WELLS FARGO Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Wells Fargo

There may be more reports for "Wells Fargo"

For more results perform a general search for "Wells Fargo"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

26, Report #207593
Aug 23 2006
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff Lagrange Indiana
I wrote some checks and lost my job. Ok it was my fault I tried to float a few checks. I was 300.00 dollars overdrawn. I went to Wells Fargo and asked them to close my account and send the checks back to the merchants and I would take care fo the checks from that point. Wells Fargo told me they could not close out my account when there was a negative balance. Wells fargo told me if I stayed negative for 60 days then they would close out my account. I had not signed anything to the effect that they could electronically debit my account. I also submitted in writing that I did not want them electronically debiting my account. I had a credit union at the time that debited my account twice by accident. They had me sign some papers because they had done that illegally and they did not want to be liable. The credit union told me there was a law that they were not to electronically debit an account unless they had permission. If they electronically debited after something had been given to the bank in writing it could put them in jeaopordy. Regardless to say Wells Fargo ran my checks through electronically over and over more then twice. My 300 dollar debt turned into a 1500 dollar debt. They have sent me to collection and to the checkcare systems. I have picked up every one of those checks from the merchants when they finnally closed out my account 120 days later instead of the 60 days the checks did then go back to the merchants. I am 52 years old and disabled. I just read in the aarp that these are unfair banking practices and they are trying to get these practices stopped. All of those charges are returned check charges. Their collection agency wrote once and tried to make a settlement for so much of a percent. That would have ended up having me pay around 460 I wrote back and told them I would be more then happy to pay the 300 that I owed them. I just received another letter from another collection agency on them. I lost the letter. I have to call them tomorrow to get the address of the collection agency so I can also dispute this one. I still have copies of all of the letters that I took into them asking them to cease and desist from the electronic debiting. I also asked them to close out my account. They said in 60 days but they left it open longer so these bogus charges could accumulate. Eunice Lagrange, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: Lagrange, Indiana
Mar 31 2006
Wells Fargo Acceptance ripoff Philadelphia Pennsylvania
in june of 2005 i needed an automobile because i had totalled mine. i went to carmax in laurel maryland and was given an interest rate of 15.39, which is very high considering my credit scores are 697, 659 and 660. i really was thinking because i had just bought a house and my credit was good. the salesman told me that because of my credit which he could n't let me see wasn't that great. well i tried to refinance and get a lower rate and was told that I didn't qualify because i wasn't trying to get money out of the deal. i spoke with jan in the maryland office on 301 486-0971. i then asked her for the number for volunteer surrender. she gave it to me and i spoke to a supervisor by the name of melissa (supposedly that was her name as they use bogus names) so that you can't call and ask for them. i proceeded to tell her that i was interested in a volunteer surrender because of extreme high utility bills and gas prices and carried on like a stone fool. she told me that if i could afford a house i could pay my car and that she had high utility bills and she didn't care what kind of hardship i had. all she was supposed to do was input my desire to volunteer return the car, yet she proceeded to try to intimidate me by talking boisterous and telling me what to do. i can't phanthom any company that would train their representatives to talk to customer any kind of way. i told her that if i din't pay the note that they would pick the car up and she told me that i was going to pay the note because i have never been late and i should refinance my house and pay off the car. i told jan in the maryland office that I had my credit scores and she told me that they use someone else for credit reporting. i thought that everyone use esperian, eqifax or transunion. they use some underhanded techniques to rip people off and this should be against the law. my credit scores don't warrant me getting a 15.39 interest rate. they actually lie to people. this is wrong and i am going to write my congressman and the better business bureau. something need to be done to help protect the american people from scam when dealing with car dealers. Lillie Hyattsville, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Mar 31 2006
Wells Fargo Financial ripoff Philadelphia Pennsylvania
When i filed bankrupcy, it made it very hard to comprehend that my auto loan payments were not being received at the due date and that once processed i would incur late fees and nsf fees from my bank when i know they have received the money but hold the check for three weeks before it is processed through my bank. I want out of wells fargo finacial,they lost my payments and giving me false info about my account. This has placed a big hardship on me financially because of ther incompatence. can anyone assist me with this. Sonya chicago, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Jan 14 2006
WELLS FARGO ACCEPTANCE ripoff Minneapolis Minnesota
Back in october 2005 I bought my wife a Hummer H2 and we use Wells Fargo as our Finnance institution. Every thing was fine like any other finance company they send me there automovile loan payment book and I started sending them my payments on time, My payment is for 700.89 but I send $1000.00 dollars every month for the last five month, so I can finish paying this truck sooner than expected. My night mare started in Dicember three month after the purchase. I got a letter for Wells Fargo insurance saying that they place a force insurance to this truck because according to them I didn't have insurance that was the first letter I got from them. I immediately call them and I ask them why they haven't call me or mail me a letter requesting information on my insurance policy that I have at this moment, they reply saying that they had contacted me and mail me with out any responce something that I know were lies. they told me to contact my insurance so that they could take that insurance away and we did so the very next day. My wife contacted them and they receive the fax from my insurance company and they told her not to worry they got the fax and it would take 72 hours to by place on my account so I let it rest. (Wells Fargo has there own insurance company) on 1/13/06 I got a letter from Wells Fergo. thanking me for the last payment something that I found very odd, and on the letter was a bill for almost $600.00 for insurance. I contacted them they gave me the all kinds of excuses eg: your insurance company cancel your insurance something that I know is not correct, another was that they didn't got the fax from my insurance. alot of contradictions. but here is were I exploded with Wells Fargo as I mention at the biggining of this letter I send $300.00 extra a month to go to principal,(on your payment book there is a box on the paper asking if you want to put money in to principal, I always checked and add the $300.00. my wife ask them whent was the next payment and since she don't know it because I am the one incharge of bill paid, the customer rep told her in March was her next due date, My wife told me that and I got the phone from her, I ask the laddy about it and she said that I was sendind extra money every month thats why i was two month in advance I got so mad with this and told her that does 300 were going to principal not for monthly payment. This company takes advantage of there client and I will file a report to the better bussiness bureu, this is to much stupidity. They don't care and I am going to get another finance institution. regarles if you pay your car payment on time or not they step all over you as there custome. This has been the worse finance experience. I had use chrysler finance, ford finance, Mercedez finance, chase manhattan finance ect for other loans and by far this companies were 100% better that Wells Fargo. Carlos PLANTATION, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Minneapolis, Minnesota
30, Report #193712
May 29 2006
Wells Fargo Acceptance ripoff fraud cheat Chester Pennsylvania
About 5 month ago i got About 26 calls for 20 days from wells fargo stating they never got my auto payment i kept calling them to see if they got it they always said NO so i told them i will give them a check over the phone with late fees and go to the bank the next day and stop payment on the first check this call took place at 8.30 pm before i got to the bank at 9.00am the next day they cashed both checks and today they are saying again they didn't get the payment they are full of s***. I WANT TO KNOW WHY THE BBB OR ANYONE ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS COMPANY I READ HUNDREDS OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS COMPANY DOING THE SAME TO ALL OF THEM. Wells fargo is no better then enron the only thing is that wells fargo is ripping off from the customers. SO TO THE BBB OR THE FBI FRAUD IS FRAUD AND YOU NEED TO GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR A** AND STOP WELLS FARGO. Mark youngstown, FloridaU.S.A.
31, Report #194128
May 31 2006
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff Stockton California
On 5/1/06 Wells Fargo received an order from DMV to put a lien on my checking account, which they did, and charged me $75.00. Since I've told Wells Fargo numerous times that I do not use this account except for my life insurance premium, and I'm quite sure they were aware there were no funds in this account, at the time, as I've only used this account for approximately the past two years, for my life insurance deductions. Anyway I've banked with Wells Fargo for 24 years, and this is not the first time they've attempted these outrageous fees. $75.00 for order, $22.00 overdraft fee, and $5.00 continuous overdraft fee, totaling $125.00 so far. If this were me trying to access my account for $75.00 it would've been denied due to no funds, so why is it fair for the bank to do the same, and expect to collect those fees. Carol Stockton, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Stockton, California
32, Report #203716
Jul 31 2006
Wells Fargo And Other Bad Banks Bank Ripoffs Davis California
I too had many problems with Wells Fargo. Please all of you that are having problems, join my group and let's take some affirmative action. Everyone complains, but nothing ever gets organized to do anything about the problem. We need some new laws to protect the consumer. I am posting the subscription address. I really hope you don't just chalk this up to experience and let it go. You know they are counting on this. By the way, if you are an employee, and want to offer putdowns, please just stay away! We have had enough of you! sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company your comments on this policy are welcome! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. Gail Davis, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Davis, California
33, Report #203416
Jul 28 2006
Wells Fargo Acceptance ripoff Chester Pennsylvania
Hello, My name is Deborah and I feel ripped off by Wells Fargo. I did not know that there was help for me.Two years ago I was in a car accident and the other driver was at fault. The other driver was slow about responding to my claim so, unaware of the precedure of filing a claim, I called Wells Fargo's claim department and they sent an insurance adjuster to look at my car in case the other driver never responded. After a few days I heard from the insurance company from the other drive,Stat Farm, and they made arrangenents for me to get my car towed and fix, then supplied me with a rental. Several weeks later I discovered that the my insurance issued Wells Fargo a check for the damage of ny car and they never informed me, they applied the check to my amount due.I had spoken to Wells Fargo several times about the progress of my vehicle and they never once informed me that they had received a check. Once I called them on it they then applied the check to my account. Now that I am having a financial problem and I am late with my payment they are threatning to reposses my car, I feel that they were given money for my car and that money should have lowered my payment or at least be made to help pay off my debt.The amount of the check was $3.375.00 and the received it on 11/11/2004. If there is anyone that can help me let me know immediately. Deborah DALLAS, TexasU.S.A.
Nov 04 2004
Wells Fargo Banks Reject Visa Guaranteed Fraud claim Phoenix Arizona
I had a company charge my visa Card with out permission. $1,600. Scarlet Oaks have refused to give me proper invoice to prove the charges. I know now they are doing the wrong thing. I have sent Visa card this statement and you can read now. Dear Marty Ext.5263 Claim# V0531043043 This is to clarify the situation. 1) I never gave Scarlet Oak permission to debt my card. 2) I never agreed to any Amounts to be debited to my card. 3) Scarlet Oak has been told in Feb 2004 not to every charge my account as any actions must first be supply with a proper invoices with dates and evidence. 4) No agreements, Verbal or Written are in place to charge me money for services or goods. I believe Scarlet Oaks is stealing from me for money not authorized. I believe also this is not the first time Scarlet Oak has done to other clients of Visa card. They not have an office. The screen call as to say someone is after them for bad business. Also the owner has refused to talk or email me. Now I found out that Wells Fargo has sent a letter stating that Scarlet Oaks had it computer stolen I know this is not true. Someone is always at the home/office. The story I was told the computer had a storm effect. The matter would have been solved if the money had been reversed, proper invoices and agreedment of charges. Scarlet Oaks/ Ms. Jullie Allen has refused. If you can not deal with this problem please refer to someone with the authority. Also, One other things I have noticed is that the bank has not provided me with any documents stating why my account has been charged back after Three (3) months have passed. Here is the bank response: Mr. I apologize for placing you on hold for an extended period of time. I was researching your claim at the time. Based on the information you provided me and the documents provided to me by yourself and the merchant, we have decided to let our decision to deny your claim stand. As you suggested, all the details were weighed and the determination lies that the resolution of this situation needs to be addressed in civil court. Please call me with any questions you may have at 800-548-9554 ext 5263. We appreciate your business and thank you for banking with Wells Fargo. Marty G. Freeman Operations Manager ATM Fraud & Debit Card Operations MAC S3928-040 (480) 449-5263 (800) 548-9554 Ext. 5263 Edward Houston, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Sep 25 2005
Wells Fargo ripoff auto loans and payoff Chester Pennsylvania
This is the situation my husband and i are going through. Wells fargo is incompetent, you never talk to the same person twice and they hold payments for long periods of time. This is not settled yet, any suggestions let me know. This is copied from a letter sent to them. On 8/8/2005 a check in the amount of $6,531.00 was overnited to the above address as payment in full for the loan # 4936340. On a daily basis following this day Wells Fargo continued to call my home everyday, requesting payment. When speaking to Wells Fargo representatives on the phone they continually stated the check had not been received. On August 19th, my mortgage company Beneficial was notified to put a tracer on the check as a Wells Fargo rep had stated that day that it was not received and he suggested putting a stop payment on it in case it was lost. The whole next week I received calls from Wells Fargo everyday wanting payment. On August 22th Beneficial put a stop payment on the check because Wells Fargo Rep had stated it had not been received, shortly after that I received a letter thanking me for paying off the car and a refund check for overpayment. Beneficial had stated possibly the stop pay was not issued in time and Wells Fargo had actually been able to cash the check. On September 9th, I received a call from Mitch (wells fargo rep) at number 800-511-1812 ext 34550 who then told me the check was declined for stop payment and I explained the story to him and he said he had no idea why Wells Fargo held the check for over 20 days and no one seemed to know it was there and to have Beneficial issue another check. This was done on 9/12/2005 and the check was mailed, certified, return receipt requested and received in your office on 9/15/2005 at this time Mitch stated that the $6531.00 was still the correct payoff amount. Since that time Wells Fargo has called my house everyday, threatening with repossession and telling me account is overdue. I have been told the check has not been received, and it has , I have enclosed a copy of the receipt. I was told the check was sent back and that I couldn't be told the reason for sending it back and that I owed Wells Fargo and additional $250.00. The man I spoke with said he had no record of any previous conversations about this matter and no record of ever receiving a payoff check , the number I reached him at was 888-346-4357. As of 9/24/2005 neither I not my mortgage company, Beneficial has received the said check in question. The only proof I have is that it was received in your office on 9/15/2005. I am not sending anymore money until some proof is provided to me by Wells Fargo that the check hasn't been lost, stolen or misused. Donita HARDIN, KentuckyU.S.A.
Feb 10 2005
Wells Fargo Ripoff Potential Overdraft Scam Portland Oregon
Firstly, I'd like to that those at Rip-Off Report.com for this service. In many cases large institutions rely on the inability of their customers to conjoin and discuss similar situations to determine whether broader implications exist. The internet is slowly changing that reality and websites like this one are helping. In reading some of the rebuttals here, it would seem not everyone is clear on what a so-called rip-off actually is. Rip-off doesn't automatically mean being wronged when you are 100% right. A meaning of rip-off can be as simple as and exploitation (of circumstance). The question I have regarding Wells Fargo is whether or not they have knowingly (or unknowingly) instituted practices, policy or procedural that ultimately result in predatory consequences for their customers? I think, yes. Now here's my particular story and I'll try and be brief. I have my payroll check direct deposited with WF which posts to my account every other week. In this case I mailed a check about a week ahead of my DD to make a credit card payment (to another institution). The check was to travel from California to Texas. Theoretically, with travel and processing there would be some time before the check would post to my account. I wrote the check with the expectation that the DD would occur around the time the check would post. If it posted before, fully expected to be rightfully assessed an overdraft fee for that transaction. No problem so far.... On the Saturday after sending the check but before my DD (AM Thur), I called my credit card company for find out whether they received my payment. They hadn't as of that Saturday afternoon and obviously my WF account didn't show the check posted. After checking my WF account again Sunday, I performed a coverable debit transaction which was immediately posted to my account that same Sunday BEFORE the check posted. I check my account balance Monday. My account reflected the debited amount and because it was within my balance at the time, NO OVERDRAFT for that transaction was reported. However, on Tuesday I checked my WF account and there was not only an (expected) OD for the check which had finally posted but there was now an additional OD fee for the debited transaction which was reported by WF as having posted immediately Sunday. Needless to say, I called WF fuming. I spoke with a Jamaal and explained my what I perceived to be a clear problem. He of course went right down the customer service list of textbook defenses. At one point he stated WF's processing takes the highest transaction first but realizing how that might have sounded, he re-canted and suggested that the check may have come through on Sunday before the other transaction and that's the way they processed the transactions on Monday. Eventually he concede and attempted to perform a courtesy reversal of the charges....came back on the line and told me he couldn't because I had a reversal performed within the last 180 days and it wasn't due to bank error. Long and short of it is, something stinks. I told him customers can go 'round and 'round with people like him but the only way to find out if WF does in fact have some policy or procedure which amounts to a predatory practice the only way to find out definatively is by way of a class suit. Which brings me to why I'm here...to find out whether or not there's more to this than meets the eye. I hope to gather enough information and/or victims to possibly see if there are grounds for a class action. If there is no there..there, then so be it. But there is only one, real way of finding out and that's to have their records mulled over by competent legal minds. As a long time customer with WF, I would suggest at minimum their procedures be revamped so as not to even appear to predatory. Eddie Long Beach, CaliforniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Wells Fargo Bank
Entity: Portland, Oregon
Apr 20 2005
Wells Fargo overdraft ripoff On Line Banking California
Have to admit that I made a mistake on my account that resulted in as overdraft. However I have two accounts with Wells Fargo and the mistake was transferring funds into the wrong account - had funds on hand within Wells Fargo to cover the transactions but customer service said since it was my fault they would do nothing to help with the overdraft fees. Not only that but they did what others have complained of where they take the largest payment presented and then bounce any other checks to maximize the amount of cverdraft fees they collect. Customer service was totally unresponsive and follow a strict company guideline to make no restitution if the error is not the banks. Maybe they are within the law but the practise certainly borders on the unethical (customer service rep told me I just was very fortunate to have recieved a high cost loan -- those were her exact words). Any convenience of on-line banking and being able to deal with multiple locations pretty much goes out the window when the company seems intent on extracting every possible fee they possibly can from their cusotmers. Highly recommend looking for other banking options and if at all possible find a bank with personal service. We all make mistakes at some point or another but Wells Fargo is going to be sure you pay for them big time. If anyone else is seeking class action help with this issue I'm game ... haven't been so upset with a company and it's attitude toward their customer in a long time. Bill Las Vegas, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: San Francisco, California
38, Report #161944
Oct 24 2005
Wells Fargo ripoff Ruidoso New Mexico
Mine is the same as thousands. I had a forced insurance placed on a loan that I secured with a motorcycle. My complaint is that their insurance is at least three times higher than the insurance that you or myself can aquire on any given day and it only covers the colleratal which is securing the loan. My insurance that I purchased is only $238.00 for a full 12 months coverage. Their insurance is $896.00 for coverage from april 5th 2005 to 12-31-05. That's only 8 months. I could cover my motorcycle for 4 years with what they are covering my motorcycle for 8 months. Is this a form of insurance fraud or am I just taking this too hard. I need to know if this is legal and if so how do I (we ) get this changed. Maybe petition the courts to mandate a limit on how much a financial instution can acess on any loan for forced insurance. Michael ruidoso, New MexicoU.S.A.
Entity: Ruidoso, New Mexico
Nov 29 2006
WELLS FARGO RUTHLESS PROCEDURE ON CLOSING ACCOUNTS RIPOFF NATIONWIDE
I have read very similar complaints on this website which makes me realize how ruthless Wells Fargo is when they close your account due to insufficient funds. Of course they wait until your payroll direct deposit hits. On their website under their policy when holding deposits it states that the customer is informed in their message alert when you sign on to your account. I didn't receive any notice. Had I received a notice I would could have taken precautions instead of being left completely broke. I am still shocked that any financial instition would act in this way. They say the process of closing my account takes two weeks. I asked them is that so they have an opportunity to charge me as much as they can? They said that my money is locked that money wasn't going to pay any debits, so why couldn't they give me the amount that was going to be mailed to me two weeks from then. I realize I made my mistakes but for them to punish me by knowingly leaving me without a cent is not acceptable especially for two weeks. I work in a large legal environment so I am going to continue to do some research on this. To me their act was personal nothing less. Claire Torrance, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Torrance, California
May 09 2004
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff West Covina California
I deposit A check for $20,000 on friday 4-30-04 at about 5:00 p.m on Tuesday 5-04-04 the bank system shows that the check has cleared and i have a balance of $22,000. I make an on line payment for $5,000 on wednesday that clears. I also send out a payment by mail for $15,000 and my mortgage payment for $1500 that wednesday. On saturday when I go to make another deposit and a withdraw transaction the atm machine gives me a statement with an overdrawn account of -$63, at this point I can't withdraw money. I then try to use my wells fargo credit card which I also use as my overdrawn protection. My credit card is also declined because my checking account had been overdrawn therefore, my credit card had been maxed out. I called the bank they state $20,000 check did not have suffcient funds i asked why did it show that the check had cleared on 5-04-04 they stated that the bank will sometimes give you the funds? It turns out i was stuck without money and without any income source this mothers day weekend, I also found out I have a few bounced check, late fees, and overdrawn fees do to this problem. all because there was a bank error although, the bank claims they have not done any mistake on their behalf. If anyone has any help, solution, or answer for this issue, headache, problem, please help. Ruben CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: West Covina, California
Sep 28 2004
Wells Fargo Overdraft Fees ripoff San Diego California
I might be joining this debate late, but I have had problems with Wells Fargo charging items and then putting the items through at a date that is different then the day of purchase, as someone who likes to keep a look on my records, I checked the minute I bought something the balance in my account and the debits from my account, each debit added up to what I was supposed to have. This bank has some of the most unethical standards that I have ever encountered. Frank Frank Lakeside, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: San Diego, California
Oct 11 2004
Wells Fargo ripoff Rancho Cordova California
Wells Fargo rpioff us by we closed account in middle of July by phone. Was on our way out of town due to illness in family. In Sept. we recieved a statement showing we were overdrawn by 137.00 and they were telling us if we didn't made a deposite to cover that overdref they were going to close our account and turn it into collections. We called and they said they didn't have any notes about closing the account in july. they accepted a charge that wasn't even suppose to be there. we are now waiting until they get in touch with the person that put the charge on our account and if they will credit the account then they will close our account if not they want us to cover that 137.00 we are not going to. Judy Rancho Cordova, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Rancho Cordova, California
Aug 18 2007
Wells Fargo Reported wrong credit report Indianapolis Indiana
Recenlty I was trying to get my car refinanced though Wells Fargo. The gentlemen in the office said I could. However, my mother would have to co-sign for me. He took her information but failed to explain the following. That is my credit was bad when they checked and it was denied. They would put that one her credit report. I told him my credit wasn' that great. Now my mother has a black mark on her credit report. She has worked hard all her life for Great credit. I think in all fairness they should take that off her credit report. It is on mine as well. And that is okay. Now here's the real problem I have with this. When my Dad was living he co-signed for me. They checked his credit report and mine. They cleared it with flying colors. Why didn't they do the same to my father. If my credit report was bad? I think it is terrible of Wells Fargo. What I like to see happen is for them to right a letter to my Mom. Telling her they are sorry for the mistake. Then tell her they reversed the report. They told me over the phone they could not reverse this. I think it's a bunch of bull...... if you ask me. Oh and get this the girl on the phone from Wells Fargo suggested I take it to BBB. How about that for being stupid. Janelle Indianapolis, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: Indianapolis, Indiana
Aug 13 2007
Wells Fargo Identity Theft and Fees ripoff Victoria Texas
For the last several months, I and my husband Steven have been trying to clear up some identiy theft on our Wells Fargo bank account info that has been used to get numerous credit cards and other items that have been put into our bank account without our knowledge. We have tried calling Wells Fargo (this costs $2.00 everytime we call and we get no where), we have gone in person to speak to Kris, only to not be allowed to talk to her because she is busy with another customer--even though we are willing to wait, we have made many calls to the branch Steve uses all the time, but no one will return our calls. Finally last week, Kris called me back after I left a very irrate message. I explained about having documentation of Steve's identity beign stolen, my ATM card being stolen, and now we are several hundred dollars overdrawn at the bank and there are over $10,000 worth of debt on credit cards that were taken out in Steve's name, but not his. She said to come see her. Steve tried. He was not allowed to see her because she was busy with another customer and he was not permitted to wait. I am still battling Wells Fargo. They have supposedly put a stop on all activity on the account, but they still want all these fees and ofterdafts that we did not encure in our name. There were loans taken out in our name that were not ours. Direct payment for collections that were not ours. I am not sure where this will lead, but I refuse to pay for something we have been asking for them to assist us with. I don't bank with Wells Fargo. I use another bank now and they have been very helpful in getting me the information and numbers I need in order to get help with this. The DA's office says they can't do anything because they need further proof from Wells Fargo, Wells Fargo says they can't do anything. So what is a newlywed couple supposed to do when faced with identy theft? On my own, I have gotten our credit reports and found all the credit cards. I have been trying to work with these companies, but they are very angry and want thier money from Steve since we stopped the direct payments. Wells Fargo is in alot of trouble here in Victoria. The front page of the Victoria Advocate (our newspaper) just had a story where the bank misshandled $230,000. I am glad to know I am not alone, but I am upset that a bank this large doesn't have any control and keeps passing the buck to the next person and all I get is the runaround. Judy Coons Placedo, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Victoria, Texas
Dec 24 2007
Robert Sayetta Wells Fargo Short Sale Rip Off Willmar Minnesota
I am purchasing a home and the lien holder for the second is Wells Fargo. The seller has sent all his paper work in on November 13th we signed the papers to buy on September 1st. Well Fargo has made arrangements to agree to the short sale and has been approved by the 1st manager and the second and is sooooo slow in sending a simple letter to our closing attorney that they may blow the sale by delaying this. We have talked to them daily (the seller and I ) and have had nothing but a run around. Our loan approval runs out on the 2nd of January and if it is not sone both us and the seller loose out as we may have to go through the loan approval again and credit as it is is so tough and we will also have to pay 40% taxes on the funds we removed from 401K to put down the down payment. They do not have to be so slow as they have agreed to let the seller make payment to pay them their entire amount back but over time which is a little longer than the original agreed time. Wells needs to look at what they are doing. Robert Willmar, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Entity: Willmar, Minnesota
Dec 27 2007
Wells Fargo ANOTHER VICTIM SAN FRANCISCO California
ANOTHER VICTIM OF WELLS FARGO AUTO INSURANCE CPI FRAUD. BALBOA INSURANCE COMPANY REFUND INSURANCE PAYMENT THAT THEY HAD RECEIVED BY MISTAKE OF 130O.00 BUT WELLS FARGO AUTO REFUSE TO PLACE MONEY THAT WAS REFUNDED TO THOSE FIVE MONTHS OF PAYMENTS THAT WERE INTEND FOR CAR MONTHLY PAYMENTS. INSTEAD THEY APPLIED REFUNDED MONEY TO THE PRINCIPAL OF THE LOAN. REFUSING TO MAKE CORRECTION OF LATE FEES CHARGED AND UPDATED INFORMATION REPORTED TO THE CREDIT BUREAUS. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE. PLEASE SAVE ME! ride or die homestead, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: SAN FRANCISCO, California
Mar 07 2006
Wells Fargo Lost Deposit ripoff Austin Texas
Wells Fargo lost my deposit placed in their night drop 30 mins before they opened for the day on mid Dec. I have spoken to numerous representatives. All claim that they are investigating. 2 Months. No luck. I was able to replace one check which fortunately was over half of the deposit. But the cash is gone. The manager of the branch office said maybe a homeless person took it out of the box. All the other reps have not responded to any of my questions about checking security cameras or the personnel in the branch. I have gotten many official letters but in the end looks like I am out $180.00 cash because I used the Night Deposit - It was a first and I learned my lesson. I am also amazed at how smooth and professional Wells Fargo is on brushing you off. I would almost say they cared. But not enough to get security cameras or investigate themselves. I thought Banks were there to keep your money safe. Now it looks like my word against theirs. I was shocked to find out how little security there really is. Donna Austin, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Austin, Texas
Mar 08 2006
Wells Fargo ATM ripoff Los Angeles, California
After this incident I have no trust in banks. I was standing on a long line waiting to deposit my savings. A Wells Fargo officer advised me that he best way to not keep track of money deposits is to do them in cash. Since I have some problems at home and want to keep my saving private, I did just that. I opened a new account at Wells Fargo just for the little security I needed, just was it really secure? So I was standing on the long line with my little 3 years old daughter, who is very restless and always wanting to go here and there to explore things, and I was about to leave, go, and return to make the deposit another day. At that crutial time an officer, who assists the people on the like with whatever they want to do, approached me. He asked me what is the purpose of my visit today and I explained that I will be making a cash deposit. He told me that I don't need to wait on the like but I can depot the cash in the ATM machine. I was reluctant. I told him I have never done that and it seems it is a big amount of money; more over I was a new customer and did not know the bank and its rules and work habits well. I was scared. He insisted, and told me he will do everything. Promised and done. He completed the depots slip and asked me to put the cash into the ATM envelope. It was still sealed in my Washington Mutual envelope and he asked me to take it out. I did so and he counted the cash - $1100. I did deposit $200 check as well. All I did was to put my card in the ATM machine and input my pin. My daughter was going haywire, but I managed to keep an eye on the officer. All was done well, I thought After 3 days I received a letter explaining how I actually deposited only $900 cash and $200 check. I was enraged. How is that possible? I went back to the branch and talked to few people. They advised me it is not their duty but I have to contact the telephone number provided in the letter. I did so and there was just going around customer service and other numbers none of whom did provide me with a clue what to do. After the weekend I returned to the branch and meet with the officer who assisted me in the transaction. His name is Erik Martirosyan. He explained he is just hired and according to him ATM is save. He told me I can use his name in any correspondence, and he can testify that the cash was actually $1100, not $900. I spoke to the manager of the branch as well, but she told me I have no right to ask about testimony from Eric, and should go and deal with the telephone in the letter. I was really disappointed. The same person who was smiling at me while I was opening my account is now almost going to shutter me with words. What hypocrisy! At last, somehow I managed, after making one dozen phone calls to get to the right number and file a dispute. Few days later I received a letter from Andrea Villavelazques, Agent from Phoenix. I don't know what that location had to do with Los Angeles, but in the letter was a confirmation that she has looked into the physical evidence of my case and she confirms that there is no mistake in the amount entered. I called her, since there was a phone provided and asked her to explain to me what evidence she has checked. She told me that the evidence is attached to the letter and I looked it. It was EAPD Cash Substitution Ticket with imprint of what I have indicated as a deposit and what the actual amount was. I argued that this confirms their side of the story, but is not an actual evidence for me. I asked if there are security cameras, and she told me that they don't have security cameras, but the place where the cash is taken out is very secure and people don't even wear their own cloths. I replied that I don't know that for sure because if there are no cameras, even this argument is just on her word. I said that people working there in this case are not really monitored and anything can happen. Where else the taking of the $200 could have happened? She backfired that even Eric could have taken the cash, which for me doesn't make any difference since he is a Wells Fargo officer. She said she did her job well. Well I said, congratulations, you did well for Wells Fargo, but the customer is still $200 deprived. Then she became really nasty and started accusing me that may be I did not count my money right, she did have cases like that. I told her money were sealed in an envelope at the other bank. It took me 10 minutes to come from one bank to the other. I have the time of actual withdrawal. That was my savings for god sake. I was so scared that I did not want to take the money out of the envelope even when asked by Eric to take then out for counting. Moreover it was easy for play with the amount - $200 check, and $200 taken out by Wells Fargo easy argument to accuse me I have input a wrong amount. But the people who took the money out did not know one fact that Eric from Wells Fargo wrote the deposit slip and counted the money. It is so ridiculously clear that Wells Fargo's employees and the whole system is not professional, and I have paid $200 for that. I fallowed their advice. I could have used a check, but I took my money out in cash, moreover I listened to a nowise bank officer to put my money in their ATM machine, and paid for that. Am I supposed to know everything about the cons and pros in the banking to make just a deposit? Why this entire people working for this huge institution are well paid to extend that their comfort makes them not care for people they are supposed to work for? I want to close my account with this bank, but not before this is solved! Antonia Los Angeles, CaliforniaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Wells Fargo Bank
Entity: Los Angeles, California
Dec 28 2004
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff Torrance California
Wells Frago strikes again with the Merry Holiday Overdraft Fees......Excessive fees actually. Their habit of deducting the largest amount first to charge more overdraft fees is too much for me. They just lost yet another long term customer! Not only are they now charging me $264.00 in overdraft fees when my account should only have been charged the 1 overdraft fee of $33.00 for being overdrawn by $90.00, but now they are charging $5.00 a day additional. The $90.00 I was overdrawn should have only been a $33.00 fee, but not so due to the way my account was charged, largest to smallest dollar amount. I instead incurred fees of $165.00 the first day and when $300.00 was deposited on the following day it was not enough to cover the other items I had purchased AND the extra overdraft charges. My account is now at a negative $224.00 and I will NEVER do any business in the future with Wells Fargo. They are ripping people off. I am completely disgusted and find their practices utterly reprehensible. Pamela Redondo Beach, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Torrance, California
Aug 04 2005
Wells Fargo ripoff Desmoines Iowa
I have been living the wells nightmare for a couple years.From taking them over 30 days to post payments (that way they get late fees and mess with your credit so noone will refinance for you) I filed bankruptcy as a last resort,then the payments they recieved during the proceedings was never posted and I still dont know where that money is despite showing them the cancelled checks! I was told by one of their customer service repsand I use that term loosely that those checks didnt mean anything and she hung up on me... I have sent 3 financial disclosure requests to them and my attorney has sent 2 for an accounting of my entire history with wells fargo and they sent us a letter showing the 3 months before the date of the letter we sent my lawyer says hes never seen anything like that... Now their new scam is to send my payment back with a sticker on the envelope from the post office saying that fowarding time had expired. I never got anything from them saying anything about a new address (another late fee) now I have 4 addresses to choose from and noone at wells can tell me which one is right. I reckon that'll be more late fees!!! I now see a charge on my statement for 700.00 that noone there can explain. all they said is its corporate fees. I had another charge for 50.00 and was told that it was because they had someone ride by my house to see if anyone lived here!!! I am so mad with these people that I wanna ride up to desmoines and grab someone by the collar and get some answers.. Their customer service people are very rude and either they are well trained at giving people the run around or they are just dumb as a box of rocks.. I did show my neighbor who was gonna refinance with them all the crap they have pulled and he went else where to do his business.. thats one for the guys on the street getting ripped off buy these crooks.. pass the word if ya see wells argo on the door there are crooks on the inside.... Im going to keep fighting I hope everyone else does too.... Ron sumter, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Desmoines, Iowa