NETSPEND Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Netspend

There may be more reports for "Netspend"

For more results perform a general search for "Netspend"

Showing 76-100 of 514 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Netspend"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Oct 28 2013
Netspend Savings acct was ripped off!!!!!!! austin Texas
on sept 28 someone tranferred 120.00 from my savings acct to my checking and changed my pin number. after investigating and seeing that it had not been done from my computer and i didnt authorize this transaction, no one had access to my card, and it said atm withdrawl but the withdrawl amount was for 113.14 {which is impossible to withdraw such an amount from an atm} and the rest were international atm fees, i smelled scam. now i have done and taken every action that has been asked of me, but i still cant get a simple answer as to the address where this establishment where the transactions were made. im hoping that netspend doesnt screw me! I have been a loyal customer for many years and i would be very disappointed to just be taken advantage of by them. im afraid of my direct deposit being posted now, and i feel violated and vulnerable. how could someone access my savings account. it makes no sense. i will update this seeingh as im still going thruough their investigation process. but i propose a class action suit if for nothing else, forcing them to protect our money and personal information. btw they claim i couldve been hacked by a portable device that they are aware of. beware fellow card holders .2013-10-28 09:28:49 Furious, nyc.
Entity: austin, Texas
Oct 25 2013
netspend corporation  its very upseting. austin Texas
This company allowed me to get my tax refund direct deposit, and it got deposited,my husbands name was on the tax return as well as mine i asked if that was possible. Instead netspend decide to supposedly send it back to IRS just because my husbands name was not on the prepaid card and its been six months and i still have not received my refund,the netspend company said they issued a check back to the Irs in the amount of 6,000 thats a big amount. they closed my account and i was never informed about it. I honestly dont recommend them too anyone,i asked if they can reopen my account or issue me and my husband a check for the remaining of the balance, so they say it has to go back to the irs and its just not very proffesional of them.
Entity: austin, Texas
78, Report #1198004
Dec 28 2014
netspend $150 as gift on card that they won't activate texas Nationwide
I put 150 dollers on there card for my son and he can never use it. I called them nine times to complain and every call costed 50 cents. They keep tellin me that they Email the pin but i never get it . When you call them on it the give you a run around. I have lost 150 dollers to these crooks. Don't ever do bussiness with these people. My next complaint is to the fed agencys.
Apr 22 2014
Netspend Won't give me money back from a dispute! Internet
Netspend notified me of suspicious activity in which I did not make I tried disputing it and they gave me the run around saying I needed to send an email of all the information I wanted to dispute even though they knew all of it when I spoke to them over the phone. Now saying it'll take up to two months to get my money back if I even can!
Mar 31 2014
Netspend HOLDING MY TAX REFUND OVER 30 Days NOW Austin Texas
 I had my tax return deposited on to my Netspend card. Once the funds were loaded on the card I received an email from Netspend on February 24th requiring that I send them documentation to prove my identity no later than February 26, 2014, otherwise my deposits would be returned to sender. I felt that was odd of them to request that information AFTER issuing the card so I declined and told them to go ahead and return my funds to the IRS, and the IRS would issue me a check. Netspend informed me that it would take 6 days for the IRS to receive the refund. After calling Netspend several times a day after the 6 days expired. Now they're saying it takes 20 days..Well To date which is March 31, 2014. I still haven't received a check nor has the money been returned to the IRS. I believe they are collecting interest off of customer money and holding the money long enough to do so. I'm wondering if I should just call the IRS and report my money lost or stolen.
Oct 07 2014
Netspend Metabank Fraudulent, preditory, poor information policies Austin Tx
I have no real idea if this properly fits in these catagories. But with the choices given I believe they fit. This company sent an unsolicited card to my 6 year old! I do not give out my kids' info to just anyone. The only places that I've given it to is their school during registration, their insurance during application and on my taxes. I don't know how they would not only get my six year old's name but his address as well. Their information practices are poor and whem I call to ask them why they would send my six year old a card with an assigned account number it gives me two choices to enter his social (which I am not going to do) or to activate the card! Obviously they have a lot of complaints and that is why they don't want you to talk to customer service otherwise. Their poor practices have me worried now that I need to find a way to afford Lifelock for my little ones to protect their future!
82, Report #1208925
Feb 13 2015
Netspend closed acct without telling me, and lost about $8000. Nationwide
I had an account with netspend. they closed my acct without telling me and lost around $8000. they will not give any information about it, or what happened. all they would tell me is acct was closed, and money, they dont know. Money was from a lawsuit with VA Hospital. I needed card to recieve the settlement. I sighned up, and a couple months later, they closed acct and I lost all money in it. I'm a disabled veteran that truly needs that money back. Vinnie Chicago Ill
83, Report #1219176
Mar 30 2015
NetSpend File with the Better Business Bureau Austin Texas
File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau  and the Dept of Consumer Affairs. The more complaints the lower the ratings. They currently have 2684 complaints. Don't let this business continue to thrive. File a complaint with Turbo tax their reputation reflects from NetSpend. This company has received all my documents and still will not release my funds from a cancelled transaction.
Entity: Austin , Texas
May 30 2014
Netspend Intentional delay of deposit/witholding funds Austin Texas
 Two weeks ago, I purchased a Netspend Reload pack from a Walgreens here in San Francisco. As my receipt shows, I paid $503.95 ($3.95 fee, $500.00 to be added to the card). An hour later, I attempted to activate the card. The Netspend website wouldn't recognize the reload card number. I waited another hour with the same results. I went back to the Walgreens, spoke to the manager who called Netspend, and waited for them to clear up the situation. What the Walgreens manager and the Netspend representative concluded was that the money got lost In the transaction due to a system error, which apparently happens fairly often. I was told I would have to make a copy of my receipt, my reload card, and fax them along with a signed letter of explanation to documents@netspend.com, where the nice people at Netspend would take their time (2 or more weeks) to review the incident and hopefully credit my money to my account. It's now been 15 days, and I haven't heard anything from the documents department, though I've called the customer service department many times. I've sent the packet of requested documents 3 times. I've never encountered this level of incompetence at a major corporation before. Do they really think it's acceptable to steal my money for 2 weeks (and now they're telling me it will be another 2 weeks)? This incident has caused me to fall behind on a couple of my bills and has been a major inconvenience. I think it's disgusting that a company this size will use every possible means to keep people from getting to their money. They need to be held accountable for their actions.
May 29 2014
NetSpend Total Scam, Fraud, Stealing Consumers Money!!!!!!! Austin Texas
Stay clear from using NetSpend Debit Cards whatever you do!!! When you try to go and get one, they ask you for your Social Security number and get your Drivers License and then charge you $4.95 to purchase the debit card!BUT WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU IS THAT YOU HAVE TO CALL THE 1-800 # IMMEDIATELY TO ACTIVATE THE CARD AND GO THROUGH THE WHOLE PROCESS AGAIN AND GIVE THEM YOUR SOCIAL, PHONE NUMBER, ADDRESS, AND DATE OF BIRTH!!!!!After 10 minutes on the phone giving all this information again with the customer service rep, she told me that the card was activated!!!!!I went 30 minutes later to try to use the card and it was declined. I called customer service and told them what had happened!!!THEN THE FRAUD HAPPENED!!! THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP TOLD ME THAT BEFORE THEY CAN ACTIVATE MY CARD COMPLETELY, I WOULD HAVE TP EMAIL OR FAX IN A COPY OF MY SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, A UTILITY BILL, AND A COPY OF MY DRIVERS LICENSE!!WTF!!! ALL THIS FOR A NO CREDIT RELOADABLE DEBIT CARD!!!!!!THEY DON'T TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT THIS WHEN YOU PURCHASE THE CARD TO SUCKER YOU IN AND MAKE THE $4.95 service fee off of you and stick it to you!!!Then the lady I was talking to was very rude so I asked to speak to her supervisor and she told me to hold on, another LIE!!! She gets back on the phone and asks me if I could hold on for another 30 minutes to speak to her supervisor and I said no, just give me the name of her supervisor and she hesitated and didn't have a name!!!!TOTAL LIES AND FRAUD!!!!!Then I said to just give me money back and they said that I would have to purchase something and then put a pin number to get the cash back!!!!ANOTHER BULLS*** SCAM BECAUSE THEY CHARGE ME $2.00 FOR THE PURCHASE AND $3.00 FOR THE CASHBACK!!!THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED BY THE FBI, TEXAS ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR FRAUD AND THEFT BY DECEPTION BY HUSTLING PEOPLE INTO BUYING THEY'RE DEBIT CARDS FOR $4.95 AND NOT OFFICIALLY ACTIVATING THE DEBIT CARD WITH DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES AND THEN CHARGING YOU ANOTHER $5.00 TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!!!!They are making at least $10.00 each person with these scam practices!!!!With a million customers you do the math!!!!!NETSPEND IS A SCAM AND PONZI SCHEME!!!!!
Mar 07 2014
netspend Stole my tax refund Austin Texas
I filed my taxes online and was given the option of using a credit card to receive my refund on.  (No option for mailing a check was available as I normally do.) The credit card netSpend arrived but only had a very small amount of money on it. The IRS accepted my return and it was 5 times what netspend said I had. The customer service would not disclose a name other than AJ.  and when I called back the person answering the phone kept pretending she could not hear me when I told her about my complaint.When I asked to speak to a supervisor they told me they would not allow me and hung up the phone on me.Need help finding out how to get the money they stole from my tax refund.  When I check the status of my money it says it is going to my bank. However, I never supplied my bank account number so I know this is a fraud.  Please help....
Mar 19 2014
Netspend Fraud, Stealing Money Austin Texas
This company is a fake. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR INFORMATION. My boss gave out cards thinking they were gift cards, but they are definitely not! They'll give you an impossible time trying to do anything with the account, and if you call, you'll get a bunch of robotic morons. I REPEAT: DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THE CARD, RETURN IT! I was sadly mistaken and gave them my information, now I have a -$1.50 balance and they won't close the account...and it costs $3.25 to reload it! Why would anyone even use it to begin with? It's a total scam.If you made the same mistake that I did, make sure you call 1-855-284-2718 for Law Enforcement Related Inquiries (you'll probably get someone who actually speaks English well) and then you need to ask for that person's supervisor. If there's a negative balance on the card, all they can do is block it and after 180 days it will close itself. Whew. I guess that's over with, but don't make the mistake I did!
May 08 2014
NetSpend phone call don't know, don't know
 Via a phone call they told me that my debit card has been suspended. I called my credit untion to verify and it was not true. I call that fradulent business tactics.
Entity: Select State/Province
Aug 01 2014
Netspend Ace Elite wait 20 days for my money texas
June 14 I noticed I had fraudulent charges on my ace elite card from California. I immediately called netspend and filed a dispute.  The mam on the phone told me it world be 10 days for them to process the dispute and if it was approved the money would be credited to my account.    9 business days later I get a message on my  phone saying please contact netspend before using your card there may be an issue with your account. I contact netspend and they tell me my account had been closed and the dispute was approved the money had been credited to my account.   By this time it's the beginning of the month all my money is on the card and I have no access to it.  And my paycheck had just been deposited. I had that card since 2008 and never had an issue.   I ask when am I going to get my money they tell me 20 business days. Wth how can I wait 20 business days and live with no money. I had thousands on that card.  And so many things to do. Schools starting, bills due ,kids in sports  my daughter's birthday I was headed out of town yesterday and I have no money.  Today is the 2nd business day I will keep everyone posted. Why am I being punished for something somebody else did.
Sep 05 2014
NetSpend Refuse to return $403.77 dollars from Nordsstrom Texas NationwideTexas
 I purschaed 2 braclets with cash from Nordstrom Department store for total $ 313.51 in cash  before my vacation on September 28, 2014 to Houston Texas. I lost my recepit. I took the braclets back to Nordstrom in Texas on 8/29/14 and the sales rep allowed me to exchange the braclets with full vaule. I exchanged the 2 braclets for 2 diffrent one with a money diffrence of $90.26 . I purchased with my Netspend debit card. The grand total was $403.77.  I return the braclets back to Nordstrom on 8/30/14 because the braclets  kept snagging my shirt. The sales rep told me she did'nt have the $403.77 in her register, but she can return the funds back onto my Netspend debit card ending in 9080. I agreed for the to place the refund onto my Netspend card ending in 9080. @ days later my netspend debtcard was frozen I was unable to purshase anything form my bebt card. I ahd already ahd funds on my debtcard. I called Netspend on 9/2/14 with complaints wondering what was wrong with my debtcard. I was told that I purchased 2 braclets that wasn't originally purchased from my debitcard. I was toldly lost. Netspend representative told me I need to send proof , copies of the recepits for the transactions. Nordstrom had already palce the refund into my account. Netspend is holding my return funds. I sent a copy of the first recipt of my return on 8/29/14 to Netyspend Refrence number 9549028170. I was told it would take 24 hours before they get the receipt, and my account would be unfrozen. I called 9/2/14 status if they received the receipt dating 8/29/14. Coustomer services reports they received it but I would need my original receipt. I explained to them I lost my original receipt, but I added $90.26 from my debit card endeing in 9080. Netspend then told me I needed to send the second receipt and wait another 24 hrs. By then while my account was frozen my At&T was shut off, I have no gas. I refaxed the first receipt along with the second recepit on 9/4/14. I was told to wait another 24 hrs for the new document of receipts. I called again 9/5/14 and spoke to a Phil in their CS dept. He reports he's needs the original recepit before they return my funds. He then un froze my account I am now able to have acssess to my $416.00. My refund for $403.77  is still on hold . I want my refund money back . I was then told that Netspend will not return anything back to a customer on their debit card if they did'nt purchase it from that card. I told him how does a average customer suppose to know that. I demand that they return my money back to me. Please help   Latanya Brooks 317-760-6551
Jul 05 2015
NetSpend Holding my money hostage - ponzi scheme Austin Texas Nationwide
 NetSpend is requiring me to provide all sorts of identity information. I have provided copies of my social security card, a copy of my US passport (which is illegal) and two pieces of mail with my address on it. I am homeless and need to use a shelter address for my mail to be sent to. NetSpend won't accept this, but I don't have any other options. Their customer service line doesn't reach a human. I am unable to make changes online. I was the one who put money on the card and bought the card. This was months ago and I am still unable to access my money. DO NOT USE NETSPEND. DO NOT BUY ONE OF THEIR DEBIT CARDS. USE Amex or a Paypal debit card. Anything other than NetSpend. Oh yeah. They are using the CEO/Presidents name to address concerns via email on their contact us page. There is no way the CEO is answering customer complaints on it. I would bet you money on it, but all of my money is being held hostage by NetSpends ponzi scheme. Thank you. Randall F
Sep 06 2015
NETSPEND PREPAID CARDS holding your moneyn forever Texas
Netspend takes your money and it takes forever to give it back to you. whenever you call they tell you in six hours it will be resolved but it will take months. Last year I was to bid and the auction requested me to put down 20% of what I was buying, I gave them about $5,000. After the auction I could not buy anything and the aution returned my money immediately back to netspend card, it took me 27 days to get my money back from Netspend after calling about ten times a day. In January a refund was sent to my account at netspend of $371.00, up till today I could not get my money after faxing everything they requested. I wish the company does not exist any longer
Entity: Texas
Aug 16 2015
May 02 2017
Netspend Price and Fee gougers Lv Nationwidenv
 Netspend charges an additional 2.50$ for every atm withdrawal in addition to the standard atm fee...and 50 cents per inquiry al the while charging a monthly service fee for using their card...rip off ain't the word high way credit card fraud
May 14 2017
NetSpend Also known as control card Stole my money Nationwide
 On multiple occasions I've been doubled charged for certain transactions every time I bring this up to NetSpend they randomly on in to account and add random charges that where not there before I report the charge. Also on many occasions merchants refunded the most net and NetSpend lied about putting funds back onto the card And never put the money on to card they keep saying I have pending transactions that I should be able to see on my online account that is incorrect also NetSpend makes claims that my account was negative but never was then after phone calls there is a negative balance placed onto the account. Everytime I putt more money onto the card NetSpend charges me for something that isn't showing up on the account. I've done everything I could got replacement cards on different occasions and the same thing keeps happening please help if you can't help please point me into the right direction I'm located in Florida and I'm having a had time
Jun 15 2017
NetSpend Giftcard/prepaid card RIPOFF to Consumers Internet
What ever you do, do not purchase NetSpend.  I wouldn't trust this company for one second.  I was given a gift card in January of this year for $50.  I did not open the Sealed Envelope  until June 14th.  They confirmed on the phone that the amount was $50...Which is my first complaint.  In order to use the card, you have to register (email address, phone numbers, social security number, etc).  Since I wasn't going to give this information out, i called.   After being told that the card was a $50 value, i proceeded to use it today.  When I used it, it had only $37.10 balance on it.  They billed the card for two prior months what the call Maintenance.  I called customer service to complain (more time on the phone) and they explain that i had to read the Terms & Conditions.  Please explain to any consumer buying this how they can read the Terms and Conditions without opening the Sealed envelope BEFORE purchasing the gift card.   Customer Service would not forward my phone call to complain to a manager.  Please share this Rip Off Company.
Jul 12 2007
NetSpend 26 Employees waiting on Paychecks Netspend has money will not post to their accounts Ripoff Internet
We are a business that has over 30 employees. We use direct for most of them. We have 26 employees that wanted a debit card type of direct deposit. We had been contact previously to use NetSpend for our payroll direct deposit. We started using them. Our bank did a push to MetaBank (NetSpends Deposit Bank) with ACH direct deposit transfers to our employees NetSpend Accounts. NetSpend states that the paychecks will appear in the employee's account the same day the ACH transfers are received. Before noon on most cases. Payday came and went and no posting to our employees accounts. We verified with our bank and received a fax of the ACH transfers to MetaBank. We contacted MetaBank and they informed us that it had been transferred to Netspend. Understand this is after several hours of calls to NetSpend, Metabank and only one 3 minute call to our bank. Speaking with a real person who speaks english and is not rude at NetSpend is impossible. So what has happened? NetSpend has our employee's money. MetaBank is on the record that they received the ACH transfers. Our bank has given us documented proof that MetaBank received them. We have had to pay our employees their paychecks again in person and we paid their overdraft fees etc to cover them not getting their paychecks. So what does NetSpend say? 1) They did not receive the ACH transfers; then they did, then they didn't again. 2) That just because it says on their website and all their documentation that direct deposits are posted to the account the same day before noon it does not mean exactly that. It means that MetaBank can receive it but it will not post until NetSpend receives it from Metabank. 3) To call back the next day, to check later in the day, hung up on with the pretense of on hold 19 times. This amounts to over $44,000 in payroll being held by NetSpend.If you are a business please do not use NetSpend for any reason what so ever. DO NOT do direct deposit with your employees paychecks. We are still waiting for them to do anything or respond in anyway. **We have hired an Attorney to handle this matter. Neil Los Angeles, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Sep 06 2007
NetSpend The WORST customer service in the free world. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH NetSpend! Austin Texas
I am not accustom to writing bad review about anyone. It has always been my practice to mind my own business and not waste my time. However after the way I was treated after talking with NetSpend, I was COMPELLED to write my first review of a company in hopes that I can help someone else avoid making a horrible mistake. I have owned several companies and have had my fair share of run-ins with companies with bad customer service departments. Netspend puts them ALL to shame After depositing several hundred dollars at a local grocery store to be deposited directly to my NetSpend Debit card. The first $500 went smoothly but the second transaction (for $300) was NOT credited to my account. No problem, I thought. Things happen. I will call Netspend Customer service and just work it out. Bottom line: Very few people spoke English well enough for me to understand. I was transferred 9 times and hung up on 4 times in a row. After an hour and a half, I finally got in touch with a manager that told me that the second deposit did not go through because the grocery store had a maximum $500 per day rule. Needless to say that this is not posted or advertised ANYWHERE at the grocery store OR anywhere within the NetSpend website or advertisements. The grocery store knew nothing about this limit. They said that they hated NetSpend and heard nothing but complaints. The Manager was kind enough to refund my $8.50 sign up fee (for my trouble), and she herself was very helpful. This does not in any way excuse the behavior of the other customer service representatives. One rep went as far as to agree with me that NetSpend was in business of ripping customers off. He probably just wanted to get me off the phone, and didnt really mean what he said, but is inexcusable to say the least. I had 6 different debit cards (for employees). I have cancelled them all. It is the worst company I have EVER dealt with in my 20 years as a successful business owner. Fedup denver, ColoradoU.S.A.
Jul 08 2008
Netspend Corp netspend adding money to your card and not getting the full ammount Internet
i added money to my netspend card 50.00 dollars got home went to the netspend website and tracked my spending i just added 50.00 dollars but it said in the transaction history 49.00 a transaction fee of a dollar on top of the 53.95 i had to pay to put money on the card i made no purchase just added money to the card.i called netspend they said it was a dollar transaction fee but i made no purchase the custmor service person barley spoke english then got upset when i asked for someone that spoke english everytime i put money on my card i never got the full ammount it was always a dollar short netspend wold not give me a refund and still says it's because of purchases i made wich is bull shit so what i did i used all the money on my card and never reloaded if you add money to your netspend card check your transaction history everytime you load the card or buy someting netspend will get you if you dont watch it! also the refer a friend and get 5 bucks it's never been that easy for me i had to fight with custmor service to get credit for every person i refered i refered all of my friends there has to be something done about netspend someone file a lawsuit and lets all rejoice in all the money that they owe us! Chance springfield, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Internet, Nationwide
Feb 10 2012
Netspend Netspend has lousy customer service and could care less about their customers Internet
I have been with netspend for 4 years, up until this past Dec I have had not real problems. How ever this past Dec I had to dispute a charge on my debit card (had to this this once before no problems), it took them 21 days to even look at the dispute form I filed online. On Jan 5th 2012 they emailed to tell me they had finally contacted the merchant. On Jan 9 the merchant reversed the charge and sent netspend back the disputed amount. Now the fun begins, I was never given a provisional credit,AND netspend says I have to wait the full 3 months (the length of time they give a dispute) BEFORE they will return my money! I also used their cashback rewards program, and didnt get my credit. I contacted them and they said I would get it by the end of Feb when it should have been end of Jan. They are rude and nasty and charge you everytime you call. So I just posted my complaint on their facebook page. Funny they emailed me within 20 minutes about the post but not about giving me my money. Time to go to a new bank.
Entity: , Internet