Customer satisfaction commitment: Primerica | Ripoff Report

Your Search: Primerica

There may be more reports for "Primerica"

For more results perform a general search for "Primerica"

Showing 76-100 of 707 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Primerica"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jun 10 2003
PRIMERICA Bulldozer Company --> Sign now ask questions later could be a rip off Fallon Missouri*UPDATE: Primerica gets a POSITIVE rating from Rip-off Report in customer support & satisfaction. Primerica pledges to resolve complaints from the past, present and in the future, and give 100% commitment to customer service-say Company Executives!
Recently our bestfriend joined in Primerica. She truly believes in the company and the services they offer. She phoned me to request a few moments of my time to practice on. No problem. She, along with her upline came to our home with a promise of a 45 minute interview ... which actually ended up being 2 1/2 hours long. We completed a Financial Needs Analysis with the promise that it would help us to see where we are at financially (which we already know thanks to Crown Financials free financial services)and what we needed to do to get out of debt. The second meeting was last night and has left a sour taste in my mouth. The meeting started up just fine but ended up being nothing more than a harrassment to purchase life insurance and refinance our home that night. Nevermind that they wanted over $8,000 in closing costs (this includes the 3% loan discount fee of $5667.77) and were offering a 7.69% interest rate despite our current rate being at 6.25%. They also put my husband's car into the loan (what kind of idiot is going to pay 30 years for a car that will be dead in 10 years tops) and insisted this was the wisest decision to make. They tried to show us that we'd be saving a ton by raising the interest rate on all our loans. They put our credit cards with low FIXED interests of 5% & 7.9% to 19% and 22% respectively. Further their $1419.23 a month payment for our home (6.25%), equity line(5%) and car(6.23%) did not include our taxes of $1700 a year and insurance of $500 that is currently part of our loan. They said we'd save $400 a month after combining our payments ... but as we'd be paying $8,000 in closing costs and paying 1.9% more in interest per month ... having to pay our insurance and taxes on our own ...we'd actually be in the hole even more. Once we said no for the 10th time, we moved on to life insurance. By this time, I was feeling irritated and annoyed that our nos meant absolutely nothing. My husband asked what they could offer us, he told them he'd like to comparison shop before making any rash decisions ...and unbelieveably the guy kept droning on and on. He kept saying, God forbid that you die tonight without insurance and I just want what's best for you. Interesting that a complete stranger would know what's best for our family. Our bestfriend interjected and tried to coax us into signing as well. We couldn't understand what the big deal was about thinking through their offer. I finally got up and left the room. It was rude and shameful on my part, but the only way I could think of to end the now 3 hour tirade. My husband escorted them to the door and thanked them for their time. Thus ended our horrible experience. What did we think of their insurance? We thought it was low, but we knew we could go lower with other companies. They wanted $85 a month for a $500,000 20 year term policy on each of us and $10,000 each on our two children. Not bad, right? Well, I knew I wouldn't be preferred because of my health yet he refused to disclose what the extra cost would be. Instead he waved his hand as if to brush my question away with the dust and said it couldn't be more than $4 more a month. $4 more a month is $48 more a year ... not that bad, but I wanted a guarantee it wouldn't be higher. He said to just sign now and when the paperwork came in we could decide if we wanted to keep it. Been down that road before with other companies .... don't want to go through the hassle of cancelling again. Always want you to send a written notice within 14 days or you're up a creek without a paddle. They aren't responsible for lost or stolen items in the mail .. blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. NO THANKS! SO to all who are thinking about Primerica ... I have nothing bad to say against the company but I will say READ THE FINE PRINT and CAREFULLY go over all the paperwork they send you for refinancing. Check out at least three other banks and insurance companies before you buy. AND DON'T BE PUSHED INTO DOING SOMETHING YOU MIGHT LATER REGRET. It's not rude to ask someone to leave your home ... especially if they persist to irritate you after you already said NO! Angela Saint Louis, MissouriU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica
Entity: OFallon, Missouri
Jul 18 2004
Primerica smooth talker pitches job Burr Ridge Illinois*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I am unemployed and looking for work. I spend alot of time on Net looking, have resumes posted, etc. (CareerBuilder, Monster, Dogpile). Friday (7/16/04) I was doing the same--looking for jobs on Net, sending emails, etc. 1/2 hour later--I got a voicemail from a John Mele saying interested in me, our company is expanding, etc. Same pitch I have seen here. I called him back because I THOUGHT it was a biz I had just called or emailed, or perhaps from a letter or fax of last week. I asked as much--he did not answer, evaded. I further asked well, WHERE did you get my info? No answer (I was thinking perhaps a head hunter had forwarded)-- Instead, he started questioning ME! What kind of work do you do? What sort of education? I told him---I am a Mechanical Engineer, (or was in past), I had recently took 2 more years of school (Environmental Science)--no jobs in that either, so I was looking for work. Mind you, I was still thinking this was a legit biz because he mentioned Citigroup or CitiCorp. Alot of these sorts don't realize that a)females are not stupid, b)engineer does NOT necessarily = unsophisticated geek. I told him (when he mentioned Primerica) that I was familiar with that co. from selling mortgages. I further told him that, yes I HAD been an eng. for 10+ years, but--in case he did not know--most engineers function in a SALES CAPACITY--ie we speak to clients re: building their crap. So. I have heard every shade of BS under the sun...I have also worked as a buyer (fending off salesmen...)....Believe me, if its BS--I've already HEARD IT!!!! However---during this phone call, I was still operating under the assumption that this was probably a Telemarketing job, cold calling people for mortgage re-fi, something such as that. I told him I would come to his meeting or interview thinking it was a telemarketing job (my guess). Now mind you-I really DO NOT want to telemarket, but I am pretty hard up for $$ and I figured--I could sit there and cold call for the base wage---CitiCorp is a decent company after all. (Or am I deluding myself by thinking BIG=REPUTABLE????). Well now that I have read these posts here---I am NOT GOING!!!! I thank you all for sharing your stories! And I thank myself as well for taking the time to do a little research! What really burns me up is that my recent student loans are held by CitiBank!!! Well they will be getting a letter from me regarding Primerica! Actually, I do have 1/2 a mind to go to this interview just to have info to write to CitiBank! I also have 1/2 a mind to bring my Anarchist Punk Rock friends with me!!!!! Could you see that??!!! They would TAKE OVER the whole meeting and turn it into a free for all!!!!!! I can see it now..... But I think---lets fight these jerks on paper! CitiBank is administrating Gov. sponsored student loans on one hand, and running a Ponzi Scheme on the other???? That doesn't smell right.(I suppose this is why they need to have different Divisions). Even better--Perhaps I shall go, and bring my Mom with----who's an accountant!!! (And a NO BS fierce fighter at that!) Perhaps we shall go, just for the info and laughs!. And shut these jerks down, eh? Well CitiBank will definitely be getting a letter from me regarding this! Thanks again for all the Info! Will add to this if I decided to go to meeting. Niki Riverside, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Burr Ridge, Illinois
Jul 22 2004
Primerica is not ethical. Rip-off! Ft. Wright Kentucky*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Recently I attended an interview (group) after being contacted at home. The First red flag was when they asked for me by MR. vs MS. I was told that I had been recomended to them based on my leadership skills. When I asked them who had recommended me the response was that I had probably been referred by someone who has my resume, etc. My resume is not out there for the public to view.(red flag #2). I decided to check it out as I figured I really had nothing to loose and I needed to not be so mistrusting of something that sounds to good to be true, so I set up an interview and spent 30 minutes watching a video on the Three C's. Can't recall all three. I remember when it first began, the video, that I was thinking that I was trying to be sold a concept based on the financial success of the company. Our VP made it very clear in a very nice way that he was going to do a 90 minute speech in 30 minutes and if he missed anything he was sorry. Some parts of the video were interesting and then came the catch. The president of the compnay put in his bonus to help with the recruting/hiring process which cost about $5,000 oer person due to training etc. However, if we felt that we would be interested in continuing on with the interview process, we could set up a second interview. ANd if we wanted to join in either on a transition basis or full time basis, we would submit a fee. I think it was $200.00 for the traing and $30 or so for the manuel. ALso scholarships were avalaible but no details about the guidelines. When I aksed if I could ask a question, ie can you tell us about benefits, I was told that that would be reviewed in the second interview. We were then given a questionairre to complete and upon leaving asked if we would like to set up another intervew by 2 individuals standing outside the group room. I asked the new gentleman on the way out about futher information as I did not want to waste their time. Luckily for me, he told me I could look on the website and I am glad I did because I was able to find out more information as to why I would not give up my current job and that my initial suspicions were well founded. I just feel sorry for the other 2 guys in there. Melissa Cincinati, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Ft. Wright, Kentucky
May 25 2004
Primerica ripoff Marietta Georgia*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
This was a TIME WASTER for me! I thought Primerica was a REAL job! They masquerade it as such with their ads in the paper under customer service rather than SALES and attending job fairs telling people they are looking for customer service reps! Got a called from a Rep telling me that he has info from me from the job fair 2 months back! I was surprised that anyone would call from a job fair from 2 months ago. So I agreed to arrange an interview. Went to the interview and was asked where do I see myself in the future, am I planning on going back to school (had I knew this was some MLM BULL, I would have told him the TRUTH that NO there is a high chance that I won't go back to school) So anyway, he starts showing me figures of Primerica claiming to save money for families and help them invest money for their future for retirement. He said other companies are rip offs. Backs are also rip offs because they all keep a higher percentage of a person's money and give to others for loans, mortgages, etc. So after all that he asked if I knew three people with kids. I told him that I did and he wanted their names AND PHONE NUMBERS! Then had the nerve to tell me that he wants to call them and RECRUIT them! Telling me that I will get a fee for their time. Then after that he tells me that I need to pay $199 because it's for the criminal background check and a license! What a minute! I know a criminal background check costs less than $15 here in GA! And a license is needed for classes like in Real Estate NOT peddling around insurance!!! I wanted to LAUGH SOOOOOOO BAD! When he gave the fee! Not only that, if this company is SO legit? WHY do I need to find my own leads? WHY aren't leads provided? WHY aren't they like banks and other insurance companies where people come to THEM? You don't have to recruit family and friends! If this companies is SO huge, you don't need to recruit your family and friends and he would have NOT did the unprofessional thing of asking me names of friends then had the NERVE to say he wants to call and recruit them!!! Also if he really made $20,000 a month, WHY was the office beat up looking???? WHY mask the job under customer service and not under SALES!? WHY the deceit???? Pamela 30305, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Marietta, Georgia
Jun 01 2004
Primerica ripoff Called for an interview? Don't go! Cincinnati Ohio*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
A warning to all those people who Primerica has contacted for an interview...don't go! A few weeks ago I got a call from one of these clowns wanting me to come in for a interview which I did attend. However, when I got to the office there was a good 20 people there so I knew something did not see right. Instead of an actual interview we got to hear some BS story and see some generic looking FNA that looked like it was put together by a 2nd grader using PowerPoint printouts. In the entire 1 1/2 hrs they did not clearly answer 1 question that anyone had. They danced around important topics such as: benefits, pay, and just what they did do at the company. They kept saying that they provided a way for people to get out of debt. Now let me see here...they want people that act as financial agents of sorts, but don't that require training? Now I am a college graduate who majored in Business Management Technology, but have not had any experience in the financial industry and they wanted to hire me? I found that a little odd. So they are going to train me (for $199.00) in a matter of weeks? yeah right. Listen, there is no way in the world you can teach the material that needs to be taught in a matter of 8 - 12 weeks at the rate of 2 days a week for 2 hrs. I've taken some finance courses in college and believe me when I say this they are tough. Many including myself found them very hard to get through during an entire semester let alone a few weeks. And what about that $199.00 price tag to get your license? sorry, but that just screams SCAM to me. I mean what kind of Mickey Mouse BS is that? if Primerica is such a big successful business why can't they flip the bill? I was beginning to see what a complete joke this was. Look at it like this: if you're a customer seeking financial advice who would you rather have (A) someone who's built up a solid reputation in the industry or (B)someone who works at Wendy's during the day and does this at night to give you advice? And to top if off they had a TV personality (a weatherman) come in on a Saturday morning. And give this BS story of how he's making so much through Primerica he's quitting his job at the TV station. The guy was so cheesy it was not funny. He just screamed hey I'm being paid to come in here and say all this stuff! The overall attitude of the people there was really fake. They had everyone stand in two lines and high five everyone they seen. I swear we spent a good 45 minutes high fiving and listening to awful music while doing it. After spending one morning there I could take no more. I didn't walk out...I ran out and never looked back! I hope that they don't try to sucker any of you like they did me. listen to these words of wisdom: DON'T GIVE THEM ANY MONEY! I didn't and am glad I made that decision. Steve Hamilton, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Cincinnati, Ohio
Jul 09 2004
Primerica Magical smoke and mirrors calculator Wichita Kansas*UPDATE: Primerica gets a POSITIVE rating from Rip-off Report in customer support & satisfaction. Primerica pledges to resolve complaints from the past, present and in the future, and give 100% commitment to customer service-say Company Executives!
I was approached by a co-worker and long-time friend after I expressed a need for a budget for my family. He came out and talked to my husband and I to get some information. At that time, we submitted a mortgage application. A few days later, the truth in lending statement came in the mail. My current mortgage is for 5.25%. The one from Primerica/Citigroup came in at 8.83 with 1.5 points to be paid for the privelage of obtaining this mortgage. To pay just the principal and interest would require an increase in mortgage payments of approximately $800 monthly. This would allow the loan to be paid off in just over 20 years with the bi-weekly option that the primerica representative advocated. When he called to set up an appointment to go over the information, I told him I was a busy woman and if the information that came in on the truth in lending statement was accurate, he was wasting both our time by coming out. He assured me that the information in the truth in lending statement was required by law and those were not the real numbers. He thought I would be excited by what he had to offer as he certainly was. When he came out, he said if we would add $75 to each bi-weekly payment, we could pay off all our current debt in 9 years. I told him I wanted to see an amortization schedule for what he was proposing. The next day at work I got a call from him and he had someone from the mortgage company on a three-way call asking me to authorize an appraisal on my house. I told him that's not what I wanted, I was looking for an amortization schedule for the mortgage that was supposed to pay off in 9 years. When I repeated the numbers that were given me by the co-worker to the mortgage officer, he said that the loan would pay off in 20 years and a few months. I found a mortgage site on the web and plugged in the numbers. The only way I found to pay off my mortgage in 9 years was to make the payments that would have been expected from the refinanced loan to my current mortgage. The guy who came out and talked to us works in the aircraft industry. I'm sure he's passed his insurance licensing test in Kansas, but he couldn't even say amortization and I don't think he knew what it was. The lesson I'd like to pass on about this is that this is your families financial security. Don't gamble with a fly-by-night outfit. Unless you have a prepayment clause in your mortgage, you don't have to refinance to accelerate your payments. When he was talking to us about savings, he said that 3% makes a big difference in your return and tried to convince me in the next breath that it would save us big money on interest to refinance at over 3.5% higher than our current mortgage so that we could get a bi-weekly mortgage and make 26 half payments instead of 12 full payments. I don't know if these guys are brainwashed with the promise of big money or what, but this incident has cost this guy my respect. He suggested that I could become a referring member of the sales force by talking to my friends about this. I've been talking to my friends, alright. I don't think he'll get any sales there. Kathryn Andover, KansasU.S.A.
Entity: Wichita, Kansas
82, Report #101995
Aug 03 2004
Primerica Shady Rip-off Recruiter! Cleveland Ohio*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Whoa! Am I ever glad that I found this website. Although I'm currently employed, I've been looking for a better job after reading this website I literally just cancelled my interview with someone named Tim. I was not looking for them, they came to me. The recruiter to whom I spoke asked me out for a cup of coffee instead of an interview! When I asked about the position, (whatever that is), he repeated the exact vagueries that are all over the internet. If that was not enough to convince me of the low quality of their company, (or at least their staff), the comments by the employees were quite enough to assure me of the incompetency, lack of education (which, by the way, does matter, when consistently every employee I've heard from in that company has been ignorant and lacking in both manners and grammar), and those comments you will find as you progress on this website. Why would anyone need to be that defensive for a company that supposedly has nothing to hide? Please discover for yourself the weirdness that is going on ...(p.s. They make you pay to get started that is NEVER EVER a good sign!) Don't be fooled take your good communication skills and management potential to another company that won't be such a rip-off! liz Cleveland, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Cleveland, Ohio
Jul 27 2004
Primerica Finacial Services rip-off! Religious undertones. Rude employees! Columbus Ohio*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I went to Primerica's informational meeting on a Thursday afternoon. Twenty people packed into the office and were then split up into groups and we mingled. Then we filled into another and watched a vide and listend to two individuals speek. Litte red flags went up real quick, because all they were talking about was how financing works, and how much money we could make. Not once did they talk about the company; they made reference to other companies and said, we do that too, but better. It was so strange. One hour and fourty minutes later I was done and I signed up for a an actual interview to get more info. Upon leaving the office I noticed more strange things, one was that the office was dect out in artwork containing eagles, everything was eagles. Two posters in the office contained hymnals from the bible as wel as actual passages from the good book, I was uncomfortable with that, because profesional environments do not display such material. After reading the reports that my girlfiend sent me I felt like I was in the same boat as others. I callled to cancel my next meeting and they were very upset. The next day when I was suppose to meet with them they called back and were very rude to me. They had a poor attitude and kept questioning me, needless to say I was very angry and hung up on them. Please do not waste your time! Christian columbus, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Columbus, Ohio
Jul 19 2004
Primerica ripoff Atlanta Georgia*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
The reps who initially recruited me were very deceptive. They informed me of several ways I could make lots of money, but were not very clear about all of the specifics. Everything sounded really good, so I paid $200 to get in the business. I was told at that point this was the only fee I would have to come out of my pocket with. The rep informed me that the $200 dollars would take care of class, liscencing, and all of the materials I would need. After I submitted the $200, I was told I needed to purchase this and I needed to purchase that. It got to the point in which I told myself, I can't afford to do all of what was expected. I could not make time to go to the study/class, so I was told to order a Class in a Box. I order the information and began to study. I also studied some outside sources and looked at pro and cons of Primerica. It was at that point, I realized that I had been decieved. The rep informed me of all the good, but did not introduce any negative aspects. Also while I was studying, one of the reps hounded me about getting recruits for the business. I was told in getting the recruits, I would make money from it. I got recruits, took time away from my family, stayed up late nights and even got family some insurance policies. I still haven't earned a dime. I figured out, the more I recruited, the more money I made the rep. I stopped recruiting and the rep stopped calling me. I was not making him anymore money, so in turn he stopped calling. I feel that I have been decieved and I want to be recompensated. I want to sue this company and eliminate the possibility of this happening to anyone else. Charles terrell, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Mar 26 2004
Primerica Ripoff New York*UPDATE: Primerica gets a POSITIVE rating from Rip-off Report in customer support & satisfaction. Primerica pledges to resolve complaints from the past, present and in the future, and give 100% commitment to customer service-say Company Executives!
I have read a lot of post about pimerica being ripoffs. But I didn't read about them directly ripping some one off. has any one ever had a run in with them and given them money and they didn't live up to what an agreement. I don't work for them or anyting. I just want to know if they are real crooks or is everyone just speculating. April l, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: New York
Feb 20 2004
Primerica Tried to get me hooked St. Louis Missouri*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
If anyone from Primerica calls you, just say no! They called me ealier today and tried to schedule an interview for tomorrow morning. As a professional in my field, I started asking questions. Her initial responses to my inquiries were vague. She couldn't give me a job title, or an accurate descriprion of the position. She asked funny questions such as, Do you like money, and Don't you want to help people? My feelings on those comments? Bull. Business is business. Then she wanted to schedule meetings at odd hours of the day. 8 am on saturday? 7:30 pm on tuesday? She mentioned these meeting times like they occurred on a regular basis. It costs money to hire and fire people. Why would a legitimate company try to recruit candidates en masse? Also, why would they contact me out of the blue? I have applied for positions with various CitiGroup divisions, but those were specific positions with a specific set of requirements and duties. I couldn't even find Primerica on a career search within Citi. I did however find it in a search on Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com. Postings in both places included buzz phrases like make $500,000 right from home and be your own boss and set your own hours. People should recognize these buzz phrases from spam and homemade cardboard signs beside the road. I learned from an associate that it is a similar business to Cutco Knives. Ever had one of those kids at your door? They ask for the names and numbers of friends and family so they can share the great product with them. Same thing! In closing, stay well aware of this company. I have prepared myself for recieving harrassing phone calls from these people and am ready to call for a restraining order. Hopefully I won't have to be ugly. Amalia St. Louis, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: St. Louis, Missouri
May 07 2004
Primerica Financial Services a division of citigroup financial services ripoff! Telemarketing liars! Nationwide*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Bless this website. A few days ago I was contacted by a Ryan Large who said that my resume had been passed on to him and that he was hiring for Primerica Financial Services, a division of CitiGroup, hadn't I ever heard of them?. What we do is we help people get out of debt, Mr. Large said. When I asked what exactly the job they were hiring for entailed, Mr. Large said he was hiring to train managers and even financial analysts because Primerica was planning to build 20 more offices here in Columbus in the next however many years. Wow! I have an English degree. Could Mr. Large really train me to get work as a financial analyst? I was suspicious so I asked if it had anything to do with telemarketing. What? he said. I repeated my question and Mr. Large responded with a laugh as if my question had been silly. No, no, he said, no telemarketing. So I agreed to an interview but couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. I typed Primerica and telemarketing into google and sure enough! I land on this very website to find a report from a person who'd had nearly the same experience as myself. Eliza Columbus, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Columbus, Nationwide
May 22 2004
Primerica Financial Services ripoff Richmond Virginia*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I'm currently a senior in college, and planning on graduating this December. I work at the mall and the other day I was helping a customer and we started a conversation. He asked me about my plans after graduation, and I told him that I really had no definate plans. He introduced himself as a vice-president at Primerica,the fastest growing company within Citi Group. He said that they were recruiting and asked for a number where he could contact me. I gave him my number figuring that a vice-president at a Citi Group company could probably hook me up with a job. I got a call the next day and when I returned the call I was a little surprised by the informality of the office. I expected to be put on hold, but instead I heard a voice saying that I was on the line. I set up an interview for the following day. When I arrived, I filled out a preliminary application asking whether or not I had filed for bankruptcy and so forth. I was a little surprised when the application I had filled out asked if I had a GED. They also asked for 5 character references and their numbers. I wrote them down, but after reading other reports, I'm afraid they'll be contacted in an attempt to recruit them. The interview seemed genuine. They asked the standard questions regarding ones's ambitions and future plans. Then they showed me a file on how they helped people get out of debt and plan for retirement. Though I was a little suspicious, everything was fine until they said that this was a commission based job. Then they mentioned the $199 fee for classes and certification. I left the interview saying that I would get back to them after I had explored all my options. But after having looked up the reports tonight, I won't be accepting their offer. Rashid richmond, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Richmond, Virginia
May 22 2004
Primerica ripoff Columbus Ohio*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Approximately 6-weeks ago,I was contacted by Patti Leasure of Primerica about a job opportunity. She informed me that she got my resume off of Hot-Jobs. I was asked if I ever thought about a job in the financial field.I told her no. She informed me that there were openings at Primerica and she could set up an interview for me. I agreed to this. A few days later, I went to this so called interview, which was no interview at all. It was nothing but a group informational meeting about Citi-group which the way I understand it, owns Primerica. Nothing was really stated what Primerica really does. There was about 25 people in this so called interview. After this meeting if we wanted to attend a one on one interview we were directed to certain individuals. I thought that I would check this out a little further. I then met with a Mike Weihrauch. He is suppose to be a Regional Vice-President for Primerica. He set up an interview with me a few days later. He told me that I would have to be license to sell insurance or real estate and it would cost $199.00 and it was refundable if I changed my mind. He did state that if i did change my mind after I completed the license application for the state, I would only get $149.00 back. He explained to me that I would not have to make any contacts myself that the office was already swamped with customers and I would be taking over some of the accounts. After a while of nothing more than BS-ing, I gave him the money and I left. I then talked to Patti Leasure a few day later along with a Rob. They both told me that I would have to provide a least 6-contacts for them and I would not reap any rewards from them. But they would and the people in charge of them would.I asked if this wasn't a pyramid scheme. Rob told me know that it was a reverse pyramid. A few days later,I called Patti and told her that I was no longer interested in Primerica and I would like to have my refund. She told me that I would have to send a resignation letter to Mike Weihrauch because I had already paid my money. I then told her that I didn't even know that I was hired by Primerica. She informed that once I paid, I was considered an employee. I then sent a letter of resignation to Mike Weihrauch. and asked for my refund. I also stated in the letter that I no longer wanted and contact with anyone from Primerica because they couldn't tell the truth and be completely honest with me. This letter was sent approximately 3-weeks ago to Mike Weihrauch. I have not received my money or anything from anyone at Primerica. Harold Springfield, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Columbus, Ohio
May 03 2004
Primerica Misleading job seekers ripoff Pleasanton California*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I was recently called by a woman pretending to be a recruiter who wanted to meet with me. As a job seeker, I have met with recruiters from search agencies and from within companies. The recuiter did not mention a specific position, but made it sound as if she had serveral opportunities. No mention was ever made of selling insurance or investments. Not until we met and had been speaking for 15 or so minutes did the woman mention financial services. I was confused and not sure why she had not mentioned a company name or what they really wanted me to do before. So I came home and researched! NOTE TO EVERYONE: Do Your Research I found Primerica mentioned on serveral sites, mostly complaints. I will not bother with the presentation she wanted me to attend, as I do not want to sell insurance. For anyone who likes or dislikes Primerica, I will say this: any company or representative that is not upfront immediately with what they do, be wary. And again, ANY company you want to work for or otherwise invest with, DO SOME RESEARCH. It can only help. G Bay Area, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Pleasanton, California
May 04 2004
Primerica ripoff! Telemarketing scam! Creve Coeur Missouri*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I received a phone call one night from a man name Chip Meyer he said that the VP of the company he works for put my resume on his desk with my skills highlighted. He went on telling me that they wanted to open up a new office in my area, and wanted to know if I was interested in a basic office position or even a manager's position. He asked me if I could come in for a personal interview that Saturday morning that would include a short seminar on the company and the jobs they are hiring for. I no that time would not work so I ended up going to the next seminar with was at 7pm on a Tuesday. Well I thought this could be a good deal. He did not tell me what the name of the company was all he told me is Citi Group was under them. I came to work and was telling a coworker which thought it sounded good. She asked me where did I apply for this job at I thought it was on monster jobs but could not find anything with there name on it to show her. Later that night I called Chip and told him about my friend being interested also he said well just bring her along. That was kind of strange it was someone off the street and he said just bring her along. So we both end up sitting through a 2 hour seminar, Chip came back over after it was over and asked me if I was interested still I said yes I think. So we made arrangements for another interview with the VP one on one. For the next week. Well thank god I looked at this site first. I called and left him a message that I had done some research and I was not interested anymore and he need not to call me ever again... Just a Warning this is happening in Missouri also. Misty St Charles, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: Creve Coeur, Missouri
Dec 03 2003
Primerica wants me to pay them $$ I NEVER made Woodbridge Virginia*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I did work at Primerica for a very short period of time. I only sold a few life insurance policies and cashed $77 in checks. I left only a few months there becasue I was tired of the OP meetings, the cult like atmosphere and in whole, the constant selling the dream routine. Well, I received a letter from them saying that I owe them $178 because my debt ratio is over 100% and that if I do not remit that payment then all of my PFS agreements will be terminated??!! Big deal, I quit them a few months ago. I sent them a letter saying that I will only pay them back what I cashed, which would have been fair. I even referenced check numbers and listed the deposit dates. I proposed that I send them only the amount I cashed or nothing at all. I received another letter just yesterday telling me the same thing. They obviously did not take my letter seriously or even read it. How can anyone justify me giving them money I never received? Who does their accounting? Do they track what checks have been cleared? If I receive one more letter, this is harassment. In their letter, they say to call my RVP,...yeah right, I do not even know where she is. This was a waste of time. Tom Woodbridge, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Woodbridge, Virginia
Dec 10 2003
Primerica Scam!! Thank you guys for giving me a heads up!! Jupiter Florida*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I got a call from a man saying that he had recieved my resume, although I don't recall ever sending it to that company. However, I have been looking for a job and had sent my resume to several companies so I might have sent it there for all I know. I went for an interview and just like everyone else had said. The man gave me this huge hype about how Primerica was a multi trillion dollar company and he went on for about 30 minutes with how great it was. He continued to say that I would be great for the company and then asked if I knew any one else that was of my calibur to also give him a call. Right there and then the gears started turning. When it came time for my questions about the job description he gave me very vague answers and said that they would do over everything in detail at the presentation. I left kind of excited cause it sounded like a great opportunity, but it just didn't seem right. I didn't have the education or any kind of background in this field yet he said that I was perfect. I decided to do a little check up. And i came across this site...I just want to say thank you to all of the people that took their time out to give people like me a heads up..I am definetly disappointed cause it sounded like a great opportunity..but I believe that it would've gotten alot worse reading everyones emails...so if u didn't know.. i am definetly not goin to the so-called cult orienation..as everyone calls it.. once again.. thank u soooo much.. Rita marie Jupiter, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Jupiter, Florida
Oct 06 2004
Primerica Pyramid-style scheme RIPOFF Nationwide Toronto Ontario*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I just received a call from Vicky from Primerica Financial Services. The first thing Vicky said to me was that my resume had been forwarded to her by an employer who said I had excellent people skills. Automatically, I became suspicious. I recently dropped off some resumes at bars and restaurants in downtown Toronto, but I had only DROPPED THEM OFF. The only time I ever spoke to anyone at all, much less any managers or employers, was when I had an interview for my current job. I immediately asked Vicky who had referred me, and she hedged the question and listed off a bunch of downtown bars. I told her I hadn't spoken to anyone in those bars, and she said Oh, well, it must have been someone who saw your resume and saw the qualities there that would be beneficial to our company. Now I don't know about any of you, but I'm pretty aware of the importance of good employees and how difficult it is to get a good job and keep it. My resume is entirely packed full of waitressing and bartending jobs. I'm an actress. No financial company in its right mind is going to call a person up based on their resume full of acting and waitressing jobs, without ever having met said person or spoken to anyone ELSE that's met said person. Just because my resume must have had qualities that would be beneficial to their company. What, like making a really fine caesar? It's like those modelling schemes you hear about. They'll come up to you in a mall, or prey on teenage girls in teenybop fashion shows. They tell you you're amazing and they want to represent you. Only after you sit down and have an interview with them do they tell you that in order for you to join their agency, you have to spend thousands of dollars on modelling classes and photo shoots and whathaveyou. REAL AGENCIES/COMPANIES DO NOT NEED TO RECRUIT PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO EXPERIENCE. They're too busy sifting through the piles of legitimate, experience-filled resumes in front of them, or recruiting people who have ALREADY PROVEN they're successful in this field. Anyway, as Vicky nattered on about how (even though she had never met me, never had spoken to anyone who had met me, only knew I wanted to be a waitress) she wanted me to be a MANAGER at Primerica, wanted me to TRAIN PEOPLE in the financial industry, etcetera etcetera, I stepped over to my computer and googled Primerica. And lo and behold! There in front of me was a list of sites, all about the Primerica recruitment scam. Vicky asked me what kind of hours I was looking for. I told her that I had been looking for bartending work because I wanted to work nights. Oh, she assured me, We have flexible hours, that isn't a problem. Anyway, the long and short of it is this. Primerica is a pyramid-style scheme. You get recruited, and then you make money based on how many people YOU can recruit. In other words, Vicky had fallen for the very scheme she was putting on me, and desperately hoping I would, in turn, fall for it, so she could make a few bucks. I politely thanked Vicky for her time and hung up. Folks: Don't bother going in for the interview(s). Don't do this. It's a waste of time, and, if you're gullible enough, a waste of money. Yes, Primerica has its supporters, as does Amway, as do the timeshare creeps. Cee Etobicoke, OntarioCanada
Entity: Toronto, Ontario
Sep 01 2004
PRIMERICA rip-off of deceased mother's estate holdings! Pawtucket Rhode Island*UPDATE: Primerica gets a POSITIVE rating from Rip-off Report in customer support & satisfaction. Primerica pledges to resolve complaints from the past, present and in the future, and give 100% commitment to customer service-say Company Executives!
I am a legal assistant. Upon our mother's death I conducted an extensive search to gather all assets for the estate planning attorney. Upon contacting PRIMERICA regarding an account mother held with them my brother and I were assured, verbally and in writing, that this was a type of account registration that does not permit any type of beneficiary designation other than the estate of the holder. Two months later, after having the money transferred into a holding account, we were contacted by PRIMERICA stating that the money was to have gone to a relative of mothers - her sister. All the paperwork that we recieved from PRIMERICA stated the above verbage - beneficiary not allowed. We also found that at some point, many years ago, that mother had attempted to set this money for her sister and that PRIMERICA denied the request due to improper paperwork. Apparently it was dropped and nothing further was done - there is no existing paperwork verifying it to have been rectified. The broker on this account is a cousin of ours, the so called beneficiary of the money is our mother's sister who hid money from our mother (according to our mother) at their mother's death, and is now claiming this money. OK! PRIMERICA has paid the money to our mother's sister and is now demanding that we return the money we had transferred to them. Is anyone out there who has experienced anything like this with PRIMERICA who would have any suggestions for us? If it makes a difference, my brother and I are adopted and it seems there is something going on that is not quite proper. Also, PRIMERICA is now saying that the account type was changed so that it would allow a beneficiary - there is no paperwork to prove this point under out mother's signature or any other way. The statements are only in the name of our mother. Our mother was an accountant and she was very maticulus in all that she did - here record keeping as far as balances, paperwork trails out the gazoo - there is nothing to show evidence that this was carried out. If our mother's sister were joint tennant her name would be on the statements - Correct? Not so here. Any advice is welcomed. Linda Dallas, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Aug 06 2004
Primerica Ripoff Misleading Intimidating Belittling Redlands California*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I was contacted by Primerica almost 2 months ago. I had just started a job at a major appliance retailer and was little unsatisfied about my first job. My whole life I was an entrepenuer and relied on my personal knowledge of business to provide a descent income while I was in high school. I'd been out of high school about 3 weeks when I was contacted by a man who asked if I was still interested in working in finance. I assumed he got my resume on monster because I had posted it there a week or so before he called. I told him I was and I setup an interview with him for the next morning. The next day I went to the office, resume in hand. While waiting for his first interview to conclude I gazed around the office and looked at some literature lieing around. He called me into his office to interview and asked me to tell him a little about myself. I told him I was an entrepeneur, college student, and a few other things. He asked about my parents, which I found a little odd, but I told him my mom was a teacher, and father a worker for the city. The first red flag that was drawn was when he put down both my mother and father for working what I thought were decent and respectable careers. I noticed he didn't even glance at my resume one bit because he seemed too busy trying to sell me on some stupid dream. He finally did glance at my resume and saw that I had been a member of the DECA while in high school. He then went on and on about how he was trying to figure out why I was so sharp, when I thought I had been giving him some mediocre answers and feedback at best. He then called home to his wife who had a friend who as a DECA advisor and asked if she knew me. She vaguely remembered me from a conference we had with her school and I damn sure didn't remember her, but the name sounded familiar. He told me how he had judged some events and basically built up some confidence in me. Later that day I ran around telling people the great news about how I was gonna be working in finance and blah blah. So I go to the meeting the next night, which I along with the rest of you thought odd. Another odd thing is how they lady, i believe it was the guy's wife called me early that morning to remind me to go. Anyways, I went to the meeting the next night, and instantly a red flag came up when the lady who called me on the phone hugged me and junk and was all happy to see me, some guy she never met, come to the meeting. I blew that off and figured I'd see what it was all about. So I go in the big little meeting room, to notice there's a projector with a slide show setup, so that brought me to I guess red flag #4. I feel like this is dragging on, so long story short, I finished the presentation, which was complete crap with some interesting facts and figures. Although I want to point out something that irritated the h*ll out of me. I came in a suit and tie, and as I looked around the room there were people poorly groomed in sandles and shorts here for the same job offering as me. That really annoyed me and made me even more suspicious. The presentation ends and I get called into the RVP's office, he ask me how I liked it, and to rate my interest level. I told him 7 which was way higher than I really wanted to rate them. I just didn't want to offend him. He claims that I had an interest level of 10 the day before when he interviewed me, but I didn't even remember him asking me how interested I was. He seemed to barely remember me, but seemed to have all these vague but good comments about me. Anyways, still being skeptical, I signed up for the course or whatever and told him my cards were canceled due to getting eatin up in the ATM machine a week earlier, which was true, i had no working debit card. He insisted I still put down the number, so i did. He tells me to show up early saturday morning before I went to work to watch some tapes or something. So I agreed. Later that night, I went online and searched for 'working with primerica'. Funny thing is, ripoffreport.com comes in RIGHT under the primerica site. That seemed off especially since they claim they're number one and blah blah blah. So the next day I told my teacher, whom knowledge I rely upon heavily and I respect very much about my incident with Primerica and how the guy knew a DECA advisor, whom my teacher also knew. Well right as I said primerica, my teacher began to shake his head. I then knew I wouldn't be making any trips to primerica. I called my bank to make sure they wouldn't receive a dime from me. I didn't attend the saturday morning meeting and never heard from primerica again... so i thought. Yesterday morning, I was on my computer, when my mom told me I had a call. Which is odd, cause I do most my phone conversations on my cell phone. Well I pick up the phone and instantly recognize the voice. David C. It had been a good month since I last even spoke to him, and he was just now calling to check on me and why I didn't show. I told him about ripoffreport.com and how I had bad feelings and such. He was instantly pisssed. He started to yell at me about being unprofessional. I admitted it was unprofessional of me to not call and explain why i wasn't gonna continue on, but the simple fact was I didn't wanna have to talk to him again and get tricked back in. He then asked if I believed in God. I instantly said, 'NO'. He seemed caught off guard expecting that since I'm black, and all black people are super religous, I would say yes and be sucked back in. I told him I was a little annoyed by the motivational music and all the other crap they had put on to get people in. He was still very annoyed and kept ranting about how I was making a poor business decision. The funniest part came when he said, It's not a matter of wether you want to be apart of us or not, I have already made the decision to not bring you aboard based on this. I thought, WTF? I have already shown and told your *ss I didn't wanna be apart of your crap. He then went back into nice mode and told me how to get my 199 which they never got from me back, and then told me good luck. Conclusion is, I didn't feel any type of professionalism from primerica, nor did I see any respect towards how I chose to live my life. I was continually belittle for working at Sears, which I think is a decent place to work for a guy in college fresh out of high school. Their tactics seemed unethical and annoying. I'm glad I found this site before I went to the stupid class. Thanks to all who have complained. I hope my story has helped someone. Thanks Sam San Bernardino, CaliforniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica
Entity: Redlands, California
Aug 06 2004
PRIMERICA IS MISLEADING AND TAKES ADVANTAGE OF DESPARATE PEOPLE RIPOFF Arcadia California*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
I am so glad that I found this website to confirm my suspicions!! I just went to a meeting last night! I can assure you that I have been to plenty of these pyramid meetings and this one was the most entertaining. They all give you a presentation of what CAN be if you join the company and work hard. This company was no different. I went along with my boyfriend to support our friend who is pursuing this opportunity. I knew I'd be somewhat skeptical, but I figured, I'm here, let's just see if they're different. We are taken by our friend Jake and his brother Peter.(Peter recruited Jake and now Jake is trying to recruit Jerry my boyfriend, his friend Mark, and I. jake is a good friend to us so I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. As soon as I sit in the car, Peter starts warming us up by asking questions about our finances and what our occupations are. I politely answer his questions without divulging too much information. I could already sense the familiar pressure coming. As we arrive, I see the all too familiar professional business suites. We meet Jake's cousin,Tom,also recruited by Peter. We all walk up together into this suite. This is the same strategy that I have seen before. The business suites are all nice, so that you can buy into their credibility. Of course, I saw it a mile away. In any case, I'm trying to have an open mind. I walk in to the office and the first thing I notice is the music. They have a small home stereo stashed under a cart that had a laptop and projector on the top shelf.The music playing is a 90's techno song that is obviously intended to amp up the audience. Then the music changes to-Coolio (a has been rapper). How professional is that? The next thing I notice is the bright green, dingy carpet and the dirty white walls (I figured out later- it's dirty because that's where reps stand and place their feet when there are no seats left). There are, what seem to be plaques and awards on the floor waiting to be hung and the room is filled with metal folding chairs. Next, we meet a burly, well dressed man named Gary. Gary, I notice, is missing his front teeth. I didn't know he was the Head Honcho (I say this because if he ever mentioned his title, I missed it during all his effort to covince everyone they are too broke and Primerica is the answer to their prayers). He welcomes us and asks us to be seated. We all sat and paid attention to the first presenter who welcomes us and says, Give yourselves a hand for being on time! A very familiar line. After the applause we are presented to a young woman who gives a quick overview of what the company does and goes on about how Primerica is a part of Citigroup. She goes on about how Citigroup is on the NYSE (which she couldn't even pronounce), how Citigroup is a TRILLION dollar company and so on. All the while she kept stumbling, slurring, and saying UMMMM-UMM and said everything faster than she could think about what she was saying. Yeah-great motivational speaker. She introduces us to yet another man. This gentleman, while the most professional of all speakers, continues with these vague concepts such as, The rule of 72. All the while there are people shouting in unison whenever a question is asked by the presenter.I've never been part of a cult, but it sure did seem like one. Everyone is calpping and shouting in excitement which, to me, was obviously an effort to get the new recruits excited. It's scarier to me than anything else. All these people being brainwashed and trying to brainwash. If the company is so great, why is it necessary to stage a show of excitement? After the brief, unspecific explanation of how savings, debt, and,life insurance effect people (yes there was an explanation of worst and best case scenarios) we are finally introduced to Gary. Gary is a funny man. He is an entertaining man. He is charismatic in his own ghetto way. I don't mean that to be derrogatory-even he admits it and in fact, is quite proud of it. I myself can be ghetto-that's not the point. The point is he is presenting himself to peers-so he is presenting himself as a person that you can relate to. He just happens to have alot more money than you do. Gary continually talks about how much money you can make working for yourself without overhead, without employees, without inventory. He talks about how we are slaves and how we are programmed to believe that education is the key to success. He goes on and on about the toys he buys for his son with accompanying slides of his son sitting on the hood of a Mercedez M-Class SUV in front of his 2 Motorcycles. He shows slides of Rolex Watches, a ring with 40 diamonds in it (the ring was given by the company in recognition of the great performance and the diamonds were added by the rep). He never mentioned a word of what the work entails. All he mentioned was that you recruit people to do this as do as do your recruits. The more people you develop on your team, the more money they make, and the more money you make. But what am I selling? Who am I selling to? Where do I get clients from? But what I did know ws that I was not investing the perfect company that has Former U.S. President Gerald Ford sitting on the board-no, I was investing $199 in myself! And if I didn't have $199 in 2004, I NEEDED Primerica. I needed to free myself from my slavemaster. GOD put us there to show us the way to be happy, wealthy, and free! Not working a J.O.B. Because J.O.B. stands for Journey Of the Broke I personally like Just Over Broke better. And I could make my $200 back in 2 weeks. All I had to do was A)get enrolled in the licensing classes and brin 3 recruits week one B) complete the training, pass the test, and get 3 more recruits in on week 2. At least it was something to that effect. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed or dazzled as our friend Mark was. Jerry said he'd do it if someone else paid the $200-he refuses to put up the $200 himself. For some reason, Peter and Tom come to me and ask me what I thought about the company. I responded,Well, I really wan't given very much information. He looked at me stunned-like I was supposed to be taken by this glamorous lifestyle. He says,Well what do you want to know? I say,What do I have to do to make all this money? I haven't been given a job description. I've been here an hour and a half and all I have heard people talk about is all this luxury and freedom that can be mine for $200. He responds Well you recruit people-that's how you make money I ask Okay-say I recruit people-then what? What do they do? He says,They recruit people. I say, Well if all I have to do is recruit people-why do I need a license? Tom interrupts as to save Peter the embarrassment of trying to convince me this business is legit and says,you need to sell the products Okay I say,But where am I getting these customers coming from? He explains that I start with my family and they'll give me refferals. I told that my family would NEVER go for this stuff. He replys Well how do you know? You haven't tried. I said-I know my family-they won't do it anymore than I would. He asks What is holding you back? I tell him, For one thing I dont have $200 to throw away to which Peter responds, Don't let the money get in the way of your dreams-there's ways around it I ignore him and say secondly, I just don't buy it. It may work for some people but I just don't think it's for me I get the Well I was just as skeptical as you-I quit my job and I was making $80,000 a year I said-Alright, if this guy is making so much money, why the crummy suite? He says This is just an office for meetings-we don't work from here. He (Gary)has 18 other offices and he opens one every 18 months. The offices aren't Primerica's-their his. That pretty much proved my point. But I continue If he is making so much money-why is he missing his front teeth?!?!? Tom says, He's getting them worked on right now I used to be a dental assistant-I know better. If the dentist is working on a bridge or a partial denture-he'll make sure you have a temporary appliance until your permanent appliance is ready. The only reason you wouldn't do this is because you don't have MONEY!!! They are so persistent that they said to me You must not have a good job if you can't afford $200. I told them I have a great job-that's not why I'm broke. I'm broke because I've been irresponsible with my money. They couldn't argue with that. They just laughed. The first sincere thing I heard all night. They finally end our converstion with we need to set you up an appointment with Gary so we can talk in detail I nod my head politely out of sheer anxiousness to end the meeting. I already made up my mind. Unfortunately, Peter doesn't think so. On our way home, he continues to pry and tries to convince me to try it out-at least part time. I politely said-I'd let him know if I was interested. Mark told me I was just being negative. Obviously, he's never been to these meetings before. Jerry says he doesn't care either way-as long as he doesn't risk any of HIS money-he's cool with it. Funny, no one tried to convince them this was a wonderful thing. Why were they trying so hard to recruit me? Probably because they knew that I would do some research of my own and discourage my boyfriend and his gullible friend, from buying into it. It just seems all so fishy to me. Maybe it does work for some people, maybe some people are successful at this stuff. I'm just not willing to bet my hard earned $200 or my personal information on it. I believe that if something seems too good to be true-it probably is. Now I have the proof. Thanks to this website and all those who posted reports of their own. Thank you all for speaking up! :) Good luck to all you entrepeneurs and job seekers out there. DON'T BE A SUCKER!!!!! Priscilla El Monte, CaliforniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica
Entity: Arcadia, California
Apr 04 2004
Primerica ripoff Phoenix Arizona*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
This company is amazing at delivering a DREAM as they constantly told me when i was approached by a representative. How can anyone sit there and agree to pay $199 and become certified at lying to the public and get rich off of others? I was soooo glad when i found this site and read the complaints about the time wasted at the meetings, which were merely held at a rental spot office when i visited. The group appeared to be hungry for new blood and fed on the victims who came such as myself. As for pamphlets to take home and look over to decide on insurances or info, i received none. But plenty of get rich and success stories abound. This company is a sure winner to demise when the market is saturated and no one left to sucker. I'm glad that i held off and slipped away before they could collect my hard earned dollar and contacts. Anyone who knows a big firm would agree this type of business is unusual and smells funny when it is presented in such a manner. Psst...i have a Bridge to sell you! Joe leesville, LouisianaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Aug 24 2004
Primerica These people will not leave me alone-Vultures! Cincinnati Ohio*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
Well, well, well. These Primerica people will not leave me alone. I have had three different people from Primerica call me this week. Now keep in mind, I did about a year ago go to one of their Ahem recruiting meetings. As I sat through this meeting I got a bad taste in my mouth, something starting smelling. You know what they say if it smells like crap, tastes like crap--it is crap. After the meeting (yes I stayed) my recruiter tried to set up another interview and told me to bring my husband with me when I come. I told the recruiter I would bring him but he was probably going to be out with his girlfriend. LOL He did not find this amusing. Anyway, my latest call was from Ken (no last names, don't want to get sued). He did his little pitchy poo and I told him I was not interested. He wanted to further the conversation, I figured what the heck, Springer isn't on for another hour. I told him I needed a full time job with benefits. He stated the Primerica believes in paying people what they are worth. He went further and said who wants to come in and get paid for 40 hours? Duh-I do He wanted to know why I disklied Primerica so much and I told him that Primerica is a scam. Well, Ken got a bit defensive. The conversation ended right after that. Just remember, if they want you come to recruiting class, ask you for your hard earned money, ask you to bring a spouse or parent run like hell. Lisa Harrison, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Cincinnati, Ohio
Aug 14 2004
Primerica Alert Coon Rapids Minnesota*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.
About three weeks ago I was called by a lady who was calling from home who said she works for an organization that was hiring and wanted to know if I was interested. I asked her what company and she told me a local financial company and that she got my name from a referral from one of her clients. Two weeks later after playing phone tag (no fault on either part due to my work schedule) I was given another call confirming if I was still interested. I said sure. She then told me during this conversation that she is a recruiter from Primerica and that her husband does the interviewing and that he would give me a call to set up an interview. Curious, I asked her if she saw my resume and from whom she had gotten a referral from. She admitted they had got my name from a marketing list and she said they normally don't get it that way. She also asked for me to bring in my resume. Also, it sounded like I was already accepted to be hired. She told they needed me to feel it was a good fit after I asked if I was. I found it odd a company offering employment without any knowledge of who you were. He did give me a call and set up an interview so I went down to this local office for it. That's when he took my resume. I was a little surprised he did not question much on my working background. The only resume items he inquired about were what I did now and he also noticed I had prior management experience. After that is when I got the true insight about Primerica. It sounded good at first. He mentioned they were a division of Citibank and how they had the number one assets in the world, not sales which is Wal-Mart, and that they are focused on helping middle class America get out of debt. He showed me how their plans help people by paying on mortgages and saving for retirement at the same time with the money they saved. Also, they sell life insurance. He told me that it's not about the rate but about how much you save. After listening to the last part about rate is where I feel one must be extremely cautious about employment and doing business with Primerica. He mentioned how its commission based only, not based pay with commission. Also, while one is not selling you make no money. You do not get paid any base salary for training, meetings, ECT. You have to generate your own leads; they do not provide you with any. You do not cold call, which I found a good thing but I found bad they don't help you with any sales. All sales come from word of mouth. He told me that he wanted me to come up with 25-50 names of people I knew and then get about ten of them to come in to listen to how Primerica helps people. He claimed he did not care if they bought or not and that it was for experience and training only. The way you got paid was a commission on mortgages (just over 5%), investments, and life insurance. Once every three months you also got paid a commission for the total amount of business you currently have (1%). The goal he said was not to get you selling much but to be a trainer, who in turns opens his own office in approximately five years. Once you own your own office you get a commission on everyone in the office who is selling (I believe he said 1%). The beauty he said (which is what he does) is that you can make money even when you are not selling. He did warn me however that hard work is required. He did also recommend you keep a part time job right away because income might not be there. You do get feed $199 up front if you accepted employment to cover training for licenses, and other fees in the future, but he said it would be reimbursed once it was completed. However, he did mention that an expense (sorry, I don't remember for what) would cost approximately $300 out of my pocket, not right away, but it would not be reimbursed when it came up. Also, training sessions were at night. He recommended two to five nights a week. He said he would personally train me during the day if I came in then as well. So what's my warning and opinion? It sounds scary. Having worked in credit unions for four and a half consecutive years I know the financial industry. I felt the interview was a sales pitch, not a job interview. I also did not get any feeling that Primerica cares about its customers. Why would a reputable company have people who are not financial advisers sell financial products? There are many companies who want your talent, and you get paid normal wages for training and bonuses/commissions for outstanding work effort. Commission does not bother me. What bothers me is why should you give two to five nights a week and day time hours for free training? What's the company got to lose? Nothing, since they are not paying you for relentless hours of training, not giving you benefits, no 401K, and no sales leads to go on. Why work for an organization like that? I am not the person who can sell a product knowing I am doing no good for the consumer and just looking at getting that next big sale, especially from friends and family members. I am a highly ethical person and I know that's not right. Also, I am very good at noticing these tactics from companies as a consumer. Remember the good rule of thumb, If it's too good to be true it usually is? It was misleading how they said they got my referral; it was not from a client but a marketing list. All of these things are why I declined the position. Also, when I tried calling the office to decline the employee did not have a number I could reach the guy I had an interview with. He said he knew who I was talking about but did not know any way for me to reach him and he could not hand out that information if he did. Is that not a red flag? I did finally find a sheet of paper that I wrote his number on when he called to set up the interview thanks to my caller ID. Good thing I did. One last point I want to make if you are still thinking about working for Primerica. What are the chances of making the same amount of money you want with this company verses another when Primerica provides you with nothing unless you sell? What if sales volume is slow and you are finding it hard to get new sales? What are you going to do if you rely on this job only to pay the bills, plan for retirement, maybe save for a vacation or get married? Is it really worth it knowing there is no security but promises of the possibilities which are not guaranteed? I hoped all of this helped. I purposely left out names of who I talked to because I don't find that ethical and I want this writing to be about the company, not a target against any individual. Thank you for reading. Justin Blaine, MinnesotaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Primerica
Entity: Coon Rapids, Minnesota