VERIZON WIRELESS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Verizon Wireless

There may be more reports for "Verizon Wireless"

For more results perform a general search for "Verizon Wireless"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

May 14 2010
verizon wireless Screwed By verizon again Internet
 Boned by Verizon again. Been a member for 13years. Now to get a phone, I was told I had to have data package because it was necessary because of browser, I told them I wanted the same as daughter. I was told it was necessary to have data package because of up grades. Now I have NEVER used all my minutes, usually leave 300 or more on table. The last thing I wanted was to purchase something again waht I will NEVER use.  After getting said phone, I called and had service terminated.(new one was for 14 yr. old daughter). And lo and behold, I was able to terminate the service I was told I needed.  I am looking in a class action against this company. Any one else who has problems, e-mail me. I am going to make this company pay
Oct 09 2014
Jan 21 2010
Verizon - Verizon Wireless crooked as you can get Internet
  my girlfriend had an account with altell that she purchased for her daughter and she told them she would be joining in a month or so. They said no problem it would only be $9.99 a month and that would be no problem. After a month she went down to altell and they said were now verizon. They told her she would have to get a second line and that would have to be 130.00 or so she would have to pay for two accounts. The service kept dropping calls and  there map commercial is a joke they have very little coverage. We searched and found out that sprint was the best for are area. We told verizon to take a leap and there no coverage map went with it. we thought we would have to pay an early termination fee for a couple hundred dollars. she got a bill for $500 dollars and they called the same day and said something like are bill for cancellation is the 500 and altell agreement is 200, so she got a bill for 700.00 please stay away from these con artist they think they are this big company trying to smash the little guy down. Verizon your map really does suck and that commercial is so lame.
Feb 01 2010
Verizon - Verizon Wireless Deceptive practices over contract cancellation Internet
Once again, another oversize corporation uses it bureaucracy to manipulate a cancellation request for its own benefit to generate fees by forcing the facts to appear within their policies. I called and worked the expert phone system that Verizon is so famous for to cancel a phone line because I was changing to another carrier. They insisted that the call be made on a certain date to avoid charges. I complied their system and I received a billing statement showing a $28.64 balance on an account that was closed. When I called to request a check for the credit balance, first the account password was magically change internally. After guessing the new password, the powerless representative that cannot make a decision, consulted with a supervisor before discussing what should be a routine transaction. Then Verizon Wireless came back with another obstacle and invented a new early termination fee for an account that had already been closed. Once again, somehow the account was magically left open after having been closed. The account was left open for who, the hackers that break into their systems? It was just one obstacle after another with the intention of absorbing my $28 and trying to squeeze another $125 out of me. This is an evil posture that this and other corporate behemoths are taking. The use of their size and access to other systems generate unearned revenue from Other Fees & Charges from perverted legal clauses that have changed several times with a Notice of Change in Terms over the life of the contract. So we invent the rules as we go to suit the needs? All this on a pre-printed form that no one can read. There is no law in a place where the Rule of Law can be modified to suit the whims of the multinationals and mega-corporations. Unfortunately, in a legal and political environment that is influenced by lobbyists, the consumer has no voice and left fend for himself to argue with an un-yielding apologetic account representative so their massive technology systems can continue their justified harrasment. Where does it end?
Entity: Internet, Internet
Jun 22 2010
Verizon - Verizon Wireless Unethical Business Practice Internet
On 17 June 2010, I lost wireless service, called IT and was told it was my computer, so I purchased a new computer, 18 June 2010 was told it was the modem, drove to the store they loaded new modem, and I was able to get online.  Went home to discover it did not work, was told it was a bad modem by IT told them it was new and it worked fine at the store.  Well now they opened a trouble ticket and said they would call me on 20 June 2010, no service no call.  I called Mr Roberts and Mr Mulley in the Carolinas about having no service and what it has cost me, they will not return calls.  Now IT/Credit/Customer Service puts me on hold and then hangs up.  Bottom line it has been 6 days they have told all of us in the neighborhood they sent a technician out, to date we have not seen anybody.  Verizon will not allow me out of the contract because the opened a work order (Note:  If they open a ticket and never close it there is no way out of the contract) Verizon will string you along until the get it fixed no matter how long it takes.  They believe they are operating in good faith because they will not charge you for the days you do not have service.  But I am in online classes and they just say sorry for the money and grief they have caused me, but there is not fix time on the horizon.  Alvin and Santa Fe have gone down now and we will be fixed after them so I imagine it will be another week or 2 before we get service.  Do not go with Verizon they lie are unethical.  Above all else Verizon has no sense of urgency to resolve your problem they are only interested in keeping your money no matter how they do it.
Dec 03 2009
VERIZON WIRELESS Financial Services Verizon Wireless strikes again. Internet
I had long been a Verizon Wireless customer since 2004, but in 2009 when it came time for me to renew my contract and get a new phone, I had been told inaccurately what that plan was, being to include friends and family at 700 minutes, that was my catch between doing either verizon or ATT, and when I was told I couldn't do friends and family at 700 minutes, I dropped service and returned my phone (which I verified first with a sales rep from Verizon Wireless directly that I have 30 days to terminate when I was attempted to set up the friends and family and was furious that I'd have to add another 20 dollars to my monthly to get it! I don't need friends and family if I have 700 monthly minutes! Unless of course Verizon is calling me EVERY day and using up all my minutes by having me on hold and calling me for this bill that I am not liable for as a customer since I returned the phone by their 30 day contract termination agreement!). When I returned my phone to Best Buy, they terminated my Verizon services and transferred my number to my new ATT phone I had just received, as I had requested, and I asked if there was anything else, and the answer was no. I have spent countless hours on the phone with Verizon, as they force me to start over at the beginning of the entire situation at EVERY call because they have not once read the remarks, or if they had, not one prior representative recorded any... I have had NO difficulties returning the phone, I handed it directly to the very man I bought the phone from! Within 12 days of purchase! Not even half of the 30 day agreement!So now I am being charged for an early contract termination fee by Verizon because they claim I have not returned the phone, while the phone was returned to Best Buy, they sent it to a supply center or something, which then sent it to manufacturer, so at this point, Best Buy only has the receipt that I returned it, which is all they retain! So as such, Verizon Wireless is STILL calling me, EVERY day, at either 9 am or at 8 pm, eating up my ATT minutes like a rabid starving pack of wolves, costing me additional money, causing me undue stress, in a time of my life that everything has fallen apart with deaths in the family, my failing health, my studies being affected greatly, I simply don't have the time or the energy to be dealing with this COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE SITUATION! My part as the customer ended as soon as that phone left my hands into Best Buy's possession! I am NOT the customer anymore, Best Buy is! They should be calling them every day, NOT ME!They even had us on hold for almost 2 hours discussing with the man that I bought my phone from, they provided the dates of return, they said that I returned it to them directly, and the Verizon supervisor just stupidly, and yes, I mean stupidly, as if she lacked the mental cognizance to even be able to answer hello, what is your name? without 5 minutes of thought, that's how slow she was to answer my questions when the manager at Best Buy gave me the phone! She told me that one remarks said I had difficulty returning the phone! I said, I had NONE, I handed it directly to the person that I purchased the phone from! There is no difficulty in that! Why did it take this supervisor 5 minutes pause before saying ummm, well, ummm... the remarks... uh... said that... ummmm.... you had... ummmm... difficulty.... uhhh.... returning it... ummm.... so.... ummmm... uh.... I can't... uh.... ummmm.... uh... That was the conversation! I had to hand the phone back to the manager at Best Buy before I started screaming at her or just threw the phone across the store... I have been dealing with these phone calls for over 2 months now. This is completely unacceptable.
Mar 21 2014
Verizon Wireless Deceived by Verizon Wireless Moorpark California
  Deceived by Verizon Wireless On March 8, 2014, my husband and I went to a training session at Verizon Wireless in Moorpark, California to learn how to use our new phones. At the end of the session, the instructor told us that anything on the table was half off and that it was being sold at 50% off because it would create income for their training program. I was more than happy to help out when I saw a Gopro Hero 3 silver camera ($299.00 regular price) to buy for my son. All my questions led to yes, it’s 50%.  For that price I did not hesitate to purchase the item. This is what happened when we paid. They gave me my credit card receipt showing the full amount of the camera, but my credit card was charged half of the camera amount.  I couldn’t make sense of the receipt, but I was charged half of the amount $172.49 ($149 plus $23.49 tax on the entire $299 charge). Next, I get my Verizon Wireless bill with a $50 charge for equipment purchase and another $100 charge for equipment purchase. I took the bill to the Verizon Wireless store and they told me that those were the charges for the balance of the Gopro Hero 3 silver camera since it wasn’t part of the half off items on the table (I think they broke up the $150 so that it became difficult to figure out what was purchased). I returned the Gopro Hero 3 silver camera and got all my money back. Here is where I got lucky. I received my Verizon Wireless bill, a week after my purchase, which allowed me to see the $150 extra charge on my bill. I only had 14 days to return the Gopro Hero 3 silver camera, which made it just in time to get the refund. If I had gotten my bill after 14 days of the Gopro Hero 3 silver camera purchase, I would have owned the camera for the full price. There were about 10 people at the event and most of them were willing to make a purchase, I would like to know how many of them got scammed.
Entity: Moorpark, California
Nov 14 2016
verizon wireless Verizon Wireless 7Plus trade up SCAM Nationwide
I was told through the IPhone 7 promotion that I could trade in my IPhone 6plus cell phone and receive a new iPhone 7 plus phone by paying just the taxes. They now have told me that my phone - that could only be sent to them through the mail - was only worth $ 122.00, and that I will have to pay 39.00 a month for months in order to pay for this new 7plus phone. I told them that I wanted my old phone back and I would return this phone. They said that the 14 days were up so they cannot return my phone. I contacted them as soon as I received their email stating how little they would credit me for my 6plus. My 6plus was in excellent working condition. I was using it right up until the day I sent it to them. I had told them  there  was only a small 1/2 to 3/4' crack Above the screen, not even on the screen. I believe they deliberately waited to send me the email of how much they would credit me for my phone until it was too late to cancel my order. I received their email on Oct 28th. I responded immediately voicing my outrage, but they did not respond. I then spent 1 hour 21 minutes minutes on the phone November 3rd with Stacey rep explaining to her that I just wanted my old phone back and that I felt this was a scam and that is why they did not let me do the exchange in a store - in person. She said the best they can do is let me return the new phone and I won’t get charged for it, but I would not get my 6Plus back!!!! This is ridiculous. They said the fair market value of my new phone is $347, and fair market value of my 6plus is $245. Why are they trying to now charge me $36.24 for 24 months!!! I would like them to credit my bill for the 7 plus phone if they really cannot give me my old phone back - in the proper working condition it was in when it was sent to them. Nov 4, Matt called me and said he would decrease my data plan to offset my now increased bill, I said that does not help because I am still paying $850 for a phone I do not need. I said to either return my phone or give me a refurbished 6 plus. He said no. He then said he would give me another 300 off the cost of the phone. I said no because I would still be paying 500 for a phone I don’t need.
Jul 22 2014
Verizon Wireless Why I Left Verizon Wireless Abington Pennsylvania
Why I Switched to T-Mobile after 18 Years (1996-2014) as a Verizon Wireless CustomerJune 27, 2014Short Answer============My horrible experience with Verizon Wireless revealed a callous indifference to customer interests and concerns in a single-minded pursuit of revenue.A timeline of my experience is as follows.Thu 3/27/14===========I visited a Verizon Wireless store to upgrade my phone, but I went totally unprepared to engage with a slick salesperson. It did not occur to me that I needed to guard against getting hoodwinked, because upgrading my phone had always been a routine process. Also, since I had been getting a single bill for my landline and mobile services, I was not aware that Verizon and Verizon Wireless were now separate entities. Therefore I was not aware that a change regarding my home phone would completely severe my relationship with Verizon and upend the quality of service I was getting from them.I brought my latest bill with me to expedite the process of exchanging pertinent information. The salesperson looked at the bill and exclaimed that I could save money. I ended up being sold a 4-line More Everything plan that included (1) the phone, (2) a mobile hotspot (which I liked), (3) a cellular modem for my computer, and (4) a device called the Home Phone Connect (HPC) for my landline.I was dubious about replacing my unlimited data with this new plan’s 1 gigabyte of data. But I was assured that 1 gigabyte could fit my needs. Since I thought that Verizon and Verizon Wireless were the same company, I thought that the cellular modem and HPC were just replacement devices for my Verizon service. I did not know that I would be terminating my Verizon service and signing up for devices that involved Early Termination Fees (ETF).When I was asked to sign my name on the salesperson’s iPad and was told that the paperwork would be emailed to me, I thought I was merely signing my credit card receipt. If I had known that I was signing a contract for the cellular modem and HPC that involved ETF’s, I would have backed out. It was not explained to me what I was signing, and I was not offered a chance to read it. (In contrast the T-Mobile salespersons made sure that I read everything before signing.)Fri 3/28/14===========After reading the morning paper with my iPad Wall Street Journal app, I was shocked to see an email alerting me that I had exceeded my data allowance. The email advised me to increase my data plan to avoid an overage charge. I increased the plan to 2 gigabytes. My promised savings had thereby shrunk!Sat 3/29/14===========I took the cellular modem and HPC to the Verizon store to return them and revert back to Verizon’s cooper line and unlimited data. After the salesperson spoke with the store manager, I was told that they concluded that the email alert must have been in error, because I could not have used all my data. I was told that 2 gigabytes was more than enough for normal computing, and besides I could bring in a bill and have glitches corrected. Not believing that I would be willfully misled, I fell for that explanation.Wed 4/2/14==========I received another shocking email alert about exceeding my data allowance and that I should increase my data plan to avoid overage charges. Examination of my data usage indicated that the iPad Wall Street Journal app was using a quarter gigabyte per day. Still relying on the veracity of the Verizon Wireless salespersons, I concluded that this could not be correct. I figured that perhaps a calculation involving prorated data usage was amiss. I decided to wait until the start of my full monthly cycle on 4/7 to examine the readings on my data usage.Besides the data usage headache, it had become clear that the HPC had three significant shortcomings. They were (1) inferior sound quality, (2) inability to fax, and (3) the Caller ID displayed the number only – no name.The third shortcoming was extremely maddening, because even though my number is on the Do Not Call list I still get numerous junk phone calls. I routinely ignore calls that show “Unavailable” or something similar. Screening calls became surprising difficult with the HPC. I was avoiding legitimate calls whose number I did not immediately recognize. And I was picking up (and immediately hanging up) on junk calls with a local area code.Tue 4/8/14==========On this new monthly cycle, I checked my data usage and saw that my iPad Wall Street Journal app was indeed using a quarter gigabyte per day for one and a half gigabytes per week. My other computer usage was a quarter gigabyte per week. It became clear that I had been misled, and that a limited data plan – though OK for a mobile phone – was totally inappropriate for combined phone and home computing usage.Wed 4/9/14==========I called Verizon to get back my superior landline service with unlimited data.Tue 4/15/14===========A Verizon technician got me back onto Verizon. I felt relieved! It was like welcoming back an old friend whom I had unwisely underappreciated. I no longer had to guess whether or not a call was a junk phone call. I no longer had to curtail my everyday computer and iPad activities out of concern over data limits.I could tell from phone conversations that the technician had with his coworkers that they considered the Verizon Wireless HPC to be crap.I called Verizon Wireless to get the cheapest plan possible. The plan included a quarter gigabyte of data, but the representative gave me a bonus allotment of an extra gigabyte. So at this point I felt that I was in a good situation. I had landline and mobile service appropriate for me at a cost much less than my cost before the start of this bad experience.Thu 4/17/14===========I noticed on my Verizon Wireless bill that the salesperson had added extended warranties for the phone and mobile hotspot to my plan without my knowledge. I called Verizon Wireless to get them dropped.Also that day, I opted out of having Verizon Wireless retain my checking account and bank routing numbers.Mon 5/12/14===========I saw on my bill that Verizon Wireless had charged me an Early Termination Fee for reverting back to Verizon. This was truly an insult upon injury! After being hoodwinked into a frustratingly inadequate home phone service plan and then misled when I came to return it two days later, they were penalizing me for reverting back to a service that made sense for me. Essentially, Verizon Wireless sets up a Berlin Wall to discourage people from escaping, rather than offering something that would encourage people to stay.Tue 5/13/14===========I returned to the Verizon Wireless store to demand that they drop the ETF. But first I had to get pass someone who fed me the line that they could save me money on TV service, which was the same line with which I had already been duped. (Be prepared to be hustled at a Verizon Wireless store, especially if they feed you this line.)I explained the following to the person who waited on me. (1) It was not made clear to me that I was signing a contract for the HPC; I thought I was signing a credit card receipt. (2) I was misled about the adequacy of a 2 gigabyte data plan, when I came to return the HPC and cellular modem. (3) The HPC has inferior sound quality. (4) The HPC lacks a fax capability. (5) The HPC lacks a genuine Caller ID capability.After the person spoke with the manager, I was told that the manager was on a conference call and that I would receive a call around 4:00pm.I rehashed my experiences to the manager later that day. The manager essentially told me that I should have known that I was signing a contract. I was told that the ETF would not be dropped, but the restocking fee would be waived if I returned the HPC device. I stated that I intended to terminate all services. The manager’s response was “No problem.”Fri 5/16/14===========I called Verizon Wireless to terminate my remaining three services. I rehashed my experiences to the service representative’s obligatory “why” question. The representative informed me that services will automatically get dropped when I transfer to another carrier.Later that day I received an automated call from Verizon Wireless Customer Survey. I gave a zero to the likelihood that I would recommend Verizon Wireless, and then summarized my experiences for the obligatory “why” question. I received no further feedback. Apparently Verizon Wireless has no process for attending to an aggrieved customer who for 18 years paid each bill shortly after it arrived.Thu 5/22/14===========I visited a T-Mobile store – this time with my guard up – to inquire about their “We Pay Your ETF’s” promotion. I was pleasantly surprised to find a totally different corporate culture. The salespersons related to me as a human being rather than as a potential dupe.I transferred my phone and mobile hotspot services to T-Mobile; so they will pay those two ETF’s. Perhaps having some awareness of the anti-customer culture at Verizon Wireless, the salesperson said that now I no longer had to deal with them. Unfortunately I still had to have one more interaction with Verizon Wireless, because I had to terminate the cellular modem service.Fri 5/30/14===========I called Verizon Wireless to terminate my remaining service. To my surprise, upon answering the obligatory “why” question, the service representative expressed some empathy. The representative (1) apologized for my bad experiences, (2) noted that I had been a good customer since 1996, and (3) asked if there was something that could be done to keep me with Verizon Wireless. However it was too late; I had already switched to T-Mobile.Ironically if I had spoken with this representative earlier, I would probably still be with Verizon Wireless. I really liked the cellular modem. More than just a portable broadband wireless connection, it also provided a portable broadband Ethernet connection. So if needed, I could have had a broadband connection wherever I was whether or not a particular computer had a wireless antenna. Before switching I would have been willing to negotiate over the possibility of adding more bonus data to my monthly allotment.In closing, here are some reasons why a Verizon Wireless customer should consider switching to T-Mobile.1.T-Mobile will pay your ETF’s.2.In contrast to corporate culture at Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile’s is customer friendly. (Admittedly, a high confidence conclusion cannot be drawn from my small dataset. I could have unluckily chosen an anomalously anti-customer Verizon Wireless store.)3.T-Mobile will pay your ETF’s.4.T-Mobile’s hotspot device is nice. It can be tethered to deliver wireless broadband to a computer that lacks a wireless antenna. Or while tethered it can act as an external storage device. Also it has a large capacity battery, so it can charge or power other devices.5.Call forwarding with T-Mobile is extremely flexible. With Verizon Wireless, when I was home and wanted to receive calls to my mobile phone on my landline with my mobile phone turned off, I had to unconditionally forward my calls. Then I had to remember to turn off call forwarding, when I left the house. In contrast T-Mobile has four call forwarding modes: (a) unconditional, (b) busy, (c) don’t answer, and (d) unavailable (phone turned off). So in just one simple operation I was able to set modes 2 – 4 on my T-Mobile phone to forward calls to my landline. Now I no longer have to play the game of turning call forwarding on and off. Calls to my mobile phone automatically go to my mobile phone when it is on and to my landline when it is off.6.You can make calls over Wi-Fi with T-Mobile. So if Wi-Fi is available, you have coverage.7.And lastly, T-Mobile will pay your ETF’s.
Entity: Abington, Pennsylvania
Aug 02 2014
Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless TWC deals Nationwide
I was due for an upgrade on my Verizon Wireless and was told about a joint venture Verizon Wireless have with TWC for a $300 gift card from Verizon Wireless and $100 from TWC,if I get TWC triple package. I upgraded one phone in Jan 2014 and one in May 2014 and i signed up for new service withTWC in April 29. I called both Verizon Wireless and TWC and I was told I was eligible for the two gift cards. Verizon Wireless have a scam going. In May 1st I recieved an e-mail from verizonwireless-timewarnercable@tristarfulfillment.comthanking me for registring for the rewards card. In June 10 i recieved a follow up email stating that its been 45 days and i should be recieving my rewards after the 90 day promotional period. TWC have sent me the $100 gift card but Verizon wirelss changed the status of the rebate to Not Eligible For This Promotion. Now im stuck with 2 years with Verizon Wireless and no response from anyone about the promotion. I hace sent multiple e-mails andmade multiple calls but no one is willing to give me an answer for why they are not honoring thier deal.
Oct 07 2010
verizon wireless verizon wireless corprate gangesters, Internet
I purchased verizon wireless service of june 12th 2009, and ever since I have gotten their service I have had nothing but horrible experiences. They charge way too much for their services, and their costumer service is poor. Their costumer service representatives are located in India and the Philippenes for their billing department, in the year or more I have had their service I have had 22 issues with their billing department. They have disconnected my lines after 12 days of the bill cycle, which they knew my pay cycle of the 30th of each month, but I get payed the 15th of each month, I have had my line disconnected 8 times. Every time I have called and explained my pay cycle they told me they could not accomudate me with the bill cycle. And each time I reconnected they charged me 15 dollars each line totaling 30 dollars and could not do anything for me. The very last time my phone was disconnected for one day I payed them on the 4th $278.00, the billing representative from their call center in the phillipines, did not tell me their were data charges for one day of disconnection, of $348.32, when I called back for my next bill in August, I asked them to explain the charges to me, and they said that their was explanation on my bill. And that the billing service representative should have told me on the 4th of july when I made my payment. Verizon wireless are cell phone gangesters! because so many people have them they have 40 million costumers, more than any cell phone company, they can get away with murder. The costumer in their company does not matter! My advice for any one thinking of purchasing their services, are better off going to sprint pcs, I had them for five years before I switched, basically because I wanted a new phone for good price and they were selling me on it, I will never do business with verizon wireless ever again and any friends of mine I would recommend them to never use thier service and go with someone like sxxxx (((REDACTED))) , which gives the same call, internet, and mobile quality that they do or Txxx (((REDACTED))) service which I have now. There is a reason, they have 5 jd power and associates awards, but take it from me if your a loyal costumer to a company and you plan on staying with them for a awhile I would not do it with verizon wireless at all. I promise you you will be dissastified at the end of two years. Thank you for reading this, wish you good luck! sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company your comments on this policy are welcome! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Oct 10 2012
Verizon Wireless Take the Verizon Wireless ripoff challenge, Internet
Our company purchased two Verizon Wireless laptops from Verizon.com. We spent about three days trying to get them to work. There was a problem with the wireless connection and they would not connect to the internet. We took the laptops to our local Verizon store, twice, and the technicians were unable to get them to work properly either. Next we called Verizon and spent hours on the phone with Verizon. Nothing worked and both laptops were sent back for a refund. A refund was issued. Next we started receiving airtime bills for laptop airtime, which I remind you did not work. We called them and they insisted we were liable and had to pay over $300 in airtime. Finally after three or four supervisors and five or six phone calls, they gave us a 137.57 credit. Today we received a bill for 169.87.  We are sad to report that we have surrendered and will pay the bill. It is less expensive, more cost effective and much more productive to just pay the bill. Shame on us though, we left Verizon about five years and just did not learn our lesson. If you want to throw money away on really bad products and service we highly recommend Verizon. Did they originate from a third world country and infiltrate us? Stock holder beware.
Jan 02 2008
Verizon Wireless ,Verizon Wireless Scheme Monroeville, Pennsylvania Internet
I advise everyone reviewing this note to please consider other wireless companies before signing an agreement to Verizon Wireless. The agreement I signed 2 yrs ago was a family service plan with 700 minutes that would cost no more than $75 a month which included the taxes, however, the amount began to increase significantly. I intended to terminate my service with Verizon at the end of the contract, which was in August 2007. In July, I notified Verizon customer service several times that I did not want to renew my contract-I had been fed up with my monthly bill increasing, the dropped calls, the phone not working properly, rude customer service, etc. I was told several times by Verizon that I would have to pay an early termination fee $175--however, my contract was up in August, and I had already paid up to the end of the contract. Next thing you know, I found myself arguing with Verizon customer service countless times over the early termination fee, and I have been and is currently being harrassed by Miracle collection agency--they have even been calling me at my job, not to mention they have destroyed my good credit. I have decided to fight back. I contacted the better business bureau, sent them all my verification (thank God for personal checks as proof) and plan to contact the attorney general's office in my area. For those seeking a wireless service, please carefully view the incentives the company can offer you. I will say that my monthly bill has been consistent with Cingular, not to mention I have extra minutes of talk time if I need to use it. Tena East Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Sep 24 2009
VERIZON WIRELESS Verizon Wireless are scam artist. Internet
My contract was almost up so I decided to renew my contract with Verizon Wireless. Needless to say this was a big mistake. I have had some issues with Verizon with my previous contract, however those issues were resolved in a timely manner. When I renewed my contract is when I had a real problem. I have a family share plan, that I upgraded to included text messaging on both lines and added mobile web to both phones my bill was suppose to be $148.00 with my discount. We ordered new phones, they arrived via fed ex. One of the phones we didn't like it so we returned it. I tracked the phone through the Fed ex website and it showed delivered two days later. A week later reviewed my bill I was charged $80.00 for the phone. Went through rep after rep. All telling me something different so finally on September 1st a rep explained to me it was just an oversight and allow a few days and I should see a credit on my bill. I waited and waited no credit. Called again the rep told me it was still pending. Called again on September 23rd and it was still pending. This rep told me he didn't know why is was still in a pending status but he would push it through, I should see an update within 24 hours. Again I don't see a credit, so I called again. Spoke to a rep who explained it was still in a pending status and there was nothing she could do, that only a supervisor could override the pending status. So I asked to speak with a supervisor, who kindly informed me she could not override the pending status because the request was issued by a Texas call center, I asked her to give me the number so I could contact the Texas center I was told no. At Verizon they don't give customers call center numbers and that credit could take up to two billing cycles before it is added to my account.Then my other line was charged $10.00 for accessing a website with ring tones mind you no ring tones were purchased, but the rep at Verizon explained we were being billed just to access the website.  How ridiculous is that. On top of all this I received a bill for $566.00 the highest bill I've ever had from Verizon and so far I am owed almost 150.00 in credits I have yet to receive. I went on my Verizon to check my bill and supposedly I am over my minutes. I have been arguing with them over that because majority of the people are in my fav 10 or are Verizon customers that I and the other line talk to.I would not recommend Verizon Wireless. I suggest everyone go through your bill line by line every couple of days because you don't know what Verizon Wireless is charging you.
Mar 27 2014
Verizon Wireless Verizon Verizon continues with “Gotcha Billing” internet Texas
  I was going over my data limit on my phone plan of 4gb and Verizon sends me a message that I could upgrade my account to avoid the overage charges.  I decide I want to do that and I follow the prompts on the website to increase my data usage to 10 gb.  I am happy, Verizon is happy I am now obligated to spend more money monthly and Verizon will benefit.  Then I receive my bill and see that when I upgrade to 10 gb of data that my account was changed from my existing plan that allows me to make phone calls in Canada to a US only plan and since I work 5 days a week in Canada and call back home to Texas in the evenings I now have $540 in roaming charges in Canada.  Holly Cow! Now I am upset! I call Verizon and speak with a helpful Customer Representative.  He says he can change the plan to a Canadian plan with the 10gb and post date it in a way that takes care of the $540 roaming charges.  He even tells me what my new billing amount will be around $180.  Let me reiterate the Verizon representative said “I will take care of this” Great! I am happy Verizon is happy I am spending 180 a month with Verizon.  I get a customer service survey call.  I tell them I am happy and a bit surprised as I have had bad experiences in Verizon stores in the past but that this prompt attention is leading me to change my bad opinion of Verizon Customer Service I am pleased enough to take my girlfriend in to a store and get her a new I phone and I add her to my account.  Merry Christmas Verizon, even more business coming your way. Then on December 1st I am looking online at my account and I see that the $540 in roaming charges have not been removed from my account.  I call customer service and I am told that the credit had been put through but had been rejected by a Supervisor because I had used the online service to upgrade the account. If I had called Customer Service to make the change the credit would have stood but since I used the online service I am not eligible for a credit.  GOTCHA!!!  SUCKER! Here is a loyal customer that spends lots of money with you guys and you entice me to using your on line service to buy additional service and when I do you are going to penalize me with $540 in roaming charges.  I save you money by going online but if I had called a customer service rep instead then I would not be charged the roaming fees?  Well I won’t ever use the online service again.  I will call for everything.  Then there is the matter of communication.  Your representative told me the $540 in charges would be taken care of and would not be a part of my new billing balance. He said nothing about requiring Supervisor approval. Then a Supervisor reverses that decision and no one contacts me about this?  I only find out that Verizon is not keeping their promise when your greedy little hands pluck the money out of my bank account?  Now after calling Verizon on 12/1 at 10:46 and promised a call back from Supervisor named Karen. It never happened.   This is unacceptable.  It is a shame that this one Supervisor has reversed the positive customer service actions and building customer service reputation that Verizon was trying so hard to establish.  Why are you guys so committed to pissing off customers who are trying to do more business with you?
Jul 16 2012
verizon wireless typical shell game Internet
I signed a two year contract with verizon wireless. I was told that the early termination fee was 75 dollars. Hell the phone cost 160. I later decided I did not need the extra expense of a cell phone. The phone line was suspended for nonpayment around july 1st 2012. I called asking them to cancel the account. They said they would but did not. I called 3 more times .Now they are charging me 175 dollar cancellation fee and 50 more dollars for a phone I could not use and for an account they did not cancel. Could one perhaps make sense to them and explain.Hell no. Once the rippoffs lose you as a customer they try to ruin your credit report. Thanks for being our customer. Here is a little parting gift a big lie on your credit report. Thanks so much verision wireless.For being the chicken shit modern day business of this generation.A company that takes the customer for all they can get .
Dec 14 2011
Verizon Wireless lied, Internet
I ordered new cell phone service and phone with Verizon Wireless. The salesman told me that I had a 2 week trial period and that if I returned the phone within 2 weeks I would get a full refund. I never got more than 1 or 2 bars at my house-reception was horrible so I returned the phone. Verizon charged me for phone usage even though there was no reception. Their point was I used the phone to which I responded I had to use it to see if it worked. DUHHHH! Here is their actual response: Barry, in review of your account, I show that wireless number 776-5717 was active from 10/29/11 to 11/05/11. The charges from 10/29/11 to 11/05/11 are valid; as the device was used for the time it was active. Additional adjustments are not valid. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I make it my personal goal to resolve all of your wireless concerns. I hope I have done that for you today by confirming the proper credits were applied to your account. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless. Sincerely, Elaine Verizon Wireless Customer Service Conclusion--buy (((competitor's name redacted)))--they honor their products----I had to return one of their air cards and ((redacted))) did not charge me for usage. sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company, ..plus, if you post a competitors name more than likely they will show up on search engines as a Rip-off! - - your comments on this policy are welcome. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. In this case we removed an alleged competitors name
Sep 28 2010
Verizon Wireless Defective Devices, Internet
Verizon Wireless is the worst service I had ever dealt with.  I bought my Palm Pixi Plus phone from a Verizon Wireless store located close to my hometown around the end of July.  It worked great for about a month, and then the unit began to act up.  It would at first randomly cut off about once a week, and only turn back on if the battery was taken out, put back in, then connected to a computer or charger.  Called up Verizon and they sent a new phone out.  I got this new phone and activated and it worked for about a week.  After using it for a week, the headset speaker failed to work, so I could only use the phone if I had it on speaker mode, which was very annoying.  I went and took it to the Verizon Wireless store near my hometown.  Upon looking at my phone, the lady at the store said my phone warranty would not be covered because the back panel was peeling a little bit on the left and right side.  Upon telling her that the phone had done that within the week and talking to the manager, they told me to call Verizon and have a phone sent out that way.  I called Verizon again, and told them that my phone was acting up and I had taken it to a Verizon Store and upon pulling the notes left from the store, they sent me another phone.  Upon getting this third phone, I preceded to turn on the phone, and to my surprise, it froze at boot up.  I took the battery back out and restarted the phone and when it fully booted up, I noticed that I had three stuck pixels.  I called Verizon again and told them that this is the third phone I had with an issue.  The lady that I was talking to wanted me to attempted activation, so I tried it with her on the line.  While on this third phone when asked to confirm order number by pressing 1 on the touch screen, it would not register.  Upon it taking no inputs, i took the battery back out and in as instructed, and upon turning the phone on, was greeted with a weird background that had ridges of different shades of orange.  Taking the battery back out and in, the phone again froze at loading.  She offered to send me another phone, but I decided to talk to a supervisor as this is my third phone with an issue.  After on hold for over thirty minutes, I talked to a supervisor and the only option he gave was either take another Palm Pixi Plus or pay full price for other phone.  He also stated that the phones I had been receiving are Certified Like New or Refurbised and go through a 100 Point Inspection.  I stated that I don't want other Palm Pixi Plus.  I told him I wouldn't mind paying a two year upgrade price of three hundred dollars instead of close to six hundred.  He said that he was able to really do anything else.  I will never choose Verizon Wireless again by the way they treat their customers.
Jul 12 2013
verizon wireless security deposit Internet
 I did an online order for 2 cell phones through verizon wireless, I picked my phones, my plan etc. When I got the the complete order screen, the total that was going to be charged on my credit card totaled $579.13. I did approve this amount to be charged. When I received the confirmation email from Verizon, it indicated that the total to be billed to my credit card is $1379.13. They charged me two $400.00 security deposits without informing me at all. I was able to cancel this order eventually, but what a waste of time. When I called to confirm the cancellation, I tried to let them know that I thought it was lame that they charged me an extra $800.00 and they said I should have know they do a credit check. That is fine too-but how can they just add that without first informing me of the amount and getting my approval for a different amount? Look, I understand the concept of a security deposit, but, $800.00??? Without any sort of warning that it could even be close to that? $800.00 is more than my rent for a month. In addition, I have no idea why I would be charged this anyway- I have had verizon fios for YEARS and they have always been paid on time. I also have a car note, a credit card etc. all paid on time way before the due date. My fios contract ends in 10 days and I think I might get rid of all Verizon products at this point. I would have never approved this if I had any idea it could be close to that much. They claim I will not be charged a cancel fee, but if I am I plan to contact the CC company and dispute. BUYER BEWARE!
Jun 21 2014
Verizon Wireless Free international texting lie Nationwide
We bought 3 iPhone 5's on the share everything plan and we're told we got free international texting. Normally we would never use it but our son was planning to spend the summer studying abroad so it was a big bonus. We discussed it in great detail with the representative in the store. We told him exactly what was happening and where our son was going. He said yes we would have free international texting. After the first month abroad with no data use or voice use, only texting, we got the bill for $1500. When we called we were told that our texts to him were 5 cents and his back to us were 50 cents. This is free international texting? So far Verizon is refusing to adjust our bill but I'm not through with this fight and am prepared to just walk away. and I've been their customer for 20 years.
21, Report #1205753
Jan 31 2015
Verizon Wireless not satisfied with service Internet
I completed my 2 year contract with Verizon wireless, in the process of my 2 year contract alot of interruptions were made during online. At the time of interruption's there were no Storms or black outs that may have caused the drop. I finally decided to move on to other service's that maybe better than what I have gone through. Verizon is charging me after my 2 year contract for Data's I did not use, they took the account to a Consultant company to get money from me. I have all my paid statements and contracts in order to prove that I no longer need their services. I would very much want them to stop calling me as well as sending Collectors after me. Internal investigation should be made immediately. Doing the right thing.
Mar 27 2015
Verizon wireless Mystery billings Nationwide
I stayed with Verizon because they gave me the best area coverage then my friends with other users. But after 10 years of financial abuse and lousy customer service, I finally left for another carrier. I waited for my final bill with it's early termination fee's (ETF) so I could forward it to my new carrier so they could pay it. The letter came with the excisting bill of $251.05, but the total amount due was 519.57. Nothing was noted ETF and having experience with verizon, this mystery charge is nothing new so I called to inquire. The first customer service person couldn't read my bill because my account was closed out, but the 5th person they transfer me to did. She introduced herself as my friendly customer service representative but it didn't go that way. I requested the ETF to be noted on my bill so it could explain the mysterious $268.52 addition. She said that would be an extra charge. She then informed me my bill was actually $555.45. How could this be? I just got the bill. Two phones ETF; one at $170.00 the second at $220.00. Over the phone I round it off to $300.00 plus the $250.00 bill made sense to me now. I asked her why this was so messed up and her answer was that I signed an agreement with verizon for 2 phones for 2 year plan.... I confirmed to her that I understood the need to pay my ETF bill but she didn't answer my question, but she insisted she did. When the phone call ended, I did the math. 251.05 + 170.+220=$641.05. Wait...What?? At this writing the final bill has not been settled. I have had T-Moble for one month now and notice that I have the same area coverage as I did with verizon.
Nov 29 2015
Verizon Wireless Nationwide
 I purchased cell phone insurance in Dec 2013 for my daughter's phone, through Verizon, at the time I purchased her cell phone. Although it was more expensive monthly than other plans, I decided to go through Verizon so that I could simply bring in the defective phone and walk out with a replacement. Or so I was told by the Verizon saleswoman at the time. Today I tried to do just that as my daughter's phone is malfunctioning, only to be told that Verizon has changed insurance carriers and that I was out of luck. I now need to call the old insurance company to see if they will honor the coverage. I was told (when I purchased the coverage) that my coverage was through Verizon and that's why I needed to sign up for it at that time in the store to get the walk in phone replacement service. If they changed companies, that is their problem and they should stand by their word. So instead of walking out with 3 new phones (I planned to upgrade our other 2 while I was there), I'm canceling my Verizon service as of 14 Dec 15 and going with (((REDACTED)))
Jul 21 2016
Verizon Wireless and Lifeproof misrepresentation misinform Nationwide
So Verizon Wireless has let me down big time. This time it goes along with the company Lifeproof. If you want to believe in life proof and their warranty don't....it is completely bogus and unreal. Verizon sold me a phone, provided me with a Lifeproof case explaining to me all the benefits of a Lifeproof case and that my phone would now be waterproof. The first time I used the Lifeproof case I was taking videos of stingrays in water of about 6 inches deep. And yes I did all the proper preparations before putting it on my phone I tested it before using it just the way the instructions tell you to. Now my phone is ruined. Verizon says just the case is covered and Lifeproof says because I didn't buy the case from them they don't have to cover the phone. It is a racket and complete BS. Do not trust VERIZON WIRELESS or LIFEPROOF. ‪#‎Verizonwireless‬ ‪#‎verizon‬ ‪#‎Lifeproof‬ ‪#‎verizonsucks‬‪#‎Lifeproofsucks‬
Apr 24 2016
Verizon wireless Data scam Nationwide
 I was a Verizon wireless customer for over a year. Every single month my 12 gb data plan needed to be upgraded due to overage. I rarely used my data, and most of the time I ran in wifi. However on one particular weekend, my iPad which was powered off, used an overwhelming 40+ gbs of data. My bill is over 1250.00. That's my entire monthly income almost. I contacted them, and I was told that my device had to be proven to have faulty software in order for them to give me any leeway on the bill, but it would not eliminate the entire cost. I am now a sprint customer with my credit on the way to the tank because now Verizon is sending me account to collections. To add, my bill continued to accumulate because I could not afford to buy out my contract,

Showing 1-25 | Showing Page 1 of 389