Customer satisfaction commitment: Primerica | Ripoff Report

Your Search: Primerica

There may be more reports for "Primerica"

For more results perform a general search for "Primerica"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Nov 19 2001
Primerica sued in Canada
EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report Investigation: Primerica gets a POSITIVE RATING in customer support from Rip-off Report and is fulfilling its commitment to provide excellent customer service. Primerica pledges to resolve complaints and address representative issues. For a long time this EDitor had concerns about Primerica because of the number of Reports about them. For many months Rip-off Report was looking into the company, even before they contacted us to resolve any issues and mostly misunderstandings being posted by competitors. With over 100,000 representatives and 6 million clients, Primerica is bound to be the subject of a certain number of complaints about improper agent conduct, as well as product and administrative complaints. Rip-Off's investigation found such complaints, but importantly also found that Primerica is committed to resolving such complaints quickly and doing everything possible to satisfy its clients. It also takes appropriate action against any of its representatives who are found to have conducted themselves improperly or unethically. We believe that the number of complaints against this company, whether through the Internet or other channels, is small when put into the context of its enormous size. Most big companies would never commit themselves like Primerica has. Read our investigative Report and Primerica's commitment to 100% consumer satisfaction.
Dec 28 2004
Primerica Primerica Rips Off Senior. Former Primerica exec convicted of bilking senior Citizen Duluth Georgia*UPDATE: Primerica offers a good business opportunity & stands behind its products & services- - Company Executives have told Rip-Off Report that Primerica pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future.
I wanted to repost under a more descriptive heading to get the message across what Primerica is capable of doing. Primerica is already known for being a fraudulent company. However it has stooped to a new low by stealing from a senior citizen through one of their executives as the following report will explain (reimbursing the victims doesn't excuse the crime that was committed). Former Primerica exec convicted of bilking senior A one-time regional vice president at Primerica Financial Services has pleaded guilty to felony grand theft following a California Department of Insurance investigation. Herbert Amos Jones of Bethel Island was sentenced to the 44 days he served in county jail and ordered to pay $25,000 in restitution to Primerica, which had already reimbursed victims for their losses. 'This case reflects the growing problem of financial elder abuse, said Insurance Commissioner John Garamendi in a statement released to the media on Friday. California insurance agents and brokers are put on notice that preying on senior citizens' hard earned - and usually very necessary funds - will not be tolerated.' Jones was arrested in Florida in September and extradited to California for prosecution by the Contra Costa County District Attorney's Office. The department's investigation had found that Jones, who surrendered his insurance license when he fled California, convinced a 69-year-old woman and her 38-year-old daughter to invest $25,000 with him. Jones diverted the mother-daughter funds, failed to secure valid proof of the investments, then submitted incomplete, falsified documents to the daughter in an effort to hide the crime, the department said. The investigation also showed that the daughter's U.S Postal Service pension plan was cleaned out, causing her additional tax penalties. Primerica's restitution included reimbursement of those penalties. The department said it believes there may other victims who had business dealings with Jones. 2004 American City Business Journals Inc. Stuart North Brunswick, New JerseyU.S.A.
Jan 07 2004
Primerica Friend got taken by Primerica Bellevue Nebraska*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
One of my friends fell for their line. I can't recall how much she paid, but it was $100's for signing up, taking insurance tests, real estate license, etc. We allowed her to come to our home with her recruiter. He wanted to sell us insurance. When we told him we had plenty ($75K for me, a stay-at-home-mom with children 10, 12 and 16; $600K for my husband). He then tried to convince us that even though our rates are LESS than he is charging, we should change because he can guarantee his rates won't change and my husband's employer can't do that. My husband has been at that company over 10 years and their premium increase rate so far would still mean us paying less by staying where we are, but he tried to convince us that paying more for insurance would help us financially. How??? We did ask about an interest rate for re-financing our mortgage. He then told us that he couldn't give us a rate because we don't do it like that. He 'explained' (actually avoided the question) by saying that what they do is a package so they don't actually have an interest rate. WHAT??? How can they write a mortage without an interest rate? I told him that I wasn't interested in insurance so if he wanted my business he would need to give me an interest rate. He declined. Now WHY would anybody who was honestly doing business (without trying to mislead somebody else and 'hide' in a package deal) not give me an interest rate. I went so far as to tell him I would ABSOLUTELY give him my mortgage if he provided me with a rate that was the same or better than what my bank was offering. He never even returned my call. Unfortunately for my friend, she is out all that money (got ZERO recruits. April will be 2 years since she signed up) and time she spent studying for all the tests. Cecelia Bellevue, NebraskaU.S.A.
Entity: Bellevue, Nebraska
Feb 06 2005
PRIMERICA I agree, Primerica uses questionable ways to lure you ripoff Tampa Florida*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I have read a lot of the reports and rebuttals on your rip-off website, and have to agree on all the the points. I was contacted at about 5.00 p.m. one evening by a recruiter, who told me that his company was expanding their operations in Tampa and I was referred to him by someone. He wemt on to say that he thought I may be qualified for a position of office manager in one of their Tampa's new offices, and asked me what kind of experience I had. I told him that I had long administrative experience, as well as extensive experience in sales. He went on to ask me if I could meet with him for an interview that same evening at 7. p.m. at his Brandon office. Since I live about an hours drive away, and was busy preparing a presentation for a client at the time, I said I would not be able to make it then, and he asked if we could me on Saturday morning at 8.15 a.m. I got quite excited, since I had been looking for a job for some time, and I hardly slept the night before. I promptly arrived at the address given to me, and at the building's lobby, I was asked to sign in, before I went up to the 12th floor. I got in the elevator with a few other people, thinking to myself, that this company must have a lot of people working on a Saturday. Well, the big red flag blew in my face, just as soon as the elevator doors opened, when I faced not an ordinary quiet office setting, but a crowd of people meandering. Before I had the time to turn around and get out, I was caught by one of the hosts who asked my name and the name of the person who contacted me. I felt trapped right then and there, but thought that since I had traveled all that way, I might as well hear what it was all about. By the way, the whole 12th floor consisted of two rooms, one completely empty, and the other we were guided to after a few minutes, with rows of fold-up chairs. Of course everyone knows the rest ..... same speel, same BS, to which at the point where rule 72 was being explained and so on, I raised my hand and asked a simple question, as to how safe, and what guarantees would Primerica provide to clients investing in Mutual funds, supposedly returning a 12% compounded interest. The answer was, we will get to that in a moment, which of course never happened. What struck me the most was, that while listening to these so called Vice-Presidents telling us that within two years they were making six figure incomes, I noticed that each and every one of them had taken the trouble to look dressed for success, but without much success at all. That told me a lot about the big picture. My face must have told a thousand stories, because as I filled in the form, giving out no information whatsoeve, but just writing a big no, before I even handed it back to my sponsor, he knew what the answer was. I was spitting mad, not only because I woke up so early on a Saturday morning and got myself ready for an interview only to waste my time, but at myself to for falling for it. I feel very sorry for the gullible people who grab the bait so easily, thinking that they finally stumbled upon the opportunity of a lifetime. Electra Lutz, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Tampa, Florida
Oct 07 2005
Primerica Primerica-ripoff fake job interview offer ..Thank you all! Oak Brook Illinois*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
10/7/05 Tom Berchos of Primerica called me saying that my resume was passed around the office and he was given my name and number to call me for an interview. I asked where they got my resume and he didn't know. He asked if I had ever heard of Primerica and I said yes, and he seemed jumpy almost nervous and asked how I know of them. I said I thought I had heard of them in the financial news, but couldn't rememeber. Tom then said they were related to Citibank and some other big company. He asked me about my work history, which I asked if my resume was passed around, why would he ask? He said he hadn't seen it so that's why he's asking me. Tom said he was interested in my work history and that he would like me to come in for an interview. I set a time and got all the necessary information such as address, directions and telephone number in case I got lost. Well, as I try to do before each interview, I did a google search on Primerica and BOOM!! all this bad information about the company popped up! Thank you all for writing and letting me know that this is a scam. I would have been very pissed to have taken the time and would have been polite enough to sit through their presentation, but never would have fallen for the scam of fee-based jobs! I'm not going to call them, I'm just not going to show up. I do, however, feel that they took advantage of me knowing that my resume was posted and that I am searching for a real job. Mc Park Ridge, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Oak Brook, Illinois
Nov 03 2015
Primerica Financial Services And (((REDACTED)))? Pyramid Primerica is what they should be called! Modesto California*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
The least they could do is admit that its a pyramid. This one is is listed on the BBB with 0 complaints; humm I wonder who handles that? To top that its been in business since 1977. Ripping people off for that long, What a shame. The saddest part is that there must be worse people out there than them because they actually helped some of these people by ripping them off less than what they were previously being ripped off (as far as homeowners with absolutely no clue about finances). So I guess you could say that Primerica does help people. If you call that helping them. Thats not the way I want to help someone. Another thing that really bothers me is that some of these people are well educated. I cant figure them out. Brainwash? Greed? Ignorance? Fools? These people are good at what they do. Good at getting people motivated. Good at convincing others as well as themselves that its all good. There is so much good going on in these meetings its hard to see any thing wrong with that. I dont appreciate be taken for the way that I was. I was up front and very honest with this person about my financial situation. I was desparate and now I feel like Ive been taken advantage of. Stephanie turlock, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Modesto, California
Jun 28 2004
Primerica Primerica only works if you do - Yeah right! - MLM Warning ripoff Dallas Texas*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Give me a break. These jokers are a complete waste of my time and MY MONEY. Why don't they just tell you directly, on the phone, what they want. They need you to MLM!!! You hear me?!! What part of that don't you guys understand. It's not a salaried position, benefits, company prodcurement card, etc.. I don't PAY someone to work. When I apply online, I don't want someone soliciting me a job and then saying I have to pay. What garbage. Now YOU pay me for my wasted gas, dry-cleaning for a supposed interview with a REAL Fortune-50 company and foregone opportunities with actual corporations. What a joke. Primerica only works if you do Dave Irving, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Oct 20 2004
Primerica Financial Services Primerica Financial is a JOKE!! Woodbury Minnesota*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I received a phone call from S#%@e (I won't use his real name because I don't want him harassing me again) from Primerica Financial in Woodbury, MN saying he had come across my resume on line, was very impressed and would like to speak with me about some great opportunities. The thing that seemed suspicious is the only thing he seemed to know about me was my name. He asked a couple of cheesy questions like: Was I interested in helping people with difficult financial situations, was I interested in exploring other career opportunities, was I trainable, and a few questions about my backgroun. I said yes and he seemed very eager to set up an appointment. He gave me the option of coming to one of the seminars everyone here has talked about, or if I wanted I could meet with him one on one. I chose this option so I could do a bit of research before I went into the so called interview the next week. When I did a search for Primerica this website was the second result, second only to the official Primerica website which seemed shady (no information on careers). I even was going to give them the benefit of the doubt because in most businesses there are people who can't be pleased, so I typed the name of the financial company I use... nothing. S#%@e even went so far as to give me two reminder calls about our so called interview each day prior. Who calls to remind you of a job interview, please. I called S#%@e and left a message that I am calling to cancel my interview, after doing extensive research on Primerica and reading hundreds of testimonials about their unethical and borderline illegal practices I do not feel I would fit well in your company, and good luck with your scam. He called back the next day and sounded a bit peeved, that he was disappointed and disturbed by my phone call, and if I had done research like I claimed I would have found blah blah blah, and he quoted some crap that ABC News supposedly said about them. He then reinforced the fact that he never read my resume when he said With a comment like that I have a hard time believing you have supervised over forty people like you said earlier. What was so funny to me is they can't even think to run a good scam; making it obvious they have never seen a resume, calling for reminders about a job interview from a different phone number each time, and calling back after someone has insulted their company. What I don't understand is how some of these reputable agencies and organizations can put their good name alongside Primerica; they obviously have no idea what they are up to. Thanks to this website for preventing me from wasting hours of my life listening to these people try and brainwash me into thinking Primerica is a good company. I will be looking for these guy's resumes on monster.com when they go out of business and can't get hired by other financial companies because they worked for a cult. Peyton St. Paul, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Entity: Woodbury, Minnesota
Jun 22 2004
Primerica aka PFS Primerica ripoff, misleading, Charlotte North Carolina*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I have to been contacted by one of Primerica's recruiters and was scheduled for an interview. He basically told me about the potential that the company has and the direction they were moving in. As other articles told, they are not interested in educational background or skills. They will do any and everything they can to get you to sign up with the initial $200, that they say they give back to you when you complete the training. That is also a rip-off, because they fail to tell you that no only do you have to complete the training, but also pass the state test which is another $100 to take. Now you have spent $300 and promised back $200, but can't get that until you are licensed. Either way you start out in the hole and all of those kitchen table meetings that you set up for them to make profits you never see a penny of. If you are smart you won't give the initial $200, but if you did, you can get refunded $150 of that back. If you don't go to the classroom training, you may receive your money back. This is why they keep really close contact to you for you to make that first class and they know that the money is in the bank from there. I had a very unfortunate incident happen to me at PFS that I will have to live with for the rest of my life. I am in no way blaming the situation on them in no way, shape or form, but the last meeting I went to right before my first class I went in with my 2 yr old son because I had no babysitter. My son is running around all around the office for a few minutes and comes back and wants me to pick him up. I do and then when I was headed to the elevators, my son wouldn't/couldn't bear any weight on his legs or feet. To make a long story short. I have a 2 yr old son who is now paralyzed from the waist down. This was my last memory of PFS..... Byron Charlotte, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Charlotte, North Carolina
Nov 03 2006
Primerica Shareholder Services Perspecitve of a customer service rep for primerica Daluth Georgia*UPDATE: Primerica gets a POSITIVE rating from Rip-off Report in customer support & satisfaction. Primerica pledges to resolve complaints from the past, present and in the future, and give 100% commitment to customer service-say Company Executives!
Entity: Florence, Kentucky
Dec 12 2004
Primerica Ripoff Former Primerica executive convicted of bilking senior A one-time regional vice president at Primerica Financial Services has pleaded guilty to felony grand theft following a California Department of Insurance investigation. Duluth Georgia*UPDATE: Primerica offers a good business opportunity & stands behind its products & services- - Company Executives have told Rip-Off Report that Primerica pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future.
The following report dated 11/5/04 reports how a Primerica RVP ripped off senior citizens. The RVP was caught up to in Florida and Primerica was forced to make reimbursement. Former Primerica exec convicted of bilking senior A one-time regional vice president at Primerica Financial Services has pleaded guilty to felony grand theft following a California Department of Insurance investigation. Herbert Amos Jones of Bethel Island was sentenced to the 44 days he served in county jail and ordered to pay $25,000 in restitution to Primerica, which had already reimbursed victims for their losses. This case reflects the growing problem of financial elder abuse, said Insurance Commissioner John Garamendi in a statement released to the media on Friday. California insurance agents and brokers are put on notice that preying on senior citizens' hard earned - and usually very necessary funds - will not be tolerated. Jones was arrested in Florida in September and extradited to California for prosecution by the Contra Costa County District Attorney's Office. The department's investigation had found that Jones, who surrendered his insurance license when he fled California, convinced a 69-year-old woman and her 38-year-old daughter to invest $25,000 with him. Jones diverted the mother-daughter funds, failed to secure valid proof of the investments, then submitted incomplete, falsified documents to the daughter in an effort to hide the crime, the department said. The investigation also showed that the daughter's U.S Postal Service pension plan was cleaned out, causing her additional tax penalties. Primerica's restitution included reimbursement of those penalties. The department said it believes there may other victims who had business dealings with Jones. 2004 American City Business Journals Inc. Here's the link: http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/stories/2004/11/01/daily54.html Stuart North Brunswick, New JerseyU.S.A.
12, Report #211985
Oct 05 2006
Primerica Financial Services primerica truths and things they don't tell you ripoff Duluth Georgia*UPDATE: Primerica gets a POSITIVE rating from Rip-off Report in customer support & satisfaction. Primerica pledges to resolve complaints from the past, present and in the future, and give 100% commitment to customer service-say Company Executives!!
Dec 03 2003
Primerica wants me to pay them $$ I NEVER made Woodbridge Virginia*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I did work at Primerica for a very short period of time. I only sold a few life insurance policies and cashed $77 in checks. I left only a few months there becasue I was tired of the OP meetings, the cult like atmosphere and in whole, the constant selling the dream routine. Well, I received a letter from them saying that I owe them $178 because my debt ratio is over 100% and that if I do not remit that payment then all of my PFS agreements will be terminated??!! Big deal, I quit them a few months ago. I sent them a letter saying that I will only pay them back what I cashed, which would have been fair. I even referenced check numbers and listed the deposit dates. I proposed that I send them only the amount I cashed or nothing at all. I received another letter just yesterday telling me the same thing. They obviously did not take my letter seriously or even read it. How can anyone justify me giving them money I never received? Who does their accounting? Do they track what checks have been cleared? If I receive one more letter, this is harassment. In their letter, they say to call my RVP,...yeah right, I do not even know where she is. This was a waste of time. Tom Woodbridge, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Woodbridge, Virginia
May 15 2003
Primerica Financial Services jekyll and hide tactics Waxahachi Texas*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I've read so many report yet I must admit... nothing can convince me more than my own experience. I meet up with a gentleman at a coffee shop over breakfast. In fact, I was actually meeting him for some vocal training. He is a record producer/singer of all people. A nice man but I've formed a rather shady opinion about him now. After we discussed my vocal lessons he began to talk to me able this great company that has huge opportuinty. He was very straight forward he didn't tell me anything that wasn't true... although he did play his words real smooth. He first explained to me that Primerica was a Debt Solution Specialist company. They tried to help people get out of debt. He showed me exactlly what he did. He said, I set up an appointment with a client and I bacially show them how to get out of debt faster, and how to invest in something that banks won't tell you. With that I was all ears. He brought out a demonstration of a previous client he had served. It showed a list of 5 different debts. Credit cards, a mortgage and some other misc debts. A chart at the bottom showed how a person can get out of debt paying the minimum (which btw the client was) and how the client could get out of debt the Primerica way. Ok, from the looks of the chart, I was already shocked. Try not even an 1/8 the length of the minimum payment chart. He pulled out a second paper which showed another financial managment chart and the clients debt.. but this time rearanged and modified. The chart shocked me. The client was able to pay the debt off in 5 months rather than the 7 years or more (I can't remember) what was shown on the chart! This was absolutly amazing. At first I had this feeling this was all just a play of numbers, but in fact it was not. All truth. Wow, now this I thought to myself was really an honest way to make a living. That was... until he pitched the Term Insurance and the Mortgage sales. He went though the whole $199.00 we pay you back spill. It still sounded good. Not too horribly bad. But then when he told me about this crash course, and how I needed 6 profile references my Herbalife days started to creep in. I figured it out right off the bat! MLM! Now, I already know what all you Primerica advocates are thinking. Yes, I'm about to bash it. Sorry but its truth. Lets look at whats really going on. So I get this spill about how my profile references are just test runs right? WRONG! Thats potential Primerica meat. Fresh meat. My own FAMILY MEAT! MY BEST FRIENDS TYPE MEAT. So, your going to try to help them get out of debt huh? Thats great, Mr. Jekyll is helping the client, putting some faith in humanity. That is until Mr. Hyde comes out and tried to sell some Term insurance, which btw uses the seek tactic! Yeah people need insurance, they offer some great coverage but at a high price for term. Cash value huh? Hmmm, I suggest you really think about that first. Secondly refincing your mortgage is the real heart breaker. I've found a far too many people who were destroyed to find out that the bi-monthly payment are truly a play of numbers and in fact increase the life of the loan and really destroy the american dream. Yeah, dream is what I said. Isn't owning your own home one of the american dreams? Yeah I thought so you crook! Oh, and if you think about it, 1 trillion dollars in assets is really an impressive number. But you really mean all those mortgage loans and homes you own from mislead victms right? You wan't to sell term insurance? SELL TERM INSURANCE! Don't go into peoples homes offer FREE financial advice and then weasle in a term or mortgage sale. Thats whats wrong with america today. You people disillution those of us who try to be true to ourself. I consider myself a victim just imagine what horrable things I would have done if I actually would have went though with this. Although I still may use their financial 'method' to truely help those in need. I'll tell as many people just to get their goat! Lets not forget the rule of 72 either. Btw, to the lady who brought Jesus into the conversation saying that he did good (just as Primerica does supposidly) and was crusified. Remember, he was perfect, Primerica agents on the other hand are not. Oh and the just FYI, rep who tried to get me into this was also helping people at his church refinance their mortgage. I hope that settles your scum filled heart. Be honest with yourselves, if your in Primerica for the Insurance, don't hide behind FREE financial adivice (aka debt analysis). Be up front otherwise your a liar and a swindler! Also, don't lie to new agents and tell them that the 6 profile references are for 'training'. Thats a lie too, you know they are just fresh meat to try to get to purchase your 'investment insurance'. Whatever, I'm disgusted now. Erik Keene, TexasU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica
Entity: Waxahachi, Texas
Dec 22 2003
Primerica I was to be the savior of the Middle Class-Jesus to average Joe Nationwide *UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Let's hand out pom-poms to the RVP's and Kleenex to the slack-jawed recruits to mop up their drool. Better yet, how about cattle costumes to reflect our marketing practices?? No more informative info in this posting since you all have gotten the gist from the other posts. Let's just say that the line was cast, and I bit. I am still trying to get the hook out of my lip. I withdrew from Primerica about six months ago after paying them 200.00 for the pleasure of my company. Unfortunately, I left them with the names and numbers of some friends and family. Lo and behold, last week the phones of these contacts started ringing. It's been six months mind you. Poor poor Primerica didnt realize the strength of my relationships with the people I provided them info on. After I got a solid ass chewing from those involved, all appointments with the finance weasel were cancelled. So sorry CR, nice try. The worst part was, the rep informed my contacts that he was affiliated with me and that I would be attending the appointments with him. Subterfuge- we have James Bond here. Give it up folks, if you want to build your team, why not try and get your own contacts instead of letting others do your work? Primerica is stupendous if you want to sell out people you care about, and if you can sleep at night then more power to you. As for myself, the interest rate on my mortgage is more than acceptable, I dont need $1,500,000 worth of life insurance, and the free FA was a joke. Racoons are enamored of shiny objects-for all of you racoons out there, that shiny object could be a diamond ring or a bear trap. Look before you leap, you may get your ass chopped off. As for the Primerica reps, you know who you are, call my house or my friends/families houses again please. We really enjoy shooting you down!! the G Mesa, ArizonaU.S.A.
Apr 05 2005
Primerica Financial Services ripoff Joke of the century Englewood Cliffs New Jersey*UPDATE: Primerica offers a good business opportunity & stands behind its products & services- - Company Executives have told Rip-Off Report that Primerica pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future.
First off I'd like to say that this website has given me great insite and has inspired me to write. I would like to share my experiences and the truth about how primerica works in Englewood Cliffs NJ. This location was where I was drawn in and brainwashed by the cult... It all started at a Job fair in Wayne NJ. As I was walking around I was a approached by a rep from Primerica, we will call him B for short. We talked for about 10 minutes or so sharing numbers, Career goals and what not. Thinking not much of it I walked away with his card. (this was a friday morning) So Sunday rolls around and im sitting on the couch watching football like every other American at 3 pm on a Sunday in November would be. The phone rings and who is it... It's B from primerica. So im like hey what is going on and we talk and what not. To make it short we set up an INTERVIEW on a tuesday in Englewood Cliffs NJ. Somewhat exctied I go to this Interview and B isnt even there. He was coming later. I was told to sit in a room with 15 other people that were told the same thing. I figured that this was normal somehow and I will have a formal interview after (just to make it clear this was at 730pm). Instead of an Interview I was forced to watch a 1 hour and 30 min. powerpoint persentation proclaming how wonderful Primerica is. The show continued and we all sat there listening to this guy brag about how great they were and how Primerica helps people. After the Powerpoint show a RVP came up and was talking to us. He pulled up a slide that showed the break down of how people are making money through the company. Ex. 5000 people- 50K plus 250 people 100K plus 100 people 200K plus 50 people 500K plus and 5 people 1 million Plus This sounded great at the time and got me all excited that I was gonna make some money. KEY POINT (there are over 100K people that kinda work for Crapmerica so only 5% make that much). Anyhow, after they were done presenting they opened the floor up to questions. The RVP kept asking questions and one person kept on answering. I was impressed by this person, who was there for the first time like I was. Anyhow, B came up to me after the presentation with a folder. This folder contained a sheet that asked for my info along with 3 contacts (this was labled under a section called REFERENCES) just to let everyone know. They are leads, not references. So at the bottom it asked for some Credit card info. I was hesitant but B explained to me that it was for my 199 dollar fee they talked about. He pretty much told me that I need to pay this in order to continue on with the company. So I did. The First Night. Next I was invited back for a 2nd interview with Primerica. I was unable to attend the meeting or Interview in Englewood so they told me to meet them in NYC at the New Yorker building. So SUNDAY night I met them there. There was about 100 people there who were on there 1st interview and 5,like me, on there second interview. The office was a mess, papers and information open and out in plain site. EVERYWHERE. They pulled me aside and we went for the second phase of the interview. Here is where I noticed something weird. One of the people that was running the NYC operation was the same person that was answering all the questions in the first interview or whatever it was that I was in!!! He was just a plant. So blah blah blah I pretty much watched a Primerica movie that preached the high word and had another speech from some primerica millionare. After I was dragged to B's office, which was the lobby of the New Yorker building, and given some booklet of info. I was told that I was in and our first training meeting was next tuesday in englewood cliffs. So I go to the training meeting on Tuesday. Let me also say I have NO finacial backround at all. None. How did I qualify for the job? I figured they would train me... So I go to this meeting and there was a bunch of first timers there again. Where was this training? I go into this room where they claimed training was, there were about 50 people or so in there. I figured they were like me, ya know just getting started. On the contrary they were the slaves. The entire meeting (now understand this is my third time, I know nothing about finance) they talked about recruiting. THATS IT, not one thing was said about finacnce or anyone they helped. The whole meeting was about how many guest they brought down tonight that were in the other room. thats it. so 3 meetings, I think I have the job, really I don't have a thing. Lost. So B continues to call me everyday making sure im ok and understand the recruiting process. I mean he called everyday between 10pm and midnight. I said, I have no idea whats going on.. He said its ok, can you please bring some guest down and PLEASE DONT TELL THEM WHAT WE DO. Ill handle that . At this point I dont understand what they do so How could I bring a guest. So I go to the meeting next tuesday night. Same situation, same crowd of new people and a whole meeting of how to recruit people. That continued for two weeks, NEVER once was anything spoken about finance. So B takes me aside and wants to set up a meeting with someone I know so i can do my first Plan. This was going to be my training, I find a client, take B to the meeting, watch, and if he makes a sale I get half. Not only that but Primerica asks anyone they work with for 10 leads!!!! 10. thats insane. So we go on this planning with my brother and my brother, a county worker knows more about Finance then B does. He questioned every move and B didnt have an answer. His only comment was maybe you should work for us yeah cause no one knows what they are doing. So back to this 199 dollars. This is for you licencing so you can sell life insurace. Thats pretty much all you do is life insurance at Primerica. So you set up this 4 day training. 8 hours a day for 4 days. Sounds like fun right??? So I go to the center in Woodbridge, can't find the place. I must have stopped and aked 5 people. So after 1 hour of driving around the town of Woodbridge I find the place. I'm not joking when I say this, It was in the middle of a junkyard/landfill. No joke. That's why no one knew where it was. There were accual garbage trucks dumping in a land fill next to the place. So anyway I go in now, 30 mins late cause this place is in the middle of a landfill and they tell me I have to come back another time cause Im late for 30 mins of a 32 hour class about Life insurance. Also, just to note, there were only 5 people in the class and 3 of them looked homeless. After one more recruiting meeting I left. I worked for Lie-merica for 1.5 months and I accually lost money. How is that possible. Its because this company cares more about recruiting then the service or the people who work there. I'm 1000% sure that 98% of the people there know nothing about finance other than what the little flyer they give out says. It's a BUNCH OF CRAP. Liars and if you want names I can spit a bunch of them out so no one else gets stuck like I did. I cant wait to hear there responses. Oh you didn't do it for long enough, you didnt understand. Its crap. They put me on there fast track system. CRAP. they also do this world interest rates of 12-14%- CRAP. They don't know anything. I currently have 2 financial advisors, AMEX and PRICE WATERHOUSE COPPER. they call Crapmerica the Boiler Room of the industry. If you want the truth and someone who knows what they are doing, go somewhere else. What I still dont understand is that CitiGroup is a huge finacial institution. Why do they need Primerica. They don't! Its all a cover for taking hard earned AMERICANS money. Stay away from primerica. If anyone needs me I'm at a real institution right up the road on slyvan ave and if any Primerica people want to have a meeting with me ever.I will gladly met and argue the FACTS at the bicycle club in Englewood Cliffs. In fact I'll be waiting there for my $199 back. Joe clark, New JerseyU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica
Entity: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Apr 01 2005
Primerica pyramid scheme, deceptive All Cities Cincinnati Ohio*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I posted a resume onoline and I too recieved a phone call from a gentleman named Larry with in a week who claimed to have gotten a copy of my resume, and wanted to see me for an interview. He said his company was setting up new offices in town, and he thought I might be a good candidate. I returned the message that he left, and spoke to the same person, and he gave me directions as to where to go. He never answered the question as to what the job would be, other than an office worker. So I spent $50 on an update to my interview wardrobe, and went to the interview. At the office where I was told to go, there were 2-3 dozen others there as well all dressed up and chatting with 3-4 central people, presumably the employees. Larry was no where to be found, I was told that he was out doing business. We all were huddled into a room together, where we were told that there were going to be applicants and investors both in the same room(red flag #1). We wached a power-point type presentation about how sucessfull their company was, how much money the company controlls, how people get into debt, and about retirement plans. no mention of how Primerica could help, no mention of the job I was interested in after over an hour of presentations (red flags #2 and 3). There was a brief question and answer session, with my question about the job brushed a side, saying that the people outside the confrence room could answer that when we were done. After filling out an application with the 6 referrences requested of others whom I thought might be interested in the job, we all filed back out into the main room. The same central people were shaking hands, talking to others. i approached one of the speakers to inquire about the job for the 3rd time, when they told me about coming back the next day. I was told to come by on the first day for an interview, now I need to come in tomorrow? (red flag #4). After speakin to my brother, he went onto a BBB-type website who described almost the same thing, saying if it walks like a scam, and talks like a scam, then it's most likely a scam and the web site also said everything is a pryamid schedm except for money changing hands. Enough red flags. I'm no longer interested. Andrew Cincinnati, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Cincinnati, Ohio
Apr 11 2005
Primerica ripoff Houston Texas*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I am posting this to say THANK YOU. I have read some of the postings on this web site and they have stopped me from making a big mistake with money I really don't have. I was also asked to pay for a state license for $199.00. They have contacted me for an appointment to go over the next step but I am not going to go Thanks to this web site. And is there anything we can do about this company? Laura La Porte, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Houston, Texas
Apr 09 2005
Primerica Preying on the non-educated pyramid scheme Denver Colorado*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I received a call from a Doug G. of Primerica. I knew right away this company was not looking for the best interest of its employers. I acquired this notion, as all of my questions had extremly vauge if not covert answers. I just want to warn anyone looking for a better job, even a career, please do your research in a company before accepting any position. I would be very upset to find anyone quiting their jobs and stumbling upon a company such as Primerica, to realize when it might be too late, that they really didn't have your best interests in mind. I feel, giving my experience of not having a college degree or managerial experience, that I could possibly be qualified for running my own business. Thank you for your time, and I hope this information is helpful. Julie Denver, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Denver, Colorado
Mar 15 2005
Primerica ripoff Georgia Internet*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
How can I get a refund of the $274 I paid to Primerica for a securitites/series 6 license? My upline encouraged me to 'go for' my securities license even though I hadn't done ANY regular business at all. Gus Long Beach, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Georgia, Internet
Apr 15 2005
Primerica The bigger they are... Duluth Georgia*UPDATE: Primerica offers a good business opportunity & stands behind its products & services- - Company Executives have told Rip-Off Report that Primerica pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future.
From time to time trolls like to point out that Primerica is part of Citigroup. A few posters have added that there is a connection between Citigroup and Enron. After some more research I have found a website explicitly giving that connection. So as a service to Ripoff's visitors I'm quoting a passage from it. The link is: (see link below) The excerpt is: Enron, and Parmalat Citigroup was also accused of helping Enron and other companies hide their losses by loaning money to those companies in a special way that would reduce liabilities visible on the balance sheet. In May 2004 the company agreed to pay $2.65 billion, or $1.64 billion after tax, to settle a class action lawsuit brought on behalf of purchasers of WorldCom securities. Stuart North Brunswick, New JerseyU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
May 07 2005
Primerica ripoff, deceptive, manipulative. Lincoln, Omaha Nebraska*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I went to Primerica for a one on one meeting since my schedule and transportation issues (I'm totally blind) wouldn't allow me to get to one of the company overviews. It is as all the other reports describe, and in my case even a bit worse. As I said above, I am blind. I mentioned this to Joe Sellers (not his real name) and he (as part of trying to sucker me in) even gave me a CD of a speech by a blind guy in Ohio that has made it in Primerica. It was more of the same Primerica propaganda. You get further by recruiting more...don't hang with 'losers'...and so on. All so he could lure me in. Well, I found this site, among others, and I decided to call and cancel my next appointment (they didn't get my $200, thankfully), and get into legit insurance sales...the right way. Primerica is nothing but a scam in coporate clothing. Alan Lincoln, NebraskaU.S.A.
Entity: Omaha, Nebraska
Apr 30 2005
Primerica, shameful Lies, Hazelton, ripoff, takes money from employees Hazelton Pennsylvania*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I also once fell for the primerica pipedream. A friend of mine recommended me to a recruiter and before i knew it they brainwashed me into giving them $200 to start my new life.(They said you got your 200 back once you went to 6 appointments) I knew immediatly i was being taken advantage of, so when my husband came home i asked him to speak to the recruiter to see if i could get my money back. Needless to say it was 3 hours until they got $200 from my husband as well. We tried recruiting our friends to see if we could make a business out of this. We come from a VERY poor area and almost everyone we knew couldnt afford the start-up fee, so we tried to help them by putting up the money for them with our credit card. (After all we would get our money back, right?) Well, soon we had given primerica a total of $1,200, which they assured us we would earn in no time. We went to the meetings, took the classes, booked appointments, we even all got licensed. I sold my parents life insurance thinking i was helping them out, and they bought it thinking i would make a commision. Well, my upline got the commision from them, just like every other deal i closed. I never saw a penny. When i was finally reimbursed my 2oo dollars, the check bounced, costing me even more in bank fees. And it wasnt until the friends i had recruited made their first 6 appointments that i found out that when you get reimbursed the check comes from your upline. In other words, since i recruited them, i was responsible for their reimbursement. I was the one who put up the money for them in the first place!!! Where is my money? When i was pregnant and on bedrest, they couldnt make any money off of me, so the calls and friendships i thought i had built with my co-workers ceased. All commisions went to the people above us. we spent more than 2 thousand dollars and a year and a half of our time, and when it was all said and done, the people who were helping us start our own business made a profit on our loss. When i finally cut all ties with primerica, they had the nerve to send me a bill for $15. Not sure for what, but they'll see that money when they tear it from my cold, dead hands. Ang ashland, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Hazelton, Pennsylvania
Sep 23 2005
Primerica ripoff Duluth Georgia*UPDATE: Primerica offers a good business opportunity & stands behind its products & services- - Company Executives have told Rip-Off Report that Primerica pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future.
Primerica used to be A.L.Williams. Great concept but flawed. I know I was a Senior Vice President the whole focus is to recruit and override your heirachy. I know buy term invest the rest. The focus is to sell term insurance but invest the rest happened less than 25 per cent of the time because the commission on a $50 per month savings was less than two dollars per month. So it is better to go recruit someone than go back and complete the job. Nice concept bad execution. The big leaders, higher on the food chain seek big investments through new recruits, fresh flesh, sell them in house mutual funds keep the profits and explain they cannot pay them because they do not have a securities license. Meanwhile the newbies go to endless Ra Ra meetings and bring fresh flesch and they work their warm markets. Once their market is tapped they are done but encouraged to come to the meetings and sometimes awarded with t shirts and plaques so that hopefully they may bring someone new. Meanwhile they are studying for their license. If you are unfortunate enough to get a good recruit the upline leader works with them and the newbie gets paid a paltry sum for the first three sales. You got them in but get nothing. However someday you will ovveride them, well maybe, please remember the masters make the rules for wisemen and the fools. I met a few wise men and thousands of fools and ultimately I was the latter. As a final note I did make alot of money traveled to Hawaii, Bermuda, Bahamas, Boca,and so on but I stopped drinking the Kool Aid. G lowell, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Sep 01 2005
Primerica you heard of the phase there's no free money RIPOFF Toronto Ontario*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
This really is something. Let me rephase there's no free money earned. Every money needs hard work and education. If this is a job that requires no education then there wont be anyone on the streets begging for money ok. And now in the following orientation night. We were always brought to attention that no education background is needed. If you already have a degree and want to get started this is the way. In the orientation they mention to me that Doctors, Lawyers, or dentist doesn't make a penny unless they get patients. This is also wrong that Tal who called me up to the orientation because there is always needed in demands for doctors to treat their patients. I don't think after spending ten yr at university and med school with amount of money will work for a company that scams for money. Yes there are debt is that the end for their lives no. These experts in the field will use their knowledge and skills to help patients from universities. Starting and up to now after orientation I feel as I was being used as a middle person trying to hire people and that's what I Do hire people on my team and make money off it. First of all I don't think that's how business runs in a business manner. I think people in this job realised that all they what they do is wrong stealing people's money yes there is loans and life insurance but is that really the truth, there is no way of checking down. Because all along the way, they are keep hiring more people and more people to work for that guy who is on the beach. Ladies and gentalman working in this job or recruiting to start this job think carefully about all the situation that I said above and apply to you. I better stop here now I can go for ever but the rest is for you to imagine and feel free to respond. I'm hoping people know what they are getting into LAST TIME IM GOING TO SAY THIS THERE IS NO FREE MONEY EARNED, MONEY IS EARNED THROUGH HARD WORK Unknown toronto, OntarioCanada
Entity: Markham, Ontario