VONAGE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Vonage

There may be more reports for "Vonage"

For more results perform a general search for "Vonage"

Showing 1-25 of 726 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "Vonage"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Oct 17 2008
Vonage Ripoff Internet
Vonage - Had the service for months and never once received one phone call. Could not make phone calls. Tried to cancel every time I called in, but was continually not heard and directed to technical support. Now that I am determined to cancel they charge me an additional 109.00+ for their box - which has never worked and can be mailed back. Talk about being raped!!! Having to pay for something that never works and then charge an additional outrageous amount (especially in these times of tight money - I have a disabled daughter who we could use that money on medication for her - but now Vonage had taken it). I am going to tell everyone I come in contact with that Vonage is a horrible company and I work in an Emergency Room so I come in contact with hundreds of people every day. It's the least I could do to spare others this rip off. Zoopasmom Fontana, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Oct 21 2006
Vonage Vonage headache ripoff Nationwide Internet
Anyone who is considering Vonage, please think twice! Here is my complaint. I wished I came across this site before I got myself involved with Vonage. I received their package last Friday and looked forward to saving money. I installed the equipment step by step with no trouble. I noticed that the Vonage black box power button kept blinking, the ethernet and the phone1 functions wouldn't light up. I was puzzled and knew I did everything correctly. So I did everything again and the problem remained. The fun began when I contacted technical support. I was told to do a few steps to see where the error was coming from. It went on for a half hour and the tech said it sounded like there's something wrong with the Vonage equipment. So I was transferred to someone else. It was another tech which prompted me to do the same steps. I told him I went through this already, but I was ignored. It took another half hour. Same steps were taken but this time a new problem occurred. The DSL I have, the light for Ethernet wouldn't come on anymore. I freaked out. I couldn't go online! I told technical support that I had no trouble going online prior to all of this. He insisted that my computer was causing the problem. I was livid. I had my friend check it out and my computer is fine, but guess what, the Vonage error remained. I am completely turned off with Vonage and cancelled my account. I was charged for cancellation. I wished I never switched to Vonage. Joanne Boonton, New JerseyU.S.A.
Sep 12 2007
Vonage Vonage SUCKS! What a screw over Internet
Okay so heres the story of my vonage raping. First we sign up for free. Right. Except for that $50 I had to pay. Second, Vonage is so simple to connect. Took two weeks of talking to arabic natives, continuessly being disconnected, transfered to a level 2 tech (which must mean graduated 2nd grade) having vonage explain to me via email that I didn't have internet service. Third, vonage and reliablity go hand and hand. Like a cell phone in a nuclear bunker. Constant cutting out, dropping calls, hissing noises, and clicking sounds. I actually started thinking that the terrorists who obviously run this company were listening in on my calls. Fourth, money back guarantee. Whats that guarantee? That the chances of me getting my money back are the same as given birth to the next Jesus Christ? Now you want to charge me $90? $50 for my router that you gave me an instant rebate on and $40 disconnect fee for my service I was only connected 48 hours. Whatever. I'm considering posting signs around town proclaiming the truth about Vonage. How much do you think it would cost to get one of those MYSPACE banners? Paige w. Plaquemine, LouisianaU.S.A.
Jul 25 2007
Vonage What happened to Vonage!? Ripoff Internet
What happened to Vonage!? I used to LOVE their service and recommended them to all my friends and family. I was also mislead about Vonage's promise of No Contract that they advertise when I opened a business account for my wife. Unfortunately after 4 months, we were several months delayed on opening. So instead of paying $60/month to continue the service I decided to cancel it until we were ready. This was 3 days after they had just billed me for a month's service. Not only would they not give me back credit for the unused 27 days, the overseas rep told me that I had to pay a $49 rebate recovery fee. Well, to say the least, I was outraged. I insisted to her that I speak with a supervisor. She told me that the supervisor was on break. I said fine, have her call me back to which she replied we don't do outbound calls. Then after insisting that I would wait, she claims that she's getting the supervisor off break to speak with me. Would you believe that she tried to disguise her voice as someone else! To top it all off, not only did they NOT give me back credit for my unused month, they charged me the $49 rebate fee + a $39 disconnect fee! Be warned, the Vonage you used to know and love is gone...these people are now crooks. Why isn't anyone suing them? They hide behind their terms of service which is different from what they tell you on the phone. Just because you write up a terms of service doesn't make it legal if it violates the law. Nice going guys...lost me forever over $150! Jeremy Hoschton, GeorgiaU.S.A.
May 18 2008
VONAGE VONAGE THEIVES HOLMDEL New Jersey
WE SIGNED UP FOR VONAGE IN LATE 2006 AND WERE HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE, QUALITY AND PRICEING. IN MID 2007 WE MOVED TO A RURAL AREA OF EAST TEXAS THAT DOES NOT HAVE BROADBAND CAPABILITIES (CURSE YOU LAZY AT&T LOSERS). WE CONTACTED VONAGE AD TOLS THEM THAT WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO USE THEIR SERVICES ANY LONGER. THEY SAID THEY WOULD REDUCE OUR MONTHLY CHARGE TO THE MINIMUM + TAXES TO FINISH OUT OUR AGREEMENT. WE DID SO. IN SEPTEMBER WE CALLED THEM TO CANCEL THE SERVICES. THEY SAID THANK YOU AND CONCLUDED THE CALL. THE NEXT MONTH THE CHARGES WAS STILL TAKEN OUT, WE AGAIN CALLED THINKING MAYBE WE HAD MISTAKEN OUR ACTUAL SIGN UP DATE AND THE END OF OUR AGREEMENT. NO WE WERE CORRECT , AND PLEASE FORGIVE US FOR NOT MAKEING THE NECESSARY CHANGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT TO TERMINATE YOUR SERVICE. THE FOLLOWING YET AGAIN, THE CHARGE IS THERE. WE HAVE COSISTANTLY CALLED AND IT HAS GOTTEN TO THE POINT THAT WE HAVE LOST A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF MONEY, BECAUSE THEY CONTINUED TO DO SO, AND HAVE INCURED BANK OVER DRAFT CHARGES WHEN WE HAVE BEEN TIGHT ON MONEY. NO 8.95 IS NOT MUCH BUT ADD 35.00, AND THEN THE 1 OR 2 CHECKS THAT COME IN BEHIND IT AFTER THEIR OVER DRAFT FEES HIT, AND YOU CAN RACK UP A BIG PROBLEM IN A HURRY. BEWARE THIS SINK HOLE OF A COMPANY. THEY WILL CONTINUE TO BLEED YOU LONG AFTER THEIR SERVICE ARE NO LONGER NEEDED OR AVAILABLE TO YOU. Bigdog pittsburg, TexasU.S.A.
Aug 17 2007
Vonage SCUMMAGE BETTER KNOWN AS VONAGE ripoff Internet
I STARTED VONAGE SERVICE LAST NOVEMBER AND DECIDED TO CANCEL THEIR SERVICES TODAY AND FOUND OUT I WAS UNDER A 1 YEAR CONTRACT, I THOUGHT VONAGE DID NOT HAVE CONTRACTS! I SPOKE TO CUSTOMER SERVICE, WHICH SEEMS TO BE IN INDIA, AND WAS TOLD THAT I HAVE A 1YEAR CONTRACT AND TO TERMINATE THE CONTRACT I COULD EITHER PAY VONAGE 39.95 OR CONTINUE PAYING FOR SERVICE THAT I'M NOT GETTING UNTIL NOVEMBER AND THE TERMINATION WOULD BE FREE, WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL@#@@@!&! DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SCAMMED, THEY SHOULD RENAME THEMSELVES SCUMMAGE! M coconut creek, FloridaU.S.A.
Apr 21 2006
VONAGE VONAGE RIPOFF USELESS EQUIPMENT SOLD INTERNET
It will seem hard to believe but trust me, VONAGE is a RIP-OFF. My latest trouble with them came several months after I had finally cancelled my service with them (and paying outrageous cancellation fees to cancel a bad service). Well, long after I had cancelled my service a friend of mine (very stubborn) decided he wanted to open an account with VONGAE, although I tried my best to convince him otherwise. I offered to give him my adapter (LINKSYS-RT31P2), which was only taking up space at home and bringing back bad memories. To my surprise and dismay, VONAGE did not allow him to activate the service with that equipment. They said that since it had already been activated by someone else in the past it could no longer be used. In other words, when you buy a unit from them it comes blocked so that it cannot be used with any other provider other than VONAGE, and now I find out it can't even be used with VONAGE itself, as is the case here. They sell you a useless piece of equipment for any purposes, either with them or anyone else. I was never told that this was a disposable item that I was buying, that it could be activated only once and that after that it would be garbage. I am sure this would do a really good class action law suit. Andrew MIAMI, FloridaU.S.A.
Apr 03 2008
VONAGE Vonage ENTRAPS it's customers!! Lansing Nationwide
I was a Vonage customer for one year. Then my Cable company offered me a good deal on TV/Internet/phone service so I switched over to them. I called Vonage to cancel my service, and I disconected their modem. They have billed me for January, February, and March and refuse to stop charging my credit card. When I called again today they would not give me a confirmation of my cancellation and just said that's not the way we do business. Once you're with Vonage --- they charge you forever. BEWARE. They will not cancel your service nor refund you a cent for repeatedly charging you after you inform them of your cancellation. Margaret Lansing, MichiganU.S.A.
May 14 2008
Vonage, VONAGE RIPPED ME OFF Internet
Hello everybody, I'm writing because of Vonage phone service. I really just wanted to let everyone know what kind of business Vonage is and how horrible their costumer service really is. I would greatly appreciate it if everyone would pass this on so everyone will know. I do not have Vonage, nor have I had Vonage since January. On May 6th I got a charge on my debit card from Vonage for $30.73. When I called Vonage the first person told me they could not help me, the second person refused to help me and when I asked to speak to a manager the man told me if you can't talk to me then your not going to talk to anyone. I called back and I spoke to a woman who said she did not see any charges on my account and transferred me to another woman. This woman also told me that she did not see any charges coming out of my account for the month of May. She then proceeded to ask me for my debit card number and told me that was the only way they could find out what the charge was. I refused to give her my debit card information and she said that she could not help me, so I asked to speak to a manager. She told me that there were no managers on the floor right now and she did not know when they would be available then she again asked me for my debit card information. I hung up and called my bank and told them the situation and was told to file a fraudulent charge report, which I did. I also had to cancel my debit card so it would not happen again. Kimbear southgate, MichiganU.S.A.
Oct 09 2008
Vonage Vonage-Beware Internet
I amfinally free of Vonage after a 2 month battle with them and being without phone service for a month. I spent countless hours on the phone with customer service and told them to put my account on hold until I searched for a reliable and inexpensive high speed internet provider. They switched my account over anyway. They charge me for a month of service which I never had. To stay 1 step ahead of them, I cancelled my credit card account in case they decided to charge me for another month because they had offered me 2 free months of service. Sure enough, I get an email from them because they were trying to charge my credit card and it wouldn't go through. In the end, it cost me $92.00 installation fees to have my phone service turned back on with Verizon. Don't do business with Vonage, the customer service department is a bunch of broken-English speaking morons. They have a scripted answer for everything. They are highly trained in how to be rude and ignorant while making the caller furious along the way. Save the time, money and energy and stay away from VONAGE. Laurey Clyde, OhioU.S.A.
Jan 28 2009
Vonage Vonage, anyone? Vonage.com Internet
Vonage, anyone? If you ever consider cheap and inexpensive telephone service', and are risk tolerant, I mean, high risk with probability of 90% and impact being your service can be DEAD at any time then Vonage may be your best option. Before you consider, however, read my story and be the judge. I had two lines from Vonage, one for home and one for business. I work form home and use the business line a lot, much of that are conference calls. I have been experiencing dropped calls for months now, cut off calls would be heard with dial tone coming up, or dead. I reported of this issue a number of times since I started using the service in 2004. Vonage tried to tweak settings at their end, mostly maximizing the assigned bandwidth to 90 kbps, which I could do, too, using the portal. They switched the lines between the ports on the router. Nothing of that ever helped. Last Friday (Jan 23) I made a new call to customer service to report the problem again. This time a tech decided to replace the router (provided by Vonage). Good news, I thought. The next morning I found out that both lines were dead, when picked up a received the router instantaneously plays the burned in the chip message your phone may be plugged to the incorrect phone port. Sun, Jan 25: I called Vonage again. A tech rep informed me that I ordered (Vonage did, not I!) a replacement router, which would arrive within 5 -7 business days, and because the new router is pre-configured the old one (MAC address) has been removed from the gateway, so it no longer can operate. I requested to immediately reverse the action and restore the old unit to service explaining that only one line was reported faulty and that I lost phone service in my home, including access to 911. I demanded that the routers would be switched only when the replacement unit arrived to my home, and until then at least the good line must stay in service. The tech put me on hold and came back with a statement that network engineers' told him it could not be done during weekends, I must wait for a new router or call on Monday. He gave me a ticket number for reference. Mon, Jan 26, 8 AM: I called Vonage again. I presented the ticket number asking for status. The agent said the service cannot be restored until the new router arrives. I asked for supervisor. The tech hung up on me. Nobody called me back on my cell phone. Mon, Jan 26, 10:23 AM I got an email sent by machine, and saying Vonage Service Request Resolved. I checked the lines, still the same message. Mon, Jan 26, 11 AM: I called Vonage again. I asked for the ticket status. An agent looked into the records and could not find the ticket. I asked for supervisor, the agent put me on hold and the call dropped. Mon, Jan 26, 1 AM (needed to do some work in between the calls); I called Vonage again and asked for the ticket status. I heard the same story, i.e., only the new router could resolve the situation. Mon, Jan 26, 1:10 AM I called Vonage and chose the option cancel the service. The call was answered by a person willing to listen to my complaint and admitted it was a disaster on the Vonage part. She put me on hold while escalating, then returned with a statement that the old MAC addresses would be restored, but the cycle takes 24 hours. She gave me a new ticket number and took my cell phone number ensuring somebody would follow up with me next morning. Tue, Jan 27 10 AM: The lines play the same message. No calls or vmail from VG on my cell phone. I called then again and asked for ticket status. The agent advised that I must wait for the replacement modem. I asked for supervisor, was put on hold and the call dropped. Tue, Jan 27 10:23 AM: I got an email fromVG saying: Thank you for contacting Vonage, the award winning digital phone service! I understand you would like to cancel the order for replacement of your phone adapter. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our records indicate that your shipment is about to be shipped so we do not have the option to cancel the shipment hence I request you to call our customer care apeak to the shipping department immediately to cancel the shipping order before the phone adapter is shipped. . . Sam Vonage Customer Care Tue, Jan 27 12:30 PM: I called Vonage and cancelled the faulty line. No questions were asked, the order was smoothly processed, polite and happy customer service! Tue, Jan 27 3:37 PM: Received email Your Vonage Order has been shipped this is a Motorola router that takes 5 7 b days to deliver. Tue, Jan 27 4 PM: Called Vonage, asked for status of the new ticket. The agent did not recognize it. I gave her the other recent ticket numbers, no luck either. I asked for supervisor. A lady listened to my story then checked the status and advised that a router replacement shows status waiting provisioning, which she interpreted as it got stuck in the warehouse waiting for release docs. Then she put on the call a technical rep in NJ, who apologized for this disaster and said that network engineers had already left for the day, so I needed to wait till next day. Also, he could not map any of the numbers onto my Vonage USB device so I could use the line from my computer independent from the router, the feature was blocked by the router replacement order! Wed Jan 28: 12:30 PM: The router plays the same message on both ports (only one line is expected to work this time since I cancelled the other). No messages from Vonage. To be continued. -/- Here is some other data to consider. 1.Vonage is in financial dire straights, the stock (traded on NYSE) is about to be delisted (here is an old story: http://www.fiercevoip.com/story/more-bad-news-vonage/2008-10-31?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss&cmp-id=OTC-RSS-FV0 Today the stock trades at $0.55, and unless Barney Frank gives them a personal', naturally paid by your tax money, bailout (won't be his first!), the company will be delisted and then probably go for Chatper 7. 2.The company is grossly mismanaged, the operations and customer service is as good the Zimbabwe's fund raising campaign' through the scam emails asking you to send them $2k so you can get your lottery winnings. 4. Vonage got booted by Better Business Bureau for http://blogs.zdnet.com/ip-telephony/?p=3016 In my opinion: 1.The customer service is poorly trained, lacks basics skills 2.The support processes are broken, departments are disconnected, messages disappear from the systems, customer reps have no access to tech support to effectively resolve issues, the T2, T3 tech departments are disconnected from the customer support process. If you are technical enough and understand the technology you will quickly understand how misguided the reps are when asking you standard questions'. 3.Customer support personnel are rude and unprofessional in their attitude. Proper training and supervision is apparently absent. 4.Quality of voice service is below other VoIP options. Vonage uses some CODEC (an algorithm encoding / decoding analog signal to digital data steam) that requires unreasonably high bandwidth (90 kbps is preferred!). This has not improved since I started using the service in Dec 2004. Quality of what Skype offers is much better, in my opinion, voice sounds better and clearer and yet uses a small fraction of bandwidth. So, I conclude that the CTO is sitting on his hands. Finally, I do not believe that the average employees are responsible for this situation. Fish start rot from the head. It is clear that the executive and mid level management are incompetent and have driven the company to the ground. It is sad that this once promising company have put at risks employees and their families. For their sake I hope that VG board of directors (including the former Secretary of Home Security Tom Ridge) will fire all that entourage and get professionals rebuild the company. Vonage is needed to survive to help breaking the monopoly of the other fat cats carriers that rob us in a day light by offering outdated services. Korea enjoys 25 megabit per second on their cell phones, while we still pay hefty price for the wired Internet services offering less than 20% of that (see the Feb 2 issue of Forbes magazine for an interesting article by Lee Gomes Bring HD into Focus). Karl Charlotte, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Internet, New Jersey
May 26 2011
VONAGE VONAGE IS A RIPPOFF Internet, Internet
Vonage is engaged in Interstate Internet and telcommunications fraud by sgining up people for one monthly rate and then the next month or two increasing the agreed to rate by over 20% or more. They should be indicted for Interstate fraud.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Mar 22 2010
Vonage Vonage Service Does not Work Internet
I previously used AT&T Call Vantage which is a VoIP service. In theory it works the same way Vonage is supposed to work...they provide a VoIP telephone adapter and you plug it into your existing Internet service and your phone. AT&T Stopped offering Call Vantage so I was forced to switch. Call Vantage was inexpensive and worked 95% of the time without a hitch. I switched to Vonage to avoid having to pay expensive standard phone line service. The service never worked correctly. No one could hear me. I would have to use my cell phone regularly. I called into Vonage tech support several times and they made adjustments to the service...which never worked. Because of the time it would take to call tech support I gave up. Vonage gives you a 30 day period to get out of your 12 month agreement. 30 days is nowhere near ample time to adjust a new VoIP service. I was so frustrated that I used my cell phone until I finally decided to order a standard phone line. My delay cost me...I should have canceled immediately. I've now had to pay for the entire 12 month service even though I was unable to use it. I advise anyone considering Vonage to bite the bullet and pay the higher cost for traditional phone service. It's not worth the hassle.
Entity: , Internet
Mar 06 2013
Vonage Vonage, Internet
I was tricked by vonage. They advertise that their phone bills don't fluctuate. That is a lie, I have never had a phone bill the same. I have it go up and down. I was then told that international call to mobile phones are not part of the plan. Now, I have to enter the number to see if it is a cell number on their website. this is way too much. I purchased this program so I didn't have to create more work for me but to save time and money. This is not saving time nor money.  This mis-leading advertisement and every time I see it I just want to throw the TV out the window... it makes me so mad that they can get away with their false advertisement. The customer service is no help. I think they might even be station outside the USA because half the time I have to repeat what I am saying and they still don't understand... ie, my phone bill is too high, why? I am tired and looking now for a better voice VOIP company to use for my international calls. I recommend that you don't use their service and if you do... be aware of the increasing bills.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Mar 30 2009
Vonage, Vonage Ripoff vonage.com Internet
Vonage was never used by me, and Ripped me off of $419.00 to schedule a disconnection with them...I will win this somehow... Scott urbandale, IowaU.S.A.
Mar 06 2009
Vonage Vonage Phone Service Internet
I was tricked by my power company PGE to get information about Vonage. They told me that they needed to verify my debit card number to make sure they would be able to perform monthly debits. I gave PGE the information and said several times that I wanted information about Vonage before I chose wether or not to sign up. Two weeks later I received a package in the mail from Vonage and they charged my account 40.00 for signing up. I called Vonage and told them that there was an error with PGE and that I did not want service with them. They then charged my account another 40.00 cancellation fee. When I called to try and dispute the 80.00 total in charges I could never reach anyone in the United States, and they refused to assist me. They stole from a family that needed that money to keep the power on. Hooperclan Sherwood, OregonU.S.A.
Oct 05 2016
vonage vonage ripoff Internet
yesterday,i called vonage rep to  find out why i couldnt keep my old phone no.[verizon]. when i first signed w/vonage[7/2016] they said i could keep my old no. i called several times and was assured i could keep prior no.-i did not keep it and was assigned a new no. by vonage. they now want $9.99 to reinstate previos ph. no. do not sign w/vonage. its a surprise nearly every day.
Jul 10 2017
Vonage Vonage - Another total RIPOFF Company! Internet
Wow.. Where do I begin.. Let's start with their horrible service!  Every call I made sounded like someone underwater..   Next: Horrible customer service:  Called to complain & cancel their service...  Said I had to pay a early termination fee.  Thought I could change my payment method to a prepaid GreenDot card as I wasn't going to pay for this horrible service that I could not and did not use and wasn't going to pay an early termination fee...  They ended up using my PayPal account I had given them from a previous time I used their service (when it actually worked)..  Ended up charging me nearly $200..   I'm quite upset as their service was supposed to be only $9.95 per mo.   Billing:  They charge almost as much in their FEES as they do for their service (When I called some taiwanese individual tried to inform me that these were TAXES...  This is when I informed him that Vonage cannot collect these TAXES as they are not an actual TELECOM. In the end PayPal (AKA Bloodsuckers from Hell) decided to approve their charges even after I filed a dispute and removed all banking information from PayPal..VONAGE REFUSED TO SEND ME A BILL - HAD REPEATEDLY TRIED TO CHARGE MY BANK CARDS... THEY ENDED UP MAKING 3 CHARGES IN 1 DAY... RUN - DON'T WALK, JUST RUN... THESE PEOPLE ARE HORRIBLE!
19, Report #1191349
Nov 25 2014
Vonage Business Solutions Vonage phones V.O.I.P. Vonage Vonage business solutions scam rip off Atlanta Ga. Nationwide
This company has stolen over 300 dollars out of my bank account. Warning vonage business systems do not work over comcast phone lines. They do not tell you that. They say it is a 30 day money back garantee but it is not true they make you buy cheap phones bill you in advance. I was not able to make one phone call and they still billed my account for NO SERVICE. THERE TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT ARE IDIOTS They are a rip off I call customer service and they say to bad we aqre charging your card anyway and would not reverse it. DO NOT USE VONAGE BUSINESS SYSTEMS PHONE SYSTEMS THEY WILL CHARGE YOU AND THE PHONES DONT WORK OVER COMCAST. I JUST CALLED CUTOMER SERVICE TO SEE WHY I WAS BILLED FOR A SERVICE I CANCELED AND THEY HUNG UP ON ME. DO NOT USE VONAGE V.O.I.P. it does not work and they continue to bill your account even after you cancel.
Mar 17 2008
Vonage Phone Service Vonage Customer Service (NOT) Internet
We have had Vonage phone service (I say service sparingly) and have had consistent billing and service issues with this company. As many have found, when you call their so called customer service line you get people who, instead of resolving your issues, they create more. They start by telling you how valuable you are to them and we all know by now that this is not true. If you are able to get them focused on the issues they very quickly reverse course back to a bunch of babble about how valuable you are. If we are in fact so Valuable to them, than why do they consistently lie to us and try and trick us into staying with them. My latest go around was back in January when I had had enough of their pathetic customer care and wanted to cancel the service, only to get the proverbial, you are so important to us farce and decided to go with the reduced service contract, like their service could be reduced any further, and went with what I was told was the $9.99 a month plan. This plan was not to be started until this month (March 2008) and January and February (2008) were to be with no charge. The other part of the agreement was that I would receive a $22.00 credit for the balance of my December (2007) payment. I was led to believe that this credit would be put back on my credit card. Instead, they gave me the equivalent to a store credit which they used as payment for January and February. In reality, I still had to pay for those two months. To add salt to the wound, they took $18.16 from our account instead of the $13 something that included the $9.99 plus all of their so called fees. The additional $5 or so was for taxes and fees for my January and February bills that, SUPPOSEDLY, I was not being billed for. I left them on the phone with a hard to believe $10.26 credit. Who knows if I will actually see it, or if they will try to charge me a $39.00 + fee that is only supposed to be for those who cancel with in a year (I will keep you informed how this goes). Reelyfedup Leola, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Jul 16 2007
Vonage Account not Canceled after number ported out of vonage ripoff Internet
About 2 months ago I signed up for Comcast home phone service. I had Vonage as my provider at the time, however Comcast said they can transfer (Port) my number from Vonage and I would keep the same number. I was told by Comcast, as I was in the past when I ported my cell phone numbers to different carriers, DO NOT CALL VONAGE and Cancel you account. Vonage is required to cancel my account after the number is ported. Needless to say, the account was not canceled by Vonage, and I e-mailed them asking for a refund for the past 2 months as I was not using their services. This is the e-mail response I received: Dear xxxxxxxxxx, Thank you for contacting Customer Care. We understand from your email that you have transferred your number to another carrier and would like to cancel your account and get refund of the last invoice charges. We checked our records and found that your account is active and not canceled. Please note that Vonage billing is automated and as long as your account is active, billing will apply. Every month at the end of your billing cycle an invoice will automatically be generated and your card on account will be charged for the invoice amount. If you would like to cancel your account, please call our Customer Care toll free number and speak to the Account Management department. To cancel your account, we need to verbally verify the owner of the account. This is to protect you from having another person terminate your service without your knowledge. Please call our Account Management Department at 1-VONAGE-HELP (1-866-243-4357). We are here to help you Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST. We look forward to helping you. If you have any questions, your Vonage team is available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact us whenever and however it suits you! - On-Line Help Center at http://www.vonage.com/help.php - Contact Us at http://www.vonage.com/help_contactus.php - Or call Toll-Free at 1-VONAGE-HELP (1-866-243-4357) Thanks again for choosing Vonage, a better phone service for less! Sincerely, Vonage Customer Care It is obvious that Vonage does not follow the same guidlines that other phone companies do, and they apparently have no problem billing you even if you no longer use their service. I used to be an advocate of Vonage, until I had unresolved issues with call quality, and now their unethical business practice of billing a previous customer, because they didn't request to have the billing stopped. Wish me luck on getting my refund, and from me, I wish you good luck if you decide to use Vonage. Nick Algonquin, IllinoisU.S.A.
22, Report #281952
Oct 30 2007
4.VONAGE VONAGE - RIP-OFF !!!! RIP-OFF !!! Holmdel New Jersey
Fraudalent accounting practices. They take money from your bank account for no reason. They put you on hold for extremely long periods of time when you try to dispute the charges. They will drop your calls when you try to talk to them. Time to look for another provider. I wish to advise everyone not to deal with Vonage. This company is a rip-off. All the best. Frustrated bothell, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: Holmdel, New Jersey
Oct 23 2007
VONAGE (TELEPHONE) Victimized by Vonage! No Service! No Kidding! Internet
We fell for the marketing ads for Vonage telephone service for our office. We are a home insurance company and very dependent on our phone service as a lifeline for our business. We paid the down payment money received some phoney equipment from Vonage. The day that we were cut off from Verizon, we found the equipment was not workable from Vonage so we contacted them. For over 3 weeks, our office was without phone service, so we finally told Vonage to cancel us and send back our deposit. We sent back their non working equipment. We called Verizon to beg them to take us back. It seems they could not unless we were on with Vonage at that moment, so we had to pay another $60. for one day turn-on with Vonage so Verizon could turn us on to their service. (Which we gladly did.) Vonage did return our down payment money (although our accountants estimate we may have well lost over $25000. in busines due to the Vonage fiasco.) Now for the kicker! After all they put us through, they have turned us in to a collection agency to collect for all these months since we first signed on....even though we never had one phone call go through or never had a minute of service with Vonage. DON'T Fall for their Tempting Ads. You will enter a nightmare zone that we have found no way out of. Brenforbs Coleman, TexasU.S.A.
Sep 24 2007
Vonage Pulling Teeth is Easier than Cancelling Vonage Service!! Nationwide
I tried to cancel my Vonage account back in July, and the guy I talked to (after waiting on the phone for 20 minutes) politely told me that if I stayed on for a year, then I wouldn't be charged a disconnect fee. Well, that year just ended on September 21st, so I called to cancel today and someone picked up within 10 minutes. I told him I wanted to cancel, and he proceeded to pitch a discount and free service. I told him I didn't use the account and I wanted to cancel. He repeated the offer. I asked him what part of No thanks, I just want to cancel the service did he not understand? He then started explaining how much money I'd be saving and how I could use the phone for emergencies, yadda, yadda, yadda. I wasn't even listening!! Couldn't tell you a word of what he said, because I WASN'T INTERESTED!! These people just don't get that do they?! So after five rounds of me saying, I don't care what you've got to offer, just cancel my account please! I finally had to hang up on him. I am not sure what to do at this point, since they just wouldn't cancel my account. Besides sicking my husband on them (which is my next step), I guess I'll have to go to my credit card company and tell them to block Vonage from trying to bill us again. I HATE VONAGE!! It is a total scam of a service, if you could even call it that! Steph S Norcross, GeorgiaU.S.A.
25, Report #198950
Jun 30 2006
VONAGE LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE; CANCELLATION CHARGES!! VONAGE ripoff Nationwide
I ordered Vonage around June 19/20th and was offered 1 month free, waived set up charge of $29.. only paid $14.99+tax on shipping of phone and device to connect to pc. It's June 30 and no pgk received. Email shipping w/tracking info sent on June 21st. DHL is their shipper. DHL is incompetent, too! I called DHL to track the pkg and they claim they attempted delivery. THEY DID NOT. I WAS HOME! NO NOTICE ON MY DOOR OF ANY ATTEMPT. And no redelivery attempts since then!!! So.. I call Vonage Customer service to request another phone. I have been on the phone 2 hours today with someone or another from shipping to billing to customer service. I finally decide to just cancel and not waste anymore of my time. After wmisdirected call transfers w/overly polite 2 minute apologies, I finally and get an agent who says he's a manager..His name is Ricardo. Ricardo tells me that in order to cancel my account they will have to charge me a forty something dollar cancellation fee! And when DHL finds their phone, they'll give me my money back! HOW OUTRAGEOUS IS THAT?! I asked to speak to his supervisor because I didn't believe him. He wanted to put me on hold while he called DHL to track the phone. I told him to call DHL on his own time! I didn't want the phone or the service anymore no matter what! So please cancel, refund my shipping charges.. when he said he was charging me to cancel, I told him I would complain. He said it doesn'nt matter because it's their policy. I asked repeatedly if he would let me speak to his supervisor or other manager. He said No. Here is the name of the Vonage Chairman, and Chief Strategist: Jeffrey A. Citron. If anyone finds his direct contact details please post that info here! I want him to know what his PEE-ONS are doing on his behalf! -- LOSING CUSTOMERS!! Jackie Dallas, TexasU.S.A.

Approximately 726 Reports Found