SEARS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Sears

There may be more reports for "Sears"

For more results perform a general search for "Sears"

Showing 76-100 of 2,837 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Sears"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jun 17 2004
Panasonic - Sears ripoff Dothan Alabama
I purchased a panasonic digital camcorder just before Christmas from Sears. Model #PV-DV203. With the purchase came a rebate for a free battery pak. I filled out the paperwork, sent it in to the appropriate address, but as of March, I still had not received it. I started calling and harassing people, and finally received a letter in the mail saying I would receive my battery pak no later than Arpil 30, 2004. It is not June, and I still have not received my battery pak. I have started calling the Sears company, and the Panasonic companies with my complaints again. I am getting the run around, with no good results. These people want you to just give up and forget about it. I know it's only a battery pak, but give me a break....I spent over $500.00 for this product, and I don't think by them promising to send me something that costs $20.00 is going to kill them....especially since they promised it to me in the first place. These people, both Sears and Panasonic are LAME when it comes to rebates! Paula 36330, AlabamaU.S.A.
Entity: Dothan, Alabama
Nov 30 2007
Sears Possible Internet Scam Internet
Below, starting from the bottom you will find three e-mails I sent to the DOJ the problems I've encountered through trying to purchase Christmas gifts from www.sears.com. This is the second update. Notice below the two transactions copied from my online banking. The two previous emails I sent are found at the bottom of this email. 11/29/07 CKCD DEBIT 11/26 SEARS.COM 9300 800-676-5543 IL 46470 68.47 11/29/07 CKCD DEBIT 11/26 SEARS.COM 9300 800-676-5543 IL 46526 152.43 So, I log-on to my internet banking site expecting to see a credit according to what Bryan from Cadence customer service said yesterday. Hmmm...yeah, your seeing it right...DEBIT!!! Also, I find it interesting how Sears broke out the sale into two different transactions. The $68.47 was the garbage disposal and the $152.43 was the toys. They were all on one order with one confirmation number. In the cancellation email remember I said that it only showed the garbage disposal being canceled. I called Cadence customer service again and spoke with Katie. She said that Sears did not cancel the transaction and that I could go to one of my bank branches and fill out some error report and they would take care of it. Uggg. She said that what Bryan had told me yesterday, sounds like what many of the hotels do. They get an authorization when you check-in and don't process until you check-out. So, I asked Katie again to make sure I was understanding correctly that Sears did not have any pending credit transactions or do anything to stop the transaction from processing and she said, No. Also, while I get the joy of making a trip to the bank, it could take up to 72 hours to show on my account. ----- Forwarded Message ---- From: Little Girl To: askdoj@usdoj.gov Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:30:45 AM Subject: Possible Sears Internet Scam - Continuation This is an update to the email I sent yesterday seen below. I checked my online banking and the $220.90 is still in check card authorizations and my available balance still reduced by the $220.90. I called the bank to find out why it was still in authorizations. Bryan at the 1-800 Cadence Bank customer service number said that the transaction will expire tonight. I guess when Sears canceled the order, in a way, they canceled my banking transaction by not processing it all the way. So, as far as me thinking they were getting an interest free loan was incorrect, but I still think it's unethical that my money can be tied up for an entire week because Sears let the transaction go as far as it did only to cancel. The order was for 4 toys for my son and a garbage disposal...on the cancellation email it only said that the garbage disposal was canceled, but said my account will be credited the full amount. When I called customer service at Sears, they told me the entire order was canceled. I will NEVER shop with Sears again unless I'm taking it home with me. Sincerely, Laura Marble ----- Forwarded Message ---- From: Little Girl To: AskDoj@usdoj.gov Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:56:46 AM Subject: Possible Sears Internet Scam I wanted to know how many other people out there are being used as a financing company by Sears? I ordered $220.90 worth of Christmas gifts from www.sears.com on Thanksgiving night. On my banking website, I can see where the $220.90 is in the Check Card Authorization for 11/27/2007 and my available balance is reduced by this amount. Normally, this would be fine. However, I received an e-mail on Monday, November 26, 2007 saying that the order could not be completed and my account will be credited. When I called customer service yesterday at 1-800-349-4358, customer service said the order had been canceled and it takes 3-4 days for the credit to appear. My concern is they had no right to process my account without making sure they had the products for sell. The items are NOT on backorder, the order was canceled by Sears. To me, that is the same as charging you in the store, and then coming out onto the parking lot to take items back and say you will receive a credit next week. Another thing, today is Wednesday and the order was placed Thursday night...today would make day 6! I am not a bank, nor do I extend loans...not even to Sears. When I told customer service I wanted my account credited today (yesterday's conversation) or I was going to the news, she hung-up on me. I know $220.90 does not sound like alot, but how many other people out there are Sears getting INTEREST FREE LOANS from? Also, when I originally tried to order, there were two items that came up not available for delivery to my address. I called Sears, and customer service explained the warehouse near where I lived was out-of-stock. I understood and appreciated that. Why weren't my other items flagged? Lastly, in the e-mail notifying me that my order had been canceled, it listed only one of the five items I ordered as a canceled item. If only one item was canceled, then why was the entire order canceled? Sincerely, Laura Marble Bluesaturday Caledonia, MississippiU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Sears
Dec 11 2007
Sears Dishonest and Demonic Ramona California
My house Burned to the Ground in the San Diego Firestorm. I found a metal box, full of charred Craftsman tools. Great! With lifetime, unlimited guarantee. NOT! They only say that to trick you into giving them money. They don't really honor their 'guarantees' or give a damn about any fire victims. If they were interested in g ood PR, they would ADVERTISE that they are helping victims, not screw them quietly. Just bad PR, and I now refuse to ever set foot into one of their cesspools. David Ramona, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Ramona, California
Oct 24 2007
Sears Unbelieveable Incompetance South Boston Virginia
I have two complaints. The first one involves an estimate and installation of a heat pump. I live 4 hours away from the house involved and set up a date to meet with a salesman for an estimate of installing a heat pump. They never showed up the first time. The second time they never showed, either, but left a message on my phone that they were at the house. I was at the house, and they never came. The third time, when I called to verify the meeting the night before, I was informed that no such meeting was scheduled and would you like to reschedule now?. I told them that I was fed up with them and no, I would go with another company. A few hours later I was called to inform me that Sears would be there the next day. They did show up. I am to get a call for an installation date. We shall see. The second complaint is over a range and range hood that were supposed to be delivered the same day as the third appointment with Sears heating and cooling. While I was driving down there, I received a phone call that they could not deliver the range because the glass was broken. I told the delivery man that I would call Sears to reschedule a delivery date. (This was Friday, so I planned to call Monday.) On Monday morning, before 7 a.m., I received a call from Sears delivery that they had the range and range hood to be delivered that day. I told the delivery man that I had not arranged this date, and that I was 4 hours away and would need to call Sears (again) to arrange a date where I could be down there. I guess I have an additional complaint as well. I had called Sears to verify the delivery, talking to a robot the whole time, and was transferred to a fax machine!!! Once I got a human being, I told her THREE TIMES that I could not receive cell phone reception in this area so no one could call me once I was in that house. The woman did not seem to understand this and three times told me that they could call when these things were on their way. I kept telling her that I could not get phone reception, but she did not seem to hear me. I simply cannot believe the total incompetance of Sears. I truly believe that a prerequisite for being hired by Sears is that you have no more than a double-digit I.Q. I will follow up with this once (and IF) my heat pump is installed, and my range and range hood are delivered. Martha Winchester, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: South Boston, Virginia
Feb 21 2008
SEARS Service Contract & Sevicemen Orlando Florida
I purchased a Sears warranty contract, for the second time. The first year of the contract all was fine. The second year of the contract was horrible. Customer Service appointment makers lie. When you call they promise a certain day and a window between 8am-12pm. When they call to confirm the appointment they give a window of 8am-5pm and the serviceman shows up around 6-7pm. Customer Service tells me the parts are on the service truck. Lie. My part had to be ordered and it took a week for the part to arrive. After arrival I'm told to call back for an appointment, which takes another 3 days and Customer Service gives me the same lip service regarding the 8am-12pm window, and when they call its the same window again 8am-5pm. The part is replaced. Two weeks later the entire washer shows F which means brain is dead and nothing works on the washer. Call Sears again. Get the same lies and run around. The Serviceman arrives and can't find the problem and calls help. Decision is brain but part is not on truck. No problem the part is at a local store. So serviceman tells me he'd pick up the part and PROMISES to return the very next day with the part and finish fixing the washer. Next day no Serviceman. Call Sears again and am told part is on truck however my appointment was set for three days later. I advised Customer Service what the serviceman promised and the part is on the truck so why can't he keep his promise. Customer Service won't budge. Appointment in three more days. However they will file a complaint with Customer Relations and a Customer Relations person will call me to resovle the complaint. No call from Customer Relations. Sears is a LAIR. Appointment maker are LIARS. Customer Service Reps are LIARS. Serviceman are LIARS. In the mean time I've taken three days off from work without pay and had to wash my clothes ate the laundrymat. I will never purchase a product from Sears because of the Service Warranty. This is just a short version of what I've really went through with Sears Service. BUYER BEWARE !! Patsy Winter Park, FloridaU.S.A.
Jan 15 2008
Sears Warranty service is a joke! Nationwide
I recently contacted a Sears customer service representative to schedule repairs on a refrigerator that I had purchased. Instead of giving me a time to work with, they stated that it would be within the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. After explaining that wouldn't work for me, as I have a job and don't have the vacation/sick leave to take a full day off, I asked to speak with a supervisor. Supposedly I was transferred to a supervisor who reiterated the same information the customer service rep had already told me. I said, that I was the customer, and therefore always right, (even when I'm not) that I HAD to have a time scheduled, because I had to give advance notice at work, and needed to come home and be there when they arrived. I was also informed, that I couldn't even request a more accurate time a bit closer to the date--unless I wanted to call them the day before service so that they could give me a half-day time frame. I couldn't choose morning or afternoon, and I barely got them to agree to have the repairman call me before he arrived to let me know he was on his way....and I'm not sure if they will hold up that end of the deal anyway. I'm not counting on it. The supervisor then informed me that I was NOT right, he had no ability whatsoever to change the system. If that is the case, what is the point of having supervisors??? If they can't do something simple like change the system, then they might as well be demoted to customer service rep. A computer does what YOU tell it to do, not the other way around. After having said this, I was informed that it was policy to leave it this way as stated in my warranty contract. Since this is policy now, instead of the system, I'm not sure what to believe. I have decided that the warranty offered by Sears, while it used to be a good investment, is now a scam to sap more money out of you while making you inconvenienced so that you don't end up using their service. I think that translates into a ripoff, don't you?? Anyway, I filed a complaint with the National Customer Service people, and if enough people do that, Sears will have to do something about this problem. It's bad for business to have dissatisfied customers--especially when they plan to tell everyone that they possibly can about their dissatisfaction. Beckers Small Town, KansasU.S.A.
Dec 18 2007
Sears need proofreaders ! Bristol virginia
well it has happened again sears can't get the prices right ! trying to order tools for husband sears advertising an air tool combo for 12.88 won't sell it to me because somebody messed up the price it should have been about 300.00 well, fix it before you advertise it ! 2 hours of getting the run around from location to location and 800 numbers, they refused to sell the advertised price. this is not the first time, it seems to be a habit with sears in store and web site. they will not honor these errors at all. we spend thousands on tools and we are taking our business elsewhere. this is very bad business. i am sure it has happened to others, they should take some of that money and hire proofreaders to make sure these advertised prices are correct or else they should honor them. they seem to be a business of dishonest manner. give a price, get you in and tell you , sorry we are out on the sale day at opening (yeah right) or we are fixing the problem....fix it before you loose customers to other business'....come on sears get with it ! Tenerc Elizabethton, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: Bristol, Virginia
Feb 08 2008
Sears Sears.com ripoff Sanford, NC Nationwide
My wife purchased a kegorator for me for our anniversary from Sears.com on 15 January for a Superbowl party on 3 February. Product was to be delivered on 1 February to a local store. When we called, we were told that the product was backordered. When I called Sears.com they stated that the product was delivered, but no longer in stock. Basically the store received the a kegorator and sold it to someone else, then told us it was backordered, basically guaranteeing 2 sales. When I confronted Sears they stated that they couldn't verify that the product was sold. This is 2008. Why couldn't they verify the information. The truth is they chose not to and they didn't care about me. Bottom line, they don't think the consumer can influence others. Brownjc97 Sanford, North CarolinaU.S.A.
84, Report #196873
Jun 17 2006
Sears ripoff Oklahoma City Oklahoma
I bought this Elipical Exercise maching from Sears in South Oklahoma city and it broke down in a few months. the console wasnt showing any nos. just a blank blue screen. i took the console to Sears and the customer service was pathetic. there wasn't an element of compassion and/or politeness. a clerk there told me that either i have to bring in the whole unit (not the console alone) to have them check it. To have someone come out and look at it, i have to pay $99.00 and then for labor and parts, extra. this is ridiculous. this is the worst customer service i ever had. Stan Oklahoma city, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: Oklahoma City, klahoma
85, Report #208406
Aug 29 2006
Sears Lemon Madison Nationwide
My Wife and I purchased a side by side Refrigerator from Sears in November of 2004. It's worked to satisfactory up until this past May, 2006. Since May we've had 4 Service Tech's from Sears at our home to look at the problem. The Problem is that it's not cooling. The Freezer is working ok, but has frost build up on the back panel. We lived out of a cooler 4th of July weekend because it was 5 working days before someone from Sears could get to us. Now, we're living out of a cooler again and just brought home our new born son who's all of 6 days old. The first time the repair man defrosted the freezer. The second time, the tech stated hot air was coming in from the ice and water part on front of the fridge. The third tech said that nothing was wrong, that I should turn the thermostat down off factory setting, from 37 to atleast 35. Well, it's on 33 right now and is still luke warm. We're expecting a service tech tomorrow. It's hard to imagine what this fool well tell us if he's like the other clowns they've sent out. Sears keep saying we'll only get a replacement fridge if 4 of the same things go wrong in a years time. Or, if it is deemed un-repairable. Please be aware of Sears and not only their product, but their Service and Tech Department as well. Timothy Madison, IndianaU.S.A.
Sep 19 2006
Sears ripoff Nashville Tennessee
I called Sears Repair when my Kenmore washer broke down. It would get half-way a cycle and stop. The repairman came to my house on June 6, 2006 said he repaired my washer and charged me $180.00 of which only $24.00 was for a part. This past week, my washer started doing the same thing it did before the repair. I call Sears and they informed me that since my 90 days ran out last week, they would not do anything unless they charged again. James Tupelo, MississippiU.S.A.
Entity: Nashville, Tennessee
Sep 13 2006
SEARS ripoff Hoffman Estates Illinois
I've owned a Sears water softner for the past seven years and have religiously purchased the maintenance agreements. On 9/7/06 I contacted Sears warranty for my annual inspection for a service technician (Sears private contractor) to carry out an annual inspection as provided in my Sears policy. The following events occurred on 9/12/06: The techncian called informing that he'd be at my home, Weatherford, Texas between 1P and 3P. I told him that I most likely wouldn't be home and described the outside location of the softner. About 2:30P, I called the tech asking what he'd done. He informed me that he'd replaced the ventori (sp) and other attendant parts and recycled the system. He said everything was O.K. I challenged that he hadn't actually been to my home as I had been there about the time he would have conducted this service. He began to say that he return on Friday. He couldn't describe my home, dog, etc. I pressed him to just tell me the truth. The tech eventually hung up on me! I was FURIOUS! I immediately called Sears Customer Service. Informing them of my suspicions. They contacted the private contractor owner who said he'd look into the matter and would have another attendant out on Friday; I was incredulous! They were treating this as if the tech had merely missed an appointment. I told the owner if tech had lied and worked for me, I'd fire him! He was not only lying but was stealing from me and Sears. The tech ultimately called me, admitting that he had LIED and had not been at my home at all, apoligizing, and commenting that he'd be out on Friday, 9/15/06. I told him not to set foot on my property. The tech went on to explain how easy it was to do the inspections on water softners, rarely was there a problem, and most customers never knew if he'd been there or not; He claimed that I was the one and only time he'd ever lied about this service scam, and that he was actually a great employee; employed as a tech for the past three years. I recontacted Sears and informed that the tech admitted to lying to me and no service was done on my softner at all. I informed that I wanted a refund of the current warranty, about $118 for the past year, and past years. I was concerned that I'd been lied to previously, as no one was usually present when the service was allegedly done. Sears said they would conduct there own investigation. They asked me the location of my water softner and if the tech knocked on my door? I replied, Don't you understand! He just called me and admitted that he lied and didn't do the service. It doesn't matter where my water softner is located. Again, I couldn't believe what I was hearing from Sears. They were rather indignant and seemed skeptical of my claims of tech lying. I strongly urge anyone who has or has had a Sears water softner service agreement in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area. or elsewhere, to insure they have not been a victim of a lying technician. And, most importantly that their water softner has been properly maintained. This past evening I cut up all my Sears cards and cancelled out my Sears accounts. My wife and I made our first major purchase of a Sears washer and dryer in Birmingham, Alabama in 1972. We'd been loyal Sears customers as we have many major Sears appliances in our Texas home. No more...never again will I darken the doors of a Sears. I anxiously await the results of their investigation..... Steve Weatherford, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Hoffman Estates, Illinois
88, Report #209611
Sep 05 2006
Sears ripoff St Joseph Missouri
I purchased a washer from Sears on August 25th but it was not going to be available for us to pick up until August 31. My husband picked the washer up and brought it home. He is a service engineer for an office products company and he knows how to install an appliance. We were able to wash one load when the washer quit spinning. We let it sit for a day and tried it again, and the washer wouldn't work at all. When I called Sears repair center, the customer service man who answered asked me what I had washed. I told him a blanket. His response was maybe you will need to take it to an industrial washer next time. I am a 55 year old woman who has had my previous washer for 14 years, so I think I know what can and can't go into a washer. He then told me he could not schedule anyone until Saturday September 9th and at that it would have to be between 9:00 am and 5:00 p.m. I indicated that since this was a brand new item I wanted someone sooner than Saturday, and he told me that he couldn't do any better. I called the store for the fourth time, and got the store manager and she indicated to me that she could not do anything about it as the service center doesn't even listen to her. She did say she would see if she could find me a local technician and call me back I never heard from her again. I had to make four calls to Sears to even find out who to contact. This is unacceptable to me and they didn't show the least bit of concern in getting this repaired sooner. I am sending the washer back, and canceling my accounts with Sears and I urge everyone else to do the same. Sears is staffed with morons!!!! Kathy St Joseph, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: St Joseph, Missouri
Aug 01 2008
Sears Kenmore Elite - buyer beware Enid Oklahoma
We purchased a Sears Kenmore Elite Trio in November 2006. In September it quit cooling, it took a week to get someone out. Then it still was not fixed, they had to order a fan motor kit and come back 21 days later to put the part on. Then in January 2008 it quit working again. This time it was the compressor. Again, had to order the part but this time we only had to go 9 days before they came back to replace it. However, they did let us get a dorm refrigerator to use and said that we could keep it even after ours was fixed and they would credit our Sears card for the purchase, after 3 months of waiting and not getting credited we took it back. We just got back from vacation 7/31/2008 and came home to a hot refrigerator and all of our food ruined. The local Sears store said that there was nothing they could do. Onesource, a part of Sears, said it would be a week before they could get a tech out. In the meantime we have no frig and the store manager said he has no loaners. After spending our last day of vacation on the phone we finally got a tech to come out. Apparantly the tech that replaced the compressor did not get all the caps tight enough and all the freon leaked out. So this guy tightened the caps filled it w/freon and it started cooling. We then went to get groceries to refill the frig, brought them home put them away went to rent a movie and came home to a frig that was now 51 degrees and a freezer that was 15 degrees. Again we called and they told us it would be Monday - 3 days - before anyone could get out here. Still no loaners and all newly purchased groceries will be wasted. Do not buy from Sears, the customer service is horrible. We have dealt w/Lowes and there is no comparision. Young3 Enid, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: Enid, Oklahoma
Oct 14 2008
Sears hosed us on web order Internet
We ordered a clearance patio furniture set on sears.com. They accepted our order and said it would ship within 5 business days. They even sent a follow up note to say it was getting ready to ship. After it had not arrived a week later, I called Sears and they said that they had canceled the order and that I should have gotten an email that day. I never received the email, not that it would have done me much good a week later. We were searching for end of season bargains for our new patio and had quit looking after they accepted our order. We had passed up several items in stores that are now sold out. The person I spoke to online was very snippy and said that they retain the right to cancel any order at any time and that it was just too bad if I didn't like the way they handled things. I had refrained from buying from Sears for a very long time because of how they treated me 20 years ago. Guess I'll be crossing them back off my list. I spoke to someone in their store and she said she'd heard they were doing this to a lot of online consumers. Thadamstown Adamstown, MarylandU.S.A.
Jul 11 2007
Sears Refrigerator Warranty Ripoff Timeliness Nationwide
We bought our refrigerator from Sears less than three years ago. Last night, I noticed the freezer wasn't freezing. I called Sears Repair. Earliest appointment is six days out. Maddening, but only an inconvenience as we do have a larger freezer in the garage. This morning, realized that the refrigerator part was ALSO not cooling. Called Sears back, assuming they would up the repair date since a family can't live without a refrigerator. NOPE. Sorry Charlie. That's the earliest date. They do it first come, first served, no matter level of importance. To top it off, I then respond, so my only choice is to pay a repair person to come out and fix it? I was told that to do so would VOID our warranty. So, we're stuck. Our only REAL choice? I went on Craigs list and found a cheap refrigerator to buy for the garage. Don't shop Sears! And if you do, don't bother with the service agreement.... it's worthless! Jill Kirkland, WashingtonU.S.A.
Feb 27 2007
Sears RIPOFF OVECHARGED Portage Indiana
I WENT IN TOO SEARS TOO GET MY TIRE CHECKED AS IT WAS LOW AND MAKING NOISE I WAS TOLD IT WAS MY BREAKS SO THEY CHANGED THEM AND CHARGED 724.00 AND I HAD TOO TAKE THE CAR BACK 3 TIMES AS THEY WERE NOT RIGHT AND THE FUMES FROM THE BREAKS GAVE ME A HEADACHE AND ALSO MY GRANDDAUGHTER THE FUMES WERE SO BAD THAT SHE GOT A SORE THROAT AND LOST HER VOICE. I WAS TOLD LATER BY A FRIEND TOO NEVER TAKE YOUR CAR TOO SEARS FOR NOTHING BUT TIRES AND THEY RIP YOU OFF JUST LIKE THEY DID ME. THANKS LINDA Linda Portage, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: Portage, Indiana
Aug 24 2007
Sears Identity Theft Ripoff Meriden Kansas
My identity was stolen and I am fighting with other people working in other states using my identity like NC, TX and where ever else No one will help me I can't work because of someone has gotten tickets in a State which I have never been or threw. I don;'t know what else is being used and I am already dealing with IRS with taxes that they think I owe and didn't claim because I've never worked in those places. Jose Meriden, KansasU.S.A.
Entity: Meriden, Kansas
Aug 12 2007
Sears Refrigerator Warranty Ripoff Chicago Illinois
OK... Sears finally came out to check the refrigerator. Yes, we needed a new compressor that needed to be ordered. But when the service guy checked the next available appointment? Two MORE weeks without a refrigerator, for a total of THREE weeks without a refrigerator during a heat storm. Sigh.... finally works. Here's my original ripoff report... We bought our refrigerator from Sears less than three years ago. Last night, I noticed the freezer wasn't freezing. I called Sears Repair. Earliest appointment is six days out. Maddening, but only an inconvenience as we do have a larger freezer in the garage. This morning, realized that the refrigerator part was ALSO not cooling. Called Sears back, assuming they would up the repair date since a family can't live without a refrigerator. NOPE. Sorry Charlie. That's the earliest date. They do it first come, first served, no matter level of importance. To top it off, I then respond, 'so my only choice is to pay a repair person to come out and fix it?' I was told that to do so would VOID our warranty. So, we're stuck. Our only REAL choice? I went on Craigs list and found a cheap refrigerator to buy for the garage. Don't shop Sears! And if you do, don't bother with the service agreement.... it's worthless! Jill Kirkland, Washington U.S.A. Jill Kirkland, WashingtonU.S.A.
95, Report #441969
Apr 08 2009
Sears NE Phila Many inconsistencies & untruths... Philadelphia Pennsylvania
I am actually writing this on behalf of my boyfriend since his frustration level peaked long ago..At any rate, on Black Friday (November 2008) , he purchased a Kenmore front-load washer, dryer & two floor pedestals for a pretty reasonable price. He was then told by Sears that the washer & dryer were out of stock until Feb 2009 (for which he didn't have a problem with, which was quite different from my feelings)! Ok, so February comes around & he's contacted by Sears that they will deliver the washer, dryer & pedestals in early February (which happened to be a workday that he took off for this purpose). Two delivery guys came with the washer & dryer. He then informed them that he'd also ordered two pedestals for which they were not aware. But after going back out to the truck to look, lo & behold, the pedestals were found! The delivery drivers then informed him that they were the wrong pedestals for his machines & that they would be back out to deliver the right pedestals on the following Sunday. For his trouble, he was to receive a $50 gift card.... Sunday comes & goes without a delivery or word from Sears. My boyfriend calls to find out when he should expect the pedestals & he was then told that those particular pedestals are no longer being manufactured & that his original order for the pedestals had been cancelled! After several visits to the store to speak w/two different floor managers to try & resolve this issue, it was all in vain. He could not seem to get a return call & when calling the customer service center, he was basically told that they could not resolve the issue because they could not make outgoing calls;they could only accept incoming calls. This is not a joke, I witnessed this phone conversation first hand! I even faxed a complaint letter to a fax number provided on the corporate website; it's located in Hoffman Estates, IL, but still nothing happened. When he'd finally had enough, he cancelled the order & contacted Sears to come back & pick up the washer & dryer since the pedestals were no longer available. He was then told because he was cancelling the order that they could not issue the $50 gift card that he was originally promised because he was cancelling the order . During this time, the cost of the washer & dryer hit his Sears account & Sears had the audacity to charge him a 15% restocking fee! Again, he had to make several phone calls to get the charge removed & finally about two weeks ago (mid-March 2009), he spoke with yet another manager at the Sears NE location to have the restocking fee removed, along with the credit for returning the washer & dryer. This manager also promised him a $50 gift card for his trouble, but still he has not rec'd it to date. I still cannot believe a store like Sears allows something as unfortunate as this to happen, especially considering the current economic conditions & with businesses needing loyal customers now more than ever! Quietgirl7 Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Apr 03 2010
Sears Sears.com surcharg Internet
 On the Sears.com site and found a bike jack on sale $69.99 for a 1500 lb motorcycle jack. I add it to my cart and continue to check out. When I get to the shopping cart, I almost fell out of my chair. It says Shipping is $12.34 and Surcharge is $65.00. It was twice the stated sale price,   I allmost clicked on order tell I saw this hiden surcharge. I used the online chat and they said yes we chare a hidden $65 surchage on this item if I have it shiped to me sicne there is a small amout of fluid in the item. I asked if I could pick it up at one of the local Sears stores and they said no! I had to have it shiped and pay the $65 surcharge.   This is vary wrong Sears charges twice the sale price and hides this from you tell you place the order. Sears needs to ether remove the surchare or add it to the stated price. I can't buy it at the price they state on the Sears.com site and have to pay twice as much!! BAD SEARS!!!!! BAD!!! Your site is a scam that hides the real price form us consumers.
Nov 08 2010
Sears Repair/customer service issues Chicago, Illinois
It started with a dishwasher I bought from them. I had them out 4-5 times while it was under warranty, for the same problem. It wouldn't stay latched closed during the wash cycle. Each time I  had to take a 1/2 day off work. They would replace the latch. Sometimes i had to take another 1/2 day off if they had to order the latch. When I threatened to return it, they made some calls and found out their computer had not been updated with the new parts for it. A different latch was ordered and now it is fine. But Sears feels no responsibility for any of this. All the money I lost in pay because of their faulty records and ordering the wrong parts.Then the fridge started having problems. About 2 weeks after the 1 year warranty. The ice maker quit working. Not too worrisome, I needed to wait to make the appt until I could take time off work. So I made it for a couple weeks later. Then about a week later, on a Monday, I took something out of the freezer and it wasn't frozen. I tried to call for an appt. They couldn't come out until Thursday  I tried to argue but it was outsourced and all they would do is read the script. So I had to take off 1/2 day. And they didn't show. I went on Blue Crew and confirmed the appt. Still no show at 5:30. back to Blue Crew. Now they deny the appt. Nothing until next Thursday. I tell them I already have one for Tuesday that I made a couple weeks ago. They say it isn't there. Thursday is all they have , next week. Now my fridge is also not working. I go back in my emails and get the confirmation # for Tuesday. They finally show on Tuesday. Have to order the part. I have now lost everything. The part comes in and another appt is made for morning. Again they don't show up. They think I am made of money that I can afford all these repairs and time off from work? I addressed this with them later and they said they don't reimburse for lost wages, no matter the cause. Anyway, I called Blue Crew and confirmed AGAIN and received a call about 2 pm telling me they were sorry but instead of being first on the list I got put last on the list. Nobody showed until 4pm. A whole day off work.Sears has showed no compassion, nor offered any help with the whole situation. They took no responsibility for their missed appointments and what it cost me in lost wages and job security. The number of times I have ha to take off have cost me dearly in both. But they say they can not make an exception for anyone or anything.
Entity: Chicago, Illinois
Mar 22 2010
SEARS Sleazy advertising, deceptive practices Internet
Last Monday, I was buying a birthday present and went to the SEARS website to purchase the gas grill he mentioned he really wanted. It was on sale with an additional 10% off if I purchased the grill online and picked it up in the store. Great! You've got a deal!, I thought. So, I purchased the item and planned to pick up the grill the next day. The next day I called the store I selected online to make pickup arrangements and was told that they did not have my order. I called the customer service number and was told that the item I purchased--and, so I thought--paid for, was not in stock and my order had been canceled. I asked if there were any that could be shipped to me and was told that SEARS doesn't ship this item. I asked if there were any within 75 miles that I could pick up, and was told no. I was told to check back on Friday as most stores received stock then. I checked back on Friday, but the item was still not in stock. I checked back again today--and still--nothing in stock. I called back and asked if I could just order the item and when it was in stock I could just come get it. I was told that SEARS doesn't do this either.  I was told to pick another item, so I asked the customer service rep to check on 4 additional grills in the 0-$250 range and NONE of those were in stock either. I think it's a sleazy buiness practice to advertise items on sale--much less offer additional discounts on--that they obviously do not have nor have any idea when they might receive. Why not remove it from the website? Why not offer a raincheck? I am suspicious that they refused to let me pay for the backordered item.... I think that SEARS has no intention of honoring those sales prices!!!!  I am very saddened that SEARS has stooped to such low, slimeball business practices like the cheaper retailers. I feel very baited and switched since the rep today had plenty of $500 grills that he tried to sell me..... BUYER BEWARE!! Sears is no longer the fullfilling the customer service and business practices that we used to expect.  They are just as manipulatve and sneaky as your local discount store.
Nov 29 2011
Sears Price Matching Internet
Trying to get Sears to price match local BestBuy ad conversing thru their Chat Service online. I provided the link that matched the units exactly. The Sears rep stated they did not honor BestBuy ads. When I tried to get a list of stores they did honor - the reply was that they do not provide such a list - OK, ended the call and left very negative feedback.Then I started another Chat with another representative, who acknowledged that they do match BestBuy, but they considered BestBuy's ad to be an extension of the Thanksgving Cyber Monday sale, although I reminded them it was Tuesday. Their reply was to check tomorrow....I really want to use Sears, but they are making it hard. If they do not honor it tomorrow, which is 2 days past Cyber Monday, I will be visiting BestBuy....
Dec 20 2011
SEARS DOES NOT REFUND! Internet
Sears will NEVER get another dime from myself, my friends, family, Facebook Friends, and Blog readers again. I purchased a refrigerator on November 28th 2011 and cancelled due to the fact I was gifted one by a friend. I cancelled my order on December 3rd 2011. I have called numerous times and have spoken to managers that have told me anything from It has been sent out to It hasn't even been cancelled. The refrigerator was never delivered the money was taken from my account and I cant even get a clear answer as to where my refund is. BUYERS BEWARE AND SHOP ELSE WHERE PLEASE. It is the Holiday season and I am out of $500 dollars until SEARS can see it in there heart to Refund me.

Showing 76-100 | Showing Page 4 of 114