WLI RESERVATION REWARDS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: Wli reservation rewards

There may be more reports for "Wli reservation rewards"

For more results perform a general search for "Wli reservation rewards"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jul 13 2003
WLI Reservation Rewards ripoff credit card scam Norwalk Connecticut Internet
I just discovered that for the past two months, my credit card has been charged a $7.00 fee from some company called WLI Reservation Rewards. After disputing the charge with the credit card company, the credit card company gave me their telephone number. I called the WLI Reservation Rewards customer service. I told them at the start of the call that the call was being recorded. The customer service agent said they could not speak to me if the conversation was being recorded. After telling them that the recorder was switched off, I explained that I have never purchased anything from them or even heard of their company. The man said I had authorized the monthly charge when making a purchase on a Yahoo shopping store. I had made about four purchases that day for home furnishings, so I am not sure which one it was. The man informed me that they could cancel my account, but could only refund charges for the current month. I told him I was disputing the previous month through the credit card company. I remembered getting a popup after one of the purchases stating that I had earned enough points from the purchase to get a reward. I clicked on the popup and was taken to someplace inside a rewards site at a different company. The reward was restaurant coupons or something that I was not interested in so I exited. According to the customer service rep there is some fine print in there somewhere and when you click on the link it authorizes them to begin charging you $7.00 each month. At no time did I ever give this company my credit card number. After thinking about it for a few minutes, I called back a second time and got a woman in customer service. I told her the previous rep told me that they could only refund for this month's charge. She confirmed that this was correct. I then said Could you please tell me who gave you my credit card number, because I certainly didn't. She said I will have to put you on hold. After a long delay, she returned and said We are going to make an exception and return last month's fee. She declined, however, to reveal from whom they obtained my credit card number or purchase anything. I found many similar complaints against WLI Reservations Rewards on the Internet. I don't understand how a copmpany can give another company your credit card without permission. Be careful and read all of the fine print when you click on any online purchase confirmations. I will no longer access shopping sites via Yahoo! Bruce San Francisco, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jul 14 2003
WLI Reservation Rewards Unauthorized Credit Card Charge without any permission Norwalk Connecticut
I noticed a charge on my credit card that I did not recognize I called 888-688-5995 and spoke to a representative who tried to convince me I filled out a form that included my personal information and credit card number and signed up with their service.I advised her I did not and this was no error, it was intentional and I would file a report with the Federal Trade Commission, Better Business Bureau and my credit card company. They offered me a refund however I read several reports of people being charged for months and not getting their refunds. I cancelled my credit card so the number is useless and it cannot be charged again by these scammers. The most infuriating part was when this rep kept trying to convince me I signed up by filling out a form and that's how the information got to them. I probably clicked on a link but that is very different from giving authorization for my credit card to be charged any boby can understand that simple logic. A Tustin, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jul 15 2003
WLI Reservation Rewards ripoff: Unauthorized charge to a Govt Credit Card Norwalk Connecticut
I am in the Army National Guard and travel a lot and for this reason I have a travel card issued by the government for Official Travel purchases. I don't know how and I don't know why, but this company got my credit card, and attempted to charge $7.00 to the card on several occasions. Luckily, the card was declined because of it being an unauthorized purchase. However, I never found out about the attempts until a few weeks ago when my card was cancelled and I called to find out why. I am lucky to have a good person working in that department in my state and I explained I didn't know what the charge was and I never authorized any such thing, he simply re-activated my card and said to be careful where I use my card from now on. I found out the company's phone number and called and they didn't provide too much information to me, only that the account was cancelled after the card was declined. They wouldn't tell me why there was even an account in the first place after I asked several times. I just thought I'd let you all know that about this company. Name Witheld Kingwood, West VirginiaU.S.A.
Jul 11 2003
WLI Reservation Rewards ripoff deceptive company Norwalk Connecticut
Unbelievable! I noticed a charge of $7.00 on my checking account statement for WLI reservation rewards. After researching this I found out that they received my information from Fandango.com and took it upon themselves to charge my account! They have since refunded my money and canceled the account that we never signed up for! I purchased advanced tickets through Fandango for my husband as a surprise and this is what I get! Never again will I use this company and I will be sure to tell everyone I know not to use this company! How could a company charge you for services that you never agreed to! Katrina Edison, New JerseyU.S.A.
Jul 12 2003
WLI Reservation Rewards internet ripoff no permission to charge account Connecticut
I bought an item through J.C.Whitney catalog and started receiving charges for $7.00 on my debit card statement.I have never heard of this company and I explained this to them and it should be clear because I have never used their services since I supposedly signed up. I have had three checks bounce thanks to these people and now they want my checking account statement to resolve this situation.This is a scam so carefully read the receipt on anything you buy online. Hope these SOB's get whats coming to them!! Scott Munford, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: Connecticut
Feb 10 2004
WLI RESERVATION REWARDS ripoff! Fraudulent credit card billing. internet
While checking my Visa bill I found a $7.00 charge from WLI*RESERVATION REWARDS which I did not authorize. I have no idea what the charge is for, or how this FAKE company got my Visa card number. I have called both telephone numbers list for this comapny, both are disconnected. This is an absolute SCAM. Anthony Pollock Pines, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Jan 18 2004
WLI RESERVATION REWARDS I WAS ROBBED Shelton Internet
Who are these people?? Well they got my CC# and charged $9.00 to my card!! I am outraged! I have never heard of this company and yet they just charged me for something? And without my knowledge or permission??? Someone needs to stop these THEIVES!!!! Olivia Fort Lauderdale, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Shelton, Internet
Feb 05 2004
WLI Reservation Rewards and buy.com RIP-OFF! Internet
Noticed a $7 charge on my VISA and called them to see what's up. Found out they've been charging me seen July and got really pissed off. Said I signed up for it when I bought something from Buy.com. Yelled and threatened them and finally got refund for all those charges back. JUST DON'T BACK DOWN!! Can't believe these jerks to think they can get away with stuff like that. Pissed Pasadena, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Dec 29 2003
WLI Reservation Rewards slipped a charge onto my credit card ripoff Internet
I have no idea how the charges started but they are apperaring on my credit card. I suppose as one complainer said it was through a motel reservation. $7.00 a month suddenly appeared. Donald Houma', LouisianaU.S.A.
Dec 29 2003
WLI Reservation Rewards ripoff slipped a charge onto my credit card INTERNET
Jan 25 2004
WLI RESERVATION REWARDS ripoff Shelton Connecticut
I ordered clothing from KingSizeDirect.com on 12/06/03, on 01/06/04 a charge of $7.00 was charged to my MasterCard. Searching the internet for this company's name I found this website. Seems that others have had the same experience with WLI Reservation Rewards. KingSizeDirect.com is owned by the same company as Lane Bryant. There was another report similar to mine concerning Lane Bryant. I found the company online, had them email me my password, logged in and went to their contact us page and cancelled my account. The website responded that the $7.00 charge applied to my MasterCard on 01/06/04 would be refunded. Refund or not, this company has to be stopped. I did contact the Brylane Company (owners of KingSizeDirect.com) and expressed myself rather strongly (no cuss words) and reported it as a fraudulent charge as well. Brian Rancho Dominguez, CaliforniaU.S.A.
WLI Reservation Rewards Charge me $7 stealthly Internet
I have never contact or visit or buy anything from The WLI Reservation Rewards and the sucker company charge me $7 on the first day of the year. I stayed home and did nothing but relax whole day at 1/1/04 because it was holiday Yuan college station, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Jan 27 2004
WLI*Reservation Rewards deceiving sign up; confusing; unexplained charges Shelton Connecticut
I saw the charge to my bank statement today for $7. Found this site which made it easy for me to go look up the web site (www.reservationrewards.com). I had to ask for my password since I had no recollection of ever signing up for this. Sure enough under my profile was my card number, name, address, etc. I decided to play it by their rules (as posted on the web site). I called the toll-free number and told them I wished to cancel and did not authorize it. The agent was able to look up my record and tell me where my membership originated. In my case, it was from a reservation I made with Choice Hotels about a month ago and I was given an opportunity to join the program by clicking on a few buttons. I do remember the situation (kind of). I do not think that I gave out my cc card number to them (I did use it to guarantee our room) but I do remember getting sucked over to that other site. I THOUGHT I was signing up for the hotel company's reward program and then realized that I had been a chump and exited quickly (but not quickly enough). I was told I should see a credit back to my account in 2 - 3 days. If I don't, I will simply refuse the charge via my bank's fraud policies. Cathi Loveland, ColoradoU.S.A.
Jan 27 2004
WLI Reservation Rewards Ripoff: Misrepresentation (Credit Card Scam) Shelton CT Internet
I like many others have fallen victim to the shaddy business practices of WLI Reservation Rewards. HOW THE SCAM WORKS: As you use the internet to purchase goods from a vendor and the end of your purchasing experience, you are prompted about receiving information on Reservation Rewards. When you indicated that you are interested in the infomation you are asked to provide a email address and a password(?)...What else is new on the internet. HOWEVER, at that time you are entered as a member and your credit card is subsequently charged with a monthly membership fee (mine was $7.00). WLI Reservation Rewards gets that information from the VENDOR!!!!!! AFTER YOU DISCOVER THIS ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILL: You can call the number 1-888-688-5995 and tell customer service that you want to cancel or you will call your attorney generals office. They will offer to reverse your charge and they will send you a confirmation email. I am sure there will be many who don't see this charge and will pay for this membership without knowing about it. Hopefully some state AG will investigate this SCAM. THE LAST STEP (AND THE MOST IMPORTANT): is to let the vendor (Mine was Cheaper than Dirt.COM that I will no longer buy any products from them. THE LOST BUCKS AND BAD PR For Cheadperthandirt.com will help them realize that this is a bad business practice and they have lost more than they will gain is commissions off this SCAM. Gary Tulia, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Shelton, Nationwide
90, Report #204921
Aug 07 2006
WLI Reservation Rewards ripoff scam dispute monthly charge without consent Shelton Connecticut
Without my knowing consent, a legitimate company I bought services from shared either knowingly or unknowingly my credit card information with a fraudulent company, WLI Reservation Rewards. This company for the past several months has charged my credit card with a $10/month fee which at first I thought was for a legitimate purchase, but upon further examination I found was not. When I saw that the company had charged my credit card on the exact same day for at least five previous months, I knew something fishy was going on. I contacted the company to cancel these fees to my credit card, and demanded a refund which they were way too willing to return. I will know in the next week or so whether or not these funds will be given back to me as has been promised, but in the meantime I plan to contact everyone I possibly can to report WLI's bad business practices including the state of CT and the media so that people can be more aware of fees that they do not recognize on their credit or debit card bills. Sarina Bridgeport, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Sep 16 2006
WLI Reservation Rewards, AllPosters.com fraudulent, scheming, dishonest pigs Shelton Connecticut
Whelp...I guess I was next in line. About a month ago i ordered 2 posters from www.allposters.com then yesterday i noticed a 10$ charge in my online banking statement. I called WLI Reservation Rewards. They were all too eager to cancel my membership and make sure my 10$ was credited back to my account. We'll see though. I will not drop the matter. I have an appointment at my bank on monday to have my debit card number changed as well as my whole checking account. Who knows how many other people allposters.com has given my information to. Heather Roanoke, VirginiaU.S.A.
Sep 19 2006
WLI Reservation Rewards credit card scam Shelton Connecticut
Like many of you, I recently noticed an unauthorized $10 charge to my credit card from this company, err, scheisters in collusion. I will be calling 3 people tomorrow: this fraudulent operation, my bank, and the CT Attorney General's Office (I hear a lawsuit is in the works). Anyone reading this who has also been a victim of this scam should do their small role in assisting to ensure this outfit gets just-deserves by filing the appropriate complaints...ripoff-report.com, AG's Offices, BBB, etc, are all a good start for the consumer. Brad Colorado Springs, ColoradoU.S.A.
Jan 09 2006
WLI Reservation Rewards - Fandango ripoff, Share the wealth Shelton Connecticut
I recently purchased movie tickets through Fandango, an online movie ticket service. As a result I was honored with Rewards Reservations freebies. With the promise of coupons, discounts etc, I signed up but never gave them a credit card number. While reviewing our statement, my wife noticed a $10.00 charge from WLI Reservation Rewards. I immediately called thier 800 number and aske what the deal was. I was told that the credit card information was inherited from the Fandango Movie tickets transaction and that the $10.00 was the membership fee. They agreed to refund the charge and cancel the membership. The disturbing part is they never said This will cost $10.00, and sharing my charge card info?? Had I been made aware of membership fee of $10.00 the session would have ended there and To not have been prompted for my card number? Both of these companies are greedy pigs. Irve Arlington, VirginiaU.S.A.
94, Report #190562
May 08 2006
WLI Reservation Rewards Coupon discount ripoff Shelton Connecticut
I clicked on a coupon that was a pop up from MOVIETICKETS.COM They started charging my credit card account $10 a month. There was no indication that I joined this club. Beware if you use movietickets.com. They probably get a cut of the action. Tom Mclean, VirginiaU.S.A.
Sep 22 2006
Wli Reservation Rewards ripoff, deceptive business practices, unethical Internet
Noticed today that a $10 charge from this company was on my credit card bill. Immediately called and was told this service was initiated from an order my husband placed on geeks.com. Then found that it has been on my bill since June, with the geeks.com order on my May bill. (yes-shame on me for not catching this sooner) After quizzing my husband, he did say that there was some type of discount available that he may have checked, and we are assuming that this was the membership agreement. When I called, I canceled immediately. My husband called geeks.com and was told that this was an off-site company and was given an apology. I am bothered that they can get credit card info when they are not affiliated with the companies that they attach themselves to. As I am writing a letter to my cc company to dispute these charges, my husband called reservation rewards and asked for our $30 back--which they said would be credited back to our account within 5 days--no problem, no questions asked. I am waiting to mail my letter to see if this is true. I am wondering if the state in which you reside affects the ease of dealing with these companies. By the way, in looking at the geeks order, we did not receive any type of discount. I have heard of scams like this, but it never affected us. Now I will be diligent in checking my cc statements monthly! Debbie PORTERVILLE, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Sep 30 2006
WLI Reservation Rewards unathorized charges to my bank account Connecticut Internet
I ordered a piece of jewelry from Limogues Jewelry online and after that i got mysterious charges to my bank account. I noticed the first time this change was on there for exactly $10 in an account that was emptied because i only use it to my rent because my checks are for that account. afteranother charge i got from them on 9/25/2006 there was finally the word RESERVATIONREWARDS and their #, so i called to figure out what is was, and i got a recoreding asking if i wanted to cancle and i did that RIGHT AWAY so it didnt have a chance to bill me again. i got on the internet and typed in Reservation Rewards and after everything that came up for the search it said SCAM FRAUD RIP-OFF so i investigated. Apparently this has been happening to ALOT of people, with other wibsites as well.Each complaint i read said the same thing about getting billed and not knowning where it was coming from, and that all these people never comitted to the membership, and how they didnt know how this Reservation Rewards got their information. So i called Reservation Rewards back and asked a representative, who might i add was having a hard time speaking english, why i was being billed, when i signed up, and how i gave them permission.. she told me i gave them my e-mail address, from Limogues jewelry, and i NEVER DID, i went to limogues to order a ring. and then she told me Reservation Rewards sent me e-mail to comfirm my membership, and i told her i didnt get them, nor did i accept the membership for somthing i dont need or want, and she told me, after a few e-mail if i dont respond they automatically bill me. i called my bank to find out how many charges there was from this place, and she said there is only one that had the Reservation Rewards name on it, which i knew there was one, but there was another with no name from where it came from, with this same $10.00 charge, so i filed a report there, and i'm getting a new Credit Card, so they cant still have my information and bill me anymore if they plan to. because i only use this account to put my rent money into, my first change from them was in my empty account, and i for about 6 or 7 overdraft charges that had me owning my bank over $320.00 ! MONEY I DONT HAVE! Money that i had to pay the bank instead of playing an electic bill or getting food. Its very very upsetting, the debt it put me on, over somthing i had no control over, and the fact that so many other people this has happened to, and the Reservation Rewards company is still up and running is just beside me. How can they just keep continuing to get away with this, i read that a few people didnt even notice this for 3 years! because of the decrete way they bill you and not even letting you know. i just wish i could get the money they took away from me, the money from all the overdraft charges i had to pay. It isnt fair. Tiffanie Davenport, IowaU.S.A.
Entity: Connecticut, Internet
97, Report #202089
Jul 20 2006
WLI Reservation Rewards This company seems to be out to ripoff everyone! Shelton Connecticut
Several months ago I noted a charge on my credit card from this company for services. At first I thought maybe I had purchased something from someone that was using this company like a billing agency. Well the next month I noticed another charge from them for the same amount. So I asked my wife about it and she could not reconize the company. So I called the 800 number and found out that it was some kind of rewards club. I asked how they got my credit card number and was told that I must have sent it to them. I told them to cancell the service and to stop billing my credit card. They said they would and that they would send me a confirmation e-mail to the effect. I did not get an e-mail from them, but I did get billed to my next credit card billing statement. I finally had to cancel my credit card to stop any further charges.I don't know how these peaple got my card number, but when I read some of the other complaints about this company I suspect that they got it from one of the online companys that I have used to book airline tickets. If anyone has any idea on this please let me know. I plan to file a complaint with the bank I have my credit card with. Tom Nashua, New HampshireU.S.A.
Oct 25 2004
WLI Reservation Rewards FOLLOW UP on possible ripoff Shelton Connecticut
Talked to WLI today. I had apparently accepted their rewards program while ordering a book online. Maybe I just forgot to cancel membership in time, before they charged the $9 monthly fee. I cancelled it. If a charge appears on my bill next month like it did for at least one person on this RIPOFF website, I will take appropriate action. Christine Oakland, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Oct 28 2004
WLI Reservation Rewards ripoff via credit card Internet
I have received a charge on my Mastercard bill from WLI Reservation Rewards for $9.00. I know I did not sign up for this service, whatever it is. Sandra East Dubuque, IllinoisU.S.A.
Mar 30 2005
WLI Reservation Rewards ripoff fraud scam thieves Shelton Connecticut
I never authorized WLI Reservations Reward to take $9.00/month out of my debit card. When I had the bank and the guy from WLI on the phone he claimed I filled out the enrollment and authorization when I bought movie theater tickets from MoviesTickets.com a MONTH AGO! I never did such a thing cause all I filled out was my payment information and what movie I wanted to see. I am definitely going to start something on these guys. I've heard too much about them ripping people off and trying to give excuses. They did give me my money back with no problem. Even though they cooperated w/me, it was still a waste of my time. Chris Marietta, GeorgiaU.S.A.

Showing 76-100 | Showing Page 4 of 259