PAYPAL Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: PayPal

There may be more reports for "PayPal"

For more results perform a general search for "PayPal"

Showing 26-50 of 8,016 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "PayPal"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Sep 26 2008
Paypal Honest Seller scammed by Paypal and Buyers Remorse Buyer. Internet
I have recently started selling items on Ebay and the only way they would allow me to do so was if I signed up to deal through PAYPAL . With no other choice if I wanted to sell my items I decided to go with it. After selling 15-20 items , a woman who purchased a purse from me that was valued at $398.00 , she got it and decided she didn't want it after all and filed a not as described item dispute with Paypal. Three days later without getting any information from me she was awarded a total refund from my account . Now since I had just paid my Ebay account from this money the full amount was unavailable, so they filed a non payment complaint against me prior to the decision being made ? How in the heck can you award anyone a refund when the auction clearly stated all sales final? But never the less they did it to me and helped this scammer to rip me off. That s it , no more PAYPAL and definetly no more EBAY. !!!!!!!!! All sellers beware of the Paypal Scammers Scheme ! Afghanmama919 easton, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Sep 03 2008
PayPal, PayPal Says Too Bad, So Sad. paypal.com Internet
I noticed several deductions from my bank account from PayPal. Due to the fact that I had not purchased anything in a while, I went to the PayPal site to investigate. There were three charges for an on line gaming site that I have never played nor heard of until I Googled it. I immediately filed a dispute and received a reply a few days later. To paraphrase, I was informed that upon investigation it was determined that these were indeed my charges and my responsibility. Ummm, what?! I did not authorize such a charge. As a 40 plus year old women, I have the neither time nor inclination to play internet games. To make matters worse, I could not close my account since there were pending charges to be paid to this same site! I had to call my bank and stop any and all payments going out to PayPal. Apparently, the company can just reach into your pockets and take what they want at any time with no proof or authorization. When questioned, they feel they have the right to say sorryyou're liable even if you're not! A $55.00 lesson that I won't be forgetting any time soon. Cbpiz kissimmee, FloridaU.S.A.
Jun 13 2007
PAYPAL DOES NOT GUARANTEE THEIR PAYMENT SERVICE PAYPAL RIPOFF OMAHA NEBRASKA
I RECENTLY PURCHASED A TOMTOM THROUGH EBAY USING MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT. THE SELLER SENT ME A TOMTOM THAT DID NOT WORK AND THEN SAID IT WAS OPERATOR ERROR AND SENT ME ANOTHER TOMTOM WHICH APPEARED TO BE THE SAME UNIT AND IT DID NOT WORK AND I RETURNED THE UNIT. THE SELLER (FELIXOFPEACE@YAHOO.COM) WOULD NOT RETURN ANY MORE OF EMAILS. I TRIED THE PAYPAL INTERNET DISPUTE SITE AND COULD NOT GET IT TO WORK AND THEN CALLED PAYPAL OPERATOR TO INFORM THEM THE SITUATION. THE OPERATOR SAID SHE WOULD NOTE MY CALL AS A CLAIM AND TOLD ME TO CONTINUE TRYING TO GET MY MONEY FROM THE SELLER. MY LAST EMAIL FROM PAYPAL SAID THEY WERE UNABLE TO GET THE MONEY BACK FROM THE SELLER AND SAID THEY WERE SORRY. I WILL CONTACT DISCOVER CARD AND FILE A DISPUTE, AS I KNOW THEY DO GUARANTEE THINGS. PAYPAL DOES NOT GUARANTEE SALES. READ THEIR FINE PRINT OR WHATEVER ELSE THEY SAY. BEWARE OF PAYPAL. THEY CHARGE BUT DO NOT DELIVER IF THERE IS A PROBLEM. Alan LINCOLN, NebraskaU.S.A.
Entity: Delaware
29, Report #319590
Mar 20 2008
PayPal Paypal, Robbery in progress San Jose California
Reading the hundreds of complaints about PayPal, I soon realized that I was not alone! We use PayPal as merchant account and payment method for our Ebay Store. We pay them very good commission and they everything was fine until we received our first dispute. Customer filed it after 4 weeks of having the products and we could not take the merchandise back. This was clear in our policies that customer agreed to. Here are few blurbs of what PayPal friendly staff had to say: Your policies don't mean a thing It takes 4-6 weeks to resolve You agreed to our terms when you signed up Paypal put a hold on the funds, when they did not find them on the PayPal account, they reached to our Amex card! We filed a charge back against them, they were pissed! The following day, they froze our account and made us verify it again! 6 steps of verifiecation. We felt that were spanked! They certainly on a one way street, all they care about is PayPal and their funds. Our policies don't mean anything, yet theirs do? We asked to be reimbursed for the PayPal monthly fee while we could not use the service. Guess what, they refused. It is in their policy. In summary, we are closing our merchant account, we are happy with Google checkout, simply put, PayPal will rob your money if you are not careful. Cheers.. PS: Vote with your feet! walk away! Crisp sound Tewksbury, MassachusettsU.S.A.
30, Report #319727
Mar 20 2008
PayPal PAYPAL ILLEGALLY RUNNING CREDIT CHECKS San Jose California
Paypal is ILLEGALLY RUNNING CREDIT REPORT CHECKS. Our client signed up for a merchant account and agreed to a credit check. However our client is a customer of LifeLock. LifeLock requires anyone requesting your credit report to have verbal telephone communication with the telephone numbers listed on the credit report. This makes sure other people don't gain access to things such as a Paypal account and apply for things. Paypal attempted to contact our client, was unable to reach him (he seen it on his caller id) then ran the credit check anyhow. Paypal then decided our client didn't meet their credit criteria and denied him the merchant account. After denying him the merchant account, Paypal then demanded more information about our client stating potential fraud since they seen the fraud alert on the credit report. Of course they seen the fraud alert, it tells them that our client cares about his credit and/or was a victim of identity theft. It tells them NOT TO RUN A CREDIT CHECK WITHOUT FIRST HAVING VERBAL CONFIRMATION WITH OUR CLIENT VIA THE TELEPHONE NUMBERS LISTED ON HIS CREDIT REPORT. PayPal never did talk with our client to access his credit report, they accessed it in violatin of all three of the major credit burues. Illegally. What this means to you is, if a theif gets ahold of your personal information, opens up a paypal account, has your social security number, Paypal will allow that person to open up credit and merchant accounts as long as your credit is good. They will also ignore any fraud alerts or locks on your credit reports. They don't care about privacy or the law. They told our client he requested the service so he agreed to the credit check. This is true, but Paypal never sees any of it's clients face to face. How did thye know it was actually my client applying for the account? They didn't, and that's why my client has lifelock, to prevent things like this from happening. BEWARE PAYPAL DOES NOT HONOR LIFELOCK or other identity protection programs, YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS AT RISK WITH PAYPAL. Daniel Las Vegas, NevadaU.S.A.
Dec 01 2008
Paypal is a compete rip off to buyers Internet paypal
Hello I recently just did a dispute to paypal about a purchase made to a site that ripped me off and gave me useless information and was a complete waste of money. They did not at all help me and they told me to dispute it with the company went through even though i told thm in the report they gave me false email and contact information, I think paypal is worthless and they need to be reported alot for their buyers protection lies. Some 1 went through the same thing and disputed them and got their refund but I wasnt able to do the same thing. They are a hassle and i advise every 1 not to go through paypal. Kyle Trenton, MichiganU.S.A.
Dec 30 2009
PayPal Nothing new...PayPal freezing accounts for no reason Internet
PayPal is at it again.  So I sell a used Xbox 360 on ebay, accepting the $150 payment through PayPal.  I then get an unusual message on my account page stating they have modified the funds availability policy.  Reading through the entire policy is like reading the writing of a 6 year old.  Lines such as Payments will be held in a pending balance for a certain time period. For example, if you receive a $100 payment (after fees), the $100 will be held in a pending balance for that amount of time. After then, the money will be available for withdrawal.Can we be any more general and vague about when you will actually have access to your funds?  I have sent two emails to PayPal, as they expressed that as soon as I receive positive feedback for the transaction, my funds will be released.  Well, feedback was left two days ago, and the funds are still frozen.  PayPal and ebay with their greedy, monopolizing ways, are pushing more and more of the people that built their success away.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Dec 30 2011
paypal withholding attempted identity theft info and banned me from paypal Internet
I run an online business and have been using paypal for years and years. One day this month I logged into paypal and much to my surprise my account was limited. I noticed I had a negative balance (I guess it was a charge back) As it was not a large amount of money I paid it to get my account out of the negative and have my account restored. Days went by and nothing. I called paypal and the man said the account was limited because someone in Brazil had tried to open an account with my bank info and not because it was negative. I thought wow Identity theft and they caught it. So he said he needs to investigate it further and to give him a couple more days. ok a couple more days later still nothing (in the mean time i had contacted my bank and they made notes and what not, also wanted me to try and get as much info on the attempt from paypal) So I call paypal again and spoke with a woman and she said my account has been limited permanently and that it was because of suspicious activity I told her I was aware of the attempt of theft and asked her if i needed to open another account  with her as the first was compromised, she said no, I will not be able to use paypal ever again.. Ok..I asked her why would I be banned because someone attempted identity theft from Brazil and she told me because no one would have been able to make such an attempt unless I gave them the info. So I asked, I need what ever info you have about this for my bank and she told me absolutely not that they do not release information on their investigations into suspicious activity. WOW ok I tell her i want to close the account completley and remove my banking information and again I was told NO!! So now I am in the process of changing all my banking information because if this  company cant help with what Ive asked, then I dont want my banking info held by them to do what they want with it.
Dec 08 2011
PayPal PayPal Ilegally Holding Deposits San Jose, California
PayPal is known far and wide for its predatory and deceptive business practices and for failing to meet the needs of its customers, the ones who use their services and allow them to keep their doors open.  One of their biggest scams is placing holds on deposits that people make to purchase items over the internet.  I myself have deposited money into my PayPal account only to find out I have to wait two weeks to have use of my money which is strange because PayPal removes the money from my bank account the very same day I make the transaction and then their customer service employees deliberately lie to me and millions of other customers by telling us that the delays are caused by our banks which is pure BS.  PayPal gets money from customers and then holds it so they can make money by using it themselves and denying us the use of our money. Complaining to the Better Business Bureau does absolutely no good at all because the BBB is powerless and has no enforcement capability at all.  PayPal simply ignores the thousands of complaints that are filed with the BBB against them each year.  A better and much more effective way to deal with this scam is to file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Agency in the state where you live.  Another option is to contact the FBI because if a person lives in a state other than California their behavior constitutes interstate wire fraud. Yet another, even more effective option is to call the President of PayPal, Scott Thompson and let him know what a low life dirt bag he is.  His telephone number is:  408-376-7400.  Also, since PayPal and their parent company EBay are so closely linked a phone call to the President of EBay as well would be a worthwhile thing to do.  If the Consumer Protection Agencies and the FBI get enough complaints they will do something about these two dirt bag scamming companies.  Good luck everyone make their lives a living nightmare!
Mar 07 2012
Paypal Blocked transaction and now Paypal are holding the money, Internet
I transffered 100 GBP to a friends Paypal as a gift, When they saw that they had recieved the money they didn't want it so they tried to send it back to me, Paypal then blocked the transaction and held me ransom for various personal documents such a ID, Statements and credit card details, I completely refused to provide any of these documents as its my money and i have not done anything illegal. Paypal believe that what i am doing is Suspicious and that they should hold the money until they get all of my personal information so that they can then use all of my personal information for fraudulent activities. I have asked them to come up with a more appropriate way to make sure its not Suspicious but they have ignored all of my emails and are holding my money illegally and wrongly. Avoid Paypal if you don't want your money stolen.
Aug 10 2009
PayPal Paypal Is Totally Unfair! And scams themselves Internet
I am reporting paypal because not only have I heard of them ripping people off but they are totally unfair! I am fed up with paypal and I hope to get this issue out across the world so everyone could know EXACTLY how they are! Yeah everyone thinks paypal is secure and safe...well there not ive gone thru alot of issues with paypal and today was the end of it for me! I had listed an auction on ebay for a wholesale consumer lot of electronics The auction was for $5,000.00 buy it now or best offer. I had not made a sale on the auction yet. I listed the auction 3 times had alot of questions but still no sale okay..thats fine. Well today I logged into ebay to realize my account was closed....I was very irratated I had 99 feedback all 100% positive! I didnt know what the problem was.....I contacted paypal and they told me I could NO longer use paypal....WHY? Because they said I was a threat to there business....for the lot of electronics......How am I threat? I havent even sold a lot to anyone yet...And on top of that....I have invoices from where I purchased truckloads of electronics! They wouldnt even accept the fact that I did have invoices and was willing to fax them so they knew I had the merchandise on hand....PAYPAL is a complete RIPOFF!!!!!!! I even have buyers who purchase my merchandise on a weekly/monthly bases. Refrences from these buyers...and paypal still wants to do NOTHING about it. They just want to screw someone over on their business....My only means of income now I have truckloads of electronics and no way to advertise what I got for sale!! I just felt that I needed to get this incident out there in the open so other people dont come across something like this! I wish everybody the best of luck with paypal! But watch your back! They will eventually try to get you in some way or another as they did me! Probably the most honest seller on ebay!!!!!!! I did everything to keep a good selling reputation and now its ruined! THANKS ALOT PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Electronicseller elkhart, IndianaU.S.A.
Nov 21 2009
Paypal & Skype FRAUD CHARGES ON PAYPAL, Internet
We have now been charged 3 times for the amount of 17.00 to our paypal account for service with SKYPE and we don't have service with skype. We talked to paypal and they told us to jump off a bridge and there is nothing they can do for us. It is the holiday season and we have kids. We cannot afford to do this. This even if it seems like a small charge is going to put our account over its limit and then we will be in real trouble when the overdraft fees hit. I don't understand I thought that paypal was supposed to help us. Please if someone has an other ideas post them. We are going to go to the bank but it is wells fargo and they are not very customer service oriented it seems.
May 28 2011
PayPal PayPal Offers NO Seller Protection - they Buyers rip Sellers off!! Internet
I sold a cell phone through eBay and processed the payment through PayPal.  I sold a Sciphone i68 (cheap knock off of an iPhone) and with a lot of extras - in it's original box. Unfortunately, this phone sold to a CRAZY person in North Carolina.  Before the transaction was over, I literally received more than 15 three-page emails from this lady. They ranged from her telling me how she put herself through medical school and law school all while raising five kids alone, to her belittling me and telling me to go to church, and telling me that she had diabetes, cancer, and had just completed 800 hours of anger management.  They were all in text-lingo, and I knew from her other eBay purchases that she was a kid.  However,  I was very patient with her.  I tried to be accomodating.  Before she even got the merchandise, she had filed a claim with PayPal - because I had not answered all of her emails! Her package got sent four days late.  I apologized.  And, in order to appease the Buyer, and do the right thing, I sent her the phone via UPS, with a tracking number.  I deal with UPS on a daily basis.  I am certain that the phone was packaged very well, and that it was received in fine order. I sent PayPal two emails of concern.  I wanted them to know what kind of person I was dealing with.  I was certain, according to her emails, that I was being set up.  I received no answer from PayPal.  Phone calls don't go through.  If you have ever tried to contact PayPal, you know how difficult it is to get through.  But, I held out for hope.  I was CERTAIN that when someone saw her messages, they would SEE that they were not consistent, and she was obviously not telling the truth. When the Buyer received the phone, she escalated the claim and sent me a demand for the money back - without sending the phone back!  I said NO, and told PayPal that I would give her a refund once I received the package back - INTACT.  PayPal indicated the same, that the Buyer would receive a refund once I, the Seller, had indicated that I had received the phone back INTACT. First - the Buyer's first claim stated though PayPal and personal email that she received a NON working phone, her email to me said that the phone was cheap and it didn't work. Then, the Buyer stated that she received a bunch of cheap plastic, Then, the Buyer stated again that she received nothing but a bunch of plastic. Then, the buyer sent ME another private email telling me that the package had been delivered completely torn apart like it had been in a hurricane,  that there was nothing but the bottom of a box and a few cell phone parts in it.  NOW, there was not even a phone! I sent PayPal another email and TOLD them that I was concerned because the buyers emails were ALL inconsistent.  I KNEW that she had received the phone, and she was just trying to get her money back. So, I asked the buyer to send me EVERYTHING back just the way she received it.  I told her that if she had received a damaged package from UPS, that I was going to file a claim with UPS, and that they would want to pick it up from her.  Well, surprise surprise.  The Buyer did not comply.  She CLAIMED that she through it all away because it was junk.  That does not sound like something someone would do if they received a damaged package - and filed a claim about it.  Right?  The Buyer told me that she was sending what she had back via USPS, and that she was only sending a few pieces (proabably the stuff she just didn't need), and that she WAS getting her money back. Well, today, PayPal gave the BUYER her money back - and, I haven't even gotten the package back yet!  I did not EVEN get to receive the package and tell them whether it was INTACT or not - which was the DEAL PayPal made!  I did NOT even get to act as a SELLER!  I am FURIOUS! PayPal is LAZY - I am sure that their ROBOT email answerer is the ONLY thing that I got to actually deal with, because there is NO WAY that a REAL person looked at this claim and made that decision! I would LOVE an answer back!  I would LOVE to actually hear from someone from PayPal!  I would LOVE to hear what kind of defense they have to a claim as PITIFUL as this one! If you want my phone number - so that you can actually talk to me in PERSON - just let me know!  Bring it.
Jul 20 2012
Paypal Johnathan Leger Ripoff by Paypal and Jonathan Leger Internet
I purchased one keyword explosion plugin from Johnathan Leger. I attempted to use his offer at http://workonthesofa.com/members/keyword-explosion-downsell-page for three more keyword explosion plugins. Instead of receiving three additional keyword explosion plugins I was billed by Paypal for a one month subscription to the Best Spinner of $47.00. I canceled this purchase at Paypal and was told by email from Paypal that I would receive a refund. There is no listing of The Best Spinner on the internet for a monthly subscription of $47.00. I complained to Paypal in numerous emails that I never received the $47.00 back. I t appeared that from Paypal's responses to my emails that they did not even read the emails . I also sent Jonathan Leger five emails asking for my $47.00 refund with no response. Paypal finally told me to file a dispute   Case # PP-001-909-917-381 which I did. I was promptly told that the dispute was closed because it was over twenty days old. I still haven't received my $47.00 refund promised by Paypal when I canceled the order.
Dec 21 2012
Paypal Paypal is starting to act phishy. San Jose, California
How many have experienced this from Paypal? I recently setup a business account, because they tell you, you have to create a seperate account for business purposes and when I did that they raised the flag for suspicion as if I'm trying to steal my own identity. I told them the alert didn't happen until I tried creating the business account and they come up with the lame bull crap about new laws and that by 2014-2015 all member will have seen the limitiations or have to provide like a phot id or some proof of I.D. Now that is a great security feature, but when others can use paypal without providing that, I won't be either. I ask them where can I find this on their home page or somewhere in the public eye,stating all members will be rquired this, not just suspicion, as I think led to mine, they aren't admitting, but by 2015 the latest, every one will have to show this info to Paypal is what they advised me or limitations will apply. I would have done it in a heartbeat if I know it was no different than a bank. Not one soul will walk in that bank and leave with an account, without having provided their SSN, and other sensitive info, but with Paypal, that is highly unusual and unless it is known to the public eyes, I won't be following that. So what the limitation stays. I will not do it until it's known in the public eyes and all have to follow the same procedure,not just me, because they drew suspicion over a business account, and wanna lie and say it's the new legislation. Below is a copy of their reason for the above matter: Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. I am sorry to hear about this situation, and understand your frustration and concern. The Bank Secrecy Act was amended to state that Money Services Businesses (like PayPal) will be required to verify the identity of a person before we can provide them with various services or product offerings. The US Patriot Act also requires PayPal to implement a Customer Identification Program (CIP) that ensures the collection of customer data such as Name, Address, Date of Birth , and National/Tax ID Number (SSN). We are also required to verify this information. If we are unable to verify the customers information, we will deny them the requested product/service and we may place a warning/limitation on the account.   Sincerely, PayPal Account Manager PayPal, an eBay Company Who else has recieved that and has heard the by 2014-15 all members will be required to provie proof of I.D.?
Aug 07 2014
PayPal PayPal vs Bank Account Debit Card Access Internet
I'v used PayPal in the past and had no issues with payments from Ebay buyers.  Recently I started selling on Ebay and opened a new PayPal account and transferred money from my bank account . I sold my very first Buy-It-Now item the following day after going online, Paypal held the funds received.  When I attept to print the shipping label from within Ebay, PayPal paid for the transactin.  When the label didn't print I cancelled it and contacted Ebay.  I couldn't reprint the label because I had cancelled it. To my dismay, Ebay indicated I had to waite 21 days for the US Post Office to send me a refund.  I asked why do I have to wait 21 days, when its your site that caused the label to not print in the first place. At the same time Ebay charged me for the label, according to PayPal the transferred funds hadn't posted to my accoung, yet they still allowed the transaction to go through which my account was now negative. I explained to them the label did not print to issue a refund. They stated I had to go through Ebay for a refund. I became so upset with Ebay and PayPal that I decided to issue the buyer a refund and close my PayPal account because i didn't like how they were handeling my money.  First of all holding money for 21 days for an Ebay sale, even the shipping cost the buyer paid up front.  They hold your money hostage, that's what they do now. When I attempt to close out my PayPal account it wouldn't allow me to because of the pending transfer. A couple days later I notice PayPal attempted to debit my bank account (Pending Status) for the cost of the shipping label.  I immediately notified my back to open a complaint.  My bank posted the money bank into my account and open a complaint with PayPal that I did not authorize them to with drawl money from my account. I notified PayPal once again and advised them that I filed a complaint with my bank due to the fact that money was transfered from my accout to cover any transaction(s) I conducted using PayPal and that they were holding this transfer hostage for unknown reasons.  The rep told me that it takes up to 7 business days to post. My bank advised to close out that bank account and open a new one, which I did and also closed out the debit cause because PayPal had access to both of them. The next day (within 2 days of transfer) the money had posted to my PayPal account after the CSR lied and told me it took 7 business days to post.  I guess they didn't want to have to deal with another complaint about customers money. The issue was finally resolved and PayPal account closed.  I didn't care if they wouldn't allow me to close out my account, they no longer had access to any of my money anymore. For those out there who have this sort of issue in the future.  Notify your bank immediately, open a complaint and let them investigate.  Close out any bank/debit card account associate with the transaction and open a new accout to assure the safety of your money.
Mar 30 2014
Ebay/Paypal Ebay/Paypal Beware Internet
To be fair i have used ebay and paypal for years with no issues, i have bought/sold equipment with good results till now!Back in january i listed a 2000 maganatrac small dozer because i was going to purchase a new one!When auction was over the buyer that lived in canada won autction and it was sold for 10k. We agreed to use paypal plus i also had buyer/seller protection up to 20kEbay's fees and pay pal fees totaled $400.00. He told me he was hiring a driver to pick up because part of of contract,he paid me 10k thru paypal with his credit card. When his driver arrived i had a notrized bill of sale and acceptance.about 2 days went by after his driver picked up and i noticed on paypal that they was reversing transaction of 10k out of my account, i called them and asked what was going on, they said the buyer filed complaint saying he never recived dozer, so i contacted driver and he said in detail the times he droped of machine and he told me he showed buyer how to run machine! So i tried contacting owner and no response, i sent paypal all info and legal notary plus emails,text proving that he had machine. So they reveresed action and put 10k back in my account! i thought that was done with. Another month went buy and i seen that ebay/paypal had drafted $$400 out of my account, i called them again, they said that it was fees when i sold dozer, so i presented to them The $400 i paid when action/transaction had been complete! They told me this was new fee and i told them i did not give them permssion to draft that out of account and the response they gave to me was since they had my checking account number they had full rights to draft any amount they choose too. I went to my bank shut down my accounts and filled complaint on the $400 which the bank rembursed me! after this i noticed on my paypal that this buyer had filled another complaint saying he never recievd machine and paypal was attmepting to reverse transaction again! once again i sent info prooving again he had machine! a week went buy and they emailed me saying they will uphold reversal! i was mad as hell over this because i cannot beleive that somebody this bold pulling fraud like this and paypal not holding up legal binding notary legal sale! what is even worse when i opted the buyer/seller protection i partcipate in they will not uphold it! so now i have a -10k balance on my paypal and ebay will not allow me to go to my account! it is one thing the have a punk to pull fraud but it is another when ebay/paypal is worse! So when he got dozer to canada he pulled the fraud!  If i had not shut down my account and moved my money paypal would have drafted the amount out. The IRS does not even have this kind of authority! People needs to be very careful, if you think you have protection from buyer/seller think again!
Mar 26 2015
Paypal Credit Paypal Wrongly charged fees Internet
Paypal charged me over $100 most of that in added fees on the top of a $30 purchase that was supposed to be extracted directly from my checking account.
Feb 21 2015
Paypal Sellers - Be Aware of Paypal - They don't have your back Internet
So i had my reservations about selling one of my cameras on ebay to countries listed as possibly problamatic, but ebay keeps pushing this sell your items worlwide campaign, as if implying they have your best at interest.  So I get this buyer from India and I sell my digital camera to him. He pays me, I ship it the next day to India. 24 hours later I get a message from paypal that they can't verify this persons information. So I say Great! does that mean I just shipped freebies half away around the world? They assure me that all is good and they wont do a chargeback on my account. Fastfoward 4 months later... it's now February and I decided to log in to my paypal account to check my balance. I see there is some type of un-resloved dispute, sure enough it's the same person in India claiming he never recieved his camera. Paypal initiates a chargeback with out ever notifying me of anything at all! No email, No phone call, No nothing... because I keep a copy of all my emails on a server and can back check almost 2 years of emails I'm absolutely positive thet never contacted me. So I start the process of disputing this chargeback, paypal asks for proof of shipment. I thought Great! I keep all my receipts, all  I have to do is dig threw 4 months of receipts. Sure enough I find the receipt with the tracking number or Customs form number when shipping overseas. I scan it and upload it to there resolution center. 2 days later I check my paypal account online because once again I'm not getting any emails from them or any type of contact even though they have my current email (it's like they're hoping I will forget or something) Paypal initiates a full charge back to this scammer in India. So now I'm out $150.00 and Paypal has closed the case, which means no more arguing their decision. Now I'm trying to contact this buyer personally and I find out that he is no longer a registered user on ebay. I mean seriuosly... can paypal get someone in there that has at least half a brain! You don't have to be a genious to figure out what just hapened. So to everyone out there reading this, especially if your a seller on ebay. Becareful of Paypal because they do not have your back.
May 18 2017
PayPal PayPal Won't Release My Customers' Money London Internet
My account has been limited for 2 weeks and PayPal are holding $25,000 of my customers' money. I've had 5-6 promises that the account will be resolved the next day and then they keep asking for more documents. I've asked my customers to file a chargeback on their payments and they can pay me by other means. I'm finished with PayPal. Never again will I trust a single penny of my customers' money with them!
Jul 22 2017
PayPal extra Mastercard Ripoff PayPal MasterCard Extra
 I have a extra PayPal MasterCard and because I pay my balance in full each month rather than the minimum amount that is due at the time they block and hold my money for my protection because they say I pay more than the amount due. which don't make any sense to me...
Entity:
Sep 22 2017
Paypal and eBay Paypal Defrauded Me Of USD$7,500.00 La Vista Nationwide
On September 21st, 2017 my company Glorious Media Group and our client, a Paypal member of over 15 years suffered great loss when Paypal systems placed a hold on a payment identical to previous payments spreading over ayear period, thereby disrupting our relationship with an existing client. When contacted, low level Paypal customer support as well as Paypal supervisors continued to repeat like a broken record that: The hold could not be lifted in spite of the fact Paypal fees were deducted from the said account, and worse, that a refund could not be processed leaving USD$7,500.00 in Paypal's bank roll account, but worse, my client without USD$7,500.00 in his Paypal account... No solution was offered other than wait and pray my client's money would eventually be released by by bank, in this case, Paypal Blood Suckers LLC. The smart thing to do moving forward? To avoid 3% Paypal fees & 14 business day holds, I plan on getting paid in BTC, ETH or LTC. Plus, trusting Paypal to keep my personal information and business details safe is foolish. BOTTOM LINE: Paying Paypal to place a HOLD on my HARD EARNED money, now that's just plain STUPID! So long Paypal! You have always been a fraud... To him who has an ear, let him hear. #TGBTG
Jan 13 2002
PayPal is an exercise in frustation, ripoff experience
Way back in early November I bought an Item on eBay and used PayPal to pay for the item. As I pressed the enter key I noticed that the default bank listed was one I did not wish to use. To late, I couldn't take that keystroke back, however I read on the next page that if the bank refused the electronic transfer it would automatically bill my credit card. Simple, I thought. I quickly called the bank and asked them to refuse the electronic transfer. The item was paid for by my credit card. Simple..no problem, right??? NOPE!!! That was over 2 months ago. Today is Jan 13. I've faxed bank statements and my driver's license ID, THREE TIMES!...they kept claiming they couldn't find the faxes! WHOA,is that frightening: a finacial institution misplacing sensitive customer data, repeatedly. They say they finally have the faxes and now they've just asked me for an affidavit but are not telling me from whom and what it's suppose to testify to and NOT giving me an address to sent it to. I've e-mailed PayPal 12 times over this restricted account and to date I've received only 4 cryptic demands for documentation. It take anywhere from a week and a half to three weeks to get a response each time. This is a SLOOOOOW process. Actually I wouldn't even care except that they have $125 of mine which I can't get to to close-out my account. They refuse to give me a phone number to call or an address to write to. You can't believe how frustrating an experience this is!!! I wish someone had warned me about PayPal...so be forewarned, if they ever restrict your account you can kiss off any funds you may have in that account. You've been warned.
Nov 25 2002
Paypal ripff fraud scam Worldwide Internet
SKANK PAYPAL STOLE MY MONEY AND RESTRICTED MY ACCOUNT PAYPAL IS A RIPOFF! ..... I just want to ad my 2 cents worth about Paypal the biggest ripoff in the world! I logged into my account a few days ago to transfer funds into my checking account as I do after ebay payments are made, to find that Paypal seized my funds and accused me of initiating a chargeback on 11/21/02 of which I did not do. I wasn't even at home or near a computer or phone as I was on vacation! Paypal won't even devulge an amount of the chargeback or anything! They simply say in order for me to fix and restore my account with them to full I am to deposit an undisclosed sum of money into my paypal account to reimburse them for some alledged chargeback they say I initiated on 11/21/02! Even if I wanted to restore my account I could not because Paypal dosen't say ho much, who or anything!!!!!!! In the meantime, Paypal has stolen my funds, I have to send the ebay customer his merchandise for free, as I don't get paid!!!!! Paypal get;s paid instead!!!!!! Paypal just ignores me, won't reply or anything!!!! I have since stopped using them of course..... Now I only accept money orders and checks for my ebay auctions... Now that ebay has bought Paypal, I will most likely quit doing business with them as well and go to Yahoo auctions instead to sell my things!!!!!! I have since take all my money out of my checking account that I have attached to Paypal and moved it to a different account for safety sake, plus I alerted all my credit card companies to not allow any transactions to go thorugh with regards to Paypal..... We as consimers need to satnd together and fight PAYPAL to the bitter end!!!!!! We will win as they are clearly corrupt with gangnster mentality who have no morals whatsoever! They need to be drummed out of businee and the CEO's and other need to be jailed!!!!! CONSUMERS beware!!!! By the way, about chargebacks? We as consumers have the right to dispute any and all fraudulent charges done on our credit cards any damn time it's needed or as we want! Dosen't make a bit of difference what Paypal may say or think!!!! Just an ending thought.. Dennis Northwest, Oregon
50, Report #19545
Apr 25 2002
Paypal Electroinic Bank Fraud consumer fraud ripoff Internet
Be very careful when using paypal online for any reason. When sending a electronic tarnsaction I accidently entered on number too many in the amount to be sent. I was sending 120. too much..so I used the back button to correct this and then proceeded to send the correct amount. Guess what? both transactions were sent. I immeadiately tried to cancel the transaction but it would not let me. I contacted the seller who I was sending the money to and they canceled on their end (thank goodness for honest people) but paypal would not let me cancel. I tried to contact them but after several frustrating hours I finally found a phone number for them in the terms and agreement section. When I contacted them they said there was nothing they could do. So this is what happened...They withdrew both amounts from my bank account with overdrew my account. My bank charged me overdraft charges. The money was put into an account on paypal..I sent it right back to my bank but it took 8 days fot this all to happen. In that time my bank charged me 22 overdraft charges at $28. per fee. I contacted my bank and tried to explain what happened..they said since it was an online transaction there was nothing they could do. I was so very upset as I am on social security and do not have the funds available to me to replace this money. The good new is that there is a site called classactionamerica.com that has a class action law suit listed for paypal! If anyone else out there was ripped off by paypal then you need to find out how to join this law suit! Until then...do not make ANY typo mistakes when sending money! Sally Clinton, Montana

Showing 26-50 | Showing Page 2 of 321