PALMETTO MARKETING Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Palmetto Marketing

There may be more reports for "Palmetto Marketing"

For more results perform a general search for "Palmetto Marketing"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jun 23 2005
Palmetto Marketing, ripoff Coral Springs Florida
On May 6, 2005 A young girl came to my door. I was spending time with my son after work. First thing the girl said is who she was, what she wanted. Then she asked if i was going to touch her or kidnap her. I said why would I do that. Then I got no answer. The girl asked if i wanted to help her, buy buying magazines. Then said this contest is to help win her a trip. I said i dont have the money right now. Then my son came to the door also. She saw him , then She replied - this would be good to get for kids, showed me the flier she had. I said That I wont have the money for at least 2 1/2 weeks. The girl said ok no problem. So when I wrote the check out she said i would get 24 issues for $48. That would be 1 issue per month for 2 years. Today is june 23, 2005. Still dont see any magazines. On my recipt says i will get 16 issues with in 2 years period. I called PMI today. They were so rude. they said they cant controll what sellers do, They said they dont take checks that are post marked. Well I made my check out for 5-21-05, the girl took it, it cleared the bank 2 days after that day. The supervisor was even rude and said they are not refunding the money, and i only get 6 issues per year , starting somewhere near 120 days. I said that is false advertisement. They said dont know what to tell you, you had 3 days to cancel. I think people are not getting the magazines, that money we give, just goes to pay for the trip she is taking. I said when i pay for something, i want it now or within 4-6 weeks. Not 3-4 months when you orget about even ordering. This was for my 2 yr old son. The sellers name is S. Marquez. She said she is from Cleveland, OH.- Anyone have Ideas? Nathan Uhrichsville, OhioU.S.A.
27, Report #162017
Oct 25 2005
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
Well to start these two high school boys came to our door selling magazines. I right off said no thanks and then my husband rounded the corner and asked what it was about and they went into their shpeel for him. So as we were asking questions here comes my two girls. Of course the boys say oh and here is a magazine for the girls Disney Princess, so like all kids they begged and we gave in. I wrote out a check for $70.00 for two magazines and it's going on 4 months and still haven't received them both. Only one has came and now one daughter feels left out and looks in our mailbox daily for the magazine. I wish I would have found out about Palmetto before I had wrote the check out to a scam of a company. I would rather just have my money back and forget this crap even came out way. The boys even gave us the number so we call and get a busy signal and then we find another phone number and of course it has been changed to an unpublished phone number. This company should be shut down specially when disappointing young children C STERLING HTS, MichiganU.S.A.
Dec 12 2005
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
A boy named Justin Henson came to our apartment door (10/06/2005), saying he was in college trying to raise money for a trip for school by selling magazine subscriptions. We ordered 4 magazine subscriptions from him totaling $142.00. We have not seen one magazine as of yet.(12/12/2005) We plan on contacting the attorney general here in Arizona as well as the better business bureau. Jill Mesa, ArizonaU.S.A.
Apr 19 2003
Palmetto Marketing ripoff fraud business Coral Springs Florida
DO NOT ORDER MAGAZINES FROM THIS COMPANY THEY SEND TEENAGERS AROUND DOOR TO DOOR SAYING THEY GET POINTS TOWARD EDUCATION IF YOU ORDER A MAGAZINE - I NEVER RECIEVED ANYTHING, MY CHECK GOT CASHED AND WHEN I TRIED TO CONTACT THEM THEY STATED THEY DONT SELL MAGAZINES. Jocelyn Timonium, MarylandU.S.A.
Sep 27 2003
Palmetto Marketing Inc ripoff Coral Springs Florida
I also was scammed, as well as others in my neighborhood some young kid said he was trying to win a trip to cancun. he was very persistant in persuading me to order, was asking me questions regarding my family and telling me about all the stuff my neighbors had ordered in a very unproffessional manner that should have trigered me not to give this person my money the check was cashed within a week and still no magazines. my neighbor contacted the company and although her check was cashed they told her they have no information stating she ever ordered magazine.the company said they were not liable because these people are contractors for them. i have broght this scam to the attention of the local news stations and an investigator. I don't think people realize how much money this company has recieved in money from people between three of us we lost 100.00. i will continue my search to get somewhere eith palmetto marketing inc. Tanya cambridge, MinnesotaU.S.A.
May 16 2003
Palmetto Marketing, Inc Magazine Ripoff Coral Springs Florida
A brought the magazines from a girl earning points for a trip. After seeing my check cashed and calling Readers Digest and they had no order and further trying to call the Palmetto Marketing by phone produced a wrong number, I realized that I had been rip offed. At present I had requestd a copy of my check to see if there is any hope of getting my money back. I doubt it but it's worth a try. Louise Stevensville, MarylandU.S.A.
Jun 16 2003
Palmetto Marketing Inc. abused & mistreated Dayton Ohio
I was approached by two very smooth 20 yr. olds selling mags to help develop their communication skills for school. After listeing to their pitches, I was willing to help students.I purchased a mag for $24 and a processing fee of $10. That should be $34 right? They marked down $40 and cash on the ticket. After thinking about all the holes and shadiness in their stories, I ran in the house and brought up this site. THANK YOU Rip-off report! I copied 2 pages and took it over next door where another sale was completed. I confronted the two guys and they become extremely abusive verbally. They told me they couldn't give me my check back, I would have to cancel it. I told them nobody was going anywhere until I had my check in my hand. After I left and botched their next sale, they told my neighbor f*ck you, we don't need your money. And that they were going to kick my ass for messing up their sales, and it didn't matter how big I was. They never came back, being 7 foot tall and 300 lbs. I didn't expect them to ( I kinda hoped they would have tho).Nice communication skills these kids are learning these days. Wes dayton, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Dayton, Ohio
May 05 2003
Palmetto Marketing Inc ripoff Coral Springs Florida
I contacted a consumer company in Florida who is helping me recover my money from Palmetto Marketing Inc. They have had 24 complaints filed and have recovered full refunds for each complaint! They are currently working on my case. The number is 1-954-341-8135. I hope each and everyone of you calls this number and gets every dollar back! Finally someone who can help! Good luck guys! Sherry dunwoody, GeorgiaU.S.A.
May 11 2003
Palmetto Marketing Inc ripoff Coral Springs Florida
Number to call for refund help! .... Last week I called the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services at 1-954-341-8135. They said out of 24 complaints on Palmetto Marketing, they have recovered 24 refunds. I just got my complaint form from them in the mail and will mail it ASAP. I hope you will all do the same and get everything owed back. Good luck, I will keep my progress posted. PS: As I was filling it out, a guy comes to my door selling books to win a trip! I hear my husband telling him I will have a few choice words from him as went to the door. He claimed his company was legit and Palmetto marketing was the devil of scams. I told him to get off my property. Talk about coincidence! Sherry dunwoody, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Jun 19 2004
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
Earlier this morning a young man by the name of David Smith showed up on my door step with a song and dance about wanting to win a trip to Cancun if I purchase magazines from him. He said that he was only 400 points away from winning this so called trip. I always refuse solicitos, but this time I felt for the little punk so I purchased Rolling Stone magazine for 38.00 dollars, he didn't have change so he got 40.00 from me. He promised to come back with my 2.00 change. He never did. I WAS SCAMED and I feel horrible. Heidi Livonia, MichiganU.S.A.
Mar 26 2004
PALMETTO MARKETING ripoff Coral Springs Florida
I had two what seam to be teenagers, come to my house around a few weeks ago. They said they where selling supscription's for magazine's trying to raise money to help win point's for a trip. being that I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDREN I thougth it'll be nice to order some book's for them.. but did'nt have any cash on hand right then. but they said that it was ok, and asked if we had a checking account. I said yes but funds are low right, they said that's ok we can hold the check for two week's I said are you sure, they said yes, so we did order. But after acouple of day's I got the receipt to call because I really did'nt like the way that the receipt's were written they looked to suspicus, but going over the receipt's front & back I could not find any kind of contact number anywhere, and that made me worry that much more. alfrazier& mary suffolk, VirginiaU.S.A.
Feb 10 2004
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
I got ripped off by this company Troy 70047, LouisianaU.S.A.
Feb 10 2004
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Ft.lauderdale, Florida
I'm so stupid!!! please, dont buy anything from these boys. be smart!! no like me. I lost $34.-, is not too much, but it was mine. Carina ft.lauder, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Ft.lauderdale, Florida
May 14 2004
Palmetto Marketing Inc. violence in Washington D.C., Coral Springs Florida
In 1999 in Washington D.C. the owner of the company Vinnie Pitts, company came to visit. He and the crew leader (Bob Cecil) had got into an arguement with a man in the parking lot of the hotel we were staying at, something over some drugs I beleive. They were shouting and fighting and they wound up beating the guy with a tire iron. They left the man unconcious. By time the cops arrived Vinnie & Bob had talked Marcus (an agent for the company)into taking the blame for the whole thing and he went to jail. He didn't even do it. He served some time and came back to the crew and Vinnie paid him to take the wrap. Rumor around the crew was that Vinnie was being investigated for some mafia involvement and that's why he had to take off from the scene of the crime. Dawn Tallahassee, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Oct 02 2003
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
AS ME AND MY FAMILY WERE PREPARING DINNER WE WERE INTERUPTED BY A KNOCK ON THE DOOR AND A FAST TALKING SALESMAN OF ABOUT NO MORE THAN 25 YEARS OF AGE WITH A FRIEND WHOM REMAINED QUIET THE WHOLE TIME THIS GUY WAS TALKING. HE MENTIONED HE NEEDED VOTES TO WIN A TRIP TO CANCUN AND IN ORDER TO GET POINTS I WOULD NEED TO ORDER OR RENEW A MAGAZINE PRESCIPTION. AFTER WRITING HIM A $35 CHECK FOR A 2 YEAR RENEWAL MY HUSBAND IMMEDIATELY WENT TO LOOK UP THIS COMPANY NAME ON THE GOOGLE SEARCH TO CONFIRM HIS SUSPICION OF A DOOR TO DOOR FRAUD. MY HUSBAND IMMEDIATELY WENT ACROSS THE STREET TO RETRIEVE OUR CHECK BACK WHICH WAS GIVEN BACK TO US WITHOUT HESITATION.(THE 80 POUND ROTWEILLER WITH HIM MAY HAVE HELPED) SO GLAD FOR THE INFORMATION GIVEN TO US ON THIS SITE... SAVED BY GOOD INSTINCT AND A LOYAL FRIEND.. Carolyn clarksville, TennesseeU.S.A.
Nov 09 2003
Palmetto Marketing Inc ripoff Coral Springs Florida
this nice looking boy came to my door as I was getting ready to go to work. I let him in after he said something about points cancun, and how he just needed a few more and he was selling magazines to go. I had been putting off the subscription that I wanted so I said hey why not. I thought that the price was a little high but I figured it was a worthy cause. the more I thought about I realized that I could get the magazine cheaper and $34 was a lot of money because I myself am a college student. I already have loans and back payments and I really dont have money to throw away. When I looked at the back of the paper that the nice boy gave me I saw that I coulld get my money back so I looked up the address on the internet to find that this little f--k-- cheated me out of almost 40 dollars which is a lot. He has tatoos on both arms and his ears are pierced. Hopefully karma does its job Candice raleigh, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Nov 28 2003
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Carol Springs Florida
on step 10 03 i was riped off by a person selling magazine i want justice Eleanor tatftville, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Entity: Carol Springs, Florida
Dec 18 2003
Palmetto Marketing,Inc ripoff Coral Springs Florida
Two and half months ago, I ordered two magazines subscription for my granddaughter. I have yet to receive either one. I wrote a check for $72.00 and it was cashed by this company within 7 days. Cynthia Waxahachie, TexasU.S.A.
Nov 03 2003
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
Palmetto Company, Coral Springs Florida- is a fraudulent company out to rip people off. The teenage, white female, who goes by the name of kiper, said she was earning points to go on feild trip. She was selling magazines in which I paid $24.00 + an additional $10.00 processing fee. For a total of $34.00. Luckily this was the cheapest. I had bought subscriptions through this type of door to door solicitation and never had problems. I will do my part and email all my friends to warn them and pass on the message. I suggest those who have been victimized to do the same. Mari pixley, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Sep 24 2004
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
The doorbell rang tonight after dark. Upon opening the door, I was surprised to find a young man whom I did not know. He immediately went into his spiel, talking about getting points and going on a trip to Bermuda. He claimed to be selling magazines, so I looked at his list and tried to make a choice. But I couldn't concentrate on the magazines because he was asking a flurry of personal questions. Am I married? Do I have kids? What are my hobbies? How long have I lived here? Do I know everyone around here? He seemed pretty nosy. Then he asked if I was about 21 years old (I'm 36). When I asked where he was from, he indicated that he came from one block away. When I asked again, he said he was staying in a hotel in Kansas City. And later when I asked where he was from, he said Oklahoma. The next thing I knew, he was inside the entry way, sitting on the steps, asking more personal questions, and looking around the house. And he was talking so much, I couldn't think straight. I offered to buy one subscription - for $40 - and he talked me out of paying with a check, explaining that he would get more points for the sale if I paid with cash. It all seemed pretty fishy, so I looked over the receipt. It gave the name of Palmetto Marketing and the city of Coral Springs, Florida, but it didn't list a phone number. He told me the phone number was printed on the back. But when I looked, there was no phone number. So he said he would write the phone number on the back. He also gave me the stub from the receipt, saying I should stick it to my front door to keep his fellow contestants away. On it, he wrote his name, Bug Off, and some other stuff. As soon as he left, I called the phone number and it connected me to a Verizon Wireless recording. As far as I know, a legitimate marketing company would use a land line, not a cell phone. My next move was to look up Palmetto Marketing on the web, leading me to this site. I didn't find any other results leading me to believe PMI could be legitimate. I started off down the street, but it was very dark. I found him about two blocks away and demanded to have my money back. I told him his phone number had connected me to a cell phone message. He acted troubled and started searching for excuses. After asking about six times to have my money returned, I was about ready to MAKE him give back the money, which he finally did. It appears that this story is nearly identical to many of the other reports on this site. , MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Aug 21 2004
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
As with other consumers, two college students came to my door selling magazines to win a trip. I bought my son 2 car magazines, totaling $72.00. We were given a sticker to put on our door, stating that these two characters had been there and that other sellers could bug off. I had never bought from door to door sales people, and I will never do it again. I learned my lesson. If I want to buy magazines, I will do it through my children's school or through the mail! Laurie Manchester, New HampshireU.S.A.
Aug 10 2004
Palmetto Marketing, Inc. Ripped off! Coral Springs Florida
I was also approached by a college person who said that he was selling magazines. This was suppose to help him win a trip he said, I have a persons name, it is probably fake though. be careful everyone. RIPPED OFF by a college kid!! Donna Fitchburg, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Mar 11 2004
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
On Nov04,2003 my wife and I ordered two magazines from this kid. In all it was $78.00 dollars,when the kid came to the door he said that my neighbor had gotten two magizines and sent him over to my house. So in mid February I went to my neighbor's and ask him if he had received his magazines! He told me that he did not order any, not only being ripped off but lied too. So on March 11,2004 my wife & I looked on the web and we was shock to see all these people that has been ripped off. Now that I have the address and phone number I am going to call in the morning but what I have read from other complaints that is all that is happening! I think it is time to take a stand and do something about these crooks and to put these con artist in jail where they belong. Because what they are doing is fraud & false advertisement,and also common law robbery cause they are coming into our homes and taking money from people that they solicate knowing that we are not going to receive what we haved ordered. And if your like us we don't have the money to be throwing away, all we was trying do is help this kid get all the orders he could to help him win the trip to Cancun. but if the truth be known them kids propably did not win the trip either,all we know the owner of palmetto marketing is sitting on the beach drinking little umbrella drinks and getting a sun tan on our money so if you would like to help me try to get our money back, let's take a stand for whats ours. Thanks! Rodney Graham, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Sep 08 2004
Palmetto Marketing, Inc. rip-off! Coral Springs Florida
A young man came to my door, saying he was a college student and was selling magazines. He gave me the name of my neighbor and said my neighbor told him I was a good person who would help him win a contest. He said he was very close to being the top candidate so I ordered Redbook magazine from him on April 9th, 2004. It is now Sept. 8, 2004 and no magazines. I just went online to find an email address for this company and I got my surprise to find them in the Rip-Off Report. I am sorry I did not think to check the site out before I gave him my check for $22.00 which was cashed within 5 days. Lucy Middletown, DelawareU.S.A.
Apr 25 2006
Palmetto Marketing ripoff Coral Springs Florida
On October 18th a girl rang our doorbell claiming to be from our local high school. She stated she was trying to sell magazines to earn points for a trip. She eventually talked me into a magazine subscription that I chose for my son. There was also a $10 dollar 'processing fee'. After 6 months I still had not received the magazine. I called the company at the end of March 06 and was told that I should receive the magazine by the first week of April 06 or they would gladly refund my money. Today, April 25th I called the company. I gave them my receipt information and was told that that magazine had ceased publication. They said that they had sent me via mail notice of this and that I could choose another magazine. I stated that I would like my money back. She said this would be fine and that I needed to send in my receipt. After hanging up I went online and noticed that the magazine is still being published. I called PMI back and told them I didn't believe that they would actually send me a refund if they lied about the publication status. She then said that they weren't allowed to sell that magazine any longer. She said I would have to send in my receipt to get a refund. I know that I'm getting the run around and I'm tired of being ripped off. They have blatantly lied to me and I've caught them and they don't care because they have my money. I'm really interested in knowing why isn't there a class action lawsuit out there to shut them down? Why do we continue to let them rip people off if we can stop it? Is anyone interested in starting a class action lawsuit? Michelle wichita, KansasU.S.A.

Showing 26-50 | Showing Page 2 of 1,286