NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: National Magazine Exchange

There may be more reports for "National Magazine Exchange"

For more results perform a general search for "National Magazine Exchange"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Feb 07 2006
N.M.E. (National Magazine Exchange) ripoff Clear Water Florida
I recieved a green card stating to call a 1-800 number immediately because they were trying to contact me. I called the next day, and they were holding a sweepstakes for a million dollars+ and jewelery and other prizes. Being the woman I am, I subscribe for two subscriptions to their magazines. In addition to the magazines, I would be getting 3 more free magazines, making 5 in total. I agreed, and was asked my card number. I gave them the credit card number, and was told I would only be billed ONCE. The next three months was a disaster, I was in debt because of another NME bill, and another, and another. Finally, I had enough. I went online to find the NME phone number (because I had lost my card) and came across this website. I called NME and asked for customer services to cancel my account, now knowing it was a complete rip-off. A lady came on the line and had told me that I had been billed all the amount that needed to be paid. I asked for my credit card number to be removed and she told me she could not do that, since the number was in file work and also electronically submitted. I honestly believe this market is a rip-off. And now that I know it really is, I know its not called NME because is a GOOD company, if you catch my drift. Raychel Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Clear Water, Florida
Jul 26 2005
National Magazine Exchange RIPOFF Ex-employee worked there 8 days! CLEARWATER Florida
Just thought that I would let you guys know that if you fall for this pitch, the free watches with the real diamond;) at the twelve-o-clock setting have a street value of $2.99 if you even get them. The $40 gas rebate that is offered is only available in $10 increments and can only be used once a month. $10 for 4 months in a row. Wow! Can't dare tell you that on the phone though. I don't know how many people would say well at least I know I will get to fill up my car one time for free. I would have to put out a fake laugh and say thats right! Gasoline is so high right now Even though I knew it was total bullsh**. Talk about going home after work and not feeling good about yourself! These special gifts are given to you for free and all that you have to do is let us charge your credit card $267.00 Not only that but you will also be billed for a system call Connections that cost $9.95 a month. Hopefully you won't spot that one on your credit card statement for a couple months and when you do then you have to fight to have it removed. Maybe that's why I only lasted 8 days. Basically it's go to work, listen to some horrible team rally speach by a freak mangager and then talk some people into buying some magazines that aren't doing well at the news stand. It's sick to sign up an 87 year old woman with a 48 month subscription. I was told that the elderly are the easiest. Just tell them we have magazines like Prevention and Diabetic Cooking. The magazines (if you even get them) can take up to 3 months to receive. If you get the letter with the Pat Haines non-sense on it go ahead and call and enter. I don't know if the contest is real or not but it's worth a shot. Once you hear the hook line of 'what would you do with a million dollars.' Just HANG UP! Some people would ask when the drawing is and I would have to say on or about Dec. 31 If the mark asked why the about part of it, I was told to say that sometimes there are hurricanes in Florida and the drawing might have to wait a couple days. Hurricanes in DECEMBER? Get real! This was a red flag to me that the contest doesn't even exist. Good Riddance Lisa Tampa, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: CLEARWATER, Florida
Jun 28 2005
National Magazine Exchange - N.M.E. thieves, a$$holes, stealing your money, RIPOFF! Clearwater Florida
everyone who works at this company are souless, idiotic, knieving ass****'s. They should jump off a skyrise, onto a bed of nails on the ground for how they steal from people! This company bomabrds you with all this circular logic and how the magazines are cheap and its a great deal. I treid to cancell my account after i sgned up, 3 days after to be exact. Yhey said it was impossible to to do that. os they cut the price in half. my last payment was paid, but they still took money out of my account. I never recieved my free watch, i never recieved my free electronic organizer, and i never recieved my gas rebate and i only got 7 magazines through 3 months, when i should be getting 7 a month. I dont see how this is fair. You people who made posts defedning this company are messed up. they said this company does noting illegal or immoral. If you are not getting anything that your paying money for, how is that not illegal? i'm paying for magazines, i should be getting them. i was told i would get a FREE watch, rebate card, and electonic organzer, but nohin was ever sent. this company is a complete scam. My advice is to close your account. they will still have your number, so when they call, cuz you know the ass****'s will, record it and tell them your recording it and ask to be put on the do not call list. if they continue to call after telling them to put you on the do not call list, report them. another idea i had was to write a report and send it in to all your local news channels for the cosumer reports, so that way there name gets out. Keith allwood, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Aug 12 2005
N.M.E. - National Magazine Exchange ripoff Clearwater Florida
There is no Pat I called figuring it was a scam and I wanted to yell at them for sending me crap. When I got the thing in the mail it looked like a telegram almost and my heart stopped because I have been sending packages to a solider in Iraq and I thought maybe they were sending me a notice that she was killed. Then I open it up at it pissed me off. What a brat thing to do to a person Emily Stockton, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Nov 21 2003
National Magazine Exchange Strike It Rich Ripoff! Clearwater Florida
I received a sweepstakes entry notification from N.M.E and although it looked interesting, I researched it on the internet first. I found this web-site and read these stories claiming that N.M.E was a scam. Before I did this though, I took the paper to a faculty member at my college and he says Florida is a popular place for scam artists to organized their scams. I decided to call them and see for myself. When they asked for a credit card, I said I didn't have one; debit, I said no again. When in truth I did. I wanted to see what this company was about. After disclosing that I did not have a credit/debit card, they asked me to hold. Another operator picked up saying that I had a choice between a men or lady watch and that I could four magazines a week for 99 cents. The choices of magazines did not even fit my interests yet they were demanding that I pick two. Now doesn't that sound strange? I finally stated very clearly that I did not want any magazines at all. They asked me to hold again and I hung up. Don't waste your time with this scheming company. April Honolulu, HawaiiU.S.A.
Feb 28 2004
National Magazine Exchange Scam , ILLEGAL Clear Water Florida
I recieved a call on the 27th of feb and the lady said I was entered to win 50,000 dollars and I was going to recieve a free quartz watch in the mail I just had to choose the Female or Male watch. I said ok then she proceeded to tell me that I could recieve 3 magazines for FREE as a promotion,I again said ok. I also told her that I will not be paying for anything today. She said thats fine and then told me that she wanted me to talk to her supervisor and tell him about her performance over the phone because she is new. I said ok. About 5 minutes later the supervisor called me back and asked me about her politeness and skills and I said she did fine Blah blah blah. The supervisor then asked me what style watch I wanted and I told him the mens style. He then asked me about the FREE magazines and told me what kind I would get and then asked me if I wanted to complete the order. I unfortunatly said ok thinking he was talking about the watch and magazines and he said so we'll put this on your Visa. I said no, I'm not buying anything, and he goes well I already put the order through and we have you recorded saying you will pay so if we dont complete this call I will send this to collections and your credit will be ruined for 7-10 years! I never gave him my visa ,ssn, or anything and if this does go through to collections for some reason there will be a lawsuit. Meagan phx, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Jun 02 2004
NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE ripoff N.M.E. NORTH CLEARWATER, FL 33764 INTERNET
MY FATHER IS POLICEMAN, HE SAID TIRED OF NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE SWEEPSTAKES $1,000,000 BY PAT HAINES.. HE WILL CONTACT FLORIDA POLICE DEPT IN CLEARWATER AREA. AND THEY ARE GOING AGAINST FOR FALSE INFORMATION AND BREAK THE LAW.. AND FELONY FROM PEOPLE'S CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND TAKE MONEY AWAY FROM THEM.. I THOUGHT ITS WAS MAGAZINE AND ENTRY SWEEPSTAKES FROM NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE AT BUSINESS OUR COMPANY.. OH MY GODNESS ABOUT FALSE AND LIAR ABOUT SWEEPSTAKES AND TRY STOLE FROM PEOPLE'S MONEY.. I JUST RECEVIED LETTER WITH SWEEPSTAKES FROM PAT HAINE, LOOKING LIKE CALL 1-800-444-6247 I.D.# AND SINCERELY PAT HIANES SALE REPRESENTATIVE.. WE PAY MAGAZINE AND ENTRY SWEEPSTAKES MANY TIME SINCE 1995 UNTIL MY FATHER FIND OUT ABOUT NATIONAL MAGAZINES EXCAHNGE WERE SCAM AND LIAR EACH OTHER AND WANT MONEY FROM PEOPLE.. OWOW BIG PROBLEM!! I WANT PERSON SEND TO JAIL FOR FALSE INFORMATION AND FELONY FROM CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND ORDER MAGAZINE & ENTRY SWEEPSTAKES ARE NOT APPERICATE.. THANK YOU Dionna MUNCIE, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: MUNCIE, Indiana
Jan 02 2002
National Magazine Exchange Settlement. Oregonians sweepstakes offers with caution
Attorney General Hardy Myers today alerted Oregonians to the importance of treating telephone solicitations and sweepstakes offers with caution. In connection with this reminder, the Department of Justice announced a settlement agreement with Special Data Processing Corporation, a Florida-based company that does business as National Magazine Exchange. By signing an Assurance of Voluntary Compliance under Oregon's Unlawful Trade Practices Act, the company admits to no violation of the law. The company sent out mail pieces directing consumers to call a toll-free number about a sweepstakes. Once the call was made and the consumer was registered in the sweepstakes, a salesperson tried to sell magazine subscriptions and credit card protection. Investigators found that the company failed to provide adequate information to consumers regarding the goods and services it was trying to sell and, more importantly, the company was not registered as an Oregon telemarketer. The Department of Justice received over one hundred consumer complaints since 1997. It is critical that Oregonians exercise great caution in responding to sweepstakes offers, particularly when the offer is associated with a solicitation for goods or services. It is equally critical that those companies offering such goods or services provide adequate and meaningful information upon which consumers may make an educated decision, Myers said. The terms of the agreement require Special Data Processing Corp. to not operate as a telephonic seller in Oregon unless it registers as a telemarketer. The company also agreed that it would provide certain information to consumers when conducting telephone solicitations. The company also paid $25,000 to the Department of Justice Consumer Protection and Education Revolving Account and will provide refunds to consumers who request one and contact the Department of Justice, the Better Business Bureau, or the company itself.
Entity: Oregon
84, Report #32031
Oct 08 2002
National Magazine Exchange fraud, Anthony Valdone tricked and lied to us Clearwater Florida
i called this place to enter contest only.istead they subcribed me to magazines that i never asked for or heard .they did in a way that i never new they were even signing me up for anything. now they keep sending me a bill for 205.95.and i got a magazine today i assume is from them.i never ordered any magazines from them and dont want any either.i've never heard of this magazine i got in the mail today.i never signed up for anything.i dont want anything from them,i do not owe them anything.and i do not want this going against my credit.i will hire a lawyer if i have to and sue. jackson sarcoxie, Missouri
Aug 20 2002
National Magazine Exchange ripoff fraud business Clearwater Florida
I was surfung the internet and checking Bulk Mail. I am not sure if the message was in the Bulk Mail or if it came up as Important message...You are a winner...Click here!. Nevertheless, I answered to receive something free with a free subscription as a trial. On 2 August 2002, I received a past due notice of $205.92 with a $5.00 late charge. The last thing I need is another bad credit report. This is outrageous! I have sent the magazines back with Return To Sender and Cancel. I hope someone can clear this matter. Dr. D.J. Omaha, Nebraska
Sep 23 2002
National Magazine Exchange ripoff abused & mistreated consumer rip-off fraud corruption consumer Clearwater Florida
THIS COMPANY IS FAKE PLEASE JOIN THE CRUSADE AGAINST THEM. THEY WAY TO BURY THEM INTO THE GROUND IS TO CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANIES AND DISPUTE ALL CHARGES AND THEN CALL NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE AND TELL THEM THAT YOU JUST TOLD YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANIES TO DISPUTE ALL CHARGES FROM THEM BECAUSE YOU KNOW THEY ARE A FRAUDALENT COMPANY AND YOU AND EVERYONE OF THEIR SUBSCRIBERS ARE GOING TO BURY THEM INTO THE GROUND AND HANG UP THE PHONE. tHEN CALL YOUR LAWYER AND TELL THEM YOU WNAT TO SUE THEM. YOU WILL BE REIMBURSED BY nme FORCING THEM GO BELLY UP! jAMES DALLAS, Texas
Mar 10 2003
National Magazine Exchange ripoff business Clearwater Florida
I MEANT TO FIND THE NUMBER OF THE CO. FOUND THAT SOMEONE WHO WAS PUT A CLAIM IN. I WAS RECIEVING MY MAGAZINES WHICH COSMO AND A CHILDREN MAGAZINE. THEN SUDDENLY MY COSMO STOP COMMING AND ITS BEEN A SEVERAL MONTHS WITHOUT. Deoni las vegas, Nevada, NevadaU.S.A.
Mar 25 2003
National Magazine Exchange falsely represted phone surveys Philadelphia Internet
In summer of 2001 I received a call from someone claiming to be with the National Magazine Exchange, they were conducting a survey...or so I was told. They wanted to know what types of magazines we read or would enjoy as a family. Foolishly I gave them choices for myself- car magazines, parenting magazines for my wife and disney for the kids. I never agreed to order the magazines, I was not aware what so ever that I would be financially responsible for a subscription to all of the magazines indicated above. We began to receive the magazines around Jan of 2002 and I still was not aware of my financial responsibility for them. I never received a bill, or a letter from the company for my wife to contact them. I did think it was strange and should have sent the magazines back, but in busy times I did not. On March 20th I received a letter from Tate & Kirlin collection agency stating that I must pay at least 1/2 of the total owed 186.15= 93.08 by 3-31-03 or I would owe the total of 186.15 plus late charges extetra. Lance Salida, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
Apr 11 2003
National Magazine Exchange ripoff deceptive company Nationwide Internet
I am mad because I didn't want the damn magazines in the first place and told them so now I also have a bill from this collection agency that I do not want to pay Karen loveland, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
Jan 25 2010
national magazine exchange Unautherized charge to debut card and fialure to comply to a cancelation clearwater, Florida
When on the phone with the customer service agent i was told a price on the services rendering. Upon learning the price i stated that i wanted to cancel or at least have the items put on hold. During this time the agent was highly persistent. I then had an important call come in on my other line. Which also he was not compliant in due to my call was missed once i clicked over. I then proceed to check my account to see if I was charged. Only to see that i was and without any invoice information and i did not give final conformation. Also when i tried to make contact i was lied to y one of the clerks gave a number and the time of opening and closing which i found to be untruthful as to the hours.
Entity: clearwater, Florida
May 10 2010
N.M.E. - NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE phony sweepstakes clearwater, Florida
I received an 'Official Prize Listing' - notice it's a 'listing', not a notification.  I figured it was a scam, but called just to see what it was.  I was asked to decide if I want a lump sum of $1.1M or a yearly payment of $36,000+ per year. I was then told that I would be sent 2 watches with a diamond at the top of each face.  Then came the magazine sales pitch.  I was asked what kind of magazines I like, but I said I don't read magazines.  This precipitated a verbal list of every magazine imaginable, as if hearing the names would make me order a subscription to 3 of them.  I said that I don't read magazines.  The man on the line then said I'm gonna get my supervisor on the line and I said, no you won't and hung up. What bothers me is that he had my address and phone number. I realize he probably had caller ID, but my phone number isn't listed, so how did he get my address? Anyway, it's a big scam and not a very imaginative one.
Entity: clearwater, Florida
Feb 01 2009
National Magazine Exchange - Agora Marketing Solutions, Inc. Clearwater Pirates Clearwater Florida
I, too, received a Strike It Rich VI Sweepstakes offer for $2,100,000.00 to be paid either in 30 annual installments of $70,000.00 or a lump sum payment of $1,100,000.00. It has become my habit to check the internet for frauds before responding to anything. I now see from other reports that this is likely another Clearwater, Florida scam. I have had three bank accounts closed because businesses in Clearwater have taken my account information and made charges to my accounts. Clearwater is America's Nigeria when it comes to scamming people out of money. No matter what you do, you cannot get assistance to stop them. They get your information and use it and then move to another address. I feel that the FBI should investigate the entire business community of Clearwater before they harm any more people. If I searched through my files I could probably find some of the places that frauded me out and warn you about them. This has been going on for about five years with Clearwater frauds. One of them billed my account $33 a month for non-use of my account. Whenever I went to their website, which was the only way you could place an order with them, I couldn't get beyond their home page. My bank actually alerted me to this fraud and then, once I stopped depositing money, allowed these people to try to get money from my account and wound up billing me hundreds of dollars in nonsufficient funds at $27 a pop! For me it was one fraud feeding another! Please beware of any offers coming out of Clearwater, Florida if you don't want to keep changing banks. Sdfrenchie San Diego, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jul 11 2011
National Magazine Exchange Strike It Rich VII Scam Largo, Florida
I keep getting this mailing from them and i never even entered ant contests. I have been getting these for over 9 months and have told them to stop sending them. only thing that happens is i get a different sweepstakes through them.
Entity: Largo, Florida
Jun 22 2011
national magazine exchange tried to charge my debit card fairview, Oregon
This would be the third time that national magazine exchange had sent me a letter to enter their sweepstake.  The first time i entered their sweepstake they said i would only have to pay like $6.00 a month and then the following month they tried to triple the payment and that's when i stopped making payments. I just received the third letter asking me to enter their sweepstake but this time they actually tried to charge my visa debit card.  i got lucky because i have a prepaid visa debit card and their was no money on the card.  So i called my organization to report my card stolen so they would not try to charge me again.  They say you are supposed to get a free pair of man n women's watch's that's not true  either and this recent time also offered a personal organizer.  If you ever get one of these letters don't fall for the magazine subscriptions and hang up after they start talking about the watch's and magazines.  thank you
Entity: fairview, Oregon
Dec 24 2012
national magazine exchange conned me into a contest and their magazines Internet
I got a letter in the mail stating that i owe $67.08 for their magazines, i can't afford them right now. this is the second time i got into it with them. i called the BBB to report them and they got my money the first time and i only got two magazines for it. I did not see any others after the first one. I have both of my receipts and they took over 100 dollars the first time. I am not paying them again and not getting anything in return. I learned my lesson from the first time. I would really like it if they would just leave me alone and quit contacting me period.
Entity: , Internet
Nov 02 2008
NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE DON'T BE FOOLED BAIT 'N SWITCH SCAM CLEARWATER Florida
Got their letter, marked Second Notice. Yeah, right, I open all my mail and there wasn't a First Notice so I was suspicious to begin with. Being a retired Navy man, I decided to check out first. I read all the responses about their phone number and knew I was right to look this GIFT HORSE in the mouth. I never called, so they didn't get a chance to rip me off. I have the paperwork from this slime, so any law enforcement arm that wants to SCAM the SCAMMERS, let me know. In my case, it could be old age descrimination. Remember folks, if it looks too good to be true, it isn't. Alf-13 Lyman, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: CLEARWATER, Florida
Nov 09 2008
National Magazine Exchange - E. Scanlon Official Prize Listing Clearwater Florida
On Nov.8, 2008, I received a 3 part form through the U.S. postal mail system dated November 3, 2008. The envelope it arrived in was 3 3/4 tall by 7 1/4 inches wide. It used a postage stamp code system instead of an actual $.39 U.S. stamp. Under the stamp code was one, wide bar code and a underline that was spaced like _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and 5 narrow bar code boxes with 1 space and 5 more bar code boses just like the first 5. Below that was a note in all capital letters. I will use (all caps) after each section that has all words capitalized. Your Reply is needed by:(all caps), a hole where you could read through to the date of November 27, 2008, from the letter aligned just right to see through the hole. Deadlines are enforced (all caps) was written below the hole. On the left, top side of outer envelope was a box just shy of 1 inch in heigth and 4 3/4 inches wide with 5 tiny sentences, in navy blue ink, titled Notice to All Entraints (all caps), which read...Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (all italics) (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, hometown, likeness, prize won and comments about winning for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (in any and all media including online) without additional compensation. A prize is not transferable or assignable except to a surviving spouse. {I noticed these were the first periods used at the end of their sentences so far}. Below that box was stamped Second Notice from a red ink pad in all capital letters. Inside the envelope was the 3 part form which had the words Official Prize Listing (all caps) as the first top line. It stated the Prive Level, Prize Value, Respond By and Prize Status and headings (all caps). They are Grand Prize (all caps), $45,000.00, Paid in Lump Sum (all caps), November 27, 2008 and Unawarded (all caps). The next line stated Prize to be awarded on 12/31/2008 (all caps). Bar code, name, address, city, state and 9 digit zip code. To the right, Deadline: (all caps) November 27, 2008 again. Written sideways on part 2 of the form. It was from National Magazine Exchange and on the top of page 1 all caps, stated official prize listing. It resembled a bill, with the words in all capital letters official notice retain for your records. This form had a navy blue box with ID # and a 9 digit number inside the box on part 1. On part 2, it had the same box and ID#, but to the left were the words, in all capital letters, registered prize and under that entry number, with the same ID#. They say they have been trying to reach me regarding my $45,000.00 price entry I.D.#123456789 (not the real number, but it is 9 digits long, no spaces. It states my reply is needed by November 27, 2008 to be eligible for prize offerings. It states if my prize entry is selected the winning number in a random drawing I will receive $45,000.00. I am to call 1-800-235-6263 to activate my prize ID# 123456789 (same # listed again) by November 27, 2008. On part 3, last part, is just Sincerely, and E. Scanlon is typed. then there is a signature, which appears to be real, in black ink. And finally, that same Bar Code, as described in detail from the envelope is repeated. The third of the last 3 line states, There is no purchase required to enter or win and a purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Line 2, is at the far right of the form and has EN2024T (all caps) and under this, KIT-05 00005768. Angel **** Ontario, OntarioCanada
Oct 17 2008
National Magazine Exchange lawers calling to collect on magazines I never ordered Clearwater Florida
I received a phone call from an attorney representing NME stating that i owed $154.44 for a magazine subscription that i never ordered. They had all my information. I explained that I had been out of work for months and the last thing I would do is create a bill I couldn't possibly pay for. In addition I had never received any magazines from their company. They then tried to make payment arrangements that I told them I would not and could not pay. I was then informed that they would have to send the account upstairs for collection. I'm not sure how they got my personal information, and they wouldn't divulge. I hope to get some information on how to deal with this situation. Michelle kalispell, MontanaU.S.A.
Feb 14 2009
Periodicals - National Magazine Exchange Muddy Magazines Lulu montana
Periodicals phoned me to solicit magazines. When I asked for a price they skirted around it and tried to confuse me with different options. They assured me that by giving them a credit card they would only charge me after they gave me a confirmation with pricing by mail. That was not the case.,,,Periodicals charged my account a month's payment and the mailed confirmation was doubled the quoted amount. I immediately tried to reach them on the website, however, they have no web address. I phoned them and left a message. My account was charged and I canceled my card. Beware of these smooth talking scams. Fortunately, I caught this before this became a financial disaster. K Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Lulu, Montana
Aug 13 2012
National Magazine Exchange Way too Much Pressure** Largo, Florida
I received a Sweepstakes letter in the mail from the National Magazine Exchange, so I called.  They were gong to send me 2 watches for free and 2 magazine subscriptions for $1.29 a week.  So the rep transferred me to her manager and she PRESSURED me into giving the expiration date of my credit card.  I refused about 5 times until she tranferred me to her manager to pay check by phone, so I hung up.  Do not give any of your information over the phone.  Almost got scammed!!!
Entity: Largo, Florida