PAYPAL Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: PayPal

There may be more reports for "PayPal"

For more results perform a general search for "PayPal"

Showing 76-100 of 7,977 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "PayPal"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jan 13 2002
PayPal is an exercise in frustation, ripoff experience
Way back in early November I bought an Item on eBay and used PayPal to pay for the item. As I pressed the enter key I noticed that the default bank listed was one I did not wish to use. To late, I couldn't take that keystroke back, however I read on the next page that if the bank refused the electronic transfer it would automatically bill my credit card. Simple, I thought. I quickly called the bank and asked them to refuse the electronic transfer. The item was paid for by my credit card. Simple..no problem, right??? NOPE!!! That was over 2 months ago. Today is Jan 13. I've faxed bank statements and my driver's license ID, THREE TIMES!...they kept claiming they couldn't find the faxes! WHOA,is that frightening: a finacial institution misplacing sensitive customer data, repeatedly. They say they finally have the faxes and now they've just asked me for an affidavit but are not telling me from whom and what it's suppose to testify to and NOT giving me an address to sent it to. I've e-mailed PayPal 12 times over this restricted account and to date I've received only 4 cryptic demands for documentation. It take anywhere from a week and a half to three weeks to get a response each time. This is a SLOOOOOW process. Actually I wouldn't even care except that they have $125 of mine which I can't get to to close-out my account. They refuse to give me a phone number to call or an address to write to. You can't believe how frustrating an experience this is!!! I wish someone had warned me about PayPal...so be forewarned, if they ever restrict your account you can kiss off any funds you may have in that account. You've been warned.
Entity: Nationwide
Jun 23 2002
PayPal ripoff brooklyn New York
I am sold my merchandises to one company. Them paid all money to my account PayPal ($31,000.-). But PayPal take this money from my account somewhere and I am now bankruptcy. What I can do now. PayPal said, the money what I received to my account are not clear.But I forward all merchandises to company. I am loosed all, merchandises, money. Jiri jiri key west, Florida Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on PayPal
Entity: brooklyn, New York
Nov 25 2002
Paypal ripff fraud scam Worldwide Internet
SKANK PAYPAL STOLE MY MONEY AND RESTRICTED MY ACCOUNT PAYPAL IS A RIPOFF! ..... I just want to ad my 2 cents worth about Paypal the biggest ripoff in the world! I logged into my account a few days ago to transfer funds into my checking account as I do after ebay payments are made, to find that Paypal seized my funds and accused me of initiating a chargeback on 11/21/02 of which I did not do. I wasn't even at home or near a computer or phone as I was on vacation! Paypal won't even devulge an amount of the chargeback or anything! They simply say in order for me to fix and restore my account with them to full I am to deposit an undisclosed sum of money into my paypal account to reimburse them for some alledged chargeback they say I initiated on 11/21/02! Even if I wanted to restore my account I could not because Paypal dosen't say ho much, who or anything!!!!!!! In the meantime, Paypal has stolen my funds, I have to send the ebay customer his merchandise for free, as I don't get paid!!!!! Paypal get;s paid instead!!!!!! Paypal just ignores me, won't reply or anything!!!! I have since stopped using them of course..... Now I only accept money orders and checks for my ebay auctions... Now that ebay has bought Paypal, I will most likely quit doing business with them as well and go to Yahoo auctions instead to sell my things!!!!!! I have since take all my money out of my checking account that I have attached to Paypal and moved it to a different account for safety sake, plus I alerted all my credit card companies to not allow any transactions to go thorugh with regards to Paypal..... We as consimers need to satnd together and fight PAYPAL to the bitter end!!!!!! We will win as they are clearly corrupt with gangnster mentality who have no morals whatsoever! They need to be drummed out of businee and the CEO's and other need to be jailed!!!!! CONSUMERS beware!!!! By the way, about chargebacks? We as consumers have the right to dispute any and all fraudulent charges done on our credit cards any damn time it's needed or as we want! Dosen't make a bit of difference what Paypal may say or think!!!! Just an ending thought.. Dennis Northwest, Oregon
Feb 24 2003
Paypal ripoff Omaha Nebraska
I had earned money taking quizes on www.itpaystolearn.com. In order to get the money that I earned from itpaystolearn I had to deposit the money into a Paypal account. When the money was tranferred to paypal, paypal thought that I was requesting money to be sent to itpaystolearn. Paypal took money out of my bank account,causing my bank account to become overdrawn. The money that I earned was sent back to itpaystolearn. I called Paypal. I spoke to a male represenative. He said that according to their records I had requested money to be sent to itpaystolean and that itpaystolearn's fualt that money was taken out of my bank account and that it is itpaystolearn's fualt that my bank account in overdrawn and that I need to contact itpaystolearn and take the problem up with them. On my online bank statement it shows that Paypal withdawn from my bank account. On My Paypal account it shows where Paypal sent a payment to itpaystolearn and it shows that paypal took money out of my account to pay itpaystolearn. John Cheyenne, WyomingU.S.A.
Entity: Omaha, Nebraska
Feb 01 2012
PayPal PayPal's Hidden Ripoff Policies Internet
On January 18, 2012, a customer registered for an event on our website and paid through PayPal. We confirmed her registration via email. The event is to be held this weekend, Feb. 3-5, 2012.On Sunday Jan. 29, 2012, we recieved a notice from PayPal telling us the customer did not know who charged her card and that PayPal was opening an investigation.I immediately responded to PayPal that I had no idea about this and that I would contact the customer right away. As I was typing the email to the customer, within 4 minutes of the PayPal email, I received a email from PayPal saying the investigation was complete and the charges were reversed back to the customer. I completed the email to the customer as well as made 5 attampts to contact her by phone. No answers from either.Later that day I researched PayPal's site to see if I can respond to this and to submit the proof of registration and a copy of the registration stating a cancellation fee of $35 would apply if cancelled prior to 30 of the event. I found that once the case is closed, there is no means for the merchant to appeal. I then wrote a email to their cistomer service with the information hoping they would direct me as to how I can appeal. No reply what-so-ever.Last night, Jan 31, the customer's husband called via phone. He told us he had received the emails and that his wife was out of town but was returning for the weekend event. He said that there must be a problem on PayPal's part and that he would take care of it. One hour later, he called again saying that his wife was out of town on family business ans that she will not make it to the event and that she woud hopefully make an event at another time. He did not want to discuss a cancellation charge.It is now clear that she (the customer) found that if she used PayPal to reverse the charges, she would not have to pay the cancellation fee with us.Today, Feb 1, I called and talk with a PayPal representative. She explained that the reversal was correct and when asked about our cancellation fee, she said they do not get involved wit that! She said that any time a customer did not know who cahrged their card, they take that very serious and normally reverse the charges. I asked why i did not get the chance to submit any proof that she registered for this event, and proof that she was coming with a friend with her name clearly on the email to us. Te rep told me that they have closed the case and there was nothing more she could do about it.The one interesting comment the representative said was, If the merchant is selling a service, the seller does not have the same guarantee or protection as if they were selling merchandise I find that vey interesting!! I understand that selling merchandise normally includes shipping and proof of shipping is a factor of proof for the merchant however, This goes far beyond that.Wheather it be proof of shipping or proof of registration including the customer's email, what is the difference? Why was I not allowed to submit the proof?All I was requesting was the $35 cancellation fee. Now I am out the entire amount. I believe PayPal is wrong on their handling of this transaction and I have completely lost trust in PayPal.
Apr 10 2012
Paypal buyer lied to get refund Internet, California
Sold an item to a buyer more than a month ago on March 2, 2012 and he paid thru Paypal. On March 23, 2012, he filed a non-receipt dispute with Paypal because I couldn't ship it out right away because I was at my father's house for almost two weeks helping him thru personal problems. The funny thing though is that he received the item on the same day that he filed. About 1-2 weeks ago, he lied to me and said that the item didn't work so I had him send the item back to me and I would give him a refund. When I got the item back, I saw that the item works and I sent it back to him and he refused. I told him that since the item works, it doesn't count under my return policy on my store at  http://www.bonanza.com/booths/more_details/EugeneWE He lied to paypal and got a refund even though he lied. He claimed that he couldn't find case for the tablet. It's a 9.7 tablet and you can find cases for them. He tried to claim that he can't use a stylus (touch screen pen) even though my ad said that it's a touch screen. But the doozy is that he wanted a refund because Netflix doesn't run right on the tablet. This has nothing to do with the tablet, many people are reporting problems running Netflix on many tablets. He claims that Youtube doesn't work on the tablet even though I got many apps to run thru Google Play (Android Market). Paypal is a scam. They give refunds to the buyers even when the buyer is lying. They give refunds to buyers even when you have a refund policy.
Entity: Internet, California
Jul 06 2012
PayPal Took Refunded Money Internet
I am filing a report recently I purchased a e book from a vendor and was not satisfied. I asked for a refund and he provided it. Then i checked my paypal account it said my purchase was refunded and transferred to my bank. I looked at my bank account and I do not see the money refunded money from paypal. I emailed them numerous times, and they seemed uninterested and have not even responded. They basically scammed me for my money.
Nov 19 2009
PayPal Protects scam websites Internet
PayPal allows the use of their website for a website scam via their merchant: Goldicq International Inc at GoldicqCS@gmail.com.  The merchant takes payment via PayPal for virtual goods.  The merchant does not deliver or refund: the merchant steals money.  PayPal refuses to investigate or cite the merchant claiming virtual goods cannot be traced.  PayPal is complicit with the website fraud, collecting money on each fraudulent transaction by the scamming website. It would be easy for PayPal to confirm the existence of a scamming merchant by following the same purchase in a consumer complaint.  They would see firsthand that the merchant is a fraud.  While this may not be evidence enough to return money to other consumers, it should be evidence enough to terminate the use of PayPal by that merchant.  Instead PayPal continues to let the merchant run their scam and further profits from that scam.
Entity: Internet, Internet
84, Report #519863
Nov 05 2009
paypal HOLDING $5000, Internet
PAYPAL AND EBAY ARE EVIL!. EBAY BOUGHT PAYPAL AND NOW THEY OPERATE TOGETHER MAKING MILLIONS OFF BIG SELLERS LIKE ME. THEY CHARGE RIDICULOUS FEES AND HOLD FUNDS ILLEGALLY TO EARN INTEREST ON MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!.EBAY DOES NOT LET ANY OTHER ONLINE PAYMENT PROCESSOR ON ITS AUCTION PAGES. THEY FORCE YOU TO ACCEPT PAYPAL ONLY PAYPAL CHARGES 3% FOR EVERY PAYMENT YOU RECEIVE AND 3.9% FOR INTERNATIONAL INCOMING PAYMENTS. THEY BOTH MAKE TONS OF PROFIT BY THIS MONOPOLY. PAYPAL FROZE MY ACCOUNT AFTER 8 YEARS OF HAVING A VERIFIED ACCOUNT. I WAS SELLING HIGH END PHONES WITH PERFECT RECORD. I'M NOW PLATINUM POWERSELLER ON EBAY WITH TOP RATED SELLER AWARD.PAYPAL FROZE MY ACCOUNT SAYING YOU HAVE CHARGEBACKS AND WE NEED TO CLOSE IT. THIS IS A BUSINESS DECISION NOTHING PERSONAL!. THE CHARGEBACK CASES WERE ALL IN MY FAVOR BECAUSE I HAVE PROOF OF EVERY SINGLE SHIPMENT WITH BUYER'S SIGNATURE. PAYPAL SELLER PROTECTION ELIGIBLE ETC. I CAN MAKE A VERY NICE LAWSUIT BUT I NEED MORE SELLERS LIKE ME. I DO NOT HAVE FUNDS TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST A GIANT ONLINE BUSINESS LIKE THIS I WISH I COULD DO SOMETHING!.PAYPAL DOES NOTHING TO PROTECT ITS HONEST SELLERS. ITS ALL ABOUT THEIR PROFITS. IF PAYPAL THINKS THEY WILL LOSE MONEY THEY CAN CLOSE ANY ACCOUNT!. I'VE PAID THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN FEES! BOTH EBAY AND PAYPAL. I WAS PAYING $3K A MONTH LAST YEAR CHRISTMAS SEASON ALONE!!.PAYPAL FROZE MY ACCOUNT WITH 5K IN IT. AND I CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. PAYPAL IF YOU ARE READING THIS I'M AFTER YOU!. AND I WILL TAKE VENGEANCE.I AM WARNING EVERYONE WHO IS TRYING TO DO BUSINESS ON EBAY. DO YOUR RESEARCH ON GOOGLE THERE ARE LOTS OF SELLERS LIKE ME
Nov 21 2009
PAYPAL does not protect consumer!!!!! Internet
Filed a complaint with paypal over the bootleg dvd I recieved from jfsales51 using the www.ecrater.com platform. When they resolved in less than 90 minutes I called. Laurie from Paypal informed that I am only protected if I make a purchase from ebay and ebay only. I have no recourse if I purchase anything from any other store whatsoever unless the item does not arrive. I am closing my paypal account and will use my charge card from now on. At least they will let me dispute it when I get ripped off. Kari ST louis, mo
Entity: Internet, Internet
Mar 06 2009
Paypal Stole money from my Mortgage Account Alabama
Paypal decided to relieve me and my partner of $624.46 on the 16th Feb,09, it has taken me nearly 4 weeks and jumping through hoops to try and prove to them that I had nothing to do with this deduction from our account, I have been made to feel like an idiot, because the Yank chicks you speak to talk so fast that you cant even understand them,then just talk over the top of you. Some Yank Kevin V. we will call him, decided to set me up some WoW account, now after checkin on the internet WoW is a game like Dungeons and Dragons see Im 42 and thats the closest I can come too,all played on the Internet, yeah I'd be into that, NOT. How can this happen, that your money is not safe in your Savings account, Im not saying my Bank has a lot to answer for, but they showed me the paper work from Paypal saying it was a Direct Debit and they had already tried to steal $702.50 two weeks before, so I got charged $80.00 from my bank for overdrawn account, I have spent a total of 5 hours and 42 minutes, ringing a 1800 number and being on hold, cos thats supposed to calm you down, well i just got more p-ssed off, I have contacted the Age paper, they want to do a story once it resolved, I dont think so. I want to bring Patpal to there knees. I work at Griffith University on the Gold Coast as a Chef so I have told all the kids to not get mixed up with this company, I have posted signs all over campus, and I will do what ever I can to stop anyone using this complete scam of a business. Lisa ParkwoodAustralia Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on PayPal
Entity: Alabama
May 24 2009
Paypal software glitch helps scams Internet
Paypal software glitch lets scammers complete transactions without your verification. Three times, when paying with Paypal, the first screen comes up with the transaction source vendor with the instructions to hit continue to verify the charge. When hitting continue the transaction immediately completes without your verification or authorization. Consumers should be very careful about using Paypal until they get their software fixed. I have used Paypal many times in the past without this problem. This problem also happened on Driver Detective when the initial charge was $29 on the first page but the second page never came up to see that the real charge was $38. Paypal has always been a reliable method of payment but maybe not any more. John Tucson, ArizonaU.S.A.
Apr 15 2009
Paypal Buyer protection - NO help Omaha Nebraska
After three Buyer complaint filings, paypal has decided the thief( the seller of a laptop on Ebay ) has provided proof of shipping. What I do know is: The seller indeed sent a parcel to my hometown. The parcel was 4 onces at a priority poistage of $ 4.20. The AC adapter weighs more than 4 ounces ! . What paypal failed to do in their so-called investigation although requested was to abtain from the seller an original copy of the reciept showing the address, the date shiped, the weight and the postage. This was too easy, but of course the tracking numbers confirm shipment to my city BUT NOT to my address, not does the postage and weight support any portion of a laptop purchase. This is a bunch of crap and others have informed me of paypal's weakness. That means I could sell someone an item for $ 500.00, send them 2 pencils and confirm they recieved the $500 item and get away with it via paypal !!! BUYERS: Beware of using paypal !! Bottom line !! Vetteguy53081 Sheboygan, WisconsinU.S.A.
Entity: Omaha, Nebraska
Apr 29 2011
Paypal Owe me Hundreds of $$$ Internet
I bought a bunch of stuff on ebay totalling several hundred dollars. I used paypal to pay and they are suppose to protect your money against fraud. When I made the claim I never got the items they limited my account and refused to pay for the merchandise I never received. I'm still out like $600.
Aug 14 2011
Paypal Alleged charge-back scam Internet
I had used Ebay in the past, in fact from the beginning. I always accepted checks, money orders and then Ebay introduced Paypal. The relationship advanced much further than that, Ebay bought the Paypal business! Then, of course, what followed was pure manipulation. Ebay changed their requirements of payment 'for the safety of the Ebay community' and forced you to accept Paypal payments. This manimpulation was done soley with the intent of 'double-dipping' their business. Ebay gets paid on every end.I sold many items via Ebay and usually had people contact me to purchase collectibles because they had seen previous auctions ads. One such occurence has left me with a $3,000 deficit because Paypal charged back my account.The collectibles I sold were two one-ounce gold piece. Someone had emailed me from Japan wishing to purchase the gold. I should point out it is not unusual for people outside the United States to purchase gold and silver in these difficult financial times. Paper money is becoming worthless and obsolete. I had sold many of the one-ounce gold pieces previously but this was the first time outside the country (Japan). I thought I would have to take many precautions to be safe. I didn't know I would have to take precautions against Paypal.I sold the item and it was paid for. Paypal sent me an email verifying the transaction was complete. They did hold the funds a few days until I got this verification. I emailed the buyer, Idejuki Tanada, that it was my policy to clear the funds; send them to my bank; withdraw the funds to make sure we're dealing with 'real money' and not just some wire transfer.I did all of the above. After taking what I thought was every precaution, I mailed the item Federal Express to Japan. I still have original mail documentation.  After the item was received, about a week passed and I received an email from Paypal. They were reversing the charge, claiming the credit card company would not pay. Card company said the card was used without consent and/or stolen.  Paypal said they would do everything to 'stand behind me'. I said I expected that as I am an eleven-year customer.Needless to say, they explained chargebacks are my fault. I responded with, 'who is responsible for the card? If it was not reported stolen prior to alleged false use, the card bearer should be responsible'. They couldn't even tell me which credit card company it was. So much for 'being in my corner'.  Because of Paypal's neglect of telling me the purchase was verified, my account remains at -$3034. They have sent it to a collection agency and are trying to harass the money out of me.Going forward, I can not use Ebay because the two companies are tied together.Paypal and Ebay have joined hands to ripoff many people. Ebay is not what it once was, 'the world's largest garage sale'. I would like to hear from anyone else who has been charged back a significant amount of money, as I have. There is a website, (((ROR redacted))) dedicated to more ripoffs. Where's the class action suit? CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Oct 13 2010
ebay and paypal are scammers, Internet
Ebay and paypal steal peoples money. They allow scammers to steal peoples money and product. They help the scammers.
Sep 24 2010
PayPal only cares about your money, Internet
Paypal allows scamming and fraud purchases using their services and its the honest seller that pays the price. I sold a Rolex on Ebay in April of 2010 for extra cash cause my wife was expecting our first daughter. They guy used Paypal for the purchase, I get paid, I mail the watch. One month later, I get an email about a negative balance of 3,000 on my account. What happended was the buyer of my watch stole a paypal user account (my guess through some phishing scam) and used it to transact through their service. Paypal gives all the money back to the guy who had his account stolen, ofcourse Paypal is not going to take responsibility for fraud that goes on with their service, so I am the one that gets stuck for 3 grand, and I am out my watch. I wouldn't recomment Paypal to my worst enemy, and I would HIGHLY recommend anyone using their site to READ the Terms and conditions. If you want to take them to court, you have to either fly to California or Nebraska (or some place). They are crooks that allow people to be scammed and take no responsibility for it.
Sep 19 2012
PAYPAL The Federal Phenomenon Internet
I ran into an interesting phenomenon a while back - I call it The Federal Phenomenon: when you start talking to some of these stubborn and reluctant Companies about involving the Feds, their attitude changes completely! Obviously, they dont want any Federal agencies coming around asking questions, nor do they want more Federal laws and regulations applying to them and their Companies. Ive used this in the past (with Humana Right Source, for one, when they wanted to charge me $3,000 for a little bottle of eye drops and $4,000 for another little bottle of eye drops), and I had occasion to use it today with PayPal! I ordered some software from a Company a coupla months ago, which was supposed to set up a website or 2 (10, actually, but I never got beyond #2). They insisted that I use their web hosting Company, probably because they were getting a commission off the deal! I used my PayPal account to pay for it. When the whole deal began to go sour, I promptly closed the websites and changed the nameservers (which are obtained thru a different Company, this time for free, which aim the prospective customer to the website on that particular web host). I notified the software Company and the web hosting Company that I had done this, that the software did not work as stated, that I could get almost no technical support from them, and that I wanted a refund! Of course, they ignored my E-Mails! So, I filed a claim thru PayPal for a refund, stating that it was a Fraud! That it had been misrepresented! That these people only wanted the $$$ and that I intended to pursue it as far as possible. Then I began a long agonizing process of calling and continuing to call PayPal, to follow up on my claim. It is a real pain in the kazoo to try to get thru PayPals phone system, as they put a bunch of recorded messages on first, one has to prove who is calling by entering the correct phone number + the last 4 digits of the primary account-holders Soc. Security Number, and such. Then a syruppy-sounding lady keeps asking what I want. I try to tell her that I want to talk to a live human being, but of course, the dumb machine is not programmed to recognize this as a response. They continue to kill time by trying to send me an E-Mail about some of their policies, and such! I continue to press * and # and 0 and whatever other keys I think may disconnect the syruppy-sounding machine and get me thru to a live human being. Eventually, usually after 7-8 minutes (Ive actually timed it, and thats no lie), it will connect me with some sweet gal in the Philippines, who knows absolutely nothing except how to speak English and halfway sound like she is in the U.S. I always ask if she is in the Philippines! Usually, they are startled by this question, as they think they are fooling someone! After killing some more time with these people, trying to explain what I want, they usually connect me with someone in the U.S., especially after they realize that they (a) dont know what Im talking about (b) cant help me (c) all the above! PayPal dragged its feet, taking the side of the seller, stating that it was not a physical product but instead that it was a digital product, in other words, the purchase was for a virtual, digital, or intangible item, which is not covered under PayPal Purchase Protection.  We only cover claims involving physical items that can be shipped and tracked. There was no tracking number, nothing was shipped (as the software was a download), there was no item to be received, nada, zilch! So, I kept calling PayPal, and the web hosting Company kept trying to tap my PayPal account! One lady suggested I close the PayPal Debit Card, which I did, and apply for another one (which I havent done yet until I get a final resolution on this claim). Another man said the web hosting Company had created a second invoice in order to tap my account. I kept getting all kinds of run-around. PayPal kept trying to decide in favor of the seller, close the claim, and such. I filed a Fraud Complaint with the F.T.C. (Federal Trade Commission), even tho the total was only slightly over a hundred $$$. After talking to PayPal again this past Mon., I called the F.T.C. again and added PayPal as a party to the Fraud Complaint, since they kept stalling, finding in favor of the seller, and such; I stated that PayPal was a part of the Fraud process, that they were making $$$ off these fraudulent transactions, and such. In talking to PayPal again this week, I (of course) got their Philippine people and Puerto Rica (I think) people first, as they feed callers there first, then transfer them to someone in the U.S., if needed. The foreigners could care less about the F.T.C. - in fact, some of them dont even know what it is! But those in the U.S. look at it an entirely different way! At first, I began to tell the U.S. Help people that I planned to add PayPal to the Fraud Complaint with the F.T.C., and nothing changed. Then I began to tell them that I had actually added paypal to the fraud complaint with the f.t.c. - and then everything began to change! I also added that I plan to send an E-Mail to my Congressman, recommending that new laws be passed which would regulate PayPal as a bank, which it is not! It is a financial institution that provides Internet services to expedite payments, but it is not a bank! So, therefore it is NOT regulated by the F.D.I.C. (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) like the banks are! When I began talking along these lines, about involving the Feds, their attitude at PayPal changed completely! Suddenly, instead of giving me the old run-around, that they would take my case under advisement, and send it to the right department (kinda like a bank loan where they have to send it to the committee and the committee doesnt meet until next Monday - Ive heard this before!), I found that the person I was talking with, had the authority to make a decision right then, and it was in my favor! He immediately credited my account for the amount claimed! And, of course, he took it out of the software Companys account! I was really surprised, in a way; yet in another way, I got to thinking about it, and I realized that they dont want any new Federal regulations or some Federal officials coming around asking questions! Remember this, as you may be able to use it to expedite a claim in the future! Stanislaus End of posting.
Aug 23 2012
PayPal PayPal's supposed buyer protection Internet
On 20-06-2012 I placed on online order with a Hong Kong company, and authorized a PayPal Payment. 23-06 I received a message that the payment was rejected (not enough funds, as it turned out). 23-06 to cut corners, I logged into my PayPal account and made the payment manually 30-06 K.O Gadget Store confirmed that they received my payment. 16-07 I got shipping confirmation from K.O Gadget Store 26-07 K.O Gadget Store used my authorization from 20-06 and... charged my AGAIN. I wrote to them, twice, no response, so - believing in PayPal's buyer protection assurances - I contacted them about it. There were two options to choose from: goods not received and unauthorized account access. Had I opted for the first, I probably would have gotten my money back, but I opted for the second. PayPal responded very promptly indeed: we investigated, and there was no unauthorized account access. Which _formally_ is correct, but they could see all the history, the same order number in both payments, yet what did they choose to protect? Their transaction fee, it seems to me.
Mar 06 2013
Paypal Bank account overdrafting, Fraudulent activity Internet
I actually have a couple of complaints against Paypal. Paypal has a horrible habit of withdrawing funds from attached bank accounts without checking to see if the sufficient funds are even available, even when you tell them not to use the bank account as a funding source. They have overdrawn my bank account on three separate occasions, including most recently when they linked my paypal account to my ebay account as an automatic transaction, which I didn't authorize, each time they siphoned funds out of my bank account without my authorization, even when I provided an alternate funding source without the bank account as the source. In addition, they take the funds from your bank account, however, do not report that they took the funds to your financial institution until several hours later, which makes it difficult to figure out ledger balances (When you are unsure of which account was charged) and if they actually charge the proper account. Which is so unlike any other business, which posts transactions within seconds of charging any type of account. I was forced to contact the sellers several times that paypal had made unauthorized transactions to the wrong accounts, which the sellers had refunded, however, the funds never returned directly back to the bank account, and they would force me to will out an ACH transaction after placing a 5-day hold on my refunded funds.
Aug 01 2013
paypal Robert 36047 mastercard debit scam internet
 on july 16 i went to a wilco hess station with the intent and purpose to buy one of these paypal Mastercards. Having been familiar with greendot cards i thought this would have better expanded functionality. Not even a lttle bit. It costs $4.95 base fee + 4.95 subscription with the latter fee being taken after 36 hours. On the box it says you may call or go online to activate. That is a lie. You may only call, because everyone with a temporary card (i.e. store bought) has a block placed on it. It takes two to three days to connect to a preexisting paypal account. So there is no way to keep your $4.95 subscription if you dont call them and only call them. The packaging is misleading and will more often result in an extrs $4.95 taken from you. Robert the paypal supervisor i spoke with was vague and dodgy asserting 9/10 people can use their cards within the first 36 hours. Error after error, long wait. Afted long wait 20 minute wait average on their phones today....
Oct 20 2008
Paypal Ripoff Internet
I opened a paypal account with no social security number required. I now have over $1600 in payments that I have recieved and they have limited my account access and will not let me have my money. They said it is because they have determined it to be high risk account, though I have had no complaints filed nor anyone say they have not recieved an item. Now that my account is closed I will not be able to ship the last of the items totaling over $800. The other $800 in account has been shipped and positive feedback has been left but they are refusing to release my money even though they have confirmation that the buyers are happy and rcieved there items. Wandernblonde chino valley, ArizonaU.S.A.
May 26 2013
Paypal Prepaid card redemption runaround  Internet
I have money on a Paypal prepaid debit card and they will not give me the money. I have the card and I have sent them the requested ID which was my drivers lic., soc. sec. card and utility bill. Now they say they want the purchase receipt. I did not lose the card. I do not have that receipt and the purchase receipt should only be needed if you lose the card. They asked to speak to a minor, my son. I believe this is illegal. They said his name was involved. I told them he is a minor. This is a classic  Big business runaround game they are playing. Initially they said they wanted the three forms of ID now they want a receipt. They keep increasing the demands. They are stealing my money.
Oct 20 2000
PayPal completely unfair
www.paypal.com made recent policy changes that were completely unfair. The company was offering registered users a $5 bonus for referrals. I had three (3) referrals sign up for the service, but was only paid for one (1). I have been told that their policy changed on 10/09/00, and only premier or business accounts will now receive the bonus. The problem? They did not send out a communication announcing the policy change until 10/11/00 (two days AFTER the new policy went into effect). To make matters worse, the two (2) referrals I was NOT paid for both signed up on 10/06/00 (BEFORE the policy change), but because of the NORMAL time it takes to verify accounts, their accounts were not considered verified until 10/10/00 (ONE DAY AFTER the policy change). This is the reason they are claiming I am not entitled to the referral bonuses I was PROMISED. Sounds just a little too convenient, doesn't it? I have sent SEVERAL letters to service@paypal.com , but all I receive are responses referring to the policy change. Don't you think a reasonable consumer is entitled to expect ADVANCE NOTICE of policy changes? I DO! I still think I am ENTITLED to the two (2) $5 referral bonuses I did NOT receive! How about you?
Entity: Palo Alto, California
Nov 04 2013
payPal no refund monies
 I filed a dispute with paypal because a seller(shoesworld)with a paypal account did not send my $120 order. I have spent hours on the phone to try to get this resolved to no avail. When reaching a paypal operator I am told this claim has been resolved in my favor and state they will send me an e-mail stating such Never get e-mail. When on 11/04 with paypal operator she dlayed and stalled while trying to send me this e-mail for over an hour. She orally confirmed everything was fine but would never get the e-mail through. So I am left waiting again to see if my credit card is credited.
Entity: Select State/Province