PALMETTO MARKETING Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Palmetto Marketing

There may be more reports for "Palmetto Marketing"

For more results perform a general search for "Palmetto Marketing"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

1, Report #21983
Jun 02 2002
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Pompano Florida
My husband and I were approached my a young man at our home. He asked us to help him get something (I don't quit remember) by subscribing for some magazines. He said I would receive them in 4-6 weeks. I wrote him a check for $58.00 on March 7,2002 and now it is almost 3 months latter and no magazines have arrived but I did receive the return check where they had cashed it at Admiralty Bank in Boca Raton FL. Tracy edgewood, Maryland
Entity: Pompano, Florida
Oct 10 2002
Palmetto Marketing ripoff liars victimized us Oceanside Florida
A young girl came to my house and sold me a subscription to further her collage career. little did i know i got scammed. sal oceanside, New York
Entity: Palmetto, Florida
Sep 26 2002
Palmetto Marketing Inc ripoff deceptive company Palmetto Springs Florida
I never recieved the magazines this so called company was selling. I do not believe that these poor students or who ever they are will ever receive their trips and I want my money back. Heather Missoula, Montana
Entity: Palmetto Springs, Florida
Sep 29 2003
Palmetto Marketing Deceptive marketing lying stealing Clarksville TN
I was woken up on a Friday morning by a knock on the door. A man, no more than 25 years old explained that he was trying to get votes for a trip to Cancun. I told him that I didn't want to buy any magazines. He assured me that I wouldn't have to buy a thing. I stepped outside and he started telling me how he had to go around and get people to vote for him. He pulled out a laminated sheet of paper and handed it to me. He laughed and said, I lied, you do have to buy magazines. I thought I was going to get paid more than I did this month, so I ordered a subscription to Cosmopolitan Magazine for $60 plus $10 that he didn't mention until the very end. He hands me the two tickets that he wrote up the order on, tells me that there is a number on the bottom of the ticket to call if I wish to cancel my order, and assures me that they will not cash the check for AT LEAST two weeks. Later that day, I picked up my check and realized that I had barely gotten paid enough to cover the magazine, much less food and toilet paper for two weeks. I scoured the ticket for a number to call, but no such luck. On the back there are instructions for cancelation by mail and the name of the company. I called 411 to get the number for the company. There was a very rude woman on the phone who told me that it was IMPOSSIBLE to cancel the order by phone and I would have to mail it or fax it in. The next day, after depositing my paycheck, I went to the ATM and discovered that my check to Palmetto Marketing had already gone through and bounced. I was left with -99.70 in my account. Meg Clarksville, TennesseeU.S.A.
Jun 23 2005
Palmetto Marketing, ripoff Coral Springs Florida
On May 6, 2005 A young girl came to my door. I was spending time with my son after work. First thing the girl said is who she was, what she wanted. Then she asked if i was going to touch her or kidnap her. I said why would I do that. Then I got no answer. The girl asked if i wanted to help her, buy buying magazines. Then said this contest is to help win her a trip. I said i dont have the money right now. Then my son came to the door also. She saw him , then She replied - this would be good to get for kids, showed me the flier she had. I said That I wont have the money for at least 2 1/2 weeks. The girl said ok no problem. So when I wrote the check out she said i would get 24 issues for $48. That would be 1 issue per month for 2 years. Today is june 23, 2005. Still dont see any magazines. On my recipt says i will get 16 issues with in 2 years period. I called PMI today. They were so rude. they said they cant controll what sellers do, They said they dont take checks that are post marked. Well I made my check out for 5-21-05, the girl took it, it cleared the bank 2 days after that day. The supervisor was even rude and said they are not refunding the money, and i only get 6 issues per year , starting somewhere near 120 days. I said that is false advertisement. They said dont know what to tell you, you had 3 days to cancel. I think people are not getting the magazines, that money we give, just goes to pay for the trip she is taking. I said when i pay for something, i want it now or within 4-6 weeks. Not 3-4 months when you orget about even ordering. This was for my 2 yr old son. The sellers name is S. Marquez. She said she is from Cleveland, OH.- Anyone have Ideas? Nathan Uhrichsville, OhioU.S.A.
Nov 25 2002
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
i was contacted by a child selling magizines too i recieved a mag called home beautiful when what i really ordered was hot bike i called the maker of the mag and they told me the phone number to palmetto marketing and i thought id post it and meybe offer some help josh mesa, Arizona
Entity: coral springs, Florida
Mar 11 2004
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
On Nov04,2003 my wife and I ordered two magazines from this kid. In all it was $78.00 dollars,when the kid came to the door he said that my neighbor had gotten two magizines and sent him over to my house. So in mid February I went to my neighbor's and ask him if he had received his magazines! He told me that he did not order any, not only being ripped off but lied too. So on March 11,2004 my wife & I looked on the web and we was shock to see all these people that has been ripped off. Now that I have the address and phone number I am going to call in the morning but what I have read from other complaints that is all that is happening! I think it is time to take a stand and do something about these crooks and to put these con artist in jail where they belong. Because what they are doing is fraud & false advertisement,and also common law robbery cause they are coming into our homes and taking money from people that they solicate knowing that we are not going to receive what we haved ordered. And if your like us we don't have the money to be throwing away, all we was trying do is help this kid get all the orders he could to help him win the trip to Cancun. but if the truth be known them kids propably did not win the trip either,all we know the owner of palmetto marketing is sitting on the beach drinking little umbrella drinks and getting a sun tan on our money so if you would like to help me try to get our money back, let's take a stand for whats ours. Thanks! Rodney Graham, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Sep 24 2004
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
The doorbell rang tonight after dark. Upon opening the door, I was surprised to find a young man whom I did not know. He immediately went into his spiel, talking about getting points and going on a trip to Bermuda. He claimed to be selling magazines, so I looked at his list and tried to make a choice. But I couldn't concentrate on the magazines because he was asking a flurry of personal questions. Am I married? Do I have kids? What are my hobbies? How long have I lived here? Do I know everyone around here? He seemed pretty nosy. Then he asked if I was about 21 years old (I'm 36). When I asked where he was from, he indicated that he came from one block away. When I asked again, he said he was staying in a hotel in Kansas City. And later when I asked where he was from, he said Oklahoma. The next thing I knew, he was inside the entry way, sitting on the steps, asking more personal questions, and looking around the house. And he was talking so much, I couldn't think straight. I offered to buy one subscription - for $40 - and he talked me out of paying with a check, explaining that he would get more points for the sale if I paid with cash. It all seemed pretty fishy, so I looked over the receipt. It gave the name of Palmetto Marketing and the city of Coral Springs, Florida, but it didn't list a phone number. He told me the phone number was printed on the back. But when I looked, there was no phone number. So he said he would write the phone number on the back. He also gave me the stub from the receipt, saying I should stick it to my front door to keep his fellow contestants away. On it, he wrote his name, Bug Off, and some other stuff. As soon as he left, I called the phone number and it connected me to a Verizon Wireless recording. As far as I know, a legitimate marketing company would use a land line, not a cell phone. My next move was to look up Palmetto Marketing on the web, leading me to this site. I didn't find any other results leading me to believe PMI could be legitimate. I started off down the street, but it was very dark. I found him about two blocks away and demanded to have my money back. I told him his phone number had connected me to a cell phone message. He acted troubled and started searching for excuses. After asking about six times to have my money returned, I was about ready to MAKE him give back the money, which he finally did. It appears that this story is nearly identical to many of the other reports on this site. , MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Feb 07 2005
Palmetto Marketing, Inc. ripoff! Coral Springs Florida
On 11-23-04, two young men came to my door selling magazines. I thought they would make good Xmas presents for my daughters so I purchased a 1 yr. subscription for Teen Vogue for the amount of 34.00. They put the name and address as follows, Robin Madaris, 216 Turkey Hollow Rd. (I live on Turkey Hop Rd, and didn't notice this error until later). Holly Pond, AL 35083 The seller was named Brent Kennedy and both young men said they were selling them to win a trip. Reciept #(041)4128652 The second magazine was a 1 yr subscription to Disney Magazine for the price of 32.00 sold by Dion McNutt. The name on the reciept was Ashley/Alissa Madaris 216 Turkey Hollow Rd. (again, wrong address) Holly Pond, AL 35083 Reciept #(029)4128656 Both reciepts say to allow 90-120 days for delivery, but I had asked if these would start earlier, as they were Chrismas presents, they assured me they would, and I would recieve something in the mail confirming the subscriptions within the next few days. Since they put the wrong address, I don't know if they magazines are going to the wrong place, or if it was just a rip off. Either way, I was ripped off here for 66.00 and I am not happy about it. We just purchased this home in August and I don't appreciate anyone taking money that would have went for actual gifts for my daughters. If the magazines start arriving, I will come back and delete this report, but I do feel I was scammed here, as I was guaranteed delivery by the holidays. I have ordered magazines before for gifts and always recieved a gift tag of some sort, on this, I didn't get anything, and this is such a small town, I don't think the post master would have missed that it was the wrong street adress and fixed it. Thank you for your time on this matter. Robin Holly Pond, AlabamaU.S.A.
Feb 23 2005
Palmetto Marketing,inc. ripoff! Coral Springs Florida
A young woman came to my door on 11/29/04. she said she wanted to win some trip and was selling magazines. so I bought a magazine for 29.95. I have never received the magazine nor has my check cleared. I thought it might of been a scam and I think she new I suspected. Dawn ENGLEWOOD, FloridaU.S.A.
Mar 02 2005
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
December 16, 2004 young girl knocked on doors selling magazines for points. I spent $35.00. Have heard nothing. Lew Ft. Lauderdale, FloridaU.S.A.
Mar 09 2005
Palmetto Marketing misrepresentation ripoff! Norfolk Virginia
Young white man (claimed to be 22 years old) came to door when it was dark and porch light was not even on. Claimed to be Roger Smith who just moved in down the street next to 7-11 and wanted to meet the neighbors. Next thing he said he was a new student at Norfolk State University (a predominantly black school) in Mass Communications and Radio - but only been in town 5 days - a bit odd as the semester began long ago. He even claimed to work at the Norfolk State Radio Station and we could listen to him tonight after 10:30 on 88.1. (there is no such station at Norfolk State) Said he wanted to go on a trip to Germany where he'd be training with the BBC - couldn't explain what BBC was doing in Germany. He needed help on his school trip to Germany so was offering for us to buy a magazine. We said we already had too many magazines and in fact turned down free subscriptions we have on our many frequent flyer miles. He said we might consider giving a child's magazine called Arthur, to the Children's Hospital. Roger claimed he scored 1580 on his SAT (took it twice) and had attended about 5 universities around the US, was now a Junior at NSU after driving from Missouri 5 days ago. He said his Mom, of Design Pro bought 200 magazine subscriptions and he just needed a few more to go on the trip. Although the magazine prices were quite high, we thought we'd buy one subscription for $40 to help Roger. We completed the form, wrote our check. He saw we were skeptical, so he wrote his mother's phone number (just a block away), but he said she used a Phoenix phone number. Once he walked out the door, my wife and I compared notes, and felt this was likely a fraud. Thus, we called his mother's phone number which was, of course, bogus. We contacted the neighbor he said he would visit next. He said he only had 6 days to sell several hundred magazines (his Mom had bought 200, yeh right!). He needed to complete his sales in 1 hour and turn in receipts to his NSU professor. We decided to check if he was still in the neighborhood. Fortunately, we saw him sitting in front of the 7-11. When we confronted him, we said things didn't add up and we weren't happy. To begin with, the phone number he left was bogus. He somehow instantly remembered he'd given us the wrong number and gave us a new one, his grandmother's with an entitrly new (and distant) area code. We'd had enough and said we'd like to cancel the deal (the receipt said we had 3 days to cancel). He obligied and returned our check. My wife insisted he invalidate our order, which he voided. He said he couldn't return the form or tear it up or his company, Palmetto, would charge him $100. I've taken the time to write this to let others know of the unscrupulous tactics used by such con artists purporting to work for Palmetto (aka National Magazine Seller Assn. or whatever). For identification purposes, the four numbers Roger said identified our sale are: 041 4183949 JW (his boss's initials) R Smith (his name) He said the magazine we ordered (since cancelled) was New York Magazine for 92 issues. I doubt if we hadn't acted right away, like many others, we'd never see an issue, based on the host of lies that this young man dished out in such a short time. It should be obvious that someone with a 1580 SAT would not be selling magazines and bouncing around from one school to another. We are used to dealing with honest people in our work and neighborhood, and when one interacts with someone like Roger, there's a tendency to take him at his word. This scam takes advantage of sincere people who trust others. Hopefully, sharing this scenario may help protect others frolm this scam. Olaf Norfolk, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Norfolk, Virginia
Feb 20 2005
Palmetto Marketing BIG RIPOFF Coral Springs Florida
This is the biggest ripoff out there. I bought some magazines in March of 2004 and I have still not received anything from them so it has been way past 120 days. After reading the other reports I know that the kid that sold me this did do drugs and drink. I know this because he asked me to get a hold of some drugs for him. He said that's how his crew would relax at the hotel by getting high and drunk. I had a bar and he kept asking for some shots. When I refused he said that he was going to drink later on that night anywasys. He told me some story about how his team had to beat a team of girls to win a trip. All I know is if I ever see him again, it'll be on! Miguel Austin, TexasU.S.A.
Mar 05 2005
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Coral Florida
Well, these people showed up at my door, and pressure sold me a magazine subscription. Well need less to say that i never got it. They said that they were selling the magazine subscriptions for a school trip. So if someone knocks on your door offering something like this, be aware of a rip off sceam. Robb BENTON, ArkansasU.S.A.
Mar 14 2005
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Sarasota Florida
My 91 yr. old Mother living with us had just passed away and I was vunerable and stupid. Boy and Girl with story about winning a trip sold me magazines I never received. $64.00 that I hope helped them in some way. What a world we live in!!!! Marykay Sarasota, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Sarasota, Florida
Mar 13 2005
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
They are using the kids to sell magazines for school.I thought I was helping the kids but, I've yet to see the magazine that was ordered in 1/15/05. It is now march and decided to find more information and discovered that it was a fraudulent company. But my check was cashed for $40.00. Please let me know how I can go about getting my money back. Antoinette tampa, FloridaU.S.A.
May 11 2005
PALMETTO MARKETING ripoff CORAL SPRINGS Florida
IN FEBRUARY OF 2005 A YOUNG WOMAN CAME TO MY HOME SELLING MAGAZINES - SHE SAID THAT IF I PURCHASED A MAGAZINE FROM HER I WOULD BE HELPING HER TO ADD UP POINTS FOR EITHER SCHOOL OR FOR PERSONAL REASONS, I FORGOT WHICH. I GAVE HER A PERSONAL CHECK IN THE AMOUNT OF $51.94 FOR A PERSCRIPTION OF GOLF DIGEST. THE CHECK WAS CASHED FEBRUARY 16TH OF 2005. IT IS NOW MAY 11TH 2005 AND I HAVE NOT RECIEVE AN ISSUE OF THE MAGAZINE YET. AS THE FEW WEEKS WENT BY I DIDN'T WANT TO WORRY FIGURING THAT IT WOULD TAKE THEM TIME TO PROCESS MY ACCOUNT. THEN I FELT I WOULD JUST CALL THEM AS I STILL HAVE THE RECIEPT BUT I COULD NOT FIND A TELEPHONE NUMBER. THEN TODAY, I THOUGHT I WOULD GO ONLINE AND SEE IF THEY HAD A WEBSITE AND MAYBE I COULD GET THEIR TELEPHONE NUMBER THAT WAY. INSTEAD I STUMBLED ON THE RIPOFF SIGHT AND FELT I SHOULD GO THERE. SURE ENOUGH I AM LIKE A GOOD MANY OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE GIVEN MONEY AND STILL NOT HAVE RECIEVED ANY MAGAZINE. Thomas JUPITER, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: CORAL SPRINGS, Florida
Apr 06 2005
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs, Florida
A young man by the name of Brandon Franks came to my door on February 1, 2005. He was selling magazines to try to win a trip to Cancun. He said the more magazines he sold the better chance he had to win. So I looked over his list, and settled on a gardening magazine. It costs 24$, plus the 10$ shipping fee. So I gave the man 34$ cash, and he left. Then when I thought about it a little more, and told my boyfriend what had happened, I started having second thoughts about it. My boyfriend told me that he thought it was a scam, and that I should go find him in the neighborhood and get my money back. Although I had my suspicions, I figured that I was just being paranoid. So I just tried to be hopeful. So the next day I asked some of my friends if anyone had come by their houses selling magazines. Some said yes and that they weren't stupid enough to say yes, and the rest said they knew nothing about it. Finally at the end of the day I talked to my sister about it, who said that approximately 2 years earlier she had subscribed to the same exact company, and had heard the same story. But the thing was, she HAD been receiving her magazines ever since. So I was relieved and felt confident. Today's date is April 6, 2005. And I have yet to receive a single magazine. I finally got the chance to look up the company name and I came across these ripoff testimonies. I am furious about this and I want to do something about it but I'm not sure what. Calli Islamorada, FloridaU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Jul 18 2002
Palmetto Marketing ripoff magazine scam Coral Springs Florida
We had a young girl come to our door telling us she was trying to win a trip to Cancun through selling magazines. She talked very fast and used high-pressure sales techniques to get inside our home and sell us a magazine subscription. We read over the list and found one we liked and decided to help her out (being that she was in first place, like many of the other reports say). After she left we thought about how much the subscription was and went to the magazine's web site and found out that a one year subscription was $15 less than we were charged. After we noticed the $10 processing fee we realized we had been ripped off. Luckily we also saw the note saying we had 3 days to cancel our order. I looked up the company online and found the phone number. Predictably, no one answered. I found information about the company's practices on this web site and decided to track her down minutes after she left. I found her not far away and told her that I wanted our check back. She seemed very mad and I explained to her what I learned on this site. She did not believe me, but we fortunately managed to get our check back (even though we had to give her our recepits, which I marked our info out on). Thank you everyone who posted here on Rip Off Report for saving us $33 and a headache trying to get our money back. Zach Raleigh, North Carolina
Apr 19 2003
Palmetto Marketing ripoff fraud business Coral Springs Florida
DO NOT ORDER MAGAZINES FROM THIS COMPANY THEY SEND TEENAGERS AROUND DOOR TO DOOR SAYING THEY GET POINTS TOWARD EDUCATION IF YOU ORDER A MAGAZINE - I NEVER RECIEVED ANYTHING, MY CHECK GOT CASHED AND WHEN I TRIED TO CONTACT THEM THEY STATED THEY DONT SELL MAGAZINES. Jocelyn Timonium, MarylandU.S.A.
Dec 07 2002
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
I just wanted to give an update and a few more comments on a message that I placed a few months ago. This company is a scam and the dirtbags that work for it should be in prison. Kids??? Old enough to know better. One guy on this site said that he had worked for them and wanted us to feel sorry for him. Why don't you come out here and go door to door giving us our money back you arrogant son of a bitch!! As for the honest people that lost the money they worked hard for, we should all keep this on our minds and keep on the government and web sites like this one to put an end to this scam. It is no little scam... people (according to other sites) have even been killed. People are getting hurt. Like one kid said Be Careful... But, DO NOT let this rest. Keep up the reports. Keep calling, faxing, emailing, etc... Let's work together stronger than ever to shut this place down. TO anyone who says that they worked there or do work there now, I feel sorry for you but YOU and the others are the REASON this continues. Help us, join us and feel better about what you did. You ripped people off, innocent people...not crack heads like you. Mad and not giving up!! Belleville, IllinoisU.S.A.
May 30 2002
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
Palmetto Marketing, Fraudulent Magazine Sales, On the night of February 13th, 2 girls claiming to be high school seniors came to my door pretending to be very sweet and charming, and offering a magazine subscription that would help them to win a Senior trip. Not really wanting to spend the money I did find one magazine that i wouldn't mind having, so I went ahead and ordered. The girls gave me a full receipt that looked legit and told me i would recieve it in 90 to 120 days (I also thought that was longer than normal) and I had 3 days to cancel the subscription. Now it is well over 4 months later and still no magasines, I now realize that it was a scam and that this company will not honor my subscriptions despite my reciepts or complaints. The magasines were also overpriced with a $10 processing charge. I guess that is a $35 lesson in life I hope to pass on to others who endure the same. The worst part is that I am too a struggling college student and this looks bad for all students everywhere and needs to be brought to a halt. If you see any similar scam do not fall for it, but instead get your magazines the old way, by using an order form from other magasines. Scott Wilmington, North Carolina
Nov 19 2002
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
I could almost copy word for word my account from Tom of South Carolina. On November 18 2002, a young man who represented himself as a school student knocked on my door. He told me that he was in a contest and competing against his colleges to win a prize for being the top sales person. He was selling magazines. The cost of the magazines were about three times the normal amount. But I wanted to help so I ordered. He used high pressure sales techniques, and told me if I ordered he would certainly win and I was his last chance. Then whilst trying to find the Palmetto Marketing Inc. telephone no. on the internet. I came across an exact account of what I had experience. This made me extremely angry as it is not the sales person in question but the techniques a Marketing company will use to get a sale. Running kids from state to state, and manipulating a situation from both sides, the client and the kids who sell these magazines. Plus after such an experience the client will always remember the magazines, not a great sell for the magazine company either. I decided to cancel the transaction and followed the 3 day return policy. The company Palmetto Marketing has yet to return my call and my cancellation has gone registered mail. I canceled my partial payment in the form of a cheque and emailed the two magazine companies in question, informing them that they could be receiving a subscription from me through the Palmetto Marketing company which I had canceled. The one magazine company in question was unaware of these methods used. I really hope that if a kid arrives at your door selling you magazines, Palmetto Marketing inc. does not get your money and therefore less kids will get caught up in this scam as well. Karen Smithfield, North Carolina
Oct 01 2002
Palmetto Marketing ripoff coral springs Florida
A young girl came to my door selling magazines for hergroup and she was in first place and only needed a few more points to win her trip to Mexico. She was vey energetic and bubbly and friendly to my son.I felt sorry for her so i renewed a currnt subscription which was triple the price but i thought it was for a good cause.She told me if i gave her cash she could get her points that day! After i wrote out the check I did not feel right so i went on line and found all these reports so i cancelled my check from the bank immediately and contacted my local news about the scam artist in the area! I am so mad as i fell for this as I am an educated person! I just want everyone to be aware!! Karyn Brunswick, Ohio
Entity: coral springs, Florida
Oct 17 2002
Palmetto Marketing Inc ripoff Coral Springs Florida
A young college boy came knocking at my door. He said that he was selling magazines for his college and who ever sold the most would win a trip to Cancun. He seemed honest. I gave the young man a check for $20 and $20 in cash. He explained to me that the cash would get his points quicker for the weekend tally. He then gave me a slip from the Palmetto Marketing Inc with his name and the sales company which he represented cba. I then read in our local newspaper, The Patrior Ledger that this was a scam being pulled over peoples head all over the place. This is a outrage. Darline Braintree, Massachusetts

Showing 1-25 | Showing Page 1 of 1,293