SCORESENSE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Scoresense

There may be more reports for "Scoresense"

For more results perform a general search for "Scoresense"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Aug 20 2012
Scoresense rip off seniors Internet, Texas
       A few months ago I thought I needed to know my credit rating.  I looked on Google for an address and finding what I thought was a credit rating service I clicked on it.   Living on Social Security I'm careful about not running up any bills.    Checking my bank balance on line I have been seeing something that said Scoresense and wondered   about what it was.  I finally got around to checking into it and was amazed to find out that I am being charged $19.95 a month for a credit report that I have not received.  I tried calling on the phone with no  success and tried emailing them which turned out to not even going through.  I have tried to unsubscribe with even less results.   I am going to my bank tomorrow to try and get a stop payment put on the whole thing.  I don't know how much a stop payment is but it will surely be cheaper than $19.95 for the rest of my life.
Entity: Internet, Texas
Sep 09 2012
scoresense cancelation of services Internet
I wanted to report that after speaking to a scoresense rep. I was able to cancel my subscription to a credit report. I did not contest the 29.95 charge for the free credit report as I believe it was my negligence for not reading the fine print which cause the initial problem. Consumer beware, especially when it comes to free stuff. Apparently it's true that there isn't any free lunch.
Oct 16 2012
scoresense freescore.com big time rip-off Internet
I was ripped off by freescore.com.  i called a number 800 678 5464 to cancel the account.  a number i was given online.  i called and got a cancellation number.  i thought it was taken care of - but guess what - they charged me for 2 months.  the number i called obviously had my name and account number listed in their data base because if it wasn't the right company - i would have been told so at the time.  they gave me a cancellation number.  i thought i was fine.  low and behold my credit card has been charged 2 times.  i entered the phone number and here is the site associated with it:   https://freescore.scoresense.com/    notice the first part of the website???  that website and freescore.com have the same trademark green and black freescore.com
Jul 05 2016
ScoreSense ripoff, scam, Dallas Texas
Here is how their scam works. First off, they have a number of loan websites. When you file an application for a loam from one of these, they redirect you to a page that will give you your creditscore for $1. You get the score and file your credit application which is of course turned down. Oddly, you will never recieve a letter stating the reasons why you were denied. One year later you will find a charge on your credit card for $39.95. If you dispute it with your credit card company you will discover that you subscribed to their service and you have to get ScoreSense to stop charging you. Or, you can candel your credit card. I have never seen a company with more internet complaints against it than ScoreSense. Another clue: GOOGLE their physical address:  4447 North Central ExpresswaySuite 110 PMB 406, Dallas, Texas 75205 PMB is your first clue. It stands for Private Mail Box. Google just the first part and you find that the building is a suite in which a UPS Store (formerly Mail Boxes Etc.) is operating.  The PMB 406 is the mailbox that ScoreSense rents at the UPS Store. This is another sign that you are dealing with scammers. Lastly, notice the rebuttles from the company on the numerous complaints here. It's the same cut and paste answer every time.
Oct 13 2017
ScoreSense unauthorized charge unknown Nationwide
Before I noticed the charge on my credit card statement for $ 39.95,  I never knew or heard about this website. This charge was never authorized or neither, I had'nt visited that website, or contacted by phone, because simply, I never knew about these thieves.
Entity: Nationwide
May 23 2012
ScoreSense DECEIVING! RIP OFF! THEIVES! SCAM! ROBBERY! Dallas, Texas
To whom it may concern,I present my complaint acknowledging what I say is true to my knowledge and is reference to my character. ScoreSense is a total rip off. PLEASE PLEASE monitor your credits card daily.. There manager/Suervisor was so un professional and rude. They charged my account $29.95 twice without my permission.  This is truly mordern day ROBBERY and these people have truly deviced a plan on how to legally take money away from innocent people.PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE THEIVES.
Jun 08 2012
Scoresense Just another reptitive billing ripoff Internet, Internet
For their free $1 report (???) you get nothing.  They need the $1 for the free report so that they get your credit card number. Then you start seeing the recurring monthly billings. In my case, it was $19.99 per month, others have claimed higher. When I called, I was told that the recurring fee statement was obvious. Whenever I (rarely) take advantage of any low fee item that involves a credit card, I always carefully read the contingencies; I read about 5 contracts a week for business, I know how to read contracts. Their obvious contingency was not evident, I am certain of that as are, apparently, many other on this site. When I called to complain (I will give them credit, they answered relatively quickly) I was told that we don't actually give reports, you go to www.freeannualreport.com for that. Huh? In any case, I cancelled via calling their toll free number (800-972-7204) and was sent a confirmation email shortly after the call. I'll follow up if they continue to bill.
Jun 01 2012
Scoresense Scammed me for $29.95 a month Dallas, Texas
I went on line thinking that I could see my FREE credit report. The next thing I know a charge of $29.95 each for two months shows up on my credit card.
Oct 05 2011
ScoreSense Score Sense Refuses to Refund Unauthorized Charges Internet
I responded to an e-mail message offering a free credit report from the company that provides Internet security for my computer.  I was required to provide certain information to process the report.  I looked at the report and thereafter starting getting daily updates, which I ignored.  Then I discovered that my credit card had been charged $30.95 by ScoreSense.I immediately complained to ScoreSense and asked that its service be cancelled.  It has said that it will cancel the service, but will keep my money.This is a rip off.
Mar 17 2012
SCORESENSE totally inaccurate; waste of time and money Internet
I was willing to pay $29.95 monthly while i cleaned up my credit.  They were of no use.  I corrected items by snail-mail that scoresense didn't have in their reports.  Don't waste the money.
Jan 14 2012
Scoresense Watch Out this Company will start charging Internet, Internet
I just discovered on my debit card a $29.95 charge from this company. Watch out public. They have been charging me since November of 2011. Said I started the authorization but then clicked out. I don't remember doing any of this but in any case they had enough information to charge me. They also said they sent me an email confirmation. I have my emails back to October of 2011- No Confirmation. Then of course it was maybe in me spam. Checked that no conffirmation. This a VERY aggressive company and they will keep pushing. Even my conversations to stop the charges were met with agressive sales tactics.
Jul 24 2012
ScoreSense Lies, Scam, Suck You Into Other Offers Internet
I was looking to find out my credit score when I came across ScoreSense.com.  The site offered a $1 refundable processing fee, to receive my 3 free credit scores, and begin a trial membership in ScoreSense credit monitoring. At the end of the 7-day trial period, they said that my credit/debit card would be charged $29.95 on a monthly basis unless and until I call to cancel my membership in Score Sense. I was charged to the full amount from my account 3 days later.  There was never a $1 fee charge. When I called, the gentleman whom answered, although trying to be nice about the situation, said he could give me a refund if I didn't cancel my membership and just use their monitoring service of $2.99/month. I told him I didn't want the service, just wanted to cancel and how I was upset about the charge.  He then asked did I not get to see my scores, like saying to me well you have to pay if you want to see them.  I told him that wasn't the point.  He kept trying to wiggle around the fact I wanted to cancel by offering other services. I finally told him firmly to just cancel my membership, keep my dang money, and erase my debit card and phHAVING TROUBLE WITH THIS FORM? Are you using an iPhone or mobile device? Click here to use our simple text form.one number.   They need to be honest and let people know they will charge the full amount immediately.  There is nothing free about looking at their site.
Jul 07 2012
Scoresense Classic bait and switch with short fuse for canceling , Internet
The customer care center is a front for non answers, they placate you that's all, and try to sell you on how great they are, and provide you with a million dollar protection BS.Stay away from this company...do not subscribe!I wish I had checked RR before I fell for their $1 credit reort bait!STAY AWAY FROM THEM! LIARS! DECIEVERS!
Dec 06 2011
ScoreSense Fraud Protection Doesn't Protect Against Fraud; Cheap, Worthless Company, Internet
I fell under the same fraud as many of you, not realizing about the initial monthly charge after filing a $1 credit report.  As its in their Terms of Service, and I accepted it, they had no legal obligation to refund that first month.  Fool me once, shame on me.  This was September. So in early October, I try to have them cancel the account.  They practically force me to take a free month from them, as the lady on the phone wouln't take Ma'am, I don't care, cancel the account as an answer.  She tells me the next charge will be early December, as the month won't start until my paid month ends.  Whatever, maybe I'll use it, maybe I won't. Forward to Nov. 29 (Tuesday).  I call once more, having them successfully cancel my account this time.  I felt like I was going to be done with this sordid business, as I had called before the next charge was supposed to occurr.  Remember, as of Nov. 28 (Monday) I still had paid service, according to them. Dec. 1 (Thursday), my bank's fraud dept. calls me, alerting me of two fraudulent charges occurring on Nov. 27 (Sunday).  I pull out cash for the next few days, have them cancel the card number, and request a new one.  Unfortunately, I live in Riverside for school, but bank in my home town of Cathedral City, and it was the first week of finals;  I couldn't reach home until Dec. 4 (Sunday). So on the 1st, I go to my online bank statement to print a copy for the bank for my planned fraud dispute, when, lo and behold, I have a charge from ScoreSense, having been made on the 28th.  This was before the deadline I was told! So today is Monday to 5th of December.  I call them yet again, asking why they charged me, and telling them I had fraud and demand payment for it (as according to their Fraud Protection and Fraud Insurance programs).  The agent tells me that he can't help me, because I had canceled my account.  I tell him the charges happened while I still paid for their service, and the fact that I canceled my account should not matter.  He again repeats that he can't help me because the account has been canceled.  So I ask for a refund, which he forwards to his superiors (supposedly), and we conclude our conversation. Based on others' accounts here and elsewhere, I fear that I may never see that refund.  To be honest though, they should owe me the full amount of the fraud, as the fraudulent charges were made two full days before my account was canceled. I'm taking this all to my bank today, to not only take care of the original fraud, but to report ScoreSense and its fraud to the bank (and therefore the FDIC) and the SEC.  Wish me luck.
Dec 10 2011
scoresense Took $30 from my bank account without my knowledgeInternet
I needed credit report to apply for rental app. Most offer the same: Free credit report, give bank acct.# so they can take out the $1 to varify an acct. Then they usually will say after the 7-30 FREE trial you need to cancel and you won't be charged, otherwise they will keep the fee (in this case $29.95. I am very careful not to let the FREE time elapse and usually will cancel as soon as I get the info requested. Some places you can't find a phone # to cancel. Well Scoresense took out $29.95 and not only did I not ask for the service but I never received a score! Because I was careful  with my future rent (1st/last/deposit) I knew how much I had, wrong, because of there $30 rip-off I not only overdrew from my acct. but lost the apartment because the check bounced, how embarresing and how angry I got. Called today and they said I may not get my money  back.
Sep 25 2012
SCORESENSE CHARGED 29.95 WITHOUT PERMISSION REFUSING REFUND, Internet
I did not agree to the membership of SCORESENSE only to the charge of 1.00 (refundable) company refusing to reimburse 29.95. They are stating that I did not cancel before the due date, I had not idea there was one. THe money had not been processed and now they refusing to give me my money back.
Dec 04 2012
Dec 04 2012
Scoresense Scorescense.com should be Scam-more.com. Dallas, Texas
A Free trial was  on a pop-up ad.  Just curious, I checked it.  I really didn't need a credit report.  I started getting bills on my credit card for $29.99 a month.  I tried to cancel on the internet and they didn't make it easy but I finally found a cancellation site.  They said I had to cancel by phone but they had limited days and hours.  The line was busy several times when I called as well.  When I finally talked to someone on Dec 4, 2012 a young man told me that I had been informed when I signed up that I had 7 days to cancel.  I don't remember seeing any such information.  I had gotten my credit report in Sept. 2012.  I had been charged for three months.  I told him I would not accept a bill for December.  (This was on the 4th)  He said I was billed on Dec 3.  If I wanted the charge taken off, I would have to go through the Billing Dept. I hung up on him.
Nov 30 2012
SCORESENSE FREE SCORES USA RIP-OFF - LIERS - FRAUDULENT, Internet
FRAUDULENT CHARGES made by ScoreSense. They offer a credit report For $1.00 for 30 days access but only give you seven days and charged $29.95 without notification. The report received was inaccurate and incomplete. Upon my complaint, they refunded the $1.00 (whoopy!) and kept the $29.95.  I cancelled the same day (less than 24 hrs.) that I asked for the report, and they denied having a record of that call. Upon seeing the unauthorized charge in my bank account, they denied the 30 days of free access for $1.00 and said it should have been 7 days. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!
Nov 27 2012
ScoreSense Refused To Refund - 2 Hours To Late! Internet
When I called to cancel after a 1 week trial, I was told I called 2 hours to late!  I was auto billed $29.95 because I had to call by 11:30 am and I didn't call until just after 1:00 pm. THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY THAT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS AT ALL!!!
Nov 06 2012
ScoreSense , a credit report rip-off agency, Dallas, Texas
I signed up for ScoreSense.com after my husband signed up. We wanted credit monitoring and alerts, we weren't so much interested in their identity theft protection services, just the monitoring and alerts. For the first few months, we really enjoyed the service. We got in on a free trial basis and then agreed to the whopping $29.95 per month. It was a very hefty fee, but we had the cash to spare at the time so we allowed it. We were alerted when one of our credit cards was marked as overdue due to a flaw in the credit card company's mailing system and had we not known, we would still have that blemish on our report, but we were able to take care of it in a timely manner. We decided to keep it a little longer because of that handy feature.  When our finances tightened, however, and we found ourselves simply no longer using the service, we called to cancel. I was allowed to speak on my husband's behalf, which was convenient, but yet a little unnerving. My first clue that this service is bunk should have been when I read through the FAQ on the website. You can cancel your membership at any time by contacting our Customer Care department at 1-800-972-7204. There is no way to cancel by email, no link or button, nothing. You HAVE to call their Customer Care department. I chalked it up to security. Other credit report websites have similar rules. My first phone call with these people should have been my second clue that this service is bunk. I spoke to a very nice, friendly, Southern woman. I told her we needed to cancel and after about 30 minutes of trying to sell me on MORE services, she finally agreed to give my husband and I discounted rates. She offered me a rate of $9.95 because I had logged in more often than he did. He was offered a rate of $2.95, and only a very stripped down version of the service because he apparently didn't log in as much as I did. He wasn't able to get any of his credit scores and was only given the identity theft protection and alerts that a change had been made on his credit, but of course he couldn't receive details regarding that change.  A few short months later, we decided once and for all to actually cancel. I once again dialed the number, this time ready and armed for the sales pitch to begin. Sure enough, I got a hold of another friendly Southern woman who battled with me over the phone for 26 minutes about why I should keep the service. She fed me what I believe very much to be a false sales-driven story about how her identity was supposedly stolen and had it not been for this glorious service, she would have lost over $800,000. (Why are you answering phones for a fraudulent money-hungry Internet service if you had $800,000 to lose?) I very politely explained to her several times that we no longer wanted to pay for a service we just don't use. I also explained to her that I'd likely be returning once our finances allowed it because, admittedly, the alerts can be handy to have! When she finally stopped trying to sell the service to me, I requested, with confidence, a refund for one of the months since she could look at the logs and she flat out told me that she could tell I had not logged in for a long time. It was clear to her that I was not using the service. She said she was putting in a request for a refund for me for just one of the months, $9.95. It wasn't like I was asking her to refund every month that I had not used the service... that amount would be much higher than $9.95! I only asked for one month.  I received an email this morning, less than 24 hours after the request, that my refund was not approved. They are holding on to every dime with a death grip. I sent one email, informing them that they had permanently lost me as a customer and that I would make sure to leave reviews everywhere I go in hopes of saving someone else from having to deal with this insanity. If we customers want to cancel, we should be allowed to cancel. If we don't use the service, we should be entitled to a refund within reason. (One month out of many is definitely within reason, is it not?) I hope that someone else will read this and steer very clear of ScoreSense. Go with someone else... (((competitor's name redacted)))... anyone else, really. These people only want your money, every last little dime of it that they can squeeze out of you.sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company, ..plus, if you post a competitors name more than likely they will show up on search engines as a Rip-off! - - your comments on this policy are welcome. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. In this case we removed an alleged competitors name
Aug 09 2012
scoresense cheated me out of 60 bucks Internet
took 60 bucks from my checking account, never showed up anywhere on their site it was 29,99 a month was supposed to be 1 dollar each for mine and my husbands credit score, wouldn't refund my money because they said I didn't cancel before  3 to 5 days, it didn't show up until on my account  9 days later very convenient. How could I cancel when I didn't even know I had signed up for it . It's  a shame to rip old people off like that.
Aug 10 2012
scoresense BOGUS NUMBERS.Their numbers are far from accurate. Dallas, Texas
I checked my scores with 3 different companies on August 8th 2012.The scoresense numbers were much lower than the 2 other companies. When I contacted them to dispute the numbers, I was told they would not do anything about them for 30 days so I cancelled my membership and Scoresense refuses to refund the $29.95.
Aug 30 2012
ScoreSense Hidden GOTCHA terms and NO WAY OUT Internet
Like the many others who've been ripped off by these scammers, I unknowingly got locked into a monthly subscription that is well hidden under many layers on this black hole of a website. This company (of thieves) advertises on web pages for senior housing--the implication being that an applicant must get a ScoreSense credit check in order to apply. Point-of-sale, spur-of-the-moment, and advertised as FREE. I never saw the obscure, ass-covering small print that said it was a one-week free trial, after which ScoreSense would be FREE to drain my bank account. Free for them, costly for me. Okay, I didn't pay enough attention to my credit card statement, or I would have noticed the repeating monthly charge back in May. Now they won't give me back the $120 they've taken since then, even though I never knowingly agreed to pay them one sent. Beware ScoreSense--and learn from my mistake!
Oct 05 2012
ScoreSense Charged for service I didn't sign up for. Dallas, Texas
Charged for credit protection service that I didn't agree to.

Approximately 539 Reports Found