AAMCO Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: aamco

There may be more reports for "aamco"

For more results perform a general search for "aamco"

Showing 51-75 of 873 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "aamco"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Nov 12 2007
AAMCO The owner Sanford Mintz is a SCAMMER!! Chicago Illinois
It is my intent that everyone who does a search on this place gets this message and found out about my bitter experience at this particular AAMCO shop. The owner of this place, SANFORD MINTZ, an eighty year old guy about 5'8, also known as SAMMY, SANDY, ripped me off $2,891.00 on a transmission, he never fixed, this incompetent old crook had my car in his garage for almost six months. He made me paid him in advanced $2000 and the remaining on the day that I picked up my car, and when I did, I realized the car was not fixed. I took this case to small claims court, which resulted in judgement on my favor, but this old crook has paid up yet. All this nightmare goes back since May 2006, it's been a year and six months so far. Heed my words, take your car somewhere else. I have proof of everything said here. write to me if you have any questions at gersontech(at)yahoo(d0t)c0m. But whatever you do...don't go to this particular AAMCO SHOP. In Spanish, cometi el error de llevar mi carro a esta mecanica, donde SANFORD MINTZ, dueno de este lugar me cobro $2,891.00 por una transmission que nunca arreglo, este senor es un viejito como de 80 anos, va tambien con sobrenombre the SAMMY o SANDY. Este ladron me dijo que le pagara por adelantado $2000, y el resto $891.00 en el dia que recojiera el carro. Cuando lo hice y pague el resto, al manejar mi carro me di cuenta que no habia arreglado mi transmission. Es viejito se nego a devolverme el dinero. Lo lleve a corte y gane pero hasta ahora no he recibido mi dinero. Todo esto empezo cuando lleve mi carro a AAMCO que esta en la 2157 N. Cicero Ave en Chicago, IL en Mayo del 2006, ya ha pasado 1 ano y seis meses. TENGAN MUCHO CUIDADO CON ESTE ANCIANO, TE PUEDE HACER LO MISMO. Estarias mejor en cualquier otro lugar. Si tienen alguna pregunta escribanme a gersontech(at)yahoo(d0t)C0M. Todo lo que digo aqui es verdad y tengo pruebas de todo. Gerson Chicago, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Chicago, Illinois
Nov 15 2004
AAMCO Transmissions Ripoff incompitent rude not their fault Oceanside California
They insisted that my transmission needed a major overhaul when all I wanted was a service. All they did was make matters worse. Had to return the car several times. They also damaged my radiator in the process. They denied my claim for reimbursment for the radiator even though I gave proof that there was nothing wrong with it before they worked on the transmission. Is it coincidence that the manager and mechanic were fired during all of this? The original invoice for the overhaul was $2250. It looked like a laundry list of things to do. After the first fix, the car broke down in my driveway. I couldn't even get into gear. Then they worked on it again. The second invoice of repairs was longer than the original one. The second invoice makes the first one questionable, was the work really done or did their mechanic do more damage to it? Now they don't even want to talk to me. They're happy, they got my money. It's no wonder automotive mechanics get such a bad rap. The few like AAMCO Oceanside ruin it for the honest hard working knowledgable shops. I thought I was in good hands by taking it to a national chain of reputable name transmission repair shops. Obviously not. They would not admit there was a problem with the car until we had their machanic drive it at which point the car took-off by itself and basically broke down in his hands. This could have happened while my wife was driving and kids in the car, someone could have been killed, oh, but that wouldn't be AAMCO's fault! All I wanted was my fluid changed. You might be better off using the neighborhood shadetree mchanic over these guys. My hundred dollar transmission service ended up costing me over $4,000 in subsiquent repairs, rentals, ruined vacations, lost time at work and school, and the kicker is, they just don't care. They sound good going in, smile when taking your money, but talk down to you and treat you like dirt when all you're trying to do is make things right. AAMCO OCEANSIDE IS AN INCOMPITENT RIP-OFF!!! You would expect after spending so much money to fix something, that you wouldn't need to spend so much time back there that you need a time card. Bryan Oceanside, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Oceanside, California
Dec 14 2004
Aamco bait and switch Ripoff Hammond Louisiana
I was looking at buying a used 92 Ford Explorer 4wd from a business in the Hammond area. The owner told me it had a transmission leak but had it looked at by other mech. and told it needed to be resealed. The owner was going to just donate the car to charity but offered to sell it to me for $500 buck. I told him I wanted to see how much the transmission would cost to repair it. Aamco towed it to their shop, then took it for a test drive and she said it shifted fine and prob just needs to be resaled as well. Well they had me sign an agreement for a reseal $695 (keep in mind I'm still not the owner of the car). Then comes the bad news call we need to replace the converter, a solinoid, and the planetory gears, and then reseal it at a cost of $2,000. This could be found because the gears were loose and they found metal shavings. I smell scam... the explorer has 90,000 miles I talked to some mechanics at my work that work on Macks and they said it sounds like a scam. I called Aamco and told them that the transmission would out value the car and that I think just resealing it would be the way to go, then I was told that id I had that done then none of the work could be under warranty and that it would still leak. The company that ownes the car called Aamco and said they never auth. any work to be done on the car and was comming to pick it up the next morning. Do I owe any money to Aamco and do you think it was a bait and switch? Thanks Daniel New Orleans, LouisianaU.S.A.
Entity: Hammond, Louisiana
Mar 19 2001
aamco the transmission rip-off specialists
I recently purchased a rebuilt transmission for my vehicle. It has been back for adjustments 6 times. They keep saying it is fixed and I dont agree. I took it to two other places for an opinion, they say it's slipping and not working right. The last two times I had my vehicle there it was for at least a week. They never iniated any conversations about the condition of my vehicle. They would not return phone calls. When I called they said my vehicle was ready. However, when I got there to pick up my car, they say that there was nothing wrong with my vehicle and wanted me to go on a test drive with them. THey never did anything to my car! This wouldnt have irritated me if they would have returned my calls and told me the truth. This is the only Aamco in Ft. Worth so They feel that they can get away with this garbage. I will drive to Arlington for future warranty work. I will let you all know what they do. Jackie
Entity: Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas
Jan 16 2000
AAMCO Transmission Rip-Off Rochester New York
- My 1991 Honda Accord (manual transmission) had a transmission problem. I could not shift into 1st and 3rd gear. - I brought it to AAMCO Transmissions on Monday 12/27/1999 at 1521 MT. Read Blvd. in Rochester, NY. 14690 Independently owned by: Barry/Francis ENT., Inc. Francis F. McAllister Phone# (716) 254-5920 - When all was said and done, my car was ready to be picked up on Wednesday 01/05/2000 at AAMCO, ten days later. ================================================================= The Facts as I Remember Them --- ----- -- - -------- ---- - After AAMCO did a external diagnostic service which includes a fluid check and road test with diagnosis, I was told on Monday that I needed a special bolt and lock washer and, the car would be ready in (2) days. - I was told, I lead a charmed life. The special bolt had broken off and half of it was still in the transmission. I'm lucky the half in the transmission didn't cause more problems. If it had, I was told I could be paying as much as $1600. In this case, it will cost me $400, to rip the transmission apart. - The transmission had to come apart in order to get the bolt fragment out. - I expressed that the car had to be done in no more than (4) days because I had to work New Year's Eve. I could NOT be inconvenienced that night. - I was working over the phone with a guy by the name of Bruce at AAMCO.During the whole ordeal, the owner Francis F. McAllister or his son(s) never made their presence known to me. I only worked with Bruce. - On Tuesday, I decided to have AMMCO put in a clutch kit. $258.77 Since it was apart. - Any way, I kept on top of the situation because, the parts now had to be ordered, I was told from a Honda dealer (John Holtz). Time was critical. - Well, the parts didn't come in on Wednesday or Thursday. I'm on the phone to AAMCO and the Honda Dealer. - AAMCO said they special ordered the parts. - The Honda Dealer said AAMCO ordered the parts on a regular stock order. The stock order was a special order. STOCK ORDERS TAKE A MINIMUM OF (3) DAYS. - Talked to a great guy by the name of Roger Pettit, in Parts. (Experienced) - The Honda Dealer mentioned that if AAMCO had ordered the part to be shipped over night, then it would have been at the dealer by Wednesday. - The Honda Dealer stated that most transmission places order their parts over night in this manner. - I got on the phone with Bruce at AAMCO and was told that he didn't order the parts over night because, he was trying to save me money.Over night shipments cost more. - The actual cost of both the parts mentioned above was less than $5. - I was furious that my car was not to be ready on time and, before a (3)day holiday. - Bruce mentioned that if the parts come in on Thursday, he had to have them by 1:00 PM. It takes (4) hours to put the transmission back together. If they did come in and the dealer called to let him know, he'd send a guy to pick them up. - AAMCO and the Honda dealer were to be closed for Friday, New Year's Eve. The day I really needed the car, to work that night. - I decided to contact the home office of AAMCO as per their web site instructions for customer satisfaction. I thought that they should know about the situation and my discontent. Maybe, they could help. Maybe, I could get a customer discount for all my inconvenience. That was on Thursday. - WRONG! - All AAMCO's are individually owned, (franchise). - I talked to a person over the phone by the name of Pat Accordino at the main AAMCO home office, (Customer Relations). Phone# 1-800-523-0401 x312 - I told her the situation and mentioned I was worried about any retaliation towards me for calling the main office. They had my car. - Well, the first time I talked to her, she said she talked with the franchise owner, Francis F. McAllister. Could have been one of his sons, I don't know. - She said, she made the owner, Francis F. McAllister aware of the situation. - The last thing that happened on Thursday was, another call came in from Bruce at AMMCO. He mentioned that the master builder recommended replacing a $67 shaft. He could over night it and it would be here on Monday. - Talk about adding insult to injury. (3) days later I was told this. I wasn't to be told at all if the parts had come in on time. I was told, they were not going to tell me because they knew I was in a hurry for the vehicle. - Well, the 1st of the year came and went. It was now Monday, a week later and the Honda dealer had received one of the two parts by then, the special bolt. - No car for Monday. - I was back on the phone again with AAMCO's main office - Pat Accordino - I wanted my bill to be 5-10% discounted for my inconvenience. Again, I was worried about retaliation towards me, at my car. I mentioned this to Pat Accordino. - Pat Accordino told me that I should expect the franchise owner to be unhappy with me calling the main office. - Pat Accordino called the owner again. Pat Accordino mentioned the owner would take car of it. - The owner took care of nothing. - No car for Tuesday. - The second part came into the Honda dealer on Tuesday. The lock washer. - The Honda dealer couldn't get a person to deliver the parts to AMMCO until the afternoon. This would be too late. Bruce at AAMCO stated, that he was a guy short and couldn't send a person. - See how the car fell off AMMCO's priority list. - I was also told by Bruce at AAMCO that since I called the main office and made the franchise look bad, that I was to pick up my vehicle the following day and payment would only be accepted by cash or bank certified check. This was also for, making them look bad at the Honda Dealer. - I was told that they have dealt with people like me before. (Dis-satisfied ones, I believe) - I called Bruce back, to tell him I'd pay in cash after I test drove. He said fine. - Pat Accordino from the main AAMCO office called me back on Tuesday. She let me know that my car would be ready to be picked up the next day. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR USELESS HELP Pat Accordino! You only made things worse. - Well Wednesday finally came and the call from Bruce came to let me know my car was ready. - We argued over paying in cash first or test driving the car first.I asked why the change? He said, we've dealt with people like you before. He mentioned, I could test drive before paying and leave him off on some corner. I lost this argument. He got the cash then, he came with me on the test drive. - I asked for a percentage off for my inconvenience. I was told again how it wasn't their fault and, how lucky I am working with a transmission shop that didn't run up the price. Bruce mentioned that most of their business comes in, by word of mouth. - Boy, am I lucky. I sacrificed my car for 10 days. - The vehicle was driven for 14 miles total, in ten days. They lied on the receipt, which specifies the vehicle was only driven 4 miles when I picked it up. But this was the first thing I checked. I set the vacation mileage meter. I thought this to be excessive. (10 miles too much) - What else could be wrong with this car? - What assurances to I have when you've pissed off a franchise by calling the car dealer and the home office? - I had a rear side passenger flat tire on Thursday night. My fault, I guess. I had to replace it, once I got the rusted piece of steel out of it. - While writing this, Pat Accordino from the main AMMCO office called to follow up. Boy, I guess, I got 10% off my chest. - BOTTOM LINE: - I payed full price ($716) - Always have the parts that are ordered from a dealer. OVER-NIGHTED! - Never call the home office, this makes a franchise mad. - Never have a transmission job around the holidays. - Always set the vacation mileage meter to zero when taking your car in. - The customer, in this case, was treated like grap. - If I had the dealer do it. I would have at least been treated like a customer they wanted to keep and, probably been given use of a car. - In my opinion, NEVER GO TO AMMCO! - Never call 1-800-GO-AMMCO - Here is my 2 cents and, my word of mouth. - America is a wonderful country. You can get screwed and still voice your opinion via freedom of speech. welcome to the internet, your in my world now, for all to see,Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Aamco Transmissions
Entity: Rochester, New York
56, Report #1968
Jul 30 2000
AAMCO of Mississauga Canada Ontario a rip-off
AAMCO 1369 Dundas St E. Mississauga,ON L4Y 2C7 I live in Columbus Ohio, and as I was traveling to see my girlfriend in Toronto my car experienced transmision problems. I had my car taken to the AAMCO dealer mentioned above on Saturday March 18th 2000. I spoke with Pat on the phone, and he said he would do the 39 dollar test. Pat called me back to tell me that motor was fine but my trans had problems. Pat told me that if it was just the soft parts it would be about 1600 dollars. He also let me know that it could be more, but would not be able to dertimine that until he opens the transmision. On Monday March 19th, we had talked to the warranty company (this warranty was from the dealer where I got the car) the warranty company explained what they did and did not cover. Pat called me on Tuesday the 21st to let me know that the warranty company was sending a person to inspect the trans to be sure it should be covered. Pat mentioned that the case is cracked also. Pat called me on the 22nd to say good news they are going to cover you up 2100 dollars, but you ahve to come up with the rest which is about 1400 dollars!!! I knew my warranty company should pay for everything except a 100 dollar deductable, so I had to call them to find out why thy were only paying 2100 dollars. The Warranty company said it could get a rebuilt trans for 1500 and that shop could install it for a total of 2100 bucks. I called Pat back to tell him what the warranty company said. He then said they are using used parts and does not know about the warranty. I called my warranty company and they told me it was parts and labor and nationwide. I thought great, so I called Pat back to let him know, he told me that he could not use that rebuilt trans, and that if I wanted to go with the other shop he would have to charge me for tear appart and put back together. My warranty company agreed to pay 5 hours of take apart, but told them not to put it back together. I also told Pat not to put it back together. He tried to tell me it was their policy, and I told him that by law if I told him to stop working on my car he had to. Pat still tried to get me to pay for 5 hours of putting it together. I refused and told him not to put it together. I ended up paying for 1.8 hours to put it together. The whole time he is whining about his warranty and how he went out of his way for me. I told him that I can not afford to pull 800 bucks out of my pocket to get to him, or 100 to go to another shop. I was very angry with how Pat treated me after he knew I was not going to get repairs done at his shop. I would advise anybody not to goto AAMCO.
Entity: Mississauga, Ontario
57, Report #20261
May 06 2002
AAMCO ripoff abused & mistreated Atlanta Georgia
My car broke down in the beginning of December of 2001. I called AAMCo to repair my car in which the total cost was $2,462.00 and some change. Due to my financial status, Dave, the mananger, made an agreement for me to Pay when I can. I made my first payment of $1,000.00 in January of 2002. On May 3, 2002, my finance company paid the balance of 1,462 and change to AAMCO. When I picked up my car the following items were removed: Jumper cables, Tool box, the passenger side front tire cap on my rim, and to top it off my battery!!! In which i found out later that day...I purchased my battery from an Auto Zone here in Atlanta. The battery in my car was a NASCAR battery and Auto Zone does not sell those. Needless to say that I am in there computer system. So there's the proof that someone switched batters from my car. Due to my financial situation, I just want to say that I do appreciate the business in repairing my car, but to take my items was not necessary. The thing that is so disappointing that when i called AAMCO the same day I picked my car up Mr. Dave told me that He didn't know anything about it, but if it mean that much to me that he will replace only my cap. Nothing else .....And to think about 4 months my car was there on his property and that he could have charged me a property fee. Which is has nothing to do with my items being taken. Something needs to be done. I need to be reinburst or i will be this report in the newspaper!!!! and call my attorney!!! Shannon Atlanta, Georgia
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Aug 23 2001
Aamco is terrible, I've been screwed.
I have a 1996 Chevy Cavalier.A few weeks ago, the car wasn't shifting correctly and finally would not even go into drive, and only sometimes would shift into second gear. My regular oil change guys recommended a place, but they wouldn't be able to look at it for a couple of weeks. They suspected it was the valve body, but couldn't be sure. I was quoted $800, which at the time seemed like a lot of money. My boyfriend and I decided to take the car to Aamco because he had called them and they disagreed with the other place. Aamco said they could run diagnostics on the car for $49.99 and would then quote me a price. I left the car on a Monday afternoon and was assured that it would be looked at that same day. When I didn't hear from them I thought it would only be fair to give another day, things happen. Right. So I call back the next day and they tell me that they haven't been able to do anything because the car will not move. The guy supposedly put it in reverse and the car wouldn't go anywhere. This was just the beginning. I asked why the car worked fine on the way up there and why I had never had a problem with reverse at all, but now it wouldn't move. Richard told me he understood completely my concerns and would personally check. He called back after an insanely long amount of time and said yes, I was right, the car did in fact move. He said the transmission needed to be rebuilt, which would cost $1100, and then the torque converter would need to be replaced at $315. I am a 21-year old female, and a college student. I work full-time but still don't have that kind of money to throw away. I told Richard not to do anything without my authorization, and that I would talk to my dad and my boyfriend before making a final decision. He called back in a couple of minutes telling me the price had dropped from $1100 to $950. I asked him what the difference was and he said Ma'am, we're just trying to run a business here. I had reluctance from the beginning, but my dad thought I should just go ahead with it. He offered to help me pay for it, so I decided to go for it. Richard said it would take 3-5 days to get it done. It was impossible for me to go without a car for that long, so he offered to have me speak to someone about a rental car. They made a decent offer, so I accepted. This was probably a mistake. I don't think they even looked at the car, because they were making money from the rental. The rental car, a Ford Taurus, had a gas gauge that didn't work (when they gave it to me it registered as full, 20 miles later the fuel light was on) and every time I stepped on the brake, the car shook terribly. Finally, after a week I told Richard that I was bringing the rental back so that they would start working on my car. He assured me that they had been, and that I would have my car back that day, that it would be done by 2pm. I still hadn't heard from him at 3, so I called to ask him what was going on. He said they had replaced the valve body (which they began as telling me was fine, and which I had not authorized them to do anything with) and it was the wrong part so I didn't have second gear. However, he assured me that the wrong part looked almost exactly like the right one! He said his technician had been calling around for the part all day and couldn't locate one. (When I was done talking to him I called an Auto Parts store. Of course, they had it in stock.) At this time, it has been two weeks, I still don't have my car, and he's telling me it will cost $1800. School starts on Monday and I have no car. I have no idea when they'll really finish it, if they have actually done any work at all, or how much money they will try to charge me in the end. I realize that they think I'm a dumb girl and to some extent they are right. However, they have no right to treat me this way and I am not going to stand for it. If anyone else is interested in standing up to this company, please contact me. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to stop other people from dealing with this dishonest, unprofessional, and unethical company.
Entity: Harrisonburg, Virginia
Nov 16 2001
aamco talks but ,doesn't stand behind there warranty's.
I got my vehicle repaired at AAMCO with a ninety day warranty on there work. My vehicle broke within the ninety days. And they did not honnor there warranty.They tried to find every excuse to get out of the warranty. I called there so called costumer relations numbergetting nowhere.They did alot of talking, and telling me certain things I needed to have, before they would look into it. And when I provided them the infomation they wanted, they still found ways to discourage my complaint. They will not allow me to get in touch with anyone with any athurioty that can help me. I tried talking to them online getting nowhere. I also tried going to the actual AAMCO that I had my automobile repaired at. And the manager at that store was very rude and would not listen, or work with me at all. I've tried everything short of talking to a lawyer. Maybe someone here can help me or atleast save someone else from getting ripped off, by a big name company like AAMCO.
Entity: Gretna, Louisiana
Jul 17 2001
AAmco Transmission Gross Incompetence, Overcharging rip off deceit
Well, it all started when I purchased a used 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA last August. Beautiful car, fast, custom black paint and custom brushed aluminum alloy rims. It has a thundering 350 cubic inch V8 with Tuned Port fuel injection and a 5 speed manual transmission with a posi-track (limited slip) rear end. Can we say FUN? Well, now that you have the specs, soon after I picked up the car it became painfully apparent that it needed a new clutch. Trying to get up a nearby hill was an exercise in futility. Being my usual impulsive self, I took the car to my local Aamco transmission shop. Who could blame me? They are a huge company, their ads are very convincing what with James Brolin staking his name by endorsing them and all; how bad could it be? I was about to find out... When I got the car back a few days later (they offered me their courtesy car in the meantime - I will save that for another story; suffice it to say it was about 15 years old and smelled like something had died inside it) it ran great! The new clutch really gripped and I could finally take advantage of all the car's awesome power. I was almost out of my mind however after paying slightly over $1600 for the clutch job! For that kind of money, the workmanship should have been perfect. After a couple of weeks, the problems began which lead me to believe Aamco had done perhaps the sloppiest, crappiest job in the world. When engaging the clutch, especially when reversing, there is a pronounced shudder coming from the clutch/flywheel area. There is but one cause for this, and that is a warped flywheel. Every time a clutch is replaced, the flywheel mounted to the rear of the engine should be machined to remove any irregularities and to ensure smooth clutch operation. This was obviously not done on my car or it was done very poorly, despite the fact I was charged for it. Soon after I noticed that problem, I also began to hear a strange ticking sound emanating from the clutch, but only when it was fully engaged, my foot off the clutch pedal. As soon as I pressed the clutch about an inch, the noise would stop, as if I was taking up some slack. The best was yet to come however. When replacing the clutch, the Aamco dealer informed me that the master cylinder was leaking. (This is part of the hydraulic clutch system) They replaced it for about $200 in parts plus labour. About the time I noticed the ticking sounds from the clutch, I also noticed the hydraulics were leaking like crazy. So, I returned to the Aamco dealer to have these problems addressed. The mechanic came out to hear the ticking noise for himself, but claimed he could not hear it, of course. I took him for a test drive and still he could not hear it. Now, this noise was so painfully loud that you would have to be deaf not to hear it. This mechanic was just being an asshole, trying to put one over on me. It was only when the manager came out and heard it that the so-called mechanic suddenly heard it as well. They put the car up on the hoist, looked into the small opening in the side of the bell housing where the clutch fork inserts (this is the metal arm which pushes on the clutch pressure plate when you press the clutch pedal) and squirted some grease onto the release bearing. The noise went away after that, temporarily. For the leaking hydraulics, they claimed it was just settling and to keep an eye on it and top it up from time to time. Thoroughly not satisfied with their explanations, I drove away in frustration. When the ticking noise reappeared a month later, I took the car back, and they once again squirted some grease onto the release bearing. I asked them if this was how it was going to be; with me brining the car in once a month for its refresh squirt. It was about this time that my 5th gear decided to quit. These Borg Warner T-5 transmissions are not known for their iron-clad robustness. Aamco told me that when I was ready to have the transmission rebuilt, they would then address the clutch problems. In other words, when it was convenient for them, not for me, since they would be making money off the transmission job anyway. I decided this particular Aamco location possessed some of the dumbest and most incompetent mechanics I had ever encountered, so I took it to a different location. This held a little more promise. I had the money to get the transmission rebuilt ($1100) and I told them I wanted the other parts fixed under warranty. They agreed to do this, and I got the car back a couple of days later. With a great deal of excitement I picked up my car and boy did it drive nicely! The only downside was that 4 days later, 5th gear broke again!! Now I don't know how much of this is incompetence on the part of the mechanic and how much can be attributed to the poor design of the T-5 transmission, but I was pissed off to put it mildly. I returned once again to Aamco and the shop manager was even more surprised than I was. Its an expensive waste of time for them, as the transmission has to come right out of course, and opened up again. The clutch was still making the weird ticking noise at this point, so I demanded they address that problem and the leaking master cylinder as well. They finally fixed it all, along with the 5th gear. The car drives wonderfully now, but recently I have noticed that ticking noise coming back yet again... I found the level of incompetence and the apathy and outright dishonesty appalling. The first Aamco shop in Burnaby is like some island of deceit and apathy. I did complain about them on the Aamco website ( www.aamco.com ) and surprisingly I was contacted by an Aamco rep the next day. We played phone tag for a few days but I never did end up speaking with him. His final message to me was well, the Aamco shop in your area informs me that you have been taken care of...so we will leave it at that. After spending over $3700 at their shops, and being put through the wringer they wouldn't even offer me the slightest bit of compensation. What a company. Big corporate America. As James Brolin says, ...Aamco...they are behind you all the way! - Yeah behind you alright, having their way with you...as they bend you over.
Entity: Burnaby, B.C.
Jan 23 2002
AAMCO Tramsmission ripoff the run around Annapolis Maryland
October,1999 we were haveing trouble with our sons Pontiac,Sunbird 1993. We brought to AAMCO because we thought they were experts in dealing with transmissions problems. The cost was $1200.00 for a rebuilt transmission. The car never seemed to run right but we did not think it was the transmission because we just had it rebuilt. August 2000 we took the car back they kept the car for 2 days and they were suppose to do some work on it but we did not see what was done they gave us a yellow invoice that said n/c and kept the invoice with the work done when I asked what was done they said dont invoice with the actual work done. The car was still slipping we should have brought it back again, it was just there for 2 days. October 2001 we brought the car back again and were told nothing was wrong.January 2002 we brought the car back this time Lee told us it would cost us between $650.00 and $700.00 to get fixed there is a broke band in 2nd gear. When I asked what does this mean he was silent and then said you are not under warranty. Why were we not told this earlier when we kept bringing the car back? I was then told to call the corporate office. We have been getting the run around there too.
Entity: Annapolis, Maryland
Feb 12 2002
Aamco Transmission Spring, Texas Sucks!
In August of 2001 we took our 1992 Montero Mitsubishi to Aamco in Spring, Tx. (The address is 400 Rayford, Spring Tx 77386, 281-292-4942.) They rebuilt our transmission for $1800.00. We had to borrow the money to pay for this. We have 4 kids and lots of expenses, as does everyone else. Anyway, it took them three weeks to do a job they said would take a couple of days. We got it back and drove it home. It was stuck in 4-wheel drive. We couldn't get it out no matter what we did so, we had them come pick up the car again. They got it out of 4-wheel drive and we took it home, again. We had it about 4 weeks and the transmission was slipping again. We took it back and the next day we picked it up and were told that the plug was not in tight and the fluid leaked out and that was the reason for the slipping. About a month later we had to take it back. The transmission totally quit while I had our three girls in the car coming home from our oldest daughter's basketball game. They picked it up and said that the whole thing was shot and they would have to replace most of the parts again. That was in December. We got it back on December 24, 2001. Today is February 12, 2002 and I have called Aamco again today. When I checked my transmission fluid and it was almost dry. I added a quart and ran it for 30 minutes to see if that was enough. When I got home it was totally dry. I added two more quarts and then noticed that as I was adding it, it was leaking out under the car!!!! They are picking my car up again tomorrow and the warranty is pretty much gone. It was a limited warranty and now we are going to have to spend more money...it still won't be fixed.
Entity: Spring, Texas
Feb 16 2000
AAMCO Transmissions Rochester, NY. rip-off
- My 1991 Honda Accord (manual transmission) had a transmission problem. I could not shift into 1st and 3rd gear. - I brought it to AAMCO Transmissions on Monday 12/27/1999 at 1521 MT. Read Blvd. in Rochester, NY. 14690 Independently owned by: Barry/Francis ENT., Inc. Francis F. McAllister Phone# (716) 254-5920 - When all was said and done, my car was ready to be picked up on Wednesday 01/05/2000 at AAMCO, ten days later. ================================================================= The Facts as I Remember Them --- ----- -- - -------- ---- - After AAMCO did a external diagnostic service which includes a fluid check and road test with diagnosis, I was told on Monday that I needed a special bolt and lock washer and, the car would be ready in (2) days. - I was told, I lead a charmed life. The special bolt had broken off and half of it was still in the transmission. I'm lucky the half in the transmission didn't cause more problems. If it had, I was told I could be paying as much as $1600. In this case, it will cost me $400, to rip the transmission apart. - The transmission had to come apart in order to get the bolt fragment out. - I expressed that the car had to be done in no more than (4) days because I had to work New Year's Eve. I could NOT be inconvenienced that night. - I was working over the phone with a guy by the name of Bruce at AAMCO. During the whole ordeal, the owner Francis F. McAllister or his son(s) never made their presence known to me. I only worked with Bruce. - On Tuesday, I decided to have AMMCO put in a clutch kit. $258.77 Since it was apart. - Any way, I kept on top of the situation because, the parts now had to be ordered, I was told from a Honda dealer (John Holtz). Time was critical. - Well, the parts didn't come in on Wednesday or Thursday. I'm on the phone to AAMCO and the Honda Dealer. - AAMCO said they special ordered the parts. - The Honda Dealer said AAMCO ordered the parts on a regular stock order. The stock order was a special order. STOCK ORDERS TAKE A MINIMUM OF (3) DAYS. - Talked to a great guy by the name of Roger Pettit, in Parts. (Experienced) - The Honda Dealer mentioned that if AAMCO had ordered the part to be shipped over night, then it would have been at the dealer by Wednesday. - The Honda Dealer stated that most transmission places order their parts over night in this manner. - I got on the phone with Bruce at AAMCO and was told that he didn't order the parts over night because, he was trying to save me money. Over night shipments cost more. - The actual cost of both the parts mentioned above was less than $5. - I was furious that my car was not to be ready on time and, before a (3) day holiday. - Bruce mentioned that if the parts come in on Thursday, he had to have them by 1:00 PM. It takes (4) hours to put the transmission back together. If they did come in and the dealer called to let him know, he'd send a guy to pick them up. - AAMCO and the Honda dealer were to be closed for Friday, New Year's Eve. The day I really needed the car, to work that night. - I decided to contact the home office of AAMCO as per their web site instructions for customer satisfaction. I thought that they should know about the situation and my discontent. Maybe, they could help. Maybe, I could get a customer discount for all my inconvenience. That was on Thursday. - WRONG! - All AAMCO's are individually owned, (franchise). - I talked to a person over the phone by the name of Pat Accordino at the main AAMCO home office, (Customer Relations). Phone# 1-800-523-0401 x312 - I told her the situation and mentioned I was worried about any retaliation towards me for calling the main office. They had my car. - Well, the first time I talked to her, she said she talked with the franchise owner, Francis F. McAllister. Could have been one of his sons, I don't know. - She said, she made the owner, Francis F. McAllister aware of the situation. - The last thing that happened on Thursday was, another call came in from Bruce at AMMCO. He mentioned that the master builder recommended replacing a $67 shaft. He could over night it and it would be here on Monday. - Talk about adding insult to injury. (3) days later I was told this. I wasn't to be told at all if the parts had come in on time. I was told, they were not going to tell me because they knew I was in a hurry for the vehicle. - Well, the 1st of the year came and went. It was now Monday, a week later and the Honda dealer had received one of the two parts by then, the special bolt. - No car for Monday. - I was back on the phone again with AAMCO's main office - Pat Accordino - I wanted my bill to be 5-10% discounted for my inconvenience. Again, I was worried about retaliation towards me, at my car. I mentioned this to Pat Accordino. - Pat Accordino told me that I should expect the franchise owner to be unhappy with me calling the main office. - Pat Accordino called the owner again. Pat Accordino mentioned the owner would take care of it. - The owner took care of nothing. - No car for Tuesday. - The second part came into the Honda dealer on Tuesday. The lock washer. - The Honda dealer couldn't get a person to deliver the parts to AMMCO until the afternoon. This would be too late. Bruce at AAMCO stated, that he was a guy short and couldn't send a person. - See how the car fell off AMMCO's priority list. - I was also told by Bruce at AAMCO that since I called the main office and made the franchise look bad, that I was to pick up my vehicle the following day and payment would only be accepted by cash or bank certified check. This was also for, making them look bad at the Honda Dealer. - I was told that they have dealt with people like me before. (Dis-satisfied ones, I believe) - I called Bruce back, to tell him I'd pay in cash after I test drove. He said fine. - Pat Accordino from the main AAMCO office called me back on Tuesday. She let me know that my car would be ready to be picked up the next day. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR USELESS HELP Pat Accordino! You only made things worse. - Well Wednesday finally came and the call from Bruce came to let me know my car was ready. - We argued over paying in cash first or test driving the car first. I asked why the change? He said, we've dealt with people like you before. He mentioned, I could test drive before paying and leave him off on some corner. I lost this argument. He got the cash then, he came with me on the test drive. - I asked for a percentage off for my inconvenience. I was told again how it wasn't their fault and, how lucky I am working with a transmission shop that didn't run up the price.Bruce mentioned that most of their business comes in, by word of mouth. - Boy, am I lucky. I sacrificed my car for 10 days. - The vehicle was driven for 14 miles total, in ten days. They lied on the receipt, which specifies the vehicle was only driven 4 miles when I picked it up. But this was the first thing I checked. I set the vacation mileage meter. I thought this to be excessive. (10 miles too much) - What else could be wrong with this car? - What assurances to I have when you've pissed off a franchise by calling the car dealer and the home office? - I had a rear side passenger flat tire on Thursday night. My fault, I guess. I had to replace it, once I got the rusted piece of steel out of it. - While writing this, Pat Accordino from the main AMMCO office called to follow up. Boy, I guess, I got 10% off my chest. - BOTTOM LINE: - I payed full price ($716) - Always have the parts that are ordered from a dealer. OVER-NIGHTED! - Never call the home office, this makes a franchise mad. - Never have a transmission job around the holidays. - Always set the vacation mileage meter to zero when taking your car in. - The customer, in this case, was treated like grap. - If I had the dealer do it. I would have at least been treated like a customer they wanted to keep and, probably been given use of a car. - In my opinion, NEVER GO TO AMMCO! - Never call 1-800-GO-AMMCO - Here is my 2 cents and, my word of mouth. - America is a wonderful country. You can get screwed and still voice your opinion via freedom of speech. welcome to the internet, you're in my world now, for all to see, > - UPDATE: 02/11/2000 - I received a call in mid January from Mike Pekula from AAMCO in Philadelphia (1-800-292-8500 x221) and he stated that he read the above from this web site. He mentioned that he was the Director of Consumer Affairs at AAMCO and knew the owner at this location. He was calling me to see what he could do, to help out. He wanted to know if 10% or $71 was a good amount to satisfy this customer (me). For all my time, aggravation and dissatisfaction, at the time, I agreed. It seemed sensible. He said he'd talk to the Owner. Well, that was January and I'm writing this in mid February. Still no response back from Mike Pekula. I called him and he stated he was still working on getting a firm commitment from the owner (McAllister) Yup, the check is in the mail, with AAMCO. To date, no response, no check, no nothing from my friends at AAMCO. I'M NOT HOLDING MY BREATH ------------------------ WHAT A CLASS ACT! reading for your enjoyment, > rumi@ACS.ROCHESTER.EDU
Entity: ROCHESTER, New York
Mar 04 2000
AAMCO Rip-Off Ontario Canada
I recently had my 1990 chev lumina trannie rebuilt, the problems That I complained about were slipping out of gear, and a funny noise comming from my transmission. well my estimate on repairs was 1195$ canadian for a rebuild. The actual price was a wopping2735.26$ canadian. the parts they replaced were 1.new filter 2.new fluid 3.rebuilt tourque converter 4.tranmission mount 5.bushing kit 6.sun gear shell 7.drive chain 8.fourth clutch hub after all of this I still have the same problem. I have also developed a great steering problem with my car since they had the front end appart, also my service engine soon light is on now, turns out that they banged loose a peice of my exause and it is making a sensor go haywire. when I took it back they pushed me away and said the problems I was having were not there, That is easy to say when I am not paying for it. I know I was ripped off and this company does not care at all. I saved money for months to have these tranmission problems now look what they did. Never shop at aamco never never never joe watson amcan@mountaincable.net
Entity: Ontario, Canada
Feb 12 2001
AAMCO Rip Off ..KITTY LITTER IN THE BELLHOUSING
I took my 96 GMC Sonoma pickup with 5sp Manual into the AAMCO in Lakewood, WA on 1/27/01 because it was shifting funny. Allen told me that the Slave and Master cylinder and clutch plate/flywheel all needed replacing to the tune of $1500. I told them that was too high and phoned my dad who was a GM Parts Manager for almost 30 years. They talk to each other and get the bill down to $800. I will go to the dealership and by the salve cylinder myself and take it over to AAMCO. They do not replace the Master cylinder as it is OK. I called for a rental and leave. on 2/3/01 I get the truck back and I drive it for a couple of days to see how it works. I took it back on 2/5/01 because it was still acting funny. Allen told me that they would adjust the pedal and clutch. So I drive out of the lot after about 15 minutes of work. I go down the street and turn around and take it back as it is worse then before. Allen and the mechanic both tell me it just needs to be broken in:. I drive it till 2/9/01 and I take it back as it almost cost me an accident because it would not shift right. They look at it again and tell me the new slave cylinder is defective. They said I could go and get a replacement one from the dealership where I got the first one. AAMCO said that they would charge me $230 to install the new part since I did not let them get the part, their warranty did not cover it. So I called the GM dealership and asked them about replacing the defective part and they told me that they would replace the part for free but would charge me labor since I bought the part over the counter and took it with me. So I though fine, I'll have the truck towed over to the dealership and let them put it in. If the part went bad again they (dealership would cover the labor). So it got towed over to the dealership and their mechanic took a look...... the dealership called me and told me it would be $700 to fix the clutch. So I went over there and they showed me what the problems was... The mechanic asked me where did you have this worked on, on a driveway? The problems with it were: 1. AAMCO put in the wrong fluid for the hydraulic clutch system which destroyed the master and slave cylinders plus all the rubber seals, O-rings,etc. (Gm charged me $4.65 for the right fluid and AAMCO charged me $39 for the wrong fluid) 2. Bolts were missing form places and the wrong bolts were in other places. 3. Pilot bushing was NOT replaced. 4. And the topper...... THERE WAS KITTY LITTER IN THE BELLHOUSING The mechanic was flabbergasted and he stayed past his going home time to get it done. I thank the mechanic.
Entity: Lakewood, Washington
Jan 03 2002
AAMCO TRANSMISSIONS BADLY OVERCHARGES
AAMCO Transmissions Co. 1742-48 J.F.K. Blvd. Jersey City, NJ. Overcharged my wife for work performed on her car. She had her transmission rebuilt, the origional estimate was said to be about $1,100. Then after he called the house about a question about the car, the repair shop found out about who her nephew is, a pro basketball player and that he would pay for the repair with his credit card. The estimate went up to $1.500 for the repair. So when he said that the car was ready to be picked up, me and my wife went to get it. The bill that we were given was to her was $2,472.24. Thats $1,000 over what she was quoted. Then when I started to question the price of the bill I was told, you are not paying so what are you worying about. So I called 3 other transmission repair places and got a quote from them their quote was about $1,000. When I brought them the bill from AAMCO, they all said that my wife was overcharged about $1,000. I called the AAMCO repair center to voice my discomfort and I was told, that if I think that I was overcharged that I would have to file a complaint with the court to get the money back. So now I am taking them to court for the money. I am very dissapointed with this repair center. Jermaine Jersey City Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on AAmco Transmissions
Entity: JERSEY CITY, New Jersey
Jun 28 2002
AAMCO Transmissions Fraudulant repairs, attempted fraud, Oceanside California
I took 3 different vehicles to AAMCO over the course of 5 years to have a diagnosis done and estimate to repair. Each time the vehicles displayed similar symptoms. I left the vehicles, each time, overnight with AAMCO to allow them ample time to make a diagnosis. Each time, the diagnosis was that the transmission needed overhauling at a cost of $1,400.00+ Subsequently, I took the vehicles to Oceanside transmission to have their technician look at the problems. Within minutes, the problem was found, and within 3 hours, simple gasket leaks were repaired. The bill was under $300.00 each occaison. Might I say that Ford AOD transmissions are defective and the gasket for the spacer between the transfer case and transmission housing, goes bad. As do the selenoids, shift valves and other assorted maladies. Do not use AAMCO. If anyone is ever in Oceanside California, go to Oceanside Transmission on Coast BL for your repairs. I know of several other consumers that have been ripped off by AAMCO also. AAMCO actually only owns a couple of shops. The rest are franchises. This keeps the dogs away from the door of AAMCO Corporation, and makes the franchisee liable. It is up to the franchisee to reimburse people for the bad work, not AAMCO Corp. The franchisee does not have the money to satisfy the consumer complaints. So, it is not a deep pocket company that most people think will make it right. The local privately owned shops are more likely to give good honest service as they need the return business, get alot of their business by word of mouth, and don't have huge advertising costs that have to be recouped by higher prices and fraud. Chris Oceanside, California
Entity: Oceanside, California
Aug 08 2011
Aamco Misdiagnosed, Misleading and Ripped Off Mesa, Arizona
I took my car to the location 868 S. Country Club Dr. Mesa, AZ 85210. Spoke with Tony McDermott, on 6-10-2011 for the free inspection and I was assured that when they were done they would know what was wrong with the transmission. When I took the car there, it was not shifting out of 1st, as I pulled in the temp began to climb but DID NOT over heat. It had a terrible noise coming from under the hood. I got a call from Mr. McDermott later that day. He stated that It is definitely the transmission but we don't know exactly what is wrong with it We have to drop the trans and open it up to know for sure what parts are needed I was charged $275.00 for that. On 6-11-2011 I got another call from him stating that it needed to be rebuilt. Gave me 2 price quotes for me to choose from. I told him to go ahead and do the work for the cost of aprox $1,750 for them to do a rebuild service. When we picked up the car on 6-16-2011, we got 1 block away & had to go back. The car was NOT wanting to shift out of 1st and the terrible noise under the hood was still there, I was told it's a little bit sluggish (That car has NEVER been sluggish in shifting and I would think with a rebuilt trans it would shift just fine). He drove the car and said it shifted just fine for me. Opened the hood and said it needed a new tensioner and they should have replaced it when they were working on the car because they already had everything taken apart. The tensioner was rattling and shaking. He instructed us not to floor it and just take it easy. He then, out of the blue, said he wanted to drain the oil and look at it. He then told me that the motor was going and I need to replace it. I said I would have to look into that because I had just paid almost 2 thousand dollars for the trans to be fixed. I left and the car just wouldn't go. Was very hard for the car to shift out of 1st. This is a 1998 and has never ran as bad as it did when I left that store. Exactly 3 hrs later at 8:30 pm I had to call Triple A to get a tow because I was stranded. The car WOULD NOT shift out of 1st, the noise under the hood was worse and the temp had started to climb again. It had been driven a total of aprox 18-19 miles and was in the SAME condition it was in on 6-10-2011 when I took it to the Aamco store. Next morning Mr. McDermott called me and said there is nothing wrong with the transmission, it shifted fine for me the motor is gone. The car was doing the exact........EXACT same thing BEFORE he rebuilt the trans. I asked him if that was the case then my money would be refunded, right? He told me no. That there is nothing wrong with the trans. He also stated that the trans is under warranty now and he would fix it for free. I feel if there was nothing wrong with the trans but the car is doing THE SAME thing as it was doing when I dropped it off on 6-10-2011 then why am I being charged for a rebuild service, if, in fact, it didn't need to be done in the first place. Nothing has changed with how the car is running......nothing.The ONLY difference is I have paid $1,962 for my car to run the exact same way it did on 6-10-2011. I had the car towed to a different shop and have a statement from them saying that it is and was the tensioner and timing belt. It had jumped time because of it and thats why it wasnt shifting and starting to overheat. I ended up having to sell the car because I had already given Aamco $2000.00 and could not afford any more repairs. They had drained me. The man that bought the car spent a total of $20 to fix it!! That's it!! I went almost 2 months of saving up $$ to be able to get another car. I have filled a formal complain with the AZ State Attorney Generals office. If anyone has had this happen at Aamco in Mesa, AZ, I would suggest doing the same. The more complaints they have the more likely we are to get our HARD EARNED $$ back.
Entity: Mesa, Arizona
Feb 22 2012
aamco transmission Very poor service springfield, Illinois
I recently went to Aamco Transmissioin to have services done on my car the manager tells me first off that it would take 1 day but it took 3 days to get done.So I took a cab to work $13.00 . Then the guy told me that they had a check system program that everyone qualifies for even if you have bad credit. So they did the work it came up to $1645.60  So i sent 4 checks all in the amount of 412.50 with my boyfriend along with my ID to pick up my vehicle only to find out my checks were declined . So the manager tells me that they would need the full balance  $1645.60 otherwise I couldnt get the vehicle and if it takes it more than 10days there will be $20 per day storage fee. so thats $600 for 30 days on top of the 1645
Entity: springfield, Illinois
May 03 2012
Aamco rip-off Pearl River, New York, Internet
We took our car to the local dealership for a diagnostics test as the transmission light was flashing. W went to a local AAMCO shop in Pearl River, NY. We were met by Chris the owner and he advised that they could rebuild the transmission, and said that they could start on it immediately but would not have an idea of the extent until the next day or so. I asked him for a written estimate of the work and he said he wouldnt know that until he looked at the transmission. After a few days we spoke and he advised that it would be 800.00 to take it apart and start the work, and that he estimated the job to be around $3,000 dollars which would include the standard rebuild kit. He also advised that price could be reduced a little if we were to pay him in cash - a point that was stressed several times, and should have been a clear indication. He advised however that the $800.00 required to start the job would be included into the overall costs if we proceeded with the job and that all he needed was a verbal ok to start. Once i said, okay to him, he started to work on the car and next week he said the car was ready. I went to pick it up and when i was driving home i had the same problem occur. I then called him back regarding this issue and he said bring the car back and drop it off. I bought the car back and he said he would work on it. Following week he called me saying its oxygen sensor issue and you need to have that fixed. So i bought my car to auto garage and asked him to take a look at it and he said its a transmissions issue not oxygen sensor. So i called chris and told him its not the sensor its the transmission and i dropped the car back to his garage in Pearl river. My car is still sitting there and he doesnt want to fix the car. I paid him $3000 in cash (i know i made a mistake) and my car is still not fixed. I have called the AAMCO headquarters and left many voicemails and no one has got back to me yet. This is really frustrating, I am out of car and $3000. If anyone has any suggestions please reply back.
Entity: , Internet
Nov 12 2009
AAMCO BEWARE Daytona Beach, Florida
BEWARE!!! If you take it to AAMCO because they are a national chain and think they won't rip you off, think again. Nice man will tell you bring it in, we'll do a free check. A few hours later you'll get a call telling you our top notch techs looked at it and it looks like it'll run around $1,400... but we won't know for sure until we take it apart and do a thorough investigation. You'll get a call the next day telling you unfortunately, you had more damage than we originally thought. You need one of these gizmos you know nothing about, and a couple of these whatchamacallits you don't know anything about... looks like it'll run you around $2,400. If you say no thanks, just put it back together, they have you for $700 labor (and that doesn't even include putting your transmission back together... bring your own box!). If you don't have the money, they'll conveniently find a used transmission (probably sitting in their back room from some previous customer who thought their transmission was totaled and needed replaced) and then tell you we can install this gently used transmission for only $1,500. And all the while, nice man will keep telling you I'm doing everything I can to work with you.I'm an engineer and was an aircraft mechanic for over 6 years and I'd STRONGLY recommend taking your vehicle somewhere else. Ask around, read reviews, there are honest local mechanics in the area that do good work. I wish I would have.
Entity: Daytona Beach, Florida
Jan 01 2011
AAMCO extremely piss poor service Virginia Beach, Virginia
Took my jeep wrangler in due to transmission problems to AAMCO. Discovered (after close examination by a "AAMCO expert" that it would need rebuilt, which was understood before I took it in) Problem 1- Had complete rebuild performed (AX-15 5 speed manual transmission) replaced clutch, slave cylinder, throwout bearing, and flywheel/flexplate. Within a week clutch slave cylinder begins leaking severely. Mechanic (personal mechanic who has worked on vehicle many times before was in the process of replacing the engine when he found the cause of the issue) notified me that AAMCO installed the internal slave incorrectly, and replaced it for me free of charge. Problem 2- Flexplate/Flywheel was never cleaned of the shipping grease before installation causing the clutch disc to slip and burn off friction material- personal mechanic again cleaned (I say again personal mechanic, ASE Certified JEEP Master Mechanic, not AAMCO employee) free of charge while installing new engine Problem 3- Clutch pressure hose on the slave cylinder held on by zip-ties and ducktape. Personal mechanic pointed this out as soon as I brought the jeep into his shop for engine install. We discovered a broken fitting that AAMCO had rigged in a dangerous and shoddy manner. Should the zipties havemelted and broke, flamable brake fluid would have been sprayed directly upon the exhaust downpipe, possibly causing a fire underneath vehicle, or causing me to be stranded on the road. Its wintertime right now, snow is on the ground, this is not a possibility I find very comforting. Problem 4- three months after install- I-95 returning from SC to VA, transmission's fifth gear comes apart, can only drive the vehicle using 1st through 4th gear, which kills the fuel economy and causes premature wear upon new engine due to consistantly higher than normal RPM's. The first 3 problems were noted BEFORE another ASE Master Mechanic, whom I know and trust, and who has worked on every jeep Ive owned for ten years now, ever touched the vehicle. The workmanship, quality assurance, and integrity of the job AAMCO performed is unacceptable. A rebuilt transmission installed correctly should not have any of the problems noted above for many years. I believe this company needs a severe wake up call from the BBB and other government entities that set standards of work for business. I myself am an ASE certified mechanic, and obvious issues such as this give people in the automobile repair industry a bad reputation.
Entity: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Feb 15 2011
Aamco Trans, Electrical, Harmonica balancer, new motor! webster, Texas
Ok this Aamco has riped me off so much first my transmission went out and they charged me 3700$ for a rebuilt not even a new one second i got an oild change some where else and they say my trans fluid is leaking so i clean it off next few days it gets dirty again so i take it up their, and they say no its no leak your fine, 1 week later my 3000gt starts to shift weird and on my way up their car wont shift for me at all.   next they fix it again but this time they say its some electrical part and they cant fiqure it out because they cant get any computer to read my car, finally my trans gets fixed and its still leaking they have yet to fix it. 5 days later my harmonic balancer just misteriuosly falls out and i have to pay 800$ to fix that then a piece of that belt got jammed in my timming belt the mechanic pulls it oout and makes it jump 4 teeth takes them 2 weeks to get the part because they keep ordering the wrong one then the ONLY mechanic that can work on my car is sick, i dont see how he is the ONLY one that can fix it anyways i called him monday morning February 14, he says i have no pressure in my motor and i need a new motor by this time we have spent over 4500$ just to not even fix my car by this time my dad came and took the car out and they didnt even care they were just milking my parents for our money. I kept calling Aamco corporate to try and get some one to help me no one is responding.
Entity: webster, Texas
Nov 09 2010
aamco BIG TIME RIP OFF /DESTRYED MY CAR springfield, Massachusetts
AAMCO TRANSMISSIONS @927 Boston Road in Springfield Ma.  MY moms car was leaking transmission fluid she pulled into this garage displaying the AAMCO sign thinking she could trust them ! Wow was she wrong this was the beginning of a nightmare, she left the car and was told to later callback for a quote, the quote was for $695.00 which was more than she could afford but agreed because the car needed to be fixed . Next day the price went up to $ 1,500.00 which she said was to much but let me call my daughter to see if she can help. Before being able to call me he called and said there were more problems and the price was now $1,985.00 . She said she definitely cannot afford it. He said thats fine bring me  the $695.00 and I will return your car , she asked why see had to pay him this money if he was not fixing the car, he claims for removing the transmission well they haggled back and forth and he said you have to bring me $300.00 or I am not giving you back your car. At this point she called me frantic I called him and spoke with both Joe and BOB who agreed on $ 200. for their time and for removing and replacing the transmission. I called my mom told her to call AAA get a tow truck pick up her car give the man the 200 and we will solve this at a later time. WELL when my mom arrived with tow truck Joe brought the car out , took the $200. then said wait I have something for you and brought the transmission out in a box !! The engine is held by a chain the transmission in a box and the axle in the back seat and numerous other parts we are unfamiliar to what and where they belong . My mother is a senior citizen 77 y/o he yelled at her called her racial slurs it was terrible . I called him to ask him why he didn't put the transmission back in he told me to go @&*# myself. Does AAMCO not screen whom they sell their franchise to and is there not some type of code they must abide by . Like Mcdonalds where there is some type of uniform service. This comapny is a disgrace DO NOT GO THERE Neida M (car owner) written by Denise L (daughter) Springfield Ma. (((REDACTED))) gmail.com CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: springfield, Massachusetts
Jun 08 2010
AAMCO [Don't let them anywhere near your car] flagstaff, Arizona
I had an small issue with my 03 Mitsubishi Eclipse involving a malfunction with the windshield wipers. I am a 21 year old female college student and was with my female roommate, and they probably thought they could take advantage of that. The store-keep was a real jerk in the first place--condescending, unhelpful, and clearly knew nothing about cars. My car had been in the garage for about 3 minutes when he called me in about a huge problem. Of course, he didn't know what it was, but he called the mechanic over to tell me that there were a few stains on one of my metal support structures--indicative of a coolant leak. I told him that my engine did not overheat and he said it was a matter of time before I would experience engine failure. They also tried to get me to believe that the bolts holding up my engine were falling out and my engine could get jolted loose at the slightest bump in the road. Luckily I didn't trust the guys and took it to a local honest mechanic who saved me several hundreds of dollars in fake repairs. Ended up spending less than 80 bucks to fix my faulty wiper motor. He later told me that the AAMCO guys were known for being a little too ambitious. And four months and 2 blizzards later, I haven't seen any overheating, nor has my engine inexplicably fallen out of my car. I will never trust another AAMCO mechanic again.
Entity: flagstaff, Arizona