an un-advertised $2-3 fee that everyone must pay into their service, unless they want to sacrifice the integrity of their identity over the net. Can someone please do something about this? Or tell me HOW to? John q taxpayer Antioch, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Antioch, California
Oct 15 2008
Metro PCS Sold Me A Defective Phone & A Used One At That! Hudson Florida
I recently bought a samsung model rch210 from a metro pcs dealer. The actual companies name was Talk Time. The total cost of the phone was a few dollars over $100, it was told to me, that it was their cheapest phone. As I got the phone back home, I knew it needed a charge. So I charged it, and when I came back to my phone, to my surprisement, the phone was powered down! Thinking that it was very strange for a cell phone to do so, while charging, I proceeded to try to turn the phone on once again. But to my amazment, the phone did not return to the powered on feature. It just continued to stay powered off. So in fear that something was wrong with my phone, I proceeded to take it back to the actual location of purchase. When returning to the store I once purchased the phone at, I was basically given the run around. I was first told that the battery some how had gotten wet. But to my own knowledge a battery is kept on the inside of the cell phone, and if the battery becomes wet, the cell phone would have usually gotten wet right along with it. I argued my complaint with them, but still they came up with the same response, I'm sorry sir but you will have to purchase another battery. Well when asking them how much a battery costs, they told me they didnt have any in stock, and they would have to order one. I asked them how long it would take, and their response was 1 to possibly 2 weeks at best.'' Well that just wasnt satisfactory, so I went to another cell phone provider, and they had the battery for my cell phone. I bought it there, and returned to the store not much more than a day later, because once again, guess what? Yep you guessed it, the cell phone quite working once again! I told them over and over again that it was a new battery I had bought for the cell phone, and that I knew for a fact that it was the cell phone itself. Well like usual and expected they argued about that! So I once again just to prove them wrong, went out and bought another brand new battery today! I took it back into them, because the same problems occured and still they said it was the battery and not the phone. Even another cell phone company had called them, and told them it was the phone, that the phone was defective. Still they denyed it, and told me I would have to take it up with the corporate office. Well common people, dont you see the problem, I live in Pasco County, and Clearwater is many miles away for someone who doesn't have transportation more than half of the time. Also just to take it way down there, is completely rediculous. I believe they should have fixed it right then and there, at their office. But ofcourse like I said they refused. When I became to get a little mad about the whole entire situation, and when I threw one question right after another at them, they basically made their jaws drop to the floor, they actually told me to leave their store and to never come back! Can you believe this? Actually kicking a customer out, for asking questions about their cell phones, and why they sold me a defective phone! Are they guilty, do they actually have a concience, do they care about the littler people. My answer to those statements my friends are, now are you ready for this? Here we go, No, Yes, Yes, No, and surely a big No for the question of if they care about the littlier people! My advice to people out there thinking of getting a cell phone through metro pcs, JUST DONT DO IT! It's not worth your time, and or effort to go through the hassle that not only myself, but many others' in the past have! Their nothing but a rip off company, looking to make a quick buck off the little people out there it today's society. Richard Port Richey, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Hudson, Florida
Jan 12 2009
Metro Pcs stay away from this horrid company...bad service, bad warranties.... Orlando Florida
stay away from this company-- they are the worst...they have the worst service, worst reception, bad phones, horrid warranties, if something is wrong with your phone prepare to have to go through hell to get it fixed or something done about it...metro pcs is sh*t... they need to be shut down completely....so people aren't scammed by these low lifes shannon orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Orlando, Florida
Jan 02 2009
Metro PCS RIPOFF Fort Myers Florida
I bought a phone from Metro PCS for $105.99. The deal was no contract and monthly. I had 60 minutes or 30 days whichever came first to return the phone for a full refund. I told them I was in Cape Coral. They said no problem. I got back to the condo and found the only way the phone would work was standing in one of 2 windows in the living room. I tried most of the evening to get a Metro PCS support person on the phone and never did get anything other than a recording. So, I took the phone back to the Superstore I bought it at and talked to a fellow named Daniel. His first conversation was that he would give me a different phone as the one I had bought was maybe not strong enough. He went in the back somewhere and returned several minutes later with the same phone and said that he had put a booster (at no cost) on the antenae. I should try that and he was sure that it would work ..... WELL .... it didn't! What few calls would come through (when the phone was laying close to the living room window) were from collection agencies trying to reach 1 of 3 previous owners of the wonderful phone number that I had been assigned. To bring this already LONG story to a conclusion ... the only time I actually talked to a live service person on the phone was the night I finally got a voice mail through and found that the service had been discontinued because I had not paid the bill (which came by non-extistent voice mail!!). This company is a fraud and does absolutely nothing in my experience to warrant any support whatsoever! If you buy a Metro PCS phone and it doesn't work the VERY FIRST TIME you use it ... take it back and tell the you want your money back IMMEDIATELY! I am sure that there are pockets that it works very well in, but they need to be honest and trustworthy and stand behind their product. Jackie Cape Coral, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Fort Myers, Florida
Jan 09 2009
Metro Pcs Store absolutely rude service, jerks that work there Orlando Florida
just went into the store to try to get some help for my phone.. got talked down to by an arrogant condescending jerk...named hector and anyone else who worked there...not helpful mostly just rude... that's no way to help out customers needing it...was so annoyed didn't care to resolve the issue but just left....i know i dont go into stores as a valued 'customer' to get talked down to in a negative condescending way....what a bunch of stupid rude employees....will not be going back to that stupid place anytime soon... also went to another store nearby....same problem...the associate was not that helpful and also pretty condescending. i was expecting help courteous service....they are nice when u walk in saying 'welcome to metro pcs' but the moment u ask your question they are total scumbags....sad to know the worst phone service out there also has the worst customer service and help... anonymous orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Orlando, Florida
Aug 24 2008
METRO PCS Rips customers off and wont fix MAJOR mistakes Richardson Texas
I have been with Metro PCS for a year and never had to call with questions. So when I finally did call to ask that if I was going out of town and I didn't pay my next bill when it was due because I couldn't use it where I was, what would happen? I was told by the rep that all would be fine, but I had to pay it in 22 days or they would disconnect my phone and I would lose my number and have to pay a $35 reconnect fee. They then said, that if I paid befor ethen, I would still get my month of service. So I waited until Aug 8 and paid my bill based on the reps info. Well 11 days later they turned it off. I called and asked why, they told me the rep gave wrong info and my regular payment should be made AGAIN to continue service. I complained and got a Supervisor who told me to go the the Metro PCS store and they could correct it. I go to the store and they says they have no account access, to call sustomer service. It has been a back and forth thing...they won't issue a refund eventhough they admit the recording has the rep giving me wrong info and wont change my billing cycle either. MKR Some where mad in, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Richardson, Texas
Aug 21 2008
Metro Pcs I bought there ins because Carol Stream Illinois
I spent an hour AND A HALF DOCUMENTED .TRYING TO MY PAY BILL I CALLED TO GET A RECORDING WHEN I SAID i WANTED TO SPEAK WITH AN AGENT THE NUMBER I CALL WAS 888 863- 8768 THE RECORING SAID I UNDERSTAND YOU WANT TO SPEAK WITH AN AGENT CORRECT ,.BUT IB CAN HELP YOU FASTER HERE . I REPEATLY ASKED TO SPEAK WITH AN AGEN AFTER REPEATED ATTEMP I GOT THROUGH THEM WAS DISSCONECTED THREE TIMES IN A FRIDAY WHEN I WAS THE BUISNES WAS THE EXTREAMLY BUSY .I GOT THERE INSURANCE PLAN AND THEY SENT ME A PHONE THAt was inferior the the one that i not working I could not find anyone to transfer my phone book . Basically they eat onew hour and a half finaly i have my phone turned on .And am still without my phone book So I beleve they owe mr for my time ubfair and deceptive trade practices faulty equipement I would like to get other people to form a class action law suit against these people from ripping other people off . my email is (((ROR REDACTED)) There is no way what they are doing is legal i AM TIRED OF BEING RIPPED OFF BY COMPANIES THAT TRY TO OVER CHARGE YOU FOR EQUIPEMT THAT DOES NOT WORK . iF THERE ARE OTHERS PLEASE EMAIL ME FIGHT BACK IT.S THE AMERICAN WAY. DONT LET THEM TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU FIGHT TOGETHER WE CAN WINN. CHET FORT LAUDERDALE, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Carol Stream, Illinois
Mar 24 2012
metro pcs REBATE RIP-OFF oak park, Michigan
I go into the metro pcs store I've gone in for years and I ask about a cell phone that's advertised as $29.00. The clerk tells me it costs $59.00 but comes with a $30.00 rebate. They ask if I have existing service I say yes. They tell me the final cost will be $73.00. I'm confused at this point. The clerk informs me that there is a $10.00 fee for them to fill out the rebate form and mai it off. I say no thanks I can do it and then he says we'll transfer your pictures and contacts, which is what the other $10.00 is for. I know how to fill out a rebate form I do it all the time being a TMobile customer (free of charge) the cell phone wasn't for me, it was for a friend who had a stroke, can't see so well so he doesn't have pictures in his phone and as far as contacts go-all he needed to do was have some one put them in his new phone, he wasn't t rading his phone in. The clerk would not say that they are required to do these things, he just looked at me as if he wished I'd leave his store, a customer had come in. When i was a metro pcs customer I upgraded my phone at home myself-I never had to pay for that. All you have to do is call the customer svc number and give them your password, serial numbers of new phone and its done. The rebate is really $10.00 and you have to pay $20.00 to get it. RIP-OFF!
Entity: oak park, Michigan
Sep 28 2011
Metro PCS CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ITS WORST! Roosevelt , New York
On 9/9/11 I went to this store - not the closest location to house but recommended by a close friend who uses them. The salesperson (only 1 in the store) could tell me little about the phones but I chose one that seemed reliable and the salesperson said it was a great phone.  I needed a reliable good quality phone.  I have progressive Multiple Sclerosis, Insulin Dependent Diabetes and other medical problems.  I drive a specially adapted van and never know where my adventures will take me. A cell phone is not just fun to text friends but a LIFELINE in an emergency. The same day that I got the phone the battery cover kept coming off it just would stay on.  I put a jelly-like cover to protect the phone & keep the cover in place but before I could install it the back got lost. Within a couple days of having the phone it seemed that the battery life was UNUSUALLY SHORT.  I was forever charging the battery.  Within a week of owning the phone a new problem developed (the charge when 100% would last about 3 to 4 hours) and if the phone went dead it could take 24 hours or more to get the phone back to 100% charge. During this time the phone COULD NOT be used it WOULD NOT come on. If I attempted to turn it on all I got was a photo of an battery showing how much charge was on the phone - even at 99% it would not turn on. When I bought the phone the salesperson suggested METROGUARD a cell phone protection plan that she said would replace the phone in the event of any kind of damage, water, etc. It was cheap enough so I said YES. The phone became my nemisis.  I would dial a number - sometimes the call would go thru sometimes it wouldn't. Sometimes I could complete my call before being disconnected sometimes I couldn't.  This IS NOT good when you are carrying a phone in the event of a MEDICAL EMERGENCY.  I could not use GOOGLE or any web apps because they took an UNUSUALLY LONG TIME TO CONNECT & MOST OFTEN BEFORE THEY CONNECTED - THE PHONE TURNED ITSELF OFF! My friend who swore by this place kept encouraging me take it back.  On 9/23 I took the phone with me on some errands & in 2 1/2 hours THE BATTERY WAS DEAD. I charged the phone for MORE THAN 48 HOURS before I could use it again.  The phone worked a little (when it wanted) but again on 9/25 IT DIED!  By this morning 9/28 I still COULD NOT turn the phone on I was getting the picture of the battery & though it said 100% charged the phone WOULD NOT turn on. So this afternoon OFF I WENT TO ROOSEVELT! I went to the same salesperson who sold me the phone. She EVENTUALLY got the phone to turn on & it worked a little though the screen kept fading. I pulled out my paperwork (my account info (1 sheet), a list of web addresses (1 sheet) and another sheet outling available plans) EVERYTHING I WAS GIVEN WHEN I BOUGHT THE PHONE. I pointed out to the salesperson that I had METROGUARD.  This is when she produced a paper I never saw before. I was instructed to call a phone number. They would mail be another phone (5 to 7 business days), then within 7 days I would need to mail the broken phone (at my expense) along with a $30 check. I was blindsided. When I was sold METROGUARD every indication was that this an IN STORE REPLACEMENT POLICY.  While I was having my disagreement with them another woman had bought a phone a 1/2 hour before her husband did not like it & she wanted to return it. The store receipt says that the phone is returnable if used for less than 1 hour talk or text time. The salesperson then pointed to a sign on the wall with print much larger than this saying she had to pay a 30% RESTOCKING FEE.  Getting nowhere with the store she called the police. THE POLICE WERE SURLY NASTY and NO HELP AT ALL!  One officer who appeared to be a Sergent went up to the 2 sales people while the other officer talked to us. I heard the Sergent say THIS HAS TO STOP WE HAVE REAL EMERGENCIES YOU NEED TO BETTER INFORM YOUR CUSTOMERS BECAUSE WE CANNOT BE RUNNING OVER HERE EVERY 10 MINUTES TO SETTLE YOUR DISPUTES.  The officers left I attempted to call my friend who recommended the store to me. I HAVE METRO PCS - SHE HAS METRO PCS it took OVER 25 MINUTES FOR THE CALL TO CONNECT.  I then attempted to call the METRO PCS CORPORATE OFFICE but when I did I received a message saying I DID NOT have enough minutes to complete the call. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE WHEN I AM PAYING FOR AN UNLIMITED TEXT & CALL PLAN? I spoke to my mom - spoke to other friends (intermittently as calls felt like connecting) - WHAT SHOULD I DO? It was now about 2:30 pm the salesperson instructed me to return to the store at 6 pm the manager would be in then. In the meantime the other customer that got ripped off returned. She went to a METRO PCS CORPORATE STORE (located at 427 Old Country Road - no phone listed) and was now back at the ROOSEVELT STORE for her REFUND WITHOUT THE RESTOCKING FEE.  She suggested I go there. I DID go to that store there were several catergories of customer call numbers mine was 725.  For 1 HOUR NO ONE CALLED ANOTHER CUSTOMER.  The person who appeared to be the manager stood outside talking on his phone. 2 of the employees behind the counter were with customers - the 3rd sat on a stool staring into space. For the longest time the 700 numbers remained on 721 & 722.  I had closed my eyes for maybe 5 minutes & when I opened them the last customer beside me was leaving.  OK there are 3 employees, the manager & me I WILL GET HELP - RIGHT? NO the 2 men went into the backroom leaving only the woman there & she preceeded to call off endles numbers from a variety of different categories - remind you I WAS THE ONLY CUSTOMER IN THE STORE. FINALLY 1 of the men came out of the back & called my number. He said he saw nothing wrong with the phone. I reported to him all the problems I was having. He said he COULD send the phone away (up to 2 weeks) for replacement or repair but this WOULD NOT resolve all of my problems. He claimed that the CONNECTION PROBLEMS I was experiencing, dropped calls, the phone going off were ENTIRELY DUE TO THE FACT THAT I HAD NOT SYNCED MY GMAIL ACCOUNT WITH THE PHONE! WHAT???? I asked him where in the instruction manuals this was written & I was told that it wasn't.  I said that the salesperson that sold me the phone never said anything about this.  His response: EVERYONE KNOWS BEFORE AND AFTER YOU BUY A CELL PHONE THAT YOU DO A COMPLETE INTERNET SEARCH ON THE PHONE TO FIGURE OUT THE IDIOCYNCRACIES AND QUIRKS!  At that point I LOST IT!  All my years of owning cell phones I NEVER HEARD OF ANYTHING LIKE THIS - you go to a store a salesperson helps you pick out a suitable phone - gives you BASIC INSTRUCTION and you figure out the rest from the manual. At this point between the Roosevelt Store, the waiting and the time for this man to do his evaluation and assessment I WAS DEALING WITH THIS PHONE ISSUE FOR A SOLID 5 HOURS! When I left the store I WAS VERY, VERY ANGRY TO SAY THE LEAST.  I called mom to let her know what happened then my friend to let her know what happened. When finished with these 2 calls I took the cell phone, the charger, all the paperwork & put it in the garbage in my car. I spent OVER $170 on the phone, METROGUARD & first months service but I HAVE HAD ENOUGH - IT IS IN THE GARBAGE WHERE IT BELONGS! When I am billed or contacted about paying my bill on 10/8/11 they will have a better chance of getting blood from a stone than getting more money from me. At least for now (though not safe) I WILL BE WITHOUT A PHONE.  I have other financial priorites right now & after this rip off it will take me a while to recover.
Entity: Roosevelt, New York
Mar 10 2012
METRO PCS REBATE SCAM EL PASO, Texas
We purchased four phones from Metro PCS when we started our phone service.  We filled out the rebate forms and submitted the four forms before the new year.  After a long run around and resubmitted the forms 11 times. we only received rebates for two phones.  We are extremely unhappy with the poor phone service and are also unhappy with the poor customer service.  Keep away from Metro PCS.
Entity: EL PASO, Texas
Feb 10 2012
Metro PCS Disconnected before due date while I was out of state Hollywood, Florida
I went to MetroPCS.com on January 27th to add travel talk and pay my bill because I had to go to Indianapolis for my baby sisters' funeral.  I was unable to add travel talk or pay on line since the site was down (I have seen other complaints on pissedconsumer.com for this exact same day).  Because MetroPCS phones do not work outside of ones calling area without the addition of Travel Talk, it was very important to add the service (has to be done BEFORE you leave the calling area) and I was finally able to get through to a live representative. I spoke to Angelo (MetroPCS Employee #926748) on January 27, 2012 at 12:16pm (est).  I write everything down, force of habit.  At that time I asked him to add Travel Talk which is $5 per phone and I have two phones.  I wanted to pay my bill.  He said that he was able to add Travel Talk successfully to both phones but was unable to take my payment because the system was down there, too. I fly out that evening and arrive in Indianapolis at 1:00am (est) on January 28th.  I couldn't make a call.  I get up around 10:00am (est) that same morning, still can't make a call.  Had to use the hotel phone at $1.00 per call plus 10 cents a minute to contact my family.  Mind you I was in town for this tragic event as my sister had been murdered on January 23rd, on her 42nd birthday.  My phone never worked in Indianapolis.  I was driving in back country roads, in the sticks, with no phone. I arrive back in Hollywood, FL on January 28th at 6:30pm (est)  STILL no phone even though I am now in my calling area.  Had to pay $38.00 for a cab ride when my friend was sitting at the airport waiting on my call.  My phone had been totally disconnected four days before my payment due date (2nd of each month). I came home, went on line to pay my bill so I could call my friend to let him know that I was already home.  My normal bill is always $75.00 for both phones each month.  My bill was $95.00 (January 29, 2012 confirmation #205568098)- so I was doubled charged for Travel Talk.  I had to pay the bill, even though it wasn't due or I wouldn't be able to use my phone and/or even port my number to another service (which I immediately went to AT&T for new phones and service).  When I went to the Corporate store (Young Circle, Hollywood, FL) they had a difficult time even looking me up - partly because when they started my account, they used my middle name as my last name and said they couldn't change it (I should've ran then).   The manager, Junior, said I have to wait 4-6 weeks for a refund (I don't even believe him).   The store representative was as helpful as he could be - but the manager treated me as if I was out to get something for nothing.  It is unbelievable that I should have to wait 6 minutes for my refund after what I've been through, much less six WEEKS?  How can they do this?  My bill was paid BEFORE it was due - they confirmed that fact at the Corporate store.  No one at MetroPCS seems to know or care what about what happened.  The stress and inconvenience that this has caused me is tremendous and I will make it my business to pull as many consumers away from that company as humanly possible.  Horrible customer care.
Entity: Hollywood, Florida
Feb 10 2012
Entity: Hollywood, Florida
89, Report #692065
Feb 07 2011
Metro PCS Is a JOKE! los angeles, California
  So I was having issues with my phone...annoying echo, late textes, vm not picking up, phone blacking out. Went into the corporate store on LaBrea in La,CA.  Big mistake!!! The employees were rude as heck(AND STUPID), I asked for the manager who told me to go to another location if I didnt like the service. WTF!! I asked for the headquarters# 888-8metro8...I have called for 5 days and still cant get a live person on the phone.  I have called 214-570-5800(the automated machine hung up on me after I pressed 2 for corporate), 214-265-2550(left a message), 214-570-4641(disconnected)...I have tried to contact Roger Linquist(CEO of Metro) by e-mail...FAIL as well as Thomas Keys (COO) and J.Braxton carter(CFO)...If anyone has a WORKING contact # or email to these people, please pass it on....LETS flood their email or v.m. until something is done... If your sick and tired of this S@#T like I am! Sick of it all!!!!
Entity: los angeles, California
Feb 20 2011
Metro PCS LIARS, CROOKS...DEVILS Internet, New York
Metro PCS put my Account in Collections for paying my bill on time!!! They increased my premium without authorization!!! My bill was paid via my On-Line Bank Account for $45.00. This was supposed to be my fixed rate, however on the February Statement, they suddenly increased the rate to $49.00. My payment was delivered on time to them on the due date 2/18/11.  I called them and made another by phone payment covering the difference via credit card. On Feb. 20. 2011 they cut me off!! I went to the store on Hillside Avenue in Queens Village, NY and was told by the Rep. that my Account is in Collections!! I came in showing my printed Receipt of my On-Line Payment and the Confirmation number for the credit card By Phone payment. The Rep. called corporate headquarters and spoke to a women telling her I had proof of my payments and still she argued with him, demanding my credit card number!!! I refused to give it to her and she refused to re-instate service and lift the fraudulent delinquency from my Account!!!! Isn't this Blackmail?? My credit has been negatively affected as one of my credit cards is now charging me an annual Fee to keep the card. This is the second month in a row they pulled this stunt! This company is obviously a Fraud and should not be in business!!!
Entity: Internet, New York
Mar 04 2011
metro pcs ms. flaca, mr. atiba manager sales rep was disrespectful to me and rude. miami, Florida
on 3/3/2011 i mrs. s. b  went into your store at 8191 n. 27 avenue to purchase a upgrade phone for my 2nd line (786) XXXXXXX (((REDACTED)))  and was told that i needed to pay an additional ten dollars to upgrade my phone. i asked the young man to show me the policy where it states that. i was rudely interrupted by a ms. flaca alphonso by saying (we don't have it in writing), and for me to look behind me on the wall and read a pamplet from the wall. i removed a pamplet from the wall and ms. alphonso snatched it away from me and walked awat in the back of the store. i waited for a whille for her and she did not return. i asked the young man where was she and she stated that she was not on duty at this time. ms. alphonso finally came out the back and yelled at me i'm not working so she doesn't have to speak to me. i asked her what was her name and she stated she was not giving me her name and laughed in my face with a smurf smile. i asked the young man for her name and he told me flaca and that he could not give out her first name. i purchased the phone paying the ten dollars that i still do not understand the reason for it. i also purchased a case fo my phone continuing to give u my business and ms. alphonso again walked around the counter where i was and looked at me and laughed and speaking spanish loudly as she exited the store. i was appalled by her actions and that this had just taken place in a business. i was so distraught by her actions that i felt light headed and my blood pressure immediately went to the sky. i am asking that this employee be removed form  a company that has long time valueable customers as you do. i am also requesting a meeting with your corporate office manager to relieve my stress. i will also be contacting my attorney if i am not satisfied with the outcome of this matter. i am a miami dade officer and i deal with the worse of people and treat them with respect and i demand the same please feel free to call me at 7xx-xxx-xxxx. (((REDACTED)))  thank you for handling this urgent matter. sincerlely, mrs. s. b CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: miami, Florida
Mar 18 2011
METRO PCS I PURCHASED RINGBACK TONES, THEY WORKED 4 ABOUT ONE MONTH Internet
I purchased a cell phone through Metro Pcs back in January of this year (2011).... I purchased the option to have ringback tones on my phone.  This is when you recieve a phone call and the caller hears music playing instead of the normal ringing sound. The ringback tones worked for about a month, so the next month in February I purchased my 2 songs and I immediatley tried to change one of the songs to my default ringback tone, and I was given some kind of error message like sorry we can not proceed with your request at this time, please try again later.  I thought well I will just try again in a few days, the next time I tried it was still saying the same thing...The next month I reported it. I had trouble getting through to a live person...the automated system keep saying I can help u with that, and its really no help at all...when i finally get through and get someone it is the wrong dept.  They had to transfer me to a technical support dept.  which in turn did not help me.  They gave me a trouble ticket number told me to check back in 5 working days, I waited 9 working days and they still didn't have my ringback tones working....they gave me another trouble ticket number and apologized to me for them overlooking my last trouble ticket and they vowed to get to the bottom of the issue, and that was almost a week ago, and they still haven't fixed the problem....they told me that they would give me a five dollar bill credit for the month of March, and I still have not recevied it yet....FYI I have been paying for the ringback tones for the last three months and have not been able to use them. I'm just going to say this yeah with metro you can talk and text all you want for one flat rate, but is it really worth it??  Hello...can you hear me now?? I am dropping this crappy service and I will be joining the now network.....verizon
Dec 13 2010
Metro PCS online payment not acknowledged-cell phone turned off , Internet
I paid my Metro PCS cell phone bill online with Express Pay on the due date. Payment accepted through Metro's Bill Matrix with a confirmation code.  The day after payment, Metro PCS says my payment has not been made and my phone has been disconnected. Three (3) DAYS later, my cell phone is still not on and there is NO WAY to get to a live person. 888-8metro8 is a phone tree with no way to get to an agent, event tho the recording says they will connect me to one if they can't help me. All they want is payment, which I already made.  I will be reporting this theft of my money to the credit card company and I will no longer do business with Metro PCS.  Calling the Bill Matrix service does no good.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Sep 19 2009
Metro PCS charged me for 11 days that my phone was off! Internet
I've had Metro phone service for about a year now. My payment date has been the 19th of the month for the duration of that time. Recently being out of work and money I was unable to pay my phone bill on the 19th. I ended up needing it again so I had paid the bill on August 30th, eleven days later.Well the 19th of September comes around and my phone is once again shut off. I had called Metro PCS customer service only to be told that the payment I had made on the 30th was only good until the 19th again. Keep in mind this is a PREPAID phone so I pay for the month ahead not the month that has passed.I paid 44.95 which was for a full MONTHS service not 19 days. The person I spoke with on the phone explained to me that he could not change my billing cycle to the 30th instead they charge me for the eleven days that my phone was shut off. Bottom line I got taken for a ride if you have this phone provider and don't pay your bill for a month, it's better off just to wait or you'll be paying for service you won't get.
May 19 2010
Metro PCS Bill Matrix metropcs, Internet
well here i sit after getting off the phone with metro's customer service witch was a joke.on may5th 2010 i payed my bill online though metro-pcs's billmatrix, 3 hours later my phone was disconnected, called there customer service, they had my phone turned back on and opened a report, i hear nothing more about it. then a week later my phone gets tuned off again! i call there s*itty CS dept. and get a ohh sorry about that here its back on again. another week goes by. phones back off, call again they said my bill is past due and you need to pay even tho i have proof via bank statement and there confirmation number from there crappy billcraptrix there wanting ANOTHER $54.00 to have my service turned back on and will not even acknowledge my CC statement or the retarded confirmation number, imho.. they just want more money, well sorry not gonna happen, and just like i told you CS lady # 7700somthing i will be posting this all over the internet on how you willfully ripped me off for my money and told me SORRY. in my honest opinion stay away from metro pcs there starting to act like the big cellphone company's. there 40 a month no games will turn into 45 a month. then 50 and then somehow 54 a month.. in the beginning they where great, but now there just out to get you like all the rest.
Entity: Richardson, Texas, Internet
May 24 2010
Metro Pcs Store Service rep lied to my face Antioch, California
Last Febuary, we had our phone activated on the 28th. Since I get paid on the first of the month, I was told that I would have to go to the main office to change billing date, at a cost of ten dollars. I didn't have a car, so I paid $54 a month instead of the $42.97. Well I went to the main office to have billing date, name corrected on March 1, 2010. The service rep stated no problem, that it was effective imediately. Then on April 20th, received a Metro text to pay the $42.97 by the 27th. I went back, showed the same rep the message. She then said the only way the billing date, name correction can be changed is if the phone stays off for seven days or buy a new phone. By that time I would owe more money. I couldn't get a hold of anyone at the 1800 numbers, or go into my account online. This is the only phone I have. I guess they want to make extra money. My plan is forty a month, not 54
Entity: Antioch, California
May 25 2010
Metro Pcs Headquaters not trust worthy, liars, false advertisment Internet
I have been a Metro PCS customer since they started over 8years ago in ATL. However I am disappointed that they are unfair, not trustworthy and they lie to most of their customers. I purchase a new phone with them atleast every 2 years, due to a phone defect that Metro PCS refuses to answer to, I can meet someone and their phone has the same problems as i do. Recently my husband and I bought the Samsung- Caliber from them and of course there was a rebate offered with this phone. The phone was purchased in March, we were told that it would take 4 to 5 weeks for a rebate, we called to check on the status of the rebate when we recieved a letter in the mail stating they would not be able to honor our rebate due to the untruth that it was'nt a new activation. We were told that there were 2 types of rebates, we did all they asked us to do, It's May 25, still no rebate, we are getting a run around about which company is responsible for the rebate. My second problem is that when you have a problem with your phone no one at the 800 line can help you, there is transfer after transfer until you are finally disconnted then you start the whole process over with given all the information that was asked the first time, My husband is having problems trying to understand why he could'nt get on the internet, that happended around 3pm tooday, he fell asleep on the phone while waiting to for the 4th person to try to help him, only to be giving a number and told to call back that number the net day. Finally, as a long time customer they have never offered one month free, or half of your next bill, my bill is never the same each month it is always a few cents off or maybe a dollar more, However the way I use my phone has never changed..... Metro PCS will soon be like FaceBook although it's free or cheap people are finally seeing you get what you pay for. I wanna see Metro PCS reveiw there files and give dedicated customers some credit, because we keep them going.
Jun 24 2009
Metro Pcs i fake phone store seller Trenton New Jersey
they have fake iphones i got one before and it was in chine made their wasnt even from mac the sell crappy phones he told me that was a good phone but its not the internet dose not work it u can only hold the keyboard up way has no app store have to press on the screen to make it work never go their they are illegal i think Qumic trenton, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Trenton, New Jersey
Jul 12 2009
Metro Pcs Store Who would of thought Wilmer Texas
I went to go pay for my metro bill and the next two days my phone was off. When I went to a metro store they told me that I never paid my bill and that's why it was off. I had the Receipt that i made the payment They told me that it came back nsf but I paid it with cash. I also made a payment to start my cycle over and the guy charge me 10.00 extra well I found out that it only cost 5.00 and he had include it on the receipt. They give me 3 days to get it fix or my phone would be off. I work all day and dont have time but I will get to it. The sad part I cant report it to no metro company cause they dont have it on there website. L_chick wilmer, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Wilmer, Texas
Aug 13 2009
Metro PCS They are liars with horrible customer service!!! Internet
After having a metro PCS phone for a month the screen on the phone went out. I promptly attempted to return the phone but I was told that there would be a ten dollar charge for a replacement. I was then informed that if I had an extra phone I could get my service activated to that phone. I decided that I would have my old phone activated and not pay an extra ten dollars, since I had only had the Metro Pcs phone for a month. I didn't want to pay the ten dollars because I figured that the same thing could happen to the new one and then I would be going in circles, stuck with a broken phone. I called in to customer service to have the old phone activated. After speaking with a customer service agent who was preparing to walk me through the activation process of giving him my ESN (electronic serial number) off of the phone. I noticed that the phone wasnt charged and I had to postpone the activation until I could go out and buy a charger for it. So, After getting a charger I was now ready to activate the phone. So , I go into a Metro PCS store to have the phone activated and they tell me it will be $40 to have the phone switched over to Metro PCS. I told the sales associate that I had just spoken to someone in customer service that was going to activate it without the mention of any additional fees. The sales agent then tells me  You have gotten wrong information.  Metro Pcs has the worst customer service that I have seen yet, and that's bad considering that there are some other places that have some pretty bad customer service as well. I have since given the phone to my mom as a spare and have moved on to something better. This cellphone company has taught me that I would much rather pay more for quality than to be cheap and get crap!

Showing 76-100 | Showing Page 4 of 133