WELLS FARGO BANK Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Wells Fargo Bank

There may be more reports for "Wells Fargo Bank"

For more results perform a general search for "Wells Fargo Bank"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Sep 26 2004
Wells Fargo Bank Ripoff Outragious Fees, and Holding my funds Port Neches Texas
ON 9/13/2004 I deposited a Check from a buyer whom bought a mower of mine. According to the Wells Fargo site, it was posted. On the 17th, it was returned. Which steped my account into a major wreck. Having counted that money, I payed for some routine bills. Wells fargo then returned half of the checks, and payed for half of them ( I believe, Considering several after the fact reversals seem to happen with Wells Fargo). All in all, I got bruised with about 200 - 400 dollars wroth of NSF fees, and Over Draft Fees. On the 15th, 16th, 23rd, and 24th I deposited some funds to cover all these fees. On the 23rd I deposited 400 dollars, which that night showed a deposit. The next day it totally dissappeared from the bank. Even the local branch showed no deposit. After a review the local branch found a receit, and log with this deposit. Which is the point I found out that a Debit block had been placed on my account from wells fargo. No money goes in, or comes out. Now the 25th, I have a Paycheck, and several deposits which are being help hostige by Wells Fargo. They are drawing intrest on our money, while we can not draw any from them. So now, we are waiting on them to let me know what they are doing next! Im not sure whats ups... Either they close my account, and send me a check up to 10 days later ( Meanwhile we sit unable to pay for food, or utilities ) Their Comment is : Being that it is a new account it is our policy to close it for so many NSF issues. John Port Neches, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Port Neches, Texas
Sep 27 2004
Wells Fargo Bank overdraft charges & holding monies RIPOFF San Francisco California
Reading some of the other complaints this here is basically wells fargo's way of doing business as usual aka company policy. I can only guess how many millions of dollars wells fargo has ripped off from the consumer using their banking practices, and by them being such a large corporation the people you have to deal with (I do not blame them, but I will deal with that issue further on)can only follow company policy set up by some very creative accountants. Right now wells fargo has closed my account because I am a risk. I am currently overdrawn 337.00 but in the last 2 weeks i have been hit with 20 overdrafts @ 33.00 each or 660.00. Although it's no one's business I had 15 withdrawels (by me) for 40.00 (all of which were approved) at a casino add on the 2.00 + 1.50 , wow. You would think wells fargo would love me. A few days later my check (direct deposit) was put into wells bank, 1,500.00. I was never told my account was closed 4 days on the phone with customer service. They blamed my co. for not sending monies. Finally I was told they have closed my account and holding my check for 10 days. Then they will send me a money order. Of course in the meantime I have written a few checks, which they are not going to honor, (even tho monies is there) waiting to see if they charge me for those. I did not directly sign up to wells fargo my bank was taken over by them a year ago. I will admit I am not a financial wiz. I do not balance my account. I do not even open my statements. Every other week I may look at my account online. They have made hundreds of dollars off me. It always seems whenever my account gets low thay charge my account with automatic deducts I have set up, (internet etc.) which they pay and then charge me 33.00. Also if I write several checks in a 2 day period they pay they largest one first and bounce the other smaller ones. i have more if anyone is interested. It seems to me others with this problem and myself could and should get together for some type of class action suit. This goes furthur than bad service I consider what they are doing is down right theft. They have perfected their practices and are getting bolder and bolder. I am fortunate enough to have a good job , single , and this is nothing but an inconvenience to me , but I am sure there are others who have really been devastated by wells fargo and many a child went hungry or cold because of them. Anyone may reply directly to me by using the rebuttal box below, and not to be rude but I don't have the time to listen or read about their experience with wells, but if someone has an idea or plan to bring action against wells by all means write me . Mark crosby, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: San Francisco, California
Sep 18 2004
Wells Fargo Bank Hundreds of Dollars in Overdraft Charges Ripoff Bernalillo New Mexico
I accidently overdrew my checking account for less than $20.00 for less than one day and I was hit for over $200.00 in overdraft fees. When I cmplained about it they told me tough sh!* and tried to sell me on an overdraft credit account for another monthly charge. Wells Fargo sucks and anyone that uses them is a fool. Chuck Bernalillo, New MexicoU.S.A.
Entity: Bernalillo, New Mexico
Sep 17 2004
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff Reversed fraud payments results in overdraft fees Sacramento California Medford Oregon
We filed a fraud report with Wells Fargo bank about AOL and another small business in our home town that deducted money from our debit card without our consent. Wells Fargo gave us provisional credit back on these, and did not contact us after that about the claim. Two or so weeks later we checked our bank account status to find that Wells Fargo had reversed those charges without notifying us, on the only day we didnt have sufficient funds in our account to cover it. This put our account at $5 overdrawn. As a result we recieved endless overdraft and account overdraft fees ($33 Each and $5 a day after that). AND they allowed AOL, one of the companies we filed a complaint with in the first place, to continue taking money out of our account, even though we had closed our AOL account 3 months previously. From a $5 overdrawn we ended up with $231.89 in debt to Wells fargo. We have tried to contact them numerous times about this, and getting hung up on by the so called customer service department after calling us stupid and refusing to hear out what we have to say. THEN we recived a letter saying they have made numerous attempts to contact us with no result. This is after we have been hung up on by them at least 3 or 4 times on the phone. Only a few customer service reps agreed about the charges being a rip off but they didnt have the power to reverse them, and told us to go in to talk to a branch manager. So we called the branch manager. The branch manager doesnt have the power either. So who has the power in this bank to help us? Aaron Eagle Point, OregonU.S.A.
Entity: Sacramento, California
80, Report #71993
Nov 15 2003
Wells Fargo Bank 4 Trustee Deed Foreclosures on my Properties Las Vegas Nevada
Wells Fargo Bank Aka Wells Fargo Home Mortgage aka AMERICAN SECURITIES COMPANY aka AMERICAN SECURITIES COMPANY OF NEVADA Consumers are being swindled ever day and have been for years. Stolen from by our BANKS. The government is unable to keep up with the every growing exploitation of our Monetary Policy and Banking Regulations. With the limited power of our current fiduciary regulatory entities, we, the consumers are losing the battle. A change is imminent if the country is to survive the compounded damage of ten of years of predatory lending and cross collateralization of our assets. It is time to identify the real enemy and demand accountability of our financial institutions. These once hallowed institutions are marred with scandals of impropriety and fraud. My journey through identity theft Hell began with one such institution, Wells Fargo Bank and their third party affiliates. Companies like Wells Fargo Bank and their hierarchy, which includes under their umbrella, Wells Fargo Bank NA, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Inc, American Securities Company, American Securities Company of Nevada, AMB Mortgage, GMAC Mortgage, Provident Savings, First Security Bank, A & E Insurance, the list goes on. All these companies thought to be independent businesses but really directly connected to the principal, Wells Fargo Bank. All these companies technically, under one rood but with limited individual supervision by design. Predatory lending is just the visible leading edge of a complicated network of fraud made possible by our banks. Created by controlling their customer's credit, transferring of personal customer information and credit transferred electronically, the equity of this country is in jeopardy. The grip on Americans equity tightens every day by these Fiduciary Giants. My experiences with one of those Giants is Wells Fargo Bank. Wells Fargo controls a major percentage of the mortgage lending business in the United States. They employ bankers, lawyers, insurance agents, etc. some working together, circumventing the law, and exploiting the system, Ripping Us Off.. Exploiting real estate laws that were written to protect the public, American Securities Company of Nevada is the Wells Fargo's nominated Trustee on thousands of mortgages in the US. These trustees's are empowered to do all the dirty work for the bank exonerated of responsibility as the third party. American Securities Company is a trustee company favorite of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. Through American Securities Company, as their trustee, they perfect in-house non-judicial foreclosures on consumer real estate that is not in default. Starting with your loan application, the myriad begins. The purchase, maybe then a foreclosure or two, possibly another unexplainable encumbrance, a transfer and an assortment of many other potentially fraudulent transactions exchanging their customers equity through their property all safely inside the confines of the Bank. The credit of America is being held hostage and its getting worse every day. An endless exploitation of a paperless society controlled by corporate predators. Without a face or name, we are just numbers on computer screens, our equity is stolen without mercy. What are the two biggest reasons for fraud? Opportunity and Motive. Certain employees of Wells Fargo Bank have plenty of both. Fraud, all in the name of one of the largest financial institutions in the United States. Don't take my word for it. Check it out for yourself on line @ www.knowx.com. Chances are that you already have a trustee deed foreclosure on one of your properties. Help stop this exploitation of the only real asset you have. Who Owns Your House?? Concerned Consumer , NevadaU.S.A.
Mar 02 2004
Wells Fargo Bank Northwest they stole money from account Portland Oregon
WELLS FARGO uses unethical business by allowing a deposit to show in an account yet a check comes thru and they take their money and then they wait until the following business day after my money was deposted and they took the 10 dollars from the account on the 28th day of feb,2004 on the 28th day of feb my acount showed a deposit of 92 dollars came thru and then ,on the 28th day of feb they took 10 dollars from a check that came in ,and then on monday feb 1st they charge my acount an overdraft fee of 33 dollars ,the actual date on ssi deposits shows feb 1st but when it was made availabe to my acount was on the 28th of feb, i called the phone bankers on feb 28th sat they showed the deposit of 92.00 and the withdrawl of 10.00 ,on friday the 27th day of febn, none of this account info was available it had not shown up at all . So on the 28th they process all transactions .there was nothing showing a possible overdraft fee ,nor on sunday the 29th was there an overdraft fee shown to be possible the acount info showed the 10.00 check being withdrawn and the 92.00 being deposited .yet on monday march 1st they steal 33.00 from a disabled veterans account that lives on a fixed income , Bryon portland, OregonU.S.A.
Entity: Portland, Oregon
Nov 01 2004
Wells Fargo Bank Ripoff stole my money and didnt care Illinois
wells fargo bank charged outrages overdraft fees, so many in fact that i just got ahead. only to discover they were at it again. plus, i have my mortgage through wells fargo financial and i put a personal check in the account to pay for the mortgage only to get a letter in the mail 6 days later saying they are holding funds do to previous overdrafts. I already called in a mortgage payment 3 days after depositing the check. i had no clue they were holding this check until several days later. we just got payed (direct deposit) and paid some bills bought food ect. Now i have 18 pendings on my account (for 3 days) now and my mortgage payment will be going through. which tells me by expierence that the mortgage will go through and i will get 18 over draft fees and well you can guess the rest of this nightmare. I spoke with a lawyer and said that wells fargo bank was in the right and i was in the wrong and there was nothing i could do about it. well, while the lawyer is sleeping comfortabley in his house with his family and all the people at the bank are eating well, my family and i will have lost everything we have worked hard for, homeless and my children hungry. all so they can make a buck. amazing IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Illinois
83, Report #111977
Oct 07 2004
Wells Fargo Bank Another Overdraft Fee Rip-Off Scottsdale Arizona
I've had two recent episodes with Wells Fargo in which I ended up paying exhorbitant OD charges because their policy is to put through the largest items first. For instance, in both my cases three items came in in one day, I had sufficient balance to cover two of them, but by automatically putting through the largest item first, the account overdrew and I was charged overdraft fees for all three items. Even though two of those items would have cleared if they'd been put through first! We're talking $33 overdraft charges on probably $7 items! When I called to complain they had the audacity to tell me that they polled their customers and were told customers would prefer that large items go in first... Please, even if I believed that, it defies logic unless you're out to rake in fees! How can this practice not be considered predatory? Signed, another fan of Wells Fargo and all banking behemoths Jerene Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Scottsdale, Arizona
Apr 30 2003
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff victimized many consumers Des Moines Iowa
Wow--am I happy to find this place to complain! Long, long ago in a world far, far away, I was a proud, happy employee of WFB. Back where most people under 30 have never been. A place where the customer actually came first! This was before de-regulation. Wells Fargo only lived in California---and was almost computer-free. I was branch supervisor. I actually looked at each check before it was returned as an overdraft. It did not matter to me, I treated others as if it were my own. One customer in particular was always overdrawn. Each time, I would look to see if I was returning to a creditor that had previously been sent a NSF, I made sure utilities were paid, I would make sure I sent to banks that had more float time before being deposited a second time--you get the idea--kind of foreign isn't it? Today, I sit here, after closing ALL accounts with WFB looking at my credit report dinged up by WFB. Gee--I have a 360 months loan I didn't know I had. It is past due and not only that has been transferred to another lender? There are two other wonderful credit experiences putting me in the neg tool. What has happened? WFB has grown too big. I have gotten letters from Oregon, telling me to call Arizona about an account in California. Following up--or course, no one will know what someone in the other state is doing? Or my favorite-- I wrote a letter, and was told the mail room didn't know where to direct it, so it was most likely shredded? What--I have the certified receipt! You don't know who this guy is that signed it? My advise--find the smallest local bank you can. Even if they don't offer all the servies larger banks advertise. And even if you follow my advise, Wells Fargo may continue to haunt you giving you negative credit for loans you never had with them! Good Luck thanks for letting me vent! Yvonne Prunedale, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Des Moines, Iowa
Jun 17 2004
Seawest Financial - wells Fargo Bank ripoff, amounts never discussed Paramount California
I bought a car in 2001 in va. I got it through seawest. The amount I was told was 11000 for four years. After about a year I wanted to trade the car in, so I called and asked the amount to buyout the car it was 15500 for a car that was worth about 11500. So after not being able to get a dealership to buy the car out I decided to pay on it for a while I was paying $410 a month. So at the end of 2003 I was told I still owe about 11000 on a car that I have been paying on for almost 3 years . No I ca'nt trade this car in that has 130000 on it now. Now every time I call to ask the amount I owe now I can't ever get through and when I try to go on the website it always says the page can't be seen right now so I don't know how much I owe now . Now what can I do if my car dies on me and I still owe on it. I am in the military and don't have much money at all for this. Good thing I have a toyota camry or I would have been had problems. castalino baltimore, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Paramount, California
Feb 08 2005
WELLS FARGO BANK RIPOFF SAN FRANCISCO California
WOOULD YOU BELIEVE, WELLS FARGO BANK PAID ME AN INTEREST OF A NICKEL ( 5 CENTS), THEN CHARGED ME TEN DOLLARS SERVICE FEE. IT LOOKS LIKE THEY PAID ME A NICKEL SO THEY CAN CHARGED ME TEN DOLLARS FOR PAYING ME A NICKEL. HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH THAT. ALTHOUGH MY SAVING DEPOSIT IS ONLY FIVE HUNDRED SOMETHING DOLLARS, WHAT A RACKET THEY HAVE..... WOW WOW Robert DALY CITY, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: SAN FRANCISCO, California
Jan 14 2005
Wells Fargo Bank unfair overdraft charges due to account manipulation to cause cascade effect Nationwide
The Opinion of a WF customer I have written this same message almost evey month for the last number of months and addressed it WF customer service. I want to know why evey time our account get down to around 10-12 dollars (this seem to happen on a regular basis over the last year)- that we are hit with all the WF Merchant account fees. WF always- by the way, takes the largest one first and then charges our company $250.00-$350.00 NSF fees every single time for a group of 5 to 7 very small (often less than a dollar such as 5 or 39 cents) transactions for which there is now no no funds to cover. We have no idea when these fees will hit the account as they are not always entered on the same day of the month. Money is continuous flowing in and out of the account as it is the account were we process our credit card sales. I want to know why it is always when the account hits a low that these charges are posted. We are a small family business that is working for WF. This is not honest and surely not the way a repeat customer should be treated- oh I forgot- we're just a number nowadays. If we treated our customers in this same way we would have been out of business quite some time ago. But I know WF could care less as they have already made enough money off us to last for many years of what would have been made off petty monthly fees. Oh well- they'll just get another customer to replace us until they burn them out as well- and on and on it goes. I don't know these people sleep at night knowing the dishonest practices you use to asses fees from customers all across the nation. What they do may be legal (thanks to bank-rolling politicians, that have served the industry well) but it is morally wrong. Being legal has nothing to do with being right. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but like I said- I seem to be addressing this issue every month. How many of you would go home to your spouse and say, hey honey we just got another $33.00 NSF fee for being 39 cents short- which by the way happened because WF took our 39 cents. I was told by one branch manager that the rule is :first in first out - but again this is not true- the largest will always come out first- then the next largest- and then the next and so forth. Posting- I am told by customer support is not controlled- well history seems to indicate otherwise- it is a simple thing to program a computer to watch balances. This has happened to many time to be a coincidence. Something is very wrong here and in my opinion needs a congressional or at least an investigative news show investigation. Wells Fargo Bank and Wells Fargo Merchant are both Wells Fargo- a case of one hand talking to the other? There is big dollars being made here. Oh- by the way you can buy your own credit card machine for about $279.00 and you do not have to rent one from WF. Greg Toledo, OregonU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Jan 13 2005
Wells Fargo Bank unfair overdraft policys and poor customer relations. Ripoff! Phoenix Arizona
Wells Fargo is a part of the growing number of banks that manipulates your transactions to maximize their profits on overdrafts. They take advantage of those of us that do not keep a regular running high balance in the account. personally There have been several times i have been on the very edge of where my money is very close to the amount that I spend for daily expenses. Just last night, I checked my online balance and I had a total of just barely over $30 in the account, so I bought some food, gas etc which totaled a little over $20 because I knew I had a deposit clearing this morning for $200, but I checked my balance today and it was $140, so I see that a check that I wrote yesterday had already cleared. So with that check posting first there were 5 transactions which put it into the negative, totalling only $30, but now I am likely going to be hit with $165 worth of fees. I do not trust their accounting practicies, they go back and 'insert' checks before the electronic debits of that day at 5am the following morning, when 3 hours later the deposit would have cleared and the balance would have never seen negative. To make matters worse, they do not care what effect their fees have on your life, for example, now I have to make $165 more to get back to what my balance should be, but I could yell and scream at them all day on the phone and they wouldn't do a damn thing to help you. They do not care whatsoever about their customers, they just wanna make money off you at whatever angle they can find. Their policy is to only refund 2 overdraft fees, EVER!! They somehow justify charging $165 for $30, which is absurd and rediculous, any bank that cared even a little about their customers would at least meet you in the middle or only charge a few fees. They should do their accounting in the way the transactions take place, not in the way they can arrage it to make the most money. As far as I am concerned they are probably one of the worst banks out there as far as policys and customer service, I have even had them lose more than one deposit which took days to get fixed properly, and then they didn't want to refund the fees that incurred because of them. What I would like to know, just hypothetically, what if a person with a balance of $100, were to make 100 $1 transactions, and then write a check for $100. The check for $100 would come in first, according to their accounting, and then the 100 $1 transactions even though the $1 transactions occurred first, would they then justify charging you $3300 for $100?? The problem is everything is done by computer, and ask any wells fargo employee, the computer can never be wrong, and if they fees are there then you deserve it, and you are a criminal for ever going into the negative even if its for $.50, no one in any wells fargo branch has the balls to stick up for their customers. How long will they continue doing this to us?? As long as we let them. I hope they see the millions of $$ that they are losing in customers that are angry and dissatisfied with their service. Kyle Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Jul 07 2005
Wells Fargo Bank Ripoff - Online Savings Account Scam Portland Oregon
I opened a savings account online 3 months ago for $200. Each month since then I have been charged a $5 fee - resulting in a $185 balance. This means that the value of my account has declined by 7% in 3 months. I've been trying to close the account either online or by phone with no success. I finally got an e-mail from Wells Fargo saying that they would send me a Bank Official Check after charging an $8 fee, which would reduce my balance to $177. This means that I have lost 11.5% on my investment. I could have purchased several shares in at least 3/4 of the companies on the New York Stock exchange and either made money or lost less than the safe investment in a Wells Fargo savings accout. You've heard of loan sharking? This is bank sharking. Beware of Wells Fargo! Craig Germantown, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Portland, Oregon
Jul 13 2005
Wells Fargo Bank MAJOR ripoff Los Angeles California
I am saddened to see that Wells Fargo continues to abuse the consumers/customers and that so many lives have been effected and to see that they continue to get away with it. They clearly do not care one little bit about people in general. They want you to entrust your money in their bank and then they screw you over by overdraft fees, hidden fees and placing you into Chexsytems without any hesitations. They continously destroy lives with no regard. I understand there are some people who are worst case offenders, but there are a lot of good, hard working people out there who have bad things happen to them or are victim to bank error that the bank will never admit to and their entire world get turned upside down. Most of these people or lower middle and middle class citizens who care bearly pay bills and put food on the table and then they get hit with the unfair banking practices of Wells Fargo. I was the victim of fraud, which I have reported to the police department, the FTC, Wells Fargo and all three major credit reporting agencies. Someone used my information and opened an account at Wells Fargo in my name. After 8 days, a check was written on this account which created a overdraft fee. The next day all but 1.00 was removed from the account and then this check tried to clear in the amount of $387.71, which clearly there was not enough money for. It created overdraft fees from the bank and the retailer the check was written to. The bank that I WAS ligitamately banking with a month and a half later closed my account without notice because of the incident at Wells Fargo (up until this point I had no idea that an account with Wells Fargo even existed.) I immediately file a fraud report and contacted the police. Wells Fargo sent copies of all the info they had and a copy of the paperwork used to open the account. That was 2002. It is now over 3 years later and I am still not able to open a new bank account because Wells Fargo had the balls to report this fraudlent account and check to Chex Systems. The police have never solved this case and Wells Fargo has taken the poistion that until someone is arrested for fraud, they are going to continue to report this account and check to Chex System. I was in complete shock and feel similar to that of a rape victim. I have been assaulted and raped by this fraudlent action and identity theft and then to add insult to injury, Wells Fargo refuses to remove it or help me in any way. I have since hired an attorney and this matter continues to be ongoing. I am just so saddened that people are taken advantage of by this monsterous company. It is such a same they disrespect people the way they do. Chexsystems refuses to do anything because as someone else stated, they simply say they report whatever is given them. Ok, they fall under the Fair Credit Report Act and are to verify items, yet when they are fraudlent, they take the word of these companies like Wells Fargo and pretty much say tough sh$# on you...the Fair Credit Reporting Act is suppose to protect consumers from this type of behavior but the only response I get from them is a stupid brochure in the mail. Somehow, this type of behavior needs to stop. Lawsuits do even seem to be doing much to these big giant monsters like Wells Fargo, to them it's just pocket change. Yvonne Anchorage, AlaskaU.S.A.
Entity: Los Angeles, California
Oct 26 2005
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff holds on deposits creating false overdrafts Campbell California
I have banked at Wells Fargo for years, but I have become incresingly appalled at their total lack of proffesional business pratices. They have most recently startes putting holds on checks I deposit from a business account we hold at another banking institution. This account has quite a lot of money flowing thru it on a daily basis, and we have a very well established banking relationship with this instiution. Some days we have a lot of checks come thru and we may have a lot of funds which have come in over credit cards which generally don't post until later in the day. The bank always calls us if this happens to verify what might be coming thru in deposits and credit cards. They have never bounced any of our checks. Wells Fargo puts a hold on the checks from this account based on some info from their risk dept that the check MAY NOT CLEAR. The holds are for 10 days. Meanwhile a notice goes in the mail, which then takes up to 5 days to reach me. In this time I may have written checks or used my ATM card against these funds, not knowing a hold has been placed. Wells then hits up my overdraft protection account and charges me $10 for each time they do. After all this nonsense, the deposited check will have actually cleared the bank the next day as it should have, but the funds are not made available until after the 10 dy hold is up. Never mind the fact that if the check had actually bounced, I have enough in my overdraft account to cover it! I don't even object to the hold so much, as to the fact that once the check is cleared they don't immediately release the funds to my account. WHAT A TOTAL RIPOFF!! I have tried to communicate my issues with this to Wells Fargo to no avail. They insist that this is an allowed practice by law, even though it is in no way a fair business practice. I have not found this to happen with any other bank except Wells Fargo, which should say something about them. I am not the only Wells customer that this happens to either. I would close this account except for the fact that I have several family accounts all linked together along with credit accounts and it would be a nightmare to move it all right now. I cannot believe that this is a legal practice and intend to pursue this further with my senator and congressmen. If it is legal it should be changed. It is not right for Wells to be having the use of a customers money for 10 days before the customer can!! Lydia Campbell, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Campbell, California
Dec 11 2003
WELLS FARGO BANK ripoff West Des Moines Iowa
I am a traveling nurse and returned home to Idaho at the end of July. I made a change of address along with notifying my creditors of the address change because of previous problems I had encountered with getting statements on time. I am almost 100% sure that I had sent a change of address on my statement to Wells Fargo. Also my mail was to be forwarded to my home address. When I got back to Boise I started working again back with my previous employer. I was keeping very busy keeping up with everything. I did not recieve any statements from Wells Fargo Bank, which I had been recieved previously from a California Branch. And I didn't realize that I was not recieving any until either late October or early November. Actually it had crossed my mind a few times, but I'd forget. Then I finally recieved a forwarded letter from the address in California. This was the first time I had recieved anything. I called immediatly and was told they did not have the new address. If I actually did not send in a change of address the statements would have been forwarded. And this went on for some time. The rest of my mail had been forwarded, so why would this not? What has happened to me is, I have not only been charged late charges, but also overlimit fees, $35.00 each, for more than one month, plus they have destroyed what my credit rating, causing other credit companies to raise interest rates. I had two accounts with them. They closed the accounts (praise the Lord). I made phone payments, as much as I could, and have just sent in the rest of the due payment. They are calling and harrasing me, being very rude before the payment was even due. I can not believe they sent any statements or they would have at least have been forwarded. Especially when there would be two statements sent each month. Believe me they will be paid off ASAP. And I will disacourage anyone from ever doing any business with them as long as I live. I was told they had some problems in California in regards to computer tampering or theft which affected many people and it ended up hurting their credit ratings. Is this true? I wondered if they keep the portion of the statement which is sent back with the payment, because I am sure I sent the change of address to them on those statements. As you can imagine my credit is really screwed and you know what other companies will do to me. I am workiing really hard to get rid of my debt and am the only support of my family. I have two daughters in college at this time, which I'm paying 100% of the cost. There are only so many hours in the week. Another thing Wells Fargo does is if you pay an extra amount, in the next statement they will tell you that you don't have to make a payment that month. But if you are near the limit of your account, the next month they charge that over limit fee. Also, when I was in California in Sonora I opened a checking account with them because the bank I use in Idaho does not have any banks in California. I ddeposited my pay check into the account, then found out that they out a hold on my check for five or six days. It took calls from the Bank of America and the nurse travel agency I was with after four days until I could acess my account. I just want to be free from these people and never deal with them as long as I live. And it makes me very happy they are not allowed to finance any home mortgages in California. I don't know if there is anything I can do except get them out of my life forever. At this time they are calling my home threatning to send this to a collection agency and garnish my wages. And the payment is not even due yet!!! Susan Boise, IdahoU.S.A.
Entity: West Des Moines, Iowa
Aug 12 2005
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff, Illegal banking practice San Francisco California
I deposited a personal check of $400 at an ATM machine in Hayward, Ca. Three days later I noticed the check has had been reversed. I called Wells Fargo and was told to call back the next day when the ATM processing center was open. After calling back I was told the check was not processed by WF because it was missing the date. I checked the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, Check 21 Act other regulations and found nothing to support their view. I was read over the phone the WF blanket warranty and told that they can reject any check they want for any reason. I told them they can't refuse a check because they don't like the cut of its jib. Well Fargo proceeded to charge me 4 overdraft fees at $33 each. The biggest problem is my family and I recently moved to Austin and used all of our money for the down payment on our second house. We have been living off our CC until our old house closes in 2 weeks and I receive some business payments next week. Therefore WF took my last $400, plus $250 I used to cover some payments. Now I am completely broke. This is put so much stress on I thought I was going to have a Heart Attack (I'm still having checks pains over this). I contacted the California Banking Association and they are now looking into this. If I found out they truly have broken the law, I plan on suing them. Frank San Leandro, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: San Francisco, California
94, Report #120574
Nov 30 2004
Wells Fargo Bank Excessive OD charges, Shady means of processing RIPOFF Mount Vernon Washington
Over a year ago our small town Pacific Northwest Bank (poof!) turned into Wells Fargo Bank. Hmmm. Nobody asked me if I wanted to make that change? Do they count on the fact most people who work at least 40 hours a week will not take the time required to do the necessary research to make an informed switch..? At least not until the OD charges come rolling in like lava. So, $1000.00 dollars later I will make the change and spend my valuable time looking for another 'institution'. It seems to me that if we are letting them use our money ( and USE it they do!) they should not be so greedy, rude and insolent. Banks and gas stations, no service any more, they just want more and more of your money. In my first OD experience, they took $700. The OD fees just kept trickling in, even when I had heaved a sigh of relief (after the first $300) thinking I had become flush. HA!! Somehow they fenagled another $400 in OD fees. The 'kind and just' bank manager reversed three in the end. Please keep in mind I am not an accountant nor am I a banker but I can add and subtract and I do keep a close accounting of transactions because I am one of those lowly pay check to pay check people who HAS to keep very close track. (Thank GWB for some of that)These people work fast and have the upper hand because they have the funds that once were yours and now suddenly becomes theirs. I allowed my account to dwindle down, which didn't take long considering WFBs 'help-themselves'OD'd overdraft attitude toward my hard-earned money. I stopped automatic deposits and only deposited (personally) what was required to pay monthly bills and operated on a cash-only basis. I stopped my debit card. I paid very close attention to my account and WFBs barely legal and underhanded way of processing fees. During this clean-up process I deposited a paycheck in the WF branch in Sedro Woolley, WA about a month ago. The woman behind the counter was not the usual nice young people I had dealt with in this particular branch. She (was OLDER) made rude comments about knowing the company I was employed with made automatic deposits and how come I wasn't and spoke down to me in the attitude I have seen some tellers use. You know how it is: I the ignorant and lowly customer who knows nothing and she the bright and shining teller is going to set me the ignorant part of the human masses straight...ha. Well, within three days of this deposit at the WF Sedro Woolley Bank I received an email at work from WFB telling me all about automatic deposits. HOW did they get my work email?? I had never given them my work email address nor have I ever given them permission to use it. My employer does not condone unsolicited emails and I call this SPAM from an ignorant self-important bank teller who in REAL life probably couldn't grab her proverbial hiney with both hands.. And I am still wondering HOW she got my work email address. This is one I will add to the complaint I am in the process of filing with the FRS. I was beginning to think (in spite of the ignorant and rude relapse described in the above paragraph)I had things under control and we could all get on with our lives. So, I reactivated my DEBIT card but still deposited my pay check personally. I kept very close track. But NO, it's all happening again. The total this time (so far)is $330. I am willing to pay $197 of this because I feel I owe it to them, but the $132 they have creatively stolen from me is the last straw. It seems, once they have their claws in a person they have a hey-day and overstep moral and leagal lines. And never mind the moral part, no one expects a corporation to be moral and it has been proven many times over in this century no corporation IS moral. But they all leave a trail, and this is one instituion that will (I sincerely hope) do themselves in just as Enron did. Legally? I will find out with time if I can recoop some of the funds they have taken away from me. I am just adding to this thread because it is a good place to vent. I don't know if any good will come for the WF customers who have been stolen from. I DO know I will file my personal complaint with the Federal Reserve System. I also realize some overdraft fees are warranted, but I believe WF (and probably other banking institutions) has overstepped fairness and replaced it with their own kind of 'barely legal' matrix of rip-offs. If everyone takes the time to file their negative banking experiences with the Federal Reserve System and if enough of us do this, maybe we will see some legally required policy changes in the way banks do business. Joyce Burlington, WashingtonU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Wells Fargo Bank
Entity: Mount Vernon, Washington
Nov 29 2005
WELLS FARGO BANK HOME EQUITY, MORTGAGE DEPARTMENT TOTALLY LIED RIPOFF MINNEAPOLIS DES MOINES Iowa
My husband and I wanted to obtain a home equity line of credit for home improvement. I dealt over the phone with a Kelly in the home equity department. Firstly, she was one of the rudest people I have encountered in a very long time. My questions were dismissed or totally ignored. I told her repeatedly that I did not want an interest only loan she became even more rude and told me I could go elsewhere if I didn't like it. I explained to her we had been customers for almost 30 years, since the days of norwest. She once again rudely told me to go elsewhere. I stated I wanted to know what else they had to offer, she said call someone in another department. The next day a Vicky I think was her name and went over my loan, I stated I did not want an interest only loan. Once again I was dismissed without an answer. The third time I received I spoke with a man Inglisis or something to that nature. He quote some figures and I once again stated I stated I did not want an interest only loan. He said ok. The day came for signing the papers, we get to the bank with a tracy (she actually was in disbelief, and very professional) (she is out of the Prescott Valley office), she was in disbelief over that there was no payment amount, no total amount nothing, she attempted to call the main people and they were as rude to her as to me. She strongly suggested we do not sign the papers. Which we already had decided not to do. She said she would look into it. We never heard back. I spoke with the office in Colorado, customer service, and there was no solution. So far we have not paid them anything and we are changing banks as of NOW!!! What an unprofessional, untruthful company. We want everone to know and steer clear of this horrid place. Tami CHINO VALLEY, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: DES MOINES, Iowa
Nov 28 2005
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff excessive overdraft fees and fraudulent taking Las Vegas Nevada
Recently I inadvertently overdrafted our account (my fault). Our account was overdrawn $157. Wells Fargo notified us, by mail, 5 days after the incident. By the time they notified us and proceeded to add on their fees, the bill came to $411. In addition to the $33. per check, Wells Fargo is also tacking on $5.00 per day until account is settled. After going to the bank the customer service rep. took off 3 of the $33.00 charges and we had to pay 312.00. Although this was my fault, my complaint is the excessive fees being charged against customers, not only for overdraft problems, but for every request of the bank you may have. I ran out of checks and went to Wells Fargo to get a couple of counter checks to tide me over. Wells Fargo charges $3.00 per counter check. They also charge $5.00 for money orders when right outside the door, in the supermarket, you can get them for 39 cents. If you use someone else's ATM machine, Wells Fargo will charge you and additional $2.50. When are people going to start saying NO MORE? What ever happened to the banking industry who would bend over backwards for their customers. Why has big business become so mean and money hungry? Another incidence with Wells Fargo was when a friend (who lived solely on Social Security) was informed that her account was $900. overdrawn. She went to the bank to straighten this out and found out her ATM number was being used for on-line gambling in a foreign country. In the meantime, Wells Fargo had confiscated her direct deposit Social Security check, leaving her no money at all. Wells Fargo told her they could legally do this whenever they wanted to. I went on-line and found a ruling by the 9th Circuit Court saying they could not legally attach her Social Security check. Once she showed them this ruling her money was immediately put back into her account. Fair warning to Wells Fargo customers, direct deposit with this Bank could be disasterous to you well-being. Big business in this country has become mean and money hungry and when excessive fees and penalties are placed upon our money, credit cards, etc., we seem to have no recourse. BUT THE FAT CATS JUST GET FATTER! Joanne las Vegas, NevadaU.S.A.
May 03 2011
Wells Fargo Wells Fargo , Las Vegas, NV. 89103 Big bank thieves, Wells Rip off enapt Fargo Las Vegas, Nevada
  Wells Fargo, a personal checking night mare. Why a bill collecting agency was getting more then they were supposed to is another nightmare but when I called Wells Fargo to report it, it turned into a hellish problem that ruined my credit. The first person I talked to was really wonderful but just as she was putting in the fraud report we got disconnected. Once you are disconnected you cannot get back to the person you were just speaking to so you have to go through it again and again and again. The second time I had someone who is completely inapt but finally, I thought, we had addressed everything and it would be taken care of but she still instructed me to still go to my branch ASP to speak with them and to be sure everything was taken care of. So the next day I'm at Wells Fargo and I, once again, have to tell them what happened, apparently they don't believe in forwarding useful information on, if that is if they actually do keep a record. I repeat my story, again, and again I think it has been taken care of. Oh no, of course not, the payments on bills start to come in on the now closed account but are they transferred to the new account? Of course not. Do they pay them with my new account or notify me? No, of course not, they happily bounced them all along with $35.00 fee charges. Now, I'm getting calls from everyone saying, I wrote bad checks being a conscientious person I was horrified. Now, I'm in over my head with fees, bounced everything and humiliated. I get right to the bank and they deny everything right down to ever receiving a fraud report but after a warm debate I still I have to leave the new one open until my Social security comes in. It came in today and where did it go? Not the new account but the closed one. I immediately tried to transfer it into the open account and was shocked when it transferred, I should not have been able to do that, I was leery about it but glad I had some time before I got out of that bank but not much. My snail mail arrives and guess what? They are now bouncing payments from my new account. I got in the truck and went to the bank as fast as I could, got my money out before I had nothing left. This is how Wells Fargo handle my fraud report, no, I'm sorry, they never did do an actual report, they did nothing and I mean nothing to help with what I was faced with but made matters for me just a nightmare, they ruined my credit and my reputation and they made a killing at my expense. The person I dealt with each time I had to go to back lied to me. Just because I am an elder doesn't mean I can't read or add. What did this young man say to me? If I say it's not there, it isn't, my reply, If I said it's there, then it is. Very disrespectful. You want to keep your money? Stay away from them. They have fees for the air you breath.
98, Report #191166
May 12 2006
WELLS FARGO BANK NO BANK HATES AMERICA LIKE WELLS FARGO BANK TERRORISTS COMMUNISTS BANKSTERS HATE AMERICA ripoff Nationwide
WE PILLAGE AND PLUNDER AND EAT YOUR MOTHER! - The WELLS FARGO Creed of Faith WELLS FARGO BANK has been trying to destroy the U.S.A. since their ancestors were robbing stage-coaches and trafficking in slaves (white, black and Indian), selling drugs, counterfeiting U.S. currency, to this day- supporting OSAMA BIN LADEN and every communist nation on earth, ready to pounce on the UNITED STATES after the parasite, WELLS FARGO, devours AMERICA from within. WELLS FARGO, similar to the THIRD REICH'S BANK, shuffles paper and people behind the scenes while the jack-booted thugs do their dirty work to TAKE AWAY EVERYBODY'S FREEDOMS, FORCE MICRO-CHIP YOU WITH THE 666 BEAST WELLS-FARGO-STYLE NANOBOT MICROSCOPIC IMPLANT-> TOTAL HUMAN REMOTE CONTROL. PUTTING THE NATION IN SLAVERY AND FINANCIAL BONDAGE IS NOT ENOUGH FOR WELLS FARGO. THEY WANT COMPLETE CONTROL OF EVERY HUMAN ON EARTH. THE ULTIMATE PSYCHOPATHIC SCHIZ0-PSYCHOTIC CONTROL FREAKS AND THEIR B.E.A.S.T. SYSTEM OPERATING IN EUROPE, BRINGING FORTH THE ITALIAN X-EU PRESIDENT ANTICHRIST TO CRUSH THE UNITED STATES BY THE FIST OF HIS COMMUNIST WORLD DOMINATION SCHEME. THINK WELL'S FARGO IS AN ORDINARY BANK? THINK AGAIN. WELLS FARGO HATES SMALL BUSINESS, AND THEY DESPISE INDIVIDUALS WHO EVEN BY ONE SMALL FRACTION, STEP OUT OF LINE. WELLS FARGO DEMANDS COMPLIANCE TO THEIR RULES, WHICH THEY DIK-TATE AS THEY GO ALONG. WELLS FARGO, ON THE OTHER HAND, HAS NO RULES TO FOLLOW- THEY ARE EXEMPT. WELLS FARGO IS THE ULTIMATE DUNGEON MASTER, AND YOU, FELLOW AMERICAN CITIZENS AND THOSE WORLD CITIZENS FIGHTING COMMUNISM WHEREVER YOU MAY BE,YOU ARE THEIR SLAVES. THE CHAINS ARE MADE OF ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY DESIGNED TO ENSLAVE EVERY HUMAN ON EARTH, BY THE WELLS FARGO ALIEN OVERLORDS. MEET THE UNOFFICIAL LEADER OF THE WELLS FARGO ALIEN INVASION OF THE PLANET EARTH OTHER COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS EVIL REPREHENSIBLE COMPANY-> WELL'S FARGO BANK: Small Business Tech Notes Shame on Wells Fargo Bank By James Gaskin Networking for Small Business, 12/28/04 Shame on Wells Fargo MAY WELLS FARGO ROT IN HELL! PLEASE HATE WELL'S FARGO BANK- IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO! Manny orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Jul 02 2012
Wells Fargo Bank Wells Fargo is Bad Bank, Do not Bank there. They do not care about customers. West Covina, California
I would not recommend to open an account in the Wells Fargo. You will end up with tons of fees on your checking and saving accounts. They set you up with automatic transfer from checking to saving and tell you that it is free, but you will end up with fees in checking and saving accounts up to $20.00. And if you do not check your statements on time  they will not refund you your fees. I went to Branch on Barranca street, West Covina almost 5 times to correct the issues, but looks like their system set up to charge you anyway after 5-6 months of correcting everything. I am tired of going to the Branch where they change employees every 6 months and they do not know what they are doing. CHOOSE ANOTHER BANK FOR BANKING! WHAT A HEADACHE!
Entity: West Covina, California
Jan 23 2011
Wells Fargo Bank Wells Fargo Bank Teller Error Trashed My Credit Internet
My transaction was for money to be transferred from my savings to my checking account to pay my bills until my monthly pay check became deposited. I made my transaction at the Wells Fargo Bank Branch at 401 S College Ave in Fort Collins where I was a customer. The teller was vigorouslychatting with co-workers about what they were going to do that Friday night. She ended up depositinga withdrawal from my checkinginto my savings account. All my checks bounced and my payments were late.This ruined my creditscore. I tried to appeal to Anita Nimitz, the branch manager at the 401 S College Avenue Wells Fargo branch. Shewas unsympathetic to my problem, when I started crying on the phone, she yelled that she couldn't understand me and that she wantedme to stop it and speak clearly. I began cryingharder and then she hung up on me. I no longer am aWells Fargo Bank customer. When I closed my 20 year old accounts, I was handed a check and told to have a nice day. No apology, no remorse.I'd like to sincerely warn others to avoid thishorrible,unfriendly, inhumane bank.
Entity: , Internet